[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makefile doesn't support make uninstall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: ANGERY.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY.png
19KB, 300x309px
>Makefile doesn't support
make uninstall
>>
use packages if you can't handle the heat Habib
>>
File: docker.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
docker.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
containerized apps don't have this problem
>>
>>61822753
I want to use software right when the developer releases the latest version, like in Windows.
>>
File: IMG_3074.jpg (69KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3074.jpg
69KB, 500x426px
>>61822798
Use a bleeding edge distro or if you're going to be using source code:

>install gentoo
>>
>>61823834
I want to use software right when the developer releases the latest version, like in Windows.
>>
>>61822722
./configure
make
sudo checkinstall
>>
>>61823872
>>
>>61824105
>whatis
Jesus, what a useless piece of shit.
>>
>install Windows
>never have outdated software
>never need to compile anything from source
>everything just werks and performs better than in linux despite fake news that "linux is programmed better"
>much larger selection of software
>and I can play modern video games
>>
>>61824583
It prints the description line from the man page.
>>
>>61824703
[correction]:name line[/correction]
If multiple (numbers) are shown, there are multiple man pages.
man 1 foo
man 8 foo
>>
>>61824703
And what's the point when you can just use man and read the top name line?
>>
>>61824807
>Why do you need quick summaries instead of opening the entire textbook?
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>61824807
succinctness
>>
>>61824640
Also you can trade your freedom and a right for privacy for convinience.
>>
>>61824821
More like reading the cover of the textbook, retard.
>>61824833
Bloat. And utterly useless. The exact info exists at the top of the man page.
>>
>>61824640
>>install Windows
>>never have outdated software
Like how they updated to fix that NSA backdoor--wait, no they didn't.
>>never need to compile anything from source
And never have the power to fix software that runs on your computer, or make software of your own.
>>everything just werks and performs better than in linux despite fake news that "linux is programmed better"
Yeah, because when your OS uses 3 gigs of memory you KNOW it's good.
>>much larger selection of software
Is a meme, more of it is paywalled and outside of fuckin' cash register software and some really high-end audio editors you've got Linux ports or clones for all of them. Sometimes they work BETTER on Linux.
>>and I can play modern video games
"I can play cawadoody and you can't!"
>>
>>61824837
>freedom

actually I have the freedom to use both Linux and Windows dual-booted at the same time, unlike GNUcucks and licensecucks in general.

>privacy
if I wanted to do something illegal that I need to keep hidden from the NSA I would just do it on one of my other computers running Linux.
>>
>>61824898
I guess you missed the part about possible multiple man pages.
If you type man man you get the default man 1
whatis man
Just because your ignorance was exposed, you don't have to be a snotty little twerp. You could have just gracefully accepted the illuminating information with the grace it was presented.
>>
>>61824947
>NSA backdoor
that's a feature, not a bug.

>And never have the power to fix software that runs on your computer, or make software of your own
are you retarded? it's just as easy to compile from source or program your own software in Windows if you want to, you just don't NEED to because everything just werks.

>3 gigs
sounds like you downloaded a virus my dude. my Windows 10 installation uses around 600MB. I know most linux distros are a few hundred MB lighter (sacrificing lots of functionality to achieve that) but I'm not poor and I have 16GB of RAM so it's not an issue.

>paywalled
so is Windows, but that didn't stop me from pirating it :^)
>Sometimes they work BETTER on Linux
no they don't lmao

>"I can't play any PC game released in the last decade! I can't emulate PS2, Gamecube, or Wii games at a decent speed either because no DX11 or 12! b-b-but I don't care, I only like retro games anyway! haha, windows btfo!"
>>
>>61825107
>I pirate Windows
Ya just lost the moral high ground, chief.
>>
>>61825370
if you could look through my post history you would see that I never had any moral high ground, buddy.
>>
File: fag_buys_music.jpg (82KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
fag_buys_music.jpg
82KB, 599x600px
>>61825370

>Bitching about the morality of piracy
>On 4chan
>>>/out/
>>
Try deinstall instead friend
>>
>>61825803
What a surprise, Ruby responding to an obvious troll yet again. Do you have genuine diagnosed-by-a-professional autism?
>>
>>61822722
The Microsoft Windows 10 does not have this problem.
>>
>>61826325
You can compile programs from source on windows. But nobody does it because they probably also know how to install gnu/linux.
>>
Just use a prefix when building it so you know where everything is if you wanna uninstall. now fuck off
>>
>>61822722
find /usr/local > before
make install
find /usr/local > after
diff before after

Boom, instant uninstall script
>>
The point is that a certain makefile doesn't support uninstall, not that all of them are like that, noobs.

Any decent makefile can, indeed, do make uninstall.

I love this fucking board full of goddamn noobs and idiots.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.