[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Few questions for a noob building his first pc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20170604_234739.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_234739.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I just got my case in win 303 it's a mid tower case.

I've picked out a lot of my parts, but I'm unsure of a few things.

>PSU
It says ATX12V with a maximum length of of 200mm. Does this mean I can't use an ATX PSU? For wattage I was thinking about going with a 750.

I'll be using an i7-7700t and a gtx 1070. I'll be using one ssd drive and 32gb RAM. I'll also be using air cooling. What wattage would you recommend? Any PSUs? Bonus if it's white to match my build.

>mobo

Havent picked out my mobo yet, but what are some good ones you guys would recommend? Just an ATX that has wifi and bluetooth and works with my CPU is all I need right? Are ATX boards the same size?
>>
>ATX12V
That's the secondary (4 or 8 Pin, 12V) motherboard connector. The length needs to be at least 20cm

>750W
I didn't read anthing about overclocking and SLI, oversized
350W-400W is more than enough. Maybe you to buy a 500W to get the 6/8Pin graphics card connector

ATX defines the size of the motherboard, mATX is smaller but fit's in ATX cases
>>
>>60757796
How could you have picked out a lot of your parts if you don't have a motherboard in mind yet?
>>
>>60757925
Thank you for the response, Ill only be using one graphics card.
>>
>>60758064
https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813132936

I'm leaning towards this one.
>>
>>60758285
Go with a 500W PSU, and make sure it's at least some kind of 80+ rated. Bronze, silver and gold don't matter too much so just go for the cheapest bronze psu.
Since you're not getting an overclockable cpu, get any B250M motherboard that either has wifi and bluetooth, or get one that has enough space and expansion slots for pcie cards that have those features.
Also, why do you want so much ram?
>>
>>60758379
Thanks for the advice. I want a lot of ram because fuck it I have the room for it. And I do a lot of things at once like photoshop and web development.

Can I order the power supply first and see how it fits and if it works good? Is it okay to turn on the computer with just the power supply in it to see if all the leds work in the front if my case?
>>
>>60758536
Won't work unfortunately, as those LEDs all plug into the motherboard.
Even if they plugged into the psu, the on switch also plugs into the mobo.
>>
>>60757925
>350W-400W
i see this meme is still in full effect
>>
>>60758536
ignore the 500W and under posters, go with at least 600W. PSU is the one thing you don't want to skimp on - if it screws up, all is lost. you also shouldn't be running it near full capacity.
>>
>>60758641
Gotcha, there's a lot to learn with this, but I'm having fun. Is there anything I should know about whem picking out a heatsink for the cpu?
>>
>>60758732
You desperately need to go to >>60754225
>>
>>60758881
Cool I'll check that thread out thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.