[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chairs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

Let's talk chairs.

What are you using?

What is the best chair for the money in your opinion?

>pic related is the IKEA Markus I've heard good things about.
>>
>>60268823
Why does that chair have a dick?
>>
>>60268833
It's for the pleasure time
>>
>>60268823
I have the same chair. Its a really good chair, the only regret I have is not getting it in leather because I now have a small hole burned into it and a small stain. If you shell out a bit more for the leather, you wont regret buying it. Ive had it for a year now.
>>
>>60268833
just a guess, but male maybe?
>>
I have a shitty old chair I bought at IKEA like five years ago. It's still in good condition and is comfy but it squeaks a ton. I need to fix that but I keep putting it off.
>>
>>60269239

I also have the chair in the OP's pic. Mine is leather.

I purchased it at goodwill and removed the armrests so I can sit with crossed legs while I play morrowind on archlinux.
>>
>>60268823
I am using the Markus as well in leather
best chair for the money

>when you answer your own question in the post
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>60269271
Did you just assume Xirs gender?
>>
hon nucleus

ass feels guud
>>
>>60269414
Is it "leather" or real leather though is my question. I heard fake leather wears out faster
>>
>>60268823

I have this chair and the only downside is it doesn't lean back

feels bad man
>>
>Metrex-II-Black-Mesh-Task-Chair
getting this one from costco. fuck ass sweat
>>
File: 16588206-420[1].jpg (15KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
16588206-420[1].jpg
15KB, 420x420px
Currently using this, bought it earlier this year and I've never had a more comfortable chair. Adjusts in every direction, only "downside" is no headrest but it adjusts to be tall enough I don't feel the need for one.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Professional-Series-1500TM-Mesh-Chair/product_1678457
>>
>>60269239
For its price if it happens to match your body it is nice.
I have the exact model in the OP, main issue I have is the pressure on my thighs gets uncomfortable after a while so I have to use a footstep.
>>
>>60269686

mine does.

do you even the levers underneath?
>>
>>60269754

I have just the lever on the right side that adjusts height

feels terrible man
>>
>>60269759
Most chairs lean back if you pull the lever out
>>
>>60269508
yes.
because phallus is the sure sign of the male.
>>
>>60269677
Its from IKEA so it is "leather"
>>
>>60269362
why so specific?
>>
>>60270198
He's just sharing his personal use of the product
>>
This is literally the most based chair in existence.

It's a Herman Memer but it's pretty fucking incredible for how cheap it is.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119
>>
Buisnesses close every day. I got a $900 steelcase chair (barely used) for free because they didn't have room and were gonna throw it out. Shop around goodwills and thrifts. There are also warehouses which deal in discount office furniture. Why you'd ever buy an office chair from ikea or amazon is beyond me.
>>
Anyone got tape on the on you ass pad of the chair?
>>
>>60269559

2nding hon nucleus

have sat in aeron meme and leap and this one blows them out of the water for fraction of price
>>
stability ball
>>
>>60268823
its shit and wore out superfast

>>60269362
how can you even use chairs w/o an armrest?
>>
>>60272417
are you dumb
>>
>>60268823
im too fat for this chair. Like my fatass isnt held properly
>>
File: DSC_5136.jpg (100KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5136.jpg
100KB, 1600x1071px
At first, it was hard to sit on this for longer than an hour, but after few days it gets really comfortable.
>>
>>60272417

>how can you even use chairs w/o an armrest?

holding your arm up with the muscles inside of it.
>>
File: american chair.jpg (111KB, 1039x1191px) Image search: [Google]
american chair.jpg
111KB, 1039x1191px
>>
>>60268823
The armrests on Markus are awful and after a few years the seat feels awful too.
>>
>>60268823

Markus here, breddy gud. I'm fairly average (1m74/70kg) and it does fit me nicely.
Also as someone already said, get the leather one, but for more reasons than that. I had it on cloth at first, but returned it to grab the leather instead. The seat and armrest padding on the cloth ones is significantly stiffer.
>>
>>60269677

Faux leather. Don't know if it was done purposely or not, but mine had some slack on the leather, so it doesn't stretch when I sit on it. Had mine for almost 3 years and the leather os still pretty much new.
>>
>>60268833
>Swedish company
What did you expect?
>>
File: Custom.jpg (772KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Custom.jpg
772KB, 2560x1440px
Make ya own damn chair. Secondhand car seats are cheep. Got two Nissan R33's for $100AUD.
Cost ya around $50 to get some drongo in a shed to mount it to a base for ya.
>>
>>60268823
I have an old barber chair similar to pic related but a bit more beat up

it's sturdy and comfortable for long term sitting
>>
File: Steelcase Gesture front angle.jpg (123KB, 1500x1393px) Image search: [Google]
Steelcase Gesture front angle.jpg
123KB, 1500x1393px
Anybody used a Steelcase Gesture? Thinking about getting either this or the Leap.
>>
>>60273659
I like that I can get either with a headrest, an option Herman Miller doesn't provide for either the Aeron or Embody. Also I sit in a lot of different, weird positions (cross-legged, one foot under me, etc.) and the Aeron seems to punish you if you do that.
>>
File: Capture.png (454KB, 863x489px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
454KB, 863x489px
>>60268823
This might be a long shot, but does anyone know what the chair McConaughey uses during the messages scene is? pic related
>>
>>60273684
Also found some other chairs I like the look of, but I can't find any reviews on them. For example, pic related is the Haworth X99.
>>
>>60268823
need something that will mainly support my bony ass more than anything, under 150 USD
don't care much about back support as i was raised right and don't need a chair to correct my back issues like some of you NEETs
>>
>>60273702
judging by the look on his face that's one of those dildo chairs that fucks your ass

try castles
>>
File: Vitra ID Trim L front angle.jpg (41KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Vitra ID Trim L front angle.jpg
41KB, 1200x1200px
>>60273724
And the Vitra ID Trim L.
>>
>tfw the cushions on my chairs all go flat in a year
>I'm not even fat, 150lbs

It's like they're intentionally designed this way.

Are there any realistically priced chairs with memory foam cushions?
>>
Sitting on a Steelcase Gesture. I honestly think I should've gotten the Leap, as the adjustable armrests are more annoying than helpful.

The seat cushion's still good though. If it were an office supply chair it would've been flat by now.
>>
>>60273802
Get a mesh chair, fatty.
>>
my ikea markus keeps fucking going down. i need to fined the warranty even though ive had it for some years now

and no im not fat
>>
>>60273867
Is the lack of seat tilt adjustment a problem for you?

The Gesture's arm rests are hard plastic from what I've read, which is less than ideal, but on the other hand the Leap's don't lock into place and supposedly slide around a bit too easily.
>>
>>60268823
Got the remastered aeron chair coming tomorrow, can't wait.
>>
>>60268823
Had this chair for about 6 years. Amazing stuff, though the armrests are a little high, fucks up my shoulders.
>>
I have a chair that's like that. I don't know where to place that fucking lumbar support in the middle so I removed it.
>>
i just got a serta office chair

still really comfy, downside is basically just that the arm rests are bad when it comes to longevity, my elbows are basically touching the hard plastic underneath the armrest itself which nullifies its usefulness aside from stability
>>
>>60273603
I've got an AE86 seat that isn't being used. Never matched the car's color when I had it. Where do you get separate bases?

Granted, I could probably sell the fucking thing for $250 if I keep it intact.
>>
>>60274224
Same but I have just removed them
>>
>>60268823

If you're sitting on your ass all day, you should be comfortable and as healthful as possible while doing so. Thus much like a bed, investing in a good chair is worth it. Make it ergonomic and also look up healthful sitting habits.

Generally, the decent chairs cost over $1000 and usually have options to max them out. Don't spend a fortune on leather and shit, but buy "functional" upgrades like advanced arms, headrests and shit. The $300-500 range has some winners, but a whole lot of overpriced losers that are basically $100 chairs - lots of the DXRacer gaming knockoffs and whatnot fall here. Oh and anything over $3000 that is just a chair is often overpriced garbage where you're not paying for ergonomics or comfort, you're paying for a name. Lots of italian chairs fall into this category and are priced/advertised like Italian race cars et. So yeah, worthwhile brands...

Hermann Miller (Aeron, Embody)
Steelcase (Leap, others)
Humanscale (Freedom - former chair of mine. Often seen in a lot of TV shows because of their sleek look)
and the very best chair of all..

Lifeform Chairs (Any of their models are great, but the Ultimate Executive is probably the best computer task chair around.) It is made by a boutique company out of Canada, using healthful heat-sensitive (ie cooling type) memory foam. Hugely adjustable. Not easy to find. In the USA their exclusive online dealer is RelaxTheBack, but I highly suggest you look up the BetterBackStore of Boulder, CO. Bought mine there over the phone, had it shipped to me and the boss of that store really knows her shit.

Good luck!
>>
>>60277064
>Generally, the decent chairs cost over $1000
You can more than cut that in three if you buy used.
>>
>>60277078

This is true. Look for used office furniture warehouses, especially those in anywhere with a tech sector. I've actually bought a Steelcase Leap that is over $1200 for about $200 used, because of it being a conference room chair at a startup.
>>
>>60273702
i met him yesterday.
>>
Best chairs for around ~$70-80 american freedom units?
>>
>>60276817
I used an old computer chair base. You don't need to do anything to the chair as they have mounts for seat rails. Make a frame that connects chair to base.
>>
>>60277064
>and the very best chair of all..
>Lifeform Chairs
Too bad they look stupid.
>>
>>60268823
The Ikea Markus is a meme chair
You spend $200 for a chair that has no more adjustability than a $90 you buy at an office supply store
If you wanna buy a decent chair. Buy a used Eurotech ioo for $200-$250
>>
Anyone tried the Haworth Zody?
>>
>>60273802
>memory foam cushion
If you sit in your char for over an hour at a time, your ass will end up soaked in ass juice.
>>
>>60277064
can you recommend me any specific chairs? i have trouble finding something good.

i'm 160kg (don't bully) and i sit on my ass 10+ hours a day. my budget is 500euro max, chair has to be available in europe/germany. i wish i could spend more.

right not i'm using a cheap, probably chinese, 150euro chair. it already broke after 4 months and it's killing my lower back.
>>
>>60277765
Memory foam bed here. Never had that problem.
>>
File: treadmill.jpg (123KB, 1376x1500px) Image search: [Google]
treadmill.jpg
123KB, 1376x1500px
>>60277812
Here you go m8, buy this
>>
>>60277881
don't bully .~.
>>
>>60277886
Who's bullying? I just want my fellow anon to live a happy and healthy life.
>>
>>60277812
save up for bariatric surgery
>>
>>60277886
you're too fat to be bullied
Read
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
Count calories
Put the money you saved from buying less food because you followed the above, then use that to buy a better chair.
You'd be surprised at how much you spend on food you don't need.
>>
>>60277886
Actually >>60277881 isn't a bad option. If you have the space, set it up at the computer. Use each video you need to watch an an excuse to get up and walk on it. Even for twenty seconds.
I'm 110kg strong fat that was bed ridden for a few years. My circulation to my legs is fucked. I need to do something like this soon before I get a clot.
>>
A recliner. There are plenty of solutions for desks which work with one: overbed tables, adjustable height mechanisms, \chopping short the legs on a basic desk and mounting casters, etc.
>>
File: 1484692857761.jpg (37KB, 277x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484692857761.jpg
37KB, 277x349px
>>60278347
>I'm 110kg strong fat
>mfw every time someone claims they are strong fat, they are just half the descriptor
>>
>>60278426
My gut is inline with my chest, I have broad shoulders, am 6'2". And tree trunks for legs.
Welder from the time I was 16.
Yes there's a considerable amount of fat coating my body. But I'm far from a slob.
Pudgy would be the term if I couldn't lift. I used to be 80kgs. But I was hallucinating and almost had a dehydration stroke.
>>
>>60268823
I dunno I found it outside a dumpster.
>>
Ordered this one last week. Vendor is made of slow fucks though, so it took them days to even register the payment and now they will also send it to the wrong adress (typo made a 5 out of a 4). I wrote them but they said "we can't do anything, we are truly sorry".
Maybe the delivery guys will notice that a house number that high doesn't exist in that street and draw the conclusions.
>>
File: 23917_rwd_large[1].jpg (33KB, 1494x913px) Image search: [Google]
23917_rwd_large[1].jpg
33KB, 1494x913px
>>60279091
shit forgot picture
>>
>>60279113
That's going to be sweaty as fuck in the summer.
>>
>>60278496
>strongfat
>circulation to my legs is fucked
Nah, you don't get to be "strongfat" without ridiculously strong legs. You don't get "tree trunks" for legs if you have shitty circulation.
Post pics.
>>
I'm the OP of the last chair thread. I ended up buying that aeron remastered chair for 623 after tax. it's not so much that the chair is amazing it's just that it lacks the flaws of all the cheaper alternatives
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.