[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ stupid questions thread Post your dumbass questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 44

File: 1484394927628.jpg (4KB, 195x104px) Image search: [Google]
1484394927628.jpg
4KB, 195x104px
/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Post your dumbass questions
Google it first.
>>
Does it matter if a resistor's (or potentiometer's) wattage value is way over-rated for the task?

I'm building a simple passive volume mixer and I have two choices of potentiometer: one is rated for 0.2W and the other is rated for 12W. (Both are 10K ohm Stereo Logarithmic potentiometers.)
I was wondering if it being massively over rated in the wattage department would matter? Thanks.
>>
>>60499327
>>>/diy/
>>
>>60499366
>waiting 10 hours for a response.
I was hoping to buy these now which is why I came here. If you don't know the answer don't respond.
>>
i oc'd my monitor to 90 hz and i can tell it's smoother because i compared it with my second monitor which is at 60hz.
I have a dvi-d to hdmi 1.3 cable on my 90hz monitor(1080p).
What I'm wondering is, can this cable actually support 90hz at 1080p? I know i can tell the difference but I'm not sure if I am feeling 90hz at its full potential.
>>
What is this cable? Is it supercharged 8 pin from 3x 8 pin or what?
>>
>>60499402
HDMI 1.3 can support 1080p 90hz fine.
DVI-D can only support that if it's dual link (i.e, double the data rate of standard DVI-D), check the specifications of your video card to see if it's dual link or not.
>>
File: question.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
260KB, 803x790px
explorer.exe tabs me out of my games. Why does it do that and how can I stop it?
>>
>>60499407
probably the opposite of what you said, a cable that splits one 8-pin into 3. It's male on the single end because it's designed for modular power supplies I'd guess.
>>
>>60498976
Uh, why does firefox hate youtube's interface? It lags so much when pulling up UI elements. I'd make the complete transition to firefox again if I could get this right.
>>
>>60499873
Works for me using ublock and forcing flash player with latest ESR, try disabling hardware acceleration?

Is 4chan refreshing pages for anyone else when hitting the Back button? It's not even caching 1 page back, like on /g/
>>
>>60498976
Found a Thinkpad T61p for €100:

4GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive (tested: 0 Badblocks)
New battery

How low should get it for? €50?

I only need it as a typewriter (Libreoffice, Google Docs and Firefox), nothing fancy. I'd probably put in a SSD as well.
>>
>>60499920
processor?
100 is fine
>>
>>60499977
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
>>
Asking from previous thread
>>60498316
>>60498329
>>
>>60500007
that seems fine.
btw I got some sick digits on that last post.
>>
I have a raspberrypi in my network.

I set it as static ip and connect via ethernet directly to my router.

For a time this was good.

All of a sudden I can't connect anymore.

I still get assigned my desired static ip but i cannot ping the gateway.
I also tested setting my dhcp on the ethernet, but it assigned me a 162.x.x.x. address meaning I can't even connect to the 192.168.x.x network.

I tried everything, disable dhcp, using network interfaces. I use raspbian.

PLease help
>>
>>60499912
I tried everything. I'm on an Elitebook 8460p and the chrome side shows everything fine and dandy but ff just lags and stutters its way through
>>
How the fuck do I find an internship for code monkeying without a shiny degree or college to get it through
>>
File: Screenshot_17.jpg (33KB, 1228x701px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_17.jpg
33KB, 1228x701px
What is this new Windows 10, Visual Studio shit?
>>
What's a good screen-sharing program?
>>
Is it worth bothering with ICC profiles?
>>
From the last thread.
>>60494805
>>
>>60499327
At least for resistor, it shouldn't. It's basically just a piece of wire, the wattage is just so you don't accidentally melt it or something. No idea about potentiometers.
>>
Today my phone had a soft brick.
in recovery i made a full nandroid backup.
after a fresh install i want to restore some apps data.
i go into /root/data/data but after i copy all the files from my backup the app stop working.
i saw an old backup of titanium backup and i don't get what i'm missing

thanks
>>
Is 16 gigs of RAM still good enough or is it RAMlet status now?
>>
>>60500741
Enough for what? Even 4 gigs is plenty if all you do is shitpost, unless you're stupid enough to use wangblows.
>>
File: 23433434.jpg (30KB, 1140x674px) Image search: [Google]
23433434.jpg
30KB, 1140x674px
I want to have a simple setup like this to connect a PC and PS4 via ethernet at the same time.

I got a splitter and it works when it goes like Modem > Splitter > Either PC or PS4 but if I try to connect both, it doesn't work.

Any ideas? Maybe this isn't just "plug and play" as I thought.
>>
>>60500836
A splitter as in it just splits the signal to each device? Because yeah, that's not going to work. You can't have more than one device per cable, ethernet just isn't designed for that.
>>
File: 400.jpg (24KB, 1108x400px) Image search: [Google]
400.jpg
24KB, 1108x400px
>>60498976
The screen disconnect randomly. The sound sometimes go off too. I uninstall the gpu driver and the same. I downgrade the driver version and the same. I disconnect the gpu and use it directly from mobo and works. What are my options now? How could I check what is wrong with the gpu (amd r7 260x)

PD: In screen options are connected 2 monitors (which I only have one). The other one does not let me change any settings and enter their properties either. Pls I need help
>>
>>60500884
Any way to do this without having to roll another cable from the modem?
>>
>>60500929
A router.
>>
Is there a way to retrieve the memory from a bricked smartphone. Specifically a HTC M8. I dropped it and the battery seems to have disconnected as the phone won't power up, but connecting the charger displays the charge screen as normal, just nothing is charged. Connecting the USB to my PC doesn't work as the device is not recognised.
>>
>>60500943
Fuck, router I mean.

I guess there's no other option, I could try a way to enhance the wifi signal since it is very weak on that room and I can use it on the PS4.
>>
>>60500741
This RAMlet thing is a joke anon
8 gigs is more than enough
>>
>>60500979
You could also try one of those powerline ethernet things.
>>
>>60499327
it's fine
t. bs in ee
>>
>>60500929
nope.
just take another cable and zip tie the two together until you want them to split to save space
>>
what's the best way to convert flac files to opus where I can control things like bit rate on Windows or Linux? (I have access to both)
>>
should I put Linux on my resume if I set up my own Arch configuration and am applying to basic IT jobs? I wouldn't say im *nix sysadmin hacker man but I know how to use the CLI.

Just trying to figure out what to put on my resume since I have really little "real world" experience and no internships
>>
>>60501151
ffmpeg, on both platforms
>>
>>60498976

It's been four years. My i5 3.4 needs a what, new thermal paste or and new CPU? Also when do you ever need to change out a motherboard?

Thank you for understanding.
>>
My PC had motherboard issues recently, and after I got it repaired, whenever I try to move big files from my main hard drive to the secondary, the secondary one disconnects/stops existing. (The first time, my main hard drive disconnected too.)
I've managed to work around it by shutting it down and pushing in the cables connecting them to the motherboard, but can I do that without shutting it down too, or will it be damaged?
>>
>>60501378
Depends entirely on what's the problem you're trying to solve, dude.
>>
Is a wireless PCIe card better than a usb one? I'm not really concerned about portability but the back of my tower faces a wall that's between it and the router. Asking since my current card seems to have crapped out on me and can't pick up any wireless connections.
>>
>>60501383
Also, is it safe to leave the PC running when that happens (since the main hard drive is still working), or is there any risk of damage to the secondary one?
>>
>>60501415

My GPU died without a second warning so I'm just scared, It doesn't look like anything was wrong with it. First my OS died then as soon as I updated my GPU driver in safe mode it died.

What I'm asking is a manual or an faq when tackling this problem.
>>
File: C736rsUXwAQp29g.jpg (104KB, 640x847px) Image search: [Google]
C736rsUXwAQp29g.jpg
104KB, 640x847px
>>60500530
done thx anyway
>>
File: erdgerjgjnei.png (7KB, 710x125px) Image search: [Google]
erdgerjgjnei.png
7KB, 710x125px
/g/ can help me to install gcc/g++ (7.1.0) on Linux (debian) with the tar.bz2?

I try like this :
tar -xjf gcc-7.1.0.tar.bz2
cd gcc-7.1.0
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
../configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-multilib
make

After the make :

configure: error: in `/home/bip/Desktop/Data/Programs/gcc-7.1.0/objdir/gcc':
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.
Makefile:4277: recipe for target 'configure-stage1-gcc' failed
make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-gcc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bip/Desktop/Data/Programs/gcc-7.1.0/objdir'
Makefile:22759: recipe for target 'stage1-bubble' failed
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bip/Desktop/Data/Programs/gcc-7.1.0/objdir'
Makefile:933: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
File: 1495117256717.jpg (174KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495117256717.jpg
174KB, 600x450px
>>60498976
How can I make internet on Ubuntu faster?
On Ubuntu my speed is 0.29 Mbps, but on Windows my speed is 1.88 Mbps.
(both tests ran on the same machine)
>>
>>60501758
>See `config.log' for more details.
>>
Can you expand the hardware of a development board like raspi? Is there a name for that? If I wanna add an eGPU, how do?
>>
>>60501793
Yes, this is the contains of config.log
https://pastebin.com/KkiJScQD
>>
>>60498976
Can you overclock a katana
>>
Why does notifications on my phone not work sometimes? I can use my phone and automatically update an app to check for updates but it shows 0 updates. Then in a few minutes I will receive 30+ updates from the last hour or so, just popping up at the same time.
>>
Just finished building a new pc : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DZwCPs
but after installing windows 10 and a few drivers on the motherboard's website, I start to constantly get BSOD "Stop Code: CACHE MANGER - what failed: NTFS.sys" when I install programs or open files. Can anyone help?
>>
Should I overclock a SuperClocked GTX 1050ti?
I heard overclocking decreases the card's lifetime.
>>
>>60500017
Please respond
>>
I'm partitioning my 240 gb ssd. I have another 750gb hdd for storage of most things; how much do i need for ubuntu? only like 20-30gb on the ssd to be comfortable right? how much free space should windows 10 always have so it doesnt slow down?
>>
File: I will play Overwatch with you.jpg (176KB, 1280x1053px) Image search: [Google]
I will play Overwatch with you.jpg
176KB, 1280x1053px
Games I emulated with Wine ran better on Ubuntu; I made a recent switch to Manjaro for kicks and I noticed they don't perform as well. Any particular reason? I don't think I'm using a different driver or anything
>>
public static ArrayList<Record> readRecords(String fName)

This method is mean to read a txt file which is given by fName, but how is that possible when it is of type String?
The method apparently must read the file and return null if an IOException occurs, but again, I don't know how you're meant to pass a file to a String parameter?
>>
>>60503231
>but how is that possible when it is of type String?

The string is the file path or name.

So you need to figure out "How do I read a file from a path in java?" and "how do I do things with exceptions in java?"

Or more importantly,
"What is a java exception", and so on.

When learning to program stuff, break it into the smallest parts and simply look up and learn how to do those parts.

If this is from a course or something, then there may be more specific details or restrictions that you should pay heed to. (i.e. "Don't use the File class")
>>
Google keeps giving me the wrong answers, like people wanting to mix and match RAM in the same channel. I have two matching 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks in one channel and want to upgrade to 16 GB now, is there any harm at all in getting two matching 4 GB sticks that don't match the ones of the other channel? The RAM is still available, but it's about ten bucks more expensive than others.
>>
File: Untitled.png (144KB, 666x437px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
144KB, 666x437px
I downloaded a fix for a game and this file is acting weird as fuck
>every time I try and move it from anywhere but my desktop explorer.exe crashes
>every time I right click it explorer.exe crashes
>every time I try and rename it explorer.exe crashes
>said fuck it and decided to delete it
>it gets stuck on this for 15 minutes so far
How the fuck do I get rid of this fucking thing?
>>
>>60503351
No. it will just run at the lowest speed between the sticks unless you force it otherwise.
>>
>>60503231
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/File.html#File(java.lang.String)

You can use that string to create a File object.
>>
>>60503382
Shut down the computer, then boot from a live-USB?
>>
I'm using Hex Editor Neo and I can't find the button or window to change file size. Where is it?
>>
>>60503382
What happens when you delete from the cli?

Anywho, you could always just boot into another OS to delete it if Windows is being pissy. I did that for some files that Windows 7 just couldn't deal with.

Though the last time something like that happened to me, it was a HDD issue.
>>
>>60503382
Try deleting it from command line. If you have bash for windows installed then you can try that as well.
>>
>>60503394
Oh right, my RAM is 2133 MHz and these cheaper ones are 1600. It probably doesn't even matter for performance, but fuck it, I'll just buy the same ones so it's 2133 MHz.
>>
>>60503382
linux live cd
and delete it via that
or try safe mode
>>
>>60502474
bottom 0.01%?
>>
>>60500836
If I'm reading your question correctly you really want a switch or hub. Craigslist one for $10.
>>
File: webm.png (107KB, 1735x891px) Image search: [Google]
webm.png
107KB, 1735x891px
Is there a way to get an actual thumbnail for webms? I'm tired of opening them to confirm that it's the one I want.
>>
>>60503430
This is a little time sensitive so if anyone knows I'd really appreciate it. The help documentation just tells you how to use the popup window, not how to actually open it.
>>
>>60503490
anyone reckoning?
>>
>>60503316
>>60503418
Yeah I didn't read the parameter name...
Thanks.
>>
>>60503537
Icaros
>>
I was dual booting Windows 7 and Debian from the same drive and for no discernible reason I can no longer access GRUB. Now when I turn on my PC it tries to boot from network and just sits there. When I interrupt it and select my drive nothing happens. I have neither Debian nor Windows 7 installation media. What can I do?
>>
How to store private PGP keys when I need to regularly use it for decryption?

I see people saying how they split it in multiple parts, encrypt each part separately and print it on a QR code and store each printed QR code in a different physical location or whatever.

Obviously this is not practical when you need to use the key to decrypt emails on a regular basis.
So, how do I keep the private key relatively safe, yet handy for use?
>>
File: 1494301500803.jpg (21KB, 406x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494301500803.jpg
21KB, 406x340px
>>60503603
>Icaros
Thanks, that really helps a lot.
>>
>>60503609
Sounds like the drive might be dead. Not much you can do without either booting from another source or trying it in a different computer.
>>
so I have an instance of rtorrent running and I want to access that same instance through rutorrent. How do I do that? Do I just type in 127.0.0.1/rtorrent, or am I doing something wrong? Because that doesn't work.
>>
File: 1495079627395.jpg (29KB, 198x284px) Image search: [Google]
1495079627395.jpg
29KB, 198x284px
>>60499524
Since no one came with an answer, try killing it (taskkill /f /im explorer.exe)
To launch it again use Ctrl Shift Esc to open Task Manager > File > Run new task > explorer

(its not a workaround but)
>>
what's the best windows for pirating? I want something that can run gaymes and let me overclock my video cards that is free but also that can get updated and not get ransomwared and whatnot.
>>
>>60503777
I'll have the flying pigs bring you an install disc.
>>
>>60503777
All of these things have nothing to do with each other
>>
>>60503803
>>60503810
which is it?

I had a windows 7 or 8 educational liscence but I don't know if it still works, and I don't want that windows 10 telemetry.

Aren't there "activation tools" for windows 7 or something?
>>
How the fuck do I fix the MMS on my phone. I can't send photos or even view certain people on my list. It's been like this for a year.
>>
Are there any safe/secure places to download WinRAR? I'm really paranoid about getting viruses and I don't like the Windows App store
>>
>>60503854
www.win-rar.com/download.html
>>
>>60503854
7-zip.org
>>
Anybody know what the fuck happened here?

I figured it was Daisy chained but there is only one cat 5e cable coming in... Why the fuck would someone do this?
>>
>>60503854
apt-get install rar unrar
brew install rar unrar
yum something or other
>>
>>60503920
maybe it got cut and they had no other tools on-hand to fix it.
>>
>>60503854
>2017
>FailRar
>>
File: 1492760860736.jpg (83KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1492760860736.jpg
83KB, 680x680px
I suspect I have a problem with my ram, the symptoms of this problem is any and all programs crashing. The most frustrating and most common instance is games, but even shit like chrome tabs will crash and become unresponsive. I also get bluescreens from time to time (maybe once a week) and the error that the bluescreen shows is something about memory management.

I guess my question is, is there any way to actually diagnose my memory besides the built in windows program? That turns up clean every time but there's clearly something fucked up. The problem is I upgraded to 16gb only 7 months ago, so it could even be my motherboard unless the sticks were defective.
>>
>>60503976
memtest
>>
How can pajeets and chinks sell office keys for 15 bucks on sites like kinguin?
Microsoft doesn't seem to offer regional pricing for their products.
>>
>>60503833
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

7 works for most things, although microsoft intentionally makes it a bit of a pain to install initially. Unless you're playing one of the few games that requires 10, or using some hardware without backwards compatibility, you're good.
>>
>>60504014
Microsoft offers all kinds of regional and other pricing options to high volume customers.
>>
>>60503645
It comes preconfigured if you do a klite codec installation, so you can make it part of your ninite routien
>>
Any good replacement for Extratorrents? No private ones pls.
>>
>>60503948
Problem is that I've put a RJ45 end on and I get nothing.
I have 5 cables going to the line of demarcation at the phone box I brought inside but 7 phone jacks throughout the house... So I know some were Daisy chained.

I've got one working so far so I know I didn't do the wire matching wrong.

What is the right way to splice two cat 5e cables together? The twisted end caps looks very wrong.
>>
File: 1484064384467.jpg (35KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1484064384467.jpg
35KB, 300x347px
Is it a good idea to buy used cpus? Does the cost benefit out way the shorter lifespan? Looking to build a budget gaymur pc with an i3 6xxx or 7xxx no overclocking. Also, any components I should avoid buying used?
>>
>>60504043
Without context, my next guess was that they were using the cabling for something else, like speaker wire or power, of all things.
>>
>>60504043
Maybe it was a failed attempt.
>>
>>60504070
All terminated in phone jacks using only one twisted pair
>>
>>60504045
>Is it a good idea to buy used cpus?
Sometimes. You can apparently get really great deals on used Xeons.
>Looking to build a budget gaymur pc with an i3 6xxx or 7xxx no overclocking
Don't. Get a pentium 4560 instead. There are very few reasons to get an i3 now that pentiums have hyperthreading.
>>
fx6300 with a gtx760 2gb

just added a 2560x1080 display to my two 1920x1080 displays, pushing a total resolution of 6400x1080, and intend to play games at 2560x1080.

What would you upgrade first, cpu or gpu?
Before the monitor upgrade I was thinking cpu, but now I'm thinking gpu on account of the pixels
>>
>>60504127
Both of them could really use upgrading but I'd probably go for new GPU first, since Kepler has aged terribly.
>>
I've just now downloaded the MVPS HOSTS file for ad blocking. Everything seems to work fine, but I've skipped the part where you have to disable the DNS client. I didn't do it and I didn't notice anything slowing down like they said it would. Should I disable it anyways? Does it even has a purpose for everyday browsing?
>>
>>60504043
it looks like the rj45 connector going into port 6 was wired backwards
>>
>>60504235
Thanks
Will fix and report back

Doesn't explain why two different ends aren't responding...
>>
Im building a atom based quiet router machine and i was planning on getting a picoPSU.

So does anyone experience with that brand of PSUs and is there alternative?
>>
>>60504015
I actually managed to activate my "unactivated" version of 10 pro using my 8 edu key. Is there a way to disable telemetry on this?
>>
>>60504479
W10privacy gets a lot of it
>>
>>60504499
cool, I can't wait to overclock my 7970 in bios and boot back into my hackintosh os :^)
>>
Why do some domain name services offer top level domains which others don't have?
>>
File: m_dux71bk.jpg (146KB, 1500x965px) Image search: [Google]
m_dux71bk.jpg
146KB, 1500x965px
Alright, this isn't necessarily a very simple/stupid question, but I need some help and I didn't find a better thread.

So some anon on a recent mouse thread introduced me to pic related - M-DUX71KB. It's a japan-only mouse that really strikes my fancy. However, I'm having trouble figuring out a couple things, since finding English documentation is a challenge - mainly the sensor quality.

It's optical, and it's a decently high-end mouse. But the max DPI is much lower than what I normally see on high-tier sensors. Is that indicative of anything, or is that a retarded metric to judge the actual quality of the sensor? I obviously don't need meme DPI levels, so 6400 is more than enough - provided it isn't a symptom of the sensor generally being meh-tier.
>>
>>60504381
Nope. Fixed two connectors that we're wrong didn't change anything... I'll check all my wires and try every connection to find the Daisy chains..
>>
>>60504596
They can offer literally whatever they want.

Usually, however, they will comply with whatever the standard is called, which defines all the "normal" TLDs. Some will offer additional TLDs because they feel like it, or as a selling point, or something.
>>
Hello /g/, can you guys give me some good tech related pictures to update my battlestation with and frame? Bonus points for Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman or Terry Davis. Note: Has to be safe for work. Thank you!
>>
>>60504628
Thanks!
>>
>>60504602
>meme level dpi
>6400
>meme
Anything above 2000 is meme
>>
>>60504602
People don't use more than 4000 dpi . It's a bad measure. You say the mouse has an optical sensor, look for the sensor model number and do some research. You can even make a post on ocn mice forums. Those guys are the most knowledgeable when it comes to mice.
>>
>>60504619
Found a daisy chain connection...

What is the best way to wire these two back together? Should I just connect two RJ45 ends together or just twist them and use electrical tape?
>>
Made a thread about this, but that was a bad idea. Basically I live two stories above my home's router and the signal can get really shitty. Would a wifi booster/repeater work out? If so, where to go for a decent one?
>>
File: 1486035252443.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1486035252443.gif
12KB, 250x242px
https://www.amazon.com/MANHATTAN-Hi-Speed-Sound-Adapter-151429/dp/B00KQCV88U

Is this a nice economic alternative to a broken headphone port on my PC?
I'm not an audio autist so I can tolerate not pristine sound quality as long as it stays in the same quality range as if coming from the jack itself.
>>
>>60505119
Get usb headphones
>>
>>60505055
Yeah it would work out. IDK, find something with good reviews on amazon. Wifi isn't rocket science, anything you get will be worse than wired, and anything you get (exercising a little common sense) will be better than what you have now.
>>
>>60504962
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably do that.

Although I went on the japanese amazon and according to the google-translated reviews the build quality really doesn't seem stellar, so I'm really reconsidering my choice. Dang, and it looked like such a great mouse too.
>>
>>60501697
>>60501383
Anyone? It keeps happening.
>>
based on your experiences, how much space should i give to "/" and how much to "/home" (noticed some shit tries to go / goes to "/home" like Virtual Box VMs)
>>
>>60502387
sounds like a bug my dude
>>
What's the good email provider?
>>
>>60505602
20-40gb for /
RAM size + a little for swap (can be smaller if you will never use suspend-to-disk)
Rest for /home
They can be resized later (unless you're using some meme filesystem)
>>
File: Untitled.png (120KB, 1435x752px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
120KB, 1435x752px
I'm posting from this thread >>60502953

Basically my pc is buzzing and stuttering whenever I open a program. It's not the usb ports and devices. LatencyMon said probably it's something power related, but the cpu power throttling is already disabled on windows.
>>
File: 1400631718719.png (20KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1400631718719.png
20KB, 300x100px
Is there any tripcode generators that work with AMD cards? specifically 7900 series.
>>
>>60505722
http://www.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com/
>>
>>60505763
Meriken's Tripcode Engine
>>
>>60505763
Tripcodes are for JERKS. Dont use them
>>
>>60505602
All your packages and shit will be taking up space in /. All your personal files will be in /home.

Personally I hold big files (movies, game ROMs for emulators, pc games which are too big to be worth keeping on an SSD) on a separate drive, so my /home is just full of random crap and takes up maybe 30GB at most. To satisfy my autism I like 64GB, just to have all the free space I want.

/ depends on how many packages you want to install. Name any number and some autist will accuse you of bloat. I'm currently running short on the 12GB I initially allocated, but I barely install (big) stuff anymore because I have most of what I need. You could go 20GB for peace of mind, or if you know you plan to install a bunch of big software (e.g. multiple IDEs, multiple browsers, etc.) you could up it to like 30 or whatever - or just expand it when you need to.
>>
>>60505799
The goal is to expose someone else's code actually
>>
If you had to choose between those two, which one would it be /g/?

https://spokane.craigslist.org/sys/6140000762.html

https://spokane.craigslist.org/sys/6130189172.html
>>
Hey friends, I'm currently hesitant to buy an msata ssd I found on amazon. It's a 250GB samsung 850 evo. Since I dont live in murica, it is hard to come by one of these, since they're not usually in stock where I'm from. I asked my local retailer when, they'll be having them back in stock and they responded that it is at their "end of life expectancy". Anyone know what they meant by this? Should I buy the msata, or will it likely be DOA, if I get one now. Cheers.
>>
>>60505856
I'd go with the HP personally
>>
>>60505930
Either means something new is coming out or no more support for the product. SSDs in any form last a very long time
>>
Read the following statements and tick the box next to the correct answer.
int a = 10;
int b = 20;
a = b;
The new values of a and b are:
[ ] a = 20 b = 0
[X] a = 20 b = 20
[ ] a = 0 b = 10
[ ] a = 10 b = 10
[ ] a = 30 b = 20
[ ] a = 30 b = 0
[ ] a = 10 b = 30
[ ] a = 0 b = 30
[ ] a = 10 b = 20
[ ] a = 20 b = 10

I checked the right answer.. r-r-right?
I got the question from here:
https://blog.codinghorror.com/separating-programming-sheep-from-non-programming-goats/
>>
>>60506095
Ohh right. I ordered a 128GB Transcend ssd a couple days ago but just saw this 250GB samsung
for the same price. So I'll just cancel my other order, for this one.

Thank you sir.
>>
>>60506114
Yes. In the future, whenever you are unsure of some code, guess the result and then run it. If it wasn't the expected result, try and see why. In other words, make a conclusion, then try and understand why your conclusion is right or wrong.
>>
>>60498976

Could C++ simply have been an extension of the C libraries instead of being its own seperate language?

Was there really a need to make C++?

I don't really know much about C and C++, but if they're so similar, why didn't Linus torbjorn just make some add on libraries?

Like what's the big deal with all these swedish fish being all gay n shit?
>>
How do I remove the smell of cum from something?
>>
>>60506258
Swallow it, take a 2 hour rest, then induce vomiting
>>
>>60506224
>then run it
I don't have anything to run it in unless cmd can run that. Thanks for the advice though. I'm going to go to learnpython.whatever and get started.
>>
>>60506297
Just saw the link. Are you a non programmer? I

Python is popular as a first language because you can easily edit and run code.
>>
Hello again /g/oys, I'm now unsure, on whether to purchase these two items, a 128GB transcend
msa370 and a 250GB samsung 850 evo. Both are msata ssd's if that means anything. I also found a this site:
>http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Transcend-MSA370-mSATA-256GB-vs-Samsung-840-Evo-mSATA-250GB/m16272vsm5250

Im still very unsure and I'd like your guys opinion. Would the logical choice be to get the samsung?
Or is there something I'm missing, hidden in the specs? They seem pretty even to me except the memory size.
>>
I've used nginx before for just displaying static html and javascript but now I want to learn serverside things. With PHP I guess? Theoretically can't you do serverside programming in anything? What if I wanted to use like C or java, how do I set that up? My initial thing I want to do is just make a chatroom page where a client can type shit in and that goes to the server and is then displayed on the page to all other clients. I have no idea where to start.
>>
File: 1469359823256.png (58KB, 216x306px) Image search: [Google]
1469359823256.png
58KB, 216x306px
I'm downloading 8.1 off the Windows Store.
Can I pause the download and turn off the computer, then resume it where I left off? Or do I have to leave it on for a couple hours to do the magic uninterrupted?
>>
>>60506395
840 EVO != 850 EVO.

There is a huge difference when it comes to reliability.

850 EVO is the best you can buy when it comes to speed and reliability.
>>
>>60506258
Baby powder.
Clorex.
Etc.
>>
What are some of the most effective thermal pastes now? I know AS5 was the big cheese around the block for a while, but what about now?

Need CPU paste for a 5820k and NH-D15. Might add it to my GPU in the future too for the hell of it since no warranty. Don't plan on delidding my CPU, but might in the distant future.

Don't want liquid metal. Preferably anything non-conductive that can be in the presence of aluminium.
>>
How do I find a prostitute who uses GNU+Linux?
>>
>>60507057
artic cool
>>
Why are used GPUs on newegg and amazon all assfuck expensive to where nobody would want to buy them?
>>
>>60507074
Do you mean Arctic MX-4?
>>
>>60507057
AS5 is good but oudated.
Noctua NT-H1.
Arctic MX-4.
>>
>>60507083
Used GPUs are expensive on eBay too.
Sometimes they're just as much as new ones from the cheapest retailers.
>>
>>60507083
Because even when they are used they are still good.
>>
>>60507060
Find a woman who uses linux and ask her if she dual boots windows.
>>
>>60507074
>>60507099
Thanks for the links. Are there any reliable benchmarks showing which is superior?

From my understanding, the Noctua paste has higher mins but lower maxes, while the reverse is correct for the Arctic paste.
>>
>>60507194
Thanks for the suggestions.*
>>
>>60507194
MX-4 should be the best out the 3.

Still the difference is minimal.
2-3°C tops difference under stress.
>>
How secure are password managers? I'm planning to download one but can't help but be a little bit suspicious about it.
>>
Hello! Can anyone recommend good password managers? Thank you~
>>
>>60507228
Linux, Windows or Android?
>>
>>60507215
Use a well-known open source one.
I recommend KeepassX.
>>
>>60507289
>KeepassX
Thanks, wiki has this one as recommended as well, I'll go with that then.
>>
>>60507297
It works on Linux, Windows and Mac.
The only downside is, it has no synchronization mechanism. Backup the encrypted database file regularly
>>
>>60507251

I'll be using Linux and Android >>60507289 recommended KeepassX, is it any good? Thank you senpai!
>>
How do I deal with a splinter wound in a fingernail?
The splinter is out, but I want the help of /g/ approved masterminds.
>>
>>60507322
Yes it is.
>>
>>60507215
Single point of failure.Your master password is found out and your entire database is exposed.
Dont use password managers
>>
>>60507322
For Android, KeePassDroid on f-droid is open source and compatible with the keepassx format.
>>
What can i do with older graphics cards?

I have like 2 gtx560's and a 660
>>
>>60507329
>>60507355
Thank you all for helping! I'll look into these stuff.
>>
>>60507356
Add monitors to an old shitbox.
Give them to a friend.
Sell them on ebay.
>>
>>60507337
>Your master password is found out
The attacker also needs to acquire a copy of your database.
>>
>>60507383
And if he is already on your system what is preventing him from grabbing your database?
>>
>>60507396
If the attacker is on your system, they can intercept any passwords you use, and all your data, password manager or not.
Regardless, operating systems like Qubes or Subgraph protect you from that.
>>
>>60507445
>Qubes or Subgraph
Nothing protects you from a rat that you willingly give access
>>
Where's a good place to download manga at?
>>
>>60507466
How does the rat break out of Qubes' Xen container or Subgraph's Linux namespace?
>>
File: 20170520_212733~01.jpg (758KB, 3024x1759px) Image search: [Google]
20170520_212733~01.jpg
758KB, 3024x1759px
trying to convert some flac files to 128kbps opus with opus tools on Linux but keep getting this, what am I doing wrong? I don't have much experience with terminal stuff and I couldn't find a good gui front-end for opus tools so sorry if it's obvious

The command I put in was: opusenc --bitrate 128 "01 (Pearl Jam) Sometimes.flac" "01 Sometimes.opus"

Thanks
>>
>>60507592
nvm figured out the problem myself
>>
File: 78.png (40KB, 687x473px) Image search: [Google]
78.png
40KB, 687x473px
I'm thinking about upgrading to the following primarily for gaming:
>ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Mini 8GB GDDR5
$350
>AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Processor
$170
>MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350
$90
>Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
$60

Is this gud?
>>
File: IMG_20170521_033205.jpg (733KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170521_033205.jpg
733KB, 1920x1080px
So I thought I noticed some random screentear while watching a video, restarted Windows7, it took forever to go through the boot menu (no GUI boot) while showing off these random pixels on the top of the screen(usually there's only a few that indicate boot progress). When it finally booted all the animations were slowmotion.
What the fuck is going on?
>>
what's antivirus software should I use? pref a free version.
>>
>>60507711
malwarebytes
>>
>>60507694
The CPU is not the greatest fit for that GPU. Not 100% sure on this though, it probably wont bottleneck it, but its close.
>>
>>60507694
>AMD
Anyway, spend a little more on the CPU, you shouldn't spend that much more on your GPU than CPU.
Get a normal 1070, mini version will get too hot.

Dont cheap in your PSU, get a EVGA or any superflower clone PSU.
>>
>>60507705
Bad cable / damaged GPU.
>>60507711
Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, uBlock Origin with multiple lists.
>>
>>60507711
>>60507805
thanks anons
>>
>>60507705
Same shit happens to me when I restart my PC after finishing downloading new Windows updates so I'm not sure if it's caused by the same thing but going to ''System Recovery Options'' after restarting computer and clicking ''Startup Repair'' helped me in my case.
>>
>>60507862
>>60507805
no idea, I just turned off the PSU for like 2 minutes, rebooted and it works fine.
My previous GPU was also supposedly damaged(seeing as how I got a rma on it) but I couldn't actually prove it or test it, tortured it with shit like furmark for a whole day and nothing.
>>
>>60507845
Reccomendation, if your PC is not good end the Malwarebytes trial right away.

You only need the scanner, not the other malwarebytes services.
>>
>>60507902
Boot into Linux and check if the problem persists.
If it works correctly then your windows partition is corrupted, if it doesnt your GPU is damaged.
>>
>>60507916
it works fine in Windows now as well
>>
>>60494805
In my experience, yes, it is. from this point on there's no telling how long the drive will last.
Make backups.
>>
File: 2017-05-20-221752_1700x70_scrot.png (10KB, 1700x70px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-20-221752_1700x70_scrot.png
10KB, 1700x70px
Did anyone else's theme break on Firefox 53? it defaulted to the Manjaro one and I'm bummed + manually building the Arc theme from the repo didn't solve the problem.
>>
I wanna increase autism levels. Recommendations on programs that use .gifs (or .mp4s, or .webms, or ...) as wallpapers on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)?
>>
>>60508243
have you already tried this guide for gifs?
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=926519

I couldn't find a good guide for video wallpapers, since this is a kind of niche desire I'm afraid you're stuck trying out all the weird programs suggested for video files over the years
>>
>>60507060
Just give any hooker a printout of some linuxy phrases
>ooh yeah baby, mnt your dongle and then fsck me so hard
>ooh you're such a big man page
>>
File: w.gif (14KB, 266x394px) Image search: [Google]
w.gif
14KB, 266x394px
How do I change the text of a web page element so that it shows some other static text?
I'm assuming I have to use Greasemonkey to write a little script but please help I'm retarded.
>>
>>60508353
Just one time? Right click it, go to Inspect Element, then expand the element that's highlighted, double click the text, hit enter
>>
>>60508370
No I want it to be changed automatically whenever I visit that page.
>>
>>60508380
If you're using Firefox, try FoxReplace
>>
>>60500836
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16833704042
>>
>>60508410
That's the idea but the text I want to replace changes, I want it to be customized and static.
>>
>>60508423
FoxReplace supports regex
>>
>>60508465
Is there a similar thing for Chrome?
>>
File: 1494580643455.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1494580643455.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>60507211
MX-4 it is. Thank you for helping me decide!
>>
How do I download m3u8 files in any linux distro?
>>
>didn't know what I wanted to do
>meandered around Community College for almost 4 years taking a little bit of everything
>transferring to university in Fall to get Bachelors in Computer Science
>realized because I dicked around in CC that I'm 80 credits short of my BSCS
>state has a "no dicking around" law that requires my school charge me double tuition for excess credits

Has anyone ever disputed something like this before successfully or am I just shit out of luck?
>>
wtf, I paid for a month of NordVPN to test it out, and while I've got all kinds of ip checking sites telling me that I'm the VPN server (except one which inexplicably says I'm neither my real address, or the VPN...).

But it's still massively failing dnsleaktest which is still only showing my ISP.
>>
What was that one recommended tool to limit cpu usage?
>>
File: qbittorrent.png (6KB, 384x46px) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrent.png
6KB, 384x46px
Not limiting my upload speed fucks up my download speed, what causes this and what can I do to prevent that?
>>
>>60509065
Limit your Upload speed to 50% of what it is.
20% tops.

Bandwidth bottleneck.
>>
>>60509060
Nevermind fixed it :^)

http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/4biz.asp
>>
>>60509060
Why?
>>
>>60509266
Nvidia Inspector or frame limiters only affect things using hardware acceleration, things using software renderer won't be affected.
>>
>>60509089
Yeah, seems like limiting either of them helps the case. But I don't understand what causes the bottleneck.
>>
I'm really enjoying web scraping with Python.
It's probably the first really satisfying thing I've learned since starting to learn programming.
>>
>>60509286
Its a bandwidth bottleneck.
Happens for 2 things, shitty router or your ISP gives you one.

Usually the latter happens in 95% of the cases, its normal, there is not a lot you can do about it other than limiting your upload speed.

Dont decrease it to something absurd like 1-5KB/s because it will give you problems too.
>>
>>60509303
>>60509286
>Why it happens
Because your ISP gives you a limit of how much you can download and send.
>>
File: Speedtest result.png (7KB, 483x98px) Image search: [Google]
Speedtest result.png
7KB, 483x98px
>>60509303
It's probably the latter like you said, well shit. I'm busy with the progress of changing that at least. Thanks for all the help.
>>
File: 1458779907248.png (168KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458779907248.png
168KB, 500x500px
How to make firefox use mpv when watching embedded or youtube videos. Using ubuntu if thats important
>>
>>60509319
>0.10Mb upload
Where are you from? i live literally in the middle of nowhere in a ranch in Mexico and i have 5Mb upload for $13.
>>
>>60509328
Turkey. I pay $25 for this shit that has 50 gb bandwidth cap as well. There's an alternative rising lately, fortunately.
>>
File: 6313873727.png (32KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
6313873727.png
32KB, 300x135px
>>60509352
That is good to hear, your internet is really slow and upload speed limits you from doing a good amount of stuff.
Also anything under 5Mb Download for most relevant stuff this days, example, 720p streaming.

I pay $13 for this and is not even the best option where i live but its available near my ranch.
>>
I use MPC with madvr, lav filters, and I throw AC3filter in there because reasons. My soundcard is connected to an A/V receiver via optical cable.

What I would like is for AC3Filter to only kick in when:
The audio has 5.1 or more channels, which would necessitate downmixing to 5.1 and encoding to ac3.
The audio is not in ac3 or dts, which are the only surround formats my receiver recognizes.

Is there a way to solve this? Is there a better solution?

I believe the added step of ac3Filter (when unnecessary) may be causing a minor sync issue, which is why I want to work it out.
>>
>>60509363
Yeah, internet is kinda exhausting with this connection. Those are pretty good speeds though, especially if you live the middle of nowhere, I'm happy for you. Have a good day, Mexican anon.
>>
>>60509404
Why are internet speeds improving for you? a new ISP opened or your current one is upgrading everything?
>>
>>60509412
Moving to a new ISP, had to pay a decent amount of money for breaking the contract but I'm not gonna deal with with the current one for another more year, I'd go crazy.
>>
>>60509427
What speeds is your new ISP offering you?
>>
>>60509433
Download is up to 50MB, upload is up to 5, no data cap and price is fixed at $20 no matter how fast your connection. No data cap was the selling point for me, it's very annoying seeing your download speed falls to 200kB at max after downloading 50GB. Granted, upload speed is not amazing but it's the best one amongst what ISPs offer to home connections.
>>
>>60509451
Well is not like upload speed is too important anyway.
Sounds good but "up to" doesn't mean it will always work at that speed, still sounds way better than your current one specially since it doesn't have a data cap.

Enjoy your new internet speeds.
>>
File: audio.jpg (222KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
audio.jpg
222KB, 1600x1065px
So, I have a pretty good lossless music selection on my main pc but I want to scale it down for my phone for capacity concerns, what's the best codec to use on Android?
I was reading that Opus is a goat choice, is this right?
What is the recommended setting to be near flac quality?
>>
Is Intel Me something to be legitimately concerned about and do Yorkfield CPUs have them?
>>
>>60509522
Kinda if you are paranoid.

No C2D CPU has it.
>>
>>60509487
Yeah, but I look up from several ISP's ''test your connection'' page how much bandwidth can my connection deal with it and it's around 50 MB mostly. Also I made a mistake in my previous post, this new ISP support up to 100 MB bandwidth, it's just my connection is not good enough for that.

Thanks for your good wishes.
>>
I have a problem with spotify where's it's playing the song more quietly than the volume it's set at.i like to turn the volume all the way up on the bus. also sometimes when a new song stars, it momentarily plays extremely loudly before going back to normal.

i've set the normalize volume option to off.

how can i fix this?
>>
File: 1495207090507.jpg (17KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1495207090507.jpg
17KB, 206x237px
/v/ ignores anything that isn't console wars or /pol/ bait so I'm coming to you guys for help.

My G400 finally died and I need a new gaming mouse. Problem is the G400's are $70+ now. What do you guys recommend?
>>
How to mine ethereum on Windows 10 pc?
>>
File: 52.png (26KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
52.png
26KB, 160x160px
Should I get an RX 580 8gb or RX 480 4gb + a penetrable sex toy?

For 1080p gaymen
>>
>>60509639
RX 580 8GB.
Tell me, how often do you change your GPU?
>>
>>60509487
>not like upload speed is too important
So wrong. People underestimate the amount of shit that is caused by not having enough upload for your download.
>>
File: IMG_20170520_213954821_HDR.jpg (493KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_213954821_HDR.jpg
493KB, 1333x1000px
>>60498976
why did i waste 250 dollars on a ten year old anemic laptop with chinese letters on it to play chinese sex games
>>
>>60509672
Bad parenting?
>>
>>60509646
Well I got my GTX 770 3 years ago
>>
Is there an open source licence where the code is freely available, but you have to pay to use a compiled version, can't fork it and can't freely distribute it?
>>
I need a good gif viewer, something like JpegView
>>
>>60509858
Xnview for something advanced and not only for gifs.
Honeyview after some settings for something basic.
>>
What would I gain from buying a router if my modem is a router/modem combo? Is it necessary or would you recommend buying one?
>>
>>60509980
if it's ISP provided anything you buy will be better and probably will be more secure, maybe

honestly you should get a new modem and router
>>
>>60509980
If you don't need any advanced features, not much
>>
>>60509760
Sounds like a visible source license
>>
>>60509993
No, I don't use an ISP provided modem, just wondering if it's necessary or not.
>>60509999
Can't say I need it. I'll probably not buy then, seems like it offers little to no reward for an average user.
>>
>>60510030
nah then you're probably fine
>>
>>60509980
If your ISP is shitty and gave you a gateway like the botnet arris TG series or motorola gateway instead a router then its a really good idea to replace it and use a real router trough bridge mode.

>What do i gain
Total control.
>>
How does one begin mining ethereum with a gpu on Windows?
>>
What is the modern version of the WRT54GL? i wanna get a router to replace the shitty gateway my ISP uses.
>>
What website did you guys use to have an online VM?
>>
>>60498976
Just got Fedora. How do I make it so I can post in screenfetch threads now? Make it look all sleek and simple.
Also, firefox or chrome? And what addons/extensions?
>>
>>60510082
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UVN20T0/
>>
>>60510246
Is it just as good?
>>
I would like to mine some coins.
I actually do not want to make money, I just want to mine one or two coins and then stop.
basicly just for the luls.

What cryprocurrency should I use where I can get fast some coins ?
>>
>>60510270
>>>/biz/
>>
>>60510223
Get GNOME and GTK themes and an icon pack.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux_ricing
>>
>>60498976
Looking for good speakers to do rain sounds (I have a loud neighbor). Must have decent bass, Bluetooth not required. Under fifty bucks preferred. Any recommendations?
>>
if i stuck a stick of butter up my wifes ass would it slowly leak out

and would it work as lube
>>
>>60510451
Margarine will work better since its literally oil.
Butter is harder to clean and wont be as effective.

There are better and cheaper lubes if you wanna try anal masturbation.
>>
>>60510471
I'm sure you're an expert but I don't need you inserting your sick fetishes where they don't belong
>>
>>60510490
Hey, he asked.
>>
>>60510497
I want that written on my tombstone
>>
What would defragment my HDD do?
>>
I got really interesed in this meme of the "internet of things"

Basically where should I start to learn about managing lots of servers and handle requests from users in a web app? I know some about programming and shit around, pls help anons
>>
>>60510661
It moves data around so your files can be read more efficiently
>>
Why do companies include a compatible hardware list with their motherboards when there's so much not included? Is that the hardware that been 'officially' tested or something?
>>
>>60510823
Yes
>>
>>60510823
Depending on their hardware and the company its excuse to dont make valid the warranty or to avoid people asking customer support why their hardware isnt being supported.

Example, RAM speeds, with some DDR3 RAM sticks it will reach 2600MHz with any stick but not all sticks will be able to run at 3200MHz like the motherboard says.
Other example are M2 SSDs, some will work with SATA and others with NVMe, but not all motherboards like SATA M2 SSDs.

Its what been oficially tested and the maker can confirm it works.

>TLDR
Its to avoid them giving you warranty or support if something is not compatible.
>>
>>60506964
Oh what the heck?! Didn't notice it said 840, my bad.
Anyways I went for the transcend, since the samsung was a lil over my budget.
>>
>>60511154
There is a moderate-huge difference when it comes to speed and reliability between transcend and Samsung SSDs, but still faster than a HDD.

You should have gone for the 850 EVO.
>>
File: 1493564167436.jpg (115KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1493564167436.jpg
115KB, 500x667px
>>60499327
Just run a quick power calculation to see if you can save some cash. Remember, P = IV.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter. Max rating just states what the component can handle.
>>
>>60500367
TeamViewer works pretty well.
>>
>>60498976
>Is it worth bothering with ICC profiles?
Only if you want color accuracy and you have a calibrator.

You could attempt to hijack someone else's profile if they have the same monitor model, but there's no telling if it's going to be accurate for your panel, since there are going to be color variations for each.
>>
>>60500380
Shit, wrong reply.

Only if you want color accuracy and you have a calibrator.

You could attempt to hijack someone else's profile if they have the same monitor model, but there's no telling if it's going to be accurate for your panel, since there are going to be color variations for each.
>>
>>60500128
Well, good luck with that cause even kids with college degrees have a hard time with finding jobs.

Internships are easier to land though.

Step 1: make sure you actually know how to code. Get some personal projects under your belt and learn some algorithms.

Step 2: make a good resume. Look up resources on how to make it not suck.

Step 3: find companies that you want to intern at and apply. Linkedin, stack overflow, monster jobs, and direct sites work. If all else fails, just Google their number and ask if they have any internship opportunities. Heck, dress decently and just show up at their front door with a code portfolio and your resume.

One thing that works, at least for engineering jobs, is calling to say that you're in the area and asking if you could stop by for a tour or visit.
>>
>>60501209
I don't see why not. Just watch those Linux system admin vids on YouTube and actually master the command line.

The real question is did you understand what you did when you installed arch or did you just blindly follow a 3rd party tutorial? A competent Linux user wouldn't need one; they'd be able to do it just using the readme on the installation disk. They'd also be able to install it to their liking with their own partition scheme and configuration settings.
>>
If my current PSU can run an i5 3570 and radeon HD6850, can it run a RX 480?
>>
I've been recommending Wordpress on a VPS for small (1-10) companies to use as a business site. It is cheap, works out of the box, plugins cover most use cases and you can probably hire people to maintain/upgrade it in the long run, otherwise learning the dashboard is not that hard.

OTOH WP is kind of a trainwreck, should I look into other CMS? What is hot in current year? It has to work flawlessly, these people are cheap when it comes to IT and won't pay engineering hours
>just a small favor bro
>>
>>60501558
So what, the front of your tower doesn't have a wall between it and the router either?

Just get the PCI-E card. It'll have much better range and be a much better NIC overall.

The USB one is more convenient, but that's about it.
>>
>>60501383
Sounds like you need a new set of SATA cables or your mobo headers are just fucked. Could also be that your OS (presumably windows) isn't detecting them automatically.

Also, you should be fine, as the standard allows for hot-swappable drives. I'm assuming they're SATA and not the old ribbon cable ones.
>>
>>60501378
Unless your temps are high and you absolutely need the processing power upgrade, you're probably fine. Sure, you can reapply some thermal paste if you want, but you should be ok.

Since you haven't complained about your PC being slow, you're probably ok
>>
>>60511581
Yes.
>>
>>60498976
I just bought a mechanical keyboard and i am having problems with it double pressing space, when i font press it twice.

I bought the motospeed CK104 Inflictor.
>>
My case's power button is sticking when I turn on my pc, can I just spray some lubricant on it and be fine?
>>
File: GPU clocks.png (27KB, 801x404px) Image search: [Google]
GPU clocks.png
27KB, 801x404px
I'm getting roughly 30 fps in WoW in the world at meduim settings. It doesn't seem right because I have had 60+ fps easy on high/ultra settings. I reinstalled the drivers for my GPU and I got good fps on my gpu then my computer screen would randomly say "HDMI signal not found" and I would have to restart. Then it went back to the low settings....

OCAU Sponsors
OCAU IRC
Online Vendors
Motorcycle Club
Forums
Enter Forums
Private Messages
View New Posts
UserCP

Current Threads
Australian Property in 2017 - Pr.. (2319)
Trump presidency and government (5924)
Consolidated Business & Ente.. (23905)
MythTV General Discussion and Su.. (5789)
What did you do to your home today? (1788)
VIC20 troubleshooting (25)
Landscapes/drones (5)
Vivid - Sydney 2017 (9)
Oculus Rift CV1 (496)
The Surge: souls-like game in f.. (13)
Budget 2017 (164)
Magic the gathering - thinking a.. (167)
RC Multicopter Discussion Thread (953)
OCAU Ryzen Overclocking discussi.. (1175)
2017 F1 Silly, Pre-season and Se.. (326)

GIGABYTE HD 6970 OC 2GB

Date 6th April 2011
Author DiGiTaL MoNkEY
Editor James "Agg" Rolfe
Manufacturer GIGABYTE

Test Setup:
Today's test system consists of the hardware listed below, and as with all good testing a clean install is used and the latest Windows Updates are applied. The applications and games used in today's tests are the latest of what was available at the time of this analysis - links to demos and free trials are provided when applicable.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
12 gb RAM
GPU: GIGABYTE's HD 6970 OC
SMART 750W 80 Plus Bronze
>>
>>60511892
From "OCAU Sponsers"
to
"Test Setup:
Today's test system consists of the hardware listed below, and as with all good testing a clean install is used and the latest Windows Updates are applied. The applications and games used in today's tests are the latest of what was available at the time of this analysis - links to demos and free trials are provided when applicable"

I didn't know was added to reply, ignore it.
>>
File: auth.png (37KB, 629x480px) Image search: [Google]
auth.png
37KB, 629x480px
Is it ever unsafe to ignore security certificates if the URL is clearly valid and it's just the browser's problem? I.e. could going on amazon.com ever redirect me to a malware/phishing/etc site?
>>
>>60511871
Popping it up from inside the case worked for me, try it out. My next thing to try was to use some WD40 (lube)
>>
Dose anyone know of a way to live pipe a video my desktop to openCV on Linux. Maybe something using Xlib?
>>
>>60511860
Might need cleaning
>>
>>60511921
The URL-Bar shows the URL the Browser requested, not the site it actually received. So yes, working SSL/TLS is about the only way you can be sure you are not being redirected.
>>
File: 1469906889920.jpg (170KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1469906889920.jpg
170KB, 850x850px
>>60511926
Right, I have to do that every time since holding the power button on shuts my computer off, so it's a game of trying to push the power button just enough to turn on the pc but not enough to stick.
Glad to hear WD40 worked for you, will try a lube out, thanks.
>>
>>60511689
Yes, they're both SATA. I doubt it's Windows, since they were recognizing both drives just fine until a couple of weeks ago (and I could move more than 30GB, whereas now it stops working after 1), so it's probably the cables. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll see what can be done.
>>
Very stupid question ahead. My moto 360 failed and is not covered by warranty anymore. So i disassembled it and saw that one of the microscopic capacitors leaked a substance. Can you tell me if there's any way to fix it myself?
>>
new thread >>60512323
new thread >>60512323
new thread >>60512323
>>
Is there an android app that lets you change the delay ov optical imput audio?
>>
>>60511964
why dont you go be pedophile weaboo someplace else?
>>
>>60512252
maybe
>>
>>60512225
GLHF
>>
Any yall niggers answer >>60512751
Please?

>>60509672
Coz you hadn't heard of the GPD pocket, couldn't wait, or didn't wanna spend twice as much?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.