[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /g/ discover new music? Any radio apps/sites to recommend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>
>>61098046
Gifs with sound (Reddit/yt)
Free Bandcamp music (as with software - the best are made because you do what you want, and not what you are paid for) (there's a subreddit for that)
Tasty, Monstercat and Diversity groups
>>
>>61098046
youtube
>>
>>61098046
Mostly through listening to free-form radio online (KXLU & KCRW mostly)
>>
>>61098207
Redacted.ch
>>
igorrr
>>
File: IMG_20170510_065924.jpg (24KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_065924.jpg
24KB, 400x350px
spotify and soundcloud, youtube occasionally
>>
i only listen to japanese music but I get a lot of music from osu! as a lot of asian people play that game and know some obscure groups/singers

other than that I check out blogspots, /jp/ and doujin sites
>>
last.fm
>inb4 botnet
>>
File: 1452965065330.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452965065330.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
was in a real rut for new music.

spotify's algorithms are just too good.

search through for some bands you like, like some of their music. you can try their radio thing but it's pretty shit.

then your weekly generated playlist will get better and better. at first you'll only like a couple tracks but eventually more and more.

eventually it'll start suggesting bands you jsed to listen to but forgot about. pretty spooky.

check the new releases on occasion, sometimes find new stuff you didnt know about.

just be careful liking things that arent your usual taste.(add them to a playlist rather than like). Ive been getting fucking orchestral radiohead arrangements for months.
>>
also music private trackers are a meme

you can find anything by going [artist name] blogspot 320kbps

you'll find a blogspot page from 2008 or some shit with some links that somehow still work
>>
>>61098046
Anime
>>
>/mu/
>anything related to what I've recently listened to
>whosampled
>soulseek
>rutracker
>>
>>61098046
plug.dj and freemusicarchive.org
>>
I've actually found several bands I like just letting Music Choice play while I do dishes or pick up the house or whatever. Bands and labels I'd never heard of and I got hooked.
>>
discogs + youtube
>>
>>61098517
THIS, nigga gets it.
>>
Find labels that I like, listen to a lot of stuff from them, but not whole songs, just snippets. Eventually I find something I like.
>>
>>61098046
fuck new music. i live in the past.

>>>/mu/
>>
>>61098046
Apple Music app. it's better than Spotify... I've used both
>>
I try to rediscover classical stuff because of Devo
>>
rateyourmusic and random GPM playlists.
>>
RWDS
>>
>>61098046
what kind of retarded question is that?
>>>/mu/
>>
Soma.fm!
>>
RYM charts, automatic recommendations, and the chart of recent releases of artists I follow

albumoftheyear

/mu/ in general
>>
YouTube, Spotify, friends
>>
music-app.co
>>
>>61098517

niceee

>>61099072

spotifys algorhythms are shit. even worse than last.fm
>>61098046

I have a list with close to 100 blogs that upload "free" music.. freedom aint free

browse review sites weekly: factmag, tnmt, wire, quietus..

check a fuckload of labels for new releases, most of them on bandcamp

if you want to rly get into electronic music start checking out labels, not artists

i frequent rym, last and tastemaker sites like that

occasionally watch reviews but never grim fandango

go to record stores a lot, buy random shit for a dollar. otherwise discogs is also great for #rare releases.

then also the radio. our (((state sponsored))) radio program occasionally plays swans, kendrick lamar, its pretty gud

friends & family are also rly into music so they keep me updated

/mu/ is fucking trash and cannot be salvaged

this is how u do music, boys
>>
>>61098207
>gifs with sound
are you trolling me nigga
>>
>>61101874
>>61101262
>listening to /mu/-core
>>
>>61098207
>monstercat
Underage should be banned
>>
>>61098984
I thought I was the only one that used Osu! for music. I mean, it comes with a built-in visualizer in the main menu!
>>
>>61098046
Movies and friends. Although if anything, I try not to discover any more. 500GB is plenty and messing with the whole "search, download, fix tags, listen" routine is such a fucking pain.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.