[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seriously considering moving to iOS. I'm tired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: s-l400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
I'm seriously considering moving to iOS. I'm tired of shitty security, clashing design languages, lack of customer service, lag, fragmentation, bloatware, and waiting 3 years for updates.
But I don't really want an iPhone. I like headphone jacks, default apps and webms.

Talk me out of it, /g/.
>>
google pixel
>>
>>60028742
Also, iMessage seems like a huge plus. Android doesn't really seem to have a good unified messaging app.

Kik and WhatsApp suck and Hangouts is too clunky. Allo could've been something beautiful, but Google botched it.
>>
>>60028753
Not OP but that shit show when they announced the Pixel in October was when I decided to switch to iPhone
>>
>webms
>basing your purchasing decisions on a meme format used exclusively by 4chins
>>
>>60028742
OK, so either get a Pixel or buy an iPhone and Googlify the hell out of it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492701220990.jpg (56KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492701220990.jpg
56KB, 720x960px
>>60028742
>Doesn't want bloat ware
>Wants useless iOS apps he can't delete cluttering his screen or having a dedicated folder just for useless apps
>Wants app icons for shit like a fucking keyboard
>No quick charging so your phone charges as slow as your average cricket trap phone
>>
>>60028761
Other than not paying for picture messages, iMessage is nothing special. I will agree there should be a unified Android messenger of some sort. All the different stock messengers for Android have varying levels of suck.
>>
>>60028798
You can delete(hide) most of the stock apps now.
iPhone have a unadvertised very basic version of quick charging...you can use an ipad charger which has higher output and will charge an iphone faster. Also, my iPhone 7 fairly quickly even with the stock charger. It will get most of a full charge in around 2 hours...sure thats not 15min...but it doesnt take all night either.
>>
>>60028798
>>Doesn't want bloat ware
Yes, that's correct.
>>Wants useless iOS apps he can't delete cluttering his screen or having a dedicated folder just for useless apps
You can delete those apps now.
>>Wants app icons for shit like a fucking keyboard
This is a problem but not a dealbreaker
>>No quick charging so your phone charges as slow as your average cricket trap phone
My Android phone doesn't have quick charging anyway. I'll be used to it.
>>
You have to install and use iTunes....
>>
>>60028896
No you dont.
>>
>>60028761
Wait for new Nokia 6
>>
>>60028896
Only if you sync with your PC.
>>
>>60028896
Not true, by the way.
iCloud is a thing.
>>
>>60028896
This hasn't been true since 2009
>>
>>60028774
>used exclusively by 4chin
Good customer...
>>
>>60028753
>>60028766
Why was it a shitshow? Why did that make you switch?
I think I like the Pixel.
>>
>>60028742
>Talk me out of it, /g/.
Consider lobotomy.
>>
I was in your position. Was annoyed by the shitty options and research the average person had to do to find the best Android phone, or at least find the least shitty one. When you pick an iPhone you are always picking a flagship-tier phone with no compromises. Sure they may not pack fancy features like quadHD screens and 6gb of RAM, but there is still no Android phone that can beat the iPhone 6S/SE in raw speed. Opening apps is so buttery smooth and all of them are retained in RAM so seamlessly.

Get an iPhone, you won't regret it. You will receive updates for many years to come, you won't be relegated to using Sandeep's XDA roms in order to flash the latest firmware on your phone, you won't need weekly security patches for random exploits. Looks like the iPhone 6S is right up your alley. It has a headphone jack, and you can buy Merlin browser to view webm's while browsing 4chan. The default apps thing is kinda lame though
>>
>>60028798
if you always quick charge your battery turns to shit in a year.
although it's nice to have a choice.
if phones still came with replaceable batteries it would be more useful.
>>
Those reasons are why I'm on iOS. I used to try android every couple of years. I don't use google for privacy reasons so that removes one layer of functionality. And trying to look up information on the OS is impossible because there are too many implementations.

I tried a blackphone for a year but that ended up sucking too.
>>
>>60028742
iPhone SE
>headphone jack
>not huge
>released just over a year ago
>if you put on battery saving mode while charging, its done within 2 hours.
>literally unbreakable
>>
Just fuck off you stupid cunt and delete your utterly pointless shitpost.

>hurrdurr i dont want this or the other one help me \gee\
>>
>>60029089

I really want one just because of the 4" screen.

Fuck this large phone trend.
>>
Just buy Blackberry.
>>
File: overhyped_shit.png (19KB, 479x197px) Image search: [Google]
overhyped_shit.png
19KB, 479x197px
>>60028950
They overhyped the fuck out of the shitty reveal of the Pixel.

The actual livestream if you saw it was just unplanned amateur shit straight out of fucking India. The thing abruptly ended and all you got out of it was that "Google Assistant is the future".

...Look. Yeah, it was impressive back when they first demoed Google Now years ago, but it's not impressive anymore. I don't use this shit, I don't use voice recognition shit like Siri.

So what does the Pixel do? It replaces the Nexus line with iPhone-tier priced phones for the mainstream. I'm thinking, "At this point, why don't I just get an iPhone?"

I had a 6P before. I still can't justify getting a Pixel. Every advantage it has is in the camera/performance/appearance. All things that the new iPhones also have. It's literally the iPhone Copy (From Google).

Also, I still can't emulate a Pixel AVD in Android Studio. It's not the developer phone anymore, and fine, Google can do that. But did they have to also sabotage the Nexus brand so *everyone* is forced to buy the shitty Pixel phone?

Like they aren't even doubling down like Samsung and adding extra shit that would make it better than an iPhone. It's even worse than the 6P because they got rid of the dual speakers. The only advantage the Pixel has is the camera. Is that enough? Hell no, try again when the Pixel 2 is out.
>>
>>60028742
>I like headphone jacks, default apps and webms.
Use the dongle, install the apps, sideload Fortune.

>But I don't really want an iPhone.
Then don't get one?
>>
>>60029290
I feel you my niqqa the inconsistency of androids design is making me want to switch too. I started saving up to get this year's iPhone since it's probably going to get rid of the fuckhueg bezels (honestly I find bezels the only thing to complain about in iPhones)
>>
What is with the Iphone cucksucking. They are nice dumbphones but they have flaws such as

- Needs Third party and jailbreak to be fully functional os with basic useable feature.
-App store payware and a shitload of restriction, and need to use good internet connectiion to be functional
- Horrific File Transfer and external Storage options
-You can't update and still be jailbroken at the same time.
-Iphone because useless bricks after it stops getting updates and lost compatibility with modern apps.

Hardware they have problems such as...

-Inferior Battery/charging technology
- Inferior Camera to most Flagship Android
-Vastly inferior Display technology
- Taking years implementation features like water resistance screens.
>>
>I'm tired of shitty security
And you think moving to iOS is going to fix that? Mate, how do you think iOS jailbreaks come about? It's because your OS is an insecure shitpile and is full of arbitrary code execution vulnerabilities.

>clashing design languages
???

>lack of customer service
Why do you want customer service? You shouldn't be on this board if you're the kind of person who needs customer service, especially for a fucking smartphone OS.

>lag
Try buying a current generation phone.

>fragmentation
>bloatware
>waiting 3 years for updates
Stop buying from shitty mainstream companies like Samsung.

Really, here's my recommendation: Get a Oneplus 3T, install Lineage OS, and no, you don't need customer service.
>>
>>60029468
>And you think moving to iOS is going to fix that? Mate, how do you think iOS jailbreaks come about? It's because your OS is an insecure shitpile and is full of arbitrary code execution vulnerabilities.

So is every other OS, but at least iPhones get regularly patched over a support lifecycle of 5 years, while Android phones get little to no vendor support.
>>
>>60029397
>>60029468
Retards >>>/out/

iOS is a perfectly fine option. You don't have to jailbreak your phone for it to be "barely usable". The only difference between iOS and Android is that one is open-source and the other is closed. That's all. The average person doesn't even give a shit about that in the first place, and OP seems like someone who fits into the "average person" category. It's not like one is objectively better than the other. Get your heads out of your asses.
>>
>>60029468
>>clashing design languages
>???
Material Designs implementation has been spotty at best. And what's worse, manufacturers like LG and Samsung think it's their job to implement their OWN design languages on top of Android. The result is a visually inconsistent, tacky mess of an OS.
>>
>>60029397
Try harder, Pajeet.
>>
>>60029512

Just flash the latest LineageOS every week. That'll keep you up to date on security.

>>60029533

There's a reason they call it a jailbreak -- iOS is literally a fucking jail. You can't even get a fucking file browser without jailbreaking.
>>
>>60029548
Holo is still my favorite Android design
>>
>>60029397
>- Needs Third party and jailbreak to be fully functional os with basic useable feature.
Not true, by the way. iOS is fine for 99% of people who aren't sperglords obsessed with using their phones as desktops.
>-App store payware and a shitload of restriction, and need to use good internet connectiion to be functional
I honestly don't even know what the fuck this even means. First of all, why are you buying a smartphone if you plan on only using it offline, anyway? The app store is fine; most of the apps are free to use. The only difference is that you can't pirate paid apps with iOS without jailbreaking. That's stealing.
>- Horrific File Transfer and external Storage options
I'll give you this one, but most people don't even use external storage anyway.
>-You can't update and still be jailbroken at the same time.
So? You don't NEED to update your goddamn phone.
>-Iphone because useless bricks after it stops getting updates and lost compatibility with modern apps.
The iPhone 5 is still being updated to this very day, which is longer than can be said for any Android device. And it's still compatible with most apps. It's fine.
>Hardware they have problems such as...
>-Inferior Battery/charging technology
Sure, that's true.
>- Inferior Camera to most Flagship Android
No. The iPhone's camera is legendary. The only one that surpasses it is the Pixel. Most flagship phones have amazing cameras, anyway. Unless you're doing professional photography from your fucking phone, it's a pissing contest at this point.
>-Vastly inferior Display technology
True.
>- Taking years implementation features like water resistance screens.
(Meanwhile, the Pixel still isn't Water resistant.)

At least stop pretending the iPhone is entirely unusable without jailbreaking. It's fine.
>>
>>60029570
>Just flash the latest LineageOS every week. That'll keep you up to date on security.

>relying on a community of hobbyists to secure your phone

No thanks.

Also are there any current Android phones with similar hardware-based encryption and security features like the iPhone's Secure Enclave?
>>
>>60029533
I don't have issue with people who want to use IOS. I have issue with IOS who pretend their phones have zeros flaws and think that the only legitmate reason to use Android is due to low budget.
>>
>>60028742
Do it faggot.
>>
>>60028742
>phones
>security
kek
>>
>>60029570
You're right. iOS is the worst abomination the human race has ever created. It is God's only mistake in an otherwise perfect universe. iOS is nothing but downsides as far as the eye can see and anyone who buys an iPhone is literally Hitler and Satan's love child. Praise DuARTe.
Happy now?

>>60029591
Holo is a tacky shitshow and should be made illegal. Material Design overhaul when
>>
>>60029570
>Just flash the latest LineageOS every week.
Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? What normal person has time for that shit?
>>
>OP mentions the mere possibility of buying an iPhone
>4chan devolves it into an autistic shit throwing party
Every time.
>>
File: macbook-pro-oled-display.jpg (128KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-oled-display.jpg
128KB, 1024x576px
Welcome aboard OP. it's about time you wised up
>>
File: oMYp3dD.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oMYp3dD.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>if you value customisability (custom launchers, the ability to root pretty much any phone on any version, custom rom support in some cases) over consistency choose Android

>if you value consistency (updates, security, speed, huge app selection, lovely integration with other Apple devices) over customisability choose iOS

I could go on with pros and cons for each platform everyday, but in the end the point is that it comes to personal preference.
>>
>>60029786
man, gotta say with a phone consistency has to come first. how could it not?
>>
>>60028742
>I'm gay now
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>60029630
I have both an iPhone 7 Plus and Oneplus 3 and agree with you completely. Im glad I decided to get the 7 Plus after being on android for so long.
I had the 4S when it first came out and loved it, but was pulled in by the galaxy s5 by all its "features" when it released. Good phones androids are nonetheless, but they still need some catching up to do for my autistic needs.
>>
>>60029630
>iOS is fine for 99% of people who aren't sperglords

truer words have never been spoken
>>
>>60029468
Your faggot trip invalidates everything you said. Every post I see from you is just shitting on Apple.

>Really, here's my recommendation
Anyone who takes any advice from a tripfag deserves to be shot.
>>
>>60029630
>Not true, by the way. iOS is fine for 99% of people who aren't sperglords obsessed with using their phones as desktops.
Why do you come to a fucking chinese imageboard to brag to everybody that your social status? Anywho, Smartphone were literally made to be a desktop in your pocket.

>First of all, why are you buying a smartphone if you plan on only using it offline,
It comes handy when you travel internationally or out of coverage. It's not like Iphone have useful features like dual sim, you know. Also, you realize that it's sometimes more easier to transfers files through USBs then from bullshit like Icloud?

>The app store is fine; most of the apps are free to use.
Vast majority is paidware for most third apps. Appstore tends restrictions like being regional locked.

>The only difference is that you can't pirate paid apps with iOS without jailbreaking.
And I don't need pirateware because I get FOSS apps that Appstore won't service.

> You don't NEED to update your goddamn phone.
So you just to pretend that Jailbreaking Iphone doesn't have flaws?

>The iPhone 5 is still being updated to this very day, which is longer than can be said for any Android device.
When the Iphone stops getting updates, they lose compatibility and become a useless brick. You can still use Samsung Galaxy SII, you can't use Iphone 3 or Iphone 4s on modern apps.

>No. The iPhone's camera is legendary. The only one that surpasses it is the Pixel.
Bullshit. Samsung S7 had a better camera, Samsung S8 had even better Camera. You don't need a Iphone for Camera quality.

>(Meanwhile, the Pixel still isn't Water resistant.)
Samsung, and Sony had that feature for fucking years.

>At least stop pretending the iPhone is entirely unusable without jailbreaking. It's fine.
I have an issue with the Icult's blind worship of their phone. I don't necessarily think the iphone is bad.
>>
>>60028742
Just get the 6s if a headphone jack is that important. You can watch webms, iOS has vlc.
>>
>>60029880
>Smartphone were literally made to be a desktop in your pocket
Stopped reading right there; no, smartphones weren't made to be a desktop in your pocket since they're not intended for some actual desktop-class usage (e.g video editing)
Smartphones were intended to be your everyday companion, the device that brings you the internet and media consumption on the go.
>>
>>60029880
>chinese imageboard
Sweetie...
>>
>>60029880
It's time to stop.
>>
>>60029918
Basic shit like a File Manager, wired file Transfers, a browser that can open .webm are not "desktop" class feature. Iphone and Apple does not decide what people want, you retard. Your brainwash to think this because Iphone does not have those features.
>>
File: rms.jpg (31KB, 610x400px) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
31KB, 610x400px
>>60028742
Do not listen to paid shills. Apple has excellent advertising. I had an iPhone 6 and it turned into a lagfest after one major upgrade version. I've used a lot of smartphones and I've found that a Nexus, Pixel, or OnePlus phone with a custom ROM is the best mobile experience you can get. Lineage OS will give you weekly updates and is extremely stable.

Poorfag option: Buy a used Nexus 5 and install an LG G2 batter in it (requires soldering, not that hard), then install Lineage OS. I use this because I just like the feel of the Nexus 5. You can get the phone, a charger, the replacement battery, and soldering iron and other tools for less than $200.

Good but overpriced: Buy a Google Pixel. It's a good phone with an excellent stock ROM and basically just works, but is as expensive as an iPhone.

Best value: OnePlus 3T. It has the best hardware and has Lineage OS support just like the last two devices. I'll be buying a OnePlus when my Nexus 5 breaks.

>>60029042
>Get an iPhone, you won't regret it.
Until it gets touch disease or the updates turn it into a snail.
>>
>>60030001
Be honest; are you making deliberate attempts to sound like a retard?

>muh everyone who uses an iPhone is brainwashed
Get over yourself.
>>
>>60030001
>a browser that can open .webm
You mean Chrome?
You don't have to use Safari.
>>
>>60029682
Someone under 18 who lives at home and has no social life.
>>
>>60028742
Buy a refurb iPhone 5s.
>>
>>60028742
It's not that hard. Buy an iPhone, use it for a year, see if you like it. If you do, good. If you don't, fine, get another phone. Simple. It's a matter of personal preference.

>>60029397
>>60029468
>>60029570
>>60029807
>>60029880
>>60030001
Flamboyantly underage.

>>60029786
>>60030041
Reasonable.
>>
>>60029089
>>if you put on battery saving mode while charging, its done within 2 hours.

Kek
My galaxy s6 goes to 80% in half an hour

Seriously OP stop buying cheap chink phones and get a samsung
>>
>>60032047
And goes back to 0% in an hour
>>
>>60032308

If you have shitty childrens games running in the background nothing will save you
>>
>>60032336
iOS doesn't have this problem
>>
>>60032348

Ur mum does tho
>>
>>60032410
Enjoy the S6 dude (lol)
>>
>>60032455

Enjoy your buttsex
>>
Posting from iPhone 5 running latest iOS update. Shit is cash!
>>
File: image.jpg (314KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314KB, 750x1334px
>>60028742
Ifag 6 here waiting for my S8+ i got this phone becsuse had to swap for personal reasons and let me tellyou its the most shittedt device i ever used its no differnet than a iphone 4 i cant wait to get back on andriod

Also if you arnt a fucking idiot you would now how to slove the lagdriod outdated choppy memes dumbass
>>
My Nexus 5x has none of those problems. You literally have several Google phones to choose from.
>>
>>60032495
Don't worry I do. ;)
>>
>>60032522
Are you memeing or is the keyboard on that phone that bad?
>>
>>60032547

;^)
>>
File: image_2.jpg (17KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
17KB, 300x232px
>>60028742
Holy fuck, maximum bait.
>>
>>60032522
It's 10:51 nowhere in the world right now

Nice try junior
>>
>>60032047
>paying real money for a Samsung phone.
wew.

>paying real money for a phone that has a non removable battery.
wewew
>>
>>60028742
iPhones lag after a year just like Android phones do. There's nothing you can do about it and unlike Android phones, it's also impossible to roll back updates or use a custom rom to hopefully improve performance. If you updated your iPhone 6 to iOS 10, too bad, your $500 phone is now a laggy paperweight.

That's not to say Android isn't also shit. There's a reason it's called Lagdroid. But at least you can fucking hack the shit out of one and put your favorite THEMED-DEBLOATED-ZIPALIGNED-DEODEXED PajeetROM on it. I have a 2013 Moto G with Nougat as a spare phone, and while it's not perfect, it's also not bad at all and would be perfectly usable if necessary. Can you say the same for an iPhone 5S on iOS 10?

Not to mention Android can get ad blocking, emulators, 4chan apps, and anything else you want. Android free apps are better than iOS free apps - everything worthwhile on iOS is paid.
>>
>>60032703
>iPhones lag after a year just like Android phones do

Nope
>>
File: bait-13.gif (561KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait-13.gif
561KB, 625x626px
>>60028742
>>
>>60032676

S6 costs funny money now
>>
>>60032748
Orly?
>>
>>60032752

Ya rly
>>
>>60032752
You can get a used S6 for under $200 now.

Great camera, super fast, 2K screen, fingerprint scanner. The only downside is no SD card and mediocre battery, but if you do a few tweaks it takes care of the battery issue and you don't really need more than 32 GB.
>>
File: 1492708788854.jpg (85KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492708788854.jpg
85KB, 1024x1024px
>>60032760
>super fast
>TouchJizz

>and you don't really need more than 32 GB.
>>
>>60028742
Well if you struggle with those problems, OP, then you must be a retard worthy of weilding iOS. Go for it.
>>
>>60028742
just get it dude.

I can't fathom someone who would actually use android if they live in western society. I personally don't have new tech buying money so I stay a generation behind. just the other day I picked up an iPhone 6s for $340 Canadian, basically brand new with 30 load cycles on it and apple care until mar 2018.

android is meant to be a pisspoor marketshare dominating OS. its meant for jamals and poorjeetpinders
>>
>>60032632
have you heard of australia you dumb fucking sack of shit american?
>>
>>60032550
Yes i hate this fucking phone so
bad im resisting throwing it againys the wall
>>
>>60032767
With the S8 samsung got rid of touchjizz and got a new ui
>>
>>60028742
The only thing you should worry about is the insecurity of android.
>>
>>60028742
this has to be bait
>>
File: 1375956268713.gif (1007KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1375956268713.gif
1007KB, 300x169px
>>60033447
>reminder you share a board with vermin of this kind
beyond pathetic
>>
>>60028742
First iPhone I ever bought was the 5S and three and a half years later I'm still using it to this day and is just as capable as any flagship out there for all that I use it for.

I despise Apple with their proprietary interfaces because then you are forced to buy expensive adaptors and such but on the other hand I like how they make their products feel 'more' than they actually are with their build quality and UX design.

Personally, I'd suggest staying clear of an iPhone 7 and buy a 6S (if you so choose to go for Apple) or look into Huawei or any other Chinese phones are they're not as bad as people think just because they're cheaper than say the likes of Samsung
>>
>>60034494
caring about security, fragmentation, bloatware, and wanting good design is pathetic? ok. i have that on my iphone without having to do extra work of jailbreaking it
>>
just get a oneplus 3t
>>
"iMessage is nothing special"

T. Fucking retard
>>
>>60029078
I had a Droid turbo 1 for two years and the battery still lasts all day even with bluetooth on. You don't even have to quick charge every time either if you're that paranoid about it fucking your battery. It's just insanely useful to have he ability. I can get like 3 hours of screen time in like 20 minutes. Longer if I'm not constantly fucking with my phone.
>>
>>60034482
for real... how can someone not want a OnePlus 3T or Zuk Z2... i'm literally shaking right now...
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.