[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that Moore's law is dead, how will it affect the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0002.jpg (51KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
51KB, 800x533px
So now that Moore's law is dead, how will it affect the economy? Doesn't a huge part of our economy depend on it?
I'm really worried about this

> Hurr Moore's law isn't dead
Yes it is. Educate yourself
>>
>>61580080
>Doesn't a huge part of our economy depend on it?
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

>>>/g/sqt
>>
File: image.jpg (470KB, 1327x1044px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
470KB, 1327x1044px
The economy already invented planned obsolescence, your hardware will slow down coincidentially at the same time when the next iteration of your hardware comes out.
>>
File: iphone.jpg (171KB, 960x684px) Image search: [Google]
iphone.jpg
171KB, 960x684px
>>61580356
This already happens to iPhone users.
>>
>>61580080
>Yes it is. Educate yourself
There never was a "Moore's Law".
Intel's Gordon Moore once made the observation that chip density doubled every 18 months. The tech media latched on to this and completely failed to understand its significance.
There is no Law. It's just the rate at which techniques in use in the '60s were developing. Extrapolating that to infinity is idiotic.
BTW: The observation is no longer valid for current manufacturing processes.
The one big thing that has limited processor development in the past 20 years is the failure to produce reliable, cheap CPUs with clock speeds greater than 4GHz.
>>
>>61580409
As opposed the the Android method where your phone languishes on the version of Android it was manufactured with. If you want the new stuff you must upgrade your hardware.
Of course, this is simple because Android is FREE.
>>
>>61581526
Except it doesn't. Custom ROMs friend.
>>
>>61581645
How many of the users though know what those are, know how to install them and have one available for their device that works fully?
>>
>>61581814
All my friends and family.
>>
>>61582184
Great sample size. The general population doesn't know about them nor care.
>>
>>61581526
That's the manufacturer's fault. My Asus is always on top of updates.
>>
>>61581509
The next advances will probably be in greater efficiency at the current clock speeds since lower power usage is very attractive for servers.
>>
>>61582330
>giving a shit about normies
>on /g/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.