[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 36

File: spj.jpg (325KB, 2136x3216px) Image search: [Google]
spj.jpg
325KB, 2136x3216px
What are you working on /g/?
>>
Previous: >>59916171
>>
Repostan because I have awful timing

I'm making my first program that I'm gonna make public through my repository. Up until now I've never thought about licensing. I mean I know of the GPL, the MIT, apache and so on, but I don't know which one to choose.
Should I just stick to GPL? How different are the other non copyright licenses from it?
>>
>>59933097
https://choosealicense.com/
GPL is cancer tho, use MIT.
>>
Protip: wrap a rubberband around your testicles while you dev in order to increase productivity
>>
File: dont forget!.jpg (103KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
dont forget!.jpg
103KB, 900x642px
>>59933136
don't forget to wear your pink striped programming socks, too!
>>
New to Linux, how do I make it so it will only output a quote that has not been outputted, once all quotes have been outputted it loops to the start.

#!/bin/sh

# Keep this updated when you add or take away quotes on the case list
num_quotes=10

# Generate a random quote number variable, 'rand'
rand=$[ ( $RANDOM % $num_quotes ) + 1 ]
case $rand in #BEGIN CASE
1) quote='Jesus said "I will rebuild this temple in three days." I could make a compiler in 3 days.';;
2) quote="India nigger retard doctor.";;
3) quote="Yeah, I killed a CIA nigger with my car in 1999. Score one for the good guys.";;
4) quote="If you guys have ideas for things to do, let me know. I probably will ignore them.";;
5) quote="I have God's official endorsement. I win and the CIA/FBI niggers lose. Just wait. Dumb fuck FBI niggers.";;
6) quote="I report to God. You report to me.";;
7) quote="Nigger, I am not a pedophile. My Dad is.";;
8) quote="God's world is perfectly just. Only a nigger cannot see. That's why niggers have no morals.";;
9) quote="Spoiler alert, CIA. Guess how this ends? I have God. I win. You unconditionally surrender and suck my fucken dick. That's how this ends.";;
10) quote="I'm the boss of the FBI. Divine authority.";;
esac # END CASE

# Display the random quote from case statement, and format it to line wrap at 80 characters
echo "Terry says:"
echo "\"$quote\"" | fmt -80
>>
>>59932931
>>59933029
So portfolio is tuple of dictionaries? What do dictionaries contain?
>>
>>59933097
Is it a program that you just want people to use freely? GPL.
Is it a library that you want people to take seriously? MIT/BSD/Similar.
Is it something you don't give a shit about? WTFPL/CC0.
>>
>>59933197
Basically he is using dicts like a class. And is try to hack a way to use these dicts like a class.
>>
>>59933111
I remember when I listened to some small lecture about android that they chose apache since if they had used GPL everything else that included android would have had to use GPL, and that companies were not going to let their proprietary code become shared. That's the only cancer like feature of GPL that I heard of, other than that it doesn't sound bad.

What does this sentence mean?
>and also provides an express grant of patent rights from contributors to users.
>>
>>59933206
It's the first one mostly. It's going to be a small self contained program and I can't imagine how people could is it in their projects unless it's just modifying it to give it a new feature. It's not a library to be included into something else.
>>
>>59932931
Lopp through and add them to a dictionary using default for get method to accumulate same entries.
>>
>>59933228
>cancer like feature of GPL
Protecting your freedom is a cancer. Well done little slave.
>>
>>59933295
It's not my opinion, I used the word corresponding to the post I was replying to. He called it cancer so I was letting him know that that was the only feature of GPL I thought he was talking about.
>>
>>59933295
Leftist """""""""""""""""freedom""""""""""""""""" isn't freedom.
>>
>>59933160
Is this a shoop? That makes me sad
>>
I'm practicing Python and made a clone of the 2048 game, but I'm currently stuck on how to animate the movement.

I made an animation loop that is executed after every move but I can't figure out how to set the animation positions. Like I have a square class with a previous and current position, I can interpolate the intermediate animation positions but then I get in a trouble storing the intermediate values because I end up iterating over the entire board every loop.
>>
>>59933295
Protecting your freedom by limiting your users' freedom is cancer.
>>
>>59933344
Learn what is freedom.
>>
>>59933350
see >>59933308
>>
>>59933350
> he has his own definition of freedom
I'm not surprised.
>>
how do I tell if the code is coffescript or javascript?
>>
>>59933344
How is GPL constricting freedom. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>59933378
If it's been written by a code artisan sitting in a coffee shop on a macbook, then it's coffescript.
>>
I've heard optimising compilers often ignore the inline keyword in C++ because it's more efficient to not inline (instruction cache size seems the primary reason). But is there then also cases where the compiler takes your normal sequential code and puts it into functions it can call?
There should be right?
>>
File: Permissive-Vs-Copyleft-2-2.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Permissive-Vs-Copyleft-2-2.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>59933386
I have to open code of derivative products and I have to use GPL for all code statically linked with GPL code. This constricts my freedom, and this is why GPL is dying: https://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/whitesource-blog/open-source-software-licenses-trends/ .
>>
>>59933097
Use GPL. Freedom ain't Free.
>>
>>59933445
>Using a license that lets corporate fucks profit off of your work without contributing anything in return

Are you also into cuckolding?
>>
>>59933445
I think it's fine to have a licence that's only for people who participate positively in the communist side of software. Why do people complain so loudly about it? It's just a developer taking a stance that you don't agree with. There's plenty of MIT and public domain open source stuff out there.
>>
File: 1492249595114.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492249595114.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
are decorators and annotations the same thing?
>>
Anyone got any decent tutorials for html for experienced programmers? I've been writing a lot of scala, and seeing as scala.js and the like are making the web a little less obnoxious I figured it's finally time to take the plunge. What I'm after is a starting point that doesn't assume any knowledge of HTML/CSS without assuming that I'm a complete beginner.
>>
@59933510
Wrong thread. Your kind isn't welcome here.
>>>/g/wdg
>>
>>59933522
I guess you're right, but I'm interested in hearing from people like me who have avoided web programming because it's so fucking AIDS, not the kind of fags that actively embrace it
>>
>>59933471
> MUH FREEDOM
> Except for for-profit organizations, fuck them
Projects with permissive licenses tend to attract more contributions from companies because they don't feel discriminated against.
>>
>>59933538
I don't care about that. This isn't the right thread for discussing the garbage you want to discuss.
>>
>>59933567
If the companies wanted to contribute, they wouldn't mind the GPL.
>>
>>59933510
>tutorials
>for HTML
it's not rocket science
>>
>>59933569
okay, have fun ordering programmer socks from amazon and discuss the newest within fizzbuzz you fucking fag.
>>
>>59933073
An entry for the lisp game jam
>>
>>59933181
Right now you print one at random.
If you want to print all of them, you should store what you have printed.
I would load them all into an array, inserting them at random.
Then store the index of which you have printed and increment that.
When you are at the end, shuffle the variables and do it again.
But printing a random variable is better in most cases.
You can store values on disk.
>>
>>59933510
Just go through W3, scroll through the tags to get a general idea of what's available and that's it, you don't have to read everything.
>>
>>59933583
I don't care about the companies. I would mind the GPL. I won't have that cancer anywhere near me.
>>
>>59933607
And nobody cares about you. You brought up companies as an argument against GPL.
>>
>>59933583
Most companies can't just open source all their code because they would lose the competitive advantage they have. Permissive licenses are optimal, since companies can share 90% of contributions and keep the important 10%. Forcing companies to share 100% of their code is so out of touch with reality only fat breaded communists could have came up with it.
>>
template <class T>
struct node {
T head;
node<T> *tail;
};

template <class T>
class stack {

public:
stack ();
stack (const stack &other);
~stack ();

stack &operator = (const stack &other);

size_t size () const;
void push (T item);
T pop ();
const T &top () const;
T &top ();

private:
size_t _size;
node<T> *_node;

};

template <class T>
inline stack<T>::stack () : _size (0), _node (NULL) {}

template <class T>
void copyOther (stack<T> &self, const node<T> *otherNode) {
stack<T> tmpStack;
while (otherNode != NULL) {
tmpStack.push (otherNode->head);
otherNode = otherNode->tail;
}
while (tmpStack.size () > 0) {
self.push (tmpStack.pop ());
}
}

template <class T>
inline stack<T>::stack (const stack &other) : _size (0), _node (NULL) {
copyOther (*this, other._node);
}

template <class T>
inline stack<T>::~stack () {
while (this->_node != NULL) {
this->pop ();
}
}

template <class T>
inline stack<T> &stack<T>::operator = (const stack &other) {
while (this->size () > 0) {
this->pop ();
}
copyOther (this, other);
}

template <class T>
inline size_t stack<T>::size () const {
return this->_size;
}

template <class T>
inline void stack<T>::push (T item) {
node<T> *node (new struct node<T>);
node->head = item;
node->tail = this->_node;
this->_node = node;
this->_size++;
}

template <class T>
inline T stack<T>::pop () {
node<T> *node (this->_node);
T item (node->head);
this->_node = node->tail;
this->_size--;
delete node;
return item;
}

template <class T>
inline const T &stack<T>::top () const {
return this->_node->head;
}

template <class T>
inline T &stack<T>::top () {
return this->_node->head;
}
>>
>>59933639
It's pretty clear that wasn't me.
>>
>>59933655
Can you give some examples of projects where companies have released 90% of their code?
>>
>>59933704
ADA compiler
>>
>>59933655
Only because of other companies, if all companies used the GPL there would be no problems.

So actually the only cancer is the regular copyright since it pushes the ante up. Once some uses it everybody has to.
>>
>>59933728
Sounds exactly like the problems communism facing. You'd think they would have found some attempt at solutions.
>>
>>59933676
data Stack : Nat -> Type -> Type where
Nil : Stack Z t
(::) : t -> Stack n t -> Stack (S n) t

pop : Stack (S n) t -> t
pop (x :: _) = x

length : {n : Nat} -> Stack n t -> Nat
length {n} _ = n
>>
>>59933704
WebKit, LLVM, .NET core, Android, FreeBSD, IDEA.
>>59933728
> GPL is basically communism
This is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>59933712
>ADA compiler
Which one? There are several and the most notable one, GNAT, is GPL.
>>
File: 1459642914167.jpg (71KB, 611x696px) Image search: [Google]
1459642914167.jpg
71KB, 611x696px
>>59933771
>>
I have 1000 reddit accounts.

I want to post something then have a script run and log me into the accounts and upvote my post

Which language would be the most efficient to do this in?
>>
>>59933771
Coq?
>>
>>59933807
Python + Selenium
>>
>>59933786
The one made by Ada core.
>>
>>59933813
Idris. Coq is pretty different from both Idris and Agda, which are slightly similar.
>>
>>59933771
How do you use it in an interactive code tho? Like, a user interactively adds entries to the stack and then asks its length.
>>
>>59933807
This is network-bound. It doesn't matter how fast your programming language is.
>>
>>59933840
I'll write something
>>
>>59933771
>length : {n : Nat} -> Stack n t -> Nat
>length {n} _ = n
to declare "optional" argument?
>>
>>59933854
An implicit argument.
Idris infers (if possible) what n is, and the pattern simply captures what it has been inferred to be
>>
>>59933825
That would be GNAT and it uses the GPL.
>>
>>59933866
Yes, and gnat has a non GPL version that it is sell to companies for big monney.
>>
>>59933197
>>59933218

Nevermind, I solved it. Portfolio is a list of dicts because that is what I get from querying my SQL database, but I figured I can just use a different query, using GROUP BY and SUM, and get everything already grouped the way I want it to.
>>
>>59933840
>>59933851
Honestly this is too much of a pain.
Someone who uses idris regularly can do this.

Without type indexed length it would be trivial
>>
>>59933874
From what I can see, the only difference of the pro version is support. There is no other license.

And I don't see why a company would want to distribute a modified version of a compiler anyway.
>>
Any good C++ books that don't get bogged down in obscure language features that you'll probably never use or see?
>>
>>59933924
>From what I can see, the only difference of the pro version is support
No the pro ain't GPL. When you use the compiler it link to gpl runtime and force you to gpl your code. With the pro version you have a non gpl runtime.
source: ada core employee
>>
>>59933960
>good C++ book
Such a thing can't possibly exist.
>>
>>59933819
I'm not good at this, the most I can do is log in.
Im going to have a bunch of error handling like if the account cant be logged into and shit.
Fuck, my friend described me great. I just copy random shit and like plaster things together I don't really understand.
Should I just forget what I have learnt and start a course like the one at MIT and learn over again?
>>
>>59933980
That is what software engineering is, embrace it
>>
>>59933960
>good C++ book that doesn't get bogged down in obscure language features you'll probably never use
Easy. K&R.
>or see
Impossible. C++ programmers get bogged down in useless features all the time and they're very complex. Makes the C++ programmer feel confident that they're doing their job well when they achieve simple things in complicated ways.
I honestly believe alexandrescus book on D is more appropriate to learning how to be efficient in C++ than his C++ book because it covers issues C++ (and other languages) have and more general philosophy of how to write code well. But it's littered with D features you don't actually need (for C++) so it's not a worthwhile read.
>>
>>59933968
That's what the gcc runtime library exception is for. Both, the free and the pro version have it, they're still GPL but they allow proprietary software to be compiled. You're probably thinking of an older version.
>>
>>59933980
Error handling is what a lot of bad api suffer from.
>>
>>59933980
If you can log in with selenium surely you can post and upvote? Is it possible to log in via POST? Does reddit's API let bots upvote? There are likely countless tutorials out there for this sort of thing.
>>
File: 1474949335999.gif (245KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474949335999.gif
245KB, 500x500px
>>59934041
>features you don't need [for C++]
>features you don't have [in C++]
>>
File: MVI_1561.MOV.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MVI_1561.MOV.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>59933073
>What are you working on /g/?
more /diy/ than /dpt/, but /diy/ is ded.

Building a 7-Segment-RGB-Display from scratch. First prototype werks - still just green though. Have to buy some new wires
>>
C++ IS GREATEST LANGUAGE

ALL OTHER LANGUAGE IS SHIT--
>>
>>59934096
pretty cool. That's a rasp-pi, right? You programming it in C or Python?
>>
>>59934197
>That's a rasp-pi, right?
Arduino.
>You programming it in C or Python?
ML.
>>
How do I gain the emotional stability needed for programming? There's days where I feel like shit and can't get anything done. I hear good programmers power through but I can't manage that.
So what aids are there?
>>
>>59934247
>>59933160
>>
>>59934265
But people will think I'm a tranny! There has to be another way.
>>
>>59934277
Here's a compromise anon.
>>
>>59934277
> But people will think I'm a tranny!
They won't if they don't know you're not a girl(female).
>>
def net_input:
return numpy.dot(X, w_[1:]) + w_[0]

X - 2-dimensional matrix.
w_ - 1-dimenshional array.

Numpy.dot multiplies two matrices. How does sum work here? The product is also a matrix, but w_[0] is a single number.
>>
>>59933136
It's starting to turn black and I don't think my productivity increased. Can I take it off?
>>
>>59934247
you should have easy-learning and hard-learning, or easy and hard tasks. When you're feeling good go work on the hard stuff, make your brain sweat and shit. When you're feeling down, go work on the easy stuff.

The easy stuff won't be difficult enough to demotivate you, but ideally it will still give you a sense of accomplishment and make you feel productive and all that, so it might help to put you in the right mood for the harder stuff.

Easy stuff could be fixing the style on your code, watching tutorials on youtube, doing easy shit on codecademy and those type of follow-along tutorials.
>>
>>59934355
It adds w_[0] to each element in the matrix, obviously.
>>
>>59933655

>share 90% of contributions and keep the important 10%
>the important 10%

Exactly, it's only used by corporations and people who want to benefit off of someone else's hard work and not let anyone benefit off of theirs.

Sharing is caring, Anon. Didn't your fucking parents teach you that? If you don't want to share your shit, write all the fucking code yourself and stop using someone else's.

If you're such a genius that you could never let people discover the secrets of your amazing code surely you don't need other peoples' open source libraries to make your program function.
>>
>>59934422
Fucking magnets, how they work.
>>
>>59934355
Scalar - matrix addition is just adding the scalar to every element of the matrix.
It's fine to learn linear algebra through programming but I found it easier to learn the math first in isolation. Less concerns.
>>
>>59934472
w_[0] is not a scalar though.
>>
>>59933073
Dick Simulator (sperm racing)
Coming soon.
>>
>>59934390
This sounds like very good advice. I tend to focus on distinct components and make them 'complete' according to my current needs but maybe it's wiser to not do that.
>>
>>59934479
I thought he said w_ was a 1d array so w_[0] would be a scalar.
I don't know python though.
>>
>>59934436
What's wrong with companies keeping 10% if they share the other 90%? It keeps companies alive and benefits the community at the same time.
> If you're such a genius that you could never let people discover the secrets of your amazing code surely you don't need other peoples' open source libraries to make your program function.
Well thanks to GPL many companies had to do exactly this, wasting resources and not benefiting the community.
>>
>>59934480
GOTY
>>
What's the easiest way to edit a line of HTML using Python?
>>
I'm playing with company mode. Pretty cool, C/C++ completion is built-in.
>>59934751
What do you mean by "edit"?
>>
I'm making 55 working for geek squad
>>
I want to use fast Fourier Transform in C++ (for 1D time dependent signals).
Should I better write the fft myself (using the math library for exponentials / cosine and sine) or is there a library including signal processing that is recommended?
>>
>>59934866
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-intel-math-kernel-library-and-its-fast-fourier-transform-routines
There's tons of performance work done on FFT. Doesn't make much sense to make your own.
>>
>>59934866
You should use a library.
>>
What's the best PaaS? I want to create a web app but I don't want to think about infrastructure.
>>
>>59934866
Kiss FFT or FFTW
>>
File: 1276548348536.jpg (16KB, 647x526px) Image search: [Google]
1276548348536.jpg
16KB, 647x526px
>on leave
>decide to start a new programming language with the time
>find a decent resource on C++
>every forum recommends visual studio
>base download is huge
>follow MS instructions for hello world
>I need a Win32 Console Application to do hello world of all things
>I must have missed a download because none of the options are there
>Go back, download again
>Wait three hours, download just outright fails
>Try an even more trimmed down version (Visual Code)
>Documentation instructions for hello world mention a compiler exe not in my download
> Google it, forums say "Just use visual studio, it comes with a compiler!"

I know I'm retarded but I can't believe I've spent all day just trying to locate the files necessary for me to output hello world in cmd. I really, really do not want to learn C++ anymore
>>
>>59934982
>Windows

found your problem
>>
>>59934982
>I really, really do not want to learn C++ anymore

What you really shouldn't want to do is using windows to develop especially as you seem to have 0 experience in programming.
>>
>>59934982
> I really, really do not want to learn C++ anymore
Good, the industry doesn't need retards like you.
>>
>>59934890
Oh nice. Thank you.
>>
>>59934982
It's a bit of work to get it all set up but you'll appreciate the tool chain and environment when you start doing more complicated projects like summing primes under two million.
>>
>>59934533
Those companies weren't benefitting the community anyway since they want to hide the only bits of their code that might actually do something useful.
>>
File: vs2017.png (57KB, 928x546px) Image search: [Google]
vs2017.png
57KB, 928x546px
>>59934982
ve you tried paying attention to the installer senpai
>>
>>59934982
>install gcc
>install vim
done
>>
Can someone point me to a js gallery script that
>allows for pinch resize
>swipe allows to move images
>some kind of api for slide changes
>can be embeeded into an existing div and will not shit out
please help
I've started writing my own but it's a pain in the dick
>>
>>59935154
>install gdb
>install gazillion of plugins
>come up with .vimrc
>vim is finally bearable
>time to sleep
>great productive day
>>
File: images (1).jpg (96KB, 822x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
96KB, 822x1080px
>>59934487
for my "easy work" I have, among other things, a bunch of books related to programming, but which are not too technical or challenging. Things like pic related, or The Pragmatic Programmer, or The Cathedral and the Bazaar, that sort of thing. Something that keeps you thinking about programming and all that, but is not hard enough to burn you out and make you drop all your work for a week.
>>
>>59935179
vim with neovim defaults is best
anything else is harmful
>>
>>59935154
>>59934982

>dual boot ubuntu
>gcc is already installed, and g++
>use gedit cause vim is garbage

Problem solved.
>>
>>59935179
That's interesting, it's almost as if one day of setup for a development work flow is worth the effort - especially since, once you've configured your necessary .vimrc and plug-ins, you'll be able to create a backup of these things on Gist/GitHub or your report host of choice, and write an automatic script if you want, which automatically fetches and installs said miscellaneum to the correct location if you need to move workstations.

But oh, no, Windows -definitely- makes it so much easier by not having the basic tools needed to fetch from the Internet with a cli interface. Nor the basic installation and automatic configuration of gcc, or any simple makefile capabilities, without creating a fake Linux env with cygwin or the sort.

Totally more efficient and time effective on Windows!
>>
File: POO.png (19KB, 730x180px) Image search: [Google]
POO.png
19KB, 730x180px
Doing some homework (stack-based calculator, infix to postfix notation) in Java, I'm taking the result from my conversion of input from infix to postfix using StringTokenizer, but it isn't recognizing the existence of a space between two "numbers", pic related. Why is StringTokenizer doing this?
>>
Just made a script that encrypts decrypt and cracks ROT, whats another easy cipher I could try, bonus points for hand ciphers
>>
>>59934982
>>59935179
>>59935175
>>59935242
Who said that?
>>
File: ubuntu-windows.jpg (29KB, 648x636px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-windows.jpg
29KB, 648x636px
>>59935242
>not using WSL
Dualboot is so 2015.
>>
>>59935288
they did they are quotimg themselfs
>>
>>59935276
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigpen_cipher
>>
>>59935298
>using GNU/Linux cucked edition(tm)
>>
>>59935311
GNU/NT*
>>
>>59935311
>GNU/*
>cucked edition
Sounds about right.
>>
I get a feeling that people unironically use linux as desktop OS just to impress programming qts as dank hackers. I mean, why else would anyone use it
>>
>>59935276
https://cryptopals.com/
has some good challenges like that.
>>
@59935372
>dank
>>>/r/abbit
>>>/v/
>>
>>59935372
>programming qts
i dont even like traps
>>
>>59935372
Yeah, fuck freedom.
>>
>>59935403
> software don't respect my arbitrary definitions of muh freedums
The biggest non-issue to care about out there.
>>
>>59935456
>I don't care about freedom: America edition
>>
how do you choose the pivot for quick sort
>>
I've been thinking about cloning/improving the economic simulator of Victoria 2. I've been thinking about the game rules too long, I need to start writing some simple abstracted code and iterate from there.
>>
>>59935477
> It's only freedom when I^W some fat autist with a beard says so
>>
>>59935525
Isn't the logic itself quite straightforward and documented in the wiki?
>>
>>59935532
>Online privacy is overrated
>>
>>59935557
> OS and desktop software have something to do with online privacy
> Linux version of Firefox respects your freedums while the Windows one doesn't
>>
>>59935598
>windows respects my privacy: i'm ignorant edition
>>
how can I stop being so lazy
>>
>>59935633
use a strict language
>>
>>59935633
stop using haskell
>>
>>59935633
buy 8 red bulls and shit out a ton of code every weekend also programming stuff you'll actually use is good for motivation
>>
>>59935689
>programming stuff you'll actually use is good for motivation
this is so true
>>
>>59935621
>windows doesn't respect my arbitrary definition of privacy
>>
>>59935717
>i don't know what privacy is: bill gates edition
>>
>>59935633
seq (You) me
>>
best way to make a GUI for a python script?
>inb4 use language x
>>
>>59935858
tkinter
>>
>>59935781
> It's only privacy if some fat man with a beard says so
>>
>>59935874
>xe doesn't acknowledge the four software freedoms
>>
>>59935689
>programming stuff you'll actually use is good
like what
>>
>>59935919
I made something to scrape odds from different betting sites and work out implied probability of winning based on several odds
>>
>>59935858
pyqt/pygtk
>>
File: 1422319347600.gif (119KB, 198x252px) Image search: [Google]
1422319347600.gif
119KB, 198x252px
How to find the beginning of data segment in Linux? I'm using C
>>
Python script that appends output of chosen command (e.g.) neofetch to your wallpaper in intervals of chosen time. I have it now working but I need to know how to pass arguments in unix like manner to my script, any ideas?
>>
>>59935883
>He believes in Communist Manifesto 2.0
>>
>>59935978
install google
>>
If there is pointer arithmetic, is there pointer algebra?
>>
>>59936038
If google gave any sane answers I wouldn't be here asking.
>>
File: rust-move-copy-borrow.png (169KB, 990x1401px) Image search: [Google]
rust-move-copy-borrow.png
169KB, 990x1401px
>>59936112
Yes, but only Rust has it.
>>
>>59936112
Better yet; pointer calculus.
See, taking the addresses as functions; the derivatives of the functions can provide information into the various offsets of data structures
>>
>>59936161
In what way is this an algebra? Or did you just mean it was more "advanced" than mere pointer arithmetic?
>>
File: 6-4aQ-Qp.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
6-4aQ-Qp.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
please stop using C
pointing is rude
>>
Post languages that were almost completely perfect but one feature had to ruin it all. I'll go first,

>Rust
>The borrow checker
>>
>enter /dpt/
>regular posters
>trips everywhere
>everyone knows everyone

its a fucking chatroom for fucksakes. theres no anonymous conversation, theres no technology discussion. its fucking facebook without profiles.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>59936225
It allows you to abstract over pointers' lifetimes, which is somewhat equivalent to an introduction of variables in algebra.
>>
>>59936276
I don't know if this is a shitpost or retardation desu
>>
>>59934982
On Linux this is just
g++ main.cxx
>>
>>59936276
>Go
>error type
>>
>>59936276
>Idris
>Types
>>
>>59936312
Is it safer than something like Ada?
>>
>>59935179
>>great productive day
Still more productive than your day with Windows.
>>
>>59936276
>>59936287
>>59936337
>>59936351
Who are these posts quoting?
>>
>>59936380
Rust compiler has not been formally verified, so no one even knows if it's correct or not.
>>
>>59936287
There's one "consistent" user I like and it's the guy I call Pajeetslayer who's got a good grasp on C#. I already filter trips so sometimes half the thread is hidden, and then there are all the faggots who don't even program like "i just found out about jaypee le who are you quoting" and the @ responder among others - it's really bad some days.
>>
>>59936400
It most likely isn't.
>>
>>59936380
Yes, it checks almost everything at compile time. Also, Ada is like 35 years old, while Rust is based on relatively recent theoretical research.
>>
>>59936400
The only formally verified compiler is some research C compiler no one uses.
>>
>>59935931
did you make any money with it or was it shit?
>>
>>59936400
Has the type system at least been shown to be incomplete?
>>59936434
>Yes, it checks almost everything at compile time
So does Ada. But I'm guessing it doesn't track lifetimes?
>>
For: 59936403
>There's one "consistent" user I like and it's the guy I call Pajeetslayer
This is the most plebbit thing I have ever read in this thread.
>>
>>59936331
This perfectly fine block of code is illegal in Rust:
                match words.get_mut(&tok) {
Some(count) => {
*count += 1;
}

None => {
words.insert(tok.clone(), 1);
}
}

Why? Because HUR DUR CAN'T MUTABLY BORROW TWICE XDDDDD

Instead you have to do some stupid retarded inefficient shit like:
                let count = match words.get(&tok) {
Some(c) => *c + 1,
None => 1,
};

words.insert(tok.clone(), count);

which finally makes the compiler happy.

I really like Rust, but the borrow checker can go fucking kill itself. I know what I'm doing for fucks sake.
>>
>>59936544
dude, this is not rustonic lmao
>>
>>59936544
>perfectly fine block
>illegal
It's impossible to be both at the same time. If you meant to say "It's retarded that this is illegal", you should have said so.
>HUR DUR CAN'T MUTABLY BORROW TWICE XDDDDD
Stopped reading your retardation right there. Feel free to rewrite it in a less brain-dead manner.
>>
>>59936498
No, Ada doesn't track lifetimes.
>>59936544
Borrow checker is the main point of Rust, without it Rust wouldn't be much different from the modern C++.
>this code
Just use entry:
let counter = words.entry(&tok).or_insert(0);
*counter += 1;
>>
>>59936582
>Stopped reading your retardation right there. Feel free to rewrite it in a less brain-dead manner.
I'm just quoting the Rust compiler, because that's what I read when reading the compiler messages.
Or at least it was equally as retarded as that.
>>
>>59936476
up about £300 but started betting with £50 have lost a few bets but never been in the red
>>
>>59936635
>because that's what I read when reading the compiler messages.
Post a screenshot. I simply don't believe you.
>Or at least it was equally as retarded as that
I don't think it's possible to write something even half as retarded as that sentence.
>>
File: 1464712737955.png (25KB, 628x175px) Image search: [Google]
1464712737955.png
25KB, 628x175px
>>59936660
>>
I want r/rust to leave.
>>
>>59936701
why not /r/ust
>>
>>59936287
>there's no technology discussion
General /g/ users can fuck right off. You're shit at everything you attempt.
>>
>>59936701
No.
>>
>>59936692
I don't see that quote here.
>>
>>59936701
>r/rust
I don't get why people do the r/something thing.
>>
>>59936701
Not a chance.
>>
>>59936749
I don't get why Reddit shills Rust here.
>>
>>59936746
It's on the first line

>cannot borrow `*words` as mutable more than once at a time
Is so retarded it wouldn't make a difference if read as:
>HUR DUR CAN'T MUTABLY BORROW TWICE XDDDDD
>>
>>59936749
stupid newfag lurk moar
>>
>>59936762
>>59936767
Ah I see now. It's a reddit meme.
So it's a sarcastic way of saying their redditism is showing?
>>
Huh, this was rather subtle, i thought. The "Constructor" line is not printed.
Can you spot why? I had to google it.

#include <iostream>
class Foo
{
public:
Foo(){std::cout << "Constructor";}
};

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
Foo bar();
return 0;
}
>>
>>59936764
Even if the first sentence contradicted itself a couple of times it wouldn't be as retarded as that /v/-worthy display of low IQ.
>>
>>59936778
yes
>>
>>59936778
For some reason Reddit goes full apologist mode when someone badmouths Rust.
>>
>>59936783
>Foo bar();
This is a forward declaration of a function bar which returns Foo, not a definition of a variable. This is why you should use {} for initialization.
>>
>>59936827
Well done.
>>
>>59933569
fuckin fag
>>
more dpt than sqt i guess so,

what book to learn cpus? i only know them on a basuc level (ie how the buses, input, cpu, alu work on a surface level).
>>
How can I implement an aligned_realloc function? I mean, I can do it easy enough but I end up duplicating all the metadata already stored in the heap...

C11/glibc/boost/msvc all provide aligned alloc/free pairs, but no realloc (and vulkan insists I provide a realloc implementation if I don't want to use the system allocator). All I want to do is add a total-allocation count.
>>
in haskell what does the five in infixr do?

infixr 5 ^++ 
>>
>>59937369
Priority.
>>
>>59937369
Precedence.
>>
>>59937388
>>59937395
how do I view the list of priorities without fucking up the whole list of them
>>
list<ones> anutha = new list<ones>;
anutha.Add(one);

foreach(ones anutha1 in anutha)
{
anutha.Add(anutha1)
}

>>
>how am i spending my precious week

I'm thinking about writing a study guide to go along with a video course. At the very least I'll do an old school one to hand off to someone else. I'd like it to be

>interactive, links to additional material
>testing hierarchy
>history, visual representation of study/knowledge learned

Kinda like Khan academy with some self-help stuff thrown in. It's religion so tracking prayers, meditation time, etc. wouldn't hurt. Looking for places to start.

All anonymously, given to a non-profit.
>>
>>59937426
What are you doing?

If this is a programming joke I don't get it
>>
>>59937410
in GHCI

:i operator
e.g.
:i (+)
I don't know if you can list them all
That would be a good addition to the repl
>>
>>59937508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYpx8oDMQBU
>>
making a flac to mp3 converter
>>
In openGL why the fuck would you use:

- GLfloat, if it is a typedef for float
- GLint, if it is a typedef for int
- GLdouble, if it is a typedef for double

better to use int, float and double than that faggotry
>>
>>59937545
What if it changes one day?
Want to change your entire codebase?
>>
>>59937527
it's why my autism ticks when i read lyah, i feel the book sometimes is too "just do this heres an ok explaination" without explaining like the whole priorities list, which priority level is safe etc etc
>>
>>59937555
>What if it changes one day?

for example,
GLint is gonna change for what?

int will always stay the same
>>
>>59937562
LYAH is a bit autistic
You can always try the wikibook

The standard operator precedences are mentioned in here:
https://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/decls.html
(4.4.2 Fixity Declarations)

>>59937573
In 10 years maybe an Int128
>>
>>59933111

Public domain is better by far
>>
File: bJzPuHk.jpg (75KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
bJzPuHk.jpg
75KB, 500x626px
>>59937545
Could anyone quickly justify to me why frameworks do this? Qt does this too
>>
>>59933396
The compiler is smarter than you, more at 11.
>>
>>59937324
It's definitively more sqt than dpt.
Programmers care about a few internal facts of the CPU (instruction sets, caches, registers) and some timings for the rest of the computer (reading from the disk is slow etc). So ask there instead.
>>
>>59937545
Because way back when OpenGL was made, int might be a one-compliment 16bit integer. A float might not be a 32bit IEEE float, a GLfloat always will be.

Even now an int might be 64bits on some systems.

GLint is always two's compliment 32bit. GLfloat is always 32-bit IEEE. Also there's a distinction between some types that map to the same C types (GLclampd and Gldouble are both C double, but mean different things).
>>
>>59937760
This wasn't my question though. I was asking what liberties the compiler takes. Because both directions make sense but I've only heard of the one.
>>
>>59937783
You will hear the other one at 11.

dumb ass.
>>
>>59937654
Muh portabillity
>>
>>59937803
How was I supposed to know that was the future news anon? You're being ridiculous anon I'm not psychic.

So you're confirming compilers do that then?
>>
>>59937783
It happens. MSVC for example can merge simple C++ getters that just "return this->thing" if thing is the same offset from this. Linkers can merge identical pages (4kB at a time).

Within a function, identical code can get merged. But I don't think any compiler can take "these 5 instructions" from function A and function B and merge them.

For a start that would kill your instruction cache (instructions 20-25 of function B are now over in function A!)
>>
File: 1486617068757-b.jpg (31KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
1486617068757-b.jpg
31KB, 428x376px
Nothing, because I just can't think of a personal project that'll keep me interested.

No current need to write anything at work or I'd jump all over it (Linux admin).
>>
>>59937766
Then why define custom GL standards instead of using stdint? Cross platform portability?
>>
>>59937938
OpenGL 1.0 - 1992
stdint.h - 1999
>>
how do I make an html button open another program? I want it to start a new python script. Either that or use my existing program to do something after html button is pressed. Not sure how to do either.
>>
>>59937983
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
>>
File: 1492333947493.jpg (49KB, 412x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492333947493.jpg
49KB, 412x350px
>>59937989
You can use a Python web framework like Flask for this. Make your button send a POST or GET request to a specific route (eg /test) specified in your Python file. A function will then be executed when that route is accessed by the framework. I don't know what you want to do, but first make sure what are you willing to do is possible in Javascript.
>>
>>59937850
Very good explanation. The A B instruction merge would be like a double indirection if I understand you correctly. The CPU can't know about the instructions it needs in A before B has been loaded and that kind of last second fetching is dangerous.
>>
File: daecfe38adac455ebeba5bcbfdd7027c.png (507KB, 1087x946px) Image search: [Google]
daecfe38adac455ebeba5bcbfdd7027c.png
507KB, 1087x946px
>>59938119
something like

>IF BUTTON IS PRESSED
>Create random_number
>if (random_number > 50)
> print('Pokemon was caught')
>else
> print('Failed')

that's basically what I want it to do. I think i'd do the random calculation inside the program, the issue i'm having is getting to it. So I should learn what Flask is then?
>>
>>59938212
You can do this in Javascript, there's no need for using Python if you only want to do this.
>>
>>59933073
I'm still working on my shitty script kid to help me with cordova crap
>tfw been lazy with it

I should get a hackingtosh since working with pycharm is inside a VM is breaking me
>>
>>59937983
This is normal. You can avoid this by using new Array(); instead of new Array(8);
>>
>>59937983
It's a vector, not an array.
>>
My coworker is a tard and insists on using python 3.x for a small sideproject we are working on. He doesn't see the obvious flaw that basically servers we host have 2.x on them natively. Is there actually any valid reason to use 3.x ?
>>
ive written my linear solver
#define MAT1 3
#define mat(i,j) mat[(i)*MAT1+(j)]

macros seem pretty nice.

void back_subs (float * mat, float * b, float * x) {
int n = MAT1;

for (int j=n-1;j>=0;j--) {
if ( mat(j,j) == 0) {
break;
}
x[j] = b[j]/mat(j,j);

for (int i=0;i<j;i++) {
b[i] = b[i] - mat(i,j)*x[j];
}
}
}

with back - and forward subst.

id like to run some Evaluation of runtime performance. im wondering if this is really it, and the only improvements will be with pivoting or a blocked algorithm.
does
 #define mat(i,j) mat[(i)*MAT1+(j)] 
slow down the program?
>>
>>59938408
There is no reason to use 2.x nowadays, especially for new projects. 3.x has more features, sane unicode and most libraries support it. 2.x should just die already.
>servers we host have 2.x on them natively
So what, can't you install new software on them?
>>
>>59938441
Your define doesn't slow down the program.
>>
File: girl (male)32.jpg (736KB, 1107x1600px) Image search: [Google]
girl (male)32.jpg
736KB, 1107x1600px
is there any particular reason why you can't just write that as
mat[(i * MAT1) + j]

Because it looks pretty intuitive, you're just using a flat array as a multidimensional one.
If you want succinctness, you should use actual multi-dimensional arrays.
>>
>>59938466
>So what, can't you install new software on them?
Sure you can do that, but why enable a new repo for the server just to be able to install another python.

But the rest of the stuff you say sounds reasonable.
>>
I first made a basic scraper for files off of any given tumblr a few days ago without even stopping to think if tumblr had its own API (it did).

So I rewrote it and today I've added video downloading support.

I'm interested in adding easily readable metadata as an adddendum to each file: what's the best solution for this? It seems like you can't just add "alt-text" to an image the way you do on the web as a property.

Right now I'm figuring I'll just save a JSON file with the post data for each image saved.
>>
>>59938494
you kinda cost me my (you)...but ill forgive you

i thought it would improve readability. also i thought using a 1dim array as a multi-dim array improves performance.
>>
>>59938494
meant for >>59938441

Also, #define macros are rewritten at compile time, if you want to preview your macros, run gcc with -E to see the results of your macros.
>>
>>59938499
Python 3 should be in the default repos if you are using something newer than Debian 6 or CentOS 5.
>>
>>59938532
rhel 6, I don't think it is, might have to check it again.
>>
File: ohshit.png (341KB, 461x620px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
341KB, 461x620px
>>59938441
>using macros instead of inline functions
c-tards will defend this
>>
>>59938518
It's fine, just be aware of operator precedence.
#define mat(i, j) mat[((i) * MAT1) + (j)]
>>
could someone show me a working example of or give me a hint on doing a keyed ceaser shift in python? I've managed to get regular ceaser with the following
def rotate(text, offset):
offset %= len(text)
return text[offset:] + text[:offset]

def make_rot(offset):
table = str.maketrans(string.ascii_lowercase + string.ascii_uppercase,
rotate(string.ascii_lowercase, offset) + rotate(string.ascii_uppercase, offset))
return lambda text: text.translate(table)

def encrypt():
estring = input("Please enter the string you wish to encrypt: ")
key = input("Please enter the encryption key: ")
key = int(key)
rot = make_rot(key)
print(rot(estring))

def decrypt():
dstring = input("Please enter the string you wish to decrypt: ")
key = input("Please enter the decryption key: ")
key = "-"+key
key = int(key)
rot = make_rot(key)
print(rot(dstring))

but I have no idea how to make it into keyed ceaser any help is helpful
>>
>>59938573
Inline is a compiler hint, the compiler probably won't do it.
Macros are not a compiler hint, plus if your function is too complex to be reduced to a simple macro, it shouldn't be inlined anyway.
>>
>>59938613
> Inline is a compiler hint, the compiler probably won't do it.
It most certainly will, even without inline, because it's an one-line function. And then you always have __attribute__((always_inline)).
>>
>>59933073
switching 600 ubuntu pcs to windows 10 pcs
>>
File: 1490295976287.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490295976287.png
234KB, 545x530px
is there a way to get 1 character from the input like getchar() in C, and the same for putchar?
>>
File: 1490296496833.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490296496833.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>59938673
in python that is
>>
>>59938687
>>59938673
dumb frogposter
>>
>>59938673
Sure.
import sys
c = sys.stdin.read(1)
sys.stdout.write(c)
>>
>>59938611
Read in a key, and strip it of all non alpha characters and remove dupes. Then generate a NEW alphabet (to use for shifting), by first adding the read in (and modified) key, then walking down the normal alphabet, concatenating each character if it doesn't appear in the key. Eg
Key = John. => john
old = abcdefghij... ect
new = johnabcdefiklmpq... ect
>>
>>59938778
sweet, thanks
>>
File: 1461186326720.jpg (63KB, 622x521px) Image search: [Google]
1461186326720.jpg
63KB, 622x521px
What should I name my language and what anime girl shall be the logo?
>>
File: 1487222158512.jpg (516KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487222158512.jpg
516KB, 1280x720px
>>59939172
dis one
>>
Hey I'm taking an EDX course on AI and machine learning. I don't really have any interest getting a degree or working in a lab but are there possible ways I can make money independently knowing this stuff? Like having my AI scrape data in novel ways, etc. any pointers?
>>
File: 1461313954371.jpg (440KB, 768x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1461313954371.jpg
440KB, 768x1053px
>>59939172
Any personal preferences? I would go with a loli as mascot character and the language name would be L++ (Loli Plus Plus .lpp).
>>
>>59939222
>Loli Plus Plus
Screw that! new idea: Loli Pero Pero (so always .lpp).
>>
>>59939190
>those chest tumors
No, thanks...

>>59939222
>I would go with a loli as mascot character
Which one though?
>L
That's a nice idea.
>++
Wouldn't want it being associated with complete garbage.
>>
Project euler q10 attempt. For some reason, this program causes a stack overflow. Why?? I'm a lisp noob so I have no idea.

(defun sqt (h p)

(if (equal (* p p) h)
(return p)

(if (> (* p p) h)
(sqt h (- p 1))
(sqt h (+ p 1))
)
)
)

(defun primep (l k)
(if (< k (sqt l (/ l 2)))
(if (equal (mod l k) 0)
(return 0)
(primep l (+ k 1))
)

(return t)

)
)

(defun sumprime (m n s)
(if (< m n)
(if (primep m 0)
(sumprime (+ m 1) (+ s m))
(sumprime (+ m 1) s)
)

(print s)
)
)

(sumprime 1 10 0)
>>
>>59939242
Okay gay
>>
>>59939247
I do not know lisp, however, maybe somewhere a recursive function does not have a terminating condition?
>>
File: 1492060103066.gif (58KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
1492060103066.gif
58KB, 287x344px
Can you recommend any UTF-8 characters that look like "n" and "N" other than 6E and 4E? I need a replacement for these letters that wouldn't be noticed unless you looked at the code.
>>
>>59934982
>open macbook pro
>launch xcode
>new c++ console app
>cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
>it werks
Maybe choose a non-shit OS.
>>
>>59939247
How are you going to find integer square root of a non-square like 7? Your code just gonna loop infinitely between 2 and 3.
Also, Lisp is already an ugly language, there is no reason to make it even uglier by using non-standard formatting.
>>
Possibly something that fits in 1 byte only.
>>
>>59939316
>using namespace std;
>>>/trash/
>>
>>59939172
lainlang
>>
>>59939314
Even if it looks imperceptible in your font, it's going to look strange in other fonts, you won't get away with hiding unicode in ascii strings if this is your plan.
>>
why do you prefer C++ over any language?
>>
>>59939455
But I don't?
C++ is a horrible language.
It has all of C's problems with none of the benefits.
>>
>>59939455
I don't
>>
Hi. I'm not an expert and I don't have much experience with computer science, just a community college student, not trying to start shit. I'm almost done with my visual basic class and it seems to be really powerful and it's really easy too, at least for Windows desktop GUI applications. Why isn't it used more? What are some of the best languages for Windows desktop?
It seems like most applications today are just electron wrappers which is sad. I see the appeal but I'm not interested in that really
>>
File: IMG_20170416_225402.jpg (843KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_225402.jpg
843KB, 3072x1728px
Anyone familiar with ARM9 instructions? Pic loosely related
>>
>>59939520
>electron wrappers
What is this new retro slang?
>>
>>59939520

CC grade here (2011), started with VB.NET.

90% or more of general Windows GUI development will be in C# - it uses the same framework in the back and looks different.

.NET Core is the latest open source version of .NET and doesn't include WinForms or WPF - so those technologies are (at least to some) being left behind to some degree.
>>
>>59939537
>A fucking leaf
>>
>>59939553
electron.atom.io
>>
>>59939581
>>59939581
>>59939581
>>59939581
>>59939581
>>
>>59939597
>too early
>fucked up the title

Not a valid thread.
>>
>>59939597
FUCK YOU NIGGER
>>
>>59939611
>too early
that what she said
>>
>>59939597
delete this and include the actual title retard
>>
REAL NEW THREAD!!!

>>59939652
>>59939652
>>
>>59939553
Maybe I'm using the wrong term. Like on Linux for example most big name applications ported from other OSs are actually just webpages made to look like their own application. I think Spotify does this on WIndows too. It's a wrapper for a website so they only need to make the website and then they can port it to any OS easily on top of having it be a web app.
>>59939569
Yeah I've seen that in visual studio but I thought that it was an Apple thing. Isn't Objective C just cocoa or is cocoa just apple's implementation of objective C? Either way I've never read anything about it
>>
>>59939444
it's ok I don't need to make it work for other fonts, I need it to look good in monospace.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.