[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows or Linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x360px
Windows or Linux?
>>
>>59973727
Wangblows, cus muh vidya
>>
stormcloaks
>>
>>59973727
Yes.
>>
File: og_image.png?201703081103.png (924KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.png?201703081103.png
924KB, 1200x630px
neither
>>
>>59973727
i hope vulkan get mainstream so we can all play game on linux
>>
>>59974111
This. Do you actually use Siri, though? I never use it on my phone nevermind my desktop/laptop.
>>
Linux: development, programming, network, databases, opensource, option & customizing.

Windows: gaming, third-party-tools-king, photoshop, average user environment, easymode.

Why is Windows not customizable?
Actually, Windows 7 is cutomizable much more than Windows 10. You can rice and use themes. It's still far from what's capable on Linux though. The truth is, Microsoft is not very big fan of options in their operating system. When they released Virtual Desktops feature in Windows 10, which Microsoft was very slow with doing, they didn't even add proper shortcut options to them. To make it short, Windows is lacking options, features and freedom. That being said, you can install third-party software, to a certain degree, you can customize and add options. I personally used 'Autohotkey', a scripting program, gave me alt-drag and alt-resize pluss many other things on Windows. Still, I don't like Windows.

Why is Windows 10 good for gaming?
Because you can play literally every game possible on Windows.

Why is Linux good for computer science and developing?
Because you will have a better terminal, linux simplify certain things in the programming world and most things are open-source and community.

Why is Windows user-friendly?
Less complicated to install and use the OS. Also, the lack of options and features simplify things and make it comfortable for an average user. I'm not average, so I don't like it.

Conclusion:
Choose the OS which is the right one for your needs. No OS is perfect, not OSX either.
>>
>>59974111
>>59974305
>>>/lgbt/
>>
Has anyone managed to stop Windows 10 permanently from annoying you about the anniversary update? So far I've switched wifi to a "metered connection" and found the $WINDOWS.~BT file that it's in but I don't know if I can delete it and rest assured that this pathetic horse shit keep trying to manipulate me
>>
>>59974359
>Why is Windows user-friendly?
>Less complicated to install and use the OS.
The point is you don't even install Windows, but to do so with Ubuntu or Fedora is very easy, and if you do the proper research before it will be much better done than your local shit-tier reseller that will recommend you some fancy and shitty ultrabook
>>
>>59973727
Linux if you're a virgin retard
Windows if you have a job and enjoy programs just working
Mac if you like wasting money and browsing facebook
>>
>>59974389
everyone knows legbutts use linux
>>
>>59973744
>>59974120
>>59974359
>>59974548
>>59974672

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59974843
spam
>>
Windows if you like games and some software

Linux if you don't care about software compatibility

macOS if you want comfort and stability
>>
File: 20170411_171110.png (145KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_171110.png
145KB, 500x489px
>>59974962
>Linux if you don't care about software compatibility
>Linux
>if you don't care about software compatibility
delete this;
>>
True.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.