[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debloating Windows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42KB, 645x484px
Hey /g/
I just built myself a new rig, and since it's pretty capable I'd like to play some vidyas on it. Which means I have to install Windows.Up until now I've been running Ubuntu for quite a while and after installing Win 10 I almost had an aneurysm: anti-virus that is impossible to disable, forced updates, and inability to stop it from sending data microsoft. Is there a good guide to disabling all this shit on a Home edition of Win 10? I like the aesthetics and how snappy it is so I would prefer not to install win 7 if possible. Of course I will install and use Ubuntu as my main OS for productivity, but I would still prefer to keep Windows as clean as possible.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>60010440
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10
>>
If you want Windows 10 to come with nothing then install LTSB N
>>
>>60010440
>Debloating Windows 10
Format disk and install Linux
>>
>>60010520
That certainly sounds interesting. Any downsides to this? I will only be using Win 10 for gaming so as long as it runs Steam and can play games it should be fine.
>>60010539
Have you tried reading my post? I will be using Linux as my main OS, I just need Windows to play games.
>>
>>60010585
Only downside to LTSB is that is doesn't come with the Windows Store and Windows store apps can never be installed on it. So if you wanna play and MS exclusive games you're out of luck. Other than that, no unless you use Edge or something, cause it doesn't come with that either.
>>
File: ideal_.jpg (4MB, 3167x4498px) Image search: [Google]
ideal_.jpg
4MB, 3167x4498px
>>60010440
>Debloating Windows 10

1. Install Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB
2. Install and run OOShutUp (Enable all recommended and "somewhat recommended" settings)
3. Install and run SpybotAntiBeacon. (Immunize and apply all options until all options are marked as blocked and fully immunized)
4. Install npcap and Wireshark. Unplug ethernet cables and disable wireless from your pc. Run Wireshark overnight. Check log in the morning. Rejoice as the log reveals how absolutely internet silent your pc was overnight. Telemetry is kill. Restore ethernet cables and wireless settings. Resume your normal internet activities.
>>
>>60010631
>>60010673
I think you convinced me. Gonna try it out.
>>
>>60010673
>Unplug ethernet cables and disable wireless from your pc. Run Wireshark overnight.

What? Removing ethernet cables will kill your connection outright, resulting in no network traffic because apps won't sense a valid network interface and won't even attempt to send traffic, resulting in nothing showing up in wireshark. lmao
>>
>>60010440
Just go into settings>privacy and turn everything off and you're good
>>
>>60010673
>>60010876
"HAY GUYS DISABLE YOUR NETWORK INTERFACE THEN RUN WIRESHARK TO SEE THAT THERE IS NO NETWORK TRAFFIC! BOTNET DISABLED!! IT'S EZ"
>>
>>60010673
>i use pirated windows
>i install a bunch of other snakeoil shit on top of that
>I'm good f4m!
yeah, no.
>>
>>60010440
>Create a win 7 usb installation
>use intel or amd usb 3 tool to edit usb install to use and install usb 3 drivers
>use usb to install windows 7
>never look back
>>
>>60010440
Friendo you should torrent the Enterprise version. Just downloaded it last night. I can provide the magnet link if you need it. If not, get Blackbird v6. Look it up
>>
>>60010876
>Removing ethernet cables will kill your connection outright, resulting in no network traffic

It doesn't mean there won't be outgoing attempts. Software will still attempt to make a outgoing transmission and fail because it found no internet. Removing the ethernet cable and/or disabling wireless internet adapters will remove the flotsam and jetsam from Wireshark's observation. Then, all you will see in the Wireshark logs is outgoing attempts from your pc. You might be surprised to discover that your hardware (motherboard, video card, etc) actually tries to make outgoing transmissions. However, we are looking for attempts at outgoing transmissions by Windows 10 here. Installing Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB and applying OOShutUp and SpybotAntiBeacon's anti-telemetry settings should result in an internet silent Windows 10 in the Wireshark logs. Feel free to leave your pc connected to the internet if that makes you feel any better. You will just have a messy log to have to filter through to find the Windows 10 transmissions.
>>
Anybody here use blackbird v6? I want to disable it, but i cant figure out how.
>>
>>60010902
>i use booboontoo
>i spend more time reading wiki's and forums to figure out how to sudo than I do actually enjoying my pc
>only to spend even more time reading wiki's and forums to figure out how to unbreak all the things broken after pacman -Syu
>I'm good f4m!
yeah, Windows 10 install takes all of 10 minutes. OOShutUp and SpybotAntiBeacon take a combined 90 seconds to download, install, and apply.
>>
>>60010673
>1. Install Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

How can i get this for free? also how could i change my current Windows 10 pro to this version?
>>
>>60011146
I'm gonna ask for that magnet link. I don't know what is or isn't a botnet download when looking for enterprise N ltsb
>>
>>60011273
http://www.magnetdl.com/file/2941409/windows-10-enterprise-n-2016-ltsb-x86-en-us-feb-2017-gen2/
>>
>>60011313
Aw man. Just realized i turned off my computer before leaving to my grandparents for my grandfather's birthday. I could have been seeding that.
>>
>>60011313
>x86

well, no biggie. I found this instead
http://www.magnetdl.com/file/2999635/windows-10-enterprise-x64-2016-ltsb-multi-20-march-2017-gen2/
>>
>>60010440
Hey /g/
I just built myself a new rig, and since it's pretty capable I'd like to play some vidyas on it. Which means I [message too long click here]
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>60010673
>>60011171
>>60011221
>Wireshark

Wireshark will open up a can of worms for you when it shows you just how noisy your pc really is. (That goes for you too, Linux users). You may be able to turn off all of Windows 10 LTSB's telemetry. Keep in mind that Windows 10 is far from the only thing associated with your pc that sends telemetry. Hardware components send telemetry. Internet browsers send telemetry. Browser add-ons send telemetry. Many other programs send telemetry including many of the programs that are constantly running such as firewalls, gaming softwares, and just about any program that has an icon displayed in the notification area (those icons around your clock in the lower right corner).

We allowed this to happen. Laws will need to be created to stop this behavior. Until then, if you are morally or legally opposed to telemetry, I strongly suggest not buying software or hardware that employs telemetry, complaining to the companies that put telemetry into their products, and use a VPN that respect your expectation of internet privacy and anonymity.
>>
>>60011378
Wtf, this contains bunch of .exes.
Where's ISO? What do exes do? I ain't opening random shit nigga.
>>
>>60012136
>>60011378
Sory for my stupidity actually.
en_US is the ISO. Anyways, does this come preactivated and if not, how do I activate it like with Loader by Daz for Win 7?
>>
>rig
>>
>ant-virus
>>
File: 1492552174459.gif (296KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1492552174459.gif
296KB, 500x346px
>>60010440
>>>/v/
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/trash/
We already know that the Windows 10 image you posted is an identifier for paid shilling. You're not welcome here.
>>
>>60012183
it's from that gen2 faggot, so yes.... More info here:
http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/5541472/Windows+10+Enterprise+X64+2016+LTSB+MULTi-20+March+2017+%7BGen2%7D.html
>>
>>60010876
>run wireshark overnight

why
>>
>>60011378
>torrent
no, just post the microsoft link.
>>
>>60015492
Microsoft's ain't preactivated, son
>>
File: 1492693578119.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492693578119.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>60015449

So that the pc is left untouched with no other apps running other than wireshark, and to allow six or more hours for wireshark to monitor pc's internet activity to see if in that time there was any outgoing transmission to a microsoft server as a way of testing the effectiveness of O&O ShutUp10, Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10, and Blackbird V6's claims to eliminate Windows 10 telemetry.
>>
>>60015599
>insider preview

wow it's nothing
>>
>>60015599
That was debunked long time ago. It's fake.
>>
>>60015520
>wanting your windows to come prepackaged with botnets

we can activate ourselves, thanks.
>>
First off, you want Enterprise of some sort. Normal Enterprise, Education, LTSB, whatever.

Next, you read https://technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/configure/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services and set up policies that suit you in group policy editor (just type "gpedit.msc" in search). Note that you can disable ALL Store apps that way, if you use Enterprise (Computer -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Shop -> Disable all aplications from Shop or how its called in english).

If you want to get rid of unwanted apps and such manually, open PowerShell and list existing apps using command "get-appxpackage" and removing them with "remove-appxpackage *package full name*". There are scripts for that running around the net to speed up things.

And pretty much thats all you can do to debloat Windows 10.

The reason why everybody suggest Enterprise, is because some settings like "security level telemetry" is out of reach for Pro users (Home cant even access group policies).

Oh and about scripts that might modify registry - thats alternative way to get around some settings but you must remember that group policies takes priority over registry now - so if, say, policy about telemetry is defined and with value of, say, 1, adding registry value to 0 would be ignored and final value would be 1.
>>
>>60015703
It's not fake
But this occurs only in Insider Preview versions
>>
>>60010440
why do you think you have to install windows to play vidyas ya fucking moron
>>
>>60016326
Because I want to play new AAA games, not valves 10 year old ones.
>>
File: really.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>60010440
>rig
>vidyas
>Home edition of Win 10
>I like the aesthetics
>would prefer not to install win 7
>prefer to keep Windows as clean as possible

McFucking killyourself pls my man.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.