[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 47

Ask you small and stupid questions in this thread. Redirect any retard requesting help, asking for buying advices or whatever to this thread.
Be sure to check other general threads for specific help
>>>/g/fglt
>>>/g/dpt
>>>/g/wdg

Friendly reminder to google your question before posting
>>
If i smoke a lot of weed is it common for chest congestion
>>
>copied from previous
I have an atx tower with 8 hard drive slots and various components. I want to use it as Nas. Should I go with Nas hdds (like wd red) or is anything fine? Does it matter of the mobo has 8 sata slots or should I get a cheaper board and just use PCI expanders? I'm thinking of using Freenas with zfs, will this cause any issues on Windows 7 as a network drive? Is it worth it getting a mobo with dual gigabit? Can you truncate it with Freenas and will it even make a difference if the router doesn't support truncation?
>>
I have a 16gb ram piece and another that is 8gb and want to use them to dual channel, they have the same exact specs (same speed, manufacturer etc.)

will this create any problems whatsoever? I mean they are identical aside from one having double the kapacity of the other
>>
Is there a good extension in firefox to force videos to load on youtube ?
>>
>>59823000
i doubt trunking will give you anything unless you are serving a lot of clients.
>>
My PC died and I'm building a new one. However I've been out of sync with hardware developmets for 6+ years now, so I'm likely to purchase mismatched components or overspend on stupid shit.

Browsing logicalincrements I've put together that list:
>GPU
GTX1060-6GB - 275€
>CPU
i5 7600K - 270€
>Cooler
NH-U14S - 70€
>Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270XP-SLI - 160€
>RAM
Crucial CT2K8G4DFD8213 16GB - 110€
>HDD
Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB, ST2000DM006 - 80€
>SSD
Crucial MX300 525GB - 145€
>Power Supply
EVGA 650W SuperNOVA 650 GS Modular - 110€

What I do plan playing on it:
Modded Crusader Kings 2 (modder went overboard with details, needs a good CPU and SSD to not run at a snails pace)
Witcher 3 (doesn't need to be on very high/ultra, although if it's possible to achieve that without too much extra cost, that would be nice)
Rainbow Six Siege
Total War: Warhammer
Various other games games that run on toasters.

I also need a bunch of other stuff (another monitor for dual screen and other peripherals), but those can come later.
Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>>59823162
I can probably tone down on the power supply, as I've piced it when I had more powerful components, which I then replaced with cheaper ones.
>>
Is it just me or does Firefox on Android not like subdomains with their own certificates (even if it's from a CA)?
>>
How will Cloudflare ever recover?
https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/cloudflare.com/
>>
How can I get a list of available gateways on a network I am connected to on windows?
>>
File: 5464721.png (317KB, 832x712px) Image search: [Google]
5464721.png
317KB, 832x712px
>people say that arch best distro because rolling release
>os may broke sometimes because of the updates

Please explain.

It's not an atual question, I just don't want to make a post about it.
>>
>>59822922
Can we connect mechanical keyboard switches to pcbs such as brook fightboard pcb or any cheap controller pcbs? Without any external tool? I can solder, but buying something more is a little you know.
And also is there a good website that sells mechanical keyboard keycaps but not in sets, just single keycaps or in pack of 10 like switches?
>>
>>59823235
it's a meme
>>
Retard here.
Why do some computers have the option to hibernate and others don't? How can I enable this option on computers that don't have it?
>>
>>59823257
Go to control pannel and select power options and enable hibernate from there
>>
>>59823162
Well shit, there is an own general for this.
Sorry guys.
>>
>>59823297
>>59823162
it's /sqt/, as long as you don't make your own thread it's okay I guess.

>1060
the RX 480 is better for DX12 and vulkan.
If you can wait, AMD is going to release a new GPU that should perform a bit better while costing the same or cheaper. It should come this month.

>i5 7600k
AMD ryzen 5 is coming tomorrow iirc, maybe it will perform like shit, maybe it will be good, it can be a good thing to wait a see what's happening, but the 7600k is okay (non k if you don't care of OC)

>cooler
nothing wrong with it, but if you want to save money you can find good one for 30- 35€ (212 evo, be quieck rock...)

a 550W PSU should be enough, but nothing wrong going with a 650W
>>
>>59823235
it doesn't break because of updates.
I've been using it for a year now and I never had a problem.
>>
File: Speccy.png (72KB, 742x531px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
72KB, 742x531px
I've had my computer for some time now but am not informed on hardware.
Will this be good for some time, is anything bad, do i need to upgrade anything?
>>
File: 1481001382477.jpg (94KB, 690x940px) Image search: [Google]
1481001382477.jpg
94KB, 690x940px
What happened to Router general
>>
>>59822922
I want to move Windows to an SSD since my current HDD is running out of space. I have a second, empty HDD as well.

How should I go about doing this? Most guides try to jew you by selling a program that does it for you.
>>
im on windows 8.1 and planning to buy i5-7400, will it work ? i dont wanna upgrade to windows 10
>>
Are there any good videos or books that have good examples of solutions in Python? Or even just heuristics?

What's a decent mono typeface? I have trouble discerning Ms, Ns, and Is in Consolas.
>>
Should I be using Homebrew to install everything on my mac? I'm not sure when to use Homebrew and when to use the website to download packages...
>>
>>59823561
Just backup and reinstall on the ssd. Afaik, there's no way to do this on windows
>>
My sister and her son bricked their PC again. Allegedly it died during playing a game. Old piece of shit turns on with no video and keeps beeping irregularly in both number of beeps and pauses between them. Hardware seems to be seated/plugged in properly, I tried to unplug every peripheral device before turning it on, but to no avail. Any advice?
>>
>>59823649
if removing ram and gpu did not work try the cmos battery
>>
I got an external male molex port.
How do I connect an internal sata HDD to it? Does it provide enough power for a 3.5 desktop hdd ? Also all sata2molex cables on chink websites are 20cm thats too short I need around 35cm.
>>
>>59823649
count the beeps and look up what the code means, probrably overheated and fried gpu
>>
Could somebody please explain what kind of relationship would exist in UML between say, a certain brand/kind of drink and a catalogue of drink brands/kinds? I'm not sure if it's association since IIRC the catalogue would have to store an actual bottle of the drink itself and not just a reference to the drink.
>>
Will a higher watt PSU draw more power from the wall than one that is lower and does it draw its full wattage from the socket all the time?
>>
Now that Transmission for Windows has ben abandoned, what torrent client would you recommend?
Halite, deluge? I really enjoyed the simplicity of Trransmission
>>
So uh, do I need to get any other antivirus or is Windows Defender on Win10 good enough?
>>
>>59823980
It will draw as much power as it needs, so it is the same as a lower wattage PSU.
>>
>>59823561
Format and reinstall. There's a good guide on ocn
>>
How can I set up Thunderbird to show Microsoft email folders in my language?
I cant rename it

Gmail just works™
>>
>>59823352
>If you can wait, AMD is going to release a new GPU that should perform a bit better while costing the same or cheaper. It should come this month.
Being without a proper PC is a pain in the ass, but I guess I could if it's not too long.
That said I hoped to run an Nvidia GPU this time, as I've run into a bunch of problems with my AMD GPU occasionally (glitches and underperformance since devs usually focus on Nvidia first and AMD second) and I just wanted to have smooth sailing straight out the box.
>AMD ryzen 5 is coming tomorrow iirc, maybe it will perform like shit, maybe it will be good, it can be a good thing to wait a see what's happening, but the 7600k is okay
Thanks. I mean I wanted to order a new one as fast as possible ut I guess I could wait for a day.

/pcbg/ is currently ignoring my post. No idea if I did anything wrong (so they're overlooking it on purpose).
>>
What is better, 2x8GB RAM, or 4x4GB? And why?
>>
>>59824040
QBittorrent
>>
>>59824397
>That said I hoped to run an Nvidia GPU this time, as I've run into a bunch of problems with my AMD GPU occasionally (glitches and underperformance since devs usually focus on Nvidia first and AMD second) and I just wanted to have smooth sailing straight out the box.
Do as you want. If you had issues with AMD and want to switch to another brand it's your choice, I just told you the current state of the GPUs.

>I guess I could wait for a day.
be careful cause even if they release it tomorrow, according your country and the store they might not have them available day one and might take some day to ship it.

>/pcbg/ is currently ignoring my post
general are cancers. Only /sqt/, /dpt/ and /fglt/ can be nice
>>
Is there any way to change what f1 does on windows? I hate how it opens my web browser every time I accidentally hit the stupid key
>>
>>59823980
technically if you take a 700W PSU when you only need a 500W won't be a problem, but it might be not efficient and heat more.
>>
>>59824548
>Do as you want. If you had issues with AMD and want to switch to another brand it's your choice, I just told you the current state of the GPUs.
Well it wasn't TOO bad, just minor inconveniences. It's just that I need one right now since it has broken down, so waiting isn't much of an option.
>>
File: 1490490579554.jpg (2MB, 2894x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1490490579554.jpg
2MB, 2894x1919px
I always hear about how much SSD are great and how much I should do the switch. I don't really feel I need it and when people tell me it improve a lot the responsiveness of their computer, they are running windows.

For a linux user, how much useful a SSD would be ?
Currently it boot in 20s, xfce loads in 3 seconds and it might take another 5-10 seconds to be browsing 4chan and having im program launched.

Once my programs have started, I don't see what and SSD can improve. I don't copy/paste a lot of files, I don't do anything that heavily write on disk. I just browse internet, listen to music and play some games.

Since I'm gonna buy a new computer soon, should I consider a SSD ?
>>
I got a 6 year old hp pavillion dv6 with a second gen i7, radeon 6770 and 8 gb of ram
its slow as shit though literally takes more than 5 mins to start and gets stuck for no reason on simple tasks
should I just replace the hdd with a ssd would that fix it or is there no fixing it and buy some other /g/ approved laptop like a thinkpad
I already got a desktop thinking to make the laptop my first linux and experiment random shit
>>
>>59824379
Please resbond
>>
File: n7ibgezY1u1rwaymjo.gif (821KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
n7ibgezY1u1rwaymjo.gif
821KB, 500x268px
Is there a program that will let me download all of the webms in a 4chan thread at once?

I have a program that lets me download all of the image files in a gallery/forum/webpage/etc., including 4chan, but it doesn't work for webms.
>>
Any permissively licensed sound and music playing library? I read OpenAL no longer is BSD/GPL.
>>
File: received_10209123459220600.jpg (86KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_10209123459220600.jpg
86KB, 1080x1920px
Hi /sqt/, my friend's computer isn't turning on at all and I'm going to his place tonight to find what is failing.
Nothing happens when he uses the power button. There's some light on his GPU (pic related) but that's all.

What's the best way to troubleshoot the problem ?
>>
>>59824984
Linux
>>
Where do i torrent movies and tv-shows now?
>>
>>59823386
Depends on your needs. It should be good for most games until the end of the current console gen but there might be a few releases that'll make it cry for death. Get an SSD.
>>
>>59825026
where u always should
qbittorrent search bar
>>
>>59824420
2*8, so you can add more later.
>>
>>59825041
Thanks, got any recommendations?
>>
File: 1.jpg (150KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
150KB, 1280x960px
I need a Cisco IOS Gateway to replace my CheckPoint 1000N + study for CCENT/CCNA

Suggestions?
Thanks
>>
>>59825080
Check logicalincrements. Intel, Samsung and Sandisk are good brands
>>
>>59825100
Thanks.
>>
>>59824984
Take the source code of this program and modify it so it include .webm in the files downloaded.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170410-082151.png (430KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170410-082151.png
430KB, 720x1280px
Best music widget?
>>
>>59822922
What's the best android app for 8ch.
I can't use dashchan cause I always get 403:Forbidden no matter what network I'm on. And updating it hasn't fixed it.
>>
>>59825062
Lol, besides that though, is one inherently faster than the other?
>>
>>59824984
There are plenty, I use chanthreadwatch personally.
>>
My packardbell laptop's touchpad goes to shit if I keep only hibernating it and tapping on the pad will result to a constant press. Wtf is wrong?
>>
i had issues with an usb drive after formatting, the partition was unusable and only the MBR was accesible, however it still seemed to work fine under linux (although the partition and the mbr appeared as seperate devices)
i somehow managed to fix it with a combination of gparted and testdisk
the problem is it only works under windows, linux ignores it's existence and i can only format it to exfat or ntfs
before i fuck it up any further: any idea how to fix it?
>>
how can I make my windows desktop double as a home server? Any good resources/guides on this?
>>
so what are the chances of a graphics card going bad straight out of the box?
>>
>>59825857
Same as any electronic product,
if no visible damage + just bought it, return it fast
>>
>>59825849
appwiz.cpl
add windows features -> Hyper-V
enjoy
>>
How would I go about fixing a kernel panic'ed imac g5 by Target dick mode?
>>
Once in a while, my computer seems to freeze and the monitor display turns into either a solid red or blue screen, sometimes with darker horizontal lines on it and I have to do a hard restart. What might be causing this?
>>
>>59825975
eventvwr.msc
might be GPU driver crashing or ur GPU just failing

could also be as simple as a bad cable between the gpu and the screen, replace it first, unless the PC freezes when the screen does, in which case it cannot be the cable.
>>
I'm having trouble trying to locate my touchpad anywhere on my computer.

I've downgraded my Asus laptop to 7 from my previous dual-boot setup of 8.1/Mint (originally it's a newer-made laptop built around 10 with a lack of drivers for any previous OS). The same problem happened when I used 8.1 (I installed a whole bunch of touchpad drivers, nothing showed up anywhere or it refused to install, nothing on Device Manager), but out of the blue one day it just worked.

(I assume it was after I tried out Optimized Defaults when messing around the BIOS one day.)

In addition, the touchpad worked perfectly whenever I used Linux, but would stop working if I went onto Linux, restarted, and booted into 8.1. However, it would somehow restore itself if I let the laptop go into sleep mode/hibernate on 8.1 and woke it up.

So. Now that I'm on 7, like before, I've been downloading various touchpad drivers with no degree of success (or it says it got installed, but I find nothing in programs/device manager that says it actually did so), trying to load Optimized Defaults on the BIOS does nothing, and I still can't find any mention of a touchpad anywhere on here.

Thoughts? (Using a USB mouse for now.)
>>
>>59825993
I see, thanks. I am guessing the PC freezes, too, because if I have music playing from my headphones, it also stops.
>>
Yesterday Google said there was unusual traffic from my computer network (it lasted maybe a couple of minutes). Am I already part of the botnet?
>>
Actual speed vs cache

I want to do a SFF build, and the case I'm looking at can only accomodate 2 x 2.5" drives. Assuming I use an M.2 drive for the OS, would using a 5TB hard drive and SSD with Intel Rapid Response be fast enough for overall productivity and gaming?
>>
I'm trying to make a persistent SD drive with Linux Mint, and everything works fine up to a point. I can install mint onto the drive, boot into it, and then complete the actual Mint install, including setting a memory partition for it, but once I reboot I get a kernel panic every single time. I can't seem to figure this out, any ideas?
>>
So are the EVGA 1070s and 1080s safe to buy nowadays?
>>
>>59826365
I would just avoid them in general--eVGA cards have consistently had problems to the extent where you would just wholly avoid them.

Just stick with Gigabyte or MSI. I still have a sour taste in my mouth with ASUS, and Zotac have come out with their odd cards that are decently rated.

These are brands that Micro Center carry--there are shitton more brands if you use the interwebs.
>>
I'm currently using Manjaro on a 1024x600 display, which is indeed a shitty resolution, sometimes I can't see the whole window, I was wondering if it's possible to "force" the 1024x720? I was able to do it in Windows 7 fucking around with the registry but I don't know how to do it here

Thanks in advance guys
>>
Suppose I have a laptop with mid/low-tier specs, but i want to run heavy-ish programs and games. Is it somehow possible to offload the computations to my more powerful desktop PC (say, via wi-fi), but still interact with the program in real time from my laptop?
>>
>>59826429
Interesting. I actually never owned an nvidia card so that's new territory for me.

I just thought of Evga because they have a 50€ cashback right now. But yeah the whole thing is a bit spooky. I don't know what part of it is real and what part of it is FUD since the whole story seems to originate from wccftech....

But my MSI mainboard has been doing great for 6 years or so now, so maybe I'll buy one of their graphics cards. Gigabyte might also be an option but the Aorus looks kinda retarded and the Windforce seems to be outdated...
>>
requesting for programming project recommendations to improve my programming skills. (No UI please I hate that stuff with a passion)
>>
>>59826451
You could setup a VPS with whatever spec you want and RDP/SSH into it from your laptop
>>
>>59825921
Thanks, at least now I know what to google.
>>
>"deactivated" facebook account a couple years ago
>find out recently it's still there showing the same old info to anyone who's logged into facebook
>there are friends on the friends list that I know I haven't added myself (not strangers though)
>also find out there is an instagram account in my name, following some random brazilian kid
>want to log in to see if account was actually lowkey hijacked by some bot to follow random brazilian kid or if I just accidentally clicked on something that made it happen
>locked out (indefinitely) for security reasons and the recovery methods can't be used for me (obsolete phone number etc)

i am livid
- if account was hijacked: how does it reactivate itself on its own, add people without the owner doing anything and also make an instagram account using the generic facebook info
- if not hijacked: how can the actual owner of the account be locked out HARD and yet some random bot/hacker can log in?
>>
>>59826585
i meant if not hijacked on first point and hijacked on 2nd point
>>
>>59826585
>I put all my info on some jew data mining website
>Now I lost access to all my shit, but my info is still there

What exactly were you expecting?
>>
I would like to learn about local descriptor tables and global descriptor tables as well as x86. IDT. Wikipedia was not clear please help.
>>
Any way to get past oracle's login bullshit so I can download an older version of Java?
>>
File: androidupdatemain.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
androidupdatemain.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
I want to try a different ROM, so I'm making a backup first.

What are nowadays the best ways of backing up app data (e.g. my score in a game)? I know Titanium was considered best for this, but I don't see much mention of it any more.
>>
Is there any way to hide the status bar in android apps universally?
>>
>>59822922
I'm sending a URL over to a website through the url like website.co.uk/index.php/url/https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news

How can I assign that to a variable in javascript?
>>
>>59824992
Bumping my question.
How to diagnose a computer when it's not even starting up ?
>>
>>59826811
Open it up and see if there's any loose connectors.
>>
>>59826811
Read out and scan harddisk on 2nd PC. Also measure if power supply is still working. (in my experience a broken PSU is most common)
>>
>>59822922
What's a good browser based video library tagger/manager?
>>
>>59826920
>>59826960
Already what I was planning to do. Thank you anyway, good thing I have a spare PSU I guess..
>>
Right now i can only afford a GTX 1050. Is it ok for 1080p gaming or should i save money for a better GPU?
>>
Hi /sqt/,
I’m currently trying to set up a FTP server so I can access my files from wherever I am in the world, and so far I could get it to work on a local network. However, when I try to connect from an external network, I get a timeout error.
Some additional info: the server was created with Filezilla Server.
I’m using a custom port range (5000-5100), using the compuret’s external IP in the passive mode settings, and I enabled FTP over TLS as well as disabled plain unencrypted FTP. I created an inbound rule in my firewall toward Filezilla Server allowing connections, and I also rerouted my router’s ports (20 and 21) to my server machine.
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>59822980
Kinda, swap to a vaporizer, smoke is bad for you.
>>59823003
Nope, do it.
>>59823013
I use NoScript everywhere I go, makes things load faster when you don't have to load up third-party websites in the background.
>>59823191
It's kind of rubbish, keeps crashing on my porn sites, had to swap to chrome, it's smaller and faster
>>59823231
Zenmap
>>59824040
qBittorrent
>>59824084
Malwarebytes
>>59824705
Worth every penny, believe it.
>>59824897
Probably, yes, but for now, just edit your start-up entries to improve boot times. You can do so from msconfig
>>59824984
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fourchan-dl/
>>59825779
Format it using diskpart from cmd
>>59825849
Pretty sure you just gotta setup Apache and port forward 80 and 443
>>59826035
Should like up the computer's model number on the manufacturer website and see which proprietary software they want you to install. I bet one of them is the driver you're looking for.
>>59826149
Why is Google telling you this? Update your router firmware and change your router login details
>>59826654
http://www.oldapps.com/java.php
>>59826811
If you don't hear a loud beeping, it's not the RAM, if you see lights, it's not the PSU or the mobo, which leaves, the processor. Probably overheated and fried. Hopefully the socket wasn't damaged.
>>59827112
Pretty sure it supports 4k, so 1080p gaming should be a breeze.
>>59827149
You port-forwarded? 5000:5100 and 20:21
>>
>>59827212
>You port-forwarded? 5000:5100 and 20:21
I mean, in the passive mode settings of Filezilla, I set the custom port range from 5000 to 5100, and on my router I forwarded its 20 and 21 ports to my machine’s 20 and 21 ports.
>>
As a fairly casual user who just wants some SSD storage for video games can I go wrong with a crucial mx300 SSD? It should be compatible with my GA-Z170-HD3P but I'm just wondering in general.
>>
Just got MPV, but can't find the input.conf. Using Win7 and checked the Appdata but has no information or config file. How do I edit the hotkeys and find the config?
>>
Is there an app for Android which I could use to change or try out different colours of facades when I take the picture of my house?
>>
File: 1-03.jpg (520KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1-03.jpg
520KB, 1200x800px
>>59827581
>>
>>59827577
If it's not there then you can just create a new text file and rename it to input.conf
>>
>>59827599
So should I place it on the Appdata Roaming or Local? Or does it have to be inside the folder with the exe?
>>
>>59827629
You have a few options for that. Either Appdata/Roaming/mpv/ or just in the folder with mpv.exe, I think the one in Appdata will take priority over the one in the mpv.exe folder. This should be in the manual.
>>
File: awoo gif.gif (1MB, 482x373px) Image search: [Google]
awoo gif.gif
1MB, 482x373px
>>59827654
Thanks, much appreciated.
>>
What exactly is an EMP?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12716886
>>
Can I package inject using an Android as an external wifi card (USB tethering)?
>>
>>59827713
A high altitude nuclear detonation
>>
>>59826692
i use oandbackup on f-droid
>>
File: 1486766787700.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486766787700.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
ip v6

Will we actually need to know shit about it?
Wont we stay forever on ipv4 for our local networks? Only IPS will need to deal with ipv6?
>>
>>59822922
sup guys

I am looking for a computer science term, which means data handling, like some data comes from backend service and I have to "transform" it to my own format or edit part of it.
How is this process called in proper terminology?
>>
File: IMG-20170410-WA0000.jpg (2KB, 89x98px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170410-WA0000.jpg
2KB, 89x98px
Bricked my Nexus 6P and I'm forced to use my old Moto G2. It's pretty slow. How can I make it use able (normie stuff)?

Bootloader is still locked, running on stock Marshmallow.
>>
>>59827809
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moto+g2+unlock+bootloader
>>
>>59825515
Depends on your motherboard, the recommended configuration is on the motherboard specification manual, but we are talking about 0.5-1 fps of difference here, there are some tests on youtube.
>>
>>59827581

Anyone?
>>
>>59827830
Not sure what to install then. Back to Lollipop? Install CyanogenMod or AOSP? I just want a minimal OS with GApps and no bloat, maybe some performance tweaks.
>>
>>59827797
de-/serialization
>>
File: sw-6181.jpg (16KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
sw-6181.jpg
16KB, 300x231px
can a "dual-link dvi to hdmi" cable support 2560x1440 resolution?

i have pic related and a shitty radeon r5 230, which supposedly supports that resolution with a dual-link dvi... but the screen just turns off every time i try that resolution. i am considering to borrow a GPU from someone to check if it is the cable's fault but i am asking her first.
>>
>>59827895
Ok, so negligible difference if any, thanks lad!
>>
؜>>59822922
why is my << always to the right? how do i fix this?
>>
How do i display my phones display on my desktop monitor screen? Lan doesnt work wifi does and i want to watch porn
>>
>>59828015
yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. thank you.
>>
>>59828089
you add U+061C which transforms the text to RTL.
>>
What's a pretty good Tablet to purchase for $250 or so.

I've been looking at the ASUS switch one 10 and the Amazon Fire HD10 but I'm open to all suggestions. It's mostly going to be for entertainment, reading ebooks and watching movies. Expendable memory is preferable and if I can connect an external HDD to play movies off of that would be perfect as well. Appreciate the help in advance.
>>
>>59822922
Whats the best distro if I want to escape the botnet?
>>
File: 4chan-ad-hot-waifus.jpg (55KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-ad-hot-waifus.jpg
55KB, 680x400px
I spend last 20 minutes reading ublock and adblock site and I still don't know to do it.
I got element
<div class='bimg sbot' id='b_640'>
that contains ad. I can just block this by doing
page.com##b_640

but the id is incremented with each new ad. So I added the regex and it does not work. What should I do?
>>
>>59828300
acer switch 10 with windows
I had one with win8 in hands
it felt extremely solid, metal body, and shockingly smoothly the basic was
magnetic keyboard also felt solid
>>
>>59828309
ubuntu, cuz you need reference point and cuz its actually good distro

manjaro, cuz you want noobie version of the best distro - arch
>>
>>59828393
block by class instead of id?
>>
Does that thing work? I have some spare laptop rams that I got for free and I would like to put them to use.
>>
>>59828732
do you have a DDR3 compatible mobo?
>>
>>59828783
Yes...
>>
>>59828732
i've got two of these, neigher works
>>
>>59828714
so like
page.com##.class_name
right? but what if class name has space inside like in my example?
page.com##.bimg sbot
does not work
>>
>>59828806
Well, fuck. What happens when you plug them? The PC just act like there is nothing on the slot?
>>
>>59828838
beeping like mad
>>
>>59828824
page.com##.bimg.sbot
>>
Can isp see what i type in omegle?
>>
Installation of visual studio 2017 fails on my computer with an unknown error and microsoft never replied to a customer support post with the same error code.
Is there anyway to download and install older visual studio versions without having to make a microshit account?
>>
>>59828911
does it use https? then no
>>
>>59828911
>can the ISP see information I send to their servers

yes, your ISP knows you're a pedophile.
>>
>>59828933
what does the error log say?
>>
guess this would be the place to ask, I'm trying to set up voice control for my mother who has nerve damage in one hand, is windows speech recognition augmented by ahk the best way to go or is there something better, and please don't mention dragon
>>
>>59828911
what tags are you using
>>
>>59828872
>>59828824
works perfectly, thanks anon
>>
>>59828958
I don't remember what it was or where it saved the error log, but I want to use this new vs community interface that lags for minutes at a time or spend 30 minutes waiting for the install to fail again to get a new log.
>>
What can I do to break into the software engineering field if I never got an internship during college?
>>
File: botnet.png (10KB, 368x227px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
10KB, 368x227px
Why?
>>
tl;dr : how stop win10 updates
>>
>>59829051
Captcha
>>
>>59829051
recaptcha

>>59829036
have a good idea and make a startup
>>
>>59829067
>>59829069
I suspected that, but is that it? No weird manipulation of Google's websites or anything?
>>
>>59829082
nope, but if you're still suspicious the thing is open source so you can audit it yourself if you know how
>>
>>59829082
Check the source if you think something's up
>>
>>59828943
I thought you could still have some sort of encryption with the host without https

>>59828949
>>59828968
Sorry to disappoint you but i was just wondering if there could be someone reading about my existential crisis
>>
If I graduate with an Info Science degree but lots of programming courses will I have a good chance of getting a decent software dev job provided my coding isnt shit
>>
>>59829094
>>59829109
Thanks for the info anons, just wanted to be 100% sure. I'll check the repo out, but if it's open source already I doubt there's anything malicious. Unless they have a private tree for the chrome plugin that the Web Store uses..
>>
Is it possible to set up 2 SSDs in a raid 0 array, then set up a raid 1 of that raid 0 to a hard drive?
>>
>>59828732
This really doesn't work? Getting some wouldn't be a bad idea since sodimm ram is cheap as fuck
>>
>>59829143
>https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=google
Yeah it makes sense now
>>
>>59827949
Bumping my question
>>
Getting a backup external HDD for gramps, running macOS Sierra w/ Time Machine and Thunderbolt v2 connections. Hesitant to recommend an expensive external hard drive if there is such a thing as desktop enclosure for custom hard drives. Better with RAID of some kind. Couldn't find anything in the archive.

My understanding of the current market for Hard Drives is that 1 TB drives are very stable, and increasing capacity brings increasing failure rate. No needs for huge amounts of data, so 5 TB drives seem... too risky for their cost.

Recommendations for either an external hard drive with about 2 TB of capacity, or an enclosure into which I can stick some stable drives? Thanks.
>>
Howdy folks, I'm having an issue where I'll start my computer up and run wildlands or the witcher 3 and I'll get about half the fps I should be getting. I'll restart the comp and boom, max fps. Any ideas on what it could be? Running an i7 7700k, gtx 1080, 960 evo's (os and another drive). Thanks in advance!
>>
I'm trying to define some const variables like so:

int main() {

const int EXIT_SUCCESS = 0;
const int FAKE = -1;

printf("Array Project start. Lukas McDowell.");

//more stuff

printf("Project end.");
return EXIT_SUCCESS;

}

I'm well aware this is a fucking noob question, but I have spent about a thirty minutes trying to figure this out and it's driving me insane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>59829444
Here's the error message:

proj31.c:16:12: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before numeric constant
const int EXIT_SUCCESS = (0);
^
>>
>>59829457
Never mind. It was the FUCKING UNDERSCORE FUCCK
>>
>>59822922

sudo apt-get install X does not work for anything I've tried intalling so far. Have I been lied to? Is this some kind of practical joke? I was told installing everything on linux is easy because you just have to type that one command, and yet here I am, seven hours later banging my head against the monitor. please help.
>>
Performing reverse DNS lookup on my VPS IP shows a domain I don't recognise and doesn't appear to be related to the VPS provider. How would the PTR record been set for this? Some kind of spam stuff?
>>
>>59827212
>It's kind of rubbish, keeps crashing on my porn sites, had to swap to chrome, it's smaller and faster
Switched to Chrome. Same problem.
>>
Anyone know how to bypass the originality check on Turnitin? I've heard it can be done by messing with the source code of the word document, unfortunately I'm too much of an idiot to know how to do this.

If anyone could do this successfully I'd renumerate them generously.
>>
>>59823000
There's no major difference between Reds and 7200rpm Blues, but since the Blues nowadays are 5400, it comes down to which you'd prefer.
If it's for performance/streaming, get the 7200s. If it's for archiving/storage, get the 5400s and save some money.

Nothing wrong with the pci expanders, provided Freenas supports them.
ZFS will make zero difference to Windows, that's just how freenas sees the disks and handles parity. Beyond that, file system can still be ntfs shared out over cifs/smb.

>this info provided on my testing from a few years back, so I may be wrong. no warranty n' shit.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
105KB, 1920x1080px
I've recently had this appear on my new install of Win10 and can't for the life of me figure out the cause. Anybody else ever had these appear, and if so, how owuld one go about removing them?
>>
File: vice_city.jpg (69KB, 722x252px) Image search: [Google]
vice_city.jpg
69KB, 722x252px
how do I learn about (a little) "professional" c++ projects strategies: multiple files, folders organization, h cpp, and, mainly, Makefiles?
(where would the program files contents of a software be in the development of a software? the "bin" folder?) i wanna apply this shit in my projects, even hello worlds
xD~ ;) :-D
>>
>>59828933
I'm about to go into autistic RMS fits about how bloated and laggy the installer is when I've literally spent probably 3-5 hours over the course of a week trying to install via the bootstrapper when it installs without error and with no window lag just doing it with the command line. RIP my datacap, 100 gigs over however many failed installs and uninstalls.
>>
File: StoreHandler.jpg (23KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
StoreHandler.jpg
23KB, 300x362px
Gonna be moving house soon. Would buying this be necessary? I've always just shoved my monitor and small tv in with my clothing and they were fine, but I've never moved a large tv around anywhere.
>>
>>59829575
Have you updated? Are you on debian?
>>
>>59822922
can someone give me a recommended resource for learning C as a beginner?
>>
Recommend an ATX case that can keep components cool and resistant to dust in the 20-80 dollar range?
>>
One of my computer fans makes that weird TRRRRRRRRR noise, how do I address this?
>>
>>59830262
Make sure it stops hitting the loose cable.
>>
Imageboard software suggestions? No Tinyboard/Vichan please.
>>
>>59830276
That was my first suspicion but I took the side panel off and made sure that no wires are loose and getting into the fans while this was happening.
>>
How much data do IRC clients transfer in normal usage scenarios? IRSSI for example
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 679x588px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 679x588px
>>59830305
11 weeks on a fairly small channel
>>
>>59830388
s/11/30 derp
>>
>>59830388
That seems a lot for text. Do the dozen of users really do that much?
>>
How do you access the source code on a Word document?
>>
>>59830429
No compression, no dedupe. Also you have to take channel events like joins, leaves, nickchanges, etc.

Keep in mind that's only about 4.5meg/channel/day.
>>
is the 7-inch fire tablet any good? i'm considering buying one since it's 40 bucks. i'm mostly just going to browse internet and watch anime on it. if i do end up getting it, should i buy the 12 dollar 32GB memory card?
>>
>>59830429
>>59830470
That, and also that's from ZNC, not a client, so there's buffer playback on connect so some text can get sent multiple times when you disconnect and connect later (by default I have set it to 500 messages back on connect).
>>
So what am I supposed to change in about:config anyway?
>>
>>59830505
Thanks I was just wondering how this would play out on a prepaid phone data plan.
>tfw stuck on 0.facebook
>>
>>59830092

I have no internet connection and I am on Ubuntu 16.04. I'm using a different computer for internet with windows vista to google why nothing is installing. I switched to ubuntu because I thought I wouldn't need to have an internet connection to do anything. Was that a mistake?
>>
File: Snapchat-1731544683.jpg (738KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1731544683.jpg
738KB, 1440x2560px
I tried updating Windows 10 and now I'm getting blue screens (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) And I think it's because I forgot to uninstall MacType. How do I remove MacType by using the automatic startup repair?
>>
>>59827743
anyone plais?
>>
File: 1489260089699.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1489260089699.gif
2MB, 320x362px
>buy 128GB SSD
>capacity: 119.24GB

>buy 128GB USB stick
>capacity: 115.31GB

This isn't a question but REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>59830727
yeah for anyone wondering 1024 vs 1000
>>
>>59830727
Are you using Winblows?
Microsoft counts gigabytes differently from the rest of the world.
>>
>>59830733
I'd also like to question how "1024 vs 1000" can give 119 vs 115 on supposedly equal-capacity devices

>>59830752
Debian
>>
On Android, certain apps will refuse to run if you have root or a custom rom, can this happen with just a custom recovery?
>>
>>59830767
The USB stick is lower quality flash and has more bad sectors disabled
>>
>>59830727

these guys(>>59830733 & >>59830752) are wrong. The things that's happening is that your SSD's controller is reserving a partion of your total capacity in case some sectors start nearing their write/read maximums or just get corrupt/broken otherwise. The amount reserved depends on the SSD and the technique the memory cells were built (TLC, MLC etc.).

Also, some filesystems have a bit of overhead for different purposes such as indexing, error correction etc.
>>
>>59830790
Certainly, I have TWRP installed and still have apps refuse access because of root.
>>
>>59830790
Use a proper root hider and stop worrying about that.

Currently happily rocking MagiskSU.

Unless there's stuff that detects even that nowadays and I was not aware

>>59830816
Technically the 1000vs1024 guy is probably right. You have a point too, but 4GB for file system indexing? doubt.jpg
>>
>>59830844
you seem to have missed the most important portion of my post: memory cell blocks being reserved for use in the future in case some other block goes bad. that's the main reason SSD's are sold (as an example,) as "240GB", and not "256GB" even though they actually have 256GB's worth of memory cells soldered in them. 16 gigs reserved to prolong the lifespan of the SSD.
>>
>>59830905
That's actually fascinating, never knew that (and always wondered why SSDs decided to deviate from power-of-two capacities).

But what about the USB stick though
Why the 4GB difference between the two
>>
File: 1491465845862.jpg (59KB, 330x465px) Image search: [Google]
1491465845862.jpg
59KB, 330x465px
>>59819294
>>
>>59830956
I believe that's what you suspected: marketing team screwing the customers; 128GB = 125GiB. subtract ~10gigs for spare cells & filesystem overhead, and you get close to that 115GiB. And in the SSD case most likely marketed with GiBs, so 128GiB minus ~10gigs is approx 119GiB. Minor variations might be caused by USB storage device error checking overhead.
>>
In Java how can I copy a char array from a string into a 2D Array?
I have a grid in a file like
###########
#--------------#
#-------######
###########

And I'm trying to read it in using a scanner and nextLine().
This is the closest I got which put in one row correctly, but everything I've been trying to get more than one row doesn't work. I know it's not incrementing the nextLine() but I'm not sure where to put it or if I should rewrite everything anyways.
int count = 0;
String line = input.nextLine();
char[] charArray = line.toCharArray();

for(int i = 0; i < mapR;i++){
for(int j = 0; j < mapC;j++){

if(count == charArray.length)break;

map[i][j] = charArray[i];
count++;
}
}
>>
>>59831086
Huh, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
Can I install windows vista drivers on a windows xp machine?
>>
>>59831393
Forget it, I can't.
>>
File: 52d6ffae62de6ea8a7b751384fd08b93.jpg (591KB, 1169x848px) Image search: [Google]
52d6ffae62de6ea8a7b751384fd08b93.jpg
591KB, 1169x848px
Same guy from last night about the W7 installing issue. Got it to work because of the whole legacy thing but now I'm getting this. I have two versions of ultimatex64 from different sources and they're both showing this. Wat do?
>>
So I just downloaded 4chanX, but it feels a bit overwhelming.. All I want to do is to filter some flags, comments and also change name on the file I upload. I don't want the new styles, don't really like them.

Any good tips?
>>
>>59831566
It means your SATA controller doesn't have drivers. Figure out what motherboard you have, download the "F7 driver disk" or the "installer driver disk" (or some variation) and use that.
>>
>>59830680
What? You need an internet connection to have the "easy" installation process. When you type "apt-get install whatever" your system tries to connect to the server where all the programs are to dowload and install what you need, ofc it doesnt work without internet.

>I switched to ubuntu because I thought I wouldn't need to have an internet connection to do anything. Was that a mistake?
Ubuntu has a lot of programs preinstalled but apparenlty you need some more, so yes.
>>
File: 148563747726.jpg (34KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
148563747726.jpg
34KB, 355x369px
Can someone recommend me a FREE Digital Audio Workstation?

I want to create some songs in my computer but I have no shekels to spend.
>>
>>59822922
I tried to customize my Windows 7 theme. I did all the patching bullshit, restarted my computer, and tried to set the theme and used the icon changers to change the icons. The theme didn't work at all, so I restarted my computer to see if changes would take effect. It didn't. Went to system restore and the restore point I had made deleted itself somehow. Glad I didn't fuck anything up too bad.
How do I properly do this? I just want a dark theme for Windows 7
>>
>>59831624
Ardour
>>
>>59831624
flstudio
anything can be free, anon
>>
>>59831624
Free as in what? I'd say cracked fl studio because it's really easy to use and just works
>>
File: SS_2017-04-05_10.png (71KB, 795x583px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2017-04-05_10.png
71KB, 795x583px
>>59823386
You don't need any upgrades aside from an SSD for faster loading. If you're going with Nvidia again wait for Volta or whatever comes after that.
>>
I have a Logitech mouse that it's about to shit the bed.

Could you tell me some good mouse brands? No gaymen bullshit, just durable and ergonomic mouses.
>>
where can I get a windows vista ISO?
>>
>>59831798
preferably starter*
>>
ipv4 address, How do i change it?

I require a solution that can reliably change my ip address everytime I need it to.
>>
>>59831967
firmly grasp your router by its girth and unplug the power cord

Don't forget to push it back in
>>
File: SS_2017-04-10_43.png (70KB, 608x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2017-04-10_43.png
70KB, 608x1024px
>>59831641
What did you use for patching? Go to nanami-tan.info and get universal theme patcher. Run it, restart, go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and to place your dark theme make it look like pic related. Go to personalization and see if it shows under installed themes.
>>
Bong here, I'm about to buy a house and, for the first time ever, actually have a choice of ISPs. Is Virgin 200Mbps fibre too good to be true?
>>
Can I visualize Mopidy-spotify + Ncmpcpp?
>>
>>59831601
I really don't know where to go with this. Would updating the current OS, W10, be wise?
>>
>>59830108
K&R
>>
>>59832023
Find out download speed and upload speed, and try to figure out whether there's a monthly cap or not.
>>
I have an external hard-drive (NTFS format) that says it is corrupt or unreadable when trying to access it on a computer with Windows 10. On a computer with Windows 8 it opens just fine.

Any idea why it would work on Windows 8 and not on Windows 10?
>>
what vpn do you guys use
>>
>>59832120
For what?
>>
>>59832120
ProtonVPN.
>>
>Using 4chan
>Suddnely Malwarebytes blocks a connection to a random site
God dammit hiroyuki.

How often this happens?
>>
>>59830108
Linux sytem programming
>>
>>59832023
Nope, a friend of mine has it, it's generally pretty good.

As with everything though, results may vary. My friend often gets upwards of 250Mbps off-peak, but I've heard of people having shitty speeds even with Virgin, so YMMV.
>>
>>59832071
>>59832179
thank you
>>
>>59832088
No monthly cap but it does throttle at peak hours (4-11pm) to 60MBps if you download more than 2GB per hour/3GB per 2 hours. Up speeds are 12Mbps.
>>
>>59832010
I had used Ultra UXTheme Patcher, I'll try this one
>>
>>59832189
Thanks, the throttling
>>59832208
is a little worrying but it's still no worse than what I'd see with other providers at full grunt for the same price.
>>
>>59831997
Not sure what im doing wrong, but the ipv4 address is exactly the same
>>
hey I just got a gtx 1080 from ebay, it said it was factory new without a box, it's still sealed but I can see the part that connects to the case is bent on the bottom, will this be able to fit in my case or should I send it back.

using a fractal design mini c with a matx motherboard.
>>
>>59832465
The one that goes inside the PCIe slot or the lock?
>>
File: 20170410_155551.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_155551.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>59832465
>>59832479
>>
File: Apps-008.jpg (45KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Apps-008.jpg
45KB, 460x276px
Instead of throwing more and more instant messaging programs onto the heap, why haven't companies been investing that money/effort into creating the most slick and normie friendly IRC client possible? Is there a reason that practically no company besides Twitch uses IRC?
>>
File: sampled desktop.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sampled desktop.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59832224
For system and file icons you'll have a much easier time if they're already pre-packaged in an installer like ipack. Search around on deviantart.
The navigation icons for things like windows explorer and file picker/uploader are a little trickier.
>>
>>59832484
If it becomes an issue get a plier and gently bend it back into shape
>>
File: 20170410_155541.jpg (1MB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_155541.jpg
1MB, 2268x4032px
>>59832465
>>59832479
>>59832484
one more pic
>>
>>59832484
That's just the part you screw to your case. See if you can strong-arm it back into shape. If not, technically not screwing it in properly isn't the end of the world, provided you don't knock your case around or do stuff that could unseat the card - but then it's up to you whether you're fine with whatever, or you want a properly installed card. Leaving it like that will put most of the weight of the card on the PCI connection; it's pretty sturdy but still worth bearing in mind.
>>
>>59832517
Ah the case lock.
Yeah dont worry.

You can ignore it but expect the card to sag.
>>
>>59832549
unless the gpu is on a horizontal mobo he's better off bending it back
>>
When are the next gen videocards supposed to come out?
>>
>>59832484
>>59832517
Just use something to carefully bend it back, no big deal. Can't really do more damage to that part, it's unusable as it is.
>>
>>59832601
Whenever the manufacturers feel like it. They like keeping people in the dark. Just buy what you want now. Next get wont be nearly the leap that last one was.
>>
File: Capture.png (74KB, 420x226px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
74KB, 420x226px
what is this malicious software?
MSE and MalwareBytes don't detect it. when the popup appears it makes a directory in AppData\Local with a setup.log file inside, the whole directory disappears when you close the popup.
>>
>>59832680
Yeah im really interested in the low end GPU market and the jump from GTX 950 to 1050Ti was huge.
RX 560 is just a rebrand so im not interested on it.

>>59832692
Its not malware, its adware.
Run Adwcleaner.

Read what you install next time.
>>
>>59832707
>Its not malware, its adware.
are you sure? it looks like a window pretending to be a bing search updater. the whole window looks wrong and its window borders don't match my aero theme.
>>
>>59832740
Yes, its your average scam that comes with shady installers.

Adwcleaner should get rid of it.
>>
>>59822922
I want to make some cloud storage service with a Raspberry Pi for me and some friends. I set up Nginx and I want to make some service for them to upload files from a web browser to a common repository.

Is there some already made platform to do that?
>>
Can I get a chill explanation of Ryzen's "4+4, 3+3, etc" core architecture, how much of a performance impact this has over "real" 8 or 6 core, and how relevant this is for a simple user?

For example, what if I run an application that uses 4 threads specifically on the "3+3" processor, will that cause worse performance than on a "real" 4 core processor?
>>
>>59832770
Easy as tits with PHP and Apache at least. Raspis suck for file services though, the Ethernet runs off the same chip as the USB bottlenecking it to shit, unless they've changed their layout for the new models.
>>
>>59832839
Good to know.
I don't care much about bottlenecking, it's going to be a low demand service, only for me and some friends to have a common anime and vidya repository.

By the way, are other minicomputers like Orange Pi and Odroid fit for the task?
>>
>>59831566
Bump. So apparantly I need XHCI drivers, which isn't supported by my laptop or my main PC and the only way to get said drivers is if I install W7 first, which in this situation is backwards as hell

Please tell me I'm wrong or there's another solution that doesn't require that I spend money on buying shit like a DVD reader or something
>>
>>59832770
I set up something really basic like this ~5 years ago with this script: http://www.phphq.net/php-scripts/phUploader#phUploader

I've hacked on the script quite a bit since then to make it work how I like. YMMV
>>
>>59832940
BIOS should have a way to enable compatibility drivers.

It should either be AHCI or IDE/Compatibility
>>
I am using KDE+Qtcurve with a transparent theme and everything is working but Firefox and Chromium, I've already set the GTK2 menu to the qtcurve theme, and the browsers are still opaque, anyone knows what should I do?
>>
Just bought this for my case. Did I do good?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KF7O58G/ref=ya_st_dp_summary
>>
>>59833065
Can't find anything drivers related on the bios (F.14)
>>
>>59833166
There should be a option in your BIOS that let you change the SATA mode to IDE(Compatibility) or AHCI.
>>
>>59822922
Anyone have experience with small audio amplifiers in the 30-50 watt per channel range? Been looking at them for days but there are so many different brands and the reviews on all of them are all over the place or they are stupid expensive. I can't make an informed decision on which to buy. Also, fuck tube amps.
>>
File: 1490444594650.jpg (136KB, 644x632px) Image search: [Google]
1490444594650.jpg
136KB, 644x632px
How do I send a TCP/IP request with C++?
>>
>>59833180
I'm limited with the boot options in the system config menu. Aside that there's language and fan options. I got nothing sata related which I'm confused about myself
>>
>>59833391
Could you post some pictures?
>>
>>59832940
you need to slipstream the drivers in the iso. if you search for "slipstream ahci win7" or something it should help you.
>>
>>59833402
Pics coming soon, internet being a bitch right now
>>
>>59833342
The same way you would using C, except more stupid.
>>
File: 1490460959750.gif (3MB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490460959750.gif
3MB, 312x234px
>>59833608
How do you do it in C then?
>>
>>59833391
It wouldn't surprise me that you would lack common features other BIOS have, HP are such faggots.
>>
>>59833342
i think most people define their custom protocol in protobuf
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 957x478px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 957x478px
What would be the cause for my intermittent lag spike with my wireless card? Every 10 ticks of my ping test it spikes astronomically high and it's pissing me off. I can't seem to figure it out. I have an Archer T6E wireless card.
>>
Can someone add a patch here which adds logging of requested object size? I'm too stupid to figure it out.
https://pastebin.com/cx2P2DBj

Couldn't post the link here because of spam detection.
>>
>>59833637
Good news: it's the old one my parents bought me during high school. I'm pretty sure my main PC has it

>>59833402
imgur album: a/vQRtP
>>
I have a SATA II motherboard. I know if I install a harddrive that is SATA III it will only go to SATA II speeds. But is there any restrictions to HD cache? Can the hard drive use the full 64mb only like 16 or 32mb be available?
>>
>>59833712
And under +Boot options?
>>
>>59833666
NSA is watching.
Satanic digits prove it.
>>
what is a device called thats connected to a modem with an ethernet cable and broadcasts wireless network?

sort of like a wifi repeater except it gets its internet from lan instead of wlan
>>
>>59833766
Router?
>>
>>59833750
The second image shows that in the album
>>
>>59833766
wireless router or access point.
>>
>>59833793
I been looking a bit about your computer, you should have no problems in the installer.

How did you made the USB bootable and added the USB 3.0 drivers?
>>
I just bought a phone holder style vr head set, how do I get an S7 to set chrome to run in binocular rendering mode so I stop getting text transposition?

My eventual intent is to make some AR programs out of boredom and dickwaving using it.
>>
>>59833832
Used rufus. I don't know anything about USB3.0 on this thing but I'm trying the one USB slot on the right side now
>>
When I leave my computer on with no programs running that take a lot of CPU power my computer I believe goes into sleep mode, but I think it crashes momentarily. I've never seen it happen before. But I know my computer crashes and then my computer can't find the Windows 7 boot. I have to change the Secure Boot settings in my BIOS to solve this issue every time. What is causing this?
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (539KB, 1148x662px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
539KB, 1148x662px
>>59833892
Good news: I got out of the driver menu thing
Bad news: pic related
>>
What happens if I boot my pc and theres two Local Disk C hdds plugged in my computer?
>>
>>59833963
You can't install MBR/Legacy Windows on a GPT-formatted disk. You'll have to reformat the entire disk
>>
Any good ffmpeg guide for beginners?
>>
What is the best OS to use if I want to browse lots of really shady and nebulously legal porn websites?
>>
>>59833989
Windows reassigns whichever one was not the boot drive to the next available letter
>>
>>59834008
Probably Tails
>>
>>59834002
Done, but I still don't have the option to install. Whats next?
>>
>>59834010
Do the programs installed in the other drive still automatically start up when booting?
>>
>>59834008
Serious answer: If it's actually illegal, nothing is safe. If it's just shameful, but legal, it doesn't matter.

Trust me on this Anon, don't listen to anyone else. Don't do that shit.

There's a lot of network tracking, tapping, OS insecurities, hardware backdoors, etc... that are simply too poorly documented.
>>
Hey guys, my previous boot drive was a tiny 50GB SSD so I bought a slightly less tiny 120GB one. I used software to clone my first drive to my new one.

Now how the hell do I get my PC to boot from my new SSD? I changed the BIOS settings but it'll keep recognizing my old drive as the C: drive, and if I unplug it, my PC gives me an error and won't start. Any ideas?
>>
>>59834025
Did you manually delete all of those partitions in the screenshot? You can't convert from GPT to MBR and keep any existing partitions

>>59834029
No, it will just act like a normal data drive

>>59834048
What software did you use to clone it?
>>
>>59834064
EaseUS Todo Backup. Pretty sure it's Chinese or some shit.

Do you think it's because the cloning went bad? I thought I skipped a few steps.
>>
>>59834064
Oh, I have to delete all of the partitions you meant? I don't mean to prematurely press the big red button
>>
>>59834111
Probably, just try and use something like CloneZilla

>>59834120
Note: This will completely erase all data on the drive.

Since the entire disk can only be formatted as GPT *or* MBR, you have to delete all partitions to switch from one to the other. Select each partition, then click the red x to delete it. Once all the partitions are gone, you should be able to install it on the free space that is there. This process deletes all your data on the drive, so don't do it unless you don't care about that data.
>>
How do I unshare a folder or drive on windows 10?

There's no share tab in right click > properties, and I tried both options in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753475(v=ws.11).aspx , but for both, up to a certain point, it tells me "the server has not been started".
>>
I posted this in /dpt/ but it might be a stupid question

I did a thing in Javascript last night and now I'm trying to figure out if it's a bad thing to do. Problem is, I don't know what to call it.

function test(number) {  
const num = (number === undefined) ? 'none' : number;
const message = {
one: () => {
return 'one';
},
two: () => {
return 'two';
},
}[num](); // immediately invoked function
console.log(message);
}

this produces:
test(); // 'none'
test('one'); // 'one'
test('two'); // 'two'
test('three'); // error, message['three'] is not a function

It seems to be equivalent to the following, but O(1) instead of O(n) (where n is the number of cases)
function test2(num) {
const message = (num==='one') ? 'one' :
(num==='two') ? 'two' : 'none';
console.log(message);
}

Does anyone know what you call this sort of thing, using an object with functions instead of a branch operator?
>>
>>59834270
>Does anyone know what you call this sort of thing, using an object with functions instead of a branch operator?
Ascension.
>>
>>59834111
Use macrium reflect, and make sure you clone all partitions. Also make sure the old SSD is not attached during first boot.
>>
File: gay.png (412KB, 1018x789px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
412KB, 1018x789px
Should I do it? Looks like a good deal, just for the CPU alone.
>>
File: CHOON REE.png (1MB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
CHOON REE.png
1MB, 2200x1650px
>>59834174
Oh fug it actually worked thank you for your patience with me anon, have a chun li drawing I did that you will probably not like as my way of showing gratitude
>>
>>59834383
Hell to the yes dude, it's totally worth and at absolute worst you could easily resell and recoup 100% of costs.
>>
>>59834383
Seems good. Only thing I would be concerned with is it seems a little too good to be true. Double check that shit before you hand over the money.
>>
>>59834433
I'm 99% sure this guy is a complete idiot and just trying to get a quick buck, though I'll check the components before I buy
>>
i just got a zuk z2. can i install a custom rom from ubuntu? i dont have a windows computer.

also, which rom should i use? im not really a power user. the slim one looks good. i mostly just use phone for audio books and texts
>>
>>59834270
I'm not a JS expert but I'm pretty sure that isn't O(1) because the worst case lookup in an associative array is O(N).
>>
>>59834392
No problem, glad I could help
>>
File: 1450680015291.png (284KB, 1527x859px) Image search: [Google]
1450680015291.png
284KB, 1527x859px
I'm trying to create a basic program in Java for some other classmates that will select a random passage from some texts we're reading and tell them to read it as practice.

However, my practical programming knowledge is very limited so I don't know how to deploy the code in a way that they can use the program without running it in an IDE like I am or messing with path variables to run it in a shell like I've tried. I've already written the program and it works, I just don't know how to share it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>59834392
Not the person you were talking to, but that is a super cute drawing, I really have to say that. I would answer questions all night every night for this.
>>
>>59834392
I assume you have the drivers around and you wont need help with that right?
>>
>>59833962
That sounds hella weird. Could be a bad motherboard or something like that. I'd try upgrading your BIOS though.
>>
>>59834666
No I don't actually, but I'm planning to do that when I get back from doing a thing. Hopefully I won't jinx myself when I say it, but it can't be that hard to find all the necessary ones right?

>>59834629
Tenk yoo this is probably one of my best works after trying to learn how to draw in just about a year :>
>>
>>59833719
Not that I'm aware of. HD cache is handled by the logic board on the harddrive and AFAIK it's totally transparent to the OS and storage controller. There are low level commands to read/write without the cache (say if you are testing raw performance or doing weird disk recovery things), but the cache itself is still controlled on the logic board. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>59834754
No, you could use 3DP Network for the Wireless drivers.
And 3DP Chip to find which ones you need(This program installer has adware like most installers so a little reminder to uncheck the other programs, but the program is perfect if you wonder).
>>
>>59834773
Also you will need 4.5 net framework, you can find it by just googling it.
>>
>>59834493
I just looked it up and worst case for a hash table is O(n), but on average, property lookups are constant time (O(1)) in Javascript.
>>
>>59834803
>>59834773
>>59834754
And the download link(magnet) for Daz Loader which you will need to activate windows if you dont have a key:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:37041ba60196e8eff7050a801ebe73cedb8c0748&dn=Windows%20Loader%20v2.2.2&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969
>>
>>59834754
Most shit installs automatically with windows update. Just check your Device manager afterwards and see what's still missing
>>
New Thread

>>59834700
>>59834700
>>59834700
>>59834700
>>
Hey so I decided to try here before thinking about starting a thread. I've been doing some preliminary research before my first computer-building project and I've come up on a problem. I'm not as computer literate as some people here (I came from a Mac family), and I wanted to start off with Windows 7 with this build. However, the more I read the more I'm getting paranoid about shady Microsoft practices. However, I don't think I have the practice to get anything done on a Linux-based OS. Should I make an attempt at making Windows 7 more secure, or should I just bite the bullet and learn how to use Linux?
>>
>>59834864
>Installing updates using windows update ever
Its like you want problems to happen.
>>
>>59834917
Do both.

Use Windows 7 and Linux at the same time.
>>
>>59834922
What alternative are you suggesting? WSUS offline?
>>
I have the original iPad. Is it completely useless and obsolete or does it have a use?
>>
>>59834354
I can't figure out if this is a joke or an actual term
>>
>>59831746
The latest dethadder is comfy,no issue with drivers either
>>
>>59834383
>ssd
>5.9
wat?
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.