[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 49

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:
>>60235108
>>
anime girl
>>
Anime a shit
>>
>inb4 back to /v/

>Budget: Up to £100
>Location: UK
>Source: USB
>Type of headphone: Full-sized
>Open or closed: closed
>Comfort level: don't care
>Past headphones: Lifechat, corsair raptor hs40, hyperx cloud II

need a good 7.1 surround headset as my cloud II died after 3 years of service, they were amazing headphones but it feels like a waste buying the same model again.
>>
>>60262723
What headphones are those?
>>
>>60263024
AKG K240 Studio
>>
>>60263058
>anime girl
>akg
Should've guessed.
>>
>>60262723
On the subject of headphones:
I get some static when i plug my headphones onto my laptop, and i know it's caused by electricity (i'm guessing poor grounding?) because it only happens when the laptop is plugged in.

The laptop is metal so the annoying sound goes away when i touch, because i guess it's using me as a ground connector or whatever, but that's not always practical and i frankly don't know how safe it might be.

Any ideas on how to fix this shit properly?

>>60263024
AKG K240
>>
>Budget: €120
>Location: Belgium
>Source: pc audio jack
>Type of headphone: full-sized
>Comfort level: very important, prefer comfiness over quality
>>
>>60263065
Definitely a grounding issue and it's a pretty common problem. Getting another device to handle audio is the fix. Preferably isolated from the laptop's power supply and analog stage. Some small USB sound cards can still fix it. uDAC, DacMagic XS etc.

>>60263127
AKG K271 Mk II
>>
"redpill" me on dt-770 pro vs dt-990 edition.
>>
>>60263238
Closed back vs open back, the other one isolates and the other one doesn't. Edition comes with many customizable styles and impedance versions. Both are V-shaped with the DT990 leaning towards treble and DT770 having stronger and deeper bass.

>>60262858
>they were amazing headphones but it feels like a waste buying the same model again.
No I don't think so. Fitting for the recommendation especially if you already know you will like them.
>>
>>60263215
Yeah, i guess I'll have to go for a goddamned USB sound card because the fucking combo jack just keeps giving me problems. Can't even use an external mic with the damned thing and i can't, for the life of me, figure out why. Unless it's a headset with a single 3.5 plug.
>>
>>60262676
>No, the DSP is locked at 96KHz 24bit.
>Yes, you can bypass the DSP, using ASIO, WASAPI and such.
>No, you won't be doing that normally, at all, so your DSP will be resampling that 192KHz down to 96KHz.

I do use WASAPI

I know this soundcard still isn't ideal though, that's why I'm buying something external
>>
File: mpv-shot0123.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0123.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>60262858
>closed
Are you 100% sure? You're getting isolation in exchange for comfort and quality.

If so
>closed
Sennheiser HD380 Pro, ATH m40x

Else
>open
Sennheiser HD599, AKG k702, Sennheiser HD598se, HD558
>>
File: mpv-shot0105.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0105.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>60263671
Just get a Schiit Fulla 2, you can't go wrong with that.

I came there from a xfi titanium hd (muh audiophile, got it from ebay at 50€ or so).

The Fulla 2 sounded so much better (with HD598) that I'm not touching creative crap ever again.
>>
File: 711Q6RpcPaL._SL1500_.jpg (140KB, 934x1500px) Image search: [Google]
711Q6RpcPaL._SL1500_.jpg
140KB, 934x1500px
Are these good?
>>
>>60258518

CD900ST is pretty shit desu.
>>
>>60264268
>>
File: 7914294.jpg (3MB, 3132x2089px) Image search: [Google]
7914294.jpg
3MB, 3132x2089px
I'm going to pick up some Sennheiser HD800S headphones in about two weeks.

Planning on buying the HDVD 800 Amp for it. It's $2K, should I buy something else or will this be fine? Prefer to not fuck with tubes.
>>
>>60264299
You would get the same performance from a $100 amp but it's your money.
>>
>>60264299
Fiio E10K
>>
>>60264319
Seems kind of stupid to drive an $1800 pair of headphones with a $100 Amp, no?
>>
Couldn't find a frequency response graph for the RHA T10 that's not the one from RHAs site

Do someone has it
>>
>>60264345
Don't buy that amp for the sake of it. Try something else like the o2, schiit stack or fulla 2 first.
>>
>>60264345
Not really the bottleneck is the headphone because the $100 amp isn't limiting performance in any way.

The audiophile market makes you think you need an expensive amp but you don't. Also there are 4 factors which determine an amplifier's quality: frequency response, noise, distortion and output impedance. There are cheap amps that meet acceptable values for these factors and surpass it beyond the threshold of human hearing. Hell, even a motherboard soundcard can drive an HD800/S perfectly.
>>
How long are good headphones expected to last? I have some that were bought for £10 and they are starting to fade away. Is it normal for headphones to last only a limited amount of time before one side (or both sides) stops working?
>>
>>60264468
Decades if taken care of, things like pads may need to be replaced if worn frequently.
>>
File: mpv-shot0134.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0134.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>60264299
Just get the schiit stack. That's all you'll ever need.

The HDVD800 is, at best, insanely overpriced. Yet likely worse than most <$100 AMPs which get recommended here.
>>
>Budget: 100-230€
>Location: Lithuania
>Source: audio jack
>Type of headphone: full-sized
>Open or closed: closed would be prefered but open isn't out of the picture
>Comfort level: pretty comfy
>Sound signature: v shaped or bassy
>Past headphones: hyperx cloud 2 and sennheiser momentum in ears.
I would use them for listening to music, gaming and sometimes while traveling
>>
Dumb question: Could I use a HifiMedly USB DAC with something like a Magni2 or O2? Any help would be great, thanks.
>>
>>60264711
HM5 or DT770
>>
>>60264345
I mean sure if the price is what you have on your mind, go ahead. Or something else like looks which admittedly is appealing.
>>
File: MDR-CD900ST.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
MDR-CD900ST.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>60264268
ur shit desu
>>
>>60264400
Was originally looking at some of the Schiit stuff.

>>60264430
>>60264620
I agree that most "Audiophile" stuff is ridiculous, and understand that the HDVD800 is overpriced, but I do find it hard to believe that it won't have better performance than $100 AMP(however marginal the performance increase is).
>>
>>60264838
>muh weeb headphone
>>60264855
Interestingly the HDVD800 is actually not that good, it has an output impedance of 16 ohms which means it's not ideal for powering some low impedance IEMs. A good headphone amplifier should be able to power anything to reasonable volumes, like Objective2 or Schiit Magni.
>>
>>60264911
So why not just go balls deep and get a Ragnarok + Yggdrasil(or any of the other DACS)? Or the Jotunheim?
>>
>>60264855
>better performance
Nobody really knows about the HDVD800 because Sennheiser was nice enough not to provide meaningful specs and nobody, as far as I know, has conducted thorough measurements on it. I know it has got a stupid ~40 Ohm output impedance and that it's finely manufactured, both feels and looks high quality. I don't expect it to be poor but with a design choice like that Zout I question the design. Heck for all we know the likes of O2 and Magni 2 could perform better than the HDVD800 on most loads.

Unlike the majority of users here, that won't make me suggest those cheap units for you. The audible benefits above the likes of Magni 2 on a load like HD 800S can be forgotten. There's absolutely no way the amplifier limits the performance on that... "pairing". Magni is still a cheaply built little amp that has barely any features. If you value something else than performance specs I could think loads of other amplifier units that also have DA-converters built in.

If you want something absolutely top notch in terms of performance regardless whether you get an audible improvement above affordable amplifiers, check how much Benchmark DAC3 goes for. It's around the same price as the HDVD800 and it's about as good of a DAC you can buy for any amount of money with a high quality headphone amplifier in it. Comes in a (somewhat) matching dark color too if you fancy that.

I would, however, make you rethink of the HD 800 over HD 800S.
>>
>>60264855
>I do find it hard to believe that it won't have better performance than $100 AMP
Nevermind if it's actually any better or not. Notice how hard you're falling for the high price trap. It's expensive, so sure it has to be good?
Reality check: An amp will power your phones, add some gain and a nice volume knob to control the gain, and do these things transparently, without altering the actual signal.
It's all about whether it can do it or not. There's $100 hardware like the Magni 2 which can, so don't let them trick you into paying thousands for no benefit whatsoever.
>>
>>60265246
>If you value something else than performance specs I could think loads of other amplifier units that also have DA-converters built in.
That's what the Modi is for.
>If you want something absolutely top notch in terms of performance regardless whether you get an audible improvement above affordable amplifiers, check how much Benchmark DAC3 goes for. It's around the same price as the HDVD800 and it's about as good of a DAC you can buy for any amount of money with a high quality headphone amplifier in it. Comes in a (somewhat) matching dark color too if you fancy that.
Christ, if you want a fancy DAC, just go modi multibit. Raving reviews. I seriously doubt a "fancy dac" makes a difference over the one in the fulla 2/standardmodi, but at the very least you won't be spending a fortune on a fucking DAC.
>>
>>60264727
I don't see why not. Just connect the output of your DAC to the input of your Amp.
>>
>actual discussion instead of shitposting on /hpg/

Is something wrong, lads?
>>
>>60265322
What is the multibit thing?
>>
I have Razer Electra headphones. I like them but I have them for years and they're basically falling apart. I don't have any complaints on their sound even though they're not that expensive and not really a brand for listening to music. I want to get something that will be better, but to still remain similar to this.

My price range is <100$.
>>
File: mpv-shot0119.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0119.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>60265393
Most DACs out there are delta-sigma dacs. These dacs do very high sample rates (think MHz), but they only do 3-5 bit.

So they take a bunch of samples and resample them to the super high sample rate low bit depth, before doing the conversion to analog.

Multibit DACs actually give you >16bit precision at the sample rates they support (typically actual 18~19bit precision at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 or 192KHz).

They get really good reviews, but I haven't personally tested any yet.
>>
>>60265246
Thanks for the write up. What I'm looking for in general is a combination of top notch performance as well as simplicity(in both function and design). I'm not an audiophile in any modern sense of the word, I just enjoy high quality audio and am wanting a great setup(I listen to music pretty much constantly when working). Most of my content will be played via USB, although I might add Vinyl in the near future.

My issue with the HDVD800 was I can't really find too much info on it that isn't shill reviews. It seems like functionally it would be fine, and is somewhat aesthetically pleasing, but seems grossly overpriced.

DAC3 looks pretty cool, I'll do some more research on it. Why would you go with the HD800 over the HD800S?

>>60265254
To be honest the price is irrelevant to me. It is aesthetic, seems to be of high build quality, and I'm sure will drive the headphones fine. Performance is a single aspect to a product.

I do have hesitation though, hence me posting here asking about it though instead of just buying it.

>>60265322
So if I was to go Modi 2 Multibit, are you also of the contention that there would be no function difference between the Magni 2 and the Ragnarok?
>>
>>60262723
If I'm using nice headphones and a dac+amp should I be selecting 48000hz or 96000hz?
>>
>>60265544
The ragnarok is AIUI their highest end amp, and a very complex product.

It'd be awesome, but also more likely to break because, honest, complexity is bad for reliability.

As to sound, I'm pretty sure it'd sound the same as the magni2, as that's already overkill, more than capable for driving HD800S.

In your situation, I'd likely go for something like magni2uber + modi2multibit.
>>
>>60265605
96KHz. I don't believe in hd audio being awesome, but I'm sure Windows' shitty resampler is going to do a better job of 44.1/48 -> 96 than 44.1 -> 48 or 48 -> 44.1.
>>
>>60265322
>Christ, if you want a fancy DAC, just go modi multibit.
The standard one is better performance wise if that's what you want. If you want to pay more for worse quality, I can think of other options than a cheapo little discrete DAC.

Calling units like DAC3 or the numerous others which do similar things a "DAC" is a misnomer. They are headphone amplifiers, preamplifiers, DA-converters all at the same time. They have lots of features(a lot of I/O options, two headphone outputs, remote control, customizable gain resistors etc) and often high quality construction(metallic housing, high quality potentiometer, displays or indicative LEDs), thoroughly QC tested and so on. Stuff that you'd expect from a premium product. The best have extremely high level of performance backed up by measurements. Just so know how it performs. It's also there for a testament that whoever designed the unit actually knows what they are doing and aren't trying to take the easy route of selling crap to audiophiles.

>I seriously doubt a "fancy dac" makes a difference over the one in the fulla 2/standardmodi
I agree. That's not why I mentioned the unit or why I would recommend it. The DA-conversion is a solved problem in audio reproduction anyway. Even easier to do than a good amp. Doesn't mean that you can't go nuts and improve on what's there and appreciate it.

Audibility of _everything_ I just mentioned notwithstanding.

>>60265393
A different DA-conversion topology. Not something you or anyone needs to know about when purchasing a performance goal is at mind. What comes out of the device is what matter. How that performance was achieved is irrelevant at that point. Multibit imposes huge challenges in analog circuit design and component matching. For that reason it's generally more expensive to manufacture and almost universally surpassed by delta-sigma for good twenty years or so. It got hype in recent times for its "revival" for audiophiles. It's a regressive trend if you ask me.
>>
>>60265362
Dumb followup

Of the three following amps, which provides the most power at around $100USD+-$20: Fulla 2, Magni2, O2 or is there a better option for a standalone amp for $120?
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 500x335px
chinks making some very nice R2R ladder descrete dacs recently
Denafrips Ares
>>
File: th.jpg (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
48KB, 250x250px
>>60265816
>>
>>60265544
>Why would you go with the HD800 over the HD800S?
There are four differences between them:

>Price
HD 800S is more expensive. Quite simple.

>Color
HD 800S has a dark matter paint and still seems to suffer from pait chipping(if Indoanon is to be believed).

>Frequency response
The resonator in HD 800S damps the 6 kHz peak of the HD 800 some. That peak is often seen as a flaw in their sound. The resonator doesn't fix it: it merely lowers its amplitude some. Pic related. While the improvement is for the better, imo, the difference is small and better tackled by something like equalization that can actually just remove the peak if you don't like it. Or do whatever else with the response. A partial fix is something I see little value in. Perhaps if you don't EQ or can't/don't know how to it might be of some value to you.

>distortion
While the audible impacts of something like measured THD are way too complex to tell from a simple graph, the HD 800S has more distortion than the HD 800.

Maybe I'm blinded by my own ideas of value or I'm not seeing something others do but I just can't see much point in HD 800S.

>>60265795
Magni 2

>>60265816
Visually nice. Knowing that, maybe it sounds great.
>>
>>60265795
Among these three, in power they can output, Magni 2 > O2 > Fulla 2.
>>
>>60265886
>>60265862
Thanks, I'll go with the Magni2
>>
File: memes.png (644KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
644KB, 1024x747px
>>60264299
>tfw make a longpost but it didn't get trough and dollchan failed on saving it
Damn it feels bad, now to the topic. First you may want to wait, wait till 21st of May. Recently an image of HD820 got leaked as Sennheiser 2017 products lineup. I don't think that this one is fake, because recently Sennheiser released their updated HDV 820 amp. From 18th-21st May "HIGH END' audio show/fair trade will take place in Munich, and I bet my ass Sennheiser will be there, possibly announcing and showcasing HD820. New HD820 will first, drive down the prices of previous models through 2nd-3rd party retailers like it happened with HD800 after release of HD800S. But more importantly for you, aiming for the top end, it will most likely be a better version of HD8xx line, and it will be a different headphone judging by increased grill and driver housing.

As for HD800S amp, I advise you what other anon's recommended, get o2/schiit stack. I did not personally try HDVD800, but I've had element and schiit stack and there wasn't much difference between them if no at all. Solid State amps are not something complicated, there is not that much to be done that can affect sound and it's quality in a meaningful way. Some quoted HDVD800 high impedance, I think they missed the point. It was made specifically for HD800 with 300 ohm impedance, and increased impedance usually adds 'liveliness' to the sound which lead me to one suggesting for you. If you have spare money and motivation to try new things, go for the tube amps. I recommend schiit because they are consistent and have good return policy. Just order different schiit to try all the flavours yourself and decide if you like one. I, for example, really liked Shostakovich's waltz no. 2 on Valhalla 2, in comparison on SS schiit/stack it sounded flat and a bit dull, and yes I did a/b smartasses. Not to say that you should skip on SS, tubes are rather inconsistent and not everything sounds good on them.
>>
>>60265210
>get a Ragnarok + Yggdrasil
They're mediocre products overall.

>>60264354
Innerfidelity.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iBassFilter.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iReferenceFilter.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iTrebleFilter.pdf

>>60265393
Multiple bits, more than one. That's the definition engineering or other literature would tell you.
When audiophiles say "multibit", they would usually mean something a little different. Usually some form of resistor ladder with many stages.

>>60265816
That capacitor bank screams Far East Asian make.
>discrete R2R
The reason you would do that is if you couldn't afford a tapeout of a custom IC with laser cut resistors. It has inherent susceptibility to monotoncity failure; Ohmic heating will hamper all high precision matching attempts.
In this day and age, it exists because you really wanted to put the R-2R or whatever label on your hardware.
>>
File: 1466059306205.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466059306205.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /g/. I recently bought Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ohm that I wanted to use with my PC. They're kinda quiet though, so I figured out that I need an amp or something. From what I've seen people who buy the same headphones usually buy the "FiiO E10K Olympus 2" aswell. From the product page it says that it's recommended for 16-150 ohm though, will it still work with the 250 ohm headphones I have?
>>
>>60266684
Should work fine; that 16-150 Ohm warning's a joke an more about power output. Fulla2 or Magni2 would be better a better choice.
>>
>>60266791
I've checked the fulla 2 but with shipping and everything it's almost twice as expensive as that fiio thing. I'm coming from gaming headsets so I don't really know much about this stuff and money is an issue. What's the difference between those things? Also I assume they won't work with consoles at all, right?
>>
>>60266464
>that image

Thanks anon. I was literally planning on buying on the 18th, so fucking glad I didn't. I'll hold off for now.

Based on picture, I'll probably wait for product announcement and pickup HDV820+HD820. Might pick up a schiit stack as well, so I can do a personal comparison on the two.
>>
File: sennheiser_hdv-820.jpg (14KB, 790x524px) Image search: [Google]
sennheiser_hdv-820.jpg
14KB, 790x524px
>>60266852
Also I'm honestly surprised nobody ever pointed out that a new Sennheiser amp was coming out with a new amp.
>>
>>60266816
The fulla 2 is better imo but at twice the price you might as well buy the e10k. It's a nice little amp.
>>
>Budget
Max 250$
>Location
USA
>Source
Mackie ProFX8 Professional Compact Mixer
>Type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Open!
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter, how bad could they hurt?
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
Nope
>>
>>60266684
I'm using E10K with HD600, which has 300 Ohm, and it sounds good and powerful enough. Impedance doesn't tell the sensitivity of a headphone.
>>
>>60266487
That suckout and the following peak are some extreme shit.
>>
>>60266464
>>60266791
>Fulla2...would be better a better choice
Absolutely not. Faces similar constraint as E10k using DT990-250 ohm as load. Similar output level.

>>60266852
>>60266464
As far as the early HD 820 rumors go, it will not displace the HD 800 or 800S. They point to 820 being closed back.
>>
>>60266942
>>60266978
Okay, thanks. I'll get the fiio thing then. It kinda sucks that the shiit stuff is so expensive here in europe, I've seen it for $99 on their US webstore while it's 110 pounds on their UK one and 15 pounds shipping, that's almost 150€.
>>
>>60266852
I am really wondering what Sennheiser did with HD820. It's not an HD900, so nothing groundbreaking, but they might as well made it closer to what they wanted to do with HD800, possibly iliminating trebble peak which would otherwise overshadow HD800S. Also it has no wire, I wonder if it will also have a wireless option but I doubt it.

> I'll probably wait for product announcement and pickup HDV820+HD820. Might pick up a schiit stack as well, so I can do a personal comparison on the two.

You money but once again, it has frequency response of < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz, far, faaaaar beyond human hearing threshold of 20 HZ to 20 kHz and that's only for young people because hearing degrades rather fast, esp among those who love to listen to music. I advise pick a schiit stack first and if you are missing something look into the HDV820 and/or tubes. It's not that HDV is expensive, it's just that you can fuck around with memetubes so much for such money, but that's down to you.

Imagine, year 2037. Sennheiser is a leading manufacturer for bionic hearing implants, hear what you lost and what you won't hear otherwise. Experience music so to the point of 0.000000000001 THD and beyond, hear what dolphins talk about and fell the coming earthquake miles ahead! Also comes with a free 4 month trial for our new BrainDirect steaming service with our latest ÜberBit technology supporting samples rates up to 24 brbit (brain bit aka bit per nerve impulse). Also comes with a vintage EQ preset for those old school folks who prefer a normal bio hearing.

>>60267017
>As far as the early HD 820 rumor go, it will not displace the HD 800 or 800S. They point to 820 being closed back.
Any specific reasoning behind it? I've seen some comments on it being a closed version, but it would rather IMO be HD870 or HD800C because making a closed version from an open headphone witch such specific housing that has a resonance may as well lead to complete redesighn on a headphone maybe semiopen.
>>
>>60267017
>As far as the early HD 820 rumors go, it will not displace the HD 800 or 800S. They point to 820 being closed back.

Was just reading that. Might be one of those things I pick up in addition to the HD800S and either keep or sell off. Fuck, if this wasn't going to go up to work I would just buy some HE-1s and troll everyone by only streaming music via YouTube to it.

>>60267155
>I am really wondering what Sennheiser did with HD820.
It would seem kind of an odd move to do the 800S so close to this one. Maybe they are going full retard with "muh $2K+ Bluetooth headphones, dawg".

>It's not that HDV is expensive, it's just that you can fuck around with memetubes so much for such money, but that's down to you.

I've seriously considered it, but to be honest, I have way too many hobbies already. I want something that takes minimal thought, just a "set it and forget it" kind of thing.

>I advise pick a schiit stack first and if you are missing something look into the HDV820 and/or tubes
The HDV820 isn't coming out until July anyway, so I can pick up a Schiit stack, get use to them, and do some comparisons. Hell, maybe even keep the Schiit stack at the house, and can use it with any of the stuff I already have, or just as backup.
>>
File: mpv-shot0062.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0062.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>60266816
Fulla 2 is a significantly better dac and amp.

Other than that, it has io options (1 aux input and 2 aux outputs, with/wo volumeknob) that will pretty much ensure you'll never need anything else.

e10k on the other hand, has no aux inputs, but has a gimmick "bass boost" switch.

I'd suggest getting the Fulla 2 because you'll buy once and done, no need to ever upgrade from that.
>>
File: mpv-shot0093.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0093.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>60266971
HD600 > HD599 > k702 > HD598se.
>>
>>60267155
Action potential is already quantized in a 1 bit state.
HD800 already has many other signature issues besides the overrated treble peak.
The cable can just be detachable.
Fuzzy shots of the poster don't show the housing as looking so similar.
>you can fuck around with memetubes
Lynx Hilo? Smyth Realiser? A Nixie clock? Loudspeakers? Home remodeling? Or anything else that isn't a complete waste of time.
>>
File: memez.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
memez.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>60267552
>Action potential is already quantized in a 1 bit state.
I was memeing about 2037...
>The cable can just be detachable.
Yes?
>Fuzzy shots of the poster don't show the housing as looking so similar.
Yes that was my point, the 'grill' is bigger.
>HD800 already has many other signature issues besides the overrated treble peak.
Like what? It has an upper midrange dip but that's a design feature to simulate speaker in a free field rather than an issue. Some say that bass is not enough, closed version would solve that easily.

>Lynx Hilo? Smyth Realiser? A Nixie clock? Loudspeakers? Home remodeling? Or anything else that isn't a complete waste of time.
Well you can keep your opinion, I will keep mine but Orpheus uses tubes and it tells something.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_173610.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_173610.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
Who's jealous?
>>
>>60267730
Meh, IEMs.

I'll keep my HD600, thanks.
>>
>>60267728
>>60267552
I think I got a bit confused about memetubes part, thanks for Smyth Realiser, looks interesting.
>>
are these good?
>>
>>60266684

I'm using the DT990 250ohm paired with an E10K

For the price is way better than a embedded Realtek noisy chip.
>>
>Budget
300€
>Location
EU
>Source
Sound card
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
best possible
>Sound signature
Neutral-ish, maybe slightly v-shaped or warm signature, wide soundstage
>>
File: 1493779202488.png (361KB, 727x539px) Image search: [Google]
1493779202488.png
361KB, 727x539px
>>60262723

I need headphones to wear in a loud work setting, what do?

>Budget
Under £200

>Location
UK

>Source
Onboard, or maybe a SMSL M2

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed
Preferably with a lot of isolation

>Comfort level
Comfortable enough for 12 hours of near constant wear

>Sound signature
Preferably something warm with plenty of bass

>Past headphones
HD201, HD202, AD900x

I was thinking about getting some AKG K550s but I'm not sure if they'll isolate enough.
>>
>>60267894
HD600 (neutralish), HD599 (neutralish+exaggerated soundstage), k702 (neutralish+exaggerated soundstage).
>>
>>60267931
HD380 Pro. Good isolation (-32dB), comfortable, reputable, removable cable, neutral-ish (actually a little bassy).
>>
>>60267730
I'm interested in getting this or sennheiser momentum to replace my soundmagic e10s
But the iems are more expensive than m40x,
which one should I get first?
>>
File: 1494089969311.jpg (145KB, 600x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1494089969311.jpg
145KB, 600x1704px
>>60268007
I'm listening to it right now. It's actually pretty awesome.
momentum is too old and its reputation is terrible
>>
>>60267950
How come these never get mentioned anywhere?
>>
>>60267940
Listened to the K702 once, too recessed bass. Not by much, but eh well.
A first search about the HD599 doesn't return lots of good feedback.

How's the soundstage of the HD600, still wide and just not exaggerated or rather small/normal?
>>
>>60261189
to the aussie asking about the headphone stand
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182370247731?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>60264855
Get the schiit jotunheim.
>>
>>60268062
Might be the negative stigma due to being the same drivers used in the 598C's.
>>
>>60268084
HD600 sound stage is basically on par with most closed headphones.
>>
File: 1368982171816.jpg (224KB, 1000x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1368982171816.jpg
224KB, 1000x1384px
DAC under $200? Must have an RCA output, ideally on the front but haven't seen much like that.
>>
>want MDR V6 but in earbud form and no better
Mic is fine too.
>>
>>60267728
>memeing
I know that you weren't serious, I don't know about some other people.
>simulate speaker in a free field
Besides that some of the most vocal critics of that tuning method are from Sennheiser/Neumann, and that Sennheiser makes a very contrary statement about their tuning of the HD 800, the free field target doesn't measure like that.
>Orpheus uses tubes and it tells something
One serious use for valves: they serve as convenient high-gain current sources that are useful for intermediate stages of an amplifier.
Careful electronics design isn't the same thing as chasing mythical tube sound. Not that I really know anything about the circuit.
>Some say that bass is not enough, closed version would solve that easily.
That would not likely be a fix, and is more likely to run counter to the redeeming aspect about the HD800 low end.

>>60268062
No one else likes them.
>>
>>60265393
Meme DACs based on outdated tech, aimed at the same sort of folks who think ternary computers sound like a great idea.
>>
>>60268344
>soundstage
>real
>>
>>60268729
TEN
E
N

$
>>
File: oppo-pm-3-5-1200x630-c.jpg (203KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
oppo-pm-3-5-1200x630-c.jpg
203KB, 1200x630px
I did it. They're on their way

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>60268770
They're a lot bassier than their FR would suggest. If you like that, great. If you dont, EQ it down 2-3 db and still great. Everything about the headphone is quality.
>>
>>60265246

HD 800S is a huge improvement over HD 800. The most important fix is was taming the piercing treble.
>>
>>60268062
Because their best attribute is passive noise isolation which is only useful for specific purposes.
>>
>Budget
$150
>Location
USA
>Source
PC Onboard (unless a cheap decent DAC/amp is suggested)
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
V-Shaped
>Past headphones
Garbage
>>
>>60269103
DT770 80 Ohm/Custom Studio
>>
>>60268555
>Careful electronics design isn't the same thing as chasing mythical tube sound. Not that I really know anything about the circuit.
Tubes introduce more even harmonics than odd, nothing mythical about that. There are other specifics to tubes like non-linearity, but that what the tubes are for. You may not like tube amps for their rather complicated topologies designs when SS is much more straight forward to get you to decent results, but some people like tube sound like they use tubes with electronic guitars to get a specific sound they want, altho some SS guitar amplifiers try to mimic tube sound but mimicking non linear response of a capacitor is rather hard and unpredictable task as far as I know. There are technical, easily quantifiable parameters like THD distortion and then there is our individual, very non linear hearing, that's why some people like tubes. It wouldn't make sense if tubes sounded the same as SS, but they don't even in case of Valhalla 2.

>That would not likely be a fix, and is more likely to run counter to the redeeming aspect about the HD800 low end.
Won't closed design lead to low FR being able to reflect from a closed surface more amplifying it? I am not saying it won't introduce other problems with HF but that's about my understanding why closed headphones have easier time with bass impact/amount.
>>
>>60268062
Soundstage on HD600 is as-is; it doesn't alter soundstage.

It manages to sound farther away than my closed set (HD380 Pro), but that's about it.

I love my HD600 fwiw.
>>
>>60268484
Schiit Modi 2 Uber or Multibit.

The non-uber probably not worth it, because there's usb stuff (like the fulla 2) which uses the same chip and does amp too.

Uber and Multibit both have the extra spdif inputs, which are very nice to have.
>>
>use superlux hd668b
>want to get better headphones for gaming and music
i heard the audio technica 700x is great but lack bass. any help?
>>
File: 1472392876777.jpg (42KB, 790x430px) Image search: [Google]
1472392876777.jpg
42KB, 790x430px
What the fuck are those metal thingies for?
>>
>>60269364
The AD700X are pretty lacking in bass. Take a look at the closed back versions (A500X/Z, 900X/Z). The DT990's relatively similar to the 668B's.
>>
>>60269308
My understanding is that the Multibit has 24 or so milliseconds of latency due to the custom filter. Too much for good movie watching. Uber is on my list of candidates. Don't need amp, already covered.
>>
>>60269411
will the closed back versions have the soundstage i need?
>>
Just bought KZ ED9, is it good?
>>
>>60269725
Yeah, I believe the drivers are angled so the soundstage should be relatively wide for closed backs.
>>
>>60269787
>check amazon
fucking prices are just insane 300+
>>
Got these a few years back for about $100 when the 2.0 Momentums were on their way out. How did I do?
I've been happy with them but I'm interested in what the general consensus is.
>>
Why do I care so much about how my headphones look when I can't actually see them in action, lads?
>>
>>60270317
Because you're a normie.
>>
im deciding between Philips SHP9500 vs Sennheiser 558. im using them for gaming competitively and music production. any help?
>>
>>60269364
For a similar sound to those, I'd go Beyerdynamic.

DT880 for open, DT770 for closed.
DT880 will be the most neutral while still having boosted highs.
770 is bassier, but less boomy than the 668b in my opinion.
Both very comfy.
>>
>>60270600
Depends if you want a warm (558) or bright (9500) sound.
Both are considered comfy, 9500 has the benefit of 3.5 detachable.
>>
File: 7313671.jpg (137KB, 1000x677px) Image search: [Google]
7313671.jpg
137KB, 1000x677px
Kinda silly question, but what are some good all black headphones? Like, everything's black, including the cable, no accents (logo can be whatever color though). Like the R70x.
>>
>>60270652
can you consider the Superlux hd668b bright?
>>
>>60270657
Fidelio X2
>>
>>60269243
The abridged version:

>non-linearity
All devices are inherently non-linear. You normally run the device in limited range that is approximately linear. Negative feedback is used to improve linearity
>Tubes introduce more even harmonics than odd
Has to do with input/output symmetry; solid state devices can be very asymmetrical and vice versa.
>SS guitar amplifiers try to mimic tube sound
Capacitors tend to stick much closer to linearity than, say, a diode or transistor. Fundamentally, it is represented by linear equations, and the dielectric material used creates non-ideal behavior.
Either way, there isn't anything too unpredictable about them.
Guitar amplifiers are specifically designed for very high non-linearity, unlike audio reproduction devices that are generally weakly nonlinear and low order. Guitar amps are far more resistant to analytic techniques from the very significant high order terms involved.
Back in the world of audio amplifiers, the distortion is not in the leading role. The audibility of the distortion is of low order and subject to extensive masking by the signal. The perpetual question of audibility lingers.
>rather complicated topologies
What are you looking at that makes you say that?
>very non linear hearing
Of course it is. The loudness contour is the representation of how it affects loudness.
However, nerve suppression of a frequency by another lower frequency is easy to show.
>reflect from a closed surface
If you try applying wave propagation to something the size of a headphone enclosure with bass frequencies, the pressure is uniform throughout. The uneven distribution of pressure makes a more tangible effect from about 1 kHz and above.
Instead, the usual errant dips are from the natural frequency of other components causing interference, earpad vibration, frame rocking, etc.

The bass extension and boost in a closed headphone has more to do with leak, primary resonance and bass vents.
>>
>>60270670
Absolutely so, almost painful.
If I'm listening to music I have to eq them down, the highs are good for vidya though.

DT770 are supposed to be painfully bright, but I don't feel the same need to eq the treble down.
>>
>>60270670
In comparison to the 9500's, they're both bright but the 668b has more piercing spikes, if you need some buzzwords to help you along.
>>
>>60270874
that explains why after replacing the earpads some sounds are a little too high/bright. alright looks like the 558s are going to be mine. im tired of bright sounds from this superlux. thanks man
>>
>>60270317
Because you're poor. That's like saying you don't care what's your vehicle looks like because you're driving.
>>
>>60270670
Yeah, they're bright though I'm not very treble sensitive so it doesnt bother me though the bass is all types of fucked.
>>
>>60270865
Oh yeah, sadly I tried those already and it sounded uncanny, like it was both muffled and shrill, and I wasn't a fan of the bass either.
>>
>>60269379
extra sound
>>
>Budget
$250
>Location
Canada
>Source
Audio jack.
>Type of headphone
Full/Over
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Doesn't really matter.
>Past headphones
Currently have NVX XPT100. They seem adequate to me, but they don't keep out sound as much as I'd like. Given I care about isolation the most (there's a lot of stomping above me now), that's kind of an issue.
>>
>>60271046
Nice reading comprehension, bud.
>>
>>60271253
Beyerdynamic DT100 or Sennheiser HD380.

DT's might have more isolation if that's what you're looking.

For max isolation, get Etymotic hf5 iem's and wear some ear muffs over those.
>>
Hello /hpg/

I would like your recommendations for an A E S T H E T I C over ear headphones with good sound for under 500USD
>>
>>60271328
Thanks. I'll look into all of them. IEMs might be nice to try.
>>
>>60262858
>7.1
and
>headsets
meed to be added to the OP, not hidden in the pastebin since these retards clearly are skimming it
>>
>>60271378
Oh yeah, mostly for jazz funk / city pop
>>
>>60271378
Oppo pm3
>>
>>60271253
380Pro or Etymotic MK5 /HF5/MC5
>>
Could somebody give me a quick redpill on DAPs? Why would I spend $100-$500 on a DAP instead of just pairing my $"700" smartphone with a $40 portable DAC/amp?
>>
>>60271464
A lot of smartphones don't have SD card slots (fucking retarded). DAPs come in handy then. Personally, mine has 128GB internal + 128GB SD so I just use a $100 dac/amp with it.
>>
>>60265605
>>60265670
Whatever most of your audio is, in order to avoid resampling. Most of your audio should be 44.1KHz because anything higher will introduce ultrasonic noise which only hurts quality and wastes storage space.
>>
File: 1487595768275.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1487595768275.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
Can I turn my DT 990s into 770s by putting tape on the outside?
>>
>>60264053
I'm going with a certain chi-fi discrete dac+amp

My X-Fi Titanium sounds good to me, to be honest. Especially since I EQ. I hope I have the same experience with upgrading as you did though
>>
>>60271887
Yes
>>
best headphones for masturbating to asmr whispering whores?
>>
I have a pair of gr07 classic and am thinking of upgrading. I was using piston 3 before and although the gr07 is a sizable upgrade, I want more. I've heard Flc8s are a decent upgrade, but they cost 3x more. Have I wandered into diminishing returns territory already?
>>
>>60272178
hd800 for that maximum fidelity
>>
>>60272343
CIEM's imo are when you start getting diminishing returns or retardedly high priced IEM's like Westones.
>>
Any recommendations for the comfiest IEMs that don't go over 40 bucks? Comfort is big priority, less concerned with sound, but would like it to be decent. No sound signature preference.
>>
>>60270870
>All devices are inherently non-linear. You normally run the device in limited range that is approximately linear. Negative feedback is used to improve linearity
>Has to do with input/output symmetry; solid state devices can be very asymmetrical and vice versa.
Yes, but SS operates much more linearly than tubes based amps, hence the difference. Tubes are also mostly dominated by even harmonics, not that you can't configure them otherwise but as most of SS are made not to discriminate specific harmonics most tubes do otherwise.

>Capacitors tend to stick much closer to linearity than, say, a diode or transistor. Fundamentally, it is represented by linear equations, and the dielectric material used creates non-ideal behavior.
>Either way, there isn't anything too unpredictable about them.
With capacitors yes, they are linear at it's core, but trying to completely mimics valves that are non linear in their response I won't consider as an easily predictable task.

>Back in the world of audio amplifiers, the distortion is not in the leading role. The audibility of the distortion is of low order and subject to extensive masking by the signal. The perpetual question of audibility lingers.
Different folks different strokes. As valves sound different and are preferred by some over capacitors so are tubes. Tube amp difference is clearly audible to their SS counterpart and it's not that you hear a hissing or distortion, is that all of tubes properties result in the very audible sound difference.

>What are you looking at that makes you say that?
Because tubes heat, dealing with their less linear behaviour is harder, often you need several rather bulky components for their designs.
>>
>>60272724

>Of course it is. The loudness contour is the representation of how it affects loudness.
>However, nerve suppression of a frequency by another lower frequency is easy to show.
Point? It is even possible to measure the structure of an outer ear, but my point is since there no ears are the same everyone will interpret sound differently and for some certain tubes will sound better than SS.

>The bass extension and boost in a closed headphone has more to do with leak, primary resonance and bass vents.
It resonates from a closed surface I think? That what I meant, worded incorrectly. But I doubt that it will be a closed version of HD8xx line. I think you are an HD800 owner, what do you think can be improved besides resonance peak and maybe an upper mids dip, I didn't like it when I heard it?
>>
>>60272724
Tubes are voltage amplifiers as opposed to transistors which are current amplification devices. As a consequence, tubes are a more linear amplification technology, requiring less overall negative feedback to make the circuit linear. Negative feedback re-injects a sample of the amplifier’s output signal back into the input, 180 degrees out of phase, in an attempt to reduce amplifier non-linearity and distortion. In practice, negative feedback tends to slow the amplifier down and sucks the emotion and life out of the music. High feedback designs usually sound sterile, boring and lifeless, while low or zero feedback designs provide for a more immediate and natural sound. Depending on technology and type of the used output device, transistor amplifiers generally require the use of over 40dB of local loop or global negative feedback
>>
File: LM 218IA.jpg (50KB, 584x407px) Image search: [Google]
LM 218IA.jpg
50KB, 584x407px
Vacuum tubes – Advantages

Highly linear without negative feedback, specially some small-signal types
Wider dynamic range than typical transistor circuits, thanks to higher operating voltages
Clipping is smooth, which is widely considered more musical than transistors
Tolerant of overloads and voltage spikes
Circuit designs tend to be simpler than semiconductor equivalents
Operation is usually in Class A or AB, which minimizes crossover distortion
Maintenance tends to be easier because user can replace tubes

Transistors – Advantages

Usually lower cost than tubes, especially in small-signal circuits
Smaller than equivalent tubes
Can be combined in one die to make integrated circuit
Lower power consumption than equivalent tubes, especially in small-signal circuits
Less waste heat than equivalent tubes
Can operate on low-voltage supplies, greater safety, lower component costs, smaller clearances
Matching transformers not required for low-impedance loads
Usually more physical ruggedness than tubes (depends on chassis construction)
>>
>tubes sound different
On a bad amplifier sure.
>musical
>emotion
>lifeless
>boring
>natural
>immediate
>slow the amplifier down
Surely you jest?
>>
are there any decent USB cards for PS4?
needs a Miic-In tho
>>
>>60271696
Except if you play videogames. Or watch DVD or BD movies. Then it's 48KHz.

Pretty much everything except for CDs.
>>
>>60273714
That's how a subjectivist talks about audio. Aren't they irritating.
>>
>>60265605
44.1 kHz for standard discs
48 kHz for movies and games
96 kHz for vynil rips or SACD
>>
File: COMFEEEE.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
COMFEEEE.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Just got my first real setup today and am trying it out. I can't begin to say how impressed I am with the combo. I can hear so much shit that I've never heard before in my music.
Problem is while these phones seem pretty flat I very quickly got sensitive to a bright spot at 2.5khz. I started tuning it back with the eq and it's way down, like 7 - 9 db. 1.8khz is a couple db down, maybe only 1, but 3.5khz is UP, like 3 -5 db. Is it normal to such a bright spot? It's balanced on both sides as far as I can tell.
I'm running the D1 from a usb3 socket at 24bit.

Also, I got the phones as an "open box display unit" which was a gamble, but the price was really good for Australia. They were not display, someone used them as a daily driver long enough to put a lot of little kinks in the cable and get the pads pretty yucky. I regret it a little, but if the peak in the response is due to them being misused (how?) I'll really regret it.

In the end I'm overall happy as fuck with my little setup, cautiously optimistic that there aren't any real problems.
>>
>>60274460
Yes because it's a whole lot of nothing.
>>
File: 2017-05-08 13.03.02.jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-08 13.03.02.jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
They arrived /g/
>>
>>60274666
How do you know so much about audio if you only just got for first 'real' setup? did you research the shit out of it before buying them? genuinely curious.
>>
File: hd540.jpg (1MB, 3318x2298px) Image search: [Google]
hd540.jpg
1MB, 3318x2298px
I've inherited a pair of HD540 reference from 1989. Pretty sexy sounding headphone.
Really wide soundstage, kinda bright signature.
Lacking bass but thats probably because the pads have rotted away some years ago (they weren't used in the last ~10years), headfi says the HD250 pads fit on it.
>>
File: Sony TA-ZH1ES.jpg (23KB, 622x422px) Image search: [Google]
Sony TA-ZH1ES.jpg
23KB, 622x422px
very interesting headphone Amp/DAC
it use powered sigma-delta modulator to drive headphones directly. Something like PowerDAC
>>
>>60275861
Cool.
>>
Any one here have tried any ifi products? Planning to get a used ifi nano idsd for $100
>>
File: 4314thorsten.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
4314thorsten.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
>>60276291
ye they are good. Thorsten is our guy
>>
>>60262723
>Budget
Flexible 110 Euro
>Location
Latvia, price site https://www.salidzini.lv
>Source
USB but if they have an additional headphone port that is fine too
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
High, going to use them outside, for long periods of time
>Sound signature
don't care
>Past headphones
Steelseries 5hv2, logitech g230, some 15 euro phillips headphones
They need to look good, going to use them outside as much as inside, so good comfort is neccesary
Headset would be preffered but not neccesary
>>
>>60276113
Sony is still the king of aesthetics.
>>
>>60276493
Buh alu meenum schiitstack
>>
>Budget
~60€
>Location
France
>Source
PC/Phone Jack
>Type of headphone
Don't care
>Open or closed
Preferably closed
>Comfort level
It prefer sound quality over comfort as long as it's not too bad
>Sound signature
Neutral
>>
>>60273025
Tubes use negative feedback as well to lower their output impedance and lower noise, otherwise you resort to transformers that are bulky and expensive. I didn't know that SS has to use a lot of negative feedback tho.

>Clipping is smooth, which is widely considered more musical than transistors
I wonder if that can be done with SS as well.

>>60273714
>On a bad amplifier sure.
You mean as individual tubes on amps? Tubes do sound different to SS tho.
>>
Just got my HD 598s. Compared to other headphones or IEMS that were closed or semi open the 598 is a lot less painful at max volume. They both sound properly amped/driven and are more than loud enough, but its like the 598s being open and leaking sound makes it more enjoyable. Or maybe its the veil and me being used to treble rape.
>>
Anyone know how Dolby DTs works? Is it just an EQ that can be replicated?
>>
>>60271378
dt770 lad
>>
>>60276509
You sound bitter. I like schiit but that sony amp looks great.
>>
>>60272724
Thermionic valve=Vacuum tube
Capacitors do not make active devices like transistors and tubes.
We have many techniques to cover time varying systems. As an example, Volterra series is a standard technique to represent such system. Tubes are warmed up before use which reduces real effects somewhat.
It is either distortion or FR. Linear or nonlinear.
The underlying mechanism is the same, and individual differences of the ear transfer function partially cancel out. Masking obscures effect of distortion.
Negative feedback is inherent to any design. Linearization requires tremendous amount of feedback.
Smooth clipping is a property of reducing the linear range of the device. Of course you do that with transistors.
>>
Give me 1 (one) reason as to why I should use a tube amp
>>
>>60277297
WORMF
>>
What does it mean if I hear ambient noise in music? is it a problem on my end or the original recording?
>>
>>60277323
Most motherboards have noise. Using a decent dac removes it.
>>
>>60277180
Calm down Schill
>>
>>60277358
Its only white noise in silent parts of the music, EMI is sound when nothing is playing.
>>
>>60277364
>says the literal schill
>>
>>60277394
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>60271378
>>60271449
Save up for the AKG N90Q
>>
>>60277413
sir I don't deal in meme speak
>>
>>60277440>>60277394

But who were you quoting?
>>
>>60277454
be quiet anti schiit man
>>
>>60277473
I get it. Its spelled shill, Rajeesh. Literal schill makes zero sense in our language. I hope they dont dock your pay for this.
>>
>>60277530
I couldn't be any whiter, mr 60%
>>
File: opppo_ha-2_4[1].jpg (36KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
opppo_ha-2_4[1].jpg
36KB, 800x500px
Is the Oppo HA-2 any good?
>>
>>60277938
This fat bastard seems to think so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UQSqwRPQc

Though he spends half the video jerking off over the build quality.
>>
I can get either a Sennheiser 598 or a Philips Fidelio X2 for the same price. Which is the better out of the two for general use (playing games/watching movies)?
>>
>>60278146
>Though he spends half the video jerking off over the build quality.

That's pretty much what he does. I still like watching his videos for some reason.
>>
>>60278146
That guy really does not inspird confidence
>>
File: 1458767460737.jpg (149KB, 490x550px) Image search: [Google]
1458767460737.jpg
149KB, 490x550px
What's the best chink USB sound card /g/?
>>
>Budget: $100
>Location: America
>Type: bluetooth over-ears sweat-proof
>Comfort level: comfortable or at least for an hour
>Sound Signature: neutral
>>
How good are Sennheiser Momentum in-ears?
>>
File: large.jpg (143KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
143KB, 500x421px
>Budget
$70 max but obviously less would be better
>Location
Canada
>Source
Laptop
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Decent comfort
>Past headphones
Skullcandy Lowriders, they folded up, if possible I'd like my next pair to fold up too.

Any help would be really appreciated!
>>
Should i get shure se215 or momentum in-ears for mainly podcasts but also some music?
I currently have some random Pioneer inears, the build quality is amazing but the sound is very flat.
>>
is BuyDig a good place to buy from? i'm asking cause they got the mdr-v6's for $60
>>
Looking to buy good value for money headphones for mixed use in the 75-150€ price range. They're going to be mainly used for listening to music but i also plan to use them while gaming, and my main concern is actually delivering a great experience when used with the htc vive headset in vr gaming.
>>
>>60280328
Akg 702's might be the best in that price range. You won't like them if you require heavy bass though. dt770 could be another option.
>>
>>60280468
I'd add to the list with HM5's and K612's
>>
>>60280468
>>60280556
Out of these only the k612 i could find in my country. What should i expect from them? I'd like it if they at least play louder than my old headphones Element-HD-3500G. To be honest i have never worn decent headphones so i'll probably be pleased. Also what makes them a good option related to VR? Most headphone reviewers for vr gaming i've read so far mention how they enhance immersion by delivering details very clearly and making the sound feel like it surrounds you, is this like the norm for this price range of headphones? because i've never really experienced that with any other headphones i've used in the past.
>>
File: dac1541_front_1200.jpg (117KB, 1200x406px) Image search: [Google]
dac1541_front_1200.jpg
117KB, 1200x406px
>>60264299
>Planning on buying the HDVD 800 Amp for it.

I wouldn't recommend this since its high output impedance means that it can only be used with the HD800 or similar high impedance cans.

>It's $2K, should I buy something else or will this be fine? Prefer to not fuck with tubes.

I'll wait until this becomes available. At 1.2k-ish, it's going to be a giant killer price/performance wise especially since it's fully differential from the DAC section to headphone output.

http://www.soekris.dk/dac1541.html

The problem with Schiit is most of their amps are shitty. The only good ones are Magni and Jotunheim.
>>
>>60276748
I mean amplifiers which have audible amount of nonlinear distortion, noise or even audible linear distortion. No, tubes do not necessarily sound any different from solid state. If they do, one or both of the amps you are comparing are operating under conditions where they aren't sufficiently linear anymore, hence a bad amp.

Before we hear more tube nonsense, they aren't necessarily warm sounding and the possibility of audible coloration is not explicitly explained by distortion either. You can have tube amplifiers with all around higher performance than many SS designs and of course, transparency.

The descriptions I listed earlier as quotes mean nothing.

>>60277297
You like the looks of a specific model.

>>60277377
You'll should already guess what's going on. It's a noisy recording. Really common.
>>
>>60280683
>I'd like if they at least play louder than my old headphones Element HD 3500G
I'm not sure about that. The K612's are pretty inefficient and need a headphone amplifier; Something like a E10K, Fulla2, O2 or Magni2 would work well with the K612.
>Most headphone reviewers for vr gaming i've read so far mention how they enhance immersion by delivering details very clearly and making the sound feel like it surrounds you
They're probably talking about soundstage (the percieved depth of how distant sounds are) and imaging (accuracy of sounds transitioning from left to right) and these headphones do that quite well for competitive shooters like CSGO.
>is this the norm for this price range of headphones
In my opinion, over $100 and below $300 USD is the best price to performance range for headphones unless you have cash overflowing your pockets to buy whatever.
>>
>>60280820
I thought any decent mobo codec let slone a Modi was transparent
>>
>>60280820
>The problem with Schiit is most of their amps are shitty.
What makes you say that? Stack is good price/performance wise and doesn't have anything bad as far as audibility goes and altho I didn't hear any other tube amps before I found Valhalla 2 to be a nice sounding amp, it can heat up a lot tho.

>No, tubes do not necessarily sound any different from solid state. If they do, one or both of the amps you are comparing are operating under conditions where they aren't sufficiently linear anymore, hence a bad amp.
But tubes on average operate more non-linear than SS with other characteristics like higher distortion and soft clipping, or I am missing something? I didn't hear any audible distortion on Valhalla 2, but sound was different to magni 2, and to element but I didn't have one on hands and couldn't a/b it. I know you can configure tubes differently, orpheus has 0.01% at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL.
>>
>>60281414
to
>>60280839
>>
was looking at DT770, should i get the 80 or 250 ohm version. I dont have a amp will be using them with my desktop pc
>>
>Budget
100 - 200€
>Location
EU
>Source
PMP
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Don´t care
>Sound signature
Don´t care
>Past headphones
Sennheiser momentum, Shure 215
>>
>>60281414
triode tubes have transfer function characteristic which is more suitable for audio amplifier design than transfer function of transistor. only V-FET and J-FET can compete to triodes
>>
>>60281480
>I dont have a amp
80 Ohm
>>
>>60270657
k7xx
>>
>>60268908
>HD 800S is a huge improvement over HD 800
No.
>The most important fix is was taming the piercing treble.
Which it only partially succeeds at, which is the only certain thing different sound wise between the two and which isn't the only or even the most important problem in their response in the first place. The upper mid notch preceding the 6 kHz peak is far more problematic imo and its existence causes the treble to be emphasized further.

It's a "sidegrade" as much as I hate that term. Factor in the added price and worse measured distortion figures, it's a downgrade for me.

>>60281414
>or I am missing something?
Not really. Clipping is softer but will still sound like ass if you push the amp like that. Distortion doesn't have to be audible and never should be on a decent design. Using tubes does not mean it is or it isn't, same goes for SS. Topology isn't a performance spec, just like listing componentry used isn't.

Don't go trusting your ears in sighted listening of amps. You won't get any wiser.

>orpheus has 0.01% at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
That's a headphone.
>>
>>60281388
>I thought any decent mobo codec let slone a Modi was transparent

I want this meme to stop.

>>60281414
>What makes you say that?

I was being a bit facetious. Most of their amps are not bad per se, they are just ordinary sounding. You have a budget of $2,000, plenty of other options to explore.

The impression I get from Schiit is they make better DACs than amps.

>But tubes on average operate more non-linear than SS with other characteristics like higher distortion and soft clipping, or I am missing something?

Tube is just a little component in a grand scheme of things so it's extremely silly to label an amp to sound "warm" just because it has one. Pretty sure my old BHSE was the farthest thing from warmth, that thing actually sounded rather bright with insane attack and speed.
>>
why you always recommend 770 but I can't see anyone mentioning 990?
>>
>>60283449
>orpheus
Silly me. Of course it was the amplifier unit they came with, too. However you don't specify a sound pressure level for amplifiers. A number like total THD sampled on a single frequency is extremely limited piece of information. It's equal to those "4 Hz to 47 kHz" -labels on headphone spec sheets except being THD, it's more useless.

>>60283650
Do you think there should be some correlation? They are different headphones. DT990 is far more treble heavy and lacks the sub bass of the DT770. DT770 is closed back and isolates a decent amount which makes it useful for certain applications. The general opinion here seems to be that DT880 is the better open back Beyer. While it too has a big treble peak, it isn't as prominent as on the DT990. DT990 also has much more competition than DT770.
>>
>~300€
>EU
>Xonar Essence STX, could possibly want to switch, dunno to what
> Over ear
>Closed, open for suggestions though
>Very comfortable, long session use
>A bit bassy, but neutral will do. Something fun.
>Old phones: HD555, HD650, HE-350, ATH-AD700

So, I want something fun to use, been using HD650's for 7 years now, so would be nice to try something out.
Maybe 880, 770, 990? T50RP-Mk3? Or to go other end, maybe Grado? I've heard that some Philips are good too(?).
>>
File: UrodRu20161003audiofil_013.jpg (208KB, 1279x915px) Image search: [Google]
UrodRu20161003audiofil_013.jpg
208KB, 1279x915px
>>60283583
>insane attack and speed.
i want this meme to stop
>>
>>60283725
T50rp's are very good but not as nice as the 600/650s. Might be worth a go if you're bored and looking for something different. They look pretty cool at least.
>>
>>60283712
>DT990 also has much more competition than DT770
This.

DT770 might be the best closed under $300, while there are many good options for closed in that price range.
>>
>>60283894
I thought they might be a nice change, you know, then I can switch around etc.
If I'd go with those, do you think Shure HPAEC1540 Ear Pads would be worth getting for them?

Also, are they as hard to drive as some say?
>>
>>60283958
"for open"?
>>
>>60283725
For closed, DT770 will be pretty different from the 650 and has a "fun" sound signature.

For open the DT880 or something from AKG would be a decent complement.
>>
>>60284019
HD6xx, AKG 7xx, DT880, Hifiman if you wanted to go planar.

I'd take any of those over the DT990.
>>
Will probably order the K712 soon, any really bad points about it?
They seem to be a bit bright, fixable by EQ?
>>
Just ordered some VE Monks direct from VE, how long does shipping usually take to the US?
>>
>>60283978
I know that zeos reddit guy recommends those pads but they aren't available from where I live. I tried hm5 pads and they're very comfortable but they reduce the audio quality, mainly because the driver is further away from your ears. I'm sure you're aware of that, but honestly they're not as good as the 600/650 so it's pointless. Buy a completely random closed headphone or iem if you have the desire to buy something new.
>>
>>60284019
Fried, I fucked that up.
>>
>>60284059
i meant that you wanted to write "for open" instead of "for closed" in the second half of your post
but anyway I thought that AKG headphones have no bass
>>
>>60284063
They are really good headphones but the bass is a little sloppy, but nice compared to pretty much all other open headphones if you want strong bass. Besides that, the highs are a pretty harsh, especial on female vocals etc. I fixed that with apo EQ at the time. Great headphones, aesthetic as fuck, and god tier pads.
>>
>>60278435
X2 > HD598 all day every day
>>
I want to convert my old superlux 668bs to closed.
Is there anything I can do to it other than just using tape? Something besides looking like an asshole by gluing coins to it.
>>
>>60284163
Thats basically what i want, thanks.
I just think they are ugly as hell. It would work with the K701 colors, but orange and black, ew.
>>
>>60284293
Pure preference I guess. They are much more subtle in the flesh. At this kind of money it's mostly about the sound and comfort. They're amazing in both those fields.
>>
>>60284200
Superlux HD 669 or Samson SR950. They're the closed 668B's.
>>
anyone know the diameter of Monoprice 9927? I want to buy some memory foam ear tips for them in /csg/
>>
File: mdr.jpg (594KB, 3000x4129px) Image search: [Google]
mdr.jpg
594KB, 3000x4129px
Quick! Someone post a better sub-$100 headphone before I bite the bullet on this meme!!!
>>
>>60285256
Superlux
>>
>>60285256

Asking for a sub $100 headphone recommendation as well. Please don't meme me.
>>
I've got a pair of Fostex TH600s, and the right earcup is getting loose, I've tried to tighten the little bastard screw that holds it to the headband, but it's beyond my comprehension, does anyone have any suggestions? The cup doesn't swivel enough to fit any normal screwdriver in
>>
Hey boys my K240's shit the bed after a recent trip and I'm wondering if I should get another pair of those or if I should try something newer.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-08+at+05.21.31).png (41KB, 910x432px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-08+at+05.21.31).png
41KB, 910x432px
>>60285256
>>60285291
>>
>>60285256
>>60285291
Open: 558, SHP9500, Superlux 668b, Takstar 2050
Closed: XPT100, CB-1, V6, M40x, can find DT770 for $100
>>
>>60285460
Noob here, hold my hand and explain open and closed. What's the difference?
>>
>>60269566
>My understanding is that the Multibit has 24 or so milliseconds of latency due to the custom filter.
Interesting. Source?

Delta-sigma have latency because they need extra samples for the interpolation. The theory is that multibit could actually be faster.
>>
>>60285482
Open sound will leak out and in, so you'll hear the world, and it'll hear what you're listening to.

Closed is the opposite, the sound will be isolated inside the headphones and there'll be some isolation of external noise.
>>
>>60285482
>closed
Isolation (outside vs inside, and inside vs outside) in exchange for sound quality, comfort
>open
Do not drill skull and sound better / price at any price.
>>
>>60285677
>>60285711

Thanks doubles brothers.
>>
>>60275109
oh no
>>
>>60285669
Schiit site says Modi Multibit uses the same filter as multibit Bifrost. Schiit guy said somewhere on SBAF that it's a 9000 tap filter. It's a linear phase filter, so an impulse will show up exactly halfway through that. Modi Multibit upsamples, so internal sample rate should always be 192kHz. 1s/192kHz = 5.2µs per tap. 5.2µs * 4500 taps = 23.4ms delay. That's for the FILTER, mind you. I don't know what latency from the rest of the process is, but I imagine it's nothing much. So roughly 24ms of latency.

>Delta-sigma have latency because they need extra samples for the interpolation.
DS DACs operate in megahertz frequencies. The extra time it takes to do multiple samples is negligible for audio purposes.
>>
>>60283583
>I want this meme to stop.
It's not a meme, it's a fact. And there's evidence to support it. You on the other hand ramble on and on about muh attack and speed. Posters like you do more harm than good.
>>
>>60286172
Christ.

I'm glad I didn't fall for the multibit meme and I got a modi 2 uber instead.
>The extra time it takes to do multiple samples is negligible for audio purposes.
They're still input samples (which aren't MHz but 44.1KHz or whatever the source is) they use more than one of for resampling.

A true 16bit (or more) DAC would be so cool, vs all this filter-based nonsense.
>>
>>60286319
>>60283583
>Most of their amps are not bad per se, they are just ordinary sounding.
Schiit's all about being fair to the source aka being transparent. This is the correct thing to do and what I want from an amp/dac. "ordinary sounding" as in transparent is a good thing. Let the music and your headphones determine the sound, not the hardware in the middle.
>The impression I get from Schiit is they make better DACs than amps.
Their products use plenty of interesting and well performing, high spec'd amp designs. They manage to not be boring, while still targeting transparency.
>>
>>60286387
Regardless of whether Schiit products are transparent or not. Their marketing claims and personal beliefs are that some amps sound better than others, and that some amps have sound characteristics. Maybe they're pretending to have these beliefs to make more money from their target market, or maybe they're retards like the rest of the audiophile community.
>>
>>60286331
>They're still input samples (which aren't MHz but 44.1KHz or whatever the source is) they use more than one of for resampling.
Not sure where you're getting this from.

>A true 16bit (or more) DAC would be so cool, vs all this filter-based nonsense.
DACs need filters, period. Can't accurately reconstruct from samples without bandlimiting. Number of bits doesn't factor in.
>>
>multibit
>muh outdated tech is superior guys!!!
>>
>>60275856
*first real modern setup*
Built speakers, crossovers for a lot of years. My dream job was to be an acoustic engineer growing up, but it became unattainable financially. Worked as a car audio tech for a couple years and won a handful of trophies (inb4 you don't need to know anything to build car stereos. People from competing shops brought their customers cars to me to get their systems tuned regularly).

Haven't dabbled in anything audio related in over ten years and have been happy to get by with cheap earbuds for work and play. I now have a slightly more secluded space for my office and I wanted to get back in touch with my music library.
>>
File: 4L_QnIgPGS8.jpg (615KB, 2712x2131px) Image search: [Google]
4L_QnIgPGS8.jpg
615KB, 2712x2131px
>>60263315
Ground loop
Getting an external sound card MAY fix it, but not in all cases. Check out ground loop isolators.

Mk.2 fag here, I got chinked on the tubes. There's a channel imbalance on certain frequencies, and swapping the driver tubes just makes it sound better/worse, meaning the power tubes might also be fucked. I'll order some tubes soon, in the meanwhile I'll just fuck off. I also have a ground loop issue from my Modi. I can hear my GPU/mouse if I turn the knob enough.
>>
>>60272829
I would have liked you to point to a specific tube design. To head you off, output transformers are not the answer to audio woes.
>resonates from a closed surface I think
Some of that is intentional, the bass port being one instance. Back end can serve as cavity for Helmholtz resonance. Again, wave propagation doesn't have much to do with the bass.
Poor choice of impermeable pads necessary for closed headphones and bass extension.

>>60286331
Their DACs are not designed for real time applications of live recording. Linear phase filters and all that.

>>60286752
Multi-bit is good. Schiit hijacked the usual definition. Just means I have to sift through more prattle in the search engine. Less SNR if you will.
>>
>>60287182
Sorry, I'll fuck off until I can properly review it.
>>
File: extsc.jpg (26KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
extsc.jpg
26KB, 522x522px
Dearest /g/entlement,

I have a horrible EMI buzz in my mic and headphones. I've made a handful of attempts to isolate it but it seems to be an inherent flaw in the construction of my motherboard. Since replacing it seems a little heavy handed I've made considerations to buy either an internal or external sound card or otherwise a USB DAC. I was wondering if anyone had experience handling this sort of issue who might be of assistance in selecting an option for this.
>>
File: 16203337.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
16203337.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>Where do you get FLAC files from?
>Do you listen to FLAC exclusively?

I have a Dire straits discography in FLAC from a torrent site. And that's it.
>>
>>60275109
Lol I've been looking at getting some of them for a while, the packaging honestly makes me wanna get some even more.
>>
>>60287386
see
>>60287182
>>
>>60287513
>ground loop isolators
That wouldn't work with a mic would it?
>>
HD598 are pretty underwhelming in terms of audio quality but boy are they comfy
Cant wait to go deeper into the whole
>>
>>60284433
Geeze thanks for nothing anon
>>
>>60287386
What you posted would work and its cheapest.
>>
>>60287875
I mean it's a much more straight forward alternative than hacking away at $40 Chink phones and cheaper.
>>
>>60287444
/ss/
>>
>>60286580
>Not sure where you're getting this from.
You can't interpolate from a single sample -_-
>>
>>60287924
I'm more concerned with quality, truthfully. I'm afraid of dealing with excessive coloration or buying something cheap and ending up with another buzz. On the other end of things I don't want to buy a "Gaming X-fi Xtreme Assfuck" and have to deal with built-in features and forced to install shitty drivers. Looking over at HeadFi they don't have much for input on them, though Creative ESCs seem reasonably popular. Any recommendations yourself?
>>
>>60286752
>>muh outdated tech is superior guys!!!
Outdated would be if it was 14bit or something. Ultimately, Delta-sigma is a cop out.
>>
>>60287927
No it isnt. I already have them and dont use them, I dont need yet another pair. Plus I only paid $20 for them with my good boy points. It'd also take like a month for new chinkphones to arrive. With that time and and for less money I could just make a new shell.
>>
>>60287858
>but boy are they comfy
That they are.
>HD598 are pretty underwhelming in terms of audio quality
As compared to? After how many days of use? Properly amped? (yes, for these headphones it does matter)
>Cant wait to go deeper into the whole
I got myself some HD600 recently after years of HD598. Massive improvement.
>>
>>60287938
/ss/?
>>
>>60288012
1 day in, no amp but its gets more than loud enough on my machine. Ill try playing music through my AV receiver if it makes any difference
>>
>not listening to "best of" compilations
>>
Redpill me on 432Hz
Why do they))) insist on 440?
>>
Considering building a bottlehead crack because
>muh toobs + hd 600
How bad a fuck up would this be? I already have an O2 so this would be to get something that sounds different in general.
>>
>>60288096
People exaggerate how much tubes change the sound, it's not as apparent as you might think.
>>
>>60288096
It would probably make it a hair warmer because of the 120 ohm output impedance. Not really worth the trouble. Just use an EQ if you want different sounds, kid.
>>
>>60287969
Off the top of my head I can only remember the Behringer UCA202 but I dont think it has mic input. it just lets you listen to yourself. I dont know what else you can do for mics besides audio interfaces.
>>
>>60288126
>EQing a $50 Amazon amp to sound like a $5000 German tube amp
o am i laffin
>>
>>60263063
>sennfags
>still bitching about anime on an anime image board
seems about right
>>
>>60263063
Anime website.
>>
>>60263058
That was the one I saw that nigger wear. Hideous irl
>>
>>60287833
There are some, but you should just follow the other guy's advice. If you still get noise even after getting an external system, then yes you need an isolator.
>>
>>60287971
yikes.
>>
>>60288029
It's not a matter of loudness.

These headphones have very pronounced difference in impedance across frequency, which results on them sounding radically different with and without amp.

I have HD598 and know this very well. Any amp will work as they're not particularly power hungry, but they'll sound terrible without one.
>>
>>60288814
>but they'll sound terrible without one.
of course they would, with no amp it won't have any volume!

it's wonderful that all modern devices have built in amps that can power them to sufficient volumes
>>
>>60288814
>listen to hd558 out of mobo
>uneven impedance across frequencies literally make it sound like shit
>plug into discrete amp
>the impedance unevenness is still there
>thankfully, the response feedback circuit detects them and the amp selectively boosts the frequencies as necessary to achieve the best possible sounds
>>
Need recommendations for a CHEAP amp.

Budget: CHEAP as possible.

I'm looking to possibly get an amp, though I'm really not keen on the idea, it feels like a waste of money. I could probably just buy headphones for that kind of money, but I wanted to get some ideas on pricing and quality.
>>
>>60288139
I'll sell you that $50 amp for $5500 and do it on Head-Fi. Surely it sounds like better.

>>60288126
The Zout's effect on FR is something an equalizer fixes. Amp can sound different in other ways too which is not always something you can touch with an equalizer.

>>60288814
I'm not sure what you mean by amp and no amp but only the output impedance matters. Mobile phone will drive them fine. If you have an equalizer you can reverse the result of low damping and the issue is gone.
>>
>>60289873
Forget about amps.

HD-681
>>
>Budget
$250 AU
>Location
Australia
>Source
Audio jack
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy enough to use for 3-6 hours
>Sound signature
Bright/Treble
>Past headphones
superluxhd681,garbage

I was looking at the dt 990s,but I don't have enough for an amp if I were to buy the 990.
Any other similar headphones?
>>
File: 1488841895683.jpg (112KB, 555x514px) Image search: [Google]
1488841895683.jpg
112KB, 555x514px
>missed the dt 990 sale
>>
>>60290053
MSR7 is fairly treble-centric
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-MSR7GM-Over-Ear-High-Resolution-Headphones-MSR7-/191910921124?hash=item2caec843a4:g:U-4AAOSwgY9XdhRz
>>
>>60289999
>Mobile phone will drive them fine.
It will.
A non-amped computer output will however sound horrible.
>>
>>60290053
HD599, k702, HD598.
>>
>>60290009
I've been eyeing the 681 and 662, but I'm worried about the volume and treble.

This isn't gonna be like Sennheiser, where everyone says "it's loud enough", because it's actually not loud at all and they're covering for it, is it?

And I'm not gonna put them on to find out that they produce ear splitting amounts of treble, right?

Also looking at some Philips ones.
>>
>>60265862
>(if Indoanon is to be believed).
he isn't
>>
>>60280820
>especially since it's fully differential from the DAC section to headphone output.
why do you hype up product features you don't understand you pseudo-engineer
>>
>>60285957
Dw, they work fine!
>>
File: IMG_0170.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px

Budget: 30 $
Requirement: Must be over the ear, something like pic related in terms of sound quality

>>
>>60291451
>Location
>India
POO IN LOO
>>
>>60277938
its shit. get a geek out v2+ on the used market. much more neutral, dynamic, and resolving
>>
>>60287971
>Outdated would be if it was 14bit or something. Ultimately, Delta-sigma is a cop out.
This information is useless trivia.
>>
>>60288917
tfw i fell for the O2 meme and it didn't sound different enough compared to my motherboard with a hd 650. The bass was the same if anything it was weaker and and the extension was the same.
>>
>>60290219
i don't like tremble of my shp9500. brightness ruins shitty retro games audio.
>>
>>60291798
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>60291768
Should have gotten a Magni2...
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.