[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 34

File: 1462998321080.jpg (307KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1462998321080.jpg
307KB, 1280x850px
Well-written and completely reasonable questions thread.

Rather than creating threads for questions that can be answered in max a few replies, post them here.

-take at least 10 seconds to check your problem with a search engine
-post any relevant information (example: if wifi doesn't work in your laptop, post your model, wifi card model and OS) to speed up replies
-don't just bump the thread
-be sure to check /g/ generals for questions in certain topics like gnu/linux, video cards, PC building, headphones etc.
-feel free to cross-link/repost your unanswered questions from the previous thread

old: >>60730258
>>
File: specs.jpg (45KB, 489x368px) Image search: [Google]
specs.jpg
45KB, 489x368px
I don't know if this question is considered too stupid for the PC building thread so I'll ask here too.

So I tried upgrading my power supply and video card yesterday but for some reason the computer wouldn't boot properly. The new parts seemed to power on because the fans were spinning, but all I got was a black screen.

Any idea what I could have been doing wrong? I ended up putting the old parts back and everything still works fine so I presume I didn't break anything, or at least nothing vital. Do you think I just got a faulty PSU, or is it possible there could some other problem? (I'm going to get a different power supply anyway because I'm an idiot and bought a non-modular one, but I'd like to figure out if there's some other issue.)

Here's my current PC. My PSU is a Corsair CX500. The parts I was trying to upgrade to were a Corsair CX750 and a Sapphire R9 390X.

It should also be mentioned that I tried the old graphics card with the new PSU and it still gave me the black screen, which is why I suspect the problem is with the PSU.
>>
hey /g/
so i'm having a dilemma with a program that keeps coming on and off for a second and then just ends every once in a while that is out of my control. I want to know what it is and I'd like to find out if there's a way to make my windows machine take a screenshot whenever an application is open. If not, what's the best way I can make my computer take a screenshot after x amount of time intervals?
>>
File: 1353556091220.gif (613KB, 250x133px) Image search: [Google]
1353556091220.gif
613KB, 250x133px
What are the best alternatives to Windows Deployment Services? We've already tried Symantec Ghost in the past and it didn't fit for us.
I've heard of Serva, is it any good?

I need something that allows me to easily add drivers and programs, WDS takes a while to do.
>>
>>60742241

Use SCCM
>>
>>60742148
>It should also be mentioned that I tried the old graphics card with the new PSU and it still gave me the black screen, which is why I suspect the problem is with the PSU.

sounds like it IS the PSU after all (assuming you connected everything fine). Since it's new, RMA it ASAP.
>>
File: retarded.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
14KB, 300x300px
I have a One Plus One phone running a pretty old version of Cyanogen Mod, the default OS.

My Google Calendar just got spammed full of ads in the form of announcements today. I haven't installed anything new recently except for VimTouch from, F-Droid.

Any idea what that could be about? A virus, or could it be that I clicked some link on a website that put those announcements there? I don't think it can be my Google account because the account tied to this phone is a Hotmail account and so, in the calendar settings it says I can't receive notifications from that email.
>>
>>60741666
I have installed another Linux distro on my computer. Can I run it in parallel from my main with semthing like qemu? I can't find the proper way to boot on the partition.
>>
>>60742328
Yeah, I checked and double checked the connections so many times so I don't see what else it could be. Already sent it back.

Any recommendations for a good PSU that would suit my rig?
>>
So I've been using openSUSE and I like it a lot. I see that other distros (like Ubuntu) have a separate server os from desktop os but openSUSE does not.

So, is there an openSUSE server os as well?

Sorry if I'm a n00b, coming from a Windows background.
>>
>>60742405
the normal suse is basically the "server" version.
https://www.suse.com/products/server/
>>
>>60742405
No. Distros like Debian or SUSE have no such things and it is perfectly viable to run your server on the default installation provided you know what you are doing. Ubuntu desktop/etc simply come with stuff that's not needed for such purpose, hence the availability of restricted distributions.
>>
>>60742405
>I see that other distros (like Ubuntu) have a separate server os from desktop os but openSUSE does not.

No, they don't. They just have a special install CD iso available which contains server related programs (servers, vim, terminal programs etc) rather than desktop related programs (office suite, browser, games etc).

After installing the system from those CDs nothing stops you from installing a desktop environment, also nothing stops desktop users from installing a web server and a terminal multiplexer.
>>
I'm starting to learn web dev and coding.

I also plan to get familiar with linux and general tech/computer knowledge.

Any recommened books/websites for the latter?
>>
>>60742369
Oh, I think I found it. It fucking syncs it with the hotmail address' calendar. I was my first ever email address and I've abandoned it since, so didn't care to look, and I wasn't expecting Microsoft's system to work with Google's anyway. Damn.
>>
Should i build a pc, now or wait a few months till all the new stuff from computex are released?
>>
>>60742643
buy when you need it.
>>
>>60742643
Do you have the money? build it.

You dont need it right away? wait for October for black friday deals.
>>
Anyone know if athero-drivers is a safe site?
>>
>>60742983
What are you trying to do?
>>
>>60742379
Buy a seasonic or other better brand as thr corsair cx series is shit
>>
File: yeahno.png (19KB, 614x568px) Image search: [Google]
yeahno.png
19KB, 614x568px
>>60741666
Sup ya'll. I'm trying to torrent a movie on kickasstorrents and I'm getting stuck at a pay wall. How do you guys past it without entering your creds? Thanks in advance
>>
>>60743118
>How do you guys past it without entering your creds? Thanks in advance

by not falling for fake shit like that on your image.

If you have any kind of brain you never pay to pirate, let it be torrent, ddl, anything.
>>
>effective. Power لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً ॣ ॣh ॣ ॣ 冗
is this still working? what iOS version was vulnerable to this?
>>
>>60743177
I can't download anything without entering the info. It keeps redirecting me to the same page to enter a credit card. There's obviously a way to get the magnet link without entering this trash. Care to lend a hand?
>>
what is a good practical way to download single songs without going for the whole album?

i lost a relatively large music collection and i'm planing on getting back what i can but a lot of the songs were from the kazaa/limewire days
>>
>>60743256
it's a fake KAT if it requires payment. go through any other reputable site
>>
>>60743256
>>60743118
Its a scam, you are visiting a fake site.
>>
>>60743286
Shit. I've tried about 5 different links and all of them do this. I'll give you 10 (You)'s if you share a legit link
>>
>>60743350
1337x
>>
>>60743118
What is the address of this site? it's definitely a phishing site, the only working KAT clone I know is katcr.co/new.
>>
>>60743395
you're a saint. Thank you
>>
>>60743400
These are the ones I've tried
>kickass.to
>kickasstorrents.co
>kat.to
>katcr.to
>>
Is there a good bookmark program, where I can create categories add info about web pages and similar. I have a huge collection of links on firefox and was considering something else.

Preferable that it's locally but online is ok to, and it needs to be gratis.
>>
File: 1494601669984s.jpg (3KB, 125x90px) Image search: [Google]
1494601669984s.jpg
3KB, 125x90px
>>60741666
Probably a very easy question, and a quick google, but you nerds can probably give the clearest answer. I'm getting a new hard drive soon, how would I transfer my current linux installation to it ? I would want to keep all my files and settings etc. I have a big external to transfer everything with, but no special cables.
>>
>>60743485
TooManyTabs, perhaps?
>>
>>60743022
Sorry for the late reply, but I am trying to download an update for my network card driver
>>
Im installing avg and its taking years do i actually need an av or/and is there a better alternative?
>>
>>60743611
Download 3DP Network.

Still, if its not broken dont fix it, you wont see a big difference if you update your network drivers.

Wireless maybe.
>>
>>60743510
put your new disk in your PC and boot up any live system, like ubuntu or debian-live
you have two choices:
-you can copy your entire old disk byte-by-byte to the new one. This will take a while but after the operation your new disk will be bootable instantly
-use gparted to copy-paste your partitions. This method is faster as it only copies actual data and not also free space. This also eliminated any possible file fragmentation. After the operation you need to chroot into your old system and repair grub2 or boot it up using supergrub2 disk then reinstall grub2 and re-create /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>>
>>60743632
What's 3DP Network? And is there anyway ro see if my network card is broken? Sorry, I'm pretty tech illiterate
>>
File: 1493713472021.jpg (23KB, 531x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493713472021.jpg
23KB, 531x250px
I have assigned the shortcuts ALT - ESC and ALT - SHIFT - ESC to my mouse to quicky switch between windows, works great when its 3 or less open windows. The problem is after a time it wont switch in the order they are in the taskbar. For example I have programs P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 open, after a time it will switch P1 P6 P5 P2 P3 P7, no order. Is there any way to fix this and force windows to switch in the order they have in the taskbar?
>>
>>60743593
More like this:

http://www.portablebookmarkmanager.com/

But without the need to register.
>>
How would I go to find phase shifts of AC circuits containing mostly capacitors, inductors, transistors, diodes and FET's?
>>
>>60743622
>Do i need a AV
If you have common sense no, but its nice to have.

Malwarebytes.

>>60743671
A program that installs/updates Network and Wireless drivers.
Why are you trying to update them? do you have problems?
>>
>>60743699
>If you have common sense no, but its nice to have.
Well im in this thread so..
>Malwarebytes.
Thanks ill try this instead
>>
>>60743672
IIRC on windows you have the hotkey <WIN>+number, with the number the position of the window on the taskbar.
Do take note this also counts pinned programs, that may or may not be opened.
>>
>>60743718
Malwarebytes is the best you can get when it comes to free AV.
Use Adwcleaner too.
>>
what virus program should I( be using on Win10?
>>
>>60743699
>Why are you trying to update them? So you have problems?
Yeah, I think my network card may be broken but I'm not sure myself. Basically, I'm connected to the internet but my PC says "Unidentified network, no internet access." Not sure as to why
>>
>>60743763
Since when this happens?
This happens everywhere? or only with the network you are trying to connect?
>>
>>60743783
Since last night after our power briefly went out. My laptop and phone get internet, but not my PC.
>>
two questions

should i get an all in one liquid CPU cooler to replace my evo 212 and if so what one should i get? would be nice to save a bit of space in my case
>>
>>60743726
Thanks. I know about that, the problem is the shortcuts are static, I dont think theres a way to make them automatically change to W + 1, W + 2 and so on.
>>
>>60743826
Weird, That's not normal.
Are you using wireless or ethernet?
>>
>>60743871
Wireless
>>
>>60743878
reset modem
smash PC with sledge hammer
>clean it out buy a new one
restart windows
>>
>>60743878
You could reinstall them.

And if it doesn't work you can use a Linux USB to confirm if its damaged or its a windows thing.

You could factory reset your modem too but i doubt it will help.
>>
>>60743897
I reset the modem actually. No results.
>>60743907
How do I install Linux? I have a flash drive for my laptop, but it only has about 3 gigs. Would that be enough?
>>
>>60743930
so delete and remake the saved wireless settings
then try
uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi unit

EXTERMINATE
>>
>>60743930
You dont need to install it, just boot into it which is easy.
IIRC Linux Mint is 1.8~1.9GB.

Download Linux Mint Cinnamon and use Rufus to create your bootable USB.
>>
What's the /g/ approved way to deal with tons of data?

NAS?
Linux server?
>>
I just installed Kubuntu on a laptop I got from work.

It's installed on a SATAIII SSD, my question is, what is the realistic boot time? It takes 20 seconds, but most of that time(10 seconds) is a black screen between the time the hp logo shows and the time the kubuntu logo shows up.

Is that normal?
>>
>>60743968
>20 seconds
That sounds kinda long for a SSD.
It takes me 11 seconds to boot Mint in my thinkpad.
>>
>>60743955
Oh, okay. So download Linux Mint Cinammon to my USB along with Rufus and put that into my PC?
>>
>>60744026
You know how use your PC Boot manager? or change boot order?
>>
>>60743994
That's what I'm thinking too.

I'm wondering if this is a BIOS issue
>>
>>60744037
Not really honestly. Like I said I'm tech illiterate
>>
File: wtf.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>60741666
Is there any newbie friendly guide to cluster size, filesystem and their impact on storaging capabilities?
here's an example in my pic.
>exfat- slightly smaller size on disk but 14 gb is missing on ntfs drive for what, metadata?
>>
>>60744051
What is the brand of your PC, or motherboard if its a custom build.

Also when making the USB with rufus select MBR if you are using windows 7, and GPT/UEFI if you are using Windows 8.1 or 10.
>>
What's the best way to get a windows 7 setup?
>>
>>60744085
The ISO?

Just download it from MDL, use rufus to create a bootable USB and boot into it.
If your motherboard is new you might need also use MSI Smart tools to add USB 3.0 and AHCI drivers.
>>
>>60744066
are you sure F: takes up the entire drive and doesn't have some other partitions on that disk?

cluster = minimum amount of space taken by a file.
if you have a file with 1 byte, it'll take the cluster size of space anyway.
so if you have tons of small files you want a small cluster size.
if you only store large files then you want a higher cluster size.

the smaller the cluster the slower reading/writing is (but probably not noticeable for you anyway)
>>
>>60744109
I heard the ISOs got taken down.

Can i just buy it on amazon?
>>
>>60744191
MDL? its a torrent, do you know how use magnets?
If so, do you need Ultimate x64?
>>
>>60744199
>If so, do you need Ultimate x64?
What does it have over non-ultimate versions?
>>
>>60744222
Hardware Limits (less RAM, Ultimate can use up to 192GB RAM, some features, home sharing, etc).
Software differences? not much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart

Here is the magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2534ecaab70e970ffb8a678ba5ae39e8fb945a72&dn=X17-59465.iso&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.zer0day.to:1337&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337
>>
If I have a topic of discussion that's technically related to a general that's up, how do I decide to either post in the general, or make another thread?
>>
>>60743854
How about some small script then? Your button sends a random combination, your script processes that and then switches windows.
I'm thinking AHK stuff, but not sure if it'll work though.
>>
>>60744253
>Its not a stupid question
Make a thread
>Its a stupid question
Post it here.
>>
>>60744247
Holy shit, how do you do that white box thing?
>>
>>60744310
How do you download using magnets?

Download a torrent client (Deluge, qBittorent, Transmission, etc).
Click Open Magnet.
Paste that.
Done, the download will start.
>>
File: file.png (103KB, 712x625px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103KB, 712x625px
>>60741666
Nice satanic trips.

Anyone here have experience with AWS and message passing with PHP?

Right now I'm sending a POST message in PHP, but I'm getting a 504 (Time-out).

Weird thing is that I'm replicating the POST exactly as it is within a game I play; and that works.

So I'm trying to figure out why my PHP takes longer to be computed on the server than the games POST message?

This is nuking me right now.

>pic related2
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-28-13-45-11.jpg (204KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-28-13-45-11.jpg
204KB, 720x1280px
What are the best settings for a torrent client?
>>
File: file.png (230KB, 1399x1751px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
230KB, 1399x1751px
>>60744351
This the identical, yet successful POST message.
>>
File: MagnetExample.png (99KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
MagnetExample.png
99KB, 1360x768px
>>60744336
>>60744310
Like this:
>>
How can I download multiple images in a thread at once, preferably It should let me select the ones I want.
>>
>>60743695
Grab a EE textbook on circuit analysis and buckle down to do the math.
Use a SPICE front end to simulate and scope it.
Do the same with XCos / Scilab or Simulink / Matlab.
Search for analog circuit simulation tools in general and try a few.
>>
How can I figure out how much watt the power supply needs to deliver for a given build?
>>
File: file.png (32KB, 755x207px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
32KB, 755x207px
>>60744336
I think he meant how did you format your text like that.

As in the actual white box within the post itself.
>>
>>60744267
I am talking about generals... in general. If I have a question related to webdev, how do I know whether to post in the /wbg/ or start a new thread? Is it the length and depth of my question what I should consider?
>>
>>60744138
How did you know? Yes. Its a 500gb drive with 2 other partitions- 500mb and 265 gb. I have only mp3 nad flac files in there.
Now i can precise myself. Where the hell is this 14 GB missing from F drive? im talking about "used space" in disk property windows. Also i fucked up by saying exfat had a slightly smaller filesizeon disk, Its' slightly bigger.
>>
>>60744396

read the rules
>>
>>60744396
[code(]) [/code].
Remove the parenthesis, put the code/text in the middle.

A shortcut would be alt+c (Atleast with ccd0 4chanX its this way).
>>
>>60742241
Puppet.
>>
>>60742370
No, you'll need to install it in a VM for that.
>>
>>60744355
Bump
>>
>>60744402
500GB are 465GiB.
You have a total of 265.5GiB other partitions.

465 - 265.5 = 199GiB left.
Exactly the size of your F: drive.

There's nothing missing, you disk is using all the space that is left.

The exfat files take up more space because their cluster size is a lot larger and will always round up to the next 64KiB where as the other one will only go up to 4KiB.
>>
>>60744426
>>60744427
CIA Man, wary, approaches the Third Prisoner - pulls off his
hood, revealing a dark mask with a breathing apparatus. The
eyes behind it are cold. Still. This is Bane.

BANE
Who we are does not matter. What
matters is our plan.

CIA MAN

(FASCINATED)
If I pull this off, will you die?

BANE
It would be extremely painful.

CIA MAN
You're a big guy -

BANE
For you.
>>
Holy shit installing YouCompleteMe for vim is going through hell, is there a full vim package with all the neat programming plugins installed?
>>
>>60744076
Motherboard is MSI Z77MA-G45 <MS-7759> Version 1.0 according to CMD
>>
>>60743732
You shouldn't be using Win10 in the first place.
>>
>>60744503
Press ESC to enter BIOS, or press F11(iirc) to enter boot manager with your USB in.
>>
>>60744533
Alright. Well, I haven't downloaded linux or Rufus yet. I had to do something which is why I wasn't responding
>>
>>60742457
>>60742454
>>60742439

"also nothing stops desktop users from installing a web server and a terminal multiplexer."

So how would one say create like an "active directory" environment on openSUSE if any desktop can install what the want?
>>
>>60744380
DownThemAll, if you're using Firefox or Pale Moon.
>>
>>60744572
Did you reinstall the network drivers yet?
>>
>>60744385
Google PSU calculator.
>>
>>60744584
Yes actually. It didn't fix it
>>
>>60744578
>So how would one say create like an "active directory" environment on openSUSE if any desktop can install what the want?

You mean stop random users from installing what they want? Just don't give them root access.
>>
How secure is using a free Socks5 proxy list when torrenting animu?
>>
Downloaded "recordmydesktop" for Linux. The terminal-only version is alright, it does its job. 8MB for 30 seconds of recording with internal audio and a frame rate of 15 is acceptable i guess. Should scale to roughly a GB per hour.

The gtk GUI version however is trash.
I literally cannot figure out how to stop the recording after i started it.
Here's what happens:
>open the GUI
>hit record
>my task bar disappears
>the GUI also disappears
>literally cannot figure out how to stop recording unless i kill the process, which also kills the entire recorded material
???????
>>
>>60744584
Okay, so I have rufus downloaded. What now? Note that I'm using my Windows 10 laptop, but I'm trying to fix my Windows 7 PC.
>>
>>60744580
Alrighty, I was looking at 4chanx but it seems that feature is still in development?
>>
>>60744643

I'm supposed to just go to or remote in every individual computer and put a normal user account on each PC?
>>
>>60744701
Select your Linux ISO.
>>
>>60744750
Ideally you'd use something like Salt or Puppet to do all that shit remotely(along with installing and configuring all the necessary programs). But there's something of a learning curve to do all that, so depending on how many computers you're managing, it might not be worth the time.
>>
Is there like an addon or something for firefox that will let me save image files (that are in the proper resolutions) directly as an ico file?
>>
>>60742379

I have a Corsair HX750 and it's been a beauty through 3 builds, but I'm probably gonna move up to an 80 Plus Platinum PSU soon.
>>
File: 1330937924039.jpg (63KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1330937924039.jpg
63KB, 520x638px
Let's talking encoding/transcoding.....
>CUDE/NVENC/VCE all promise to offload encoding/transcoding to the GPU
>However both Quicksync and software is supposed to be better/more accurate

Are there any actual advantages to using a GPU for transcoding if you have a capable enough CPU?
>>
File: wtf - Copy.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wtf - Copy.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>60744477
I will explain myself further. I am not concerned about sizes of my partitions. I am worried by 14 gigs more on F than G that is showing as used disk space but doesn't suit filesize of my root folder. If you haven't noticed both volumes have identical files on them. Actually now i can say fuck you for playing dumb. I figured out solution by myself. Winblows adds hidden stuff to overall used space size. I had 14 gigs of trash hidden on that drive. Problem solved.
>>
>>60743279

Odds are they're alive on YouTube.
>>
>>60742191
It might be a malicious file or script, check 'Task Manager' for a point of execution of peculiar files, then scan them in virustotal.com

If you can't find anything there, check 'msconfig.exe' Startup tab for other strange files.

>>60743279
google youtube to mp3

>>60743966
I tried NAS once and stuck with it, pretty comfy
>>
>>60744477
Why the fuck would you even think that i was thinking those 2 volumes were supposed to have similar sizes? I said nothing about it.
>>
>>60744833
I'm pretty sure that even if you have "capable" CPU, encoding with a decent GPU will still be faster at the cost of accuracy.
>>
>>60743279
Torrents mostly, or YouTube. Some doubtful pages got them by song, but I wouldn't trust them. I'd go with YouTube.
>>
File: 1483816776999.jpg (19KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1483816776999.jpg
19KB, 351x359px
Anyone feel like critiquing my PC build? I'm just converting from Mac and I have no idea what I'm doing..

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xDNTTH

I am desperate, I will suck your dicks. Trash it, praise it, whatever you want.
>>
>>60745020
>https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xDNTTH
Looks alright to me, but you'll get better from /pcbg/.
>>
File: 1489166465558.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1489166465558.png
120KB, 387x357px
GNU/Linux VRlibre
>On my phone
fucking when
>>
>>60745020
Case looks really expensive.
Get a 850 EVO instead, its $8 more and the quality will be different.
EVGA had problems with exploding VRMs, be careful.

Other than that, looks really good.
>>
While im getting into C++, whats a good reference guide/manual i can carry around for occasional help?
Can you link me to some pdf that lists standard libraries, the functions they contain, syntaxes, etc.?
>>
>>60743279
torrent and setting the files you don't want as "do not download"
>>
>>60745118
>>60745192
thanks!
I switched out the SSD for a 850 EVO.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/b4QNHN

If you could suggest another case I would love you forever. I just wanted a black and red one cool lookin one and I may have went overboard.

also
>EVGA had problems with exploding VRMs, be careful
w-what? I don't know what a VRM is but should I get another one then?
>>
>>60741666
I have a directory with about 500 pepe images, and about 3000 other images. I know the pepe images start with a four digit number and then a space, while the rest have filenames that are just numbers. Is there a good bash command that will let me remove everything but the pepe images?
>>
>>60745289
Lrn2regex
>>
>>60745192
>>60745275
Nah, literally the SuperNOVA G2/G3/P3 series are EVGA's exception PSU's that are nearly perfect from an engineering standpoint.

Places like JohnnyGuru give them nearly perfect scores.
>>
>>60745020
spend 40 dollars more and get the 1700....>>60745289
>>60745289
lol
cp "???? *" ../
rm -rf *
>>
>>60745275
VRM, voltage regulator module.
Little chips in your motherboard in simple words.

>>60745341
Im talking about the GPU, EVGA PSUs are good.
>>
what does:
"Imported with compile warnings: (insert .jar file directory here)" mean?
It keeps happening when i export my java app as a runnable .jar
>>
Best windows 10 backup program? Would like it to function like time machine aka I hit backup and it backs up. I don't need hourly or auto backup stuff.
>>
>>60745397
for manual backups robocopy is one of your best options.
>>
>>60745352
It's not even the VRM's themselves, as much as they didn't have any cooling. I had that card, and removing the backplate, you realize they didn't put any thermal pads on the VRM and VRAM.

Their solution? Granted they offered free thermal pads for the user to install, but their solution was to roll out new firmware where the the fans use a more aggressive profile.
>>
>>60743732
Windows 10 is a pretty good virus program by itself
>>
I installed the clover app so I could browse 4chin on my phone, the thing is I cant change the location of the files I donwload..how can I change it so it doesnt save on my phone internal memory? I want to switch it to my sd card.
>>
please help.

i tried manually compiling through the cmd prompt with javac, but it turns out that does not exist as an operable command on the computer, do i need to reinstall JDK8.0?
>>60745394
>>
>>60742370
yes, you'll have to do some configuration but I have a win 10 installation I can boot both inside and out of a VMware

>>60744355
>>60744474
all of those, tho torrenting isn't great on a phone for reasons. also if you aren't getting incoming connections than that means upnp isn't working so you'll want to log into your router and manually port forward to speed things up
>>
>>60744650
whatever is running the proxy can see who you are, who you are using their service to connect to. they won't be able to keep what you are downloading IF you are using encryption properly
>>
>>60745289
the real question is whether you should trust anything an anon will answer you.
case in point: >>60745344
>>
Where is some legit source to download windows xp? There should be some guide on installgentoo but sadly there isn't.
>>
>>60744833
you may have a good enough cpu, but it will still be a night and day time and power usage difference
>>
>>60745660
Mydigitallife forums.
>>
>>60745655
Hey, it will remove all the files that arent pepes.

The script does exactly what he asked.
>>
>>60745491
kek
>>
I come from a different industry (aero eng). I do a lot of self-taught programming including app development and I'm thinking it might be time to put some certification behind it as a nice-to-have.

Do certifications hold weight in the programming world?
Is it worth getting a certification from Oracle or AWS?
Are certain certifications more sought after than others?
>>
>>60745275
Corsair 200r or 300r.
C70.

Anyway, look for MSI cards, EVGA has a bad story when it comes to GTX cards.
>>
Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools? Which one should I pirate?
>>
>>60745819
>Mydigitallife forums.
Mounting ISOs? PortableWinCDEmu
Making ISOs from optical discs or burning discs? ImgBurn/cloneCD

F R E E a s i n F R E E D O M (of the beer you're choosing) .
>>
>>60745819
WinCDemu.
>>
File: 1477661138319.jpg (3MB, 2667x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1477661138319.jpg
3MB, 2667x4000px
>>60733344
>>60733344
>>
>>60745795
Thanks, I really like that case. Here's my updated list. I just need a monitor now and I'm not 100% sure about the motherboard yet.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/J7QNHN
>>
>>60745909
what am I looking at. It looks cool.
>>
I bookmarked a gelbooru page in Firefox but the title is too long due to tags. Adding custom tags at the end don't show up in searches.

It appears Firefox just doesn't let you search part of a title beyond a certain character limit. What is that limit?
>>
>>60745895
>>60745905
>WinCDEmu
Never heard about, I'll try. Thanks.
>>
>>60735355
For mounting .iso files? If so, I use DVDFab Virtual Drive.
>>
>>60745940
Get a 850 EVO.
B350 motherboard is good.
>>
>>60746051
thanks!
>>
>>60746047
Not him but I've used Daemon Tools before too and was a bit antsy over the free trial period. Thanks for the rec. I think I only used Daemon Tools to install a hentai game but staying away from shit that locks if you don't pay would only help.
>>
Trying to shrink a windows partition but not a lot can be shrinked because "unmovable files". How can I move all files to the beginning of the disk to get around this?
>>
My adobe premier pro keeps crashing. W10 and everything is updated.
>>
File: Capture.png (78KB, 1167x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
78KB, 1167x635px
>New PC
>Finally get Windows 10 because 7 literally isn't supported by my CPU
>AdblockPlus won't block this shit even if I manually select it

Is it Adblock or something with Windows 10 I need to fix?
>>
File: 1496180084718.png (303KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
1496180084718.png
303KB, 720x418px
Do you use Vim/Emacs at work?

I tried using Vim for projects, but it was hell.
Switched to Emacs (with GUI) and it's pretty comfy. Do you use mouse with Emacs?
>>
>>60746253
uBlock Origin.
Add more filters in the settings.
>>
>>60746253
>>Finally get Windows 10 because 7 literally isn't supported by my CPU
There is no such thing.

Also adblock sucks.
>>
File: old-man-angry-at-change.jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
old-man-angry-at-change.jpg
35KB, 852x480px
>>60746291
well not "literally". In either case IT STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE IT.
>>
>>60746272
Would this conflict with Adblock Plus or can I just slap 'em both on there like a retard?

Also, I assume updating lists wouldn't help because I can't even manually block it
>>
>>60746272
>>60746369
Gave it a go, seems to work p gud. Thanks friendo.
>>
I really stumped wtf do i do
Install windows 6 but needs the keycode? How the fuck????
>>
may be a dumb question, but if im looking for an internship (as someone with a computer science bachelors) should i be applying for places that dont have internship positions listed on their site?

im just going through a list of companies off the top of my head: car companies, hospitals, stores, etc. and checking their 'career' tab and most dont have any internships listed but theyre since big companies that i cant imagine they wouldnt take on a few
>>
>>60746435
7* im so stupid i haye myself
>>
If I've legally dumped by BIOS files for say, my PS2, and upload them to Google Drive how legal is that?

Don't plan on sharing them but I'm curious if Google's watchful eye might get triggered.
>>
>>60746435
Use Dazloader from MyDigitalLife
>>
Not sure where to post this, but are custom css themes working for anyone? I've been using for a while but after I changed computers the custom themes aren't showing up.

I have them enabled.
>>
>>60746535
Still dont get it i read the pastebin on how to and it confuses the fuck out of me
>>
>>60746670
DUNLOAD WINDOESS
WUN DAZWOADER
>>
Today i woke up and i've been getting connection error when trying to post.
Can only use the post form at the top of the page.
Already cleaned to cookies and cache.

Whats could this be?
>>
File: 1457494240710.jpg (416KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1457494240710.jpg
416KB, 750x1071px
I'll be getting my B.S. in Web Development next year and I'll start to job hunt. Only thing is I live in a really small, shit town that is an hour away from the bigger town/city. Will I need to move to even have a chance at finding a job in my field?

Another way of putting it is how badly does your location affect your chances of getting a job when it comes to IT or CS areas?
>>
>>60746369
You cant use both at the same time.
>>
>>60746670
You know how use magnet links?
>>
>>60746917
No...
>>
>>60746964
Do you know how use a torrent client?
>>
>>60746841
probably won't need to move if they do cloud development.
>>
>>60746971
NO TO EVERYTHING
>>
>>60746989
Are you still in the installer?

Wtf are you even doing.
>>
>>60747004
I havent done anything yet that would be stupid if i did
>>
>>60747022
Do you even have downloaded the windows 7 installer?
>>
>>60747037
I just said no to everything

Ok so what torrent i use then
>>
>>60747100
Windows 7 Ultimate x64:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2534ecaab70e970ffb8a678ba5ae39e8fb945a72&dn=X17-59465.iso&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.zer0day.to:1337&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337

Daz Loader (Windows 7 activator):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:37041ba60196e8eff7050a801ebe73cedb8c0748&dn=Windows%20Loader%20v2.2.2&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969

Google Rufus.

Download all that.
And get a USB.
>How do i use Magnet links

Download any torrent client (Deluge, qBittorent, transmission, etc).
Click add Url/Magnet.
Paste that.
It will start downloading stuff.
>>
>>60747155
Ok i think i know what to do
>>
I want to configure i3 to take a screenshot, but I also want to know how I can find out the internal names of Keyboard keys so that I can use them in config files.

Where is a resource that I can check to find out what the keys of my keyboard are called? Even if my problem can be fixed without this knowledge, I'd like it for future reference.

I tried to do this in i3config:

set $mod+PrtSc scrot

It didn't work. How do I stop being a dummy?
>>
How do you install Windows 7 in UEFI mode? I'm asking this because I recently made the jump to 10 LTSB but performance doesn't seem to be much different from the regular Windows 10 and besides, my dGPU's drivers seem to have bad performance on 10.
And my disk is GPT so I don't want to lose my shit by changing it back to MBR...
>>
File: rsz_20170604_184342.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170604_184342.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I fucking hate god dam win 10
Fixing my grandpas laptop because he cant see the security picture when logging into his bank online. I figured flash was outdated, but no. Fucking edge has built in flash, and its working fine. Apparently this machine is like 5+ updates behind what the current one is, but ive hit "check for updates" 3 times now and its apparently up to date.
Under the "update history" section the last update i see is kb3150513 for win 10 version 1607. When i check the latest versions on microsofts site for version 1607, the newest update is kb4023680. I dont even see the current version this laptop is running listed on here its so fucking far behind. Why the fuck isnt this shit tier os updating properly?
Pic looks like shit, but i just have my phone on me. Figured itd be a quick 5 minute fix, so i didnt bring anything else
>>
>>60747248
Updates are released based in regions and versions in 10.
All windows 10 versions released in 2016 will be 1607 builds.

Your fixed his problem, what else is there to fix?
>>
>>60747248
Wow didnt realize id mess the pic up that much trying to get it to fit the piz size limit. Doesnt matter, it was just showing all the updates between the newest and what the machine is running
>>60747286
>fixed his problem
But i didnt. Pretty sure the issue is that Edge is months out of date, at least 4 or 5. Edge is out of date because this machine is 22 updates behind the current win 10 build
>>
>>60747332
Just install him Chrome.
>>
>>60747346
I would, but thats more work than fixing this. This guy is 60+, everytime something like this happens i have to spend 10+ mins talking to him like hes a half brain dead 10 year old touching a computer for the first time. Changing browsers, importing favorites, etc. Is going to be too much for him to understand. Even if i just tell him "click this, theres your favorites from before" he won't get it. Also trying to keep him from going to best buy or somewhere where theyll charge him out the ass to do the same thing you recommended
>>
Best epub reader for Android?
>>
>>60747412
Honestly outside of cleaning temp data i cant tell you anything since i dont have lots of experience with edge.
>>
>>60747437
>no experience with edge
Who does? Its got some cool features, but it sucks because all it has are those gimmick features, like drawing on webpages. Id prefer an up to date browser that can actually update itself to some shitty gimmick browser
>>
>>60741666
Malwarebytes keeps blocking RiskWare/Gamehacks
It's fucking annoying, is there a way to disable this kind of behaviour with just "Gamehacks" type of """ malware """
>>
>>60747527
Just whitelist it.
>>
Im trying to boot Clonezilla inside Virtualbox and getting the message "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU", im sure I have VT-x enabled, thought that alone allowed me to run this? It's both enabled on the BIOS settings and on Virtualbox. Some say turning I/O APIC and PAE fixes it, what do
>>
>>60747571
can I whitelist a type of malware, instead of whitelisting several executables and .dlls?
>>
>>60747587
Whitelist your whole game folder.
>>
How do you guys manage to keep up with the news and trends of the internet?

What are your sources and all that stuff?

I mean, how was I supposed to know that Bitcoin was going to be big and people got rich from that?
>>
File: sublime_icon.png (6KB, 127x135px) Image search: [Google]
sublime_icon.png
6KB, 127x135px
When did Sublime Text change its icon to this? I downloaded this version from TPB, and I can't find a single reference online to this being the new icon. I wanna know if it's official or custom...
>>
>>60747651
By watching the price and seeing that its been nothing but an uphill climb for a while. Bitcoin is fuckin crazy now. I remember when it was like 400, not 2k+
>>
File: file.png (22KB, 1163x519px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22KB, 1163x519px
I don't get it?
Why is it still pinging the parking service? I cleared my dns and tried on more than one device.
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
If I install the .crx version of 4chanX, will it still sync through Chrome? I guess I could just put on a sync password, but it'd be a lot easier if I could just have it unsynced and enabled on one computer only.
>>
>>60746529
they shouldn't care but encrypt it anyway
then share it with /g/ along with the password/key, sharing is caring
>>
>>60747836
You could read the page that tells you this exact information
>>
>>60747880
Where? Can't find any recent info about it, or maybe I'm just blind
>>
>>60747653
>I downloaded this version from TPB
Why would you do that?
>>
>>60747927
LITERALLY
ON
THE
FRONT
PAGE
>>
>>60747857
>http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/04/life_without_google_when_my_account_was_suspended_i_felt_like_i_d_been_dumped.html
>"My data was intact save for the last thing I’d worked on–a spreadsheet containing a client’s account numbers and passwords. It seems that Google’s engineers determined this single document violated policy and locked down my entire account. My request to get that document back is still pending."
>https://www.reddit.com/r/google/comments/2qhjf5/my_google_drive_account_was_randomly_suspended/cn6khd7/
Doesn't look like "they don't care"
>>
>>60747975
OF WHAT?

fuck I feel stupid
>>
>>60748007
>>/out/ Just get >>/out/
>>
>>60741666
How the fuck do I mount a disk as read-only on ubuntu?
>>
>>60747857
They do care, i have had stuff taken down automatically, i never have got my account locked tho.
>>
Whats with the new win 10 creators update? Looks like a bunch of stupid gimmicky bullshit i dont care about. What does it change? What will be out of date if i dont update?
>>
>>60748014
For fuck sake anon
>>
I'm going MAD

With Flask_sqlalchemy, how do I convert an entire database table to json?

The best I've managed is to make a

var = Table.query.get(1) variable with only one row in the table. Then I can jsonify like
jsonify(username=table.username,
profilepictureurl=table.profilepictureurl,
city=table.foo,
gym=table.boo)

and when I print(var) I get <models.Table object at 0x1067cfb70>

when I set var to var = Table.query.all() I get
[<models.Table object at 0x1067cfc18>, <models.Table object at 0x1067cfcc0>] when printed instead, and when I try to jsonify the var it just says the table Model isn't serializable

I'm begging you, I've looked all over for hours
>>
>>60747932
Why would I pirate software? Cause I don't have the money to buy it, and even if I did, I may not want to.
>>
>>60748053
You can download it for free from Sublime's website.
>>
File: gordonramsaymad.jpg (35KB, 638x413px) Image search: [Google]
gordonramsaymad.jpg
35KB, 638x413px
>>60748028
FOR FUCKS SAKE RETARD ANON!
GET OUT
>>
>>60748053
Just download the installer from the website and then find a license in the first 3 results of a search.

Enjoy your virus.
>>
So I just installed an old HDD on a new build, it was my main HDD from my old PC (had my desktop and shit). Where can I find my desktop items and stuff on that HDD now how do I find desktop through folders?
>>
File: 1487435656316.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487435656316.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
Got a HyperX Alloy Keyboard (no bulli, cheapest one I could find) and found out that if I tap once the FN key, then tap it again and hold it, and then tap any function key that also has FN functionality (volume up, volume down, media controls) the input keeps getting sent until I tap the key again (the volume keeps going up or down).

What the fuck is causing this, please help.
>>
>>60748075
It's not nice baiting, anon.
>>
>>60748089
C:/Windows.old/Users/yourusername
>>
File: Got a Light.jpg (44KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Got a Light.jpg
44KB, 615x409px
What desktop enviornment for Debian is most similar to Windows, or lets me customize it like Windows' as close as possible?
>>
I just slapped a 7950 cooler on my 280x is it gonna be fine? temps seem fine?
>>
>>60748150
IIRC since its a rebrand there will be no problem.

Be sure that VRMs and everything else is properly cooled tho.
>>
>>60748109
Im not.
Take a guess where to look at,its on the front fucking page
>>
>>60748170
yes the vrms seem to be placed in exactly the same spot too.

Both designs have a module left without even a dissipator and right under the copper heatpipe.
I suppose it's where the artifacts "bug" comes from

fking garbage gpus
>>
I'm pretty sure this is bait and that I should stop giving (You)s at this point

But where? 4chan? The Github FAQ page?
>>
File: fuckface.png (81KB, 259x271px) Image search: [Google]
fuckface.png
81KB, 259x271px
I upgrade my CPU from a i5 2310 to a 2500k for an DB65AL motherboard.

With the 2500k, my idle temperature is about 42 C, but when I played GTA V it was going to 90 C up to even 97 C.

I didn't forget to put on thermal paste, but I didn't do anything with the BIOS. Is there anything I need to do with the motherboard BIOS, or is my CPU a lemon?
>>
>>60748232
for >>60748175
>>
>>60748235
Your heatsink fan is FUBAR, check the speed.
You used thermal grease instead paste, which paste you used?
Buy a 212 EVO.
>>
>>60748115
Hey thanks anon it worked.
>>
>>60748255

How do I check the fan speed? The thermal paste I used is from masscool that I bought from frys...
>>
Do I need to register a new Amazon account in whatever region I want to buy something to have it shipped internationally with Amazom Global or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>60748313
HWmonitor.
Speedfan.
Etc.

Next time buy some good paste and not the cheapest thing you find.
>>
>>60741666
Why doesn't uninstalling a program through the "Uninstall a program" dialog on Windows 8.1 (but probably all of them) not actually completely uninstall the program? There's often still a folder in Program Files, My Documents, AppData, etc.
>>
>>60748338

Noted, I won't buy shit paste anymore from frys.

My fan speed is about 1100 RPM idle right now, with the CPU being at 42 C currently.
>>
>>60748378
Good paste is not even expensive, MX-4 is $5 per tube, so is NT-H1 and AS5.
>>
>>60748414
>>60748378
Also use isopropyl alcohol to remove the old paste.
>>
>>60748232
>>60748251
DING DING DING
Where would you look for information regarding a program?
>>
>>60741666
Why is it encouraged to use Vorbis Comments for encoding metadata into FLAC instead of ID3? This tracker I'm a part of says not to use it.
>>
Any good books to start learning about cryptography? I know my math so something mathematically rigurous its appreciated
>>
>>60748438
>https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions
>"Below is a list of the data stored by 4chan X. All of this is kept on your own computer, unless you're using a browser sync service, in which case it may also be stored there. In particular, if you use the Chrome extension version and you are signed into Chrome, this data will also be sent to Google to be synced across your devices. As of this writing, Greasemonkey does not sync script data by default, and although the feature can be enabled by a hidden preference, it is not recommended as it is buggy and unsupported. For other browsers and user script engines, consult the documentation."
>"As explained above, if you use a browser sync service such as Google Chrome's, your 4chan X settings and data will be stored in the cloud in addition to on your local machine."
Yeah I've read that several times, but I still don't get if it's the Chrome Web Store version only or the .crx(this one here: https://www.4chan-x.net/builds/4chan-X.crx) too, hence why I asked the question in the first place.
>>
>>60748377
uninstalling removes the binaries, registry entries, startup entries, shortcuts, etc, doesnt remove the configuration info and other shit
>>60748428
or just a tissue like a normal human being
>you probably have one by your desk anyway if youre using isopropyl alcohol
>>
>>60748620
>or just a tissue like a normal human being
Its not enough, it will leave a residue.
>>
in what version of honeyview did the botnet start?
>>
>>60748661
Just block it from using the internet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39KB, 647x541px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 647x541px
So this is me right now when my GPU is doing nothing, it's not even plugged into a monitor and there is no DE installed or anything.

As you can see, the GPU in this thing runs hot as hell and heats up the case quite a bit, even more so that the CPU at full load. It's an old passive piece of shit I made do with but now I'm wanting something from this decade.

Anyone got recommendations for a card that is very low power and also very cool?
Talking, lowest temps and power consumption possible.

Cheap as possible too please, server is completely headless. Just need the board to post and maybe occasional bios tweaking or something.
>>
>>60748647
Coffee filters always worked well for me.
>>
>>60748717
Linus...
>>
I've been tasked with finding a decent printer for home and small business use. I have no idea whether to go with laser or inkjet. The printer's use would be printing documents (with some but not much colour) and scanning. Which one would be best?
>>
>>60748377
use revolutionary uninstaller
>>
>>60748764
revo*
>>
File: MSI.webm (2MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
MSI.webm
2MB, 700x392px
>>60748717
You got me, here's the right way to do it.
>>
File: 1471107261608.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471107261608.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
I'm looking around for these usb to SATA/IDE converters. Any experiences with these or any brands I should avoid ? most of these on ebay are the same Chinese brands listed multiple times.
>>
>>60748865
Startech and uGreen make good adapters.
>>
Why does webm for retards make my videos look like shit? No matter how high I set the quality, it always comes out looking all artifacted.
>>
>>60748883
Noted thanks you. Most ebay sellers in Australia are selling Simplecom converters, anything you have heard about this brand that i should know?
>>
>>60748884
Increase bitrate and/or reduce resolution.
>>
>>60748990
Try Amazon?
>>
>>60748997
I could only see options for audio bitrate. Am I just blind or something? Is there something I could put in the arguments to do it?
>>
>>60748532
Read it again, then again, your answer is in broad daylight
>>
Why isn't anyone connecting to my torrent when I seed it? I always have 0 (#) peers. Are there just none who need it at the moment?
>>
>>60741666
Nice trips.

My father is having an issue with his work computer freezing up and occasionally BSODding on boot (8y/o HP laptop). Initially, I thought it was a bad RAM chip, so I tried running it off the 2Gig chip and it didn't run at all, with the 1Gig chip it ran faster than when it had both, so I figured that confirmed my suspicions... except that it started freezing again. Did both chips have corrupted sectors and suddenly running only the 1Gig chip force rapid degredation on it? Or could it be something else like the fact that it runs on an inverter and the power spikes caused other damage?
>>
I want to be free, but I cant build this botnet destroyer, help?

DEBUG: <truncated - see config.log for full output>
DEBUG: configure:9796:26: error: conflicting types for 'malloc_usable_size'
DEBUG: In file included from configure:9794:0:
DEBUG: /usr/include/malloc.h:129:15: note: previous declaration of 'malloc_usable_size' was here
DEBUG: extern size_t malloc_usable_size (void *__ptr) __THROW;
DEBUG: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG: configure: failed program was:
DEBUG: #line 9793 "configure"
DEBUG: #include "confdefs.h"
DEBUG: #include <malloc.h>
DEBUG: #include <stddef.h>
DEBUG: size_t malloc_usable_size(const void *ptr);
DEBUG: int main() {
DEBUG: return malloc_usable_size(0);
DEBUG: ; return 0; }
DEBUG: configure:9824: checking for valloc in malloc.h
DEBUG: configure:9849: checking for valloc in unistd.h
DEBUG: configure:10004: checking NSPR selection
DEBUG: configure:11138: checking if app-specific confvars.sh exists
DEBUG: configure:12299: checking for gtk+-3.0 >= 3.4.0 gtk+-unix-print-3.0 glib-2.0 gobject-2.0
DEBUG: configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-3.0 >= 3.4.0 gtk+-unix-print-3.0 glib-2.0 gobject-2.0 ) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
ERROR: old-configure failed
>>
>>60749464
What is there to be said?
Exactly what you need to do is written in your post
>>
>>60749464
Have you tried reading the output? lol
>>
>>60741666
What's a good external storage device to keep my animu in?
Was gonna go with something portable because of the low price, but I've got more money to spend now.
>>
>>60749564
"animu"
build a san server :3
>>
>>60749464
>>60749512
>>60749557

nevermind I downloaded the normal libraries, seems I needed ones that end in -dev
>>
File: t3_5nv1xb.jpg (898KB, 3569x2230px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5nv1xb.jpg
898KB, 3569x2230px
>get toshiba tablet for mom years ago
>won't connect to wifi, authentication error or some shit
>look up solutions online
>tons of usual bullshit solutions
>try most of them but none works
>someone says that version of android (jellybean) has trouble with WPA/WPA2, try WEP
>switch to WEP
>tablet connects
>check software updates for tablet regularly
>literally nothing except toshiba bloatware
>been using WEP ever since then
>don't want to use it anymore

what are my options here?
>>
>>60749708
Upgrade android....................? lol
>>
>>60749733

my impression was that I had to use manufacturer's official upgrades that show up when you go on settings and I didn't see one there
>>
>>60749013
Just use ffmpeg to do it dude, its really easy to install and use once you figure it out
>>
>>60749282
no one likes you
>>
I was cloning a faulty windows disk into a new one using live Debian
I got a read/write error 830 gbs in but I thought it was normal because the disk was faulty
I used fdisk and the copy and source look the exactly same
I started windows in the copy and checkdisk restored like three image files
Windows looks the same on the copy disk
I shouldn't be worried right?
>>
>>60749759
Or you can look for a custom rom. Find XDA's page for that tablet.
>>
>>60749820
Unplug old disk, boot up windows, check that everything works, run sfc /scannow , reconnect old drive and use Freefilesync to verify all your files got copied correctly
>>
>>60749574
Difference between that and NAS?
>>
>>60749875
By everything you mean what?
>>
>>60749943
Your programs
>>
>>60749955
>>60749943
Also can I reconnect the old drive while windows is running or I shut down before reconnecting?
>>
>>60750019
Probably wouldn't kill anything, but it's usually best to shut down before fucking with the drives.
>>
>>60749840

I found a few threads and based on what I found I don't think that's possible for this model (AT10-A)

> I will recommend rooting of popular and powerful devices for eg samsung s4,htc one,etc because if anyhow the device is bricked then it can get backsupport to get fixed ,, but toshiba and all are not that much popular ,if get bricked then it will be great pain in butt to fix it...
>Unfortunately Toshiba is not the "unlock boot" for your customers type and anyone who rooted softbricked them and lost their warranty
>The bootloader on this unit is intentionally locked and cannot be unlocked by an end user; this is something that will not be changed in the future.

I don't want to brick the tablet trying some dumb shit and I'm not familiar with android anyway. It's a good tablet aside from this WPA issue.

If I hid my SSID how much would it help?
>>
File: 1323750015458.jpg (16KB, 294x268px) Image search: [Google]
1323750015458.jpg
16KB, 294x268px
I need to get an external hdd for my pc. I only have usb 2 connectors though. Going to use it to store, mostly lossless music, visual novels, bluray rips, and roms/isos for emulation. So it needs to be at least 2tb.

Should I buy an internal hdd and buy a shell for it or buy a WD passport? Don't want to overspend here, budget is around $100 us. Also thinking about getting a usb 3 pci card, but idk if that's necessary.
>>
>>60750044
Fuck,windows isn't recognizing the old disk but CrystalDiskInfo and Speccy are
>>
What is, objectively, the best mouse?
>>
>>60750296
Is it showing up in disk management?
>>
>>60750351
nope
>>
>>60750394
...and you know what disk management is?
>>
>>60749759
u dont have to do anything, if you can touch it you can do anything to it, if you're dedicated enough lol :333
>>
>>60750418
It's the place where you create partitions right?
It shows on device manager thought
>>
>>60750438
I updated it and now it shows on disk management
>>
New thread: >>60750468
>>
>>60750469
Cool. Now assign it a drive letter
>>
>>60750491
Should I compare the files by file size?
I think file content would take too long, it's like 900 GBs
>>
>>60750126
In my experience, if an old android device is having problems with wifi, and you can't run a custom rom, you're probably just boned. You'll probably find an upgrade to something LineageOS compatible to be a surprising improvement.

Hiding the SSID could theoretically prevent someone who new enough to hack WEP but not enough to pay attention to wireless networks with no SSID listed, but that's gotta be a pretty small %. You really shouldn't be using WEP these days. I suppose if you could get a router to run WEP on the 5ghz band and WPA2 on the 2.4, that might be some improvement. At the least an attacker would have to get a lot closer to your house to get the signal, and some hacking cards don't operate on 5ghz.
>>
>>60750578
Run the time/size check first, that will help you detect any obvious differences. If you really want to check that every file copied bit-by-bit perfect, you will also need to run the content check. If both drives are connected internally it should be done in a few hours
>>
>>60750672
It just showed temp files from shit like Firefox and Windows
I guess missing dlls on both sides is normal right?
>>
>>60750840
If the DLLs are in a temp folder, then you're ok. If you've got system/program folders missing DLLs on the new copy, that's not a good thing. Generally the sfc command (dism on windows 8 or 10) will fix any issues, although you're on your own with 3rd party programs. I mostly meant to scan all your actual media files documents etc.
>>
>>60750944
I think it missed dlls because the program couldn't crawl correctly even on administrator mode, I checked one of the dlls it showed was not there and it was
I used sfc /scannow and it showed nothing wrong
>>
>>60750998
It's not really meant for going through system files. What was originally suggesting is use the command line functions to check windows is good, and ffs to go through everything else.

In the future I'd use macrium reflect do do your cloning, it simplifies things a lot. You might also consider putting your media on a separate partition if this happens a lot, or have your os on an ssd and everything else on an hdd.
>>
>>60750650

I just tried to set the security to WPA2 again just to try and see if it still won't connect and this time I couldn't connect with my laptop either. Ended up having to reset it and then call the call center because I had forgotten my ADSL username & password.

We had no issue with WPA2 until I bought the tablet but now I'm thinking that maybe the router might be causing it. I'm 99% sure I've never updated the router firmware, and there seems to be a slightly newer version available, albeit from 6 years ago. I'm planning to update it and if it doesn't work get a new one and just hope that it will work.

If that still doesn't work I guess I'll try getting it to run on 5ghz and save up money to buy a new tablet in meantime. Fucking toshiba.
>>
>>60751140
Eh it's not going to happen again
I think everything is fine
The only weird thing is that a savestate from PS2CX doesn't work on the new disk but the old savestate does
>>
>>60751241
On second thought I highly doubt the tablet supports 5 ghz.
>>
>>60751241
Yeah, does sound like it could be your router. That's another thing you could try putting custom firmware on, or put it in bridging mode and attach another router to it. Generally a good idea to keep a copy of your PPPoE login written down somewhere in case you need it again.

>>60751385
If this is it then it does:

http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-products/excite-at10-a-104/
>>
>>60748865
I'm pretty sure that the chipset is the same on all of them, I had one that fried a client's HDD a few years ago. Not sure if that's a common problem, but I use a tore-down MyBook enclosure now instead.

>>60749304
Bump for family.
>>
After updating with the Windows Creator Update, my computer freezes up after start up. Some days, I have to restart several times for it to function properly.

Any advice on how to correct this? HP Envy 17 if that helps
>>
>>60751580
>Windows
>Any advice on how to correct this?
Linux
>>
>>60750332
Mickey
>>
>>60751425

Thanks man, I don't think I'll be able to solve this but switching to 5ghz will at least put my mind at ease.
>>
>>60751595
T-thanks
>>
>>60751140
Why didn't you say that?
Cloning again would be better than doing all this shit
>>
Does having more entries in your hosts file have any consequences?

I'm worried about performance but I don't really see how it could matter. I have, I believe, a 60,000 host file I found which should be a solution to everything but I don't know if that's a *smart* idea.

Also how is this compared to an adblocker? Better? Worse? It's system wide so that's one noticable advantage.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.