[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ because old one dead You know the drill: -post your small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 56

File: bg7lRmw.jpg (8KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
bg7lRmw.jpg
8KB, 192x171px
/sqt/ because old one dead

You know the drill:
-post your small tech support questions HERE, don't create a thread for them

-don't just bump the thread, most people look for posts without replies

-take at least 10 seconds checking your problem with a search engine

To kick the thread of:
Why should I use protonmail/kolabnow/<some other privacy email service> instead of the email service that comes with my shared host plan?
>>
File: dont.jpg (30KB, 540x398px) Image search: [Google]
dont.jpg
30KB, 540x398px
>>60823364
/g/ I want to kill something Linux's sound system is doing my fucking head in

All I want to do is to setup a microphone with pulseaudio and have it be used by an application using alsa.

pavucontrol nicely sees my microphone and it all appears to be working but alsa just won't fucking have it
Here's my asound.conf, what am I doing wrong?
ctl.!default {
type pulse
source "alsa_input.usb-OmniVision_Technologies__Inc._USB_Camera-B4.09.24.1-01.multichannel-input"
}

btw I'm trying to setup google assistant on an Orange Pi PC with a PS3 eye as a microphone
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (9KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
9KB, 288x216px
what is the most comprehensive laptop comparision search? something that includes all laptops from 2000 to now would be amazing
>>
File: eror.png (53KB, 585x817px) Image search: [Google]
eror.png
53KB, 585x817px
i have windows 10. i reset my solid state drive containing my os, wiped it, and reinstalled w10. now i don't have windows store app, sticky notes, calculator, etc. (default apps) and i can't download them (i click the "get this free" link on the windows store site and nothing happens; i've tried this in chrome and in microsoft edge).

at first i didn't even have a program to view pictures with and had to download some stuff i don't even remember, but now my viewer looks like the older, white windows 7 one.

i've tried using windows powershell and the files i need aren't there. i've tried copying over c:/program files/WindowsApps from my external backup but i don't have permissions to paste them, and i've tried going into regedit and changing permissions beforehand. i've tried using a windows 10 troubleshooter and it did nothing.

i'm so lost, please help. nothing i've found via google has helped at all
>>
>>60824077
have you tried loggin in with an admin user and see if it works?

also try creating a brand new user
>>
File: 1376239072335.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1376239072335.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
During installation of components with the motherboard already in case (PC on the side when I was installing) I applied a bit too much pressure, not once, but a couple of times.
The motherboard bent trough quite a bit, and I got worried.
So far I can't find any cracks but how can I make sure I didn't damage the Motherboard / RAM / CPU / GPU during inst allation?

Help would be much appreciated.
Let me know if you would like more wallpapers like this by the way, I'd happily post.
>>
This issue has been bothering me for a while, I bought a Fiio E10k a while back but I've been having an issue where it suddenly bursts out super loud static/hissing whenever I skip through a video or sometimes when I start anything with audio.

It's a real pain in the ass and can't be good for my ears.
>>
File: IMG_1596.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1596.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>60823744
Ok ALSA now sees and can use my mic as proven by
arecord -vvv --device=pulse -f dat /dev/null

but I still have to set the default device.
Any ideas what to put in my asound.conf to have it use pulse without me having to specify?
>>
What sort of washing/drying machine should I get?
>>
File: crystaldisk-seagate0.png (33KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
crystaldisk-seagate0.png
33KB, 406x364px
just bought a new hard drive (barracuda pro).
do these figures look normal?
>>
dude fucking post the fucking name STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD took me 30 mins to get here wtf
>>
>>60824226
>>>/g/sqt
It's right there.
>>
>>60824190
>>60823744
nvm fixed it

I've never actually gotten any useful suggestions here, I always end up fixing it myself before someone shows up to help...
>>
Is Newegg still the best place to buy parts from?

Where do you buy your parts from?

Looking to get 2 1050ti's, and around 4x8 DDR3
>>
>>60824241
i always seach for "stupid" in the catalog because im stupid and thats why im here.
Op is not helping me at all
>>
>>60824077

As a former Geek Squad tech, I saw plenty of these types of issues come in before already in progress or starting because we would reset the PC. For some reason, Windows 10 rarely installs correctly the first time and usually user profiles are easily corrupted.

Like suggested, one of the first steps is to try creating a brand new user with the admin permissions but if you don't have the permissions for Powershell, Regedit, etc then odds are you'll run into trouble there.

My best recommendation is say goddammit Windows 10 and reinstall again from a freshly created Win10 flash drive/whatever media you used to install, or use the built-in recovery partition to do a complete reset again and cross your fingers it works this time. But even then there's no guarantee as the partition may fail resetting or make matters worse if it too is faulty.

Tl;dr: Windows 10 has horrible installation inconsistency and you'll probably need to start from scratch again.
>>
File: 1.jpg (23KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23KB, 600x500px
are cyberpower gayming pcs a meme?
is Liquid Cooling a meme?
wich one is the best option between these 2?
http://www.microcenter.com/product/473972/IdeaCentre_710-25_Desktop_Computer
VS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRZCI25/ref=psdc_13896597011_t2_B00IMOND82
pls respond
>>
>>60824258
you sound like a cancerous forum user
>>
>>60824361
Not that anon, but I've had similar experiences.
>>
File: 1379007080244.png (35KB, 1316x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1379007080244.png
35KB, 1316x1152px
>>60824166
Remove the components and give them a through inspection. If you don't see any visible physical damage, then bash the MF power button. If things turn on just fine, you are OK.

Just remember to no put them back with the force of a locomotive this time.
>>
What is AMD doing next ? We got the R7, R5, the R3 should come soon, and then what ?
Those R3 should cost between $100 - $200 but do they plan to release something even cheaper that will compete in the ~$70 price range ?
>>
>>60824340
>are cyberpower gayming pcs a meme?
Yes you are paying through the ass for basic builds.

>is Liquid Cooling a meme?
No but there are expenses and risk of leaks if not done right.
>>
>>60824340
>are cyberpower gayming pcs a meme?
Their warranties are not very good, so it kinda defeats the purpose of an OEM.
>is Liquid Cooling a meme?
Sometimes. Liquid is higher maintenance and requires more attention. It's slightly better than a high-end air cooler, and is mostly useful for compact chassis to me.

>Which one is the best option between these 2?
In gaymen specs, the Cyberpower would be better due to the 1070 and the Kaby Lake i7. I'm a slut for SSDs though and would factor that into my future cost.
>>
>>60824461
I already tried turning it on and things worked, would this mean it's perfectly fine and undamaged?
I was afraid that perhaps it would run despite the damage, but it would melt down eventually.

About the locomotive thing, I can't really help it.
I'm a big guy. ;^)
>>
>>60824510
If there were any severe damage you'd already know. PCBs are pretty flexible, so if it powers on, just watch for components which don't work correctly (bad PCIe slots, headers, controllers).
>>
>>60824215
-buy from a local brand or something that is assembled in your country so replacement parts won't be an issue
-buy a top-loading one. Easier to work with and they are more stable, especially with large/heavy loads.
-only buy eco-friendly machines with A or higher rating
-check the spin-dryer functions RPM, try to get one which can go up to 1000-1200 rpm. 800 rpm machines are OK too, but you might have to repeat the spin-dry program part or buy a separate spin-dryer.
>>
>>60824581
>-buy from a local brand or something that is assembled in your country so replacement parts won't be an issue
So much this.
Please dont pay extra for samsungs or LG or whatever,once it breaks(and it will) good luck.
>>
>>60824577
I'll be taking the ''stupid'' part of stupid questions thread to a next level with this question, I'm sorry.

What are headers / controllers? I'm not very familiar with the parts in English.

My GPU works I guess, no artifact glitches so far.
>>
>>60824581
>>60824602
Thanks. Top-loading ones don't exist in viking-land though, but that's probably not a big deal anyway.
>>
I am planning on setting up my own website but to be honest, I don't know how to do it. I am going to use open-source software on my server and I want to host multiple projects on it e.g. a textboard and a torrent indexer instance. I should note that I don't have previous programming experience but I tinkered with Linux here and there. Where should I look to get me started on this?
>>
File: picrelated.png (16KB, 1161x487px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.png
16KB, 1161x487px
when trying to compile the source code for gtkglarea 2.0.1 i get this error in pic related
>what os?
Slackware 14.2 on 4.4.14 64-bit

I'm kind of a newfag to compiling shit from source. Can someone more experienced help me out?
>>
I would like to test out how well my GPU, CPU and RAM are functioning still.
This computer has been kicked around and beaten up by crazy ex (that's why she's ex now) and I would like to check which parts I can still use and which I have to replace.
Any benchmarks you can recommend?
Or are there any other better ways I can check?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>60825624
forgot to add, I already replaced the PSU, case and HDDs because they were impossible to salvage.
>>
>>60825644
Prime95 to stress test the CPU and Kombustor to stress the GPU. Memtest the ram.
>>
I need a 15/20 meters ethernet cable. Which cat 7 s/stp would you recommend? There are some on Amazon for like 30€ or so, but maybe that's too cheap for cat 7 and s/stp.
>>
How do I make my external hard drive work as a usb instead of needing to install another os on it?
Is it possible without needing to buy anything else?
>>
How can i rebind win+alt+enter?
>>
so today while i was off at work my parents texted me saying they had a bunch of problems with the internet. so i tried to access my rutorrent online but couldn't connect and then i tried to ssh in and also could not connect. im dont really know if rtorrent was causing the problems and ive left it alone plenty of times before without any trouble, but im still a little worried that it may be a bit to aggressive so i want to do something about it. also it seems like a pretty good idea anyways

right now I allow connection through a tor hs only for both the ssh server and rutorrent because of the nat-punching abilities and because i already have tor connected 99% of the time anyway, so i figure some kind of shut-off could be based on that

tl;dr: how hard would it be to write a script that tells rtorrent to pause all traffic if tor doesn't say that it is connected, and then start seeding and stuff again once the connection is fine? i have no real programming experience

NO IM NOT TORRENTING OVER TOR AND THIS IS NOT A QUESTION ABOUT TORRENTING OVER TOR ONLY SSH TRAFFIC AND THE WEB UI IS GOING OVER TOR
>>
What's the best free hypervisor software?
>>
>>60826481
All of my wat on this on here
Explain cause you're in retard range with this post
>>
>>60826887
I have an external hard drive that I installed an os on so I can dual boot it.
I'd like to use it as a usb instead but idk if it's possible.
>>
>>60826921
>use it as a usb
What do you mean
>>
>>60826932
instead of accessing the files from dual booting into the other os i have installed on it i'd like to just access the files from plugging it into any computer like you would a flash drive.
>>
>>60826956
What is preventing you from doing exactly this?
In windows you most likely need something that will allow you to read ext4 filesystems.And in linux you just need ntfs support in your kernel
Just mount them per normal
>>
>>60826128
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>60824291
bump
>>
Installed a windows drive on my linux machine for Visual Studio. Realised I didn't give the windows partition enough free space to install VS.

Anyone help?
>>
>>60827022
extend partition
>>
>>60825125
make distclean
./configure LIBS="-lm"
make

looks like you might be in for a wild ride
http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gtkada/2014-September/004487.html
http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gtkada/2016-August/004622.htm
>>
File: Screenshot_440.png (117KB, 1586x878px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_440.png
117KB, 1586x878px
>>60827073
Disk Management isn't allowing me to shrink the Mac partition at all. There's currently 0 free space.
>>
>>60827106

http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/20/resize-partitions-in-mac-os-x-with-disk-utility/
>>
What are the causes for PC slowdown over time?
>>
File: 1496475000192.jpg (42KB, 397x561px) Image search: [Google]
1496475000192.jpg
42KB, 397x561px
My smartphone's battery charges are lasting less and less. This means the battery's lifespan is about to end doesn't it. What should I do? Get a new smartphone? Buy a new battery?
>>
safest way to buy pro membership without bitcoin? only need it for like a month
>>
File: D3y4G.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
D3y4G.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
Is there a way to disable this lock screen cover? I just want to go directly to the login screen.
>>
So I plugged in and formatted an external HDD in a USB enclosure. The enclosure has no power switch. How do I safely shut down the HDD in Wangblows 7?
>>
>>60827843
This could be a battery calibration issue, if you charge it to 100% and discharge to 0% it will recalibrate. But yes, physical battery capacity does degrade over time and use.
Solution: If you like your current phone (or can't afford a new one) get a replacement battery. Otherwise, get a new phone.
>>
>>60827912
Nevermind. I'm retarded. For posterity;
>Device manager
>Safely eject hardware
>USB mass storage device
>>
>>60827237
bloat
fragmentation
>>
File: 1496806824160.jpg (36KB, 451x520px) Image search: [Google]
1496806824160.jpg
36KB, 451x520px
gddr5 16G ram vs ddr4 16G ram wich is better for gayming?
>>
>>60827237
Video games.
>>
>>60828091
Hydrogen or oxygen, which is better for drinking?
>>
File: 1488673014402.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488673014402.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
>>60828091
N-Nani?
The first is GPU RAM, and a shitload of it, while the second is a reasonable amount of CPU RAN.
>>
>>60827926
How much does a replacement battery cost? Where can I buy one? Is iy less efficient than a "normal" battery? Im using a Moto G3 if thats relevant.
>>
>>60828122
>>60828131
i-i dont follow...
>>
Holy fuck, I need to save a pdf from my email so I can upload it somewhere else, but when I save something from Gmail it only saves a link, how do I
>cure my mental retardation
And 2
>save a pdf from Gmail

I've tried looking at labs and I've tried going into "print" and saving from there, no go.
>>
Hello, I don't know much about pc's so any help is greatly appreciated. I having issues with my computer running really slow and freezing when im downloading or installing somethings, it eventually finishes but only after hours of being stuck.
>>
>>60828155
$13, link on ifixit. This should have all the info you need:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+Moto+G+3rd+Generation+Battery+Replacement/60142
Note that it requires dissassembling much of the phone, you probably don't really need all the plastic tools they use though.
>>
File: wat.jpg (11KB, 480x247px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
11KB, 480x247px
I don't understand my old radeon GPU.

Yesterday I play Overwatch, and my GPU temp is at 83c.

Today I play Overwatch, and my GPU temp is a maximum of 69c. Same goes for other games.

I know I'm just going to get a new GPU later this year, but what the hell is this one's problem? Recently dusted it out and reapplied thermal paste, and that did nothing.

Yet some days it'll be extremely cool, and some days it won't be. I set the fans at the same fan speed when I test these temperatures.
>>
What is the best website that converts youtube links into audio files? I don't want to download a program to do it.
>>
>>60828383
just download a program to do it
>>
>>60828339
Thanks. What smartphone would you recommend me if I want to prioritize nothing but price and resistance?
>>
File: 1473131712894.jpg (49KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
1473131712894.jpg
49KB, 930x585px
I'm racking my head over some used hardware situation I've got going on /g/.

My current """""nas""""" at my house is an old(er) i3 I requisitioned from one of my old jobs. It handles Nextcloud and Plex like a champ, but doesn't really have the resources for proper virtualization, which is what I'd like to do. Docker this, Docker that.

There happen to be, a lot of old xeon rack servers on ebay for purchase with way more ram and way more cores at my disposal than any old Desktop can provide, with easily upgradable storage options, some come with nearly ten HDD bays.

Thing is... does a slightly newer i3 beat an old fart xeon?

I've also had the idea of just souping up the i3 as much as possible. The most expensive 1155 i7 isn't that bad, and I can upgrade the ram up to 32gb, but factoring in a Raid card for the sata ports and a new case to hold the hard drives makes it more expensive than the xeons.

Whatever am I to do?

Decisions decisions, /g/.
>>
>>60828726
Hard to say without knowing the models to compare, but the xeon will certainly suck a lot more power.
>>
My Early 2009 iMac stopped booting. It shows this screen briefly and then powers off. It runs patched Sierra since it's officially EOL. Apple's support site recommends booting to recovery and reinstalling, but nothing happens when I hold cmd+r to boot to recovery.
>>
>>60828494
I'm not sure, you could ask on the /spg/ thread.
>>
>>60826208
anyone?
>>
I recently started using the email app on my phone and a dedicated client on my desktop. When I delete an email either from phone or desktop, both from inbox and recycle bin how can i make it so that its removed in the other application? I remember reading imap did this automatically
>>
/g/ wiki is down, so can you lads tell me how I should be encrypting my wifi passwords and shit like that with my router/modem? I just moved into my first apartment and have never had my own before. By default it uses WPA2, is that good? Or should I be using WEP or something else?
>>
>>60829150
WPA2 is fine
WEP is not
>>
>>60829150
WPA2 is secure. WEP is not.
>>
>>60829899
>delete post
>>
I'm 20, unintelligent, and lazy. I know shit about computers besides what you pick up being a /v/irgin. Is it too late for me to be anything but a Poojeet tier code monkey?
>>
>>60824291
newegg, amazon, or micro center personally
>>
>>60829929
Never. As long as you invest time and focus, you'll get it. Once you get it, you get it.
>>
File: 516CL5AVKVL._SL1500_.jpg (35KB, 408x500px) Image search: [Google]
516CL5AVKVL._SL1500_.jpg
35KB, 408x500px
>>60829952
Where do I start? Pic possibly related.
>>
File: Cirno.full.750443.jpg (232KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cirno.full.750443.jpg
232KB, 637x800px
>>60829999
THE STRONGEST LANGUAGE
>>
>>60828091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbgvzVgfoSc
>>
File: hwmonitor.png (34KB, 454x930px) Image search: [Google]
hwmonitor.png
34KB, 454x930px
Is there something wrong here?
>>
File: The_Saddest.jpg (191KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Saddest.jpg
191KB, 500x500px
>>60830022
Please serious answers.
>>
>>60828383
keepvid is a good site, but I highly recommend downloading Jdownloader2. I know it's annoying to download something but it's way better in the long run.
>>
How to dispose of electronic waste? I have an old computer, cables and power adapters, hard drives, old ear/headphones, lamps, and a couple other things that i'd like to get rid of. I'm not sure how to feasibly do it. Can I recycle computers and electronics without paying some kind of fee?
>>
>>60830997
>black bags
>landfill
>no electronics senor is just household garbage
>>
I'm finally deciding to get into some actual privacy protection and I've been researching some VPN's.

Are they a good way to go or is a proxy better?
>>
File: 1496195300574.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496195300574.gif
2MB, 540x540px
Is the future ANSI or ISO?
>>
>>60823364
I've got a project for a class. It's creating a front-end for a database. The professor suggested PHP. I've never used PHP, is is feasable to learn enough PHP to create a couple of forms that would allow me to create, update, and delete data from a database?

Alternatively I can use Access to create a front end but that just seems too easy.
>>
>>60831220
Thats like basic php 101
>>
My front panel jack distorts in windows but not when I test it with Realtek HD Audio Manager.
I have no idea why this is happening.

Whenever a sound is replayed, it starts at a lower volume and then it distorts with a volume increase. Again, this doesn't happen in the realtek hd program, in which I can test the audio configs.

>WIN 10
>Realtek HD Audio ALC1220

Pls help, :(
>>
>>60831347
Terrific. So W3schools is a good starting place then? I've got 5 days.
>>
>>60824406
Future hint, Pulseaudio uses the alsa kernel API directly.
Alsa has 2 components, one is the actual kernel driver, other is the user space binary.
Pulse uses the driver directly. Most people fuck up things by configuring user space alsa, which is wrong.
Aka don't touch alsa if you use pulseaudio, aka most distros. Tweak pulseaudio.
>>
>>60828383
Youtubedlg if you need a gui
>>
>>60831411
It's working now, I re-installed the audio driver
>>
I've been putting in a lot of hours at work for the past 2 weeks and im starting to get major headaches from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep

I'm convinced it's because I'm spending 12+ hours a day on my computer, but I can't do much about it right now. Does anyone know of a specific supplement or something that can help counteract this

I can get by with taking Tylenol but I don't think its healthy to take them everyday and it wouldn't be solving whatever my body is doing
>>
>>60832044
low dose caffeine.
>>
When uninstalling Linux on a dual boot with Windows system should I delete the Linux partition first or repair the Windows bootloader first?
>>
File: 20170609_202601.jpg (158KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_202601.jpg
158KB, 768x1280px
Found these switches on the back of my computer. What do they mean?
>>
anyone having trouble loading recaptcha on their vpn?
>>
Why does a LG G6 H870 cost about 100 dollarydoos more than a LG G6 H870DS?

I can mostly only find less features for the DS, not more.

The only thing I can find that the DS loses out on is it can't reach 1900MHz 4g frequencies. Unsure how significant this is for signal strength. Don't think it's the hugest deal outside of rural areas but I might be wrong.

I live in Australia, is there any reason saving the $100 and getting the H870DS would be retarded?
>>
>>60833169
Less features for the non-DS, that is.
>>
File: tQvOkUo.jpg (70KB, 960x542px) Image search: [Google]
tQvOkUo.jpg
70KB, 960x542px
>>60823364

How often should you clean a desktop pc's innards? How should you do it?

What should you do with a laptop?
>>
>>60832502
In my experience, removing linux will cause your computer to fail its next boot and then its a pain to fix the boot sector. Might want to try fixing the boot so that windows will load by default and skip the linux boot stuff.
>>
4chanx suddenly broken for anyone else? The options frame keeps popping up every time I change page and turning on oneechan breaks the thread watcher
>>
>>60832727
Possibly to control the fans?
>>
>>60833212
CLOSED.CANT REPRODUCE
>>
File: New-Aurora.jpg (124KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
New-Aurora.jpg
124KB, 1920x1440px
I want to learn programming but I want to learn it on Windows because Linux fucking sucks. Any tutorials online for programming on Windows?
>>
>>60833320
nigga what are u talking about

very few things in programming are OS specific (and 99% of them are C related), you can look at any fucking tutorial in the world just get an ide and compiler for your operating system
>>
>>60832044
might be from eye strain. maybe lower the brightness on your monitor or get those faggity looking computer glasses? not sure if either would help but I'm somewhat confident you headaches are coming from eye strain.
>>
>>60823364
>windows wants to update to creator's
FUCK. If I let it do the update can I just roll it back like I could with the anniversary one?
>>
>>60833320
>Any tutorials online for programming on Windows?
Yes literally any programing tutorial. Programming isn't OS specific (the programs you make can be though).

People tell you to learn programming on Linux because it's easy to setup a programming environment on it (normally most distros come already setup to develop code since lots of things are compiled by source). For windows you'll have to do more downloading and installing at first to set things up but that's all.
>>
>>60828847
sure the hdd is ok?
>>
>>60828847
have you ever used recovery before? older imacs had security settings on by default to prevent old backdoors (you could literally change peoples passwords from recovery)

take one of the ram sticks out and then boot it, and then put it back in and boot it again. try cmd+r and there should be no reason that it doesnt work

generally speaking that symbol means hard drive/boot issues, could either be bad hard drive, sata cable, or your OS got fucked somehow. but it still should be able to go into recovery
>>
File: 81E3jU19NYL._SL1500_.jpg (110KB, 1500x991px) Image search: [Google]
81E3jU19NYL._SL1500_.jpg
110KB, 1500x991px
Pic related is my mouse.
The battery on it is terrible so I always use it wired. The problem is the wire for it was really bulky so I bought another wire, but even that wire I get way more drag than a typical mouse.

Are there any like ultra lightweight microusb cables? Even the thin ones look too bulky to be comfortable.

I dont really wanna stick one of those wire managing things to my desk either.

Any Idea?
>>
Using any linux distro I will constantly be losing my network connection until I reconnect to the network.
I'd buy a new wifi dongle but
>Muh shekels
>>
>>60833742
have you tried manually installing a driver for your doongie instead of using the auto installed linux drivers for your dingdong?
>>
Shall i go for 5400rpm for a media(local and streaming) or would the needed seek time warrent 7200?
>>
>>60833766
have a 5400 1 tb in my home server and haven't had an issue with seeking ~5-10GB movies so far. I imagine if you download 40 GB movies you might have an issue
>>
>>60827237
driver problems and too many USB devices
>>
>>60823364
Does windows update installation require an internet connection after it finishes downloading and asks if you want to do a restart now or later?
>>
File: w.jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
157KB, 800x600px
What are some good music visualizations in 2017?

Is milkdrop STILL the best one, after 16 years?
>>
>>60833928
None,get that 90's shit out of here
>>
>>60833867
>Does windows update installation require an internet connection after it finishes downloading and asks if you want to do a restart now or later?

Yes, it needs for phone home to the Five Eyes about your 1 TB loli collection for future use.
>>
>>60833955
2001 is not 90s. I'm impressed that it's still the best there is.
>>
My MOBO can only support 3 SATA internal HDDs, is there a way to connect more via an adapter or something?
>>
>>60833990
pci card
>>
I'm trying to figure out what all this extra data my zune adds to mp3s so i can attempt to do something with it on linux.
https://pastebin.com/2P7RiFFs
I have no idea what it is or even were to start though. These private headers just seemed like a good place to do it.
>>
is a 500 error: internal server error a problem on the website I'm trying to reaches part or error on my side?
>>
>>60834046
Thats a webhost problem
>>
>>60833763
I've tried a few times but I guess it doesn't hurt to try again.

How is ethernet through powerline? I think this would be my last resort if I have to destroy this adapter.
>>
I keep getting screen tearing on youtube but I never noticed it before
Is my GPU kicking the bucker or what?
>>
File: 1.jpg (16KB, 720x89px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16KB, 720x89px
do you guys have any experience with this "usually ships 1 to 2 month"?
is it a meme? or it really takes 2 fucking months?
if theres a better board to ask that kind of question, please redirect me
>>
>>60834073
It all depends on how well the copper in your house was managed when it was built.
If its more then 10-15 youll most likely have problems with signal strength and attenuation
>>
>>60834158
i bought the worst phone case i could find on amazon as a joke and had that shipping estimate. Came in 1 month.

So if you need it right away I wouldn't assume its going to be there sooner
>>
File: 1397964332928.gif (2MB, 190x300px) Image search: [Google]
1397964332928.gif
2MB, 190x300px
Set up a Plex server at a buddies house, today he said he received a notice from his ISP for Kong, which was downloaded roughly 6 hours ago.

Deluge is setup to encrypt the entire stream, and uses PIA SOCKS5 proxy for everything.

So either someone else in their house downloaded Kong, or I fucked up and something isn't working right. I'm skeptical that a copyright notice made it to their mail 6 hours after it was downloaded.

Any input?
>>
>>60834303
Why are you using socks? Use openvpn
You're leaking somewhere
>>
There's a Vostro 260 i5-2400 being sold near me for $60, and all of my computers right now are Core 2 Duo era. Should I buy it?
>>
I have a 64 gig microSD that I need in fat32. I'm on Windows, so I can't format it.
Is ease-giveusyouremail-US good or should I try something else? Something that doesn't need a trip to 10minmail.
>>
>>60834597
Why not. It'd be a huge upgrade (more than twice as good as the best C2D)
>>
>>60823364
Whats better? 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz?
>>
After a fully updated Windows 10 installation how many GB should it take up?
>>
>>60834715
>inb4 gaymen fag go bak 2 /v/
Never been there, dont plan on it anytime soon.
>>
I have a 4,800 sq foot house. Right now for WiFi I have the router/AP that came with veirzon fios and two of the shittiest range extenders you can buy. As you can probably tell its shit. Whats the best way to get full coverage and revamp the whole thing for around $200? I was looking at google wifi but muh botnet
>>
Where can I download apks off paid apps other than the play store?
>>
File: pz4f1Cg[1].jpg (7KB, 892x52px) Image search: [Google]
pz4f1Cg[1].jpg
7KB, 892x52px
I'm trying to make a torrent for a few friends but i'm not able to seed it.

I can find peers but they cant find me.

The port that i've set in qbit is open both TCP and UDP.

I used a bunch of public trackers for the torrent, is that whats causing it?

Please help.
>>
>>60834851
have you port forwarded your incoming port in your router?
>>
File: Zs8rQFw[1].jpg (8KB, 333x103px) Image search: [Google]
Zs8rQFw[1].jpg
8KB, 333x103px
>>60834900
This port is open.

It doesnt work if i use UPnP/NAT-PMP either
>>
Is force noscript captcha working for anyone using 4chan-x?

It always says you mistyped the captcha or it malfunctioned when I do it.
>>
File: h3FCVuq[1].jpg (9KB, 376x256px) Image search: [Google]
h3FCVuq[1].jpg
9KB, 376x256px
>>60834924
>>
If I buy a ebook online is there a way to send it to my kindle?
>>
File: 1469847312107.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469847312107.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Between the Asus VG248QE and BenQ Zowie XL2411 the contrast ratio is 80:1 and 12:1
Other than that they seem to have the same specifications despite being somewhat the same price.

Isn't 80:1 way more desirable and if so why would anyone ever recommend the BenQ monitor? Is there something obvious I am missing?
>>
File: fuckingreally.png (3KB, 530x201px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingreally.png
3KB, 530x201px
what the fuck man
t. Never used non-debian before
>>
>>60835054
sudo chown -R jack:users Downloads/fsw2
>>
File: makepkgadvpt2.png (4KB, 534x302px) Image search: [Google]
makepkgadvpt2.png
4KB, 534x302px
>>60835115
At least now it's attempting, thank you sir.
>>
>>60835115
>>60835145
binary stripping error wa solved by installing binutils and gcc
>>
File: makepkgadvpt3.png (1KB, 403x55px) Image search: [Google]
makepkgadvpt3.png
1KB, 403x55px
3 errors in a row, what a day
>>
>>60835047
Figure out what 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio means first
>>
Should u be concerned about cooling in a H440? I was recently gifted this case by a friend (brand new) but I've been aware of the iffy "air-flow." Seems like some people have a good experience, others don't. I was planning on getting some Noctua Nf fans by the end of the year if that helps
>>
>>60834613
>I'm on Windows, so I can't format it.
>microSD
Nigger you can easily format that to fat32. What you need is a microsd card reader.
>>
>>60835232
It doesn't have the option to format it when I insert and right-click it. I need a program or something.
>>
Do I need 16gbs of ram to stream properly?
>>
>>60835347
obviously it doesn't because the file format it's currently on is invisible on Windows because it's not fucking exFAT or NTFS or that stupid new format windows 10 is going to use
>>
>>60835435
Windows doesn't care what format the drive currently is.
>>
>>60835435
It's exFAT. I want to format it to fat32, but it has no option for it natively.
>>
>>60835397
no
>>
>>60835183
read the wiki, you're not supposed to build AUR packages without first installing base-devel
>>
>>60835218
I've looked it up. What is your point?
>>
>>60835492
If the drive's over 32GB windows won't let you do FAT32 from explorer, need a different tool http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/format-fat32-drives-beyond-32gb-limit/
>>
>>60835779
dynamic contrast is total bullshit, ignore it
>>
>>60835779
The 80000000 number means literally nothing for normal use.
>>
>>60835792
>>60835802
But if they're otherwise the same 80 > 12 so... right? I genuinely don't see how having better blacks is total bullshit.

>normal use
So when would it be useful?
>>
>>60835853
>So when would it be useful?
advertising

note that higher dynamic contrast doesn't always mean higher real contrast, it's the real contrast that matters, check that
>>
>>60823364
Is there a program that can detect the a couple images and determine if they are the same, then delete the copys?
>>
File: 1494043895706s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494043895706s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>horde of idiot questions coming, warning

hey, i'm looking to get more secure with all my shit. for now, and the foreseeable future, i've got two mac laptops. in the future i want to build a pc and use some form of unix.

>how much would i have to spend to get a decent pc?
I won't be gaming; the most intensive thing i'll probably be using is adobe suite programs.

>how do i learn terminal/cmd prompt?
i have experience with programming langs but have never been too comfy using command prompts

>i want to be able to make small programs/scripts to do shit that there isn't a suitable app for yet. what would be the language to learn for this?

>what should i do to make my mac more secure overall?

>best best practice tip?
>>
>>60836370
I used duplicate file finder and it does the job for the most part, as long as it's mainly pictures you're looking at duplicates for and if they're the same file type. There's probably better ones, though with a price.
>>
>>60835853
It's never useful. Dynamic contrast looks like ass, and if they're not telling you the actual static contrast (usually between 400:1 and 2000:1 depending on panel type), you've got nothing to compare with.
>>
File: Whatwillhappen.jpg (19KB, 282x148px) Image search: [Google]
Whatwillhappen.jpg
19KB, 282x148px
How can I hide my C and F drives in this "safely remove hardware and eject media" thingy?
Also what would happen if I accidentally click on my C drive, would my computer just turn off?
>>
>>60836505
do you have a link to it, so many gross links
>>
>>60836427
>want to build a pc and use some form of unix.
>be using is adobe suite programs
heh, good luck

>how much would i have to spend to get a decent pc?
$300-$500 depends...

>how do i learn terminal/cmd prompt?
by using it

>i want to be able to make small programs/scripts to do shit that there isn't a suitable app for yet. what would be the language to learn for this?
python

>what should i do to make my mac more secure overall?
nothing, mac os is secure

>best best practice tip?
to do what?
>>
>>60836592
Sadly no as I don't remember where exactly I got it from.
>>
Hi faggies. I need a GPU. I want to spend around 300$. Should I buy a 8GB RX 580 or should I wait for the vega series? There will be any card around that price? And how much would I have to wait?
>>
>>60836878
vega will be out your price range
rx580 will not be on stock for a long while because of cryptocoin mining
gtx1060 6GB is your best bet now
>>
>>60836914
The 580 is is stock here in my country.
I can't buy a 1060 because I need freesync.
>>
What device do I need to buy in order to transfer files between a phone with usb-c and a laptop with usb-a?
Is it even possible anymore or is WiFi the only way?
>>
>>60836937
Take it now!
This moment, MSI gaming is the good one!
>>
why are there so many like new logitech g600 mouses for sale? is that model faulty?
>>
>>60836943
usb a to usb c cable
phone likely had it bundled in
but I would not bother, wifi is the more comfortable way if you are not retard and can make shares for writing
>>
>>60836558
>How can I hide my C and F drives in this "safely remove hardware and eject media" thingy?
Look in BIOS setup to see if there's a way to flag those SATA ports as non-removable.
>Also what would happen if I accidentally click on my C drive, would my computer just turn off?
You'll get an error saying it didn't eject since it's still in use.
>>
/g/, I'm having issues setting up my ChromeCast (first generation).

It's up and running and I can see it on the TV and all, however when I try to connect to it (the ChromeCast access point) in order to set it up the WiFi signal icon on my phone has an exclamation mark, and Google Home can't find any devices.

Wat do?
>>
>>60836966
The MSI one is not available. Also, it's 270$. Should I go for it?
>>
>>60823364
Here's an example of my question its better than me trying to describe it.

Do I:
int main()
{
if(check() == 0)
{
do shit
return 0;
}

else if(some shit)
{
do some other shit
return 0;
}
return 1; <<< this way
}

Or do I:
int main()
{
if(some shit == shit)
{
do shit
return 0;
}

else if(some other shit == shit)
{
do other shit
return 0;
}
else
return 1; <<< vs this way
}

I don't see any different behavior when I do it either way, and one looks better. So outside of situations where I'm not just returning some shit why would I ever use an else?
>>
File: 1405453675071.jpg (17KB, 411x292px) Image search: [Google]
1405453675071.jpg
17KB, 411x292px
are simple ban evasions possible when you are a pass user?
Asking this for a friend
>>
My internet is fine in terms of ping and speed when I test it but it's slow as fuck to load websites and can't maintain connections in programs like skype and games. What the hell is going on?

Like right now I had to try 5 times to connect to the captcha service because it kept failing.
>>
>>60837125
As you suspect it is the same in that case. However it may surprise you that there are many other cases that are not the same as that one where else is useful. If you have more than one outcome you could use a switch statement even. It's mostly down to picking one and being consistant
>>
>>60837100
Which one is available?
and for $270 in non us its fine price if you need gpu

check some cryptocurrency mining and you might get the price of the card + electricity back in first 4 months...
>>
>>60837158
Thanks, makes sense.
>>
>>60837125
I like
if (x)
return a;

if (y)
return b;

return c;
>>
File: feel.jpg (41KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
41KB, 535x577px
Hey /g/, I didn't where to ask this so I came here.

My headset renders "s" sounds in dialogue very loud on certain sources. There are video files (or games) where it's normal, but on other when characters/actors talk and pronounce an "s" it's sort of loud and is an inconvenience.

Is there a way to fix this or mitigate this ? It could just be a setting in the sound card driver, or codecs or something, right?

It's hard to explain, but it's just in certain video files when people pronounce S it's an horrible sound. Or am I just crazy? Because looking on google they say it's a mental disease or something like that.

Please help me, /g/, I want it to be a sound setting and not me being crazy.
>>
>>60837147
just change your ip and clear the cookies breh
>>
Windows keep un-activating. I do Microsoft toolkit but after like a month it says windows is not genuine.... why
>>
>>60837248
>I do Microsoft toolkit
This is why.
Stop being a nigger and pay for the software.
>>
>>60837248
>why
Probably because it's not genuine.
>>
>>60837254
>paying for the botnet
>>
>>60837254
>paying for ads and being spied on
|
|>
|
|
>>
>>60837271
>>60837277
>muh videogames!!11
wrong board buddy
>>
>>60837283
What? No one mentioned video games
>>
>>60837169
The 8GB Nitro+.

Also, I could try, but I never done anything like this. Just buying/selling. Never mined any coin. Are you talking about ethereum?
>>
>>60837283
Do the society a favour and kill yourself.
>>
>>60837295
saphire nitro is good
and I dunno what crypto is now popular
I know I saw mentioning of ethereum and dash
>>
so push or pull fan in radiator if i can only have one?
>>
>>60837377
depends on the type of radiator
>>
>>60837377
push
>>
>>60837409
water cooling, 45 mm deep. also got any recommendations for a 92mm fan with high static pressure?
>>
Any R users here?
Can I do some type of try/catch or try/except mechanisms in R?
I want to try and do something like this:
try (my_function())
if successful, continue
if not successful, do something else

Sorry for the shitty pseudocode, I'm obviously not big on these things.
>>
>>60837277
Why would you even use it in the first place if you're concerned by telemetry?
Just use a free as in freedom OS, problem solved. Also it's free so no need for hustling or stupid shit like that.
>>
How do i install a GVLK key for windows 7 ultimate?
>>
pc -> audio interface -> speakers

how to eliminate the buzzing... it increases when I run programs/cpu intensive stuff
>>
>>60837869
sounds like you just got dirty power senpai

http://audiophile.rocks/best.html
>>
Anyone else having an issue with embedded Youtube videos not having their titles show up in 4chanX?
>>
what are the /g/ recommend disk imaging software nowadays? is it still win32diskimager?
>>
File: Capture.png (45KB, 310x112px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45KB, 310x112px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHhf6cY7ueQ
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 205x90px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 205x90px
>>60837988
I can see the title, but i can't embed it....
>>
I'm finally upgrading my mom's old windows XP computer.

I'm thinking I'll buy Windows 10 Home instead of Pro. Would I regret it? Or do you think Windows 10 Home would be fine?
>>
best resource on spanning tree protocol ? as fast as possible, less details the better
>>
File: P_20170610_204608_1.jpg (2MB, 3120x1654px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170610_204608_1.jpg
2MB, 3120x1654px
I get an 'Error performing inpage operation' whenever I execute the setup file for NBA 2k. What gives? I just wanna play some basketball vidya, man.
>>
File: Eyebrows.png (223KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrows.png
223KB, 355x500px
Is whocrashed a decent program? I mostly want something easy to pinpoint a BSOD reason for retards.
>>
>>60838226
Your mother should disown you if you buy and/or install windows 10 pro/home aka. "don't even dream of disabling telemetry dumb goy" editions.

Either go enterprise of gnu+linux.
>>
>wudfsvc
Does this service usually eat around 200+MB of RAM?
>>
>>60836683
thanks anon
>>
What is the best cheap (or free) vpn so I can Netflix library of another country.
>>
>>60838570
>-take at least 10 seconds checking your problem with a search engine

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fix+error+performing+inpage+operation

First result if you just typed the error into google
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (241KB, 690x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
241KB, 690x1134px
so my pc has been gulping up memory resources like no ones business lately.

windows 10
8gb ddr3

just having firefox open uses up half a gb-1gb or memory. i have no clue why all these other programs require so much. sometimes it's at 98% usage and my pc crawls, nothing short of a restart will fix this. on boot, I'm seeing as high as 35% usage out the gate.
>>
>>60839023
>i have no clue why all these other programs require so much.

They don't. Windows utilizes your free RAM to cache data and speed up disk access, like it should.

also
>2017
>using 32bit FF on 64bit systems
>>
Does 60 fps look worse on a 144hz monitor than with a 60hz?
>>
So I bought myself a G4560, but i still dont have the money to afford a decent GPU, since b250m aren't really cheap mobos.

So i'm good with my old ATi HD4850, or should i stick with the onboard graphics?
>>
>>60837155
pls help
>>
>>60839171
if the monitor is set to 60Hz it will look the same
if you play 60fps video at 144Hz it will look worse, as 144 isn't a mulitple of 60
>>
>>60839468
Does freesync fix this if I can't reach 144fps all the time?
>>
Best video player for linux?
>>
>>60839633
memepv
>>
Could plugging a charger into an outlet when the phone is already connected to the charger cause any damage to the phone? Is that any different than connecting the phone to the charger after it's been plugged into the outlet?
>>
>>60839919
no.
>>
I'm tying to flash Helios ROM onto an old Tesco Hudl but everytime I use RKAndroidTool to try and flash it it just says "download failed" and then tablet is bricked until I erase the IDB. The fuck is going on?
>>
File: 1446056120630.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446056120630.gif
395KB, 500x500px
Good tutorials to explain LibreOffice Calc functions? i assume Excel would work too, but god damn all the tutorials i come across are painful to watch.
>>
What's the current state of iOS jailbreaking?
>>
>>60840649
Just as cucked as you were be if that was your girlfriend. Attention whores don't stick to one man. Not enough satisfaction
>>
If I return an item I bought directly from Amazon (new, but no longer shrinkwrapped), can they refuse the refund?
>>
I'm building a PC with a gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 5 1600 and 3 fans. What kind of PSU's will be stable with this? Perhaps a little room for upgrading aswell.
I know nothing about power supplies.

I'm going full jew mode trying to spend as little as possible while getting enough to make sure it's smooth with no issues.
>>
>>60841073

>going full jew mode
>GTX1060
>Ryzen

Nigger what are you doing.
>>
So I fucked up. Coolant got into my motherboard. Cleaning up the pcb will be easy with iso alcohol and a q-tip but coolant got into the pcie slots and in some pin headers. How do I clean those? Q-tip is too big to reach the dried sticky coolant. Although i can live without those I'd rather it not fry
>>
>>60841143
Put the whole thing in a bowl of iso alcohol and just slush it back and forth a little
>>
File: banned.jpg (148KB, 1010x565px) Image search: [Google]
banned.jpg
148KB, 1010x565px
I have an 8TB external im gonna use for backing up files, mostly large.

Should I keep it as an exFat or NTFS?
if either, should I go with a larger allocation unit size? like max it out? most of my files are large, nothing really smaller than 5mb
>>
>>60841265
highest NTFS is 64kb, largest exfat is 32768kb

why such a huge difference?
>>
>>60841265
made me realize i haven't been banned in ages
>>
how the hell do i delete individual cookies in the new chrome 59?
>>
>>60841289
possibly an artifact of exfat being far newer than ntfs
>>
>>60839633
mpv + svp
>>
>>60841318
so why does exfat have such a huge allocation size?

and what should I go with?
>>
>>60837233
it's called sibilance and you need to EQ and/or stop buying headsets. It happens mostly with high hats or words with the S in it specifically female vocals. It could be a driver effect as well that needs to be turned off which is why it happens only sometimes.

You should feel bad for buying a headset
>>
>>60841265
larger allocation units can help performance with large sequential transfers
>>60841289
32768k is pretty high, i'd probably go with 128k-512k for large-ish file storage

smaller units means less overhead, but more operations/metadata
for example, storing a 1.2M file with 512k allocation units means the file will take up 1.5M of space, but only requires 3 operations to be made to the filesystem
while with 4k unit size (ntfs default, last i checked), you waste less than 4k over the 1.2M, but it requires 308 operations
>>
>>60841428
>>60841388
(keep in mind these operations can be cached and queued by the operating system, so the number of them doesn't always have a big impact on performance)

though if you know you're not going to waste much space with a bigger one (storing only large files), then you might as well
>>
File: 1422600147671.gif (968KB, 430x241px) Image search: [Google]
1422600147671.gif
968KB, 430x241px
I'm trying to create a hackintosh.
Where do I find a copy of MacOS X?
I don't have access to any MAC.
Are those VM images on TPB safe?
>>
I just bought all the PC parts for the first one I'm going to build myself. What's the easiest/cheapest way to get windows 10 for it? I'm not getting an optical drive
>>
Would it be possible, let alone practical, to implement OOP functionality in C using asm()?
>>
>>60841696
ask your mac-owning friend to download and burn you a dvd/usb.
>>
>>60841936
>ask your mac-owning friend to download and burn you a dvd/usb.
As I said I don't have any access.
>>
>>60842030
Why did you not have an iso downloaded and ready before you started this?
>>
File: 1449038945776.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449038945776.gif
2MB, 500x500px
yo im getting mixed answers on google on whether a vga to dvi adapter will add latency or fuck with the quality, anyone that can help me with this and while you're at it can you link me some amazon links for active adapters or something like that? my monitor only has vga and im thinking about buying a gpu
>>
>>60842065
I'm asking now.
>>
>>60842105
wat
>>
Sometimes my hard drive starts making sounds almost of like static crackling. It's done this for the two years that I have had it and no tests I've tried ever find any problems with it. Should I be worried about it or is this one just noisy?
>>
File: 1440375301083.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440375301083.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Anyone know what the command lines are for encoding webm's for 4chan?
>>
>>60842254
That's just the sound of the head swinging around a bunch, possibly caused by fragmentation but not a big issue. The click of death is more of a single stronger click with a repeating pattern as the head resets itself after a read failure.
>>
>>60842356
-an -c:v libvpx -fs 2.90M -quality best -lag-in-frames 16 -pass 2 -auto-alt-ref 1 -f webm
Adjust -crf # -b:v 3 -vf scale=#:# to flavor
>>
>>60842356
ffmpeg - -i X.mp4 -n -an -sn -c:v libvpx -f webm -b:v 500K -bufsize 1000k -vf scale=-1:360 -vf fps=25 -preset ultrafast -qcomp 1 -crf 28 -quality good -auto-alt-ref 0 -qmin 10 -qmax 42 -movflags +faststart -fs 1.9M "Y.webm"
>>
>>60842410
>>60842428
hella thanks y'all
>>
>>60842493
>hella
>y'all
I'm so conflicted right now
>>
What ports are typically used for video chat, such as through Facebook Video Chat?
>>
>>60842410
>-fs 2.90M
Won't this cut the video?
>>
anyone got the magnet link for dazs loader window pls?
>>
>>60842428
>-fs 1.9M
why tho
>>
>>60842628
/b/ I assume
>>
>>60842628
This
>>60842657
>>
What happens if someone has a certificate for a website and the ownership of the site changes while the certificate is still valid?
>>
>>60824258
Sounds like you're asking for help too early
>>
Boys, what the hell do I do? I woke up this morning and turned my computer on only to find that I can't connect to the internet. The little icon in my system tray claims I'm connected to an unidentified network and have no internet access. I ran the network diagnostics tool to see what that would tell me, and it says ""Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration". Tried restarting the router and it says the same thing.

TCP/IPv4 is currently set to obtaining IP addresses and DNS servers automatically, ipconfig /all tells me that under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection* 9 DHCP is enabled. The troubleshooting report tells me the following when I create a detailed report:
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

If I include the whole thing I go over the character limit so let me know if I need to post the whole thing. When I go to the device manager and check on the items listed under Network adapters, both the Citrix Virtual Adapter and RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller claim they work properly. I'm typing this up on my laptop currently so I don't have the ipconfig /all information on the affected computer handy, but I'm seeing a lot of "media disconnected" listed. Would that have anything to do with this?

For clarification, I'm running Windows 7 on a "wired" connection. My ethernet cable is plugged into one of those wireless ethernet adapter devices. I've been using it for about a week now and it was working flawlessly before this morning. After restarting my router I also restarted my computer to see if that would do the trick but it didn't change anything. I've tried googling around but I'm seeing that other people's DHCP is disabled, or they did not have it set so IP addresses/DNS servers would be obtained automatically, so I'm not sure how relevant the help they received would be to me.
>>
>>60842772
Less blog post, more technical details plz
>>
>>60833194
>desktop
Usually when you notice a temp increase. I usually clean ever 2 or 3 months
>laptops
You should always clean after trips with the laptop but other than that same as desktop.
>>
best laptop I can get for $400-450?
>>
>>60842876
second hand t-series thinkpad from ebay
>>
>>60842800
I gave plenty of technical information and other commonly suggested actions and their outcomes if you read the post.
>>
>>60842772
>wireless ethernet adapter
Is that thing still configured correctly?
>>
I have a list of percentages and their prices, but have no idea how to work out which would be the better value
for example, would 120% better performance at $110 be better than 200% better performance at $165?
>>
>>60842966
Yes.

Also never mind, I restarted the router again and now suddenly it's working. Goddamnit. Thank you for your help anyway.
>>
>>60843020
Calculate perf per dollar and compare.
>>
I just want a square-ish monitor that isn't complete fucking shit

Why is this so hard for manufacturers?
>>
Should I invest in UWP development because I have autism and like dead platforms like Xbox one and windows phone and the Vita (not UWP but the point stands)
>>
>>60843123
4:3 is out dated >>>/trash/.
>>
>>60843106
and how would I do that?
Sorry, it's probably simple maths, but I'm pretty sure I'm autistic
>>
>>60843123
Eizo Flexscan EV273*** series
>>
>>60843146
You do 120/110
You do 200/165

You'll get a rough perf per dollar ratio, the higher ratio is the better perf per dollar ratio.
>>
>>60843136
5:4 is also OK

>>60843150
cant afford, it's worth 3x as much as my computer
>>
File: 1496817248320m.jpg (81KB, 1024x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1496817248320m.jpg
81KB, 1024x1022px
1080p CRT of ultrawide 4k
>>
>>60842619
Anyone?
>>
File: pcie.png (12KB, 756x239px) Image search: [Google]
pcie.png
12KB, 756x239px
Someone help me figure this out.

I've got a video card I put into the PCI-E 2.0 slot. Does the information here mean that it's only going to run with the bandwidth of a x4 under normal conditions, and less than that if I have another card in a PCI-E x1 slot?

Also, how can I tell how much bandwidth a video card may use to see if I'm bottlenecking the card by limiting it to x4?
>>
>>60843265
Are you incapable of reading? Your answer is in your post
>>
new thread >>60843338
new thread >>60843338
new thread >>60843338
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.