[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to use KDE what is THE distribution?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: plasma-5.10.png (775KB, 1920x1080px)
plasma-5.10.png
775KB, 1920x1080px
I want to use KDE

what is THE distribution?
>>
I'll give you a pass this time but next time lurk more. >>>/g/flt
SUSE
>>
File: o23i1c5huecz.jpg (56KB, 589x871px)
o23i1c5huecz.jpg
56KB, 589x871px
Chakra Linux? They specifically made this distro because of KDE. I think it's arch based.
>>
kde neon
>>
KDE Neon. They say it's not a distribution, but since they distribute ISO's, that meets my definition.
>>
Arch Linux. Seriously, I've had the best experience with KDE Plasma on there. Rolling release distros work best. KDE Neon is supposed to be ideal for it, but I've heard from users that it's actually terrible.
>>
>>61942135
it's not, you're full of shit
>>
>>61941809
opensuse
>>
>>61942251
>I've heard
There's no need to be so hostile.
>>
>>61942135
This is the correct answer.
>>
Anything that actually updates shit. SUSE is fine, Arch is fine, Ubuntu is not. They will hold back libraries and it will fuck you over, you will get an insane amount of crashes. KDE Neon is also acceptable. No idea about Fedora.
>>
Debian and fedora work fine and are not bloated like kde neon or kubuntu.
>>
KDE Plasma works pretty well on OpenSUSE. If you want to use firefox, make sure the distro you use will let you install the package that will force firefox to use the KDE file picker instead of the GTK one. As far as I know you can get it in OpenSUSE, Arch, and Netrunner (Debian based)
>>
Why are there so few themes for Plasma? It seems to basically just be Breeze and Arc and that's it, whereas Gnome has tons of themes.
>>
File: Spectacle.Ti9981.png (40KB, 584x475px) Image search: [Google]
Spectacle.Ti9981.png
40KB, 584x475px
>>61942706
Themes don't work the same way. Basically you get window decorations and color presets in KDE. But you can change the color components of either without diving into text files.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.