[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 46

File: op.png (69KB, 344x340px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
69KB, 344x340px
/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Post your dumbass questions
Google it first
>>
I just tried looking through a number of bookmarked torrent sites and they're all dead now. What are some recommended sites?
>>
>>60484650
1337x.to
>>
Should I apply to be a janitor and make /g/ great again?
>>
can i easily enable services in openRC like i can in systemd? like systemctl enable dumb.service
>>
I want to replace my gtx 680, I've been using this for 5 years now. Should I buy a used 970 or there's something better for about 190 bucks? Would the 970 be able to run the upcoming games for 2-3 more years?
>>
>>60485080
970 has trouble running games now. Why the fuck do you want it?
>>
File: 1492977781728.gif (201KB, 660x780px) Image search: [Google]
1492977781728.gif
201KB, 660x780px
How do I easily cut down a video to key moments without losing quality?
>>
Is the pirate bay down for anyone else? I'm afraid maybe my ISP blocked it or something. I'm only getting a cloudflare snapshot
>>
so i managed to make a dual display setup using my monitor and tv. The thing is its a little blurry on my tv. whats causing it?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-19-12-26-20.png (4MB, 1440x2296px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-19-12-26-20.png
4MB, 1440x2296px
1. Bought 1050ti due to /pcbg/ threads
2. Finally arrives
3. See tape on bolt
4. Not sure if I take off or no.

Thoughts?
>>
>>60485094
I have no idea what exactly do I need, so searched for a 4gb one and that's what I found in that prince range
>>
>>60485208
Leave it, it might be there for warranty
>>
>>60485208
It would be best to ask the retailer.
>>
I have Creative Inspire T6100 speakers in 2.1 configuration connected to my PC. Is there a way to have them connected to both PC and [spoiler]PS3[/spoiler] at once?
>>
>>60485600
What's your price range because 970 goes from $250-600 and a decent 1060 is like $250 right now on Newegg and it's just a bit better than a 970 outside of having more vram..
>>
what are websites like pluralsight
>>
>>60485846
About 180-200 bucks maximum for a while
>>
>>60485874
Lynda, tutsplus
>>
Security or privacy?
>>
File: rolls mini sereo mixer.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rolls mini sereo mixer.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
are these sorts of things any good?
I just want to be able to mix audio from my pc/consoles/phone/whatever without any fuss or degradation in quality.
I'm not exactly a discerning audiophile and my speakers aren't super expensive studio monitors but I don't want any fuzziness or whine introduced either.
>>
sup /g/ I want to format my old main HDD to be storage for my new SSD setup. How do i format and delete fucking everything on it and turn it all into unallocated free space?
>>
where can I find the CPU clock ratio in my bios. using:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

can't seem to find it.
>>
>>60486274
winkey+r diskmgmt.msc click the partition you want to reformat and reformat. pretty easy to use.
>>
how hard is it to make a compiler? how much work?
>>
>>60486323
im on linux right now
>>
Im building my first desktop pc next week after using pretty much just shitty laptops at my desk. I'm thinking about where to put the tower and I've kind of decided that I want it on the floor next to my desk, but I have a pretty thick carpet. Would it be a good idea to sit it on top of some cardboard or maybe a plank of wood or something just to keep it off the carpet directly? I'm not sure if static or something could be an issue.
>>
I am having problems opening every kind of Google based websites (youtube, gmail, google play, drive) regardless of the browser.
Every other website works normally, though.
Getting a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT from most of them.

Running a speed test shows my connection caps at half the speed it should be.
Tried the basic procedures to no success.
Any ideas on what could be the issue?
>>
File: 1493939591465.jpg (1MB, 783x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1493939591465.jpg
1MB, 783x1513px
What's a good utility that I can boot from a usb and format a hard drive from? I have 20+ machines with windows and accounts on them that need to be completely wiped. I don't have access to the accounts.
>>
>>60486480
DBAN
>>
File: 2017-05-19.png (13KB, 840x309px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-19.png
13KB, 840x309px
>>60484599
Is there a way to see here how many files there are inside a folder?
>>
>>60484650
thepiratebay.se
>>60486365
open gparted and make a new partition table
>>
>>60486480
gparted
>>
Is there a way to get Windows defender to fully fuck off on windows 10? All the guides I see are outdated.
>>
can i have a partition over 2GB on Windows 7 ?
AMD motherboard, Sata3

whats the best price/space hard drive atm ?
>>
>>60486711
Right click on the folder that your other ones are in, go to properties my dude.
>>
File: 1489547155763.webm (498KB, 1108x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489547155763.webm
498KB, 1108x450px
How do I fix this? The bottom portion of my desktop isn't really usable anymore after I launched a program.
>>
I want to get into webdev. Where do I start? Spoonfeed me, please
>>
>>60486852
Yes, you just need to use GPT instead of MBR. Do you want to install windows on the same drive? That gets tricky, you'll need to use the command line because the installer doesn't give you an option to use GPT.

>>60486370
Does it have air intakes at bottom? If it does (most cases have at least PSU there) then you'll need to raise it or otherwise your carpet will block air coming through. Otherwise it shoudnt cause any issues, your case should be touching the PSU which is grounded by your wall socket.

>>60486999
Frontend? Learn HTML + CSS first, then try adding simple functionality with javascript. Once you got that down it's time to pick a framework and start learning it.

On backend you first need to pick a language and learn the basics of it. After that it's mostly the same, pick a framework and do projects untill you've learned how it works.
>>
>>60487047
well, i will install windows in a 240 GB SSD, and use a 3TB (or bigger) for storage.
how do i choose between GPT and MBR ? do i need to do it during windows install?
>>
>>60487047
>Frontend? Learn HTML + CSS first, then try adding simple functionality with javascript
I'll start with this. What tutorials/sites would your recommend?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-155201.png (93KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-155201.png
93KB, 1440x2560px
Why the fuck won't Google assistant save my events?
>>
>>60486979
install a non windows OS
>>
>>60487090
This is what I got with a google search:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725671(v=ws.11).aspx

And no, you don't need to do anything during installation. Just install windows normally and then use command line or disk management tool to format the HDD into GPT. Your SSD will stay as MBR, but since it has such a limited capacity it doesn't really matter.

>>60487114
You could start by going through the w3schools tutorial to get the gist of it. After that just try writing a web page from scratch and google how to code various things to it. HTML & CSS are very simple languages, it shoudn't take too long to get decent at them.
>>
>>60487261
>HTML & CSS are very simple languages, it shoudn't take too long to get decent at them
Thanks for the advice, anon
>>
A while ago I read about the death of the Internet and how people were planing to run their own Internet that's range was about the size of a town/small city. It had and very cyberpunk sounding name. (I think.) I also seem to remember something about how "experts" wanted the current Internet to die so they could run a new safer kind of Internet that doesn't have all the vulnerabilities that this one does.

What is the name for these things or at least some words I can use in a google search that doesn't bring up how the NWO is going crash the internet. Thanks in advance.
>>
Why cant I save Clover pics to my SD card? I already formatted the card to be used as storage but the storage path is still showing only the tablets internal storage as valid
>>
>>60485208

Its there to cover the warranty, if you remove it the manufacturer assumes you modified the device somehow and therefor voided the warranty
>>
Is it a stupid idea to upgrade to an i7 and gtx 1080 if your mobo is pleb tier? everything is compatible, I just want to avoid changing mobo
>>
>>60487592
Well in most cases it wont make much of a difference as MB features aren't very important when it comes to performance. Other cases it will such as if your i7 is unlocked and you want to overclock.

Post your MB model? Also if it's for gaming don't get an i7 and stick with an i5.
>>
>>60487735
It's this one

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YDrG3C/asrock-motherboard-h97manniversary

I'm not that interested in overclocking right now but I was thinking of getting unlocked in case I decide to in the future.
>>
I've been using a 4 year old mac laptop that has been serving me well, but my school now demands a windows laptop (I don't think they'll accept my bootcamp windows), so I'm looking for something cheap and pretty reliable.

Are newer thinkpads still regarded as tanks in their durability? Honestly just need something that won't fail mid-test.
>>
On some websites, you can press a button or something and it remakes the page without redirecting to a new url, but changes the url to the new page.

How does this work? Just remove all the specific page elements, add the new page ones and change browser url?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 467x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 467x519px
What's the best VPN I can possibly get? NordVPN is painfully slow and PIA sold out to the Russians.
>>
>>60487942
New Thinkpads have shit build quality compared to the older models. X220 and T420 are still the best last time I checked.
>>
>>60487885
From what I understand OCing on a non Z board (yours is H as is H97M) requires messing with the BIO's which if screwed up might mean a new MB. There is also the issue of it having an older socket (1150) with the newer Intel cpu using 1151 it means upgrading to an older generation. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on many factors.

It would also help if I knew why you were upgrading. The 1080 sounds like vidya which isn't bad but it's also worth remembering very few games benefit from having a i7 over a i5. Money saved there could go towards a better GPU. On the other hand video editing gets more from an i7.
>>
Can ransomware encrypt already encrypted files?
>>
>>60488288
>HURR DURR
>>
>>60488302
thanks
>>
What is a good wireless lan stick?
Connectivity is not the problem but all of them break after like two year.
Is this coincidence?
>>
how do dual band routers work? will there be two things you can connect to or does it just pick the best one?
>>
Is there any android app that cam make my photos look like they are taken with GoPro?
That effect that make objects look much more far away, little curved
>>
>>60488450
fish eye
>>
>>60488221
Yeah sorry I should have said why. I'm looking to get a 1440p monitor and I currently have an i3 4950 and a Radeon R9 280X which usually get me below 60fps on even 1080p.

I don't do video editing so i5 would be fine. Thanks for letting me know. Money isn't really an issue. I just don't want all these powerful parts and then be limited by an old MB.
>>
Best android video player?
>>
I've installed the teamspeak.run, now how do I start it?
>>
File: specs.png (25KB, 626x509px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
25KB, 626x509px
I hate my GPU. Idk why but not mater what I use whether it's Crimson, Catalyst, or Evolved nothing seems to make my games optimized cause they'll freeze or lag. I had a laptop before this rig and it had Nvidia and would play games no problem.

Anyone have an idea why I'm having these issues? Here are my specs
>>
>>60488795
Vlc works great
>>
I just got a windows 10 laptop, never used windows 8 or 10. What should I install and get rid of on this thing?
>>
File: ps2_usb[1].jpg (21KB, 425x267px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_usb[1].jpg
21KB, 425x267px
I'm looking at this guide
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
For getting windows 7 running on a ryzen cpu. It seems like the easiest course of action is just getting a PS/2 keyboard to do the installation with.

I'll just buy a cheap one if I need to, but I have some of these usb to ps/2 adapters laying around from an absolutely ancient pc. Would these allow a USB keyboard to work?
>>
>>60489078
Sometime they do sometimes they don't, honestly
>>
>>60489029
Get rid of: Windows
Install: Gentoo
>>
>>60489092
welp, I'll probably try anyway. I have a pretty damn generic keyboard anyway so I imagine not much could go wrong.
>>
>>60485208

Why would you take it off to begin with ?
>>
>>60489078
Just slipstream USB drivers into your installation media.
>>
I just got a Raspberry and it included a heatsing. The issue is I have no idea how to apply it. Apparently it's "self adhesive" but I don't know what to do with it.
https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/DFRobot%20PDFs/FIT0367_Web.pdf
It's this exact model.
Any help? I tried peeling the bottom part but it looks like the entire thing is coming off revealing the copper
>>
I just had a fairly specific problem on Linux, that i already solved myself. But i'm wondering how this happened.
Basically, yesterday i used VLC Media Player to listen to some audio recordings, and i increased the volume to 125% in VLC so i can understand things better.
Then today, i opened the standard media player, i think it's Totem, to listen to music. But the music sounded slightly distorted. It took me a while to figure it out, but it seems that the volume increase to 125% carried over from VLC to Totem. Meanwhile, it didn't carry over to the whole system though, because the volume for Youtube videos (in firefox) was still normal.

Why is this?
>>
>>60489732
There should be an adhesive strip, you probably peeled off the entire thing instead of just the cover
>>
>>60489736
not a linux user but maybe they use the same volume setting

the distortion is caused by how amplifying audio works
>>
How did the "Debian/Arch - Linux for Lesbians" meme start? All the lesbians I know that don't use OSX use Ubuntu, and I know a lot of lesbians.
>>
>>60489685
Looks weird, housefire (?), and they might want you to take it off.
I'll call EVGA soon this week as they have great customer care anyways.
>>
Just assembled my first rig, what is the cheapest I can purchase a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit activation key, or what is the best alternative way to activate
>>
File: asdfgahg.gif (57KB, 294x85px) Image search: [Google]
asdfgahg.gif
57KB, 294x85px
How do I use some basic HTML to accomplish something similar to the spoiler tags in forums like pic related?
>>
>>60490024
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details
>>>/g/wdg/
>>
>>60490040
Nice, thanks. Though I'm completely retarded when it comes to style stuff or CSS or whatever so getting rid of the arrow might be a pain unless that general puts up with really noobish questions.
>>
>>60488955
Pls help guys
>>
>>60490162
My dude you know the answer already. You have fallen victim to the cruel meme known as AMD.
>>
does anyone have that "average network/system admin" pick wiht the dude who has a big fucking smile on his face
>>
File: 1489881246663.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1489881246663.png
392KB, 451x619px
I'm retarded.
Do I want Debian or Ubuntu coming from Windows 7?
>>
Does XWayland have good compatability?
>>
>>60490223
Fuck. Well is there any good Nvidia card at a decent price?
>>
Are there any PCIe 1x modules/adapters for Raspberry Pi or Orange Pi that don't require me to solder anything?
I'm searching the cheapest solution to connect PCIe x1 to one of these boards and I'd like to avoid spending money on any soldering kits.
>>
How to store private PGP keys when I need to regularly use it for decryption?

I see people saying how they split it in multiple parts, encrypt each part separately and print it on a QR code and store each printed QR code in a different physical location or whatever.

Obviously this is not practical when you need to use the key to decrypt emails on a regular basis.
So, how do I keep the private key relatively safe, yet handy for use?
>>
Is there any problem in taking the main hard drive straight out of one laptop and running it on a completely different laptop, or do you just have a bunch of unused drivers?
>>
>>60490227
nvm found it ;)
>>
File: win-drivers-recovery.jpg (1MB, 907x4001px) Image search: [Google]
win-drivers-recovery.jpg
1MB, 907x4001px
>>60490312
you can get blue screen because the mobo is different, personally I never tried with laptop but I did it with desktop and I got bsod, it required me to install the mobo drivers manually from the windows 7 boot disc in cmd, pic related.
>>
File: 2017-05-19.png (15KB, 840x309px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-19.png
15KB, 840x309px
>>60486895
Sorry, I didn't explain it well, so I'll edit my original pic.

I wanted something like pic related, where I can view and sort multiple folders based on the number of files inside them.
>>
>>60490223
AMD cards are fine don't lead people astray in /sqt/.
>>
Are there any screenshot addons for firefox that aren't bundled with crapware? Need something to screenshot a whole page, not just the visible part.

Awesome Screenshot works great but it collects your browsing data to feed you shopping ads
>>
>>60490389
Thanks anon.
>>
>>60490696
try this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13158083/take-a-full-page-screenshot-with-firefox/14830242#14830242
>>
>>60490246
I think you want a dick in your mouth.
>>
>>60490736
oh shit thank you
>>
what is the cheapest new or second hand eide nvidia graphics card that can run 2 monitors over dvi or hdmi.
>>
>>60490918
The cheapest thing you can find made in the last 10 years
>>
So I just found out dual link DVI is capable of driving 1440p 144Hz. Windows 10/Nvidia let's me set the refresh rate to 144Hz, but Linux/Nvidia doesn't, it locks it to 60Hz. Is there a way to change it or do I need to manually overclock my monitor? I was just hoping I wouldn't have to deal with the autism of overclocking monitors in Linux, what with EDID files and such. DisplayPort isn't an option, I'm using the port for something else. .
>>
how do I see the bootloader name and version on android?
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (104KB, 332x522px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
104KB, 332x522px
I'm a structural engineer and I want to make some design aids and I'm wondering if I should go with Excel and VBA or learn a real programming language.
The design equations are basically piecewise functions with a bunch of variables. My plan is to hold everything constant and just plot the change of a single variable at a time.
My end result doesn't necessarily need to be a graph or chart, a table would be fine.
>>
Getting a "files missing" error on qBittorent after having moved some files, but I used the Set location feature of the program so I'm not sure what the problem is or how to correct it.
>>
>>60491294
>I'm a structural engineer
How do you get an engineering degree without getting introduced to Matlab these days?
If Matlab's out, do you have any experience with a programming language? If so, use it. If not, Python is straight forward to pick up and NumPy has a lot of powerful tools available.
>>
>>60491412
To add to this, I double checked the set location then did a force recheck and resumed the torrent, which led to a stalled message, which led to it starting to download again. But I have the complete unaltered file, so how can I get it to recognize it without having to redownload?
>>
>>60491460
>How do you get an engineering degree without getting introduced to Matlab these days?
I'm not sure -- I graduated in 2012 and we used Mathematica and MathCAD. The office I work at even has a copy of MathCAD but nobody uses it.
I'll go check out NumPy. Thanks the suggestion.
>>
What is the default APM timer on the WD blue HDDs?

I have a wd10ezex and I tried to change the timer using wdiddle3, but it seems intellipark is a bitch and it started parking like every 5 seconds.
>>
would a half working gtx 690 have half the tdp? 300w / 2 = 150w? one of the gpu cores is busted, its a common problem for the model which is like 2 gpus in sli in one card.
>>
>>60491548
If MathCAD will do what you need, go with that. It's usually good to learn something new, but using what you already have to make what you need is an important skill for engineers.
>>
>>60491682
not exactly
>>
My sound bar uses a separate remote from my tv and the tv remote doesn't change the sound bar volume. Is there a universal remote that can change the volume without having to change a setting?
>>
>>60491723
fuck. i really want to setup gpu passthrough for vm but my psu cant handle a 1080 + 690
>>
>>60491727
All of them
>>
Should I read the wizard book even if I'm a neet?
>>
>>60491757
Pretty sure Not every universal remote will support setting the volume buttons to one code/device and the rest to another
>>
>>60491853
Bruh do you not understand how universal remotes work?
You have buttons that you configure, you then press this button and you have access to that remote codes' functions.
So for your remote bar,you set it up with the radio frequency and when you want to change its settings,you press the button that you assigned and then you press the volume buttons.When you're done with it you press it back to your tv/cable box/etc
>>
>>60491736
If your CPU has an iGPU you could use that. Alternatively there are very cheap, low power GPUs available.
>>
why does visual studio have an image editor and a 3d model editor?
for what reason?
>>
>>60491913
Image editing and 3d model viewing
>>
File: 1464403348056.jpg (28KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
1464403348056.jpg
28KB, 400x562px
>>60491927
>>
>>60491909
Good point anon. I don't have iGPU, how cheap should I go for linux workstation?
>>
>>60485159
You using VGA on that TV?
>>
>>60485159
It may not be your specific problem, but TVs in general have less pixel density and clarity because they're not meant to be viewed as closely as monitors.
>>
>>60486743
There's a Registry key for this. It should have Policy in the path.
>>
Just wondering how certain streamers such as angryjoe listen to audio on 2 headsets at the same time and how I could replicate this. On both 3.5mm and usb
>>
>>60490392
Try WinDirStat
>>
>>60492153
Use an audio mixer,either software or hardware
>>
>>60491948
It's sort of hard to know but I went with a Radeon HD 6450 1gb ($15 used on ebay). It hasn't arrived yet, but that's probably the minimum for 1080p desktop use. I chose AMD because the linux driver situation is better.
>>
>>60492067
no its hdmi
>>60492093
ah okay i see. thats probably it
>>
>>60492229
>amd
>linux
>better
NIGGA WAT
Nvidia is superior to amd,free and closed
>>
File: help.jpg (132KB, 734x707px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
132KB, 734x707px
So after 10 years and at least 50TB of torrent I finally receive this from my ISP, they don't accuse me of any wrongdoing but urge me to make sure it doesn't happen again. Pretty annoying for what turned out to be a shitty 1.5GB movie. Perhaps not the correct board but should I be worried about this? Can I continue torrenting in peace or should I stream or change methods? As mentioned previously as someone who uses torrents everyday finally getting a notice has shit me up a bit. Any advice?
>>
File: 1479886115617.jpg (15KB, 170x179px) Image search: [Google]
1479886115617.jpg
15KB, 170x179px
my computer fails at DISM on windows 10 due to all the alterations I made through regedit line by line rewriting it to remove or block telemetry things.

how long will my comp run since it cant recognize the original source media in dism for restore health due to this?
>>
>>60492299
>uk
>torrenting
>not using a vpn
KEKE
>>
>>60492299
read an article the other day by a Jewish person about how torrents killed people by spreading ransomware that shut down hospitals.

Their gonna go out all out now goy to control anything you say or do from now on.

tldr monitoring will only going to get worse, thanks jews.
>>
>>60492284
Really? I hear nouveau sucks and amd only develops free drivers now.
>>
I want to dualboot arch/windows.

I install windows first, right?
>>
>>60492412
Nvidia isnt novueau,its the binary nvidia driver.
>>
What's the fastest way to turn my tracks into an album to upload to youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hMcmB3uS6k&t=4319s
like one of these
like i have the 12 separate tracks and the image and i want to combine it to one video
the software i've tried to use so far have had enormous render times with huge file sizes even though it's just the one image
>>
>>60492434
cat file1 file2 file3 > mergedfile
>>
>>60492428
The poster said free AND closed. Nouveau is the nvidia free driver. And I'd rather not use the binary module botnet crap. Anyway the HD 6450 is super old and seems to be supported based on gentoo wiki article about AMDGPU.
>>
>>60492486
>botnet
You dont even understand what this means
>>
>>60492481
i'm using windows 10
>>
>>60492507
ffmpeg then
>>
>>60492434
Use ffmpeg
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

You can concatenate multiple audio files into one using that.

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy output

Then you can use
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i image.jpg -i audio.wav -c:v libx264 -tune stillimage -c:a aac -b:a 192k -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest out.mp4

to combine the audio file and the image file into one video.
>>
File: docker-logo-med.png (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
docker-logo-med.png
78KB, 500x500px
I have docker set up on my machine (CentOS 7). It's part of my Openshift "lab" of sorts. The problem I'm having is that I need to shrink my docker thin-pool. Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to find any way to make this happen.
>>
>>60492504
I do, it's a meme you dip. I'm a freetard and don't like proprietary software.
>>
>>60492210
Could you elaborate please? If I want to watch something using dual 3.5mm what would I need
>>
>>60492327
Never had this problem before in over 10 years. Any free VPN you could recommend? I'm a caveman from the "torrent all you want with no consequence" era
>>
>>60492599
every vpn i try is slow af and i always give up those are payed ones. I think their cracking down ojn VPNS because alot of articles are appearing on buzzfeed and kotaku about how child sex predators are using them which was proven by John Walsh on that show to catch a predator where adults hunted children online.
>>
>>60492599
>free vpn
You're just giving another person your access data.Your best bet is a paid vpn as free are unreliable and could be sniping your info for goverment usage or for selling to the highest bidder
>10 years
Times change,specially in europoor land.

I got a C&D 14 years ago and never had a problem since.But im not going to risk it and i use a vpn for torrenting needs.
>>
>>60492562
You need either a hardware switch or a software switch that you can configure which audio streams go to what device.Im pretty sure you can do i within windows audio but it may be too complex for it.Otherwise you need a peice of software that will differentiate the two
>>
>>60492625
The level of FUD in this post is frightening
>>
File: monitor.png (177KB, 1985x270px) Image search: [Google]
monitor.png
177KB, 1985x270px
I have no idea where to correctly post this.
But, I bought this lg wide monitor about 5 days ago and it has a habit of doing this quite often. Happens really quickly and I finally had the chance to screen cap it.
I don't know why it happens.
But is there a way to fix this or something?
>>
>>60492900
Bad cable
driver issues
bad card
>>
>>60492900
That looks like a shitty connection. Have you tried swapping out your hdmi/dvi cable?
>>
>>60492157
Thanks!
>>
>>60492907
>>60492910
It only came with one cable.
Looks like I have to order a new one...
The drivers it came with were really weird too and the ones online were the same. Just installed split-screen apps and recording softwares...
Thanks for the replies though, honestly.
>>
File: file.png (42KB, 977x512px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 977x512px
>>60492542
i think i might be temporarily stumped
>>
>>60493015
That seems weird.
What happens if you remove the "-safe 0"?
>>
What's the best way to transfer files to a new computer without degrading them?

Thinking particularly of my music collection, don't want to lose quality and about half of it is in 320kps from before I wised up and got lossless.

Should I compress them to a rar file and put on an external or will that lead to more loss than just transferring them directly via an external?
>>
>>60491888
Yeah i don't want to have to hit the extra button. Hence "without changing a setting" in my original question. Also, tv remotes us IR, not radio
>>
File: file.png (79KB, 979x827px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
79KB, 979x827px
>>60493051
>>
File: ffmpeg.png (7KB, 526x25px) Image search: [Google]
ffmpeg.png
7KB, 526x25px
>>60493092
You wrote "- comcat" instead of "-concat".

And you will need to specify an ouput format.

Write "output.mp3" instead of just "output"

Pic related is how i just managed to run it
>>
File: file.png (44KB, 971x501px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
44KB, 971x501px
>>60493137
>>
I'm selling a 2011 MacBook pro on craigslist for parts. It's missing its hard drive, and a few screws, and I think its ram as well. Mainboard and screen and cd tray, etc. are all good.

How much should I list it for? I was thinking like maybe $100. Is that a reasonable price?

I honestly just want it off my hands. I would give it away for free if it has no market value, but I doubt that's the case...
>>
>>60493159
typo again!
>>
File: file.png (45KB, 952x495px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
45KB, 952x495px
>>60493159
>>
>>60493174
>>60493173
hmmm it did create a file with the first 3 songs combined
guess i'm going to have to check for more typos

thanks for the help this is mostly all new to me
>>
When I'm installing the Linux on a drive that already has the Botnet on it do I need to make the partition(s) for the Linux before installing or does it know better than to try and steal the Botnet's partitioned space?
>>
>>60493161
I'll take it
>>
>>60493174
>>60493193
I got those red message too but it doesn't seem to affect the result.

Also, now that you need to merge the cover and the music together, use this:

ffmpeg.exe -i albumcover.png -i albumaudio.mp3 finalvideo.mp4

It takes about 30 sec to make a 14 minute video on my machine. Probably better than what you had before?
>>
>>60493243

For $100? I'm willing to negotiate fwiw.

If I'm shipping and it's non-US its up to you to explain shipping outside US to me.

Preferred method of communication?
>>
>>60493248
>>60493193
Actually, don't use that last answer: it works fine and most video players will play it, but it makes youtube angry.

Use this:
ffmpeg -r 1 -loop 1 -i cover.jpg -i album.mp3 -acodec copy -r 1 -shortest -vf scale=1280:720 finalvideo.flv

Here's an example of what it looks like
https://youtu.be/ipa_vNWgUn4

(It crops the album art. If you don't want that to happen, resize it before using ffmpeg)
>>
I've never made a contribution to an open source project, and I just fixed a bug in one of them. I got a copy of the repo via git.

I had to place a LOT of debug print statements in the code.

What is the best way to compare my files to the current source tree? Additionally, using git, how would one submit? I'm VERY new to this...
>>
>>60493359
Okay thanks I'll try that. Yeah youtube seems to be having a little trouble publishing the video and when I tried opening the video in vlc it wouldn't display the album art throughout the video.
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 1012x152px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 1012x152px
>>60493359
>>60493388
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 961x505px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 961x505px
>>60493359
hmmmm
>>
>>60493393
Are you sure that's the right one..?

I tried it myself again and it worked, so I'd be surprised if there still was a problem.

Could you show the command you used?
>>
>>60493464
I think I got the second command to work.
I'm uploading it right now. When I open the file in video players it does show the album art as cropped. I'm guessing I can fix that by changing the scale values.
>>
>>60493464
https://youtu.be/T7G6VrkfnL0

I'm going to try and fix that scaling problem next. Thank you so much it means a lot.
>>
>>60493522
>I'm guessing I can fix that by changing the scale values.
Pretty much. I added the scale option because I thought that the fact that the video was square was the thing making youtube crap itself.

It wasn't, so simply removing "-vf scale=1280:720" will work. It creates a square video, and youtube adds black bars to fit the screen.
>>
should I still be manually defragging my drives in 2017 on Windows 10, or just let Windows handle it?

and would Defraggler still be the best option?
>>
>>60484599
how can i recover my porn from a dead seagate drive?
>>
>>60493686
It's only really an issue if you have a full hard drive. Full hard drives, defrags if never done before can result in speedups probably around 10%. On "empty" (nonfull) hdds tho you're looking at like 1% performance gains.

As for software, idk.
>>
>>60493713
the drives I want to defrag manually are all over 50% used with fragmentation over 20%
>>
Why can't I sign into steam but I can sign into my phone and browser. WTF?
>>
>>60493691
In what way is it dead?

Different kinds of issues require different methods of saving.

>>60493729
Tbh defragging right now isn't going to do much good but it will in the future. Hard drives work by just writing data down as it comes. If they have new data and they cant find+read/overwrite the correct data segment on the fly and its stored in cache (it usually is) then it's just rewritten - and the old data is marked as empty space. This is how fragmentation occurs. Because you have probably 40% ish space, hard drive will be able to use it to make up for currently fragmented files. Defragging now *will* result in decreased latency and higher performance in low-latency software (video games), but I honestly doubt you'll notice. Defragging is honestly mostly a tool for admins that have to manage servers.

>>60493746
What happens when you try to sign into the steam app? Nothing? Failure? Need more info.
>>
>>60493792
I'm able to sign into everything but the client on my mac. This just happened today. Phone will sign in and so will browser but when I goto the app it just tells me my password is wrong and I changed it 4 times at least.
>>
>>60493792
One day windows froze, i restarted and now it doesn't show up. fdsk and gparted don't see it either.
>>
>>60493819
Does the hard drive power on?

Does it make any unusual sounds? Specifically, I'd be listening for the sound of...clicking, almost. Like if you could blend the sound of a vinyl scratch, and a cricket chirping. I know that sounds weird, but it's just what it sounds like (to me). It's a noticeable clicking.

If no unusual sound and powers on, it's not necessarily the platter. First hope is the controller is dead. If it is this, that's a cheap repair for ahrd drive repair companies.

If it is the platter, it's likely not "dead-dead", but rather, a critical part of the platter used for data structuring is dead. IIRC professional data recovery companies have ways of wiring up the platter "in series" so to speak with their tools, and reading the data. That being said, that's the expensive option.

Unofortunately, I don't know enough about homebrew repair to be able to advise you on how to DIY these repairs. You might be able to find that else where on the internet if you can identify source of failure.
>>
Update:
So I have my shitty PC next to me, I was able to install Steam on it and it popped up. So I think it has something to do with the client.

Can any one tell me where maybe the cache files are on a mac? I figured if I deleted them I could fix this. Or what the folder is called cause I was in the cache library a moment ago and I couldn't find steam.
>>
>>60486723
Its thepiratebay.org now
>>
Is a "second Internet" being made?
>>
>>60485208
Looks like a water damage sticker desu. Dont remove it
>>
>>60493977
>tor hidden services, i2p, freenet
Sure.
>>
>>60493952
Sort of. ThePirateBay has the fortune of being run by a federated organization rather than a few peeps hiding from the government. As such, a long time ago one of the first things they did was to register a bunch of different domains as backups, kinda like how Linux software is usually kept on a billion different FTP folders, and you pick the localized region for the best speed.

Now, that's not to say that thepiratebay.se will be faster for swedes than .org will be, but rather, .se technically references the same database.
>>
What's so wrong about majoring in cyber security?
>>
What is a good program for audio editing? I only need to cut things down to size and add some fade.
>>
>>60494224
Audacity should work fine for that
>>
>>60484599

Where could I get the best free video editor without watermarks, or file restrictions, and time restrictions? Interface should be simple, and don't say movie maker. Fuck that thing.

I did googled and got Adobe cuck software for five pages straight, I guess they really want the consumer to get cucked.
>>
Should I bother to use hardware decoding with mpv if i have a strong CPU? Will the video play any smoother, or will it just use less CPU?
>>
what is SELinux, and should I be using it? Should I be worried that the NSA helped write it?
>>
>>60494054
I guess i'm not the most qualified to answer this, but my thought is that you can get any cyber security job with a computer science degree (Given that you take cyber security courses), but you can't get every computer science job with a cyber security degree.
>>
>>60494339
>what is SELinux,
Much more finely grained access control that the standard read, write, and execute bits can provide.
>should I be using it?
Is your system shared with others?
>Should I be worried that the NSA helped write it?
Maybe. They used to sneakily shore up security for the US, while breaking everyone else's shit. Now, it's more iffy. The code has been checked out by others.
>>
>delete file on phone with Amaze
>file still on the phone when I connect it to PC

wtf, anyone know why?
>>
This is probably a dead end search but I've been struggling for about 3 hours with no results from good being of any use.

I'm running Win7 and when I start it boots fine, but to a black screen with only the cursor. I can open Task Manager, and if I close the explorer.exe process and open another eventually it starts up, but it usually takes 3-4 attempts of doing this.

I run a System File Checker and I get a "iassdo.dll.mui" file is corrupt and cannot be fixed.

I try to launch System Repair from a disk, but I just get a blank screen when I select "Repair your Computer" with just the default win 7 background and my mouse.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
I was testing this
https://ipleak.net/

is it normal to be connected to 5 "residential" IPs in the DNS Addresses section??
>>
>>60494558
>What the fuck do I do?
When in doubt, back up all your files, wipe clean, and re-install.
>>
>>60494569
btw they're from Georgia, Atlanta, and I'm not American
>>
>>60494572
Problem is when I try to do that, the same thing with system repair occurs, I get a blank screen with no prompts of any kind. I can't progress forward, and nothing loads.

I don't even know what caused this. I adjusted fan speeds in my bios and this happened on the restart.
>>
>>60494603
First, try putting them back to whatever they were set to originally. Second, if re-installing isn't possible, your hardware is screwed. Put a Linux or Windows live CD in and check out the hardware.
>>
>>60494632
Everything is back too defaults, and it's not like there's been any hardware issues or anything. After getting past the initial black screen, my computer operates normally, no errors or anything
>>
>>60494638
you might have a corrupt area of harddrive
>>
Anybody know if someone has ported the Coincidence Detector to opera? I want to shit can Chrome for good but its the only plugin thats 100% essential to me. inb4 do it yourself.
>>
If I could get WD Purples for cheaper than Reds, would it be a good idea for a large amount of storage? (anime/VN hoarding)
>>
Quick way to get full bash functionality on windows?
I've tried Ubuntu for Windows but it doesn't have full access to the host system and accessing local files on VirtualBox & VMWare is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>60484599
Basically my main pc has become my laptop. I still occasionally use my desktop and I want a way to connect my laptop to the keyboard, mouse and monitor to some sort of central hub so all I need to do to connect my laptop is just plug in some usb cables. I don't intend of using both at the same time. I don't want to spend too much.
>>
File: hdd.png (684KB, 1280x924px) Image search: [Google]
hdd.png
684KB, 1280x924px
is this bad? i'm not sure if those are the same thing but i ran both programs anyway
>>
>>60494687
Purples seem robust to load up, since they can handle several disparate streams of writes. Reds are intended for NAS systems. Unless you have zillions of clients accessing them, I doubt it makes a difference.
>>
>>60494711
Check out cygwin and see if it will meet your needs.
>>
>>60488955
Yes, the vram of the card is shit.
Solution:
>Buy a new card
>Don't play games that your pc can't handle.
>>
I need to convert some videos of a guy talking to the camera into smaller size.

The videos are over 1GB each, and I don't need to see his face in 1080px720p, I could do just fine with 360x240.
I tried using Shotcut, but because I don't know what the fuck I am doing I ended up with a video that looked blurry as fucked and was MORE GBs than the original video.

Any soft recommendations for this?
>>
>>60494895
ffmpeg
>>
I installed OpenBSD on a flash drive and now I can't enter BIOS to change the boot order with the drive plugged in. How the fuck could this have happened?
>>
So, I'm a beginner with C++, I have some background in C and Python (I'm not trying to graduate to C++, I've started over from the beginning)

I've learned a lot of the basic syntax, but I'm wondering if there are any free online sources for understanding principles, good practices, and thinking with C++, all I can find are syntax tutorials, people telling me to buy textbooks ( I want to, but can't right now), and talks on youtube talking about how important these things are, but nothing that is an actual rundown on these lessons.

Any help?

Otherwise is there are source for reading text book pdfs online (assuming I buy one, I can't use apps or pdf readers outside of browsers).
>>
Is IPT considered the used up, diseased slut of private trackers? Should I basically treat it like a public tracker?
>>
>>60494895
ffmppeg

Here's the relevant page on the wiki to get you started
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Scaling%20(resizing)%20with%20ffmpeg
>>
File: 1482563078573.png (133KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
1482563078573.png
133KB, 521x342px
how the fuck do i thoroughly clean this meme mouse
>>
>>60494826

Well, there would only be one client accessing them (me) but I was thinking of putting them in a RAID configuration to have parity and possibly a NAS as well to have a media streaming server. I was thinking of buying five 8TB drives. The Purples are $20 cheaper which makes a total difference of $100, not insignificant, but if doing it with them instead of Reds is a bad idea then I might reconsider.
>>
>>60490040
This is correct. This is the easiest way and the only way using just html. I managed to found a way to get the arrow hidden using css. However, to get it the way you really want just using plain html would be a challenge. I have demonstrated a work around for you in this pen, please check it out. I've added some code that removes the arrow and which added an indent to the spoiler to make it distinguishable without the arrow.

https://codepen.io/anon/pen/jmQWyy
>>
>>60494902
>>60494980
thanks, I also found a guide that recommends HandBrake, which looks very easy to use. I have no idea about video formating/editing, and no time to learn about it.
>>
>>60484599
>VAX Structured assembly language programming - Robert W. Sebesta
>Comparative Programming Languages - L.B. Wilson / R.G. Clark
>The Craft of Software Engineering - Allen Macro, John Buxton

are these 3 books any good? got them for free
>>
File: mysqlcheatsheet.png (108KB, 763x993px) Image search: [Google]
mysqlcheatsheet.png
108KB, 763x993px
I want to make a database to catalog the beers I've had. I don't want to make a database to catalog each and every beer. It will be in a MySQL instance.

Does this look correct?

Beer (BeerID [PK], BeerName, BeerStyle, BreweryName [FK], ABV, GlasswareName [FK], BARating, PersonalRating)

Brewery (BreweryName [PK], BreweryCountry)

Glassware (GlasswareName [PK], BeerStyle [FK])

Have a useful infographic as thanks
>>
Why do normies defend Windows 10 so hard?
>>
File: 099[2].jpg (174KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
099[2].jpg
174KB, 1600x1066px
What is the prettiest looking video game I can run on my hardware?

2x Xeon X5650 @ 3.1ghz
GTX 1060 6gb
12gb 1333mhz ram

I'm thinking it's probably going to be Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom, Battlefield 1, or Star Wars: Battlefront.
>>
>>60495481
With my 1060 6gb & i5 6600k I can get 60+ on an ultrawide monitor. You'll probably be right there.
>>
>>60495344
set "file=%~n1"
set "ext=%~x1"

ffmpeg.exe -i %1 -c:v libx264 -vf scale=trunc(iw/3):trunc(ih/3) -crf 24 -preset fast "%file%_small.%ext%"

save as .bat
download ffmpeg, change ffmpeg.exe to point at wherever the binary is if you don't put it in your windows paths
drag whatever video file you want to shrink to the bat file
>>
>>60495457
You probably miss a table for BeerStyle and BeerStyle in Beer is not a foreign key. Otherwise it looks good
>>
>>60495471
it just werks
>>
>>60495518
What are your graphics settings?
>>
>>60495554
All ultra, shadows are either low or medium, one of those two.
>>
>>60495534
Thanks for the feedback. I'm new to database design. This is a pet project to get better.
>>
>>60484967
rc-service [service] start/stop/restart

rc-update add [service] default/boot/dontrememberifthereismore
you most probably want them added on default
>>
What are some practical uses of computer clusters? Are they useful?
>>
How can I merge two pdf with Libre Office Draw?,..I already tried simple cut and paste,..but it isn't good for me...
>>
>>60495718
thank now i can move to funtoo
>>
Is laptop RAM standardized like desktop ram?
>>
what formats to look for when downloading movies? x264? DTS?
>>
redpill me on HEVC. should I use h.265 or just keep using .264? The only thing I really care about is video quality, filesize is largely irrelevant.
>>
>>60496193
it's all the same shit

if you want quality just don't pick the one with the smallest filesize
>>
Are limited write cycles for SSDs still relevant, or is it basically not an issue anymore with modern drives?
>>
what's a good site that allows me to 'upload' from a remote URL to their site? like 0x0.st, with them i can do curl -F'url=https://i.4cdn.org/g/1495213632660.png' 0x0.st and then it uploads directly from 4cdn to 0x0 and gives me a url.
basically mirroring something i suppose. i'm trying to avoid region blocking without resorting to shitty connection proxies. but i suppose this is proxying in another way
thanks
>>
>>60495344
>>60495523
I tried Handbrake, and my computer couldn't handle net framework 4.1, so it didn't work.
I just needed to make the video %50 or 75% smaller, but I guess I need to spend some months learning about bitrates, framerates, codecs, audio, GOP, and so on. Jesus, I really thought by now this would be a simple task of dragging, dropping, clicking a button to make it smaller and done. I'll just buy a new external hard drive to save the videos of full HQ of the guy talking to the camera, I guess.
Thanks for the help bros.
>>
For some reason Windows 7 refuses to detect my keyboard unless I plug it into a front panel slot (USB 2.0) rather than the 3.0 slots in the back. I know W7 doesn't contain a native USB 3.0 driver but I already installed that I think Intel_USB3_Win7_VER30016 from my motherboard's site (there was a slightly newer version but it just popped an empty error box when I tried t o run it) Is there another driver I might need besides my motherboard's USB 3.0 driver?
>>
>>60485108
ffmpeg
>>
What's a good noob-proof guide to set up DNScrypt on windows?
>>
I have a scishion v88 pro android box that I use for kodi, however it's buggy as hell... shows don't stream smoothly despite working perfectly fine on my computer, pretty sure it's a refresh rate issue but I've played with the settings and can't figure it out.
Anyone else using a "kodi box" had similar refresh rate issues?
>>
Where can I ask shit about turntables?
I am currently trying to fix one that outputs hums along the music.
>>
>>60496419
/mu/ probably contain more audiophiles than /g/
>>
>Ubuntu doesn't detect my headset, but it still works when I manually switch output
>Boot into my Windows partition
>Ubuntu now detects headset, but audio has stopped working altogether, including speakers
Any ideas about what happened? How can I fix this?
>>
>>60494765
You need a switch, maybe something like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YCUDMU/ref=psdcmw_13983771_t1_B001V9LQ52
>>
>>60496265
>The only thing I really care about is video quality, filesize is largely irrelevant.
then just don't convert your videos
>>
>>60496299
said to be not an issue anymore for everyday use. I still wouldn't put my swap file and firefox cache on an SSD thou.
>>
>>60495969
yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO-DIMM
>>
File: wat.png (108KB, 1011x484px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
108KB, 1011x484px
>>60494686
????
>>
>>60486979
disable "align to grid" in the right click menu of your desktop
>>
File: mnvi6hgrofwy.jpg (77KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
mnvi6hgrofwy.jpg
77KB, 605x807px
I have a goal of becoming a white hat hacker. I suppose i have a little bit more knowledge than average person, but such tasks as installing gentoo looks impossible to me, since i have no idea what verification is, how file system works, how kernel and stuff works and so on...
Can;t look for security holes if don't know how system works. I need some guidlines how to learn and what to learn. So /g/, could anyone recommend me a series of guides to understand how computers work, like with math on khan academy, or a books to read?
>>
>>60496743
Read fundamentals on how networking, operating systems, and software work. Get some books about the basics of computer systems.
View it like learning to pick a lock. The first thing you do is learn how a lock works.
>>
File: ping.jpg (248KB, 640x860px) Image search: [Google]
ping.jpg
248KB, 640x860px
Why does this happen? Why is my ping so variable? Is it network congestion?
>>
File: selection.png (332KB, 662x650px) Image search: [Google]
selection.png
332KB, 662x650px
>>
>>60496765
Could be, or high packet loss between you and the router.
>>
>>60484599
pls explain a few things to me.

>Windows 7 kills itself with black screen.
>Updating a driver on AMD 7870 broke the hardware to the point of blue screen and lines.
>Downloading a pirated Win 7 CD took the key from the other harddrive without it being attached.

what do now?
>>
>>60496807
replace the GPU, the driver didn't kill it, it was already dead before.
>>
>>60496765
do an IPv4 only ping to see how that differs
ping -4 -n 50 google.com
>>
File: my ride.jpg (437KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
my ride.jpg
437KB, 980x735px
I'm a pleb to Linux so sorry if this is dumb.

On Windows I can use the program Logitech Game Software to set up a bind to spam the spacebar every 25ms when I hold the MMS on my mouse. The software isn't available on Linux. Is there any way I can recreate this function in Linux or not?

I'm using Ubuntu if it matters.
>>
I'm afraid this might be too stupid even for /sqt/ but I've been thinking of renting a slot on a seedbox provider for a while and I'm wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't just use my regular credit card.
>>
>>60485080
R X 4 8 0
>>
>>60496964
you are renting a server for unauthorised distribution of copyrighted material (I guess you aren't renting a server exclusively to seed debian isos), if the seedbox company is a country with strong copyright and anti-"piracy" laws you have every reason to stay as anon as possible. Get a server in an off shore place and pay with buttcoin.
>>
>>60496996
But don't they have my IP no matter what? Unless I proxy the connection to the box, which...I guess? Do most people do that?
>>
>>60496964
Credit card purhases can be easily traced back to you.

>>60496765
Are you on wifi/wlan? There could be other wireless devices nearby that are jamming the channel you're using.

>>60496807
>Downloading a pirated Win 7 CD took the key from the other harddrive without it being attached.
If you had an OEM key then those are registered to your motherboard. You can reuse the same key as many times as you want as long as you use the same motherboard.
>>
>>60496367
Just tried updating to the newest drivers from Intel rather than the ones on my mobo site and it somehow made it worse so my keyboard wasn't recognized even when plugged into a 2.0 port, had to go back to the old driver.
>>
>>60484599
I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Dazloaded) and I don't update it often. I am scared I'll get WannaCry virus. I mostly pirate VSTs, movies, TV shows and games.
What should I do? Should I update Windows? And which updates should I avoid? How can I know if my PC is well protected? I have Avira Free Antivirus.
>>
>>60496868
>>60497036

Okay, thank you.
>>
>>60497149
Upgrade to Windows 10 or switch to loonix.

>b-but muh spyware meme
Do you really give a shit about that? If you did, you woudn't be using windows 7 in the first place.
>>
>>60497149
you should always update windows

do a quick google search for "windows 7 which updates to avoid" to get extensive lists. Also do a search for the update that fucks up daz loader or switch to removeWAT.

protip: most avoidable updates are in the optional category.
>>
This might technically be a /biz/ question but they're typically very unhelpful.

Does anyone here have experience working as a social media manager?
I am beginning a new job soon running social media for local gov departments and am looking for a crash course.
>>
>>60497173
Daz loader doesn't get fucked.
>>
File: OnkvSdo.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
OnkvSdo.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>60484599
I'm 21 and I have dropped out of college twice. If I go back it could be another 3 years until I get a degree in software development or the like. Is it too late for me? Will I be too old to be employed when I get my qualification? Can you even be a 'good' programmer if you learn at this age and not a child genius? Is there hope of any happiness in my life?
>>
>>60496950
pls respond
>>
>>60496950
i don't know the answer but im sure google will give you literally hundreds of key macro programs that work on linux

just google key macro maker or some shit
>>
File: 1435626609712.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1435626609712.png
362KB, 700x700px
I needed a BD writer and I found this LG BH16NS40:
http://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-BH16NS40-internal-blu-ray-dvd-drive#tech-specs

Is it really a BD writer? because anything I found within the same price range, was only BD reader and DVD writer, I wonder if I'm reading wrong.
>>
>>60497186
How did you even get the job?
>>
File: a.png (73KB, 803x909px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
73KB, 803x909px
>>60497749
yes
>>
File: 1478358211283.png (384KB, 511x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478358211283.png
384KB, 511x720px
>>60497806
Thanks, my eyes weren't failing me after all.
I've been looking for a cheap BD writer for ages, looks like this is the one for me.
>>
>>60497318
Most "programming" jobs are quickly approaching the level of glorified clerical work, so no, you don't have to be a genius or even particularly smart. As for whether you find happiness, that's up to you and how realistic your goals are.
>>
File: 1478653460455.jpg (527KB, 1075x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1478653460455.jpg
527KB, 1075x1800px
What's faster? running Live session of linux from USB flash drive? or USB Optic drive?
>>
File: 1481565228369.png (72KB, 229x290px) Image search: [Google]
1481565228369.png
72KB, 229x290px
If I give my hormones to my cats, will slthey become cat girls?
>>
>>60484599
Is it possible to configure PAM to only have a timeout after a failed login attempt if it was like the third in a row?
>>
>>60497921
Depends on speed of USB drive and optic drive and if you're using USB 3.0 I'd say. Are you able to do a speed test?
>>
>>60498031
USB 2.0
I can check, if it's really needed.
I want to test something and I prefer to do it in a live session, so I was wondering what would faster to load the Linux live session.
Booting from USB flash drive or Booting from USB optic drive?
I'm using a laptop with dead optic drive that's why the USB optic drive.
>>
Is the Thinkpad T61 series really that bad? They are dirt cheap where I live.
>>
>>60498066
it depends on what you do with them

my dad has a bunch of them and they run windows 7 and firefox just fine
>>
>>60498059
Both will be quite slow. Take the USB drive, it's way easier than burning a CD.
>>
>>60498095
Thanks.
Another question, Let's assume I've already burned an ISO of a certain distro to CD/DVD and have deleted the ISO and it's no longer available/takes to long to download.
How do I get it into a USB flash drive?
Just run
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/dev/USB & sync
>>
I have a 750 Ti and am feeling the age
I live in Australia, so prices are shit
Would $350 for RX480 8GB (XFX GTR) be worth it?
>>
>>60498089
I just want to put a SSD in them (a cheap Chinese make maybe) and run Libre office and Firefox on Linux Mint.

They go for 100 euro with 4GB RAM, maybe 40-50 is reasonable?

I am currently using an Acer Aspire 5051 which is not only 10+ years old but I can't upgrade its PATA drive.
>>
>Search something on youtube
>Sort by upload date
>Everything on page 1 is over 20 minutes
>Filter by long (20+ minutes)
>The entire first page of search results changes

What the fuck?
>>
>>60498316
And I just noticed
>Sort by upload date
>Most recent video was 7 hours ago
>Add 20+ minute long video filter
>Suddenly the most recent video was uploaded an hour ago

Isn't "sort by upload date" literally supposed to fucking sort them by UPLOAD DATE?
>>
How to mimic the potplayer tomsteady 32-bit floating point arithmetic normalizer with mpv?
>>
About as cheap as they get in OZ at the moment anon
>>
File: Screenshot_20170520-074430.png (293KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170520-074430.png
293KB, 720x1280px
Is there a way to change the name of an app? I know you can edit its name in the list of apps but I mean the name itself (e.g. I want this to just be K9)

I'm a dumb so I doubt I can handle developer tools without an explicit handholding guide, am I out of my league or is this doable?
>>
>>60497956
you'll definitely become a weeaboo faggot :)
>>
>>60498875
I believe yes.
It was a work around to install different version of the same app.
Look into app cloner.
>>
I'm looking at a Dell E7240 for my younger brother, who just needs one for highschool classwork. Is it a good idea? I'm just going to load debian or elementaryOS and he's going to use firefox for all kinds of nonsense. There's one on my local craiglist for $250.

Y/n? It's thin enough for his tastes.
>>
One of my Windows 10 PCs has started entering sleep mode after very short periods of inactivity (~5 minutes). Power settings have it set to never enter sleep. Windows Event Manager says it is shutting down because of idle activity, but again power management is set not to do this. I have tried toggling the power mode presets and even creating a new power management profile.

Any idea how to resolve this?
>>
i have a t420 with a 16:9 screen. are there any practical upgrades or should i buy one of the yoga models
>>
>>60496451
Thanks anon! I've seen those before but didn't know what they were called. :::::::::))
>>
>>60499064
in my opinion yes. seems gud enough!
>>
>>60499184
Maybe it is not sleep mode but rather display off.
>>
>>60500000
There's a pretty obvious difference.
>>
File: 1493431422614.jpg (145KB, 766x970px) Image search: [Google]
1493431422614.jpg
145KB, 766x970px
The screen disconnect randomly. The sound sometimes go off too. I uninstall the gpu driver and the same. I downgrade the driver version and the same. I disconnect the gpu and use it directly from mobo and works. What are my options now? How could I check what is wrong with the gpu (amd r7 260x)

PD: In screen options are connected 2 monitors (which I only have one). The other one does not let me change any settings and enter their properties either. Pls I need help
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.