[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a cheap desk around 80x30in or cheap way to build one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1498785502.png (933KB, 675x1200px)
1498785502.png
933KB, 675x1200px
What's a cheap desk around 80x30in or cheap way to build one?
>>
>>61410374
Can you weld?
>>
>>61410374
>in

is this the XVI century?
>>
>>61410524
No
>>
>>61410374
Get a door from the ding and dented section of Home Depot. Apply 7 ikea legs, four on the corners, three in the middle in an upside down triangle shape.

The solid core doors are heavier and more expensive but more sturdy imo
>>
>>61410607
If you can't seamlessly switch between imperial and metric then you're a failure
>>
>>>/diy/
>>
>>61410617
Okay, the easiest way to get a desk made is with box steel and a mig welder.
If you are decent at woodwork you should just buy some 18mm sheet material, glue them together and then attach 4 legs.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500243151281.jpg (143KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500243151281.jpg
143KB, 1600x1200px
I'd you have a decent alcove, get some prefab lengths of board and some supports. Make sure to grab a couple l-brackets (like you use to hang shelves) for support in the middle and yield something like pic related. I used a drill, stub finder, and a hand saw to do that. Took probably around $50 in materials and a 2 hours to slap together. If you have baseboards, you can use shims to drill into the wall for better support.

It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it does the job and it was cheap.
>>
>>61410657
Do you get any sag on those boards??
>>
>>61410680
I did initially, but then I added 2 l-brackets and it doesn't sag anymore. I took that pic before I added them. Make sure you put them into studs.
>>
>>61410698
show em
>>
>>61410757
Don't live there anymore but pic related is what I used for support. Basically, I made a floating shelf into a desk with 1x4 for support legs.
>>
>>61410787
nice and thanks
>>
>>61410374
a haircut and round glasses and this guy would look like a younger Bill Gates
>>
Get a 40$ folding table and call it a day !!!
>>
>>61413226
For quick and easy, I definitely recommend this.
You can get the "buffet" folding tables that are rated to support 500 pounds for $60 or less from Walmart.

If you want something nicer, go to a flooring and counter store (Floor and Decor, Home Depot, etc.) and find a butcher block top.
Stick a couple of legs on it and you're good to go.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.