[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so sick of this bitch being shoved in my face everywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: ada-lovelace-20825279-1-402.jpg (284KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ada-lovelace-20825279-1-402.jpg
284KB, 1200x1200px
I'm so sick of this bitch being shoved in my face everywhere.

"Redpill" me on Ada Lovelace. Was she really the "first programmer"? Was she really that innovative, or was Babbage the real innovator? Is she worthy of all the worship she gets, or is it fundamentally a product of ***GIRLS CAN CODE TO!!!***?
>>
based polbro...
>>
>>60214869
She never existed. The entire thing was a hoax by the KGB in the 70s.

Ever notice how there's no photos of her?
>>
>>60215029
fug
>>
>>60214869
goto
>>>/r9k/
hate women threads and never come back again you angry virgin.
>>
>>60214869
Babbage wrote programs for his machines himself long before Ada entered the picture.

Ada translated an article about the computer at some point, and a program for the machine was included in some notes that were appended to the translated article. That's all we know about her "programming" afaik.
>>
>>60215145
With that said, she was an interesting woman nontheless. She was Lord Byron's daughter and only legitimate child.

She learned some nontrivial math and corresponded with some famous people. She called her work "poetical science", make of that what you want. She might have been the best female mathematician of her generation though, I can't think of anyone else who was noteworthy at the time.
>>
>>60215227
>> She might have been the best female mathematician of her generation though, I can't think of anyone else who was noteworthy at the time.

Sophie Germain was better. She died when Ada was 15, so they were contemporary but the times during which they were active probably didn't overlap.
>>
>>60215092
Shut up white knight. The degree to which she is thrown in everyone's face all the time is irritating and made me suspicious about her actual contributions to the field. She was obviously an intelligent and interesting woman, but I wanted to know if the hype was fully justified
>>
>>60214869
Of course not, it's all a ruse created by the Jews to keep the incels down. Faggot.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60215345
Nice strawman. The answer I got there was actually substantive:

>Charles Babbage designed the machine that Ada Lovelace (allegedly) wrote the first machine code for. If the analytical engine had been built, it would have been the first turing complete machine. Now, Ada Lovelace was smart and educated. She was likely more mathematically proficient than most people on /pol/, so the writing of the code was probably not beyond her ability. However, there is no evidence that she ever wrote the code she is supposed to have written. In fact, most evidence seems to suggest she was only offering her input on code/instruction sets written by someone else. There is also no evidence that the code supposed to have been written by Lovelace was the first. In fact, most scholars consider it unlikely that Babbage didn't write the first code himself. He was the one who designed the machine after all, and was a far more capable mathematician than Lovelace.

If this is true, then my suspicions were true; the hype about how "the world's first programmer was a girl!!!" is blown out of proportion. Doesn't mean she was an idiot or fraud, or that there's some conspiracy
>>
File: Sophie_age14.jpg (25KB, 360x334px) Image search: [Google]
Sophie_age14.jpg
25KB, 360x334px
>>60215261
Sophie Germain was a real QT. And her work is both well documented and objectively very impressive.

It's sad that you don't hear about her more compared to other much more mediocre female scientists. Then again, maybe it's for the better that she isn't lumped with the other hyped up feminist icons.
>>
>>60215092
Not OP and I've never seen anything about this woman before but now I'm mad because of this post.
What should I do?
>>
>>60215327
>he roast me so i must call him a white knight.
You delusional faggot. Get a life.

This guys always the ones who talking about how they hate womes so much and also they are know as "beta orbiters"
>>
>>60215843
Yeah, no. Living in Sweden, the sheer volue of PC worship of "female contributors" to field X in academia is maddening. Some women get hyped up to meme level and this is mostly independent of how good they actually were.

Ada Lovelace was a smart woman and very likely did write non-trivial programs, but the truth is that we don't have much direct evidence of her work related to the difference engine, we just have a few notes and we don't know if she wrote the programs in those notes. We also know from her correspondance that she fixed a bug in one of Babbages programs at some point.
>>
File: blaise-pascal.png (546KB, 834x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blaise-pascal.png
546KB, 834x1080px
>>60214869
You can tell them that the first coder ain't Ada, but is Blaise. Please anon join the Blaise Pascal defense force and stop those lies about Ada.

By the way, I have great respect for Ada but Blaise is da first.
>>
>>60214869
>The first anything of a subjective title
>>
>>60215029
Wow truly the most crimson of pills...

based polbro dropping the knowledge
>>
ITT: angry /pol /tard redditors get triggered when they realize that they're not special snowflakes for being able to program
>>
File: 1483068766361.jpg (182KB, 978x972px) Image search: [Google]
1483068766361.jpg
182KB, 978x972px
>>60214869
>being this much of an angry virgin
>>
the truth is likely in the middle.
>>
>>60216855
I don't got to /pol/ or reddit and neither do I program, yet I'm mad as fuck.
How do I stop being ultra-sensitive? Please help.
>>
File: 1351549042411.gif (1014KB, 490x138px) Image search: [Google]
1351549042411.gif
1014KB, 490x138px
>tfw you realize that /g/ is full of white knight faggots
>>
where did all the women in math and computing go?
>>
>>60217790
India
>>
>>60215092
Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>60217860
>>60217296
>tfw /g/ is the only board that kept the edgy underage attitude
Even this much of old 4chan doesn't exist on other major boards.
What went right?
>>
File: vc-copy-640x361.jpg (29KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
vc-copy-640x361.jpg
29KB, 640x361px
>>60217907
Who knows?
>>
>>60215092
What's funny is /g/ is leddit tier and you can smell it in comments like this. Kill yourself, you do not belong here.
>>
>>60217296
Hahaha, pussy-whipped faggots btfo
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.