[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal/portable music player thread /PMP/ So now you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: pmp.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pmp.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Personal/portable music player thread /PMP/

So now you can stop littering /csg/ with requests about the various PMPs
Feel free to ask anything here and remember:

HIDE "Just use your phone lol" BAITS
IGNORE "Just use your phone lol" POSTS
DO NOT REPLY TO "Just use your phone lol" POSTERS

Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide has been updated again, thanks to your efforts >>61354899 → https://spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
https://www.iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Rockbox 3.14 released, significant battery increase compared to 3.13. The battery increase was from the cpu scaling patches, which has been available on dev builds for a (long) while.
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics, I'm going through them in order of posting so yours will come up eventually.

[News]
•Anon posts his setup, featuring an iPod Video, an amp and a pair of M50X >>61457706
•Anon wants to build a custom pmp with a RPi zero >>61459452
•Anon bought a FiiO X1II with a bit of a blogpost >>61463425

Previous thread >>61457584
>>
File: 41YZp9uVsSL.jpg (23KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
41YZp9uVsSL.jpg
23KB, 500x459px
First for Walkman. Who /AMP/ here
>>
>>61478349
phone+viper4android+PowerAmp+Pioneer or Philips earbuds audio cuck approved.
>>
>HIDE "Just use your phone lol" BAITS
>IGNORE "Just use your phone lol" POSTS
>DO NOT REPLY TO "Just use your phone lol" POSTERS

Also reminder that phones used as PMPs are acceptable, as long as the post isnt something like >Just use your phone lol
>>
>>61478433
neck yourself idiot
>>
So asking on the proper thread now about any info related to the Walnut V3.

Also, does the guy that makes them has any website? Because I can't find it and that would save me from having to ask here every week.
>>
Anyone with a xDuoo X2 knows if it's possible to remove the annoying fade-in effect at the start of every track? I have no idea why they'd do that
>>
>decide to use my iBook G4 to copy music over to my rockboxed 4th gen
>somehow the music folder got nuked
RIP
Also DHL seems to have lost my cf to ipod adapter so i cant post about that.
>>
>>61478468
Searchead for a bit, i only found their official store on Taobao https://world.taobao.com/item/542124740337.htm
But i don't know nothing more about it
>>
>>61478379
I use a mini disc player
>>
Why not just use phone?
My LGG4 has a built in DAC+amp that drives my headphones just fine. If your phone has a dac, and ideally a slot for micro sd cards then there's no reason to get a portable player.
>>
File: a90.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
a90.png
24KB, 200x200px
people with flagship iems/headphones
>uses whatever equipment available, usually their phones
>enjoys their music from all sources
>generally happy

Poorfags
>$10~$300 Zone
>over compensate with dedicated daps
>seeks validation by posting their fiio/schiit/astell /poverty equipment constantly
>big fan of placebo tweaks
>only content at best with what they have
>never really listens to music
>>
File: pmo.jpg (1MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
pmo.jpg
1MB, 4656x2620px
>>61478349
>>
>use my phone
>just got into spotify, got premium, i'm 30 lol this hipster shit
>new pioneer bluetooth head unit for car
>reused JBL speakers
>reused 2 rockford fosgate a/b amps
>DD ported sub box and 12 inch sub

>when listening with earbuds, been using jvc marshmallows for like 8 years now

sounds good, m8
>>
>>61478862
I really need to fix my car audio system because it sounds like fucking shit, specially the bass.

But I'm clueless about how to proceed.
>>
I gotta admit, this general is niche as fuck. So niche that I can't remember the last time we passed 80 posts before the thread died.
You think there could be a merger with /hpg/?
If nothing else we could have fun ruining it.
>>61478691
Imagine
Another world
Just like our own
Except
You think you're super cool
Because you're not a part of a hobby
>>
>>61478920

head unit, something new with jewtooth, low level unit is fine.

4 channel amp with at 50 watts per channel RMS at 4 ohms. name brand, no walmart shit. remember peak watts don't mean shit, RMS is king. that's why i mainly fucks with rockford fosgate.

4(four) 6.5/6.75 inch woofers/speakers, not a huge 6x9 fan but if you want one pair to be 6x9 that's fine whatever, they'll sound fine.

subwoofer amp, doesn't have to be anything sick. ported box so you can get more boom for your watt and dollar. ported vs non ported is a taste argument. buy a pre-made box with a 12 inch subwoofer of a known name brand if you're brand new to this shit.

have the best local shop you can deal with install it all. will hurt your wallet but at least it'll be done right and they will warranty the work and product.

looking at going with a rockford punch 600x4 to replace the rockford power 300x4 amp, and going with some rockford prime 6.5 components all around to replace the JBL's
>>
>>61478600
Care to post pics?
>>
File: IMG_20170720_164919.jpg (436KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_164919.jpg
436KB, 720x1280px
On this episode of Anon is Surprised That 3rd Party Software Supports This Despite it Being in the Settings this aux cable that was falsely advertised to work on an iPod touch puts out audio just fine on an older model.
>>
File: 600b51a635fcb7680cff91ba18f318.png (154KB, 463x595px) Image search: [Google]
600b51a635fcb7680cff91ba18f318.png
154KB, 463x595px
>>61480191
If you look at the datasheet for the 30 pin connetor, you'll see it has pins for left/right line out, so it's compatible with all iPods, even on stock firmware (at least on my Video, Touch 1g and Nano 6g)
>>
>>61480404
Huh. The touch (2g) wouldnt output anything. It was a dollar store buy that has been sitting in a box for like 3 years so i guess it paid off. I'd mess with the touch, but its softbricked and in a box somewhere.
>>
>>61480452
Guess, i bought my touch 1G two years ago from a computer faire in my city for 5€ as "not working"
After i took the lil bastard at home, reflashed the OS and after some soldering to the jack because the ribbon connector was broken, i used it for ~3 months attached to my Note4 with velcro but gave up because my music collection can't fit in 8GB
>>
So, I'm looking for a affordable player that is expandable with SD Cards. Any recommendations?
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I didnt think anyone saved my pics, neat
>>
File: ipodwithbox.png (427KB, 795x591px) Image search: [Google]
ipodwithbox.png
427KB, 795x591px
Remember to keep the box so when you sell it you can get more!*
>*box is from a different ipod my dad had in 2004. I dont know why he gave it to me and not the now dead (simple HDD and battery failure) ipod. Keeping th box doesnt mean you can sell it for more anyways, unless it has never been removed from that box, then you can sell if for 200x the price obviously.
>>
File: IMG_1837[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1837[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>61478379
Real Walkmen Only.
>>
just use your phone lol
>>
Just use your phone posters must be missing the point. Low effort faggots. So, I'm in the market for a new pmp. What can I get that would be better than just using my phone?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.