[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 57

File: 1469135080572.jpg (42KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1469135080572.jpg
42KB, 500x497px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>60410672
>>
>>60423956

pls respond
>>
Best VPN for Torrenting?
>>
File: wpm.png (25KB, 531x464px) Image search: [Google]
wpm.png
25KB, 531x464px
>>60424073
How fast can you type? Post keyboard too.

Microsoft x4. Not a bad rubber dome but I want to move to a brown switch down the line.

http://www.typingtest.com/scientific-test-app.html
>>
File: img1498222_0563b49b3e73e7b5.jpg (359KB, 1082x1310px) Image search: [Google]
img1498222_0563b49b3e73e7b5.jpg
359KB, 1082x1310px
>>60424073
How do I make pasta pictures?
>>
Literally nothing works on my fucking pc
audio died, there's a fuckton of exe and dll errors, I can't install almost nothing because of many errors, I ran malwarebytes, cc and all different shit and still the same. Worst part is I can't even reset the system because I even get a fucking error there. How do I install fresh W10 without a USB drive? Drive droid doesn't work.
>>
just get a cheap ass flash drive at walmart or something

>>60424269
>>
>>60424269
Remove the HDD from your computer and plug it into another one. Reformat it from there and reinstall Windows.
>>
I installed Fedora to an Acer Aspire ES11, and it displays a "No Bootable Device" message on startup. Guides recommend turning off Boot Protection to install it, which I did, and say that you can't boot unless you restore the GPT Record, which doesn't work for me: I get the message "GPT Table Restore Fail <Write disk error>."

How do I restore the GPT, whatever that is? I've been searching for hours and everything seems very hardware specific.
>>
File: calibration.jpg (28KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
calibration.jpg
28KB, 500x444px
Are monitor calibrators a meme or is it worth spending a hundred bucks for one?
>>
>on W7 SP1
>didn't install any updates because telemetry
>considering installing them because WannaCry made me too conscious about security vulnerabilities
Should I bite the bullet? Is there no way to get rid of the portion that contains telemetry updates?
>>
File: Capture.png (70KB, 807x521px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
70KB, 807x521px
Posted this last thread

Windows 7 keeps giving me these pop-up messages that say "Your hardware is not supported on this version of Windows." or something similar. Apparently I need W10 to use my processor properly.

Is this horseshit or would getting W10 actually make a difference? (Aside from the obvious OS change)

I have an i5-7500 @ 3.4GHz

If it is horseshit, how do I stop this thing popping up? It's infuriating.
>>
>>60424609
Yeah, it's horseshit, but as far as I know there isn't a workaround yet.
>>
>new to programming

>see code
>understand it quite easily

>try to code anything
>panic and can't do shit
>shit tons of errors

How the fuck do I fix this shit?
>>
>>60424350
probably worth it if you dont do anything where you need color accuracy, or if your monitor has really off colors to boot

but then again you could spend the money towards a new and better monitor
>>
why does my dash icon always look selected? Even if I didn't turn on the dash? I renistalled unity but it does not seem to help
>>
File: z4qoeuz.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
z4qoeuz.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
What's the best way to deband an anime video? Is avi/vapoursynth my only choice?
If yes, what's a good gui to use the with, since i'm not very familiar with non linear editing?
>>
Most of my video library is MPEG2, is it worth transcoding to a more modern codec? I mean, I don't mind wasting space for better quality but if the difference is negligible I might as well free up some space.
>>
Why are there no programs that can tell me my Ryzen CPU temperature? Do I just have to wait for them to be updated? BIOS still shows temps
>>
>>60424851
if you're ok with some quality loss, the jump from mpeg2 to say, h265 is pretty big
>>
>>60424905
Probably going to try it out then, I've ~1TB of MPEG2 videos
>>
>>60424501
http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
>>
>>60424663
Practice. You can't learn to play the violin simply by reading about how.

Build simple things and work your way to more advanced programs.
>>
>>60424905
Isn't there a way to use h265 losslessly, I heard you can do it with crf 0 or something, but i'm not sure
>>
How do I go from full Green on grc.com to full Blue in Windows 10? I would like to know more about that stuff on Windows.
>>
>>60424959
yes, you can do x265 lossless, but unless it's very high bitrate mpeg2 video, it might not even end up smaller than the original videos
if you want minimal loss, just use a very low (but not 0) crf, like 5
also don't transcode the audio (unless they're uncompressed, in which case compress those using flac, since that's just free savings)
>>
>>60424927
>As of late 2016, Windows updates are combined into inseparable batches. This means that you cannot remove bullshit telemetry "updates" reliably. The only options are to run Windows with known vulnerabilities, run Windows with microsoft spyware, or to not run Windows at all.
From the Windows 7 section of the /g/ wiki. What gives?
>>
What is the most ideal and realistic FOV for 16:9? I always have an OCD attack when I see these sliders because I've not a clue what to set it to in order to see the game as close to "intended" as possible.

Does it depend on screen distance?I'm maybe 2 feet from my monitor.
>>
Anyone ? >>60422795
>>
>>60424340
I've tried formatting the HDD and creating a new GPT with Gparted and then re-installing Fedora once it was back in the laptop.

This also results in a No Bootable Device error, and it still isn't possible to Save or Restore the GPT Record, whatever that is. I still get a <Write disk error> there. I have no idea why this is happening.
>>
>>60424997
Got it, thank you
>>
I need to look up prices on optical sensors, the kind that mice use. Where the fuck do I do that? If I look up some mouse sensor all I get are gaming forums arguing about which mouse is better
>>
Before my finals they made me do some internship. I'm at a high school right now, they told me to "clean up" the computers of clutter and add some basic security to them.
I'm an IT guy so I haven't used an antivirus in a decade. What's a good free one that wont impact the dual core's performance but will provide relative security? Bearing in mind, of course, they're used by a bunch of kids who download random shit all the time.
>>
>>60425469
The one that comes with windows - Microsoft Security Essentials.
>>
>>60424073
Why is GNU/Linux the best OS for servers?
>>
What's the best program to view exif data?
>>
>>60425416
Anyone know a solution?
>>
>>60424107
Please?
>>
>>60424073
How do you download a youtube video's audio, using the url only? need to know for my next project.
>>
>>60425930
if there would be best it would no longer be best
if its popular it became focus of attention
like duh

go subscribe to /r/VPN and read through stickied posts

heres some chart they have there
https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
>>
>>60425771
You mean Linux?
And depends on what kind of server. Managing credentials on 3000 domain windows PC is sure as hell superior with windows 2016 and active directory
>>
>>60425993
you use youtube-dl and it either has a flag for audio, or you use ffmpeg to extract audio
>>
$ xdg-open something.doc
or
$ leafpad something.doc

how do i get the command prompt to renew after it opens the document in the gui? i dont want the opened document to be attached to or controlled by the terminal after i've opened it, is that possible? i know it's possible to do this in dmenu/rofi.
>>
>>60426129
you add &
xdg-open something.doc &

$ leafpad something.doc &
>>
>>60424073
How do I do this?
$array = ["a" => 1];
$array["a"]; // how do I get the key ("a")?
>>
>>60426077
It's not working?
>>
>>60424105
you want "quiz bee" type of learning?
maybe hackerrank or codility
>>
>>60426299
in javascript
var object = {
a: 1,
b: 2
}
var arr = [];
for(x in object) {
arr.push(x);
}
return x;
>>
>>60426370
>>60426299
Or just remembered you could just do
var object = {
a: 1,
b: 2
}
return Object.keys(object);
//output ['a', 'b'];
>>
>>60426370
>>60426393
Forgot to mention, that's PHP.
>>
>>60426312
>did you chose the right format?
You can view them with "-F"

so: youtube-dl -F "url"
then: youtube-dl -f <chosen format> "url"
>>
What can I do with some old computer parts? Got a i3 2120 that's hardly been used, a mobo with a dead RAM slot, two 4gb ram sticks and an old case. No powersupply.
>>
I remember hearing that some of Windows Updates were completely incapable of being installed after you installed them and that they could basically then force you to use updates for unwanted updates. I believe they were some of the "Security Rollups"? Is this true or not? Would tronscript's .bat telemetry removal work fine after completely updating, or would those, if they work as I said, be unaffected?
>>
>>60427711

Build a computer?

Sell it?
>>
File: tfw.png (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
18KB, 450x450px
>>60427749
of being uninstalled*
>>
>>60427759
Not sure how I'd sell a half-dead mobo and an ancient low-end processor, and if I blow money on a new PSU and other parts there's nothing I;d use it for
>>
Heil?
>>
File: questionmarkgirl.jpg (99KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarkgirl.jpg
99KB, 450x450px
do you install optional windows updates?
should i?
what do they do?
>>
>>60427749
On Win 10, kinda. The Cumulative Updates are pretty much the same as Service Packs used to be. You can do a rollback for 10 days, after that the automatic update is deleted.
>>
Are the latest Nvidia drivers or CU fucked right now?

My vidya has dropped in performance since I got them
>>
>>60427811
Ebay/craigslist.
>>
if i have a bunch of points that define a figure in 2d space, how do i rotate the structure?
>>
>>60427889

matrix arithmetic
>>
>>60427871
I forgot to mention I was on Windows 7. I seem to recall them bundling their updates so you can't choose a la carte, anymore, and I would hate to just batch install and not be able to batch remove Microsoft's jew updates.
>>
>>60427899
points are not kept in a 2d array
they are stored in a vector
>>
>>60427921

I am aware.
The matrix represents the rotation.
You multiply the matrix by the vector of original points and the result is a vector of transformed points.
>>
>>60427366
what would i put for <choose format>
>>
>>60427975
how do you apply a matrix rotation to std::vector exactly?
>>
>>60427906
For 7 there's one big combined update KB3125574 that includes everything released between SP1 and May 2016. If there's some update inbetween that you don't want you'll have to do all the others manually.
>>
>>60427906
On Windows 7 now you will only get jew updates (security+optional) IF you use Windows update. This started around last October.

To get non jew updates you have to manually download security-only updates released once a month. These are not cumulative so you have to get each month's and then install it.

This is the index page:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4009469/windows-7-sp1-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-history

Remember, security only updates are the one you're looking for.
>>
File: matrixvectormultiplication[1].png (3KB, 370x100px) Image search: [Google]
matrixvectormultiplication[1].png
3KB, 370x100px
>>60428042
By matrix multiplication.
>>
>>60428042

I don't really know C++, I just know a little bit of maths.
(a b  * (x  = (a*x + b*y  = (x'
c d) y) c*x + d*y) y')
>>
>>60427899
>>60427975
>>60428078
>>60428104
You guys realize std::vector is not the same as a vector in math right?
>>
File: 1447426911350.jpg (67KB, 777x635px) Image search: [Google]
1447426911350.jpg
67KB, 777x635px
How safe are those free HTTP proxies?
>>
>>60428122
Math doesn't care how you implement it.
>>
Anyone has 4k monitor?

There's this video:
https://youtu.be/ra9cMaw4gWo

Can anyone post the screenshot of only the top left corner when the person is actually racing? Also post the time when you took screenshot.

Also can anyone confirm that it is playable in 2160p60 on youtube?
>>
I'm having a really weird problem with windows 10 LTSB N on my Thinkpad x220. The start bar doesn't do anything when I click it. This happens often and is really annoying.

Restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue, but only temporarily.

Anyone knows why this happens? Know that the only software that runs on the background along windows' stuff is Lenovo's (fn keys, fingerprint scanner, etc). Tried disabling all of them one by one but it didn't work.

The bar works properly in safe mode.
>>
>>60428141
a "vector" in c++ is a linked list, a data structure not something you can execute math operations on
>>
>>60428128
don't login anywhere
>>
>>60428231

It's more like Java's ArrayList m8. Backed by an array which automatically grows when the size exceeds the capacity.
>>
>>60428250
Even to sites that uses HTTPS?
>>
>>60428297
Either way it is not a vector like in math m80
>>
File: 45v.jpg (114KB, 406x414px) Image search: [Google]
45v.jpg
114KB, 406x414px
Recently my internet has been doing this and fixes itself after a while. Provider says there's nothing wrong on his end and plugging the modem directly avoiding the router doesn't make any difference.

There isn't anything else I can do to fix this myself? It's hard having internet but not having internet.

I've gone through few ways of reseting things and changing dns.
>>
>>60428513
To do a rotation it is. Matrix multiplication is how you do a transformation operation to a coordinate, doesn't matter what kind of data structure you're using to store the coordinates, the result is the same.
>>
File: Accelero_Xtreme_IV_F03[1].jpg (38KB, 448x333px) Image search: [Google]
Accelero_Xtreme_IV_F03[1].jpg
38KB, 448x333px
I have a founder's edition card but I want to install an aftermarket cooler, granted I know that I'm voiding my warranty, I don't really care too much as I'm eventually giving this card away.

https://www.arctic.ac/uk_en/accelero-xtreme-iv.html

Any other after market coolers?
>>
Anyone good with the Tasker app around /sqt/?

I've bought into the automated house meme and got myself a philips hue light in the hallway. I can set timers in the philips app but I want it to turn on when I come home (connect to specific SSID) and turn off ~10 min after turning on.

I've setup Tasker with the hue plugin (AutoHue) so it turns on when wifi connects but I'm having trouble with the turn off timer. It seems I can't turn it on again after turning off because it's waiting on my 10min timer.

Here's how I got it in Tasker:
>Profile: Wifi connected (ssid),*, -> Hue on Wifi
>Tasks:
>1. Autohue IP 192.xxx Light: Huelamp On (works when testing the setting every time)
>2. Wait
>10min
>3. Autohue IP 192.xxx Light: Huelamp Off (works when testing the setting every time)

Is there a more reliable way to configure it? A bunch of times when I've gotten it hasn't triggered to turn On but I can't tell where it fails. I've checked the phone when I get close and Tasker does show up with an active profile whenever it connects to my wifi but the light stays off until I fiddle with it like turning wifi on and off.
>>
Is there any way to transfer contacts from the phones memory on old ass pre-android I don't even know what OS?
>>
>>60428906
maybe, depends on what it is
>>
>>60428906
Locked carrier?
>>
>>60428940
This one http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_100-4120.php Want to move the contacts on to a Nokia 130

>>60428957
I'm not sure, why does it matter?
>>
>>60429026
You can copy the numbers to SIM card then move it to the new phone.
Keep in mind SIM card can have very low memory.
>>
okay /g/ how do I learn how to code and use linux?
>>
How secure are VNs on VirtualBox?
I want to:
a)run a personal server on a VN just to fuck around
b) purposefully get a guest infected with viruses (to fuck around again)
Is it safe to do either?
Or is using my Windows 10 PC secure enough for a)? (I do update it regularly)
>>
>>60429157
That's the problem. The SIM card was full so I had to save half my contacts to the phone memory
>>
>>60429272
Can you remove the batteries?
>>
File: 1477867492778.png (1MB, 1365x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1477867492778.png
1MB, 1365x1078px
About to finish 3rd year of Uni, so I'm going to jump into C++ before I finish my 5th year. Anyone know a decent book I could use?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494947116&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping+into+c

My friend recommended this last night and slung me an eBook version of it for free. I was reading the reviews and the fact it's not C++11 standard is kinda off putting, but he's at work and I can't ask him..
>>
>>60429272
You want to move it between devices, right? One brute force method would be moving them a couple of times
>>
>>60429331

C++11 changed a lot of stuff, you want to know how that works desu
>>
>>60429370
thanks friendo
>>
>>60424116
Used to be able to type at about 94WPM average using my old custom capped Ducky Zero
last time I tried was with my Razer Blackwidow @ some 70WPM or so
I want to get back to typing faster
>>
what's an easy way, as a college dropout with no real qualifications, to get money? I'm not talking thousands, I'm just thinking maybe a few hundred to get some used stuff off ebay/amazon/craigslist
I want to get a new computer to start working more on youtube, but I'm holding my friend back with out channels. we were going to do daily videos, and he's able to do them, but my computer is sluggish even after clean installing
>>
what are the differences between linux distros?

and

what is the linux equivalent of having a C:\ (OS + programs) and D:\ (other programs + random shit) partitions? and how would I reinstall the OS and keep the D:\~linux partition untouchable?
>>
>>60429703

>what is the linux equivalent of having a C:\ (OS + programs) and D:\ (other programs + random shit) partitions? and how would I reinstall the OS and keep the D:\~linux partition untouchable?
Linux has everything under a single tree, starting from /.
/bin and /sbin contain basic programs (stuff you can't boot without) while /usr/bin and /usr/sbin contain heavy stuff like web browsers or office software. User data lives in the /home/username folder.
You can partition this all up however you like.
>>
I bought a new hard drive from hitachi since I was running out of space. I opened the packaging and noticed scuff marks along the metal components near the sticker. I plugged it in, new volume and tested it to make sure I wasn't getting a "new" used drive and it had 0 power on hours so I was thinking it was ok. But afterwards it started making a thumping noise and I just left that thought to it being new and wearing in. This morning I power on and it's making grinding noises but crystal disk info still says it's good. Am I wrong that I should return it? I already submitted a return request because of the condition it came in and the noise because I don't expect a new drive to be this fucky right off the bat.
>>
>>60429909
hdd's most often fail either;
- 5+ years of use
- immediately

i've run into this a couple of times, just RMA it
>>
>>60429703
Different philosophy and DE.
>>
>>60429789
so could i make a "partition" for "/home/username", reinstall linux (even other distro?) and " /home/username" would still be there, untouchable?
>>
>ancient sony vaio laptop
>hard disk finally failed
>no linux distro on it worked because fucktons of drivers were missing for some reason
>cooks the table it's on
>battery life of about 15 minutes

Is there any reason to keep this around?
>>
>>60430056

Generally you would put all of /home under its own partition. That's a pretty common thing to do.

If you wanted to install another distro, you would just delete the other partitions and keep the old /home.
>>
>>60425469
Bitdefender or avira I guess, old ladies will still swear by mcafee even if John himself pays people to not buy his products.
>>
>>60428023
The numbers that come up after using -F. Use -f (lowercase) then add whatever numbers are compatible like webm audio and webm video, or mp4 video and mp3 audio, or just try extracting the audio only by using --extract-audio
>>
>>60430107
post model
>>
>>60428023
"bestaudio"
>>
>>60430196
vgn-fj77gp

Looks like its some obscure model no one gives a fuck about either
>>
File: 1494951327.png (83KB, 773x771px) Image search: [Google]
1494951327.png
83KB, 773x771px
>>60430227
>512MB RAM
well, you were not kidding calling it ancient
toss it away
>>
Any way to disable resizing of images in Chrome on higher DPI settings? I don't like when images get rescaled like that for no reason.
>>
>>60430247
Mine's got 1GB though
Think I"ll just keep it around as a junk demo laptop or something to practice disassembly
>>
File: gun sheet revolution.png (2MB, 1684x948px) Image search: [Google]
gun sheet revolution.png
2MB, 1684x948px
>>60424073
Best distro and method for Windows VM with GPU passthrough?

In light of WannaCry I'm fully moving over to linux from just the dual boot I've had for years.

Currently with i5 3570k and r9 290 gpu have no second gpu, but I think I've read its still possible to have integrated dedicated to the host.
>>
>>60430418
try ubuntu or arch
the ones with huge number of users so you can actually follow some guides
also I read that gpu passthrough is not really usable, input lag, issues all around will be present

keep dualbooting for games and shit, dont keep anything valuable on partitions that win has access to
>>
Should you format a new ssd before using?
>>
Is it worth getting a 6600k instead of a Ryzen 5 1600?
Considering I can get a mail-in rebate for 110€ on the i5
>>
>>60430668
you will need to, its empty unformated space, you will need to partition it and create filesystem, though its done for ya automatically usually during install

>>60430678
that seems extremely high, like you buy that i5 for 100€ in total or even lower maybe
but be careful with the rebate, intel is not doing rebates, so its your local re-seller, and they can fuck you over when its mail-in-rebate.

as for performance, yeah, with that price it should be fine
>>
>>60430759
Nevermind, forgot to mention it's the 6600k plus an Asus MB. The rebate comes from Asus.

Comparing total cost (CPU + mobo) I think the Intel sides wins but I'm still skeptical on the "future-proofing" AM4 can provide.
>>
>>60430779
usually such deal comes on overpriced mobos already.

it also depends on what you will be using it for, and what do you have now.

If you can wait, I would wait for next intels offering in autumn

I actually am on 6600k now and will be switching to 1700 over the weekend when m.2 ssd and heatsink come. Will be seeling it while it has some value.
>>
>>60430844
I was planning on getting the Z170 mini itx from Asus.

It's for a Linux machine with possible GPU-passthrough down the road and I've heard Ryzen is fucked on this part.
>>
is there any way to sen a simple message to a remote pc only knowing its ip?
>>
>>60430880
well its up to you, performance of skylake i5 should last you decently IMO, but when I am running virtualmachines and have my main windows running and wanted to quickly test something in pfsense or arch testing install or windows powershell... I kinda felt restricted by the number of cores of my i5
>>
>>60430926
no
but you can google "net send" its for LAN and old windows versions
if you got access to that pc and can preinstall shit to it so that it waits for the message... yeah...
>>
>>60430960
thank, lready google that, but I wanted to contact a torrent peer, so yeah, nevermind
>>
I have a Windows LiveCD installed into an external HDD. My current Windows installation has a fucked up boot and won't run by itself, but if I turn the PC on with the LiveCD, it'll boot. The problem is, I want to specifically go into the LiveCD's installation to try to fix it, but whenever I plug it on before power on, it goes straight to the desktop instead of going through the Windows setup.

What do? I don't think I can simply format the external disk because it's using files from there.

TL;DR, how do I force a LiveCD on an external HDD to boot to Windows install setup?
>>
So Intel just got exploited ealier. Is there anything from AMD equivalent to ME to watch out for in buying a processor? Specifically with the new set of processors coming out, Ryzen 9 and Skylake-X. I've heard Skylake has a fortified ME, which makes me just want to get BW-E. Ryzen 7 isn't an option.
>>
Has anybody else's Firefox Developer Edition not updated since April?
>>
Any reasons I should be deterred from getting a wireless headset for online gaming?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170516-133840.png (781KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170516-133840.png
781KB, 1080x1920px
If I go to share a file via documents on android, these random ones I've never seen show up in the "recent" option, what gives? Not in my Google drive, local storage can't find them elsewhere and never seen them before outside of the recent tab when you try to share on mobile.
>>
What in your opinion is the best language to learn and code in?
Currently learning VB (visual basic) and it seems alright, though I'm not exactly doing complicated algorithms
>>
Can someone point me in the right direction on Bitcoin?

I'm not doing anything terribly shady but after I had to submit 5 years of bank statements to the government I'm not sure i want to keep making records of every online purchase.

I downloaded the "bitcoin core" and it said it needed 122GB to install? Is that right? I'm on a bandwidth limit here. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>60431559
Update, found the built in file manager and one of them had this under the info section
>>
File: Screenshot_20170516-134633.png (37KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170516-134633.png
37KB, 1080x1920px
>>60431630
>>
>>60431629

Are you keeping the whole blockchain on your computer or something?

Last I remember there were online wallets, blockchain was pretty good desu. No idea what happened over the years
>>
>>60431629
install linux
install Electrum wallet on it
done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqSYrSI074

funny is how you can have a lot of money just by remembering phrase in your head.
>>
I have a domain with BT, it hosts my companies website and also its email.

If I transfer the domain to 1&1, what will this do to the email?

We use Outlook for email, is there anything we will need to do once the domain swap-over happens?
>>
>>60431874
>I have a domain with BT, it hosts my companies website and also its email.
you should get clear idea about domain and hosting
whats the difference and what are you trying to change

no one really cares about domain, its too cheap, hosting is where money are and what you are probably trying to change
>>
>>60429175
bump
>>
I'm sick of google tracking my every move on Android. How to get rid of the play store and still install popular apps from trustworthy sources?

(my OS is custom but I had to install gapps because I still need those same apps)
>>
>>60431874
also
>We use Outlook for email, is there anything we will need to do once the domain swap-over happens?

I am no expert, but saw this being done, quite cleverly to me it seemed, though amaterish I guess

so, guy setup outlook to use pop3 and left mails on server
then setup different account with imap and just moved the old emails to the new folder structure
it worked surprisingly well

but I guess companies do it some other way, also office365 is the big thing now
>>
Are there any decent sites for tech journalism/reviews
>>
File: file.png (64KB, 474x816px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
64KB, 474x816px
This windows update (KB4019472) has been failing to install for a week now. Do you have some tips for a fellow anon on what to do /g/? I had to do a system restore after running
sfc /scannow
and restarting.
>>
is there a way to download youtube mp3 and mp4 files without any software, just using the url?
>>
File: linux_software.jpg (534KB, 1024x1400px) Image search: [Google]
linux_software.jpg
534KB, 1024x1400px
>>60431934
>>60429175
install linux, use it exclusively for 1 month
spend time customizing it, setting things up
discovering it

after month you should feel pretty comfy and at home, no more feeling like you are guest and being dragged to comfy windows, linux should feel comfy

now go through code cademy python course
slowly, no rush, this is not sprint, this is endurance cross country thing
start reading http://diveintopython3.net/
start doing challanges on https://www.codeeval.com
then book automatetheboringstuff

tinker with editors and IDE sublime text 3 is my favorite, but check pycharm too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIkg3Oo1PVM

learn how to git and github
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7MLaAKcUk&list=PLfdtiltiRHWFEbt9V04NrbmksLV4Pdf3j

meantime tinker with linux and terminal and virtual machines where you test your shit and run stuff you miss from windows but cant be bothered to go to dualboot for
>>
>>60431825
>open the video
>"the bock chain is about 13 gigabytes"

lol

So wait a snek anyway.

Is this also just making a permanent record of my transaction for everybody to see?

Is there no escape from the tracking Jew?
>>
>>60432105
it sees a transaction
how would it know its yours?
>>
>>60431488
Anyone?
>>
>>60432065
Still technically software but there are browser add ons that allow you to download with the url
>>
>>60432105

Every single transaction is recorded in the blockchain. So everyone can see what balance is associated with what bitcoin address, and what transactions that address has conducted.
>>
>>60431586
C++ and java are the most popular right now. If you are looking for a job one of types are best to learn
>>
>>60432151
Lol that's what i want to make but i don't know how to be able to download the mp3/mp4 file.
>>
>>60432146
>>60431488
cuz its usually cheap shit with RGB?
but >>>/v/
>>
I have a job interview next week, a inside friend told me they are going to ask me some algorithms and he said probably it will take max 30 mins. i guess they gonna ask some basic algorithms, what should i learn? i know sorting algorithms only
>>
Any good apps for to do lists?
>>
My friend heard me typing on my mechanical keyboard and he says he's very interested and wants one. The problem is that he has a macbook pro and I really don't know much about mechanical keyboards to recommend something suitable for maccbook pro (in terms of size etc.)
I have a logitech g610 Orion with brown MX cherry switches.
>>
>>60432727
google keep
>>
>>60432748
I dont think macbook is some special case
made him decide on the size if full size or tenkeyless

ask more in /Mechanical Keyboard General/
>>>/g/mkg
>>
As a non-root user, can I grant rw access to some of my files to a specific user?
>>
Asking /g/ Because Google is dicks. I have windows 10 on a tablet and whenever I lock it it pauses the audio. How do I make it not do that? All Google gives me is shit for if audio breaks when you lock/sleep but it's very clearly an os function not an error.
>>
man i just wanted to turn my light on but turned the power strip switch off instead out of habit, flipped it back on and pressed my computer's on button and it basically came back to where it was when I turned it off
note that it was in sleep mode when I cut the power
i know capacitors and all but still spooky, it's not like i turned it on back immediately
>>
What should I learn to get like 200$ per month asap with freelance backend programming?
I have a year and can spend 8+ hours a day for learning
>>
>>60432467
Why are you sending me to /v/ as if my question isn't appropriate here?
>>
I'm gonna get a better wifi signal by using a dual-antenna 300M router instead of a 150M?
>>
What Windows 10 ISO do I download on Microsoft website? Anniversary or Creators update? What's the difference?
>>
>>60433515
anniversary was last years update, creators is the latest.
>>
I'm getting pretty shit performance in StarCraft 2 through wine.
I heard something about KDE being buggy with wayland or something and that is why wine runs like garbage on it.

inb4
>he uses KDE
Just started using linux about 2 months ago and KDE has been kind to me. I plan on changing it up soon.

Anyways, is it actually KDE or what? On windows I get 120 fps on xtreme gayman settings, and through wine I get 60 fps on low.
I'm running Arch Linux with a GTX 960 and i5-6500.
>>
>>60424073
How can I display commandline outputs in latex and also be able to reference them correctly (ref fig 1 for example)?
>>
I currently have Win 10 running on a small SSD and want to dual boot with Ubuntu, is it possible to install & boot Ubuntu from a different drive? The SSD is pretty small so I'd rather not partition that.
>>
>>60433646
It is entirely possible
>>
File: 1482839856467.png (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1482839856467.png
37KB, 657x527px
How do you transfer whole applications (complete with activation/license) from one win 7 machine to another with easytransfer
>>
>>60424269
Stop browsing shady midget porn sites

>>60424311
This

>>60424320
Or do a Linus boot from afformentioned USB stick and clean it that way
>>
>>60434090
copy the entire disk.
otherwise you can't unless you know where the program stores its activation info.
In short, you don't.
>>
>>60434090
Learn -all- the registries for each program and export them to the new machine. Good luck!!
>>
>>60433646

It's better to not have them on the same hard drive anyways if you're not all that sure what you're doing
>>
>>60434142
>>60434142
>copy the entire disk.

Doesn't that fuck with hardware configs/drivers and so on though if it's being copied over to another machine
>>
>>60434228
run sysprep /generalize first if it's to be moved to new hardware
>>
>>60434261
>>60434261
Yeah i read something about that earlier, but doesn't this result in the current OS being pretty much unuseable afterwards? Like if the migration failed you would end up with two unuseable OS'es in that case
>>
Is there anywhere I can download the WanaCrypt executable file? I want to do some testing/decompilation on it.

If anyone has any ideas let me know!

Thanks
>>
>update uefi bios on my motherboard
>reboot everything works get into OS
>shutdown
>spam del and F2 to get back into bios because I want to fiddle with some settings
>it won't go into bios

help, the asus logo won't even show when I'm booting up. Do I have to press F1 or something else now?
>>
>>60434289
>doesn't this result in the current OS being pretty much unuseable afterwards?
no, it just puts windows back into a state where it detects all your hardware, similar to when it's first installed
sysprep is used all the time in businesses, as it makes it easy to fully set up one machine, then clone it to multiples machines afterwards
>>
File: bY7ygn8.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
bY7ygn8.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Are there any actually robust ways out there to change exif dates in a batch of at least 10,000 images?
Everything I've tried in the past can't use the date modified line properly, seems like Mac and Windows are at odds with each other or something. All I'm trying to do is get Google Photos to take my Drive shit in the identical order.
>>
>>60434303
some motherboards will go to bios if you hold the power for 4 seconds from a powered down state
>>
>>60434355
exiftool might help
>>
>>60434389
I think it's crashed on me too. 10,000 is approaching a lot
>>
Why the fuck can't I see hidden links on ffshrine? I registered and logged in but they're still hidden. Anyone a member? Why is this happening? It used to work.
>>
>>60433616
nvm I found out that I can put lstlistings inside of a figure. Problem solved.
>>
File: Definitely not a tumblr name.jpg (127KB, 1066x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Definitely not a tumblr name.jpg
127KB, 1066x1321px
Everytime i try to use VMWARE workstation i cant kill the motherfucker once i stop using it.
Several processes stay up even after exiting it, i have to manually kill them one by one.

Am i being NSAed?
>>
>>60434352
>>60434352
>>60434352
Well that makes sense

Definitely going to give it a shot then, thanks my man
>>
How do make a .doc file open as copy that's not a shortcut?

I basically want to disable overwrite on a doc file that's gonna be used as a template.
>>
Is their any way I can create a fake/virtual second display, preferably 4K (3820x2160) or even higher in Windows? I need to take some really high resolution desktop screenshots but my main display is only 1920x1080.
>>
File: fucke.png (37KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fucke.png
37KB, 2560x1440px
How do I remove the MEGA shit from here?
>>
I'm finding myself unplugging my Netgear Router 2 maybe 3 times a day because my phone and laptop both can't find the connection every now and then.

Is there a fix for this or should I just be on a lookout for a new Router if I see one on sale?
>>
>>60435241
How many machines do you have connected to it? Wireless access points work the same way as hubs. Things can start to go wrong if you have too many things on it.
>>
>>60435498
Desktop connected wired. Two phones, one tablet, one laptop.
>>
>>60424073
HOW do I use SSH on LINUX for FUCKS SAKE
>>
Anons with experience using FSP-made PSUs: how well does a Hydro G hold up compared to EVGA Supernova G2/G3 and Seasonics? It's got a very good score on Johnnyguru and other sites, but I want to hear some opinions on an anonymous kongolese basket weaving forum as well.
>>
How do I center pages like 4chan and the google main page that have the text aligned to left?
I have a big monitor and it annoys me have to keep the head turned
>>
>>60435867
ssh user@ip
>>
>>60435889
Connection refused mayne
>>
>>60435965
It's possible that the service isn't running. Try "service sshd start" and if that doesn't work find out how to start it on your distro.
>>
>>60435885
body { max-width: 1200px!important; margin: 0 auto!important; }

or just don't have the browser in fullscreen.
I'm on a 21:9 monitor and have the browser just 2/3 of the entire width.
>>
>>60436005
That'll probably do it, cheers mate
>>
File: screams internally.gif (1MB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.gif
1MB, 255x192px
>tfw one of the fans on my gpu broke so I have to play games on low to prevent GPU from frying

I can just buy replacement fans and replace the GPU fans manually right? R9 280x royalqueen is kinda old but I should be able to find fans that work with it
>>
>>60432748
Pok3r. Maybe even the bluetooth-enabled wireless Anne Pro and rk61 (I don't know if MacBook Pro supports Bluetooth, but you could always get a dongle).
>>
How do I hack computer?
>>
>>60436122
lol fuck off anon
>>
File: customLogo[1].png (3KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
customLogo[1].png
3KB, 48x48px
Is there a version of Chromium which is not Google infected, but that also is stable?
>>
>>60436630
firefox
>>
>>60436762
He probably doesn't want to use bloatware.
>>
Why does this option crash my mpv suddenly? I went from win8.1 to win7
opengl-pbo=yes
>>
>>60436630
inox
iridium
ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>60434740
I think you need a display emulator for that
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-16+at+05.25.40).png (40KB, 637x422px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-16+at+05.25.40).png
40KB, 637x422px
Is my drive ded? Or dying rather, in the past the only dead drives I've had died all at once. Gotten two BSODs from seemingly nothing, followed by "No Bootable Device" until I manually restarted. I'm only seeing "high" and "low" explanations for these numbers, without any actual reference numbers, and everything I check says "good".
>>
>>60424073
Hey /sqt/ just finished building my pc with a RX 570. Amd installed all the drivers from the AMD webpage..

How the fuck do i get the crimson software running? And wattman i literally can't find the way

The crismon drivers only say "it is installed" but i cant find shit on my pc or online.
Please help my retard self manage his graphics card
>>
>>60436878

Thanks senpai.
>>
File: 1494946785177.jpg (58KB, 580x679px) Image search: [Google]
1494946785177.jpg
58KB, 580x679px
I've installed Mint and am dual booting it with Win7

How can I make the partition larger (it's 20gb, but only has 2 gigs left)
>>
>>60437348
Boot up linux live cd/usb/whatever, run GParted
>>
File: AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-Bundle.jpg (100KB, 800x577px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-Bundle.jpg
100KB, 800x577px
Is the ryzen stealth boxed any good? Like does it make a lot of noise or is it whisper quiet, i didn't find any data on this as of yet
>>
File: 1477199962789.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1477199962789.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>60437418
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>60437556
thanks bb
>>
>>60437502
oh god, what's that heatsink connector? It looks like an intel heatsink
Why would they change it? I fucking hate those things, I always feel like I'm going to break the motherboard trying to force them in place
>>
>>60437502
Haven't seen a proper review of it. Have seen a couple of the taller Wraith Spire version which looks to have the same fan, general opinion is the noise is reasonable so long as you don't ramp up the speed too high. It's only being bundled with the 1400 for now, for which it should do fine.

>>60437696
It's not the same, it's screws going into a metal bracket. Saves the cost of the plastic bracket on top that old AMD mobos had to include.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-16+at+06.42.00).png (52KB, 676x953px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-16+at+06.42.00).png
52KB, 676x953px
>>60436953
Didn't realize Speccy had this information, too, and the actual information. There's got to be a reason shit hasn't been working, but the BSOD screen goes away way too fast.
>>
>>60437858
That all looks fine to me.
>>
>>60437935
Exactly, previously I didn't have any of the real values, and thought the "current" values were the same thing. So back to sitting around waiting for another crash to catch an error code I guess.
>>
I need a new lappy-t, convince me not to pull the trigger on a Spectre x360
>>
How can I record my FPS when playing something? I'd like to see all the high and lows of it, put into some kind of document, like those websites do when they benchmarks different CPU/GPUs.
>>
>>60437987
>lappy-t
kill your self
>>
>>60437987
It's not a thinkpad.
>>
okay I feel for the fucking linux meme and tried installing ubuntu
now all i get whenever i try to boot into it is
ubuntu /dev/sda1 clean and wont start up
how do I get rid of this shitty OS and all the garbage its put on my HDD?
>>
File: 2mV1H.png (27KB, 660x119px) Image search: [Google]
2mV1H.png
27KB, 660x119px
>>60438090
seriously how do i fucking get rid of this meme shit
>>
File: 1468737200889.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1468737200889.gif
12KB, 250x242px
What should I get if I want a headphone jack-to-USB adapter?
>>
>>60437987
>lappy-t
must come with the d in yo a, ese
>>
File: 1490095380554.jpg (57KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
1490095380554.jpg
57KB, 606x592px
>>60424073
Monitor question:
currently have a ZOWIE XL LCD (1920x1080@144Hz) and some really old 720 for my 2nd monitor, does /g/ have any recommendations for another monitor?
>>
File: to get things done here.png (16KB, 262x176px) Image search: [Google]
to get things done here.png
16KB, 262x176px
Would there be a way to combine E:\ and G:\ so that they appear as one drive?
Would this be recommended considering they're both very old drives?
>>
File: typing.png (14KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
typing.png
14KB, 540x324px
>>60424116
Logitech K120
gotta go fast
>>
>>60438371
DAW
>>
/g/ outsider here. /mu/ to be specific. I get paranoid about people hacking my accounts.Not just shit like social media, but things important like my Dropbox. I keep songs I'm working on there. I use really complicated passwords, but I still feel like if someone wanted to, I could be hacked. Is it just one of those things that you can't prevent, so there's no point in stressing? Kind of like nuclear war. Nothing your average folk to do to stop it, so there's not really a point in worrying about it.
>>
>>60438439
Logical partition
>>
>>60438561
Two step verification and backups.
Password manager, for a real password, not your birthday/dog's name.
>>
Which videoplayer should I use for anime?
I used vlc previously
>>
>>60438635
MPC HC + KCP
>>
File: 1.png (18KB, 486x377px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
18KB, 486x377px
>>60438497
Nice to see another K120bro.
>>
>>60438543
What?
>>
>>60438651
I think he meant DAC
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 507x266px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 507x266px
>>60438649
>H-He's Fast!
But wait, I didn't realize you didn't have to start typing as soon as the text appears.
top THIS
>>
File: e228wfp_enhent.jpg (79KB, 556x316px) Image search: [Google]
e228wfp_enhent.jpg
79KB, 556x316px
Can I do dual monitors with 1 in my GPU and the other in my motherboard?
GPU one is a HDMI, using now.
The one I want to put into my motherboard is a VGI (9 year old monitor I found in my garage, pic related).
>>
>>60438750
Yes
>>
>>60438750
Just plug it in nigger
>>
>>60438691
Oh.
Well no matter, that shit's too expensive and I'm not personally an audioautist. I just want something simple and small like a thumb drive that plugs and that's it, cause the thing is my regular headphone jack is busted and I'm tired of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO
I was thinking of something like this, but preferably one that doesn't go poof after a few days of use.
>>
When testing for the non-additive join property in the relational model, I am following this algorithm:

http://www.allsyllabus.com/aj/note/Information_Technology/Database%20Management%20Systems/Database%20Management%20Systems%207/Algorithm%2011.php#.WRueYGfNX7g

Step 4, if my functional dependency is

B -> E and my relations are {AB}, {BCD}, {ADE}

Do I set the cell at row ADE and under column E to a5 because B is present in AB / BCD or does B and E both have to be present in one of the other relations?

Any help appreciated. I'm struggling to wrap my brain around all these normalization algorithms they've thrown at me with very little content covering them.
>>
File: 1458694555021.gif (2MB, 247x403px) Image search: [Google]
1458694555021.gif
2MB, 247x403px
Is there a way to do a hard reset on a machine running winblows 7 without a recovery or boot disk? I dont give a shit about any of the files on it and just want to reinstall windows and drivers if at all possible. It seems that when I try to backup to a partition it tries to backup everything instead of just the bare essentials. Its a frankenstein patchwork computer with an OEM version of win7 and a SSD+a failing HDD
>>
Is there anyway to disable HTML5 in Firefox without addons?
>>
File: aa.jpg (143KB, 794x768px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
143KB, 794x768px
Should I be worried /g/?
>>
File: untitled.png (55KB, 587x291px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
55KB, 587x291px
>>60438827
>>60438837
I plugged it in. Now how do I go about getting it to work? Windows doesn't detect anything.
>>
>>60439026
Did you try clicking detect?
>>
File: 1395383197325.jpg (93KB, 1211x645px) Image search: [Google]
1395383197325.jpg
93KB, 1211x645px
>>60438732
>>60438649
>>60438497
>>60424116
It's very cool, Bateman. But that's nothing.
>>
>in a worksafe environment
>get accused of having nsfw shit on it
>run wannaCry and lock it before my collector's edition trap gay shemale furry granny lemon porno is seen
>security eventually unlocks it to a wannaCry message
Am I in the clear or can they find it anyway?
>>
>>60439039
Obviously. I wouldn't have posted asking if I didn't at least try.
>>
>>60439112
Reboot into BIOS setup, find the option called something like iGPU Multi Monitor, turn it on. Then install Intel graphics drivers.
>>
>>60425003
It is Microsoft being Microsoft. You accept their shit in your mouth or you go hungry. That has always how they have done things. They are just being more blunt with it now.
>>
>>60427811
Just scrap the shit or sell it on ebay. There are tons of morons that are stuck in the idea that older automatically means better that will buy your shit if you are not a total jew with it.
>>
File: 1463668130714.jpg (374KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1463668130714.jpg
374KB, 1200x1600px
>>60424073
what is the recommended card for 1440 gaming? i have a 970 but i might give that to my gf(female) to get one of the 10xx series, im looking at the 1070
>>
>>60427865
Depends what they are, but usually, no.
>>
>>60439149
>Reboot into BIOS setup, find the option called something like iGPU Multi Monitor,
Did that, now it looks like this....
>install Intel graphics drivers
I don't understand. Which and why?
>>
is mining cryptocurrencies and trading them worth it?

Just about everything on /biz/ is about trading coins. I don't have money to invest but have a powerful computer that I could leave mining all day.
>>
>>60439259
>I don't understand.
What's there to understand?
>Which
The one for your GPU
>and why?
Because you're using it
>>
>>60439267
You need to create free software and embed a butcoin miner in it. Then mame it closed source and make the terms and conditions airtight.
Then you can make other people's computers your miners.
>>
>>60439301
I could do that but lets say using my own computer for now.
>>
>>60439320
>$0.01 was deposited into your bank account
And get used to that then. There's a reason why mining is garbage.
>>
>>60438894
Unless you already have a backup partition set you dont have a flash of your system files with which to restore from. Assuming you have a working disk drive or USB port make a backup to any random disk or USB stick (just about anything works, Ive wiped a ps2 game before and used it as a boot disk) when you have the backup made you can just run a factory restore and you will be on a fresh slate
>>
>>60439350
Doesn't it entirely depend on which currency you're mining though? Obviously mining bitcoins isn't worth it, but lets say you mine some lesser known currencies then hope they raise in value?
>>
>>60436026
Yes.
>>
>>60439320
>>60439267
its not viable as a single user. you will spend far more money on electricity than you will make back from mining with only 1 machine. The profits from mining cryptocurrencies are entirely in the hands of a few groups which have clusters of super computers running 24/7
>>
>>60439372
>hope
I should have known you were a lost cause since you mentioned /biz/. Just get a job, the pennies you can make with a miner on one computer will never be worth it. Setup a lab in your basement and run the miners there eventually.
>>
File: 20170516_213140.jpg (563KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_213140.jpg
563KB, 2048x1152px
>>60439259
Oops, forgot image. This is what it looks like.
>>60439288
?
I've been using the one in my GPU just fine? I said so in the original post, the second monitor is in the motherboard.
I don't understand why I need to install some new driver into my graphics card when nothing has been changed/added to it.
>>
>>60439400
I've read about some mining communities that pool their computers together, does this make it any more viable? Also my computer is on 24/7 anyways.

>>60439409
I'm currently a full time student so just looking to make some extra money on the side. I know I can't make this an actual income.
>>
>>60439421
Your dGPU and iGPU need separate drivers. A Nvidia or AMD driver isn't going to do jack shit for an Intel GPU.
>>
>>60439469
You won't make a profit. Go part time and get the job.
>communities
They'll see the profit. You won't at that amount.
>>
Would /g/ kindly give some recommendations on a laptop for my dad? He's not a super gamer, but something that could run Battlefield One on lower settings for example would be nice. And it's gotta have a 10-key. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>60439493
ok thanks anon.
>>
File: 1494986517879-859073867.jpg (504KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1494986517879-859073867.jpg
504KB, 2048x1152px
>>60439471
I understand, makes sense!
I have a 4790k, so I downloaded this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=80807

My computer literally crashed and took longer to boot up in the middle of installation...
Now I get drivers failed etc. Like fast boot and stuff, but at least windows sees the computer now!

BUT. The screen still looks like this. Why?
>>
>>60439574
Oh and in the future, none of the online currencies are any good. Their value doesn't generally lie in the fiscal value.
>>
File: 1487195393200.png (97KB, 349x301px) Image search: [Google]
1487195393200.png
97KB, 349x301px
>>60439638
Nvm, it fixed by unplugging the power and plugging it back into a different socket. (???)
Thanks for the help!

Now I just need to figure out how to properly use dual monitors...
>>
>>60437858
And just had another BSOD. Roughly the same time. Can't find a single thing in the event log, the closest thing I'm finding is an informational log saying that the Multimedia Class Scheduler started.

>>60437974
Also noticed things slowing down to a halt, so I grabbed my camera, focused it on the screen, and the BSOD appeared and vanished within a second, so I don't know what good that does me.
>>
So I built a computer from scratch with some old parts but a new cpu, videocard, SSD, and motherboard . However, I made the mistake of using a failing power supply which caused various parts to lose power during the installation of the bios/operating system a few times. This caused me to do several hard resets during the process of getting everything up and running. I have since replaced the power supply.

Just how much can this harm stuff on the hardware side of things? The components are not top of the line by any means but are an acceptable lower-mid tier (m5a99fx motherboard, GTX 760, FX-8350 cpu) and yet the computer seems to be running very slowly at times with the disk/cpu usage occasionally maxing out and the computer hanging from anywhere between 5-30 seconds. Its also very sluggish in opening new programs and has blue screened a handful of times in the past couple of months. I dont think its a memory issue and have very high doubts that its a motherboard or SSD issue as I dont see how I could have damaged them but I fear that I may have harmed the CPU in the process of doing cold resets during the installation of startup files.

Am I right to be worried? If so do you think a system recovery would help much? I dont really care about any of the files on the computer and just want to get the damn thing working right.
>>
>>60439749
I'm just looking to make some extra money on the side. Stock trading requires quite abit of money to get into (which I have none) and trading cryptocurrencies seems relatively cheap to get into and looking around on /biz/ people seem to be making some money. Wasn't looking to make longterm investments in cryptocurrencies
>>
File: speed.png (11KB, 503x245px) Image search: [Google]
speed.png
11KB, 503x245px
>>60424116
Only plebs get errors.
>>
>>60439849
Stop going to /biz/ and believing 4chan. Every board can lie to you.
>>
>>60439905
Are you seriously saying there is no money to be made with cryptocurrencies? Regardless of looking on 4chan, Bitcoins are worth almost 2k now and tens of thousands of dollars get traded everyday in other currencies.
>>
Whats the best adblocker for chrome?
>>
File: m2.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
m2.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Can someone give me a quick rundown on NVMe, M.2, and SSDs? I wanna buy pic related because my old SanDisk SSD is out of space, but I have no idea if it really is a good purchase with so many options. My current HDD says 6 GB/s, but maybe that's not referring to read/write speed? At one point I remember some anon here saying that SSDs were a scam and that HDDs could be just as fast, but a. that was a few years ago and b. people like to talk out of their ass and be contrarian.
Can anyone give advice? Will post my current drives in a sec.
Also link to the M.2:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1285931&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-aLn2-WI8d2qTpMNXx-v4nMJwklh3v1xIipmT1NImjAaAi738P8HAQ&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&is=REG&A=details
>>
>>60439975
ublock origin

also dont use chrome
>>
>>60439990
why not? It just werks.

T-Thanks btw.
>>
>>60440003
non-tinfoil hat answer: crashes often, resource hog
tinfoil hat answer: google, too integrated with services, botnet
>>
>>60439976
6Gb/s, not GB/s. Also that's theoretical max including line code. Realistically SATA drives are more like 550MB/s max.

Instead of SATA M.2 drives can also use the much faster PCIe interface with the NVMe protocol. 32Gb/s theoretical max, the fast ones can easily do 2GB/s actual transfers. In real world performance though generally not worth it, it's a pretty small difference for around double the price per GB.
>>
>>60440057
So.. should I firefox then?
>>
>>60424073
What is the best way to watch webms, specifically for porn? Because I usually have like 20 of them pulled up on firefox.
>>
File: Drives.png (24KB, 531x227px) Image search: [Google]
Drives.png
24KB, 531x227px
>>60440070
>it's a pretty small difference for around double the price per GB
Compared to HDDs or SSDs, because I see SSDs selling for around the same price per GB as that M.2, some for more. Would you recommend I buy an SSD or HDD now?
Also pic related is my drives, C is SSD, and D is my backup of my other two drives (I liked the idea better of an internal backup drive though now having it sit there and take up space and SATA connectors is annoying).
>>
>>60440077
firefox seems to crash more often but it uses less resources. Opera seems to be better on both fronts but has less support when it comes to addons and plugins. Honestly you can just use whatever you are cofortable with. I just dont like how chrome tries to force auto updates on you (you have to edit registry files just to stop them) and asks for WAY too many permissions than a web browser should.

In the end its just personal preference. Alot of /g/ as well as I dislike chrome because we are paranoid but in the end any modern brower will fill the average persons needs. If you are used to chrome and dont mind a bit of potential data mining by all means continue to use it.
>>
>>60435889
>ssh -p (ssh port #, default is 22) user@ip
>>
>>60440057
Not the anon you were talking to: I want to switch to Firefox but last time I did it was laggy, like unusably laggy, to the point where it would literally crash every time I opened a page. It wasn't like this at first but slowly degraded to that point. Should I try it again? Maybe I had an old version that for some reason didn't update?
>>
This has taken me a lot of time and I still don'w know what to do.

I have a Sony TV (W65D) and I just bought a used Samsung Soundbar HW-J250. My TV doesn't have an Optical Audio entrance, but the Soundbar does. I plugged the TV and the soundbar via AUX.

Thing is, when I'm watching TV only TWO of the speakers work, the left and right extremes. If I use Spotify on my TV, some of the instruments won't sound. No matter what, I only ever get sounds from TWO of all the speakers the bar has. This also happens if I play on my PS4.

What can I do to solve this? Do I have to buy a specific converter/cable? Does AUX only give me 2.0, always? The Bar doesn't have more connections; just AUX and Optical.
>>
>>60440169
That M.2 is SATA, just in the smaller form factor. The faster M.2 are the PCIe ones.

Anything that needs to be fast should go on SSDs, anything that needs to be cheap bulk storage should go on HDDs.
>>
>>60440204
>default is 22
Exactly, so just
ssh user@ip
is enough. I'm not going to go through all the damned flags, he has the man page for that.
>>
>>60440205
I dont think ive ever had firefox crash on me although I havnt used in a few months
>>
>>60439753
The socket is probably shorted for use has lead to a break-down of the metal. Should replace it.
>>
>>60440224
So I should just buy another SATA SSD?
>>
Just got a video TDR failure in Win10, running nothing but Netflix on an RX480 with I5 6600.
Someone please explain what the fuck just happened and how I had a driver issue running goddamn Netflix
>>
>>60438918
Bump
>>
what is /g/'s preferred torrent client of choice
>>
>>60440003
I swear that shit tracked me more than any other web browser ive ever used.

>laptop and desktop both used chrome and both are logged into google account
>watch porn on desktop
>ads tailored to whatever I was watching a day ago on my laptop despite not even connecting from the same network

I changed both to firefox, both are still logged into the same google account. now whenever I see ads (normally whenever im in incognito and my plugins are disabled) they dont seem to be targeted in any particular way.

I even supposedly disabled that function from my google account ages ago and it still happened. I cant prove anything but ever since ive noticed the trends ive made it a goal to keep googles presence on my non work computer to an absolute minimum.
>>
how do I get archives to work in 4chan x? linking and redirecting.

I ask because I'm fairly new to 4chan x and I keep seeing a connection error. sorry, I'm sure this is asked a lot.
>>
>>60440426
Transmission
>>
>>60440288
If you need something fast ish, yes.

>>60438918
What do you mean by disable HTML5?
>>
>>60440426
/a/ converted me to qbit
>>
File: 50Miq.jpg (421KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
50Miq.jpg
421KB, 1920x1200px
My desktop looks like this picture and it's mostly from programs/game shortcuts. My question is can I put them in a separate folder (labled games) mostly Steam/GOG games and have the shortcuts still open the program from that folder and if not is there a way to put steam/GOG application shortcuts in a folder and make them work?
>>
>>60440426
BitTorrent, but I've over ever tried that and uTorrent. It works fine, has everything I need, I like the layout.
>>
>>60440620
Yes, you can move shortcuts anywhere.
>>
File: 20170516_222736.jpg (478KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_222736.jpg
478KB, 2048x1152px
Is the left one too bright or is the right one too dark? Also how should I adjust gamma/color? Will post wallpaper for reference.
>>
File: Pixel Gun Small.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pixel Gun Small.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>60440696
>>
>>60438435
what are you looking to do on it?
>>
>>60440696
One on the right has saturation way too high.

Brightness should be set appropriately for the room. For lights out, they're both too bright.
>>
Just downloaded WSUS Offline for this old laptop I bought. It's on Windows 8 vanilla, but there's only an option to get updates for 8.1.
Am I really supposed to update the OS? Is there no way to update Windows 8 with WSUS? The native Windows Update took me a while for only 15 updates, and there was at least a hundred more to go.
>>
>>60441104
8.0 hasn't been getting any significant updates since 8.1 came out. Even updates for 8.1 are slowing down.
>>
>>60441149
Should I update? I remember the updates for my old computer taking a longass time, is it worth it to go to 8.1 if I never tried it?
>>
>>60424107
>>60426021

That's a good site.

I've grown fond of NordVPN. Bought a subscription on a whim, ended up being a good fit for how I Internet. There are plenty of good services though. Check the services offered and what supports your hardware/software.
>>
>>60440426
Deluge is what I use due, but it really boils down to what features you want and what interface you like.
>>
Should I reformat to Windows XP, 7, or 10?
>>
>>60441281
>>
What programmer do you recommend me to program a 16 pin SOIC?
I want to flash the Winbond W25Q128BVFG that has the BIOS in my HP z420, to bypass the boot block lock and enable to put it Ivy Bridge processors.
Do you think that a Bus Pirate will do the job fine?
>>
>>60441281
7. With XP you will lose a lot in performance and Windows 10 is still garbage.
>>
>>60441187
Yes. 8.0 is dead, either go 8.1 or 10.
>>
Got a new tv in the mail today and has a cracked screen =(
Am I totally fucked?
>>
>>60441631
Well the TV is fucked, yeah. Did it have shipping insurance? Who was the carrier? Call the store you bought it from and see what they say.
>>
File: 1484054771798.gif (77KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484054771798.gif
77KB, 245x225px
>>60441471
It's been an hour and it told me to install all those updates first.
Windows Update is still at 0kb 0%.
Windows your costumer support is ass but the games and ease of use is too stronk.
>>
>>60441675
FedEx. They said it only had the standard 100 dollar insurance. Waiting to hear back from the seller, never had something like this happen before
>>
>>60441757
If the seller failed to insure it sufficiently then they, technically, should bear that cost. I'll hope the seller is decent, for your sake.
>>
I accessed a mega link a little while ago and was greeted by this message.
Content-Security-Policy: default-src 'self' data: blob: *.mega.co.nz *.mega.nz http://*.mega.co.nz http://*.mega.nz wss://ws.chain.com wss://*.karere.mega.nz localhost.megasyncloopback.mega.nz:(4 digit number string, don't know what it could be); script-src 'self' *.mega.co.nz *.mega.nz data: blob:; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' *.mega.co.nz *.mega.nz data: blob:; frame-src 'self' mega: *.megaad.nz; img-src 'self' *.mega.co.nz *.mega.nz data: blob: Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * Access-Control-Allow-Headers: MEGA-Chrome-Antileak Access-Control-Max-Age: 86400 Content-Encoding: gzip ‹ò€Yindex.html (note: beyond this was garbage text)

It went away after I refreshed. After googling, I found this page.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CSP
Is there something I should be worried about?
>>
>>60441769
It's massdrop. I know they have a decent reputation so hopefully they're helpful
>>
>>60441814
Ah, yeah I like Massdrop. You shouldn't have an issue, but they may have to just refund you if they can't source another TV for you.

They probably left the insurance off to save money and were gambling on all the TVs being delivered without incident
>>
I get these weird ads in the top-left corner of youtube videos. I have uBlock Origin enabled, but these ads keep showing up (they're only in fullscreen mode, so I can't disable them)

Any idea what causes them?
>>
>>60441829
I'm guessing the same thing. Honestly if the third party seller (beach camera, from Edison, NJ) hadn't put the tv box inside of a nondescript box, which gave the tv an opportunity to jumble around, I think it would've been fine
>>
What is the difference between 24bit 48kHz and 192kHz sound in my audio drivers?
>>60441837
Adware, run Adwcleaner.
>>
>>60440972
mostly just for vidya gaymen, with one monitor usually something to watch/listen to while the other i use for the actual game
>>
I don't know if this fits here but I'm giving it a try.

What non-normie pages do you use to be informed? About anything, I'm just searching news with low chance of being manipulated/biased and/or faster than usual.
>>
>>60442219
There is no such thing.

Read multiple site and learn to detect fake news or clickbait news.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.