[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do girls find CS major harder than guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 27

File: girls_in_computer_sciences.jpg (525KB, 2702x2026px) Image search: [Google]
girls_in_computer_sciences.jpg
525KB, 2702x2026px
Hey /g/, I'm in my second year doing Computer Sciences major and notice that a lot of female students are having so much problems with programming. I'm saying that male students usually take maximum an hour to solve a programming question,but female student could spend a day in the lab trying to solve a single question.

Most girls I've known in my class would always struggle with implementation of algorithm or any programming issue but are okey with the math part. Could the reason why there's less females in STEM field could be from this reason? any of you guys seen something like this in uni or work
>>
>>60424532
Women have inferior brains
>>
>>60424532

No way to accurately asses this. To small of a sample size.
>>
File: female college graduates.png (75KB, 571x281px) Image search: [Google]
female college graduates.png
75KB, 571x281px
>>60424546
dude..
>>
>>60424556
that's why I ask here to see if this is common elsewhere.
>>
>>60424558
Humanities dont count.
>>
File: 14559371488312.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
14559371488312.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>60424532
>those full piss bottles in the background
>>
>>60424532
That's actually exactly what i saw at college
>girls ace math classes
>girls can't write code
All memes aside it really made me think
>>
>>60424579
this so much
>>
>>60424611
Male might think differently than girls when doing programming tho, I think this is the reason why Biological/Health Sciences is over represented by females and Engineering/CompSci is vice versa. Maybe there is a differences in the way different sexes deal with problems and it just happens that the way many females try to solve programming is not right.
>>
>>60424662
Yeah but don't faggots always push the narrative that "good at math == good at coding"? Cuz that shit is not true at all.
I.e. there are lots of math guys who can't code for shit and lots of math retards who are good coders.
EXPLAIN THIS MATHFAGS
>>
>>60424532
Eee here, there are no grills in engineering. Well, truthfully there's always less than 5% of the class that are girls so technically there are but those are incredibly low numbers.

>girls struggling
Nah not really, not any more than the rest of the class.

>>60424611
This. I also hear the same from others.

>>60424558
Ever since women could go and get a degree there were more female graduates. Doesn't change the fact that there are absolutely none in engineering and very few in STEM. Clearly they want a degree more than men in general but couldn't give less of a fuck about STEM subjects and I bet you the only reason there are even any at all is because the world pushes them into doing things they don't like.

>>60424662
Girls are more compassionate and decorative, they often lack the ability to switch off and just take the most logical choices. This also happens to be why a lot of girls enter the medical field (with very good grades) but think about how many female surgeons you've seen.
>>
File: 1356504274922.jpg (44KB, 888x535px) Image search: [Google]
1356504274922.jpg
44KB, 888x535px
CS is really hard for me because I only enrolled into it to get laid by thirsty nerds that would actually fuck a feminist whale like me. I didn't care if I was really suited to the work since I already have job offers and I'm only in my second year.
>>
File: femanon.jpg (20KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
femanon.jpg
20KB, 407x405px
>>60424795
>>
File: 1481672045072.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481672045072.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>60424692
>"good at math == good at coding"
I agree with you on how bullshit that concept is, programming is very different than math. It's like planning a really detail strategy and hope it works perfectly while math is just "follow this method and you're done"

>>60424726
>Girls are more compassionate and decorative, they often lack the ability to switch off and just take the most logical choices.
I noticed that girls are good at memorizing and this might explain why there's a lot of female doctors and yet very few surgeons. Surgeons are like programmers and always have to do an improv when something unexpected happen like when there's a internal bleeding or some sort.
>>
>>60424826
>math is just "follow this method and you're done"
t. someone who has never even seen real math
>>
>>60424532
Ffs ask females at school what they think of CS and then ask men.
Make a survey
>>
>>60424841
>take Calculus III as an extra credit
>go to class and listen to lecturer
>go to tutorial and follow the tutor
>do a few questions and can repeat with no problems
If you learn math at school, it's basically the same as doing in university. Math is very predictable instead of programming where it is chaotic and you'll never know where the bug is
>>
File: 1481929928240.jpg (263KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
1481929928240.jpg
263KB, 800x601px
>>60424878
>/g/
>asking females for anything
>>
>>60424532
I went to USC where 40% of the CS classes were girls. I have never heard of another CS program with as many girls. A lot of them were actually very smart and competent programmers. The mythic g1rl gam3r who could also code. I think maybe a private university in SoCal attracts the rich girls who probably never have to work but want to prove they're smart enough to do CS.

However, there were a few that got through the degree by just getting guys to help them on problem sets and sometimes straight up plagiarizing other people's code or math solutions.

And then I started working and all the girls are strictly the latter. Women programmers who can't fizz buzz. They push like 10 lines of code a day. How is this real?
>>
>>60424915
Because calc 3 is baby math
>>
File: 148632.jpg (86KB, 536x640px) Image search: [Google]
148632.jpg
86KB, 536x640px
>>60424532
because women are emotinoal creatures while men are rational.programming is rational.for example,when we were learning the bool variable type in school the women in our class just couldnt comprehend the concept that its either a true or a false.she kept nagging the professor why cant it be a maybe and shit.women just wired in a way its very hard for most of them to be good at programing.even if they become programmers they usually do shit like python and ruby only because their minds are too inferior to understand even babby tier languages like java or c#.

>inb4 sexist,misognyist,women-hater etc.......
>>
>>60424826
dude you hit the nail on the head. Women can't plan for shit. Everyone girl I've gotten to know intimately had no ability of foresight. They're naturally impulsive and incapable of comprehending consequences. Maybe that's why there are so few female entrepreneurs too.
>>
File: 1493790561256.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493790561256.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>60424795
back to the kitchen you go
>>
File: 14234657983.jpg (16KB, 335x226px) Image search: [Google]
14234657983.jpg
16KB, 335x226px
>>60425135
>wanting women in the kitchen when most women are fucking terrible at cooking
>>
>>60424928
> i use gnu/linux , BSD ,Plan9, haiku
> i hate jews
> i have watched thousands of anime
> i hate normies
> my hobby is making pc monitors our of laptop monitors( especially love 16:10)

Somehow still have the balls to ask girls out
>>
File: 1494322437872.jpg (121KB, 1200x948px) Image search: [Google]
1494322437872.jpg
121KB, 1200x948px
>>60425307
please let me help you before you throw away your life.just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt9yK2DFrg
>>
>>60424915
yeah, calc 3 is not what mathematicians would call math. you're still just studying the basic tools you will later use to do stuff on your own.
>>
>>60425046
>Women programmers who can't fizz buzz. They push like 10 lines of code a day. How is this real?
I was thinking the same thing. There's a group of girl I knew in my class spend the whole day in computer lab trying to implement a mergesort and they were really very frustrated with it. I mean mergesort is quite complicated to implement, but is it unusual that it takes more than 15 hours just to solve one problem?
>>
>>60425347
Haven't watched the video yet because i'm at work

But i don't do most of the relationship stuff i just get drunk and go for the PUSS

t.de-virginizer3000
>>
File: 1481936026255.jpg (94KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1481936026255.jpg
94KB, 500x498px
>>60425116
>They're naturally impulsive and incapable of comprehending consequences
kinda explain why woman are average more prone to being emotional than men,huh?
>>
>>60424558
>implying gender studies is a real degree.
women think like children.
>>
>>60425462
>wanting to fuck 3dpd
i feel sorry for you
>>
>>60424692
I believe it kinda depends on what "coding" means.
>>
>>60424558
Yes, but how many of those will be useful degrees?
Of those useful degrees, how many women will pay for their own tuition, and how many will get a free ride on the "We must make more female only scholarships to improve the equality of the STEM fields, despite the fact that there are absolutely no male only scholarships." plan?
>>
>>60425489
If 2d qts were real i would go for that m8

Don't worry i feel the pain brother
>>
>>60425493
html and css could be considered coding too
>>
>>60424532
maybe girls are not afraid to ask teaching assistants for help while the guys that struggle silently drop out?
>>
>>60424692

Being able to apply math to real world situations makes you a better coder.

Being good at math just means you can move numbers around.
>>
File: 1484963352089.png (637KB, 778x917px) Image search: [Google]
1484963352089.png
637KB, 778x917px
>>60425605
most teaching assistants would usually give vague answers, I don't think it will help much if you can't do programming.
>>
>>60425585
No.
>>
>>60424532

Women have a problem with anything that doesn't involve spreading their legs or getting on their knees.
>>
>>60424915
>Calculus III
Calculus is for children, anon. You basically took arithmetic for 12th graders. Take a class on analysis or topology and try and come back with that "math is just following directions hurr" bullshit.
>>
Girls care more about appearance, and peers are quick to help them. Programming used to be seen as extremely nerdy and that's changing. Girls will naturally start taking more interest in the field.

But then they don't stay in it. All the help they get from peers makes it so they don't really learn because they just have to ask others to spoonfeed them. Then they end up in college with the most aspbergery people and that help is suddenly gone. Some will help them out, but it isn't long before class schedules pull them away. Then while the nerd men are working on personal projects and learning new techniques on their own, the girls are worrying about relationships and being social. Eventually the skill gap becomes so large that the girls are beyond help for more complex problems and they get abandoned, call the men sexist assholes, and leave.
>>
>>60424532
I think it's relative from person to person...
>be me 8y ago in uni
>m8s get project involving some kind of mechanical system for CNC mills
>group is 2/6 female to male
>project has a 2 month deadline
>grils have to go away for a month due to exchange program
>anons jack around for a week and a half then struggle hard
>girls come back, see the blunder
>mech girl goes ape shit and is pulling night shifts to fix the servo system they wired in reverse
>software girl is yelling and calling everyone a retarded faggot for writing the controller software in ansi C instead of assembly (dependencies and errors everywhere)
>fix everything with 2 days to spare
>dudes get minimal points for almost fucking shit up

It was ebin... :---D
>>
File: 12001637364.jpg (26KB, 585x603px) Image search: [Google]
12001637364.jpg
26KB, 585x603px
>>60425614
>literally can't do calculations in my head without taking hours
>can program just fine
h-help
>>
File: ergodox-ez6.jpg (215KB, 1559x820px) Image search: [Google]
ergodox-ez6.jpg
215KB, 1559x820px
>>60424532
At purdue, the only girls who make it past 2nd semester in CS are the ones to open their legs to a vulnerable upperclassman and whore themselves out for help on projects and exams.
>>
i would be inclined to believe there is a difference in the way we solve problems but this implies something about the origin of programming that simply isn't true

in fact, it was thought of as a "woman's job" in the early days of programming, so i'm not exactly sure what the fuck happened
>>
>>60424532
This whole discussion is stupid because girls inherently have less interest in technical things.
Why?
Because to git gud at any technical skill you need to devote endless amounts of tme to it. Which usually means spending time alone reading and experimenting.
While you were young and spend your time learning to prgroam, what did the girls do? They socialized with other girls and people.
Girls want to be social and not be alone.
Being alone is the single thing women fear the most.
>>
>>60425742
Ah I see, the old meme
>programming used to be 100% women only
Computing and programming started during ww2 when most men were unavailable so women did it. Once the men came back from the war they quickly took over this field because they were better.
Also how do you compare punch cards to writing C code?
>>
>>60425684
Well that's nice, I kinda wish girls in my CS were more reliable.
>be me
>be in group assignment Algo
>4 people and 2 are girls
>one of the girl say she wants to handle only report part because she's a bad coder
>mmkay
>the other girl is assign to do one question out of 5
>I let her do the easy part because I dont know her capability
>in the next few days
>I see her all the time at computer labs
>ask what she's doing and most of the time she's still trying to solve the issue
>7 days later
>when it's time to send I want to compiled our work
>she says she still can't solve the question
At first I thought it just happen I have a bad group, turns out my friend who had the same experiences with female classmate. I mean it's not that the girls are lazy or not trying but it's just very difficult concept for most girls to comprehend. I kinda feel bad for her considering how many hours she spend at the lab and not being able to solve a question just about shortest path problem
>>
>>60424532
I'm doing IT degree in polytechnic, although focused on infrastructure rather than programming. So far I've seen one girl(out of two in that particular class) fail a basic programming course, and right now I'm in a systems administration class(we're learning to use puppet, basically) where one of the three girls dropped out right after the first lesson(which, to be fair, doesn't necessarily mean anything - the course was full, so she might have decided to just do it later after reviewing the prerequisites again) and another I'm pretty sure is going to fail the class even if she does come to the finals, since she was sick for a week and has been falling behind ever since.

Of course, this is a really small sample size, and the actually smart ones are probably in university computer science program, but yeah, my limited experience matches yours in that most women, even ones who are interested in it, aren't very good at programming.
>>
File: ee.jpg (27KB, 512x422px) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
27KB, 512x422px
>>60425742
>programming
>womens job
The inherent difficulty of programming, however is a key point. In society, women have a greater luxury to avoid difficulty than men do. It's been that way for, well, ever. Sure, women CAN code. Some may even find it enjoyable. But most will avoid the effort because there are so many easier paths offered to them. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that women are inherently lazier than men, because I don't believe that. If men were offered easy paths, they would take them.

I see a lot of women complaining that not enough programmers are women. But what I don't see is these women lining up to learn programming. Instead, they go into Women's Studies to get a government job where they can talk about how men are "privileged."
>>
>>60425795
>>60425872
true, this is frustrating tho, i want to believe there is something there.
my life experience with women and computers in general (not just programming) has been nothing short of annoying, so i must believe in the unicorn that is an underlying proclivity for programming in women.
>>
ITT: sweaty virgin neckbeards attempt to justify their self perceived superiority
>>
>>60425755
This.
Forcing them to do something they clearly don't enjoying doing and were never designed to do is ridiculous.

>>60425895
white knight detected
>>
>>60425912
>anyone who doesn't have an irrational hatred of women is a white knight
>>
>>60425860
>that most women, even ones who are interested in it, aren't very good at programming.
this. I work in a company that handles Big data and women in IT are very good are they're field. She creates a neural network procedure for us programmers to follow and yet she never did any programming. She jokes about how she used to friggin memorizes codes back in college because it's to hard for her and now she still says she can't do serious programming. It's funny how someone like that can get a PhD in field of computer Sciences and yet can't program very well
>>
>>60425895
if you actually follow the thread, everyone admit that women are the same as men in learning capabilities. It's just on different field
>>
>>60425842
what was the problem?
>>
>>60424546
>YOU CAN'T RUN!
>YOU CAN'T HIDE!
>YOU.............GET!
>A HELICOPTER RIDE!
>>
>>60425953
and that is not
>sweaty virgin neckbeards attempting to justify their self perceived superiority
how?
>>
>>60425895
We're just recounting our personal experiences. Feel free to chime in if you have any to share.
>>
>>60425842
That sucks... I'm not saying that all girls were super capable at my uni (God damn there were some dumbfucks). To clarify some things, I wasn't a CS student but a mechanic engineering mayor, and almost all the people that got in had to top tier at math, physics and programming regardless of being a girl or a guy. There wasn't much space for slackers (unless you were a prodigy or something).
>>
Don't feed the troll

As i already said, most women in college are way better than me at math but way worse than me at programming.
Even if i feel superior for my programming skills i feel like shit for being worse at math then them.
>>
programming is all logic. women are less likely than men to be logical, as they are instead emotional. of course they will struggle with this subject more than men do on average.
>>
>>60425436
>mergesort
>complicated
Please, I bet she was having trouble trying to translate academia "This Fibonacci Heap is great but good fucking luck implementing it :へ)" horsecrap to actual psuedocode, and to actual code from there.
>>
>>60424558
>*All Degrees
I don't want to sound misogynistic, but these bitches (including mitches) saturate colleges/uni pursuing useless degrees, raise the fucking tuition because of
>muh supply & demand N sheeeeesit
>>
>>60426111
There is a very steep inflation of academic titles.
In the past many more people did blue collar jobs (and live from that!) but today every MUST have an academic title of some sort.
As a direct result almost all teaching institutions from schools to colleges have watered down the stuff they teach to attract more people and therefore more money.
>>
>>60426004
what kind of programming do mechanical engineering usually do anyway? if it's MATLAB then I don't think it could be categories as programming language. Instead a scrip language
>>
>>60426017
>women are less likely than men to be logical, as they are instead emotional
tips fedora
>>
don't fucking reply to this fag
>>
>>60425106
why didn't the professor explain it like a light switch? he must have been equally retarded to not get that concept across
>>
>>60426028
>Fibonacci Heap
fuuck
>>
>>60426185
Or study program included Pascale, some assembly and C. But not as extensive as CSs... They were really pushing that "complete expert" bullshit here.
I'm from Europe some maybe that's why it's different?
>>
>>60425880

Women were encouraged to fill the gap back then. Now women are encouraged to take it easy and marry well. It changes how much effort they'll devote to something.
>>
>>60425106
is this satire or are you really this euphoric?
>>
>>60424532
Most women I know spend most of their time to make themselves look attractive. The majority of women is not focused on solving problems or creating new things, they focus on "who got it better" and "how do I benefit from this". As of today, the trend is, that having a higher education could be "beneficial". And when IT / CS is suddenly giving a shitload of cash, they go there - cause - how hard can it be, after all those "lowlife IT beta/gamma" men got a hang of it?

And then they hit a fucking wall.
>>
>>60424532
This thread is so dumb.
>>
>>60425742
>in fact, it was thought of as a "woman's job" in the early days of programming, so i'm not exactly sure what the fuck happened

programming used to mean:
>convert pseudocode/flowcharts written by a developer into instructions and input them into punch cards/the panel of a computer
what happened is we replaced those women with programs.
>>
>>60425755
>Being alone is the single thing women fear the most.

it's really weird to imagine that mode of being considering I almost seek solitude constantly just so I can do what I WANT with no considerations of others lol
>>
>>60426448
Might as well blame it on patriarchy
>>
>>60425478
>implying women only study gender studies
>>
>>60426317
here in New Zealand most engineering students rarely touch any programming other than engineering program. Kinda amazes that europe is like that

>>60426514
it's more fun to do programming with friends, at least they would make you feel way smarter if the codes they do is silly as fuck.
>>
>>60426572
You tell 'em girl! Women mostly study to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, pilots or something equally awesome and kickass!
>>
>>60426426

This.

Men: I bet I could make something that does this, too. I'll recreate it and modify it.

Women: Why not just use the thing that already exists? You're just wasting time.

Only one of those mindsets leads to learning and skillbuilding.
>>
>>60426631
kinda generalize all women don't ya think?
>>
>>60426455
>what happened is we replaced those women with programs.
Superior machine waifus when?
>>
>>60426653
not sure why people try to argue #notAllWomen when you only have to go to any 3rd year CS class and see there are maybe 4 women in there

generalization stems from observation, if CS/SE classes were at least 50/50 all the way to graduation then i might agree with you
>>
>>60426653

Everyone can be generalized, and there's nothing wrong with that when the topic at hand is women involves women in general.

There are outliers for both genders that would fall into the other category, but outliers don't change the general populace. With generalizations we can accept that there isna definite problem with a group of people and work out ways to discourage the aspect of their or our culture that makes it that way. When you complain that something is a generalization you may as well be saying you don't want the status quo to change.
>>
>>60426653
What's wrong in describing how majority of women actually behave on CS? When describing reality became a taboo?
>>60426689
this. I had like 5 women on 3rd year of CS, with 30+ in the beginning.
>>
File: 1481926499492.gif (408KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1481926499492.gif
408KB, 500x373px
>>60426689
>>60426740
I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but saying girls only care about fashion is a little silly assumption. If you look at Biological field, females ratio are more than males and it is in STEM field. My guess is that females are not that hardwired as men in dealing with logical problems
>>
>>60426689
>you only have to go to any 3rd year CS class and see there are maybe 4 women in there
have you compared the portion of women that drop out to the portion of men that drop out compared to what it was the first year?
>>
>>60426653
Generalizations are a useful tool, as long as you keep in mind that exceptions exist.
>>
>>60426822

That's the thing. Biology is easier. You're not applying anything that applies your own thought 99% of the time. Biology is reading and repeating information for tests. Programming is learning concepts amd applying them in a way to solve a problem, and trying to do it as efficiently as possible.
>>
>>60426855
What are you trying to prove?
There are many many men who are fucking retarded and decide to study CS.
Doesn't change the fact that the amount of people who really enjoy programming is very small and mostly male.
>>
>>60424532
>less females in STEM field
Everyone who actually studies STEM instead of being a neet knows this is a bullshit statement. The only STEM-fields with less women than men is engineering and CS
>>
>>60424532
Male brains are good at logical information processing, like math and programming.

Female brains are good at abstract information processing, like emotions and art.
>>
>>60426883
this. Stop saying females are less than males just because they don't prefer engineering and CS
>>
>>60426871
>Biology is reading and repeating information for tests

In what university? Because if I can move my expedient where I can just root memory everything I'm running right into it.
>>
>>60424532
>it's another VIRGIN NEET thread
>>
>>60426871
Oh I didn't know battling cancer and manipulating DNA is easier than writing hello world in Haskell
>>
>>60424662
or maybe girls are just retarded. no reason to overbuild a handwavey response
>>60424692
girls aren't good at math either
they're good at memorization
how many girls do you know that enjoyed/did well in real analysis?
>>
>>60426960

Very few biology students will ever do this.

Also that's one hell of a comparison. Like comparing writing a fully intelligent AI that can pass itself as a human being is easier than drawing the anatomy of a vagina.
>>
>>60424915
>Calc
Try algebraic number theory, retard. Calc is piss-easy.
>>
>>60426927
>>60426960
>be Biology major
>memorizes what this enzymes does
>memorizes what is the powerhouse of the cell
>get A+
good luck trying to learn like that in CompSci or engineering. You would spend hours and there would be no progress if you just memorizes everything
>>
>>60427031
>Very few biology students will ever do this.

But all of them will be trained to at least try.
>>
>>60426889
>tips fedora
>>
>>60426960
But programmers are literally doing that with shit like folding@home. What comparable contributions to the tech sector do biologists make?
>>
>>60427012
True, i don't actually know if they enjoyed math. My sample size was also very small (had like 5 girls total).
I did however notice that the way the studied things was exclusively bulk/ROTE memorizing things.
Since exams are tuned towards people who can memerize well they would always get top grades in exams but not do very well in lab excercises where you would do ad hoc programming.
Just my observations.
>>
>>60426927

I know 3 girls that majored in biology. Texas A&M and Syracuse University have you covered. They just drank and fucked through their entire school and complained about needing to memorize a bunch of terms last minute for exams. There was definitely lab time but they were just recreating previous studies and reporting on things.
>>
>>60427061
>Be Biology major
>Memorize inmunology
>Teacher ask in the test what is to be expected when a certain antigen enters the body from a certain source, in a certain point after a precise time
>Fail test
>>
>>60427089
>Texas A&M and Syracuse University have you covered

Goddamit, I would have to move to the US and take gigantic loans.

How is the inmigration thing going? can I get in if I use a big enough pole?
>>
File: F.jpg (38KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
38KB, 620x445px
>>60427061
oh you're really funny man aren't ya? It doesn't make any sense at all you fuckin computard
>>
>>60427061
>good luck trying to learn like that in CompSci or engineering
B-but that's how i learn everything for networking and operating system courses. What the fuck do you think people who study CS do?

>>60427031
Why the fuck are you then comparing biology 101 to AI research? Very few CS students will ever write a good AI.

Damn I hate you autists who think programming is some kind of secret skill that only a few people in the world knows about.

I have a hard time believing anyone of you people actually have ever talked to a biologist or even studies at a university
>>
>>60427125

Syracuse would probably take you just to get their diversity quota but then again it's NY and they're full of immigrants already.
>>
>>60427080
>Since exams are tuned towards people who can memerize well they would always get top grades in exams but not do very well in lab excercises where you would do ad hoc programming.

I had one teacher do a lab-style exam, with the goal of setting up LAMP and a bunch of user accounts, placeholder websites for the said accounts, and some other settings. It was very fun. Downside is that it's now been 8 weeks since the said exam and I and some other people are still waiting for our grades...

So it isn't necessarily that the exams are tuned towards those people, it's that exams are tuned to be fast and easy to grade. Them being easy to pass by rote memorization is just a side effect of that.
>>
>>60427141

Why would you compare cancer research to writing a hello world program? I pretty clearly stated the reason I made that comparison as a way of showing how ridiculous the first scenario was.
>>
>>60427141
There is """programming""" and programming.
Go watch a video by Scott Meyers and tell me programming isn't fucking difficult on the high level.

https://youtu.be/fhM24zs1MFA?t=1399
>>
>>60427174
>modern C++
>difficult
top kek
>>
>>60427174
Programming has nothing to do with CS you fucking retard, this disqualifies you from even posting in this thread
>>
>>60427141

>basic networking

I want Information Systems majors to get out.
>>
>>60427141
>taking networking and operating system courses
I'm not taking about minor courses but real programming course like "Formal Languages and Compilers" or Algorithm
>>
>>60427169
That sounds nice though. I did very poorly on ROTE exams but always got very good grades on any project we had to do.
I understand though that colleges prefer ROTE exams to have a higher throughput and more money from students.
>>
>>60427204
>Formal Languages and Compilers or Algorithm
Hence memorizing rules and pseudo code..
>>
File: 1455734500.jpg (31KB, 348x441px) Image search: [Google]
1455734500.jpg
31KB, 348x441px
>>60427198
There is very little programming in any CS class but saying it has nothing to do with one another is just plain stupid.

Also note how the OP explicitly asks about programming.
>>
>>60427236
If your degree contains more than 2 programming courses your pretty much studying at a shit school
>>
>>60427198

>computer science doesn't require learning about programming language theory or computational complexity theory

Enjoy your community college degree and your future working in a tech support call center.
>>
>>60427266
t. burger flipper
>>
>>60425699
Why would you need to do calculations in your head?

You have computers for that. Focus on bigger problems.
>>
>>60427266
>P1: Pascal
>P2: C
>P3 and P4: C++
>PWorkshop: Java
>Intro to FuncProg: Haskell

Is it too shitty?
>>
>>60427223
It's not memorizing but fully understanding the concept and IMPLEMENT it on programming. Programming it into computer from a math theory is the hardest part of CS and I think that is what meant. I notices people when full retard in this thread and start saying girls are stupid just makes me cringe. Implementation requires careful planning and patience, which is really different than most fields.
>>
>>60427223

>have to do end of term projects in which you apply everything you've learned
>have to do it as efficient as possible and inefficient code will cost you
>at one point have to make a working computer from scratch down to creating your own bios and operating system

Biology you can cram and abandon to get through. With this shit you better not forget a damn thing or you're in for hell. Especially when you apply for a job amd they ask you to put a program together in front of them with no materials to reference.
>>
>>60427106
>Majoring in Immunology
Sounds like an interesting thing study, right now I'm still not sure what to study after A-Level (UK) and just wondering hows the major?
>>
>take online baby programming class
>eight weeks of introductory design
>all pseudocode even
>three female names in class
>two bitch continuously about how hard the class is
>never add anything to discussions, one drops
>the other leaves scathing "i've taken programming classes before but this is awful blah blah"
>the last female just did her work, which was excellent, and didn't respond to respond to the bitching at all

I should have kept her email.
>>
>>60424532
Still in uni, doing group project. Seems that male group males are struggling a lot more than females. Maybe it's just random, I don't know
>>
>>60427368

Naw, its just one part of my biology curriculum here in Spain.

But yes, its goddam interesting and has a lot of histology and biochemistry in it(mostly biochemistry), but at least is not like other subjects in biology; everything in inmunology is connected and makes sense like in embriology, is just that the field is huge and growing every second.
>>
>>60427416
There are more males in CS so more of them are shit.
When i enrolled some guys's only IT related skill was browsing fb.
Very few people of either gender in CS are good at what they do.
>>
>>60427428
I see, Biology seems like a really awesome major even though I've heard there aren't many jobs unless you're planning to work in university labs ( This is what I've heard in happening in UK ). But I feel like it could be a huge demand in the future by studying genetics or DNA related fields. I'm looking forward for CRISPR creating a huge job market for biologist
>>
When I was in college we used c++. I already knew programming from middle school (BASIC), and high school (scheme, pascal), so c101 was stupid easy. I did the labs and only showed up to turn in assignments and take tests. It was stupid easy. The class was small and I think most people made it through it.

C201 was basically intro to OOP and the class was huge. There were many women in it. By the end half the class had dropped it, but like 90% of the women were gone. There were only 4 left, all Asians fwiw.

My c30x class had no women, was about data structures, was hella hard shit I barely passed it, but I think most people made it to the end.

I took a perl class once at a community college for the hell of it. It was like their 200 level class. Only 4 of us were left at then, once them a butch lesbian.

Now I've worked with a lot of women in the industry over the years, but I hope you caught the theme here, only Asian women and lesbians are worth a shit. Seriously I don't know why but I've never worked with any white female programmers that were any good. I was sexually harrassed by one, however.
>>
different experience
>be me at 11
>go to coding camp at highschool
>first day, a girl is ahead of everyone in class while I give up and talk about Minecraft.
Now granted the girl was older than me but she worked worked through assignments that it even impressed the instructors.
>>
>>60427595
>11
>minecraft
A nice way to say "I'm underage"
now kys
>>
>>60427595

>11
>high school

Also

>coding camp
>>
>>60427534
same here in New Zealand, I start seeing people dropping out at "Intro to OOP" and at by 3rd year it's all colored haired chicks and asian girls left. Any ideas why there's rarely any females in this field ?
>>
>>60426578
Yeah, our uni curriculum is hardcore. It's tough when everyone expects you to be proficient at everything tech related no matter what mayor you are. Also it's sad how nobody gives a shit after you graduate. That's why most people just emigrated to other EU countries once they're done because most are considered experts in their fields almost straight after college.
>>
>>60424532
Girl in my class this semester was actually better than me. Maybe they dont all have tiny women brains.
>>
>>60427646

What's easier? Sitting through a class that confuses you and makes you change the way you view a situation, or marrying an older student that's about to "use his degree"?
>>
>>60427683
better at what? programming?
>>
>>60424532
I study CS in university and i can see that girls are much better than guys.
>>
>>60427683
>Maybe they dont all have tiny women brains.
Or maybe you do too
>>
>>60424692
>EXPLAIN THIS MATHFAGS
If you mean "good code" as easy to read and understand then you are probably right.

But if you mean "good code" as it is efficient and able to solve a hard given problem fast and accurately then you are dead wrong.
I have met a few CS majors in some of my math classes (Numerics especially), it was both funny and disturbing to see how they understood nothing.
>>
>>60427725
>>60427690
>>
>>60427690
Yes, in this case Python.
>>60427739
Thats also a possibility
>>
>>60424532
no. poland here.
we have "women in IT" events every other week. they get tons of official help. they get tons of help from countless beta orbiters. they get good grades easily and end up as dumb bitches that are still more likely to get hired just because they have a vagoo.
>>
Girls in my career have, in average, the same grades as the boys.

Those girls don't suck at CS because they're grils, they suck at CS because they're Americans; OP.
>>
>>60426180
This pisses me off. Most of the stuff I learn at uni is pretty basic, and I learn way more by myself, programming and basic knowledge. Still loads of people struggle with the coursework and drop out.
>>
>>60427801
>losing to anyone in pythong"""programming"""
Anon i have bad news for you...
>>
>>60427077
>biologists can't be programmers
>>
>>60427460
This makes me feel better.
>>
>>60424532
>Do girls find CS major harder than guys?
If you are a sociable female, everything will be ok for you
>>
>>60424558
So...men will have advantage in Affirmative Action?

LMAO
>>
My uni took some of us to a hackathon and the girl in the group immediately had sex with an older man and then brought him along to dinner that night and it was weird.

From that point on I realised I never want women anywhere near me when work needs to be done.
>>
>>60428121
what the fuck lol?
>>
Males are there because that's what they think they want. Females are there because it's trending, it's cool, it will get them likes on facebook or shit like that.
>>
>>60427318
Aren't you just saying girls are stupid in a roundabout way.

>No they're not stupid, it's just they have a hard time understanding and implementing mathematical concepts as well as careful planning.
>>
>>60424532
How does CS compare to ChemE? My ChemE class was about 55% women, so maybe they just find CS too easy?
>>
>>60426180

This.

Since a bachelors is essentially the new high school diploma in terms of job requirements, I hope that one day it just becomes a mostly free institution in the USA like K-12.
>>
>Graph
How technology progress been declining since ww2
>>
>>60430176
>go to vocational school for IT
>next to us are the chem guys
>one day the chem teacher is like "yeah my laptop got a virus so i threw it away and bought a new one ahaha"
She was a woman and so were like nearly all the people attending the chem classes
>>
>>60424532
Girls find anything that doesn't rely solely on an emotional reaction difficult
>>
>>60424532
yes because cs betas don't give them the attention they think they deserve so their ovaries desiccate and they can't study anymore as a result.
>>
>>60430277
checked

/thread
>>
>>60424692
you need to know math to actually know what you should code but coding is the implementation of that math.
>>
>>60424726
women go into medical for status reasons and because they think they can marry a doctor when really that doctor will probably find some whore outside of work to marry.
>>
>>60430452
>write something that deals exclusively with strings (automated text processing based on keywords etc.)
>math
oh?
>>
>>60424558
This is because men actually have to go out and get jobs to pay for their piece of paper.
>>
>>60424532
Only girls I've seen struggle with programming more than average at our uni are the ones that are actually only interested in math but enrolled into CS courses to be more relevant on the job market. Others are doing perfectly fine, a friend of mine (girl) is actually pretty far above average and I'd recommend her for a project faster than most guys in class. I think the main part as to why we usually don't see girls among the people who do best in class is simply statistical - there are much fewer of them so of course they're less likely to fall into extremes, on good or bad side.
>>
File: 1494755824453.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494755824453.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
>>60426603
Hmm
>>
>>60430452
Meh, you need to know basic math and computation complexity, unless you're specifically dealing with mathematical problems that should be enough.
>>
>>60430629
show us some of her code
>>
>>60424532
It's boring for everybody but autismo. CE is the only way.
>>
>>60424826
>I agree with you on how bullshit that concept is, programming is very different than math. It's like planning a really detail strategy and hope it works perfectly while math is just "follow this method and you're done"
If you went to a good university where math was about proving theorems then you'd see the relationship between math skills and coding skills. But yeah, high school math is irrelevant.
>>
>>60430677
Don't have any on hand, sadly, as we don't have any subjects together this semester. Last thing I had with her was compilers class this time last year... Funny enough, in that class her implementation did better than any in our friend group and I don't think that any of ours downright sucked either.
>>
I saw roughly half of the first semester classes with girls in them, profs trying to encourage them along, even had a few female profs that taught opening and senior level courses who were great at communicating the subjects. second semester, 1:10 were female. third and beyond, maybe 2 girls in classes of 30+, and they would be foreigners.

maths, roughly half the classes even to calc3 were female. At least up to cal3, you have a toolbox of stuff you know you have to use and there's maybe 1-2 ways to use each tool. There's a strict order to how it's done and breaking the order leads to wrong answers.

programming is not intuitive for most folks since there's not a strict order in how you solve a problem, though with so many courses it's about developing your own order and problem solving technique that isn't ultimately a clusterfuck. those without such a development will drop after a couple semesters of panic and failure
>>
File: 1493708530592.jpg (44KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
1493708530592.jpg
44KB, 800x566px
>>60424558
taking into consideration the degree they will be getting
And guys nowadays just want to get out into the world already, start their own business or join some trade or just explore.
I'd say 65% of the guys I graduated with in 2016 were not focused on going to college, especially not right after hs.

I have to admit so many degrees in college shouldn't require going to a uni for them. They should just make a technical school and learn it there.
>>
>>60425116
you don't have to plan when you can get a beta provider any time you want.
>>
>>60430968
is she fat/ugly?
does she have problem hair?
is she a feminist?
>>
>>60431013
>programming is not intuitive for most folks since there's not a strict order in how you solve a problem
This so much. Lots of academia today is hand holding and saying "do x to solve y" but programming doesn't work like that.
>>
>>60431212
Nah, just really average - looking.
Nope.
Nope.
Used to be a metalhead tho.
>>
i cant even
this thread is next level
are you guys seriously trying to act like you didnt notice that women are worse at logic? like its not well established?

>could the reason there are so little women in STEM be that they need 5-infinity as much time for any given problem ?
>>
>>60431404
Or you're just hanging around tards.
>>
>>60431481
explain femanon
>>
>>60426572
Sorry I forgot photography
>>
I started to hate this place, why the hell I would care about lesbians who program
>>
>>60430575
Girls too
And they actually work more hours too.
>>
>>60434384
>girls work more hours
statistics say otherwise honey
>>
>>60434384
>>60434568
IDK when working more hours became a measure of productivity. Give people 6-hour workdays with ample breaks and good environment and they'll get more work done than they would in 8 hours with a single short lunch break.
>>
>>60432954
>I forgot photography

you also forgot

Biology
Medicine and Dentistry and all related subjects
Veterinary
Agriculture
Law
Administration
Social science
Communications
History
Philosophy
Art and design
Education
>>
If we weren't biologically programmed to desire women then they would be extinct.

Of course that would make everyone extinct but nobody would be thinking about that.
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (71KB, 658x582px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
71KB, 658x582px
>>60425755

>Being alone is the single thing women fear the most

But this goes for guys too. This site is the best evidence.

The primary reason we keep coming back to this place is to feel that there are others like us. That someone else has the same opinions and emotions about given subjects.

Just imagine arguing with some ignorant faggot in a thread, and then someone joins in and supports your viewpoint. Do you recall that feeling? Doesn't it feel good? Isn't that really what you're after?
>>
>>60434703
Chemistry and chemical technology too, their faculty over here is right next to ours and I'm almost certain that there are actually more women studying there than men. The math college has about 40% women, judging by what I've seen...

Bottom line is they study everything, I've just seen fewer in CS and other electrical/mechanical fields, probably because of the misguided stereotype that those are male fields. And y'all fuckers are a part of that problem.
>>
>>60434781
We're kinda pathetic, aren't we?
>>
>>60434667
>6 hours workday
>with ample breaks

Only a male would ask this.

"muh 10 breaks a day because i'm tired"

>they'll get more work done than they would in 8 hours with a single short lunch break.

No they wont. Because student jobs arent the kind of job that you can take your fucking sweet time going on break every 30 minutes. You need to be fucking productive and when it comes to it, male students are at the fucking bottom of everything. A cat is more productive.

Majority of male students are always asking for breaks and day off.
You're lazy.
>>
>>60434781
I don't think so anon. I come to imageboards mostly to make other people angry. My net is down quite a bit at times so then i simply don't come here.
However girls will literally break down and cry if they are alone too long.
>>
>>60434781
I only come here to learn new shit, not to socialize.
>>
>>60435007
>However girls will literally break down and cry if they are alone too long.
>implying

Do you even know any girls?

I'll tell you from a viewpoint of someone who has a vagina that I could take as little social interaction as any of you faggots. I hope that you can grasp that just as how there are different types of men, there are different types of women as well. There's not a personality that fits all women.
>>
File: 1408702256092.png (99KB, 1254x261px) Image search: [Google]
1408702256092.png
99KB, 1254x261px
>>60435180
>>
>>60434987
I haven't a fucking clue what you're on about, but there was a study somewhere that proves my point, just can't be arsed to look for it.
Also stop going all feminazi on me, I never even mentioned gender in the comment and I'm actually all for more women in science and especially tech. What I'm not for, however, is the dumbass overtime work culture - burnout is NOT productive.
>>
>>60435280
We're on a blue board friend, you might want to head to >>>/b/
>>
>>60434796
>And y'all fuckers are a part of that problem.
If they want to study it, they can study with it. There is literally nothing saying NO WOMEN ALLOWED. I have never once had a problem with that or made any attempt to keep women out of the field. My problem is summed up nicely here:
>>60425534
>how many women will pay for their own tuition, and how many will get a free ride on the "We must make more female only scholarships to improve the equality of the STEM fields, despite the fact that there are absolutely no male only scholarships." plan?
>>
>>60435180
Women without any social interaction turn into crazy cat ladies with cunts dryer than the Sahara.
>>
>>60435180
>from a viewpoint of someone who has a vagina
A man-made vagina crafted by a doctor from the brutalized remains of your penis doesn't count.
>>
>>60424558
I prefer the other graph that shows boys and girls do exactly the same in math from grade school to up to college, yet many women don't major in math.
>>
>>60435332
I'm from Europe and this problem exists here too, women usually make up only around 10% of CS classes. The funny part is that the argument about paying tuition falls completely flat here because there is none, so long as you're serious and don't fail more than one semester. As for female-only scholarships: yeah, there are some, but they're so rare and far apart that they barely matter and even those are for foreign girls and mostly just cover living costs.
>>
>>60435460
Yeah, that's not the case in North America. Say what you want about the ridiculous tuition fees we pay, I won't argue a single bit of it. But here, the gender studies bitches take gender studies so they can turn around and whine about there not being enough women in STEM, instead of just taking a STEM course instead and contributing to more women in STEM. And then schools and people hear the outspoken whiny bitches and create women only scholarships for STEM fields in the name of "equality".
>>
>>60435328
I am not interested in your tits as they most likely look like shit anyways.
I just want to remind you that you are (even more) worthless on the internet
>>
>>60435400
This is a woman-made vagina made by my mum and it's really nice and soft.

>>60435347
>cunts dryer than the Sahara.
And I assume your penis is swimming in vagina.

People are social creatures, you could benefit from some social interaction as well. We could sort out those mommy issues with few cuddles to start off with.
>>
>>60435686
why are women always so butthurt jesus
>inb4 jokes about my dick, manliness and or sexual orientation
can't even come up with good bait
>>
>>60435754
>butthurt
If that's how you want to view it. You're allowed to have your opinion on women, I'm just trying to help you to broaden your horizons.
>>
>>60435686
>And I assume your penis is swimming in vagina.

It is. I'm a fit 6'1" Latino majoring in CS and living in NYC. Clean out the cobwebs and don't let your cunny get too dry
>>
>>60435783
>Latino
Yeah, I do get your point of view now. Latinos attract certain kind of women.
>>
>>60435775
Why exactly are you here?
Just to show off your inferior intellect?
You haven't said a single smart or at least interesting thing since you appeared.
>>
>>60435914
I don't see how quality of my posts is worse than majority of posts here. I'm actually here because people are replying to my posts still, why are you here?
>>
>>60435964
I am here because the OP asked if anyone can confirm that girls do well on theory exams but poorly when writing code by themselves.
As it so happens i can confirm this exact thing with girls at my college acing the exams and failing the labs.
Then you appeared, your brain no doubt short-circuited by emotions, telling people you are a girl expecting something good to happen.
Now i am just waiting for you to embarass yourself further.
>>
>>60436050
And I'm here because I graduated CS, aced all labs, did well on exams. I came with a different anecdotal evidence to yours, the fact that you feel closer to your own anecdotal evidence doesn't make it more correct.

Good programmers are few and far between, there's just more men in CS therefore going by percentages, good male programmers will be greater in numbers.
>>
>>60436161
What are your favorite languages?
Care to post some code?
>>
>>60425106
>when we were learning the bool variable type in school the women in our class just couldnt comprehend the concept that its either a true or a false.she kept nagging the professor why cant it be a maybe and shit.
That actually sounds like a really smart question that would come from someone who wants to understand something on a deeper level.
>>
>>60436191
Don't have a favorite language, I'll use whatever. I really liked C when I was back in college and it was my favorite when it was the only language I knew.

And I'm not going to post any of my personal projects, would you associate yourself with this site?
>>
>>60436328
No problem.
Since you liked C, can you help me with this code? Not sure what it does.
if ((state  == (__FLAG|__FLAG_)) && (cur->user_id = 0))
val = -AVAL;
>>
>>60436407
Not her but obscure and complex != good. KISS.
>>
>>60436424
Is there any low-level C code that isn't obscure and complex?
>>
File: 198916546781.jpg (17KB, 337x397px) Image search: [Google]
198916546781.jpg
17KB, 337x397px
>mfw some roastie wanders onto /g/ and starts larping as a CS grad

hey roastie, what are you working as now? call center agent?
>>
>>60424532
I was under the impression CS attracted a lot of girls.
At least compared to engineering degrees.
When I started, we had 3 girls out of 50 students.
They all dropped in the first semester.
>>
>>60424532
Maybe those girls just don't take the class as seriously as they should be
>>
>>60436488
my cousin or niece just graduated computer science. i've never met her but she did it
>>
>>60436424
How would you simplify it, evaluate (__FLAG|__FLAG_) beforehand?
>>
>>60436566
>At least compared to engineering degrees.
>3 girls out of 50 students.
Well what do you want?
>>
>>60436768
What I wanna know is what that assignment is doing in condition. Or am I missing something and that actually returns a value?
>>
>>60424558
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>60435783
This. Thanks for stats broseph!
Personally I'm 6'3", 9 inch dick, 154 iq, on 1/2/3/4, party with my bros
every weekend and straight A's. Currenlty banging out 3 different girls rn.
Please post stats more often breh FUCK THESE NEETS VIRGIN LOSERS LMAO.
>>
>>60424532
This is also my experience, only they didn't do well in theory either.
>>
>>60424532
This is also my experience.
It's stupid how politicians or whatever make a big deal about the lack of women in CS/STEM in general like there's some sort of discrimination going on, when in reality it's more likely that women on average just don't like/are not as good at CS/STEM than men. There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
This thread is truly euphoric.
Really made me tip my fedora.
>>
>>60425116
this isn't even stereotyping anymore this is just making up bullshit
>>
>>60426631
>Men: I bet I could make something that does this, too. I'll recreate it and modify it.
as if
>>
>>60434781
It applies to a lesser extent for men, and there are obvious female exceptions to the rule.

It's societal more than anything; men traditionally initiate relationships in Western society, and so even today, woman can pretty much passively exist and eventually find a mate that will carry her existence as long as she bangs him often enough.

Women don't need to undergo prolonged loneliness like men often do, so why should they? Women don't have to run dry on human contact, because existing as a woman guarantees it in many respects.
>>
>>60424532
From the women I've met (I go to a female-dominated university major -translation studies) and this is what I've found:
>never learned how the machine works
>prefer artisan debate to specialized texts
>finding the \ on a keyboard promoted me to "Token IT guy"
>after that, I was always the first to be asked to "look up" something on google or "look into" why the computer misbehaved

Seriously, from the women I've met, they're just scared they'll break something. They feel the computer is this big, bad, evil machine that's going to get all fucked up the moment they look at it bad. If only there was a simple "computers don't bite" class, they'd be fine.

These are just my observations from a very specific field.
>>
Just did final presentations for app dev class. Fucking woman (who is a god damn PhD) complained that the professor did not provide enough tips and shit bc this is all new to us. Bitch in the real world no one is gonna hold your hand and tell you shit. Working on a new project using a new package you don't know about? Your ass better get reading the docs. What the fuck is wrong with people? How can someone who has done graduate level research be this retarded?
>>
>>60434796
>I've just seen fewer in CS and other electrical/mechanical fields, probably because of the misguided stereotype that those are male fields. And y'all fuckers are a part of that problem.
Women try to get into CS/Engineering and even got huge support from most unis. My university even provide 15 scholarship for Female engineering students and yet the ratio is still low. Why can't you accept that those fields are very logical and a lot of women find it very difficult
>>
File: not.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>60437108
>>60437146
>>60437443
>>60437497
Are you guys for real? assuming all women are not smart enough compared to men in programming. It just happens that there's so few female in the field and being different feels like being judge a lot. Try going into a field where there's 90% females and whatever mistake you do,people would noticed more than what other girls would.
>>
>>60436742
>my cousin or niece
You can't tell which one? Or is she both?
>>
>>60440339
She is a distant cousin. I forgot
>>
>>60424611
I see this also. Every girl I know is an absolutely fantastic test taker. But holy shit when it comes to actually sitting down and writing a program they are so braindead I can't even stand to be in the same room as them with their stupid fucking questions.
>>
>>60439985
>this is also my experience
>am I for real?
Absolutely.
>>
>>60424795
TITS OR GTFO
>>
>>60425436
>taking more than an hour to implement mergesort
if you can't implement merge sort by yourself without straining your tiny brain you are a retarded programmer
>>
>>60436407

It checks if state is equal to the bitwise or of __FLAG and __FLAG_, and then sets the value of cur->user_id to 0. Since the second half of this boolean expression is guaranteed to always evaluate to false, the statement val = -AVAL; will never execute.
>>
I've noticed in my labs that guys will typically do things on their own while occasionally asking someone how they went about implementing something, usually taking them about 40 minutes to an hour to do their work

as for the girls in the lab, all of them seem to huddle up into groups and walk each other through the entire code, and googling how to do simple things like declaring an arraylist, for them on average it can take an hour to an hour and a half, sometimes the full 2 hours of the lab
>>
>>60440754
as someone who is starting Computer sciences major, it's quite hard to implement even though you knew the concept. Heck I still haven't complete my assignment about Binary heap because it keeps bugging for no particular reason
>>
>>60441271
to also add to this
if the guys don't know what something will do to the code they'll try it out and see what happens

but the girls will ask "if I did x would it mess everything up?" or "can i make y do z?"

it's like women don't know that they can just undo whatever fuckups they might get
>>
>>60424558
so glad I'm not a working class male. seems like those types are the most fugged.
>>
>>60440955
The = does the assignment and returns true.
>>
>>60431013
>programming is not intuitive for most folks since there's not a strict order in how you solve a problem
>those without such a development will drop after a couple semesters of panic and failure

this sounds about right. no use in overthinking it, women hate taking risks more than guys in this day and age.
i went to a cheap state university, and i think there was only like 2 girls that stuck with it from my freshman year, the rest were indian who transfered over during 3rd/4th years.
Main reason for leaving? anxiety, even with prof office hours and cs clinics, shits easy to panic over when things just don't go your way and you can't simply look at the textbook for a direct answer.
I remember helping an indian with some first semester assembly (babby's first addition) and she didn't even have the compiler going. there was nowhere in the class's textbook on how to set it up and the website's instructions were vague. helped her on every other assignment.
>>
>>60441558

>and returns true
It returns the value you assigned it to, which was 0.

Seriously, compile this and tell me what it prints:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
int x = 2;
if (x = 0) {
printf("This will never be printed\n");
} else {
printf("x: %d\n", x);
}
return 0;
}
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.