[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listen up you useless mods. If you are going to send desktop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: C-VfhqlWsAI4iq-.jpg (63KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
C-VfhqlWsAI4iq-.jpg
63KB, 500x631px
Listen up you useless mods. If you are going to send desktop threads to /wg/, then I will need you to also clean up these threads which are EVEN LESS RELEVANT to /g/ than desktop threads were.

ptg >>>/t/
wt >>>/fa/
hpg >>>/mu/
Any hardware tests with a gaming benchmark or Linusposting >>>/v/

Why would you rid us of GNU/Linux desktops, but leave watches?
>>
I think battlestation threads should go to >>>/p/. A photo of a desk in a room isn't technology, it's just photography.
>>
>>60181770
I'm conflicted because the room is an extension of the things we use. What if it was full of linux/bsd swag and servers?
>>
wonder if this is autosaging from the "desktop thread" filter
>>
lmao it is
>>
File: 1490651555923.png (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490651555923.png
1MB, 720x720px
>>60181835
>>60181853
Literally a word filter? I'll re-create if I have to, it's time to drain the /g/ swamp.
>>
>>60181920
any thread with the words "desktop" and "thread" consecutively gets autosaged. if you repost, make sure you use a "/g/ related" image and mention that, as per hiro, every board is allowed to have one meta thread
>>
>>60181950
This is grape-kun, a personification of the users here and a descendant of the Linux mascot.
>>
File: downloadfile-6.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-6.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>60181742
>mods actually move the threads to these boards
>who's laughing now, nigga?
>>
>>60181742
so what, that leaves us with consumertard threads?
There are close to no threads about tech here anyway
/g/ is just /v/'s shopping basket at this point
>>
>>60182749
he's not saying that, he's saying that if one goes they all should go
this is very biased and leaves a lot of not really related tech stuff on the board while removing actual tech threads just because a mod doesn't like them
>>
>>60182763
the desktop threads were a better part of this board's culture than any of the consumer cancer

I think being selective with what you throw away is better than taking the all or nothing approach
>>
>>60182807
i agree, and the op does too
what he's trying to say is that the mods are obviously just biased against desktop threads, because none of those other threads should even be here and yet they get to stay
>>
>>60182817
I understand but don't give the shitty mods ideas otherwise they might flush the last remaining good parts of this board down the shitter
>>
>>60182932
none of those threads are good though
aside from /ptg/ those are literally the consumertard threads you seem to hate
>>
>>60182946
I don't want them to remove the good from the bad. hpg and tpg for example have more valuable tech related content than the consumer threads about itoys and GPUs that devolve to shit flinging immediately
>>
>>60182749
>>60182763
Intel/ryzen/gaming goes to /v/ which cuts out all consumerism except smartphones which can stay until I find a better home, at least they have a containment general.

But we keep programming threads, GNU/Linux and BSD discussion and everything else relevant. We are purging the irrelevant noise to make it easier to find the gems.
>>
>>60182946
We already have a board for torrents, why is ptg here? See my original post, they are not technology, they are hoarders.
>>
>>60183206
ishit needs a containment general but I don't think there is enough of a following to keep it going at this point

that would cut down on so much garbage
>>
>>60183224
I didn't say it belonged here, I said it wasn't consumer trash like the others
>>
>>60183231
macOS is UNIX, its more tech related than most of the other threads here
>>
>>60183233
Fair enough.
>>
bump. also fuck the mods
>>
>>60183264
This cannot be bumped, apparently "desktop thread" in my OP is autosaging.

Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>60183245
consumertard lifestyle device threads are not talking about macOS UNIX origins

99% of it is mindless shit flinging and the 1% that tries to properly talk about tech elements gets covered in the shit

macOS UNIX roots is such a niche topic lacking regular discussion here that it could be consolidated into the GNU/Linux thread and still be discussed properly
>>
>>60183271
If there is such a popular demand for desktops on gee just rename it to whatever doesn't autosage

the mod cancer will give up on it if it's a regularly maintained general after a while

how do you think watches got a root here?
>>
>>60183313
The new cover is "screenfetch threads", I don't mind if desktop threads go to /wg/, I just think that mods should be consistent rather than arbitrarily selecting what stays and goes when there is so much off topic garbage here- desktop threads are much more relevant than watches. So pick a side mods.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.