[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

x230 for CS freshmen in the fall a good choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: lenovox2304.jpg (140KB, 602x610px)
lenovox2304.jpg
140KB, 602x610px
Is this /g/ approved or should I go for something else?
>>
>>61211425
>>>/g/tpg
>>
>>61211425
>shit keyboard
>no 3rd party battery because locked down
>no unlocked bios
>>
>>61211463
>buy an x220 palmrest/keyboard from ebay
>reflash the bios
>reflash the bios
>>
>>61211522
>The xx30 Series of ThinkPads (X230/T430/W530) and up introduced new Intel security features that make it impossible to flash the BIOS using software. You must use hardware flashing methods to modify these laptop BIOSes. All you need is a BIOS mod, an SPI Flasher (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black, Bus Pirate) and a Pomona 5250 Solderless SOIC-8 Clip.
>all this shit for +8fps in manchild videogames instead of just getting a X220 from a refurb with 2 years warranty
lmaoing hard right now to be honest
>>
>>61211656
>hurr durr i'm a fucking retard
https://github.com/hamishcoleman/thinkpad-ec
>>
>>61211722
>still no fully unlocked bios
you tried.
>>
>>61211852
>>shit keyboard
>>no 3rd party battery because locked down
The main purpose of this software is to patch the EC on xx30 series thinkpads
to make the classic 7-row keyboards work. There are also patches included to disable the authentic battery validation check.
to make the classic 7-row keyboards work. There are also patches included to disable the authentic battery validation check.
>>
>>61211852
>what is coreboot

lel
>>
why would I want to reflash bios?
>>
>>61211463
>>61211656
LMAO pajeet is too retarded to do baby /g/ tier shit
>>
Just get an second or third gen X1 carbon, bro. Well worth the little bit of extra cash.
>>
>>61211872
who the fuck is so poor they cant buy genuine batteries?
>>
Go for it, you can't go wrong with a Thinkpad.
>>
>>61211891
>installing trannyware

>>61212154
xx30 users

>>61212023
yea fuck the warranty.
retard.
>>
>>61212154
by "genuine" they mean the batteries that come with the x230 only
unlocking it lets you use your x220 battery. maybe x200 too idk
>>
>>61212279
>trannyware
that's libreboot you retard
>>
>>61212279
>warranty
>on a 2nd hand laptop from 2011
>>
Might be the incorrect thread, but does anyone know which thinkpad (That's older not the carbon) has a 1920x1080 res?
>>
>>61212353
i might be wrong but i'm not sure any do (without hardware mods)
i have a first gen x1 carbon and even that still has a 1600x900 screen
there are t420 and t520 variants with 1600x900 if you care. at 14/15in it's not that noticeable although those screens are shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.