[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pcbg/ - PC Building General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: 1369873400602.jpg (103KB, 1270x863px) Image search: [Google]
1369873400602.jpg
103KB, 1270x863px
Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to improve specs or build quality or to lower price, etc

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
https://pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based on monitor resolution
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

>Useful as a tier/increment-based resource only; see the pcbg pcpartpicker for more reasonable builds.

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here to the containment thread with >>>/g/pcbg

Old Thread >>60396154
>>
Please do not stay in this thread.
This thread was made by an anon that disagrees with most of us on what hardware is good and what isn't, and decided on his own that he himself should have the power on what informations is right and what isn't.
The links he posted (logical increments, pcbg list) were not made by us, they aren't providing informations we agree with, and most importantly both of those can be only modified by one person: him.
/pcbg/ is a general that got created and still exists to this day thanks to collaborative effort. One person being in charge of it is not something we can accept.
The other thread with the normal OP that contains a lot of basic informations is the normal thread, which anyone (you included) can modify if he wants.
You can post here but you will receive minimal advice. I suggest you move to the other thread.
>>60403546
>>60403546
>>60403546
Thanks.
>>
>>60403548
>god tier: literature

Obnoxious and arrogant shites like these pseudointellectuals need to fuck off.
>>
>>60403565
Whoa, whoa, whoa there, buddy! You seem to be misrepresenting the issues.
>>
>>
File: perfdollar_1920_1080.png (27KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
perfdollar_1920_1080.png
27KB, 500x690px
>>
File: perfrel_1920_1080.png (29KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
perfrel_1920_1080.png
29KB, 500x690px
>>
>>60403565
>most of us
Who is this "us" of whom you speak, anon?
Why isn't his differing opinion legitimate?
Do you think that everybody should like what you like?
Is it time for your tablets yet?
>>
>>60403565
>You can post here but you will receive minimal advice.
Why try to scare people, anon? You're just making yourself look desperate.

>This thread was made by an anon that disagrees with most of us on what hardware is good and what isn't
Absolutely false. In fact, no one can find any complaints about the current OP (unless you'd count screaming shill repeatedly). Anyone can see some of my complaints about the old OP here >>60396577.
>>
>>60403632
There's a good deal of us.
He's some shill that's more concerned with promoting his site, logicalexcrement, than anything else.
There was a good deal of people making OPs and editing the OP without any issues. When some makes it to promote a site that's a paid advertisement which recommends poor hardware choices, it becomes a problem for many of us.

Anyway, duplicate threads are against the rules.

>>60403683
>IPs did not go up
It's a fact since there a number of helpful people that only care to help in a thread doesn't doesn't help a paid shill's well being.
>>
File: 101411.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
101411.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
I'm making a Graduation gift for my Sister, do you have any builds I can buy for her? She's a Music Major btw.
>>
>>60403700
>He's some shill that's more concerned with promoting his site,
Again, as I posted here >>60399536, I'm happy to take suggestions on another site besides Logical Increments, but no one has posted anything. I, unlike you, would like to have multiple resources instead some ass backwards, cobbled together OP.
>>
>>60403725
Does she do any recording or editing work herself?
>>
>>60403548
I'm no expert on any parts but here is my gamer gpu tier list

poorfag tier:1050ti if you can only use pci power, 470/570 if you have a sufficient psu
1080p <120hz tier
1060/6 or 580/8 depends on the games you play
1080p 120hz<, 1440p 60hz
1440p 120hz< 4k 60hz
1080ti

I imagine a 580/8 will do okay in 1440p but not great I have a used 390x and it can do a high/medium mix with ultra textures. Wouldn't trust it to have any legs at this res though.
>>
>>60403735
As it's been said REPEATEDLY to you in past threads when you brought this up:
pcpartspicker is all that's needed for that role.
Someone can browse parts to fit their budget there and finds ones compatible FAR better than logicalincrements.

Logicalincrements flat out recommends combinations that are neigh-incompatible ie:
i3-7100, 1050ti, 2400 RAM, z270 board, 550w psu
yes they'll WORK together, but it's a very poor choice. The PSU is way bigger than needed (Even 400w is more than needed), the board is unlocked when the CPU is locked and the RAM speed will run on a B250. And on top of that, the i3-7100 is poor value. Someone could get a PC that's 50% faster on average for the same price getting the g4560 and RX570 instead.
It recommends shit parts because the owner of it is paid to recommend shit parts.
And not just the parts themselves, but also various bad brands that shouldn't be recommended. It's not simply "B250 motherboard" or "400w PSU" it's some specific shitty one.
>>
why do we have two autism threads. Look at the guts thread, only 2 out of every 20000 wishlists actually gets purchased. who gives a fuck about op/fgt?
>>
>>60403830
Sorry, but what you wrote is almost incomprehensible.

>>60403840
I agree that Logical Increments shouldn't be taken as gospel. Note that the OP says as much.

The main problem with your OP is that there are no example builds. For instance, there's no mention of what RAM works with Ryzen. My PCBG pcpartpicker link has RAM that is known to not only work with Ryzen, but work at the OC speed.

>flat out recommends combinations that are neigh-incompatible
>yes they'll WORK together,
Would you please decide what the fuck you want to write before you let that vomit out of your mouth?
>>
>>60403893
Mostly because I'm tired of the shear stupidity / fanboi fantasies in the other OP. I've listed quite a number of problems with the old OP (>>60396577) but no one can find any problems with this one except SHILL!!1!
>>
>>60403840
Eh, I don't know. Maybe I'll remove Logical Increments again. (There are some really dumb combos in there.) But I need a second, tiered build resource to replace it.
>>
File: nvidia milk.png (226KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia milk.png
226KB, 600x905px
>>60403917
Logicalexcrements was removed from the OP because almost every thread someone would ask
>should I just pick one part each from the ____ tier off that site?
and it was becoming quickly apparent that it was a major source of AWFUL builds.
And even if you go and read their guides, they are REALLY bad. They are worse than reddit-tier. It's clear that they are purposefully bad in order to shill hardware because they're paid to, and are NOT made to be helpful.
Even though it was removed MONTHS ago, we still get people posting speccys with like
>I made this off logicalincrements a year ago and it's feeling slow. what can I improve?
and it's like a fucking i3-6100, gtx 960, and DDR 2133 on a z170 board. People spending like $700 and getting garbage ass computers. And a year later it's already at the point where they really need to replace both the CPU and GPU for a decent computer.
It's infuriating that that misleading, disingenuous shill site was ever in the OP to begin with, and fuck you for trying to bring it back.

Also the whole IDEA of that site is bad, even if it wasn't a disingenuous shill site. That there are logical increments to pair together. Even if you discount PSU wattage.
Really, for something above the lowest budget ($500+), you should build something that's either GPU or CPU heavy. This way, you can upgrade either the CPU or GPU in a year or two instead of both, while the other will still be fine for 4+ years.

>>60403951
Stop (Samefagging) and pretending to be someone else. Everyone sees right through ti and it just makes you look even more obnoxious than you already do.
>IPs did not increase again.
>>
File: file.png (181KB, 457x303px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
181KB, 457x303px
>>60403617
>RX470
>>
>>60403617
Why post this when it doesn't show the actual cost?
This shit changes by the day.
It makes you look dumb. (you are dumb)

The 1080 is actually pretty good performance/$ now when you get one for the cost of 2 RX580s. It just wasn't when it was the cost of 3 RX480s.
It only becomes bad performance/$ when you factor in the fucking Gsync cost and being stuck with generally overpriced Nvidia GPUs once you have Gsync.
>>
>>60403994
How the hell am I pretending to be someone else, retard? I'm very clear that I'm the OP and I'm cleaning up this town.

>shill
>reddit-tier
>shill
>reddit
Wake up, retard. Time to head to /b/ or /pol/ or /v/ or whatever shithole you crawled out from.

Let me break down your post for you.

You're claiming that an i3 6100 is a slow CPU. One of the CPUs that you love to suggest, the G4560, is almost identical to the i3 6100, except slower. And yet you're claiming that those i3 user need to replace their CPUs. Hmm, brilliant!

What you need to realize is that a year or a so ago an i3 6100 + GTX 960 was a decent build. And guess what? Because that person build a PC with a Z170 board he can upgrade to an unlocked CPU later. So if he wants more power, his platform is ready for an upgrade.

My only complaint would be the slower RAM, but you have to realize that it's an extremely minor complaint, an you wouldn't even know about the benefits of 3000MHz RAM if I hadn't beat the general over the head with benchmarks to disprove retards like you who defended the status quo of "RAM speed doesn't matter."
>>
>>60404053
>This shit changes by the day.
No, it doesn't.

>>60403994
>Really, for something above the lowest budget ($500+), you should build something that's either GPU or CPU heavy. This way, you can upgrade either the CPU or GPU in a year or two instead of both, while the other will still be fine for 4+ years.
I cannot begin to explain how stupid you are. First, for $500 you're not building anything "heavy" in either graphics or CPU. Secondly, a graphics card isn't going to last four years.

>Also the whole IDEA of that site is bad, That there are logical increments to pair together.
Wow, are you really posting that there AREN'T balanced builds? OF FUCKING COURSE THERE ARE CORRECTLY PAIRED COMPONENTS. It would be stupid to pair an i7 7700K with a GTX1050.
>>
>>60404098
>I'm the OP and I'm cleaning up this town.
you are the hero we don't deserve.
>>
Is this thread real thread?
>>
>>60404270
If you want to get legit advice, from non shills, then yes.
>>
>>60404270
No, as you can judge by the fact that every single post is people throwing shit against each other instead of the regular people asking for advices.
>>60403546
>>60403546
>>60403546

Is real thread.
>>
>>60404270
Eh, you be the judge. Seems like the other one is winning in terms of replies, but the downside is that this anon is >>60403994 >>60403840 the main poster over there
>>
>>60404299
>every single post is people throwing shit against each other
Yeah, surprising it turned out like that, considering the first post >>60403565 in this thread was you flinging shit.
>>
>>60403581
But it's true. It has the lowest barrier to entry in that anyone can write without the need for expensive equipment or taking the time to learn the tools.

Compare that to video games which, granted is an immature medium in the grand scheme, has a huge barrier to entry, both time and cost-wise.
>>
I'm going to delete this thread. Don't worry friends, I'll be back after I get a little sleep.
>>
>>60404504
thank god our sleep schedule is synced so that i can keep making sure your threads don't stick around
>>
Welp, can't delete.
>>
File: 1469586688038.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469586688038.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>60404504
>deleting the informative thread
>>
>>60404533
So much fear. It must kill you to get verbally destroyed in the one area you think you have some knowledge
>>
>>60404555
If you wanna discuss, it's over there
>>60403546
>>60403546
>>60403546
>>
>>60404571
>>60404533
>>60404299
>being this butthurt that someone else made a thread
>>
Is getting the 1600X over the 1600 worth it if you just want something that just werks out of the box and not dick around with overclocking? And which 580 is the best to get?
>>
>>60404592
The other one was made first, you retard.
>>
>>60404610
>4 seconds earlier
oh wow massive difference. I better go to the thread will with AMD shills and terrible advice because some kiddo wants to play OP.

>>60404609
Yes, but you don't get a cooler with the 1600x, so it is perceived as being of lesser value.
ASUS Strix
>>
>>60403735
>Again, as I posted here >>60399536(Cross-thread), I'm happy to take suggestions on another site besides Logical Increments, but no one has posted anything. I, unlike you, would like to have multiple resources instead some ass backwards, cobbled together OP.
What the fuck gives you ownership over this general?
>There was a good deal of people making OPs and editing the OP without any issues.
Based on updated information that was discussed in threads prior. But there have been disagreed changes. Where in the poster id told to fuck off forever. As should you.
>>
This might sound pretty retarded, but what's the most portable/smallest and efficient build I can make?

I need a PC I can move back and forth between Europe and America only between 2-3 times a year, but I need it to fit in a hand baggage.

Once it has been moved, it would remain put for at least 3 months then move again.
>>
>>60403683
>Absolutely false. In fact, no one can find any complaints about the current OP (unless you'd count screaming shill repeatedly)
We've told you of the problems many times. But all you can spit out is muh spreadsheet recommends 1050's and i3's for VR.
You're told that you're wrong many times, and never change a thing. You are indeed a shill.
>>
>>60406563
Wrong thread. Go here >>60403546
Report the OP here due to duplicate threads. Was almost 404 before you bumped.
>>
>>60403548
Where the fuck are you meant to get a legit key to windows 8.1? Every seller is either sketchy as fuck or overpriced as hell.
>>
>>60403725
>music major
Buy her 500$ in canned food for when she goes homeless from the debt/lack of work beyond starbucks.
>>
>>60407372
>>
>>60407372
>>60407447

You don't need to spend that much for those kind of games retard.
>>
>>60407487
i mean I play other things but those are the main games I play.
>>
>>60407377
bump
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.