[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 41

File: carebears.jpg (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
carebears.jpg
234KB, 1024x768px
Stupid Questions Thread.
Use an internet search engine before posting ITT.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
>>
File: Screenshot_20170819_132525.png (5KB, 272x109px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170819_132525.png
5KB, 272x109px
What's this green button on the GitHub site for? How do I use it to install mpv on OpenSuse Tumbleweed, which has git installed by default?

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build
>>
Can anyone recommend a online music store that lets you download the music you've bought an unlimited amount of times?
>>
How do I save periscope videos? There's a good q&a educational video I need to save.
>>
>>61980782
Google Music
>>
>>61980780
You need to follow the installation instructions on this page.
Usually, this button is for cloning the whole repository (probably for a dev purpose).
You may not need it
>>
>>61980784
Try to use you PC as a proxy
>>
File: ss.2017-08-19.jpg (57KB, 478x258px) Image search: [Google]
ss.2017-08-19.jpg
57KB, 478x258px
>>61980800
But it only allows you to download music a limited number of times
>>
How do I get a UPS label without a printer? I need to send my Xbox controller back and they need a printed label. I don't want to buy a printer just for this one thing.
>>
>>61980852
Use the music manager then, as it says. What is so difficult about dumping them on gdrive, OneDrive etc.
>>
File: dell U2718Q headphones.jpg (209KB, 964x516px) Image search: [Google]
dell U2718Q headphones.jpg
209KB, 964x516px
I want to buy a Dell monitor but their monitors usually don’t have an headphone jack and only have an Audio line-out port.
I don’t wan’t to buy speakers just to connect my headphones to them. What can i get that’s cheap so that i can use headphones and control volume from that port?
>>
>>61980871
>What is so difficult about dumping them on gdrive, OneDrive etc.
what is so difficult about letting me download what I paid for?
>>
>>61980883
Just use your desktop case with extended cable? Use headphone port in controller for gaming.
>>
>>61972928
That error code looks like a MAC address. I would cover it. Use dnscrypt.
>>
>>61980780
You use the url it gives you as an argument to git clone. But it won't install anything, just give you a copy of the source code.
>>
I've had an ancient desktop for a while now and a secondhand thinkpad recently, I want to upgrade to be able to play games more recent than 2006, but I plan on moving abroad in the future.
My question is this, how bad is the gaming laptop meme really?
>>
File: ff.png (28KB, 632x189px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
28KB, 632x189px
Why does this happen on almost every single webpage I open and how do I find the offending addon to kill it?

Fucking mozilla what have they done now.
>>
>pc will no longer boot
>trying to repair windows doesn't work no matter how many times i try
>go buy new ssd, was planning to anyway
>install windows
>pc now recognises old ssd even though i still can't boot from it

does that mean i didn't actually lose anything?
where was the stuff that was saved to desktop on my old ssd?
>>
>>61980906
I have a PS4 and PS3 how do i get headphone audio from the PS? And i might want to connect other things to it later that don't have a headphone jack.
>>
So my LG G3 just blue screened for seemingly no reason a few hours ago and I've tried a bunch of shit to fix it. Managed to boot into safe mode for a little bit, but not for long. Is the motherboard fucked? Is my data gone forever on this thing if I have to get a new motherboard?
>>
I have Win 7 and want to keep the boot.

I want to buy an SSD and put Linux on it.

Do I install onto SSD and make the PC boot to SSD? Will the grub boot loader thing recognise the Windows on another drive and let me boot to it or do I have to go into the bios every time I want Windows (surely not)
>>
>>61980988
go to
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENAME\extensions

then look for something matching your screenshot
>>
>>61980990
I don't know maybe see what files are on the old ssd? What's in the Desktop folder maybe?
>>
>>61981028
I think I've done that and it worked. Not with an ssd, but an hdd, but it should be the same.
>>
Spacemacs takes four seconds to start up (GUI) even though I haven't even installed helm. What the fuck is this shit?
Also, is it normal for M-x gnus to automatically crash in GUI if the ~/.gnus.el file doesn't exist?
>>
>>61980999
PS4 can output game audio to headphones connected to controller (change setting in quick menu). PS3 I don't think so.
>>
>>61981127
So how would i get headphone audio from the PS3?
>>
>>61981036

I'm in ~/.mozilla/firefox/[gibberish].default/extensions/

There's nothing that matches the beginning of that guid.

~/.mozilla/extensions/ is empty
>>
What are skills that I can learn over 6 months to year that will give me the ability to work freelance online for some extra money?
>>
>>61981248

If the web developers at my company are any indication, web development.

Learn javascript, html&css, and then whatever flavour of the month js library everyone is circlejerking over and make some stupid portfolio in it full of bullshit.

Easy money
>>
Any recommendations for an email app for Android that isn't K-9 mail?
>>
>>61981391
I use outlook
>>
Alright i had enough of outlook this piece of shit can't even archive things properly what are my alternatives? Desktop client only don't care about mobile.
>>
>>61981078
Yes. Emacs is fucking shit.
>>
Whenever I go to shutdown W10 it will have some bullshit like "App X is preventing windows from shutting down" is there a setting I can change so windows does what I want and actually shuts down when I tell it to, and force closes applications?
>>
>>61981839
Ok.
Another question, how do I permanently uninstall evil packages from spacemacs? When I mark them for deletion then remove them, they're automatically re-installed when I restart spacemacs.
>>
Libretorrent android
So im downloading a 700 mb torrent and after downloading 600mb my internet connection got spotty. Surely I can download the 100 mb later right? Nope. Libretorrent now shows only 350 mb downloaded. I have a bad internet speed. How do I prevent corruption
>>
How do I prevent my keyboard from getting shiny and greasy?
>>
>>61981896
shutdown /s /f /t 0

Don't think there is any way to add that to the start menu.

>>61982063
Wash your hands.
>>
display port vs hdmi, are there any bad things about display port? ive heard of it destroying gpus. hdmi? all i know is it can enforce drm or something
>>
Looking for EU based unix shell provider. Planning to run Irssi 1-2 Eggdrop bots on background.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>61982104
DisplayPort supports wider range of resolutions and refresh rates and doesn't have the same amounts of unnessessary bullshit as HDMI has (audio return channels, handshaking, DRM etc.). Its only drawback is limited support in non-pc products.
>>
>>61982159
it still supports audio right? and also what about the gpu destroying? i remember it had something to do with powered dp i think
>>
>>61982181
Displayport supports audio in general. However there are some cases where f.ex. laptops only output video on DP.

I haven't heard anything about DP destroying GPU's so I can't say anything to that, but it's probably incredibly rare.
>>
>>61981962
Have you checked in ~/.spacemacs? I think it lists packages in there
>>
File: systempanel.jpg (11KB, 217x222px) Image search: [Google]
systempanel.jpg
11KB, 217x222px
what are the extra unused ports on the system panel connector
>>
what would happen if I add cortana to the windows firewall?
>>
ok so, I'm using youtube-dl to download and watch my stuff, and I've thought up this config sort of thing where I load a channel's video page from youtube on ytdl, and download everything in the past say week or two, that I haven't downloaded already.
Anyone that's already done this, any idea on how to implement the date restriction?
>>
>>61982338
nevermind, found it just now buried in the man page. For anyone interested:
>VIDEO SELECTION
> Videos can be filtered by their upload date using the options --date, --datebefore or --dateafter. They accept dates in two formats:

> · Absolute dates: Dates in the format YYYYMMDD.

> · Relative dates: Dates in the format (now|today)[+-][0-9](day|week|month|year)(s)?
>>
>>61982298
The pins between power led and speaker are for keylock. Others are unneccessary ground or minus connectors that have been dropped along the years to simplify cablework.
>>
File: a.png (277KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
277KB, 1000x1000px
>>61980883
it just means it's not amplified, you need any kind of amplifier

if you want to go as cheap as possible, you can get an amplifier board, a headphone extension, and any kind of usb cable, all for about $1 each, then just solder them to the board
you'll also need a potentiometer for volume control if you headphones don't have a volume control on them
>>
>>61982295
Yeah, I removed the variable names of the packages but it doesn't work, spacemacs just reinstalls them automatically.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (79KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
79KB, 1001x1001px
>>61982504
>>61980883
ah, there are little boards with a POT included (volume control)
>>
youtube on android (in Firefox) used to play just fine in the background, now when i change apps or turn off the screen it stops playing. what do?
>>
An activator you trust for Windows 10? It is for my dad.
>>
Found myself two SATA laptop hard drives, 80gb each.

What do I do with em?
>>
>>61982504
>>61982652
Why doesn't Dell just include an internal headphones amplifier in their monitors like every other monitor brand?
>>
I need to post a .pdf file in a thread. What site should I use to share it?
>>
How do I download MP3's from YouTube now that all the browser extensions and add-ons are getting fucked with?
>>
My internet has been acting up lately and after getting two techs to check it out, I think we came to the conclusion that it's something on my end.

When he ran speedtests on my computer, I got really, really low speeds, but when he plugged my internet cable into his laptop and ran the tests, the speeds came up normal. He's saying it's a software issue with my computer. Does anyone know what it might be or how I should go about fixing this?
>>
>>61982959
http://www.mp3juices.cc/

Or JDownloader
>>
>>61982956
mega.co.nz
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 668x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 668x506px
What's wrong with this running Overwatch?
Even on all settings low (except character models, medium) I still sometimes drop to 40 fps when nothing major is happening in game.
Could it be my cpu temp? It goes to 70 C when I run games. I do keep v-sync on also.
>>
>>61983140
OH RIGHT
Thanks man
>>
>>61980763
Thoughts on replacing my data storage 1TB 7200 HDD with a 2TB SSD? Random read speeds are too low, I'm not storing all this data only to wait upwards of one second while the directory loads up. I already have an SSD boot drive.
>>
>>61983167
You probably have W10 with all the bloatware and even some third party AV installed, leaving little resources for a horribly optimized game with a bloated launcher running on the background, and who knows what else your system is running.

You don't even have an SSD, probably the HDD is choking too.
>>
What is the universe expanding into?
>>
>>61980763
Where can I obtain an original windows 7 starter edition?

It's for an old laptop is and old Pentium M / 1GB ram with an oem XP.
>>
>>61982328
Something happened :(
>>
>>61983167
Disable vsync, it'll severly degrade performance it you can't stay above 60 fps.

>>61983268
Nobody knows. We don't even know how far the universe reaches.
>>
Chocolatey or NPackd? I normally use Ninite but the selection is limited.
>>
>>61983339
>it'll severly degrade performance it you can't stay above 60 fps.
I can go to 80 when nothing is happening. But I'd like to have constant 60 on higher settings.
>>
Should I switch back to firefox now or wait for 57?
>>
What do you set your share ration to, /g/?

Currently have it on 5.
>>
What's the best way to make a custom css for 4chan without using any extentions/add-ons?
I want to make 4chan look a little bit like 2ch and I'm thinking of just editing the standard 4chan Futaba/Burichan to change colors at first.
Is it possible to have "Anonymous" show up as 名無し and the days of the week as (木), (火), (水), etc.?
Lastly, is there some text editor that would make the 4chan css easier to parse? It looks like a disgusting mass of text with no spaces that's a bit of a pain to read.
>>
File: 88882.png (226KB, 1208x514px) Image search: [Google]
88882.png
226KB, 1208x514px
>>61980763
How would one do something like this paper generator? I thought the easiest would be to just create it in DOM and then pdf print it, but that would depend on the users browser settings, zoom etc - so then I thought php gd, but how the shit would I draw in the angled lines correctly? is there any ready script for that?
>>
i use adblock plus and i've never seen ads on Twitch before until today, i saw it on two streams in a row. Why?
>>
whats the best software to update the hardwares ?
>>
>>61984505
Usually turning ad block off then back on and refreshing the page works for me.
Something like that.
>>
File: 2017-08-19-115558_109x265_scrot.png (14KB, 109x265px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19-115558_109x265_scrot.png
14KB, 109x265px
>>61983869
Unlimited.
>>
>>61984505
adblock plus is comprised, use ublock origin instead
>>
>>61983167
overheating can cause throttling, which results in lower-then-expected fps
also ensure there's nothing else running that is using considerable resources
also be sure you're not low on memory
>>
File: BWW6jfN.png (52KB, 964x531px) Image search: [Google]
BWW6jfN.png
52KB, 964x531px
can I install linux at this partition so I can dual boot with windows?
is it a problem that the partition is not at the end of the disk?
>>
>>61984707
>can I install linux at this partition so I can dual boot with windows?
yes, it's evidently a GPT disk, so there should be no issue placing a new partition there
>is it a problem that the partition is not at the end of the disk?
no, it can be anywhere
>>
>>61984505
You didn't think ad companies would just sit there and watch everyone block their shit, did you? They're always updating their cancer so it gets past through adblockers. You have to update your adblocker and third-party lists
>>
>>61984759
thanks
>>
>>61980763
How do I get a job programming for embedded systems?
I'm currently learning C. I know I should build a portfolio showcasing all my knowledge about it, but what else do I need?
>>
>>61984606
Yeah, I'd do that too if it weren't for the fact that I like organizing my shit properly.
>>
Hey friends my lappy top died and I need something better than it this is what I had pls respond https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-X550ZA-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00YR6BMOQ
>>
>>61984925
Okay.
>>
>>61985072
Okay.

Anyone who has a realistic share ratio?
>>
>>61984816
Some embedded systems to program. Buy some small SOCs aimed at Internet of Informants applications and build your portfolio with them.
>>
>>61985103
If you don't know, just share a 1:1 ratio. maybe a little thrown on top to make up for hash checking.
>>
best free vpn that works on nightly 57? dont care about privacy, just need to get on certain websites blocked here
>>
File: CUUPSa_UwAApwLo.jpg (116KB, 600x985px) Image search: [Google]
CUUPSa_UwAApwLo.jpg
116KB, 600x985px
Phone Connected to a BT Speaker. Is there an application that allows me to control the Phone's Music Player (or even a custom Music Player itself)?
>>
does /g/ know of a good alternative desktop environment for windows?
or are they all shady hacks?

i mean the closer i got to a productive environment was clover, that lets you have chrome-style tabs on windows explorer

and it's a chinese botnet
>>
File: 45c.png (3MB, 804x3965px) Image search: [Google]
45c.png
3MB, 804x3965px
>>61980763

I have 4x8TB drives attached to an OS X server. I can't wipe all of them because I have ~8TB data currently that I wouldn't be able to store anywhere else.

I'm using it as a NAS and am considering setting up a RAID array. In order to have all 4 drives in the same array, do they all need to be wiped simultaneously? Additionally, what would make more sense, RAIDZ2 with all 4 drives? 2xRAIDZ1 split between the 4 drives? HFS+ RAID10?
>>
>>61985302
So you want to use your Phone as Remote server for your Music? The Music would be on your Phone or on the PC?
>>
File: 1466400773762.jpg (290KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1466400773762.jpg
290KB, 800x1111px
>>61980763
Where do yall download your anime from?
>>
>>61980853
go to a library and print the label there?
>>
Is there anyway to check how safe my browser is regarding privacy and traceability?
>>
>>61985688
>>> https://kissanime.io/ + flv downloader addon
>>
My computer is rather dated but I've replaced the parts over the years but it's been very sluggish/delayed when I have Guild Wars 2 open and Firefox open on the second monitor. The game runs fine but Firefox is very stuttery.

I've got a 7 year old i5 2500k with 16GB ddr3 and a gtx 970... Would it be the CPU causing the performance issues? GW2 is cpu intensive from what I understand
>>
just got a RX 570, and eyefinity is all weird, my monitors are 16:9 so I should have a 16:3 aspect ratio overall, but the only resolution selections are for 4:1 for some reason. Even VSR to 4x doesn't seem to change it. I had a 270X and while I couldn't VSR in eyefinity, and it gave hte option for 4:1 aspect ratios it still gave me 16:3 ratios

anyone know anything about that?
>>
>>61985696
https://panopticlick.eff.org/
>>
>>61985759
Reinstall windows, if you've had the same windows install for seven years it's probably your biggest issue.
>>
>>61985773

It's changed since then but it's about 3 years old on a 256gb SSD. Should I stick with the win7 repository I have or get 10 on it?
>>
>>61985763
I'm not getting any fingerprinting results, the rest are marked as "yes" though.
>>
I have a desktop, a laptop, a Chromebook, and a smartphone. My desktop is plugged directly into my router, all the other devices are using wireless.
The Internet speed on my desktop and laptop are fine, but the Chromebook and smartphone are REALLY slow. They get a good signal strength from the router, but webpages and videos take forever to load. What's up with that?
>>
What's a decent light laptop with a good battery life?
>>
>>61986212
arm based chromebooks
>>
How do you keep mouse and keyboard clean?
>>
>>61986296
70% isopropyl alcohol
>>
Why do nameservers have NS records? Aren't those in the zone file enough?
>>
>>61986251
Why ARM?
>>
>>61986387
Max battery life?
>>
>>61986148
Did you run speed tests on them?
>>
>>61986397
Thanks
>>
Hi. I'm going through SICP, for those of you who have read it what kind of notes did you take? (if any) I'm unsure as to what I should be memorizing.
Also is Guile a good interpreter for testing your code?
>>
If I root my phone/flash a custom rom/remove gapps will any of that mess up my mobile data or calling/texting? Also if you don't have gapps can you still download APKs for Play Store apps like Instagram for example?
>>
>>61986618

I didn't install gapps onto a Nexus 5 that I gave to a relative in China and they had no issues calling/texting/using data.

You can use APKmirror to download APKs.
>>
Can someone explain log(x) function? (in C)

Book says:
>Returns the natural logarithm of x for x > 0.0: if x is 2.71828, log(x) is 1.0

How does this gets evaluated mathematically?
>>
File: 192x172.png (46KB, 192x172px) Image search: [Google]
192x172.png
46KB, 192x172px
How can I transform my email adress to a honeypot to receive viruses for reverse engineering?
Where can i spam my email adress to this purpose?
>>
>>61986639
Ok thank you
>>
>>61986454
i didn't really take notes, and i think the point of the bool is understanding the concepts of *how* to do stuff in computer programs..

>>61986647
how about reading the source? it's in math.h, right?
>>
File: IMG_1038.png (298KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1038.png
298KB, 1242x2208px
Been using 1Blocker so far for Safari but I was sick of seeing ads on YouTube/Twitch etc.

I found this app for iOS that sets up a VPN profile that routes ad traffic, but not normal traffic through their servers. It's free and makes me suspicious.

How can I check the legitimacy and if they're not data mining me to the core? All apps on iOS have some in app purchases and this one does not....
>>
>>61986695
Yes. it's in math.h
Turns out it's just ln(x) but they denote it as log(x) and to get log(x) in C you need to input log10(x).

As TI-82 user this rustles my jimmies
>>
What's tha one website where you can see all the shit people have been torrrenting on the wifi network you're connected to?
>>
>>61985320
BlackBox for Windows
>>
>>61986814
http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com
>>
File: IMG_1041.jpg (176KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.jpg
176KB, 1242x2208px
>>61986767
Bump, how shady is this?
>>
I keep getting "download unsuccessful when trying to install VLC from f-droid, what do?
>>
Whats the best way to block single sites from redirecting you elsewhere on firefox?
>>
>>61986961
The apk will probably be in sd://Android/data/org.fdroid.fdroid somewhere
>>
How do I access proftpd storage mounted on my router?
>>
>>61980763
If a piece of software is open sourced, what prevents someone finding an exploit and keeping it to themselves?
>>
>>61986966
> Preferences
> Advanced
> General
> Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page

otherwise, you can download "no redirect" module.
>>
I recently inherited a Galaxy S6 from mummy who just upgraded. I'm coming from an S5, which had an integral microSD card slot. The S6 doesn't have a slot, but there are plenty of cheap adapters for it. The issue is, they all take up the microUSB slot in the phone, so I can't charge it and listen to music. Are there any adapters that have both a microUSB and a microSD slot?
>>
File: snake.png (5KB, 480x528px) Image search: [Google]
snake.png
5KB, 480x528px
Which strategies/algorithms are there for generating a random coord for food in a snake game (the thing is i don't have a 'field' matrix, only the snake body parts coords, field width and height)?
>>
>>61987044
Single sites, as in I can choose sites to blacklist, so not the default settings. No redirect doesn't seem to be supported on the latest version.
>>
>>61987011
I don't see an org.fdroid.fdroid file there
>>
>>61987033
Nothing. Just like nothing prevents someone from reporting exploits found in closed source software.
>>
>>61986767
>>61986938
Bump, I don't want to pollute your board with trash threads
>>
1.Pick a random number x for foodX < fieldwidth and a random number y for foodY < fieldheight
2.Check for a snake at spot (x, y). If there is a snake there, goto 1, otherwise put the food there.

Is that the question? Or are you looking for pseudo-random generation algorhythms? Most languages provide that in some forn.

If the former, how are you enjoying intro to programming 101, junior?
>>
>>61987100
Well you could just go with the dumb approach and generate random coords in a loop until you get something that isn't on a body.

It should be fine unless you're making it for the NES or have an absurdly huge board or something.
>>
>>61987331
>>61987100
>>
Are domain registrars really the only way to get a domain?
>>
>>61987383
you could just make your own internet instead
>>
File: 1 (1288).jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1288).jpg
92KB, 400x400px
What is the easiest and safest way to clone one SSD that has Windows 7 to a new blank SSD?
>>
How do I ftp into my dd wrt router?
>>
>>61987528
dd
>>
>>61987605
I don't have Linux
>>
>>61980763
Can you use soft decision decoding with hadamard codes?
>>
>>61982992
Anyone? Fuck, this is awful.
>>
>>61987528

Acronis True Image
>>
>>61987244
It probably just changes your dns server to their pi-hole install. Yes they could sell info about what domains you visit and they could replace non-https resources with their own but they probably aren't.
>>
What is the best free media viewer for videos? Preferably something for someone who is relatively tech-illiterate.
>>
>>61986914
Thank
>>
>>61987682
>$49.99
WEW
>>
>>61987556
Eh? If you want to put a file in there use scp to user root at the routers ip
>>
Could someone recommend an image hosting site that doesn't suck?

Already tried: imgur, photobucket, tinypic
>>
I have a formatting question for a design document I'm making.

Basically I want to have a table of contents on the side of the word processer, like in a PDF reader. So its always on top except when minimized, and I can easily organize and the document and jump to the relevant section.

Is there a way to do this in standard word processors like open office, MS word, etc. or do I need specialized software?
>>
>>61987720
no, it has mounted storage via usb
>>
>>61987691
SMplayer and mpv
>>
I just updated to Firefox 55.0.2 and now I can't load .swf files off my harddrive. Flash in general and even loading raw .swf files of external sites still works fine, it's just local files that aren't working.

Anyone know what the deal is and if I can fix it?
>>
>>61987727
what is an image hosting site that suck?
there is prnt.sc
>>
>>61987713
clonezilla

>>61987744
then it should show up as a upnp device
>>
>>61987744
Try re wording your question. Or describing what you are actually trying to do.
>>
How realistic is it to build a compact PC with enough processing for heavy music production (and honey select) to be used at home and on the go via connecting to a tablet for a monitor
>>
>>61986914
Wow, it even lets you generate links to spy on your friends. That shit is evil.

Makes me glad that I don't have a static IP.
>>
File: 2017-08-19-153054_590x180_scrot.png (13KB, 590x180px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19-153054_590x180_scrot.png
13KB, 590x180px
>>61987781
>>61987766
Say it was mounted like dev/discs/disc0/part1 mounted on /mnt as disc0_part1
>>
>>61987810
you shouldn't need ftp, it's on your network so your filebrowser should be able to access it, unless there's a particular reason you need to use ftp
>>
File: Capture.png (61KB, 794x627px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
61KB, 794x627px
>>61987686
Thanks for the reply, but fuck these guys. No way I'm letting them have all that.

I'd really appreciated if someone suggested some solid iOS ad block. Like setting up 255.255.255.255 as the VPN server which is bogus, to filter ads.
>>
>>61987837
Okay, how? I access the router with 192.168.1.1, but how do I get into the storage?
>>
>>61987887
it should show up when you point your filmanager to browse the network. are you sure your router supports standalone storage. there's lots of routers out there with usb ports that don't support storage that's not from either a nas or a hdd that's got something attatched to it to tell the router here's storage. if your router supports it then it should just be plug and go
>>
>>61987887
Haven't used Windows for some time, but I think it should be something like

\\192.168.1.1\folder
>>
File: aoKapXYr_700w_0.jpg (20KB, 455x461px) Image search: [Google]
aoKapXYr_700w_0.jpg
20KB, 455x461px
>>61980763
Trying to do a NoFap and have blocked all pron sites in win7 hosts file but fore some reason i can't block induvidual boards like:
> boards.4chan.org/gif/

Can you only block the most common sites using the 127.0.0.1 method?

Will i have to set up a DNS to block the nsfw sites on 4chan?

I would still like to continue to use the sfw sites.
>>
>>61987808
> on the go
You mean like a laptop?

Does anyone actually use their laptop on their lap?
>>
>>61988086
Only the domain name is used in dns lookups.
You could make a trivial greasemonkey script that had the naughty sites in the include directive and document.write("no touchy benis!"); in the body.
>>
>>61987947
dd wrt say it was mounted successfully, I'm just having trouble accessing it
>>61988005
Ubuntu actually
>>
>>61988169
when it says it mounted successfully, does it give a location? if so then you should be able to just copy/paste that into your fm path bar
>>
I want to put openvpn on a box between my pc and my router so that all internet communication passes through a proxy. I would prefer a wired connection and no more expensive than necessary to be reliable. what do I need /g/?
>>
>>61988217
I'm trying to access it with the same username I sign into the web interface with, and the password I set in the nas options, but connection is refused?
>>
>>61980782
bandcamp
>>
Which of this method is the fastest/lightest to count the number of number of digits?

Doing floor(log(x))+1 or doing a lot of divisions?
>>
>>61988402
Turn to string then get length.
>>
File: 2017-08-19-162057_684x637_scrot.png (62KB, 684x637px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19-162057_684x637_scrot.png
62KB, 684x637px
>>61988217
It does give a location, yes. No I can't access it when I type the location.
>>
Recommend me a Linux distro?
I don't plan on doing anything too fancy on it since I want privacy. Just watching videos, maybe some programming since I'm taking some course this semester on circuits.
Preferably something that already "looks nice" but I can customize later when I get the hang of doing the technical stuff.
>>
best linux distro to learn how to linux? has to be rock stable, i dont think fixing and dealing with buggy software counts as learning
>>
>>61988551
I see two file paths, which one did you try
>>
>>61988615
/mnt/disc0_part1
/mnt
/jffs
I tried them all
>>
>>61988558
>>61988577
Source mage gnu Linux is for you!
>>
>>61988633
can you change the mount point? dunno why that would work but then again I can't see why it's not working
>>
>>61988577
>i dont think fixing
But it is.
Every distro can crash
>>
>>61988651
Never heard of it. Think I'll go with Debian t b h
>>
>>61988658
No I don't think I can. I changed the mount location in settings and applied, but the menu still showed /mnt/disc0_part1.
>>
Can i remove a dent from the back of a laptop monitor with one of those dent pullers or any other way without damaging the monitor itself or dissassembling it?
>>
Just got Wifi at my house and the guy set up the router I bought.
There are 2 signals: Netgear and Netgear-5G
Is there a difference?
>>
>>61988765
netgear is most likely 2.4ghz why 5g is 5ghz
>>
What are bare minimum drivers from this list that i need to connect my laptop to wifi? Not home atm so im going to have to DL the drivers on my phone, then ill get the rest when the laptop connects. Dell latitude e6420
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6420/drivers
>>
>>61988861
Forgot to mention its win 7
>>
are tablets dead? I want to get one because it's a lot more comfy than a laptop and I can travel with it easier. had a nexus 7 2013 but it's broken. is the iPad mini 4 recommended against because it's apple?
>>
>>61988271
Go to open wrt's website and check the routers that work with the latest build. Buy on of those on ebay and route your local traffic through the openvpn client.
>>
i'm using vga from my laptop to tv and it's blurry (but im gonna get a different, new, shorter cable to try fix that) but also the picture wont fill the whole tv screen
what can i do to make it fill the whole screen?

also, windows 7 wont show the date below the time in the taskbar
how do i make windows 7 show the date below the time in the taskbar?
thanks
>>
>>61980763
Do some movies (just normal 1080p mkv files) automatically scale to 21:9 monitors? I'm watching chef right now on my new 21:9 and I expected to see black bars but it actually looks great.
>>
What's the easiest way to set up a catch all mail address for receiving mail on my domain?
>>
I'm looking to buy a new modem router as I'm having some issues with connections.
Downstream keeps cutting out, but my uploads are fine. It needs to be one compatible with Australia's fiber to the node, and 5Ghz dual band wireless 802.11ac, and handle many connections.
I know it's most likely my ISP fucking me over, but I want to eliminate a cause.

What sorts of features should I be looking for?
I'd like to get something that can provide a stronger signal down the phone line, in attempt to mitigate a shitty connection.
My budget is around $200.

My current modem router is a Technicolor tg789vac v2
>>
>>61980763
I'm running kali on a pi 3. Where can I get monitor mode working for the onboard wifi? I remember there being a monstart command or special drivers for it in the past but I can't find anything on it now.
>>
>>61989296
>phone line,
Do you really mean rj-11?
>>
>>61989320
That's the jack, not the the service. I said phone line as it's a bit of a foreign concept to many, that you can get internet from other places than cable TV.
>>
>>61989296
There are guides on the whirlpool forums.
>>
Does the geographies section of Youtube analytics go by IP, or the country selected on the viewing account? I'm trying to test it with an incognito mode account that's set to France, but nothing is showing up when I try and check the overview or realtime analytics on the video.
>>
>>61983255
Overwatch is actually really well I optimized
>>
>>61983167
Go to settings in the blizard app abd set it to close fully after launch

It's known to randomly spike cpu usage
>>
>>61989344
Yes, but knowing you need dsl modem vs standard modems will help
>>
answer me
>>
>>61989417
No
>>
I used to stream content (usually related shows/films) for threads all the time back in the day, but it's been years since I last did it.

Back then, Livestream was the best fit because the audience was small enough and stream infrequent enough that I never had to worry about possible takedown. But obviously that's not really the ideal choice nowadays. What should I be looking at instead if I just want to broadcast from OBS?
>>
>>61989414
oh, silly me. Thanks.
>>61989346
Having a squizz, so far it's mainly what will work, not the tech behind them. But will continue looking.
I really just don't want to end up spending $200 some something with the guts of a $49 modem.
>>
>>61989476
Hitbox
>>
>>61989414
oh, and yes. it's rj-11, for clarification. I was a bit ambiguous before.
>>
>>61989505
Hitbox merged with Smashcast, right? Seems like mostly gaming-related content which I'm obviously not looking for, but if private streams are an option that probably won't be an issue.
>>
>>61989505
>>61989580
Oh, and no guest chat is a bit of a dealbreaker if that's a site-wide thing.
>>
>>61980763
I am looking for a customizable linux distro. I will be running i3wm with it, but I don't know what distro to get. I'm mostly considering solus, ubuntu and ubuntu mate, maybe mint, and manjaro. Any thoughts and opinions on which of these is best for looking pretty, being customizeable, and general use? Also does it matter at all what desktop environment I get, or does i3wm replace it completely?
>>
>>61989744
If you want customizable, but still simple to use and without compiling everything yourself, go with Arch Linux.

Not all DEs work well when you replace the WM they come with. In general you would just install i3 and then install all the software you really want manually without relying on what comes bundled with a DE.
>>
I wanna hook up my laptop + PC to the same set of headphones so I can watch tv while I do other shit.

Does this device exist? I know a wire splitter will work but they would drive the headphones and cause damage as they are made to split audio to two outs.
>>
how can you transfer files from an Android device to a Linux PC? also is there an easy way to transfer contacts without downloading an app?
>>
incoming stupid question

i combined two partitions and now i can't re-install a program because it's searching for now absorbed drive letter. how do i fix this?
>>
I have a program (tubedigger) that records streams on my desktop. The problem is i'm on my macbook most of the day and it's not compatible. Is there any way I can communicate with the program from my laptop without using a full blown remote desktop viewer or something? All I need to do is send a link from one computer to the other and have it enter it into the program search bar.
>>
Best chrome tab management extension?
>>
>>61980763
Is there a way to make a batch file auto install a GUI program? Im not sure what the command would be, or if this would be more of a powershell thing.

But Ive been trying to find out how to make a batch file install software, the software prompts the user with the normal install-setup window(and has them enter in some fields). Or is there just someway to automate it without getting any third party shit?

Is this possible with either batch or powershell?
>>
>>61990321
Find the registry entry and delete or fix it
>>
>>61990301
adb push/pull
:(
>>
>>61990301
bluetooth
>>
>>61990488
>>61990525
nvm I just transfered my pictures with KDE Connect is there a way to transfer contacts with it?
>>
>>61990321

fixed it. created a partition with that drive letter, reinstalled, uninstalled, removed partition again, and then reinstalled it to the partition i wanted.

basically i have a 250gb SSD that i split early on, but it was a dumb (novice) decision and i decided to recombine it. I'm just gonna buy a 500gb SSD for programs
>>
File: 1502459225567.jpg (31KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502459225567.jpg
31KB, 1024x1024px
>>61990135
right here senpai
>>
/g/
Why do I keep getting notifications on my phone from Firefox asking me to take these personality tests but when I click on them they lead me nowhere? The last one was something about marriage.

>>61990135
Just plug your TV's audio to your PC's aux in. DONE
>>
>>61990868
Completely passive.

>>61990135
>would drive the phones and cause damage
Just don't turn them up all the way.
>>
I overclocked my monitor, an Acer G245H, to 72Hz using these specifics https://hardforum.com/threads/samsung-2333t.1586247/#post-1036906464 for smooth motion in content that is 24fps. Is there any risks if I was just to leave it at 72Hz, or should I stay at 60Hz and just switch to 72Hz when I want to watch something?
>>
>>61980763
Is there anything similar to Ninite that lets me add my own list of programs to download and install?
Ninite doesn't have everything I need.
>>
>>61980763
What would you guys describe as essential basic software for general computer maintenence?
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 304x348px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 304x348px
Cat shredded my keyboard cable with a PS/2 cable and connector. Can I just solder a USB cable to the ends and use it as a USB keyboard?
>>
>>61991088
If your keyboard came with a PS/2 to USB passthrough adapter then I think it would probably maybe.
>>
>>61991363
>>
>>61989296
>>61989344
OK, I've whittled it down to a Netgear D7000.
Anyone got beef with that?
>>
>>61991492
dumb lazyposter
>>
>>61991517
/fglt/ almost never helps...

It shouldn't be that hard, I have access to the terminal, I just can't find any similar examples online.

anon please
>>
Is the Chromecast Ultra worth buying for GoyimFlix? Using a VM every time I want to get more than 720p 3000kbps is just too much effort.
>>
which programming languages should a guy with primary interest in cyber sec and a secondary intrest in operational systems, mainly gnu/linux? (not exactly OS programming, mostly 'exploring' them)

the ones I can think of are C, obviously because OSes, and maybe python for cybersec? also, is it even worth me to put in the time to read SICP, since I am not that interested in programming in a more CS'ish manner?x
>>
>>61991736
I dunno I don't have a laptop a ubuntu or a keyboard problem. but if you can't type in text mode then it ain't an X bug. You could check dmesg for errors. Check lspci/usb to see if keyboard is listed there and what module it is using.
>>
Is the best 4:3 monitor a Dell 2007FP?
>>
>>61991814
Oh and try logging into bash (on the grub menu edit the boot entry and edit or change init=/bin/bash into the line with kernel args like quiet on it) or try logging in as a different user. To take the init setup and user configs out of the picture respectively.
>>
File: 1491731187773.jpg (121KB, 860x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491731187773.jpg
121KB, 860x1200px
Correct me if I'm wrong:

If I send a message to a website server with HTTPS nobody can see the message because I encrypted it with the server public key, therefore only the server has the other key. Even if my ISP decides to sniff in the connection they can only see the website I'm accessing.
>>
>>61991806
>maybe python for cybersec
Yeah that seems to be the way to go with script kiddie frameworks. But you might want to learn some lower level stuff like decompiling and whatnot so you can reason about exploits better.
>>
>>61991799
Yeah they work fine so long as you have the speeds to back them up.
>>
>>61991864
correct
>>
>>61991874
lower than c? so, what? assembly?

sorry, keep in mind this is sqt
>>
>>61991864
That's right. The server name is sent as part of the SNI extension so you can have multiple SSL sites on the same server. Back in the day it wasn't and you had to have a seperate IP per web server.
>>
>>61991879
What speed? I've got 30/3. Could maybe upgrade to 100/10.
>>
File: 1498508929780.gif (94KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1498508929780.gif
94KB, 384x408px
What's a good way to tag images and files in linux, I currently have my hentai folder sorted like h-manga/CGs/Images/video > series/artist, so i want to tag my shit with "trap" or "vanilla" for example have have relevant content show up with a search "trap" or "vanilla".

must have support for multiple tags and folders, thanks.
>>
>>61991814
>>61991858
Thanks for helping man,
>>61992076
>>
>>61992078
>putting this much effort into your fapmaterial
lol why
>>
>>61992104
>not keeping your porn folders organized
i have over 400gb of the stuff anon, i don't want to get lost in my own folders
>>
>>61992078
* put the tags in the filename
* use the hydra
* upgrade your memory
* hire an assistant
* train a neural net to be your porn curating assistant
* get real good at meditating so you don't need to look at cute 2d grills you can just transport yourself to your own personal mindspace harem
>>
Who made the first 64 bit x86-64 Processor, AMD or Intel?
>>
>>61992260
amd
>>
>>61992289
So then It was the Athlon 64?
>>
>>61991864
This is only part correct. If you access https sites at work or school, they typically install different root certs on the machine. That way they can MITM any ssl connection.

You are only secure if yo do so on your own hardware, i.e. your phone.
>>
>>61991065
literally nothing. OSes don't really need human intervention for maintenance. Pretty much everything updates automatically, harddisks don't get fragmented, ram is properly swapped.
>>
>>61992238
or just use booru software
>>
Question:

When I would report a thread on any board on 4chan, the popup window would appear on the upper left side of my screen. Yesterday afternoon, it randomly started popping up on the top right. Is there a way to make it go back to appearing on the top left?
>>
>>61992307
Aye. Intel's 64 bit arch, Itanium, wasn't backwardly compatible, AMD's was. That was the last time AMD caught Intel with their pants down, though.
>>
Has linux made any progress with battery life?
Obviously it's not gonna go from like 3-4 hours to 7 or something, but if it's gonna cut down to like just an hour or two like it used to then I'm not gonna bother learning it.
>>
File: twitter.png (9KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
twitter.png
9KB, 300x244px
Please please tell me, how can I set up a Twitter account anonymously?

I've been shut out of mine, it wants me to give me a phone number so it can text me a code, but I'm not going to give it my real number.

I googled "receive SMS online" and there are sites for this, but none of the numbers are accepted by Twitter - they must have blocked them all.

What can I do?
>>
>>61992585
I have no issue with battery life in linux.
>>
>>61992590
You dont
>>
I'm trying to backup my Android to Linux with abd and it starts working for a little bit and starts going through apps on the screen that it's backing up (com.android.xx), but after a few minutes it just hangs at one app and stops working.
The backup file on my PC does appear but after it hangs the file size stops increasing and it just stays there. It's a different app every time it stops and the backup file is at a different file size so I don't know what could be causing it.
Also I should mention in the middle of the backup a popup comes up saying "The connected device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect the USB and try again." but it still works for a bit after that until it starts to hang at an app.
>>
>>61992389
fugg.
I've been doing it wrong all this time.
Lazy ass PC will have to start carrying its own weight from now on!
>>
>>61992613
That's not an answer
>>
>>61992590
"borrow" someone elses phone.
>>
>>61992659
It is the answer.
Its normie tech, you have to give up all your information to be part of the system.
>>
File: hdd.png (83KB, 985x625px) Image search: [Google]
hdd.png
83KB, 985x625px
ebay says the HDD i bought is already delivered but it hasnt arrvied yet. should i be worried?
>>
>>61980990
Fiz mbr
>>
>>61992590
>What can I do?
By a cheap burner phone with cash, use its number.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170819_224630.png (39KB, 308x276px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170819_224630.png
39KB, 308x276px
>>61992685
Just wait a day and if it still doesn't come then contact Ebay
Also why would you buy that shitty controller for 15EUR?

(fucking panasonic)
>>
>>61992602
Okay well I'm open to the idea of user incompetence, but when I used ubuntu back in 2014 it only lasted an hour or two like I said, but windows used it for 3-4.
Is ubuntu known to use a lot of power, or is there a recommended setting or distro I should use instead? It's just some college laptop, but I don't want to have to worry about it dying on me if I'm using it in the cafeteria or something.
>>
>>61992767
>shitty
i tried it in a store and i LOVED it.
its big, it fits your hand...
>>
>>61992662
>>61992672
>>61992720
Don't worry lads I just found a way

I just used a proxy server to create a new account (they've obviously flagged my real IP because I tried making new accounts normally, but it kept asking me to enter a phone number)

Because normally when you set up account, the phone number is *optional*. Doing it through a proxy has now worked, i just skipped the phone number.

So if you're ever wondering, that's how to do it.

It's annoying I can't get into my old account, but I can't be fucked to buy a SIM just for my trolling account. Might as well just use a new account.
>>
>>61992929
welp whatever floats your boat dude but you could get a used Xbox 360 controller for cheaper than that or a new one for like $10 more
>>
Does anyone know how to fix the trackpoint within linux? it keeps fucking with my touchpad, and when I move the trackpoint itself, it moves diagonally-up when i let go of it. I had to disable it entirely for me to control my laptop again. Any suggestions?
>>
>>61992988
i preffer symmetrical analog sticks than one higher than the other, and the shape of the xbox controller isnt really my thing
>>
>>61993007
Read the arch wiki entry for trackpad and synase
>>
>>61993021
what about the playstation controller? or a logitech controller?
>>
>>61992635
pls help
>>
/g/ if you're so smart, why can't you get a girlfriend?
>>
>>61993107
I truly don't know, Another fucking asshole on the internet.
>>
>>61993107
because intelligence can't make up for bad genes, and being a general loser
>>
>>61993107
Smart people know that if something flies, floats, or fucks you're better off renting.
>>
>>61993107
because I'm only attracted to traps
>>
>>61993037
>playstation
i have PS2 controllers, they are tiny for adult hands tho, not worth buying a USB converter.
>Logitech
i do have a dualschock-style logitech gamepad. its decent size but not as comfortable as the thrustmaster i tried
>>
>>61992635
I just use tar
>>
>>61993107
Because my social skills are in assburger levels and I never go to places where i could meet girls.
>>
>>61980763
Where's the best place to download paid android apps?
>>
>>61993286
wait I think it might've worked this time... My phone just went to the homescreen and the backup file is 2.1gb, is this normal?
>>
>>61993312
I've heard of an app called Yalp which is an APK mirror for Play Store apps but Idk if that includes paid apps or not. If it doesn't the best you could do is search for APKs on the internet but be cautious.
>>
>>61992971
You could try doing it from recovery too.
>>
File: 1497463461022.jpg (369KB, 880x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1497463461022.jpg
369KB, 880x1002px
Should I buy Dell Refurb laptops? They seem like a steal.
Is there anything wrong with buying refurbished instead of new?
>>
Using an Intel P8400. How terrible would the speeds be if I encrypted the whole drive?
>>
What was the first Processor to reach the 1ghz mark?
>>
Do I really need to use coffee filters for what appear to be grounds? Bought a new brand and it's not disolving as well in boiling water as others do which makes me think I'm meant to filter it somehow.
>>
>>61993464
The original AMD Athlon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlon
>>
>>61993464
Are you doing a paper on CPU history for school?
>>
what's the best torrent search engine right now
>>
>>61993498
I'm no coffee expert, but I don't think grounds are meant to dissolve unless they're the instantcoffee shit or you're using magma for water.
>>
>>61993598
for movies and TV shows, rarbg.to
>>
>>61993498
Yeah I made a coffee cake when I was a kid using grounds instead of instant. It was crunchy.
>>
>>61993602
They seem to have dissolved at bit and there's definitely liquid coffee in the cup but still a lot of residue at the bottom.
>>
>>61993615
obscure music is what i'm looking for. something that scrapes places i'm unlikely to find unless by reference.

i want masami akita's discography and was wondering if anyone compiled one already.
>>
>>61993630
well, what.cd is dead now, i really dont know any other.
you can always try searching "album - band zippyshare" on google.
>>
>>61993630
Check soulseek?
>>
>>61993424
so long as you buy from a reputable source you're fine, I'm the one always telling people to get a refurb whenever I see someone here asking about what laptop to get

>>61993630
rutracker
>>
>>61993349
Just checked Yalp seems to only do free apps unfortunately.
Yeah I have searched for APKs on google before but it's risky.
>>
>>61993794
Have you tried APKMirror or Aptoide? They might have paid apps.
>>
Any chance I could set up a removed ThinkPad keyboard as a desktop keyboard?
>>
Is a 128GB SSD enough for my anime and eroge?
>>
>>61980763
where to get cheap storage in EU?
>>
hi guys, last night I was messing around on the internet and decided I'd vps through facebook. I mistyped something and ended up on some .science website that threw out a blue screen, locked me out of the taskbar with the browser, probably using keyboard focus javascript, and there was a high pitched uhhhh grind over the sound board. I really really liked this sound but I wasn't able to pull anything off and I'll be damned if I'm going to install a defunct firefox again just to view source. Or inspect element. I noticed the frog posters and lonely shy guys took the fuck off as soon as they went off.

Do any of you guys know how to pull that sound from off the page that I accidentally clicked?

I don't want to get flagged for spam as I browse and lurk the forums all day and would hate to lose privilege but here's a link anyway. I think it's kind of important. I recall using these kinds of noise signals during my spinal healing course and really would like to sit to this some more. I felt great if only a bit surprised.

https://pastebin.com/dPhJAqeY
>>
Haven't looked at porn since they voted to allow ISPs to sell our browsing history to third parties earlier this year. I have a VPS onto which I would like to install a VPN service to look at porn in such a way that it won't be logged by my ISP. I don't trust third party VPN solutions. But herein lies the problem. My VPS provider very well could be monitoring traffic or the datacenter it's in. I don't trust anyone. My question is am I right to trust my VPS solution as a tunnel to the porn more than just connecting through my ISP? And am I correct in assuming that uBlock and uMatrix on a livebooted Ubuntu instance using Firefox connected to said VPN is enough to prevent successful tracking/identification? My ISP is Cox and VPS provider is Seedhost.eu.
>>
ok so I"m setting up a gnome-shell install, and choosing programs and shit, well I was looking at filemanager and found one I hadn't heard of before, called fman. it looks pretty sweet and has some good extensions. anywho has anyone here used it? is it any good, buggy? crashes? etc..?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (238KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
238KB, 1600x1200px
Does anyone know which of these is main and aux for the internal wifi connectors? I'm not sure what Ch0, Ch1, and Ch2 represent.
>>
I want to make linux from scratch on my laptop, can the host system for this be a live usb system?
>>
File: apartment wired.png (32KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
apartment wired.png
32KB, 300x135px
>tfw only 1 ethernet jack in entire apartment where internet is included
so retarded question, but if I just get a router and plug it into the jack, it uses the same internet right? or do I have to pay per month if i buy a wireless router? looked up a few wireless routers, but most mention having specific speed caps and coming with plans
>>
>>61994036
>speed caps and plans
where are you looking at routers with that?
>>
>>61993875
My fucking ears are ringing now. http://grip97.science/err.mp3
>>
>>61993912
Why would your vps care about what porn you were watching? Or that they would bother using DPI on all traffic going through their servers to look for browser traffic for people whos originating IPs they couldn't be sure of to sell that uselss data to someone who would care about what porn you are watching?
>>
Is Truecrypt the best / most normie option for a linux & windows compatible external drive encryption?
>>
>>61993855
just buy an actual thinkpad keyboard, they sell keyboards and mice, pretty decent
>>
>>61994074
Thank you!!!
>>
Does anyone still have their AMD Opteron from 2003?
>>
>>61993984
google Xb112 datasheet
>>
how can I properly read the man pages on gnu+linux and general syntax of functions of programming languages? there are always hundreds of parenthesis, brackets, vertical bars/pipes, angle brackets, colons, hyphens etc
>>
What is Hi10P?
What is h264?
Is one better over the other? Is one more difficult to render?
>>
>>61994148
So based on this, there's no particular order for the connectors?

https://wikidevi.com/files/Atheros/specsheets/AR9380.pdf
>>
>>61994070
Amazon
>>
>>61994279
link me the page so I can see what you're talking about cause something doesn't sound right here
>>
>>61994121
I'm broke but have an old X230 keyboard laying around, can I do it or not?
>>
>>61994296
probably not
>>
>>61994222
h264 is a video format
hi10p refers to "high profile, 10bit depth, progressive"
they are not mutually exclusive
>>
What happened to /tpg/? I needed that guide. I'm using a x220t but want one of the bigger models now.
>>
>>61995176
It's not consistently up, here's the guide:
http://ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide
>>
Any chance of retrieving my email password from the Honor 7 email app? I'm apparently retarded enough to forget it and cockmail doesn't do resets.
>>
Every time I boot Windows 10 on my computer, and then boot Windows 7 then Windows 7 wants to do checkdisk on the Windows 10 drive. Both are on separate drives.
How do I get it to stop that shit? Can I?
>>
File: 1474693720776.png (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474693720776.png
349KB, 1920x1080px
Very stupid question, but I got a new monitor today, The AOC I2279VWHE specifically. I just noticed something after using it for a few hours, and that problem is that around the center of the screen, there's this very faint, almost thin chain-link-fence tier marking across the entire center of the screen. Pic related is what it kind of looks like, but it's much thinner. If the entire image was my monitor the white parts would be fine but the middle part is where the thing show sup. It's not nearly this apparent, it's far more faint than this and only shows up on bright colors, but it's pretty noticeable. Is there something that I have to do to fix this or did I just get a shitty monitor?
>>
>>61995316
Thanks.
>>
File: 1471497219036.png (182KB, 578x691px) Image search: [Google]
1471497219036.png
182KB, 578x691px
Quick stupid question while i update my bois which are 3 years old, can I change my install to UEFI booting instead of legacy boot? or does that require a complete reinstall?
>>
I'm currently on W7, should i upgrade to W8.1?
>>
I was trying to watch youtube videos while taking a shit using my phone. Couldn't change resolution. Stock GS7, Firefox, on wifi. What's wrong?
>>
Is it possible to attach an external hard disk to android phones?
t. Redmi 4a
>>
I just got new laptop with Windows 10 on it but not activated. I intend to put Linux on the laptop. Is there anything stopping me from installing Windows on my desktop and using the activation key from the laptop?
>>
>>61992078
https://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
>>
Will looking at the eclipse without glasses really blind me for life?
>>
>>61996068
Y
With a OTG cable. Sometimes the kernels that ship with stock roms are really stripped down but I'm pretty sure that that would still work.
>>
>>61996225
No, but it'll really fuck you up because the inside of your eyes don't heal, at all.
The "problem" here really is that you're more likely to look at the sun longer than usual during an eclipse, because you won't notice immediately than your eye is being burned from the inside, like you usually notice if you glanced at it during a regular day. Kids stare at the sun all the time, then go fucking blind for a bit and learn not to do that. Then they get glasses because they thought they were cool on he playground for staring at it for the longest than anybody else.
It's like sticking your hand in a fire and pulling it out when it starts hurting sucks for your skin, but your hand is still functional. But if you didn't notice for some reason, just left your hand in there for longer than you should, that hand is now charcoal. But unlike your hand, the insides of your eyes don't heal. So any damage done is for life.
So don't fucking stare into the sun. Ever. For any reason. Just don't do it.
Science tells you there's an eclipse coming. It also tells you not to stare at the sun. Science isn't "sometimes" right, either you believe in science and their tests and evidence, of you believe autism is a new phenomenon that is caused by vaccines.
Always trust science. Situationally doubt scientists. Don't fucking stare into the fucking sun.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
What do the three parallel horizontal lines at the bottom right mean?:
http://archive.is/S5lQk
>>
need help but 4chan thinks my post is spam and I don't know why so dropped my question on pastebin instead https://pastebin.com/QMmR3gNc (embed)
>>
>>61996407
nevermind I fixed it
>>
So I was installing debian, and accidentally chose gnome instead of lxde, wanted lxde since the debian site says it's better for lower end computers and my laptop has a celeron cpu.
I'm kind of new at this, most I had was ubuntu, but how do I "fix" this without reinstalling the entire thing over again? How would I uninstall gnome and install lxde?
>>
>>61996385
Also, regarding that archive.is image that expresses a NOT gate, why isn't the output always 1 since there is an unending flow from Vcc to output? I guess if the semiconductor is in a conductive state then half the electricity would go to the output instead of all of it: assuming that the electricity that passes through the semiconductor only goes in one direction (away from Vcc and not back towards it).
>>
Hello, I have a note 4, the battery is starting to show it's age after almost two years. Is there a higher capacity battery the same size for the note or should I get a second one with the charging case from samsung?
>>
What speeds do you have your Ryzen 5 1600's fans set up for? Mine is loud, but I can't reduce it, cause it's already hot.
As I'm typing this with nothing else running, I've got 42 degrees with fan running at 900 rpm. It goes up to 70 when gaming and the sound gets irritating.
>>
>>61996431
run
sudo tasksel

select LKDE, deselect GNOME, then run
sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoremove

Actually looking at the man page it looks like you can just do
sudo tasksel install lxde-desktop && sudo tasksel remove gnome-desktop
But I don't want to screw with my system by running that to test it.
>>
>>61980763
>>61996472
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.