[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning the basics of computers and coding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: great success.jpg (89KB, 655x449px) Image search: [Google]
great success.jpg
89KB, 655x449px
Hi there,
I'm tired of being a neet playing videogames and doing nothing all day, so i've figured i might as well put all this free time for something useful.

I want to learn about computer technology, coding, operating systems, anything IT in general i guess. The problem is, I don't know where to start learning about these topics, without having to go to school. Keep in mind, i know as much as an 70 year old woman about these things, so i want to start with the basics.

How did you guys gain the knowledge you have about technology?

What are the best websites/books on how to learn about these things?
>>
https://g.sicp.me/books/
>>
>>60632549

Look up Derek Banas tutorials on youtube. Start with C/C++ and move to Java. He explains fast so remember to pause at will and even google out what the lines do. Take notes on paper (yes, on fucking paper!).

Thats it. Best advice you ever got.
>>
start by learning C++

Best way to learn
>>
Start with Java. It's the most powerful programming language in the world.
>>
LearnPythonTheHardWay
>>
File: 1495984138290.jpg (77KB, 910x428px) Image search: [Google]
1495984138290.jpg
77KB, 910x428px
>>60632549
>>
>>60632549
The gentooman's library is a good start. In all honesty, just find a topic you want to learn and you will eventually learn other stuff due to osmosis and shit. Learn how to use google and ask >>>/g/dpt if you have any questions about programming.
>>
>>60632549
donald knuth - the art of programming
>>
This is good thread to ask one question I have been trying to answer for past 3 years.

>Where is the definition of "int main" for gcc/C on linux defined
In windows entry point is int WINAPI winMain(..)
Why int main in gcc/C takes only two arguments
>>
>>60635362
Gentooman is 35 GB. Don't overload yourself with too many resources.
There are standard most used books for every topic.
Just go to Amazon.com
search a topic. In most case the most rated book and the oldest book is the best choice.
>>
Start learning the basics of computers before you start programming. It would be embarrassing knowing Java but not knowing what a CPU is.
>>
>>60638020
That's why it's called the Gentoomen library and not the Gentoomen reading list.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.