[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 44

File: callisto horseback.jpg (27KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
callisto horseback.jpg
27KB, 320x400px
Stupid Questions Thread
>>
File: 1489299722411.jpg (214KB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
1489299722411.jpg
214KB, 1000x999px
Is it possible to add a keyboard to a laptop without it replacing/cloning the laptop's keyboard?

I am using Ableton and since I'm travelling right now and for several months, I can't carry around an USB MIDI controler.
My idea was that I could use that extra PC keyboard that I have and assign the stuff I want (like the piano's keys) to it.

Do you have any ideas how I can do that?
>>
Im on windows and im having a problem with having Bluetooth and wifi turned on at the same time, where if I turn on wifi any Bluetooth device will get disconnected and won't reconnect as long as wifi is on.

So to my real question:
What would happen if i uninstalled the drivers for both and rebooted my pc?
Will i still be able to use them?
>>
>>61570178
Can you disable Bluetooth in your BIOS/UEFI setup? Or how about just disabling in Device Manager?
>>
>>61570051
i open one of /gif/ threads and i want to watch all the webm with mpv. how do i parse all webm on page & redirect them to mpv? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>61570347
I can disable it but that won't really fix anything.
>>
Is wearing boxer shorts more beneficial than Y-front style pants? I want my balls to be at their optimal coolest.
>>
>>61570655
So you've tried that already? Disabling Wi-Fi (reread your post) in system setup disables the hardware from functioning. If that doesn't work then you have a hardware issue.
>>
If I split a Raid 0, will it format the drives? so that I can use them in 2 different PCs
>>
>>61570178
Sounds like you have a shit wireless card that can't handle both very well. There's a lot of competition between the two standards. It could be that there's not enough juice to go around or that the signal from the wifi is overwhelming the Bluetooth on the same frequency. I'd google around to see if there's a solution for your model or just buy a usb bluetooth adapter on the cheap.
>>
>>61570663
They say that tighty whites put more pressure on your balls where boxers have a better air circulation. A big factor to consider is material. You want it to be 100% cotton for optimum circulation. Now if you going boxers you really have to nail your size. Having them to big may result in scrot going into one of the holes and there is no were of fixing that in public other than manual handling.
>>
>>61570178
If you uninstall drivers they won't do shit until windows downloads new ones over ethernet or you manually install ones you've downloaded from the manufacturer website. If you got shit drivers from one source before, try the other.
>>
Do phone batteries degrade over time? I have a op3 and it seems to me that the battery has started draining faster than it used to , I'm using the dash charger with it, could it be a factor in a faster degradation of the battery?

I tried googling about it but no one seems to have a clear answer.
>>
>>61570724
thank you
also i feel really incomfortable on my pants when i get a strong erection, what are the best underpants to avoid walking like im stepping on eggs when that happens?
>>
the best windows program to organize bunch of pictures into folders?
>>
>>61570708
if by split you mean resetting the disks to non-RAID, yes.
>>
>>61570827
Defo standard briefs. Boxer have a tendency making your junk go left or right hole where briefs just keep it in the same 'room'
>>
>>61570858
yeah that's what I meant, thanks.
>>
>>61570724
>>61570827
>>61570901
Nobody talking about boxer briefs
>best of both
>>
>>61570923
Pretty much but most BB are made like short yoga pants so they usually contain elastin instead of cotton. +1 for comfort -1 for ventilation.
>>
>>61570969
If an underwear store set up a website with a character creation type menu system I would never buy from anyone else ever again. Then again 90% of their traffic would be people fucking around with the bikinis
>>
>>61571057
There is a market for custom made T-shirt so I don't see there wouldn't be 1 for custom underwear. if you think about this all the underarmore thermal tops and pants would losely go into this category as well. But black anagram underpants made with 100% Egyptian cotton sounds appealing.
>>
I'm trying to get an android app in android studio to turn an alarm to go off at 8:30 and then go off at intervals of 30 minutes after that until the application closes, but my code is not working.
>>
>>61570051
Why is Ryzen 3 SMT disabled?
>>
i want to improve my knowledge of C# and C++.
What sources would you recommend?i'm looking for something advanced, that explains how to take advantages of the features provided by the standard library / framework.
Also i'd like to be able to effectively organize the codebase of a multiplatform application.

What did you use to improve yourself?
Both books and websites are fine, i don't mind paying if it's worth it.
>>
I'm learning to programming and the programming language I chose to start was Java. I plan to learn Python, JavaScript, SQL and PHP
which of those would be the best programming language to learn after Java?
>>
>>61571510
Well super chief , we need more details than that. Whats not working?
>>
>>61571786
Js is simple enough. Now to make software of any value you need internet connection and some sort of database. So I would start learning SQL to make online databases. Using php you can facilitate requests from desktop to server so Desktop<->Server<->Database. Java-PHP-SQL. Php is more advance and there is no point of trying to learn how to make connections to something you don't understand. Also SQL is simple
>>
Why is this thread not on /bant/?
>>
>>61570051
How do I hack computers?
>>
>>61571805
the alarm is not triggering
>>
>>61571934
A machete works
>>
I'm a bit out of touch with the average person, will I get sexually harassed for bringing a desktop to a college dorm? Would just be running a single 21.5" monitor if it matters.
>>
My pc was having a boot loop problem some time. So i decided to unplug and replug the ram into another slot.
Since then mu pc has been working fine for last 2 months. I've started putting my pc to sleep instead of turning it off now and what i've noticed sometime is that it sound like its does one boot loop/fail then starts up fine. I just ignored it thinking maybe I just didn't notice it before.
Now this morning i woke my computer from sleep and it started a boot loop for like a minute or 2. I switched it off because I had to go to work.
Any idea what could be going on? I'll try replugging the ram again or reseting my motherboard but I think one of my components could be failing. My ram is my newest thing really. Like 1-2 years old so i dont think it's that.
>>
>>61570051
IS there a way to have multiple linux bootables in one usb pen-drive? i tried YUMI but it just doesn't work.
I want to put gparted, clonezilla and kaspersky on it.
>>
>>61571941
Could be that you are not calling the trigger properly , the code with alarm is never reached or you didn't declare the proper permission in the manifesto
>>
>>61572070
Visit your local kiosk and buy a DVD with everything u want.

Only retarded new-world Appleusers don't have optical media drives.
>>
>>61572033
People bring consoles and shit , but living in dorm is a easy way to get your shit stolen.
>>61572089
It is possible but requires some work http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-boot-multiple-linux-distros-from-one-usb
>>
>>61572149
Actually a lot of ultrabooks are opting out these days. Some don't even have ethernet ports.
>>
>>61571924
pantsu are technology
>>
>>61572149
I"m sorry to surprise you, but I don't have a DVD in my netbook. Plugging in dvd to my desktop's internals is a chore that I'd rather avoid too.
>>
File: pizzashere.gif (610KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
pizzashere.gif
610KB, 400x225px
When will we the first non physically present bank robbery/hostage situation?
Wouldn't have to be a fully automated android a team could remotely control all aspects of movement, think of puppet masters in King Kong stage show. Remote access including voice could be enough to fool a swat team for a while and in the case demands aren't met detonate the robot
>>
File: 1500972051705.jpg (155KB, 2048x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1500972051705.jpg
155KB, 2048x1122px
>>61572186
Sure, I wouldn't want one in my laptop as well, as a matter of fact I don't have one in mine as well. But I have USB drives and a workstation with one.

You literally cannot buy any new mac with a disc drive, so people think it's normal to live in a 100% magnetic digital world.

That's my main argument here.
>>
>>61572070
I don't know about that tool you mentioned but if they are all in seperate partitions or image files you should be able to point to them each in the syslinux config. also, you can just install multiple tools one one distro, or use chroots.
you weenie
>>
>>61572033
Get an apartment with white room mates.
>>
Why isn't my visualizer working?
mpd:
audio_output {
type "fifo"
name "my_fifo"
path "~/.config/mpd/mpd.fifo"
format "44100:16:2"
}

ncmpcpp:
visualizer_fifo_path = "~/.config/mpd/mpd.fifo"
visualizer_output_name = "my_fifo"
visualizer_sync_interval = "30"
visualizer_in_stereo = "yes"
visualizer_type = "spectrum" (spectrum/wave)
visualizer_look = "+|"
#visualizer_color = "white"
#visualizer_in_stereo = yes
#visualizer_sample_multiplier = 1

Touched the .fifo but it's not getting filled with data.
>>
>>61572239
> magnetic digital world
> flash
optical disks are a worthless waste of space
>>
>>61572239
>How do I put multiple things on a flashdrive?
>Buy a DVD! Only macfags don't have dvds
>Many people don't have DVDs
>My point is it's macs fault!
>>
File: 1500874703284.jpg (75KB, 498x510px) Image search: [Google]
1500874703284.jpg
75KB, 498x510px
>>61572308
Then store your discs outside of your cardbox if you're that poor.
>>
I am interested in becoming a Linux sysadmin. So far my expertise can be basically summed up as ``I know how to rice my desktop".

What is the best course of action, what are the best courses, certs, and books, how do I go from zero to hero?
>>
>>61572337
Bravo! You understand!
>>
does thunderbird support twitter?
>>
>>61572347
There's no reason to use disks anymore, unless you don't have enough bandwidth to download shit. Why use crappy, bigass, scratchable disks that make your device bigger or require a whole extra device to run when you can just get a keychain of flashdrives with a different distro for every day of the week, and update them whenever you want?
>>
File: M7JqWp1.jpg (70KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
M7JqWp1.jpg
70KB, 267x400px
>>61572273
nvm, fixed
>>
>>61572383
>normies
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1498041038590.png (363KB, 523x362px) Image search: [Google]
1498041038590.png
363KB, 523x362px
>>61572414
E.g. for not having to ask on 4chan how to multiboot external media.
>>
>>61572438
>he doesn't use twitter to follow the war in syria
missing out dude
>>
so I bought a dedicated server and unfortunately I realized I need to run an app on it that only has a QT client

this is retarded as fuck , why wouldn't they make CLI first and then add QT as a separate thing...

So now I need to install some lightweight desktop on this Ubuntu server... I can't do all with SSH since I realized the app I need to run needs a GUI

What is the best way of doing this? I am thinking

do I need to install a DE or can I just install "skeleton" X server + QT ?

what would be the best way , most secure, and how to get into it, through ssh -X or VNC?
>>
got tv aand main monitor hooked up on gpu. MAin monitor on hdmi and tv on display port w/ a hdmi to display port dongle.

problem is i'm posting on the tv. how can I post to main monitor? this happens whether tv is on and off
>>
>>61572458
I just realized the expression "is not better than" does not have a symbol. Seems like a wasted opportunity there.

Anyway booting multiple things off a single disk would be useful and cool whether it's a DVD or a flashdrive. At this point flash memory is so cheap and compact that pretty much any argument you could make for optical disks is dead.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170726-153043.png (87KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170726-153043.png
87KB, 720x1280px
Can I take the desktop outside to dust it?
Does it have to be no wind and sunny day to do it? We might have some very light shower.
>>
>>61572752
Well you don't want water in it. Should probably keep squirrels out too.
>>
Good lightweight code editors for Debian?
>>
>>61571885
thx for replying

that's what I had in mind. do you think it is a good idea to learn PL/SQL after SQL?
>>
>>61572522
If you want the app to run also when you are not logged in dumb just use x forwarding over ssh use xpra or x2go or something. If you think "skeleton" X or not being able to install a DE over ssh is a thing then you are mental, sorry. You can use a container or chroot if you are worried about having all that sit in your main system.
>>
>>61572762
ed, vim, emacs, nano, eclipse.
>>
>>61572954
yes I need the app to run when I'm not logged in...
so you recommend x2go ?
what do I need to install in this setup?

- xserver
- x2g0
- qt

no DE needed?

I know I'm stupid, that's why I'm posting in this thread...
>>
>>61573015
That sounds right. I actually use xpra but someone recommended x2go earlier.
>>
>>61572752
Even light showers can be bad if actual raindrops or accumulated humidity contacts the pcb. If there is no rain at all you can dust it just don't plug it back right after you brought it inside, wait 2-3 hrs, let it adjust back to the humidity inside.
>>
>>61572977
Anything that has a console built in?
Basically notepad++ for Linux.
>>
>>61573216
emacs has everything built in, even a jet plane.
>>
>>61570051
how do you sign up on this website
>>
>>61573289
Use code
>>>Signup-/desiredusername/

>>>Creditcard #
>>>Valid XX / XX
>>>CVV #

In this format it will automatically generate you a 4chan pass, the other things to do to finish the registration will pop up in a window.
>>
File: 3bz3o1_540.jpg (80KB, 499x810px) Image search: [Google]
3bz3o1_540.jpg
80KB, 499x810px
How would I go about connecting both speakers and headphones if I have only 1 connection for it?
Is that even possible without buying an external DAC?
Like maybe some sort of split aux cable with a switch.
>>
>>61572038
Add on. My screen display has also shifted down abit. This only happens in full screen. For some reason I think my igpu is failing
>>
>>61573338
This only work if your jack has the proper pin arrangement, if its just a simple headphone out it wont work. If it has 4+ connectors you can buy a simple adapter, just look up the layout.
>>
>>61572563
Just use is not greater than...
>>
>>61570754
Thanks for the advice

>>61570718
It used to work without issues until [spoiler]windows unleashed it's update on my pc[/spoiler]
>>
>>61572760
>>61573175
It says in a few hours it will get better. Will try then.
>>
>>61573388
no it's just a 3.5 jack
>>
Using madVR and MPC-HC in exclusive fullscreen mode, I get a few dropped frames at the beginning of every video (usually between 6 and 10). How can I fix this?
>>
>>61570051
oh boy here is a doozey

I downloaded a torrent for Romance of the three kingdoms xiii because fuck paying 90 for a game that might only be okay.

I mounted the iso file and but when i try to start up the game all i get is a splash screen.
the file was 6.6 gig which seems right for that game.

no idea what im doing wrong.

help me for the love of Lu Bu
>>
>>61573680
update

there is a steam_api.ini and steam_api.dll file on the disc

i have no idea if that makes a difference
>>
>>61573680
Make sure to disable your antivirus and run the cracks
>>
>>61573745
what do the crack files look like?

sorry its been like 7 or more years since i have done this
>>
Hows the Braun 9290CC ?
super expensive but i want it!
>>
Picked up a "broken" Blue Yeti. Only works when you force the USB cable forwards while it's plugged in. Is there an easy way to bodge a Mini-B USB connector or should I look into soldering?
>>
File: 20160106_183733.0.gif (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160106_183733.0.gif
3MB, 640x480px
what should I buy a mini pc hdmi drive or something like pic related for streaming stuff comfortably on my tv.
Those Windows PC sticks are heavily outdated and underpowered but so is the remix mini 2.
What do you recommend?
>>
If I am running my program on several computers that are in different networks, and all of those networks are connected to the Internet, is it possible for the running instances of the program to ‘discover’ each other, without knowing in advance the IP addresses of the networks on which they are on? I would like to make the instances start talking to each other. Do I need to set up a meeting place where they can discover each other by fetching the others’ IP addresses from a list (and adding their own IP address to that list)?
>>
>>61573933
on which they are?*
>>
Where can I find broken electronics? I wanna have things to repair for fun.

I'm thinking of starting with easy stuff like headphones. But I can't find broken headphones anywhere. Which is odd. All my old headphones (none are audiophile stuff) have broken cords. But I can't find a trace of anyone selling broken headphones.
>>
>>61573933
>Do I need to set up a meeting place
Yes. Any other solution would not be realistic unless you're working in a very limited networking environment (non-internet, no NAT, no firewalls).
Setting up a server that lets you establish connections between the hosts through is much simpler than any other solution.
>>
Is it true that I have 30 days after purchasing on amazon to get a price adjustment in the event that the item drops back down in price?
>>
>>61573997
Any idea how I could do this without running a server myself? Could I use various pastebins to distribute the information? I could use encryption/signing to check whether the information is correct, so that is not a problem. I would have the program periodically scan through the list of recent pastes to various pastebins, I guess. Any paid or free services (VPSs etc.) are not viable, because: I want to remain anonymous, I don’t want to pay, and relying on some server is risky because it could be taken down.
>>
>>61573920
remix os is discontinued. https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20170724#news
>>
>>61574109
well shit; can andriod tv boxes be used to browse some streaming sites without stuttering ?
>>
>>61574106
>Any idea how I could do this without running a server myself?
You could use AWS from amazon. They're quite generous with their free tier and I can't imagine you ever bumping into their limits.
I'm sure there's other options too but AWS (for your limited use) is free. And it sounds like that's appealing to you if you're considering pastebin.
>>
File: 1500783613314.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1500783613314.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
What is a good battery replacement for a samsung galaxy s7? mine is swollen and I would like some recommendations from /g/.
>>
>>61574106
>>61574147
>I want to remain anonymous
AWS doesn't quite work then. Pastebin would work. Using free email services would work.
I'd probably go with email.
>>
Are there any good bottom taskbars for Gnome?
>>
>>61574169
>Using free email services would work.
Using one/a bunch of email accounts that all the instances log in to? Those accounts could be deleted. To me it seems like pastebin-like sites/services are the best option. Worst case is those services start looking for pastes that match whatever the program looks for, but I doubt they’d care enough and if they do then there isn’t much to do. It’s the least fragile option IMO, because other services could do the same but they could also do other things (like deleting the account or server or whatever I’m using the service for).
>>
>>61574169
>>61574234
Basically, let’s say I want to create a decentralised program that the authorities might not be so fond of. I want to minimise the risk of having its communication method shut down.
>>
>>61574253
>>61574234
>authorities might not be so fond of.
We have rules on this board.
Pastebin or equivalent might be OK but it's a one way communication. If that's fine then sure.
>>
>>61574293
>We have rules on this board.
Was just a joke man.
>it's a one way communication
Not sure what you mean – each instance of the program could create a paste that other instances could discover.
>>
>>61574340
>each instance of the program could create a paste that other instances could discover.
Suppose you could be scanning the public pastes all the time. But it's trivial to MITM attack that.
>>
>>61574364
>Suppose you could be scanning the public pastes all the time.
Yeah, pretty much. Hopefully there is some list of ‘recent’ pastes so I don’t have to do it too often (for whatever pastebins I choose).
>But it's trivial to MITM attack that.
Not if I sign it with a private key and the program verifies that, right?
The idea is that the instances of the program do not trust each other or anyone else but they trust me and they have the public key, and I need to be able to distribute updates to them. Maybe whenever the program picks up an update (that it hasn’t seen, and which is newer than its own version etc.), it will repost it to the pastebin a bit later or something. Anyway, there would be some sort of reposting mechanism that propagates the updates quite automatically as soon as they get out. There would be a version number, and every update would be signed.
>>
Whats the best router I can get with 5ghz wifi for $100? I have a mikrotik router and the fucking thing is fucking up.
>>
>>61573769
They are usually in separate folder CRACK gamename.EXE
>>
File: 20170726_182308.jpg (525KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_182308.jpg
525KB, 1512x2016px
>>61573883
Progress update, it now works forced forwards or backwards. Still not entirely sure what the problem is.

http://www.microcasts.tv/blog/2014/02/06/salvaging-a-00-usb-microphone/

Found that, which is tempting. Got a second cable coming to see if that'll fix it first though.
>>
File: not in here.png (15KB, 965x252px) Image search: [Google]
not in here.png
15KB, 965x252px
Where is vcvarsall in Visual Studio 2017?
>>
My PC frooze and had to hard restart it.
In the Event Viewer there is an Event ID 10 Error with source WMI.
>Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Any ideas what this is and what should I do?
>>
How much of a difference am I going to notice between 8 gigs of DDR3 vs DDR4 on a laptop I'm going to be using purely for school (getting my CS degree)? I'll be using it for at least 4 years.
>>
File: Auswahl_005.png (23KB, 444x467px) Image search: [Google]
Auswahl_005.png
23KB, 444x467px
What do I have to do to install mermaid on Ubuntu? First time trying Ubuntu.
https://github.com/knsv/mermaid

(image related)
>>
>>61575221
None whatsoever, and I'd have a backup major ready if I were you because you are clearly not cut from the right cloth for CS.
>>
Spilled water on the plugs that our computers share at work, didn't fess up until it was apparent an hour later, now two of them don't work. Is it possible to fix this? Completely fucked up.
>>
>>61575407
>He can see from one question I'm not cut out for cs
Fuck off nig
>>
>>61575180
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-error-0x80041003-events-cannot-be/fc8f5ff7-4517-4d83-a418-6bfba59751fe
Tried this?
>>
>>61575538
Yes, though all did was deleting a bunch of other ID 10 errors from the logs, not the same one as the one that made the freeze happen. Not that deleting logs would fix anything.
>>
Would this damage a cable?
https://youtu.be/iFOuUubvS_U?t=87
1:17 mark

>TLDW: He wraps a cable around a pencil and then blasts it with a hair-dryer on high, creating a coiled cable.
>>
>>61575489
It's a highly competetive field, and not starting in high school at the latest is a huge disadvantage. Lacking basic knowledge is an indicator of inexperience. Just start off with classes that can be applied as electives for another major so you don't box yourself in. Get yourself an internship as a Java monkey or whatever over summer and whe- if that shows you I was right, jump fucking ship.
>>
How do I remap seek keys on mpv?
>>
File: 20170521_204011.png (1MB, 719x1118px) Image search: [Google]
20170521_204011.png
1MB, 719x1118px
>>61570051
I'm at my wits end. I cannot get fucking counterflix ads out of my computer and I'm about ready to reformat it and or kill myself. Does anyone have ANY idea how to get rid of this shit?
>>
>>61575688
How do you think coiled cables are made anon? They get wrapped around something and then heated.
>>61575697
>Highly competitive field
Where do you live anon? Companies here are fucking begging for that shit here. Met a guy in his third year who already had a great paying job. He was thinking of dropping school to start full-time.
>>
>>61575717
input.con
>>
Gonna get a new PC soon. Should I get a mac? I've heard they are superior and premium products.
>>
Is windows 7 good for a gaming PC? Whenever I try to update w7, an error pops up saying that my processor is not supported by it, so no updates will be applied. Is there any advantage by using another windows? or can I stick to w7? Also, are updates really necessary for playing games? I tried to play some games, but I receive errors about missing dlls. Is there some things I MUST install?
>>
>>61575728
>reformat it and or kill myself
Sounds about right.
>>
>>61575823
superior cost, premium faggotry
>>
>>61575728
If the shit's new you could try rolling back to a system restore point. Next up is booting safemode and running malwarebytes. Then booting an AV like fsecure. Honestly though if it's in that deep you probably should clean install and then just beef up your defenses next time around.
>>
>>61575823
Their value is not equal to their price. They are the way to go though if you know jack shit about computers and want something that "just werks"
>>
>>>61564536
>>
>>61575856
Missing dlls can mean a few things. You're probably missing the platform update. There's a hack for getting updates to work on newer processors. Beyond that the only games w7 can't play is ones that require windows store/dx12, which is mostly xbone crossovers.
>>
If I know the number for a Unicode symbol, how do I enter it on Windows 7?
>>
>>61575943
"Downloading the system". Meaning?
>>
Is it possible to view the screen on my phone through a computer without using the internet? Such as plugging the phone via USB and accessing the os and everything that way?
>>
File: bestbuy.png (113KB, 1150x683px) Image search: [Google]
bestbuy.png
113KB, 1150x683px
>>61570051
ist there a similar offer in EU?
I WANT CHEAP STORAGE REEEE
>>
>>61575885
Its probably been a few months. Ive been putting off the malwarebytes scan in safe mode since yesterday but I'll do that now.
>>
I use a Surface Pro 3 with 1.50 ghz 4GB RAM. Am I fucked for video editing? I tried "lightworks" software but the video playback is very glitchy.

I only need something to string clips together and lay some audio over, no real "editing" except splitting/trimming some of the clips.
>>
Is there any significant difference in performance between a 2.5" 7200rpm hard drive and a 3.5" 7200rpm hard drive?
>>
>>61575377
When you are in the directory of your NPM project, execute this program as root:
#!/usr/bin/env sh

set -eu

apt-get update
apt-get install -y curl
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | bash -
apt-get install -y nodejs
npm install -g yarn
yarn add mermaid

If you don’t know how to execute it, basically:
1. Create a file with that in it.
2. Execute the following in a shell (open your terminal emulator) after changing to the directory where you saved the file – we assume here that the file is called ‘program’ –; note that this should be the same as your NPM project directory:
chmod +x program && sudo ./program

3. (Optionally) delete the program since you don’t need it anymore.
This of course assumes that you have an NPM project, because otherwise mermaid will be quite useless to you.
>>
>>61575947
Thanks. But are updates really necessary? Will my security be really compromised if I don't install them?
>>
what surface is ok for my graphics card to lay on running it outside of my case

>>61575948
on mine you hold alt and press the four digits, but you have to use the num pad ╘╫╪
>>
>>61576208
Yeah dude. You really don't want to go without updates. You want your browser and OS up to date as much as possible. AVs are a distant third in terms of security importance.
>>
Did the cryptocurrency market crash yet?
>>
So, I want to do a fresh Windows install on my T430 with UEFI only but when I try to chose my USB from the Boot device list(F12) nothing happens, the boot list screen just refreshes, even if I chose ssd. Any ideas?
>>
>>61576498
Actually in the last month or so bitcoin has increased 4x in value.
>>
>>61576519
What did you use to flash it?
>>
>>61576528
>$2,400 USD
It actually decreased $500.
>>
>>61576519
Use Rufus to make the USB bootable and select UEFI.
>>
>>61576295
Doesn't work on mine. Did you have to change something to do that? I can use Alt+Numpad to enter things like µ, but not with the Unicode number.
>>
>>61576566
That's what I did
>>
>>61576593
Which ISO are you using?
>>
File: 800px-Elise_Espurr.png (450KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Elise_Espurr.png
450KB, 800x450px
I'm using Windows, is Visual Studio pretty much the standard IDE for C and C++?
>>
>>61576519
FWIW, on my T420 I couldn't figure out how to make it work with USB, but worked no problem installing from disk. Can always try that as a last resort.
>>
File: IMG_3384.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3384.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Can anyone figure out wtf these lights mean?
The board is an Intel s1200btl
I updated the bios and it seemed to work fine after the update, but now I get nothing.
It doesn't beep or anything, just shows these lights
>>
>>61576646
>Intel s1200btl
Why you updated BIOS?
>>
>>61576596
W10 pro, build 15063.413(june). I know its a problem with the t430, I've use this on my other laptop and desktop, and I did it a few weeks ago in the t430 too... Now it doesn't work and I can't figure out why, tried default settings with just uefi only, secure boot on/off but nothing seems to work
>>
>>61576703
Turn TMP and secureboot OFF.
Use boot manager to boot into the USB.
>>
File: IMG_4961.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4961.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>61576671
I want to use an E3-1265L v2 for my nas/server, but the bios that came with it doesn't support it.
But Intel says it's compatible with the board so I updated the bios since it hadn't been updated since 2011
I actually got different lights with the e3
sorry for the dogshit picture phone was retarded and wouldnt focus.
>>
visual studio yes or no? and wtf is this license they want from me?
>>
>>61576519
I had to go into uefi, set a master password, and turn off drive lock, disable secure boot, and then fool around with boot order to get legacy drives first in line
>>
>>61576738
Read the mobo manual that has these lights documented and what their purpose is
>>
File: 1500600493895.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500600493895.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
what's the name of this "trick" in pic related where you open windows and they share the space with other windows already opened?
>>
>>61576788
It's not in the manual, that's why I'm asking
The manual mentions the lights, but it never actually explains them outside of the very top one that flashes green/orange
>>
File: 51MtCyB0HyL._SL1200_.jpg (46KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
51MtCyB0HyL._SL1200_.jpg
46KB, 1200x750px
looking for smaller mouce

got deathadder 3.5 from aliexpress, and though its fine, its rather big for my taste

I have cooler master xornet and its small, but has resting place on the right side.

I would like something at dimmension of xornet, with the shape of deathadder

I tried zowie fk2, not really fit

any recommendations?
>>
>>61576797
tiling
>>
>>61576802
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/multimedia/server-products/server-boards/7059/
>>
>>61576830
doesn't support my board
my board originally came out for the v1, and supports v2s, but that page at minimum shows v3s
>>
>>61576646
it's displaying "01000100", or "68" in decimal, if that helps
check it's manual
>>
can i make visual studio to compile this shit into whatever is appropriate?

For example shouldn't it automatically change OutputDebugString - > OutputDebugStringA depending on whether or not im using Unicode or whatever
>>
>>61576822
thx!
>>
>>61576857
Wow they removed it.
http://www.datasheetlib.com/datasheet/672942/s1200btlr_intel-corporation.html?page=147#datasheet
>>
will crossfired graphics cards passthrough for VM when using a ryzen CPU?
>>
explain this shit

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff729176(v=vs.85).aspx
>>
If I have an instagram picture's direct url would it be possible to reverse engineer the post url?
Basically groing from this:
https://scontent-dft4-3.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/20398361_108090196523497_4125022050051948544_n.jpg

to this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW_Zndrjzpr
>>
>>61577019
Most likely in the instagram api
>>
File: 1501097960.png (48KB, 793x628px) Image search: [Google]
1501097960.png
48KB, 793x628px
>>61577019
check imagus and its sieve
assumung you know regular expression
>>
I'm getting a really really long emerge error when I try to update because I haven't updated in so long that I have to pretty much reinstall everything. How the hell do I log it? Doing emerge -auDN | less doesn't actually let me scroll through it past the "checking dependencies" part, and outputting it to a file via >> emerge.log does the same thing.
>>
>>61577052
Sort of. Assuming I'm authenticated to use the api (I'm not) I could make a call to /media/{media-id} but all I have is the direct url. Unless there is a way to get the media-id (1567083858439912043) from the direct url.
>>61577058
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like it's doing the opposite.
>>
>>61570051
I'm looking to use websites that collect sales tax. I Know bh is pretty good. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>61577213
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portage_log
>>
javascript and typescript: is it safe and non-retarded to check for undefined by doing
if (value === void 0)
or should I be doing it some other way?
>>
File: 1498506451807.png (47KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498506451807.png
47KB, 200x300px
Is it possible to get audio with vnc client?
>>
File: 1043407_0__8662282.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1043407_0__8662282.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Heyo,
I want to buy some extension Cable for my 4+4 ATX12V PSU Connector. But it says it would be a EPS12V Connector.
Will it still work?
>>
I need to factory reset my tablet, so of course before doing that I want to back up all my data. I'm trying to move the images I've saved on there by cutting/pasting them to my computer (running Windows 7). However, it's just hanging when I go to transfer the files. If I cancel it, the transfer window just says "Processing" and I have to restart explorer.exe in order to try again. Why could this be happening? I have MTP enabled and I've used this method before without any issues.
>>
>>61577937
In the default Clients, i wouldnt think so. Maybe you can try NoMachine, at least for local machines. at least this would supprot audio
>>
Why my thread got deleted? This is absurd! It was nothing against the rules, I checked it twice.
>>
>>61577958
There are maybe some "Android" specific files or kinda files like special links or something on your Phone, which the windows explorer cant handle. maybe try using a different explorer like file commander. Even winrar should work
>>
>fuckhead knocks over pc tower
>heatsink fan falls out of place
>ruin pushpins putting it back

do i need a new fucking fan? can i still fucking use my pc as is if lie it down flat on its side?
>>
File: IMG_1229.gif (19KB, 186x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1229.gif
19KB, 186x216px
Let's say my TV's color setting is set to 50. I'm assuming color is saturation. When my TV's color setting is set to 100, everything is very vibrant and vivid and the colors look different. If my TV is at 50, is it possible to view the same vivid colors that I saw at 100, if the objects on the screen are the same color of those 100 esque vibrance? What I'm trying to ask is if my TV is set to 50, is it possible to have vibrant colors that would be usually found on a TV with 100 saturation?
>>
>>61578000
That might have been it because I unticked any non-image files on there and they're transferring just fine now. Thank you.
>>
>>61578113
Please re-read your post.Then re-read it again
Thats not how saturation works LOL
>>
>bought poweramp from the website
>got activation code
>have to input my mail account synced with the device and the mail address used to buy it
>Its a hotmail address
>"failed to validate purchase", "no such google or email account registered on device
>read the poweramp forums and it seems tech support is fucking non-existant
fucking how are you supposed to do this.
>>
File: 1487339428028.jpg (14KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
1487339428028.jpg
14KB, 443x332px
I want to stream YT videos to either MPC-HC or MPV, what's the best option for that?
>>
>>61576042
It fucking worked.
>>
>>61578162
What? I don't see anything wrong with my post. Explain.
>>
File: 1465243930488.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465243930488.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>61576909
PLS RESPOND
>>
>>61578113
Yes it's possible. The other anon was just chastising you for not being as enlightened in the subject of saturation as him.
>>
File: annaspeckhart.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
annaspeckhart.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I built my first PC back in March, and I've had no problems whatsoever except for BSODs which started a few weeks after I built it. I always get the same error ("BAD_POOL_CALLER"), which is a drivers related issue. At the time I had not installed/plugged in any new devices.
The BSODs were quite rare up until a week ago when I started getting a lot of them (a few a day). Also, my mouse (a Dell mouse from 2007) has started to digitally un-plug and re-plug itself. It started with once every few hours, but now it sometimes happens 20 times per minute and will often stay disconnected for up to 15 seconds (however, usually it only lasts a fraction of a second is often only noticeable because of the sound effect. Also, it often doesn't disconnect at all for like 45 minutes).

What's the best way to troubleshoot my driver issues, and could it be that my old mouse is the culprit? Regarding the digital unplugging, how do I know if my mouse is the device with the problem and not something else (I've already tried multiple USB slots)?
>>
>>61578507
Per cable or connected through the Mobo?
With Cable Connection, it may work, with only connected through Mobo, it could cause problems ...
5 sec on google ...

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=de&q=Crossfire%20Passthrouh%20VM
>>
>>61577945
Heyo, does somebody knows help?
>>
File: 1469493916178.jpg (103KB, 693x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469493916178.jpg
103KB, 693x800px
Considering getting a pcie SATA expansion card, I mostly see pcie 2.0 ones,

I am planning to connect regular HDDs not SSDs, and either run raid 1 in pairs, or RAID 5 for 4 to 8 disks.

My concern is, I see options for pcie cards that have 2, 4 and 8 SATA 3 ports; how many is too many and will saturate the PCI-E 2.0 1x connection?

The RAID only makes the calculation more confusing to me, I assume RAID 1 for 2 drives means double, so if a HDD pulls 100MBPS, a RAID1 setup with 2 drives means that PCI-E 1x will have 200MBps of its throughput taken up?
>>
>>61578542
You're sure it's possible? How does it work?
>>
which directory do I put libwidevinecdm.so when adding widevine to ungoogled chromium. On Ubuntu.
>>
>>61578608
Yes, with RAID you read and write all disks simultaneously so 4 disks means 4 times the data.

But that's just the maximum throughput (ie: with single large files)
Most of the time you will get nowhere near that because you'll be reading/writing many small files scattered all over your disks.
So I really wouldn't worry about the PCIe speeds, if it were important you'd be using SSD's.
>>
>>61578645
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorfulness
>>
>>61578590
For the BSOD google the code that it shows you. Use Bluescreen View to help you with that.
For the mouse delete any other mouse drivers you could have. Make sure the driver you need is update. Or you can even try with an older version.
Chances are you could have one driver not even related with the mouse cause it or the whole system to crash. For example I once had a problem between my audio and lan drivers.
Update and research the logs.
>>
>>61578113
I think you're asking if the color space is the same at "color 50" as it is at color 100.

And my guess is yes because real life already has more colors than your TV can reproduce so why would they cut them down at the default settings?

Btw: the extra vibrant settings are there so TV salesmen can "Wow" customers in the shop, don't actually use them in your living room.
>>
>>61578770
Thanks!
>>
>>61578593
either? I thought crossfire was mobo only.
I havent bought the graphics cards yet. im just planning a system build.
>>
>>61578863
the other part of it is that ryzen has no integrated graphics. do any of you know of a mobo with 3 pci-e slots, am4 socket, AND IOMMU support?
>>
>>61578863
>>61578950
also http://nils.schimmelmann.us/post/154884462507/gaming-with-xdma-crossfire-passthrough-on-ubuntu is using an intel cpu (VT-d)
I havent found a hard example of anyone using ryzen AND crossfire.
>>
Just now there was a smell coming from computer, around PSU before I immediately shut it down, is there any way that I can use to see if it's burned or not?
>>
File: file.png (716KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
716KB, 1500x1500px
tldr I'm looking for a specific HDD size (450 GB), and the only HDDs are SAS connectors, and not SATA. From my reading, you can't connect an SAS HDD to a SATA motherboard, but there are physical adapters that let you do so, like pic related. So if I use this adapter, will the SAS hard drive work on my computer?
>>
question to people using Clover on Windows

does it want to be updated almost everyday on your side too?
it's weird and in chinese so I just click next and restart it, but I'm considering blocking it in the firewall because it can get annoying
>>
(>>61579306)
also, their website (eije.me) fucking disappeared
>>
How long on average does it take your average brainlet to learn how to program competently? I've just now started out and it's already a headache.
>>
>>61579317
oh nvm, they moved to http://en.ejie.me/
>>
>>61579291
Why not get a different sized one thats sata?
>>
>>61579338
So an adapter won't let a SAS drive work on a SATA board, right?
>>
and
>>
File: 1475784648133.gif (240KB, 306x316px) Image search: [Google]
1475784648133.gif
240KB, 306x316px
>>61578181
Fucking respond
>>
>>61579436
Play ______ games, win ______ prizes.
>>
redpill me on bitsquare
>>
>>61578654
Pls respond
>>
>>61579497
>buy worth software
>don't get worth prizes
>>>/phonograph/
>>
>>61579627
Take a gander at your root folder structure.
What is it you have? Oh you have a library?
Lets take a look at the folder structure
Hmmm, i wonder where it goes
>>
Is a bowl cut socially acceptable for an adult?
>>
>>61579251
sure, turn it off, discharge, carefully open PSU and inspect visually without touching anything.
>>
File: file.png (1KB, 206x33px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1KB, 206x33px
fug lads what do i do theres no activator for this version
>>
>>61579778
>without touching anything
emphasis on this
the capacitors will fuck with you if you touch the wrong one
>>
>>61579794
get "Microsoft Toolkit", it fixes everything
>>
>>61579794
slmgr /rearm
>>
File: file.png (2KB, 401x52px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2KB, 401x52px
>>61579808
;-;
>>
after windows forced me to update, for some reason I can't move the desktop icons to the left of the screen. I can move a few of them to the left until one more icon causes another icon to shoot to the right of the screen, like there's already an icon there, even though I'm 99 percent sure there isn't and I've tried clicking the blank space. wtf do I do?
>>
>>61579673
Placed it in usr/lib/chromium before and tried it, didn't work. Now it does when moving it and placing it back in the previously mentioned folder.
>>
>>61579819
reboot, remove everything, install KMS Service, rearm, reboot, activate
>>
so i have an xbone on my roof to play with the lads when they come over and currently my wifi can't reach it
but there is a tiny bit of space where i can get a signal through my phone
question is what piece of equipment do i need to use to take that tiny bit of coverage and wire it up to my xbox?
how slower would the connection if i can get a bar through my phone?
surely the device i will be using will get better coverage than my phone and this making the connection not as slow as it should be?
>>
>>61579856
You were one folder too far
>>
>>61579817
this worked! thank you
>>
where can I get a safe cracked copy of photoshop 2017?
>>
>>61579896
cs 6 is all you need
>>
i'm looking to build a desktop as a remote rendering station for my laptop. it's been 8 years since I last built a desktop - RAM is the part that handles 3D model rendering - right? In addition to the processor - but if I wanted this to be a rendering beast, do I still need a dedicated graphics card? thanks in advance
>>
>>61579878
a wifi repeater - acts as a wifi extender basically
>>
What's the best way to pop the linkedin question with people you work with? It sounds too faggy to say "add me on linkedin and write something".
>inb4 botnet
Well, it's a botnet that I would put up with if it gives me a good job. I'm not really noteworthy enough to get noticed.
>>
>>61579902

where get?
>>
>>61579984
The internet
>>
>>61579961
what about the speed/coverage?
would an average repeater have a better antenna than an average phone?
if i hook it up and end up getting 5 mbps i might as well just get a better router and move it a bit
>>
error 13: Permission denied

ALWAYS get that error in Linux while trying to use amule to you know... get stuff.
How to properly set permissions to the folder so that files are readable and writable?
>>
>>61580198
chmod
chown
>>
>>61580201
Bruh! Tried:
chmod 666 (folder) -R
chown 775 (user:group) -R

And nothing happened...
>>
Can a memory leak cause other components to short out or break?
>>
When i write the word "steam" in gedit, the word gets highlighted yellow. Why is that? Should i not write this word?
>>
>>61580361
Steam is proprietary software so you aren't allowed to write about it in a FOSS text editor.
>>
>>61580345
They can if you handle max voltages via code and not via mechanical stops.

But if you mean in your regular old computer, no, it's safe.
>>
>>61580361
Cant reproduce
>>
>>61580361
was that your last search term?
>>
for x in len(inputArray):
max(inputArray[x] * inputArray[x+ 1])

What am I doing wrong? What I am trying to do is find the largest product between 2 adjacent numbers in an array. So if the array had [2, 4, 5, 6, 7], it would compare the numbers [8, 20, 30, 42]
>>
File: 1420053874461.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1420053874461.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>61580594
>mfw that's the reason
Yes thank you, it was indeed my last search term. I feel retarded now
>>
>>61580700
You are only passing one value to max...

max([inputArray[x]*inputArray[x+1] for x in range(len(inputArray)-1)])
>>
File: 558.png (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
558.png
142KB, 500x500px
So, why does Pastebin not allow text formatting really? Simple stuff like italics and bold would be enough. Nobody seems to have the answer to this.
>>
>>61580829
>Nobody seems to have the answer to this.
How the fuck would anyone know?
>>
>>61580829
>Nobody seems to have the answer to this.
Why doesn't notepad support graphing functions? Simple stuff like pie charts and finger graphs would be enough. Nobody seems to have the answer to this.
There are plenty of other products which fill that niche.
>>
Do you have a Raspberry pi?
What kind of things can you use them for?
>>
>>61580881
>Internet notepad doesn't have text the most basic text editing options
>Comparing it to graphical functions
>>
>>61580829
pastebin is primarily for programming code.
why would you put programming code in italics?
>>
>>61570051
Is it safe to torrent windows nowadays?
>>
>>61580913
>"The idea behind the site is to make it more convenient for people to share large amounts of text online."
Do programming languages really use every single character available that could be otherwise used in a formatting option? Even shit like HTML text editing elements?
>>
>>61580938
You shouldn't need to. There are sites that provide ISOs of them for direct download.
>>
File: google+time+out+dinosaur.png (20KB, 691x340px) Image search: [Google]
google+time+out+dinosaur.png
20KB, 691x340px
Why would I be able to connect to secure websites (https:// in the url), but without secure connection I am timed out when loading pages?

This has recently started happening & it's an issue with the router. I tried adding Google's DNS servers, but it changed nothing. Maybe it's some security setting? It happened out of nowhere this past week.
>>
>>61580954
Wat
>>
>>61580946
yes?
>>
>>61580969
I can connect to websites, but only if they have https in the url, with just "www" it won't go through & loads until it times out. This has caused my game systems to be unable to connect as well. Same issue through wired & wireless.
>>
>>61580993
oh ok then
Not even a checkbox option to convert text formatting code into actual formatting in pastes though?
>>
File: 015.jpg (82KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
82KB, 600x508px
so i lost two of the pci slot covers in the back of the case like pic related, should i try to cover them up with something or can i just leave them like that?
>>
>>61581006
Why dont you write a patch for pastebin?
>>
>>61581010
Depends how much of a hold your OCD has on you.
>>
>>61581010
Duct tape
>>
So im literally retarded when it comes to networks and routers. Ive recently had a number of devices show up in my DHCP clients list that are not mine so I went through the usual motions of changing everything. After doing all that things still kept popping up in that list so I went and replaced my 12 year old router and just finished hooking up the new one. Now within a few minutes after configuring everything I had a random Iphone pop up in the clients list.

How are these people managing to connect to my network? I live in bumfucknowhere surrounded by elderly people, I had no issues for the last 5 years but all the sudden last week this shit starts up. What else is there to do to prevent people from connecting beyond the basics and disabling WPS?
>>
>>61581153
If you are using WPA2 and a good password then I don't know how they would be connecting. You could whitelist MAC addresses.
>>
>>61581153
No one in your place has a iphone? You can block their MAC address, or even funnier (depending on the router) you can make the devices you don't know only able to visit meatspin.com or something.

>>61581230
The only problem I have with whitelisting is you have to update it whenever a new person visits or a new piece of tech appears. I did it at my moms and it only lasted about 2 hours during a hay party.
>>
>>61580994
= =
give the website url you can / cannot connect
>>
I recently found my HD racks for my case and can now re-add my old 500gb HDD. I plugged it in to the mobo and PSU but it's not showing up in windows, and I dunno what the fuck is going in disk manager, pic related. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but the 500gb HDD I have plugged in isn't showing up at all. It should be already formatted anyway.
>>
file.py3 on line ?
return adjacentElementsProduct(*_fArgs_fhjivofspizf)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

What in the fuck does this error message even mean? I don't have anything on line ?, seeing as there is no line ?.
>>
will i get in trouble for faking my identity when getting internet hooked up?

i moved into an apartment that required me to get my own internet (first time i had to do that), so i went with Charter. and i instinctively made up all my information except the address while filling out the paperwork. they scheduled someone to come out to my place on friday and that was that

i didnt really plan on using a fake name originally but now that i have and they havent questioned it, will it do me any bad later to never correct it?
>>
>>61581293
No Iphones in the house, only android devices. Ive already blocked one phone but it came up about 20 minutes later with a new MAC address but same device name. While im typing this I had another Iphone also connect to the network.
>>
>>61581319
enter bios, see what disk you got, maybe that hdd is dead.
btw do you plug sata and power on the hdd?
>>
>>61581331
Then I would try whitelisting your devices, as a test. If the new devices show up again then it sounds like someone managed to compromise the router. You did change the router login, right? I rely on people not doing that when I mess around.
>>
can any of you fags can open resS and ASSETS files
>>
>>61581357
Yep, changing the login was the first thing I did. Guess ill go through and whitelist a few devices and see how the night goes. Thanks for the help and confirming that im not crazy.
>>
>>61581327
really doubt they give a shit, but if anyone is bored they'll notice something is up when it's not your fake name on the check/credit card that pays the bill. but like I said so long as they get their money they couldn't give a shit
>>
>>61581393

actually its my iphone
>>
>>61581153
Depending on the router, disabling WPS doesn't always work. If they're using that then you're screwed, unless you throw a custom firmware on there.
>>
File: pic related.png (171KB, 2315x733px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
171KB, 2315x733px
>>61581319
Forgot pic

>>61581348
Yep. On a moduler PSU it doesn't really matter where it plugs in as long as it matches the number of plugs (2x8), right?
>>
>>61581379
i need some help
>>
>>61581322
wtf is a .py3 file? Python normally has .py or .pyw
>>
in ffmpeg can I just use -b:v (4MB/seconds)*8 = X or something instead of do the math equation and then plugging the output into the flag?
>>
>>61581635
It doesn't matter what the extension is, all it reads is the header
#/usr/bin/env python
or less commonly
#/bin/python3
>>
>>61581656
use crf and it will us b:v as a UPPER limit
>>
>>61581432
The only other thing I can think of is that I have this MOCA adapter hooked up to my router for my cables box to connect to. Could this be the culprit?
>>
>>61581697
It is an online console;
>>
>>61581792
You know online consoles are usually just ran in a linux vm, right?
>>
>>61581811
And that helps to figure out how I managed to screw something up on "line ?".
>>
Am doing a "government funded non-profit" course, and the laptops provided (cheap as fuck chromebooks) have adblock on. All sites are ad-blocked. How is this allowed?
>>
I think I've fucked up my gentoo computer a little too much, what files should I save to my USB before I wipe and start over?
>>
>>61581878
Adblock is neither illegal nor morally wrong to use
>>
>>61581899
Oh so it's that simple? Cool. I can't disable it, and all websites are busted because all filters.
Thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>61581878
They are free to allow what ever content they do or dont want on their property
>>
>>61581855
There is a fucking arrow pointing the the line. Why care what its number is.
>>
>>61581928
okay, thanks anon. I don't know anything about adblock
>>
>>61581886
Whatever you changed in /etc
There's a command in arch Linux to do that, but i don't know about Gentoo.

If you're asking you probably don't need to save anything.
>>
Just how quiet are brown keys, is the physical feedback good?
>>
>>61581927
>I can't disable it
Maybe you should enrol in "how to computer 101"
>>
>>61581947
Yeah but still, I want to save myself the trouble of all the internet related configs, cpu flags, fstab, and anything else I'm forgetting.
>>
>>61581949
They are lack luster.
You press it and it goes down like a blue,but in the middle you are greeted with this mushy soft feeling then you finish the key to bottoming out.

I would advise against it.I had to return my browns in favor of blacks
>>
>>61581963
Is there any key that feels more like a blue but isn't loud as shit?
>>
>>61581955
You can probably back up the entire /etc and /home to a usb and just grab whatever you need later.
>>
>>61581975
>mechanical keyboard
>not "loud as shit"
No.
>>
>>61581379
bump
>>
>>61581939
There is an arrow pointing to the r in return, not to a line. I went and commented it out and it still spits the same error.
>>
>>61581727
explain?
>>
>>61582093
I dont think i can get any more obvious and direct then i was with my original post
>>
I'm trying to diagnose a laptop, an MSI Cx61 2pc. I can get into the bios, but I'm not seeing the HDD detected.
I opened her up, inspected the drive itself, didn't look broken. Made sure the sata stuff was plugged in securely. Still not showing up in BIOS. The HDD activity led occasionally lights on and I hear a beep/click from the drive. Should I just assume the drive is borked at this point? I don't really have hardware to test it out.
>>
>>61582189
They probably want you to explain how your answer relates to their question.
>>
>>61582242
sure sounds like it. test with a usb drive if you can boot, and make sure that you're looking at the right stuff in bios.
>>
>>61581949
>>61581975
if you just want a good but quiet keyboard get a thinkpad or a usb keyboard from lenovo.
>>
>>61580886
fileserver, mailserver, webserver. low bandwidth cap though so don't think you can start a business by renting it out.
>>
>>61582341
I can put an OS on a usb but Ill have to freshly format one and all that jazz so it might take me a little time. But yeah I went under
>System info
>SATA Information
in which it listed the dvd drive and [Hard Drive] - none
>>
>>61579680
only with specific aesthetics
>>
>>61579329
depends on the projects you tackle. the harder the better.
there aren't really that many concepts to get through to get competency so don't worry about early on.
>>
>>61582419
look under boot order and info as well. try another drive if you can find one, or try that drive in another computer.
>>
If I install windows on a SSD and run it through a VM on a HDD running a linux distro, can I install steam games on the HDD and have windows steam access them? I cant afford a massive SSD to store all my games.
>>
>>61582552
No, windows dosent like linux filesystems.
There is some support for it but its buggy at best
>>
>>61582569
Would the VM work if I installed windows on a second HDD or partition? The guy I watched on youtube used an SSD and he made it sound like it was required.
>>
>>61582637
What is your exact goal here?
Using linux on a vm or using windows on a vm?
Why are you using a vm?
>>
>>61582552
Yeah, but it would have to go through samba or something. But how do you run windows on an ssd in a vm?
>>
>>61582664
Using a linux distro as my main OS and running win 10 through a VM for games. Ideally I would like it to be capable of doing a passthrough of 2 crossfire graphics cards while using a ryzen cpu.
>>61582665
https://youtu.be/aLeWg11ZBn0
>>
>>61582711
Oh, forgot to mention that I want linux and win on separate monitors simultaneously.
>>
Is there any way to transfer my current W10 installation from a mechanical hard drive to a SSD?
>>
>>61582780
clonezilal
>>
hey whats that thing where you can run ubuntu inside windows 10? was that an april fools or what?
>>
Any recommendations for where to start learning about the basics of how computers work? I'm mostly interested about which part does what, how it does it, etc. I'm horribly clueless at these things, so the more dumbed down, the better.
>>
>>61582816
Build a computer from parts
>>
>>61582780
Why not just
>move important files over to an External drive
>format both the SSD and the HDD
>clean install on SSD
>Migrate back important files onto the hard drisk
or at least, that's what I did.
>>
>>61582850
I want to do more or less what you described, but I don't feel like buying a new copy of Windows.
>>
>>61582868
>>61582792
>>
>>61582814
No it's real. Called WSL or bash on ubuntu on windows or some shit. It is a fairly limited environment compared to a real install but it will get you a posix shell to use at least.
>>
>>61582868
you don't need a new copy of windows if you are using the same motherboard from before.
>>
>>61582189
o-okay t-thanks
>>
>>61582816
find interesting stuff on coursera and learn

https://www.coursera.org/courses?_facet_changed_=true&domains=computer-science&primaryLanguages=en&query=&start=0
>>
>>61582552
if all the games are on a partition that's formatted to NTFS, there wouldn't be any problems.
>>
New to FSB overclocking but not overclocking in general. I've just upped my core to 225mhz with x18 multiplier to test it out, and I'm seeing inconsistent readings.

Bios is adamant that 225x18 = 3262mhz (?)
Windows registers 3.6 in the system window.

These settings should net just over 4ghz no? Am I misunderstanding something here?
>>
if I create a class for a linked list of objects in c++ and i use delete on the linked list, does it also delete all of the objects? i would assume so
>>
>>61583374
Not unless you wrote that into the class when you created it.
>>
>>61583360
For background I've hit 4.4 stable with just the multiplier before but am experimenting with FSB speeds in search of better single core performance.
>>
>>61582780
Macrium reflect. Simple as shit. You don't even need to boot anything.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.