[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Criticisms you don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 43.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>used Linux for years
>never had to "resolve dependencies"

I just install and remove programs with apt. Haven't had any conflicts yet.
>>
>mfw you will have no clue what to do when you do have broken packages.
Congrats you just played yourself.
>>
>>60655436
apt-get -f install
also, no broken packages in stable. but if you go testing/unstable and dist-upgrade it's something you have to expect
>>
works on my machine
>>
i've never had X break in arch
>>
I never had any problem with Arch Linux
>>
>>60655436
It's never happened before but I'll probably just uninstall the package and try something else. If it leaves broken pieces of data on my drive I can't track down I'll just leave it there until I install a new OS.
>>
I've never had arch breaking anything.
>>
>>60655523
>>60655530

opinions of people running their distro for less than 10 years don't count
>>
>>60655651
sorry, i've only been using arch for 5 years
>>
>>60655651
>10 years
>ArchLinux is only 15 years old
>>
>>60655670
there haven't been any major changes in the last 5 years, so it's not surprising that it didn't break
>>
>>60655691
>there haven't been any major changes in the last 5 years
you don't call moving to systemd a major change?
>>
>>60655702
that just broke some init scripts
i meant like sysvfs->udev or xfree86->xorg
those changes broke a lot of things
>>
>>60655735
Just format and install when it's something that big.
>>
>>60655735
i had some fun with pre-udev/pre-xorg linux, but i was still a windows user at that time, i only started seriously moving to linux around 2009
>>
>>60655755
or you could just run your debian install for at least 2 more years while still getting security updates and backports
>>
>Having friends and a girlfriend
>Struggle with social anxiety and have very alternative opinions and beliefs
>get called a normie

I don't get it. Why can't I be autistic and have other autistic friends?

I guess people here genuinely believe that any relationship, intimate or platonic, makes you a normie and that's bad? I guess? Have fun being alone and sad? Hello?

Also. I'm a newbie to Linux. Only around 4 years of experience. I haven't had any catastrophic failures or conflicts in my OS. And yes, I was highly expirimental with Arch. There were many chances for me to break my system.
>>
>>60655809
>Having a girlfriend
>>>/out/
>>
>>60655829
Fuck you loser I got a blowjob before I came to work.
>>
>>60655841
I know you're baiting though.
Have another (you)
>>
>>60655809
>Having friends and a girlfriend
>Struggle with social anxiety
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>60655848
Not baiting. Got half a blow job that turned into sweaty sex and going to work sweaty as shit. Kinda sucks.

>>60655850
>My social anxiety is crippling and I have no friends so it must be that way for everybody else.

I didn't say that I'm not able to function. I said I have social anxiety. Nigger.
>>
>>60655809
>>60655829
>>60655841
>>60655848
>>60655850
>>60655964
Shut the fuck up

>/g/ - technology
>>
>>60655407
>Not your personal tech support
>>
>>60655841
So that's why your mother's hair is going white..
>>
>>60655407
it happens if you install packages with dpkg.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.