[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bitcoin/crypto-currency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: bitcoin.png (570KB, 617x494px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin.png
570KB, 617x494px
How do y'all feel about it?
>>
It's a meme.
Now fuck off to >>>/biz/.
>>
How the fuck do you even plug the GPUs with them so close?
>>
>>61227710
PCIe raisers. Google it.
>>
>>61227332
Love how everyone thinks its a meme when ive made $105 off of 2 and a half weeks mining
>>
File: ripe for conquering.jpg (43KB, 618x635px) Image search: [Google]
ripe for conquering.jpg
43KB, 618x635px
>>61227325
Makes me moist
>>
>>61227909
Now deduct electricity and hardware cost
>>61227325
Its a fucking meme, when the 1080/1080tis become best bang for your buck you know you have a problem.
>>
>>61227966
Thats with electricty already deducted. Hardware is an old r9 390 bought for gaming. Even though card was bought for gaming it will only take 2 months to make what I paid for it.
>>
will this meme end and lead to an influx of used good cards like military surplus after a war?
>>
>>61227909
$50 a week? Jesus Christ you dumb cunt, wouldn't even wear out my hardware for that much.

It's a meme, it USED to be a fantastic idea, and you USED to be able to make money off of it, everyone and their grandmother knows about it now. It's owned by the Chinese mafia.
>>
>>61229109
Hopefully, but those cards would be worn out af.
>>
>>61229109
expect dead gpu ~6 months
>>
>>61229154
>worn out
It's a solid state computer processor, run at normal operating specs on an open air rig. If you're afraid of "wear" in that scenario, more cheap graphics cards for the rest of us.
>>
>>61227325
How long until ASICs make gpu mining obsolete again?
>>
>>61228014
Or you could work an extra shift at mcdonalds and make way more in the same time.
>>
Why do you faggots insist on mining?

Are you guys really this poor and cheap?

Just fucking buy coins with USD directly believe me. Even back in the day I wasted time mining I got like maybe 5 coins; however, my friend who was working just kept buying BTC and sold for 300K+ (at the time tax free).
>>
>>61229197
Implying I POW mine.. crunching asteroid data erryday & earning grc!
>>
You'll spend more on electricity than you'll actually make.
>>
>>61229132
>It's a meme, it USED to be a fantastic idea, and you USED to be able to make money off of it, everyone and their grandmother knows about it now. It's owned by the Chinese mafia.

Pretty much this.
I have a coworker who put quite some cash in it and has a profit of about 1k however and this has been somewhat of a mystery to me always, you sell the coins at an exchange to get cash back on the bank however at some point your winnings will be registered and you might have to pay taxes over them which takes away quite a percentage depending on how much you earned. Even though he says he has x profit he still has the coins which means that if bad shit happens to the market then his profits will down again, although it doesn't seem to be happening it does seem like a risk to me that is only logical if it is fuck-you-money. But it is far too late to step into the game imo if you want big bucks.
>>
>>61229383
Wanted to add that another friend of mine is being way to autistic into bitcoin. He's been in his first year college for 7 years or so now and lives of benefits and student loans. He's putting all his cash into weed and bitcoin and then brags how he made 2,- in an hour when he's well capable of working. It is sad to see him throw his life away like that cause he's getting kicked off school finally and will see a dramatic drop in his benefits cause he refuses to get a job that fits his level education, yet he isn't willing to do the studying required for the diploma.
>>
>>61229197
iirc etherum was designed against that.
>>
>>61229509
They said the same about litecoin, asics will be developed if there is enough incentive.
>>
>>61227325
"'We are now mining, Some are just to mine.
What? what the fuck does that mean?
>>
i've been mining some monero with free cloud access I got. I might try out different hardware I've got hanging around to see what the hashrate to power ratio us. It's a fun hobby. If I was going to invest in it though I would be taking the risk that it will be worth zero at any time.

I do think monero has the best chance of being what takes over from bitcoin, I'm not sure about ethereum despite the big names backing it. Like I said it could all go pear shaped with legislation or just some technical problems. I heard there were some crises with ethereum. Anything could happen if someone find a fundamental flaw with the tech.
>>
>>61229535
ETH requires a lot of vram per worker which makes an asic prohibitively expensive
>>
>>61229271
but he'd have to physically do work to make that money??? why are you so against people making money on the side by mining coins?
>>
The graphics card was the last part I ordered for my pc build. Shortly after that it was sold out because of miners. I would have fucking hated the world if I had every part for my PC but couldn't get the graphics card I wanted.
>>
>>61227325
Its just another fad that lazy fools ride because they were tricked into the thought that they can earn money without putting hard work into it
>>
>>61227325
late to the party
>>
>>61227325
Woooow, 12 PCI-E X1, revolutionary. I'll get 12 wlan cards to mine dat ethereum wirelessly
>>
>>61229727
Asics are already expensive m8
>>
>>61227909
>$105 off of 2 and a half weeks mining
niggers get more welfare than that

literally a get rich quick scheme
>>
File: 1435804938444.jpg (140KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1435804938444.jpg
140KB, 680x680px
>>61227325
I'm hoping that bubble is gonna pop soon so I won't be the loser who missed out AGAIN
If I can't get rich easy no one should be!
>>
>>61229197
but anon, GPU's are already ASIC's
>>
>>61234104
You can run custom applications on GPU, but ASIC are by definition application specific
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.