[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative mobile OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SailfishOS_logo-1.jpg (1MB, 3560x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SailfishOS_logo-1.jpg
1MB, 3560x2000px
How is this? Is it botnet?
>>
>>61783243
you're from here aren't you?
>>>61781428
>>
>>61783289
Nope. But I want to unplug from google.
>>
>>61783301
don't we all
>>
>>61783243
The OS itself is fine, but it has no native apps and the Android compatibility layer is proprietary, and the community made one is shit. You hardware is botnet anyways. Buy a phone that supports Replicant (look it up nigger) and use that.
>>
>>61783243
I haven't tried it yet, but I would think that it's similar to how bb10 was with the ui.
>>
>>61783353
>replicant
That shit is dead sadly. Let known phone supported is note 2 afaik. You're sadly right that all hardware is a botnet now.
>>
>>61783243
This project is already dead, OP. They ran away with all those Kickstarter money.
>>
>>61783243
I like the approach and I want a fully fledged out gnu+linux on my phone. I think some people work on porting it to the oneplus 3, so I'll be waiting for that.
>>
Using the original jolla.
Some android applications work anything that requires locations doesn't.
There's actually quite many native applications but there's always some catch, for example native what's up application doesn't work becuase facebook blocks all sailfish phones.
The problem is that all mobile software that you really need is just for android/ios sadly.
>>
>>61783243
I talked to those guys years ago. The never intended to make something for "users". It was always for companies. They even sabotaged "users" trying to build their own stuff. Thus, they also have been keen on fulfilling the demands various potential customers (companies) had, which means privacy and security means something else entirely there. So, it's still botnet.
>>
>>61783301
>install lineage os without gapps
>profit
>>
>>61783243
Jolla went to shit after the tablet scam. If they were to open source the full source code it would actually pick up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.