/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 7 wifi issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So ive been trying to revive my compaq laptop woth windows 7. Have run through various programs for cleaning, optimizing, virus scanners, etc, all after doing a complete and 100% factory restore. All the while, i have had zero issues with network connectivity.

Today i downloaded a couple free programs, comodo, IObit systemcare, clamwin and cyberghost which is being uninstalled.
Well comodo was having issues with the firewall service. Wifi was becoming shaky then started working fine again.
Restarted the laptop and comodos firewall was working fine, but now i can no longer connect to any wifi. I know its not the wifi itself because im posting this on my phone using said wifi.
Figured maybe its the firewall, so i shut it off and still nothing. Restarted again, and still...nothing. no wifi. Ive had this problem YEARS ago and i dont even know how it got fixed, it just started working again.

Any ideas? "Unplug it and plug it back in" is not what i want to hear. Or else id call comcast.

Thanks guys
>>
>>60025814
install gentoo

>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>60025814
Reinstall Windows again and don't EVER install two different antivirus programs at the same time.
>>
>>60025967
Only reason i did was because indidnt realize comodo was morr than just a firewall. Clamwin sucks anyways i dont like it.
>>
>>60026018
Also, after reinstalling it seemed to have run worse, just didnt crash anymore. Its just now finally able to run with decent speed and i dont have to wait 20 minites for an internet browser to open, so im a little skeptical on reinstalling again
>>
>>60026039
Windows 7 is always really slow while it's checking for updates, and the factory recovery image on that computer is probably 5 years old so the poor updater has thousands of updates to churn through on a slow laptop hard drive.

If you want it to be faster, yous hould reinstall from a clean 7 SP1 disk (burn it on another computer) and then use the full hotfix rollup from Microsoft to get it up to date before connecting to the internet again. I'd also recommend that you get a SSD but you probably don't have any money to.
>>
>>60026108
No money at all. I guess ill reinstall. All that progress feels like it was for nothing now.
>>
>>60026210
If you are still here, you might want to look at some of the offline windows update programs that you can run to bypass the built in windows updater.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.