[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 36

File: Linux.jpg (1MB, 2999x1933px) Image search: [Google]
Linux.jpg
1MB, 2999x1933px
Previous thread: >>59813088

Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (try to use a search engine that respects your benis such as searx, ixquick or startpage).

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

>What distro should I choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

>What are some cool programs?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page

>What are some cool terminal commands?
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://bropages.org/

>Where can I learn the command line?
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/

>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html

>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/749768
/t/'s GNU/Linux Training Videos: >>>/t/713097

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy
>>
first for systemd
>>
first for Soure Mage GNU/Linux
>>
File: 1475939316252.png (70KB, 312x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475939316252.png
70KB, 312x402px
>>
Trying to get arch working and going through the setup everything was fine but once I reboot into my new system I can't find my wireless network when I scan for it and just trying to join it doesn't work either. When I boot back to the live usb it appears and I can connect to it just fine, what do?
>>
File: 1472894810963.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472894810963.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>59821581
>tux
>linux
>open source
>angry b/c preinstalled windows costs money
>>
>>59821872

You have to reconfigure it after you leave live-cd. Did you ask this earlier or is it a different guy?
>>
>>59821930
Same guy, I have reconfigured it, several other networks show up but not my one
>>
>>59821947
If it works with the Live USB it generally works so you still must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>59821970
I'm sure I am doing something wrong but I've followed every instruction to a T, can you think of any particular reason why a certain router wouldn't show up while others do? or any other kind of diagnostics I could run?
>>
>>59821970
Should I just [spoiler]install gentoo?[/spoiler]
>>
>>59821975
That certian router uses a different kind of network?
>>
>>59821872

$ sudo pacman -S wpa_supplicant wireless_tools network-manager network-manager-applet wpa_actiond dialog

#do that on live cd is you cant get internet to download then swap back over

$cp /etc/netctl/examples/wireless-wpa /etc/netctl/anyname123

$ip-a
get your adaptor name is the enp3s0 equvelent for the wireless adaptor

nano /etc/netctl/anyname123
#fill in the relevent fields, like ssid, password, security(wpa most likley)
save and exit

$netctl start anyname123

Try that and tell me if it works.
>>
>>59821990

networkmanager***
>>
>>59821990
It did not, journalctl says WPA association/authentication failed for interface 'wlp6s0', I'd assume because it's unable to find the network. Any other suggestions or should I just give up?
>>
I installed debian with windows a few months ago, now I want to switch to ubuntu, how should I go about uninstalling debian? I'm afraid I won't be able to boot into windows if I just delete the partition
>>
>>59822137
So what? Unless you wanted to install Ubuntu from a running installation there's not much difference if the partition you want to install it to is empty or not.
>>
>>59822137
Which order did you install debian and windows? If windows first then debian you will probably still have the Windows boot manager so deleting the debian partition will be fine.

To be safe make sure you get the windows product key wrote down before deleting the partition, speccy wil give it you.
>>
>>59822177
idk how grub works, one time I couldn't get back on windows after installing/uninstalling suse
>>59822183
Yeah I installed windows first. So it's safe to just delete the partition? I don't need to do anything extra?
>>
>>59822354

It should be fine yes, if you are completly paranoid make a windows usb with the iso file, that will allow you to recover your windows even if you delete the boot loader.

Grub is a boot loader, it is loaded by your bios and points to the operating system. Windows has it's own version of grub called Windows Boot Manager.
>>
I'm a long time Debian user now trying Manjaro on my new laptop

The installation was not 100% foolproof just works, I had to manually install xorg-synaptics for touchpad customization and install kernel version 4.10.8 for optimus to work.

Grub wasn't correctly install on UEFI, but that's probably because I booted from manjaro live iso image in usb drive

Other than that it's all great, much easier than debian unstable/experimental, still not used to pacman and not much update-* tool like in debian, but I'll give it a try.

I convert my old debian installation to bootable external SSD in case something wrong and need to get back quickly though
>>
>>59822378
>Manjaro
Friendly reminder that the Manjaro devs forgot to update their site's certs TWICE and that they have a terrible track record when it comes to releasing security patches to their packages.
If you want Arch but don't want to bother with the install process then just use one of the many arch installers available to you.
>>
>>59822409
Thanks for the reminder! I already forgot about it!
>>
>>59822378
don't let fool you by underaged archkids, manjaro is fine
>>
>>59822409
What's a good KDE Arch installer ?
tried Kaos before manjaro, but the available packages are too few
>>
>>59822475

Why not just install arch then install the packages, it's really not that difficult and you will learn alot more about the system.
>>
How do I spawn an empty window in i3? I can't remember the keybind/command for it for the life of me.
>>
>>59822475
Don't fall for this guy >>59822508.
>>
>>59822508
Because no one with a life wants to spend hours installing an OS, when any GUI installer only takes a few minutes.
>>
>>59822545

What exactly is wrong with what I said?
>>
>>59822567
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mis take in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>59822475
A N T E R G O S
>>
>>59822378

>xorg-synaptics
It's deprecated, switch to the X libinput driver.
>>
>>59822572
you didn't ask if he had crippling autism before suggesting him Arch
>>
>>59822587

>all my knowledge about things stems from memes
I doubt you'll ever be able to talk about things with actual, self researched and thought out comments so just go ahead and kill yourself, you myth spreader.
Your next comment will be "lol butthurt archfags", because you are so predictable. See again my advice from above, kill yourself. You and everyone else who only parrots memes while thinking he's hot shit for knowing some "Linux stuff".
>>
>>59822567

Then don't use arch, it's not difficult. Manjaro doesn't make sense as a distro, just install ubuntu is you don't want to mess with the configuration.

On here people who use manjaro call arch users autists, while at the same time posing their pedo riced dekstops at every opportunity.
>>
>>59822602

>you don't want to mess with the configuration.
You can configure the software the same on every distribution. It's the same software.
>>
>>59822602
customizing after the fact is not the same as spending 2 hours or more installing.
>>
>>59822620
fuck off
>>
>>59822612

Yes but with Manjaro you can get a fully functioning arch disto, but don't know how any of it's working. The first time something breaks you don't know where to begin. The average Manjaro user probable doesn't even know what Xorg is.

>>59822620
It takes 20 minutes to install arch if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>59822634
>It takes 20 minutes to install arch if you know what you are doing.

That's not a point in its favor.
>>
>>59822646

I was telling him why it's wrong not a selling point. Into the filter you go.
>>
File: 1468922554240.png (871KB, 650x4377px) Image search: [Google]
1468922554240.png
871KB, 650x4377px
>>
>>59822656
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59822653
Don't reply to me. I don't want to catch whatever it is you have.
>>
what is the best distro for gaming?
>>
>>59822676

Windows 10.
>>
>>59822681
kys
>>
>>59822580
libinput is ok for browsing facebook. It's missing serious features though just like most freedesktop/Red Hat/Gnome software nowadays
>>
>>59822769

It moves the cursor. It has a built in and way better "disable touchpad while typing" feature. Those two things are enough for normal people.

>serious features
>touchpad
Kill yourself you pretentious idiot. If you want to pull your elitist card at least think about it a bit before spouting your retardation around here.
>>
Why aren't you guys using the most patrician window manager, Window Maker?
>>
>>59822676
SteamOS
>>
>>59822788
but i am using the most patrician window manager, TheOneIUse.
>>
File: 2000879126.jpg (99KB, 840x504px) Image search: [Google]
2000879126.jpg
99KB, 840x504px
I am running ubuntu mate and I have a radeon r9 380x graphics card. Ubuntu mate tells me that graphics card drivers for my card are no longer available so it is using open source drivers. amd tells me they do have drivers for this version of ubuntu for my card. how do I uninstall the open source driver so I can install the amd drivers.
>>
fuck me, I'm retarded

>installed zsh yesterday to check it out
>did chsh -s /usr/bin/zsh
>ended up not liking it, so I uninstalled it
>didn't chsh back to my old shell
>today I rebooted
>couldn't log in, because zsh was still my shell, but it wasn't there

at least I leaned how to chroot from a live usb
>>
>>59822806
install gentoo
>>
>>59822820
Didn't have root access?
>>
>>59822831
no root user
made a second user that can use sudo, just in case I fuck anything up again
>>
>>59822840
>no root user
is that even possible? or did it just have no password?
>>
>>59822840
or, I should say, I don't know the root user's pasword
>>
>>59822137
>>59822354
Why delete the partition first? Why not just have the Ubuntu installer reformat and install over that partition?

Ubuntu will install its own GRUB onto the hard drive so things should behave exactly the same as when you had Debian's GRUB.
>>
>>59822508
I wan't to say but "I can't watch cat videos while installing" then I saw https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_from_existing_Linux
>>59822602
>>59822567
Installed Manjaro last night because I need something working by Monday, will try vanilla Arch in a spare external HDD when I have the time
>>59822580
Elantech1200 touchpad still needs synaptics for full functionality like edge scrolling
>>59822576
>default to GNOME
other distros that default to GNOME has given subpar KDE experience so far, including kwin crashes in Debian
>>
what distro should I use? I want something that's:
>minimal installation. preferably not much bloat, no DE installed by default and no unnecessary packages (like Arch)
>no systemd, or at least an officially supported option for something else. IMO runit>openrc>systemd>sysv.
>a decent number of packages. I'd use void, but it apparently has very few packages.
>need a small amount of proprietary software like nvidia, steam and libspotify.
I wouldn't mind trying a compiling distro like gentoo. How many packages does gentoo have compared to Arch and the AUR?
>>
>>59822840
You can do "sudo passwd" to gain access to root if you want. Are you on Ubuntu by chance? I know that it disables root by default.
>>
>>59822895
ubantu
>>
>>59822897
>I know that it disables root by default
yes
I'm fine now though, the second user will do if I fuck anything up again. And if that's not enough I know how to chroot now from a LiveUSB
>>
>>59822895
Arch gets bloated pretty fast, it very rarely splits packages and if I recall its kernels are built with all modules.
>>
>>59822895

Every distribution has a minimal installer.
You don't even know what systemd is, you idiot.
Every distribution has approximately the same amount of packages, that's not a reason to use a distribution. Maybe for retards like you.
You can install proprietary software on any distribution.

Just stick to Windows you pretentious idiot. You are not impressing anyone by dropping big words and phrases like "I don't want systemd" or "Void".
There isn't a distribution for every niche case. If you actually needed such a distribution, you'd know where to find it (hint: advanced people realize that there are only a handful of distributions worth using and they use one of those for warranted reasons).
Kill yourself.
>>
>>59822895
Unironically Gentoo
>minimal installation. preferably not much bloat, no DE installed by default and no unnecessary packages (like Arch)
Check. Since you compile most of the programs you use, you can even debloat things on a per-package basis
>no systemd, or at least an officially supported option for something else. IMO runit>openrc>systemd>sysv.
Check
>a decent number of packages. I'd use void, but it apparently has very few packages.
https://packages.gentoo.org/ vs https://www.archlinux.org/packages/ seems like pretty similar numbers
>need a small amount of proprietary software like nvidia, steam and libspotify.
Check.
>>
i installed kde and it sucks. What gui is like windows?
>>
>>59823023
XFCE & Cinnamon
>>
>>59822918
Are you the same faggot that tells people to kill themselves when they say anything even slightly critical of systemd, or asks what distro to use? You always word it in a similar way. Kill yourself.
>>
Windows babby here, what's the best linux for a newbie
>>
>>59822945
fuck it I'm trying Gentoo
Any tips for a new user? How long is compiling going to take on a i7-7700HQ (quad core) compared to a i7-7500u (hyperthreaded 4 thread dual core with same clock)? Not sure which to get in a new laptop for gentoo.
>>
>>59822918
I'm not him, but what distro should I use? I'm pretty experienced with Linux.
>>
>>59823227
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59823217
Debian, Mint or Ubuntu. Mint is a crude hack, and has security problems. Ubuntu is run by a business (canonical) and is easy to start with, slightly easier than Debian, but canonical has done shady stuff in the past. Debian is great. The other two are based on it. It's incredibly stable with slightly out of date software, so it won't work on very new hardware. It's easy to install software and use for noobs without any canonical bullshit. Just read the wiki for whatever you want to do.
>>
>>59823201

Most likely, but my point isn't really related to systemd. It's about people adopting superficial opinions they deem bold and edgy just to appear knowledgeable and smart. It happens a lot in Linux related topics.
>>
>>59823247
>canonical bullshit
?
I don't see how Ubuntu being run by a company impacts a new user in any way. When they had ads in Ubuntu it was a bit shady but you could still turn that off.

As far as a new user is concerned, Ubuntu is better than Debian because 90% of all forum posts you find about problem X the user will be on Ubuntu so it makes sense to give the new user the distro that everyone else is using.
>>
i installed cinnamon but i have no terminal
whats the default terminal for cinnamon?
>>
>>59823327
GNOME terminal
>>
>>59823218
Just that using genkernel instead of configuring your own kernel can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes you to install gentoo.
Of course, I'd still say definitely configure your own if you have the time for it. But starting with genkernel is fine because it can significantly lower the entry barrier (especially if you're autistic and can't handle configuring the kernel without going through every single fucking option 1-by-1 like I did) and you can always go back and configure your own later if you want.

As for the compile times, it's not that bad. For most of the little packages you'd barely even notice a difference between installing the binary and compiling. There's really only like a handful of packages (like firefox, libreoffice, gcc, or wine) that'll take up to maybe 30min to an hour.

To minimize compile times make sure you set the right parallel jobs value in makeopts. Just get the value with
>cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor
and take the number of processors reported + 1. So for an i7 you'll probably see 8 cores reported meaning you'll probably want to set the value
>MAKEOPTS="-j9"
in your /etc/portage/make.conf
>>
>>59822602
>Manjaro doesn't make sense as a distro
>ubuntu does
They are the same concept applied to two different distributions. Kill yourself meme spouting faggot.
>>
File: 1491257214327.jpg (69KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491257214327.jpg
69KB, 720x540px
>>59822918
>you pretentious idiot.
Oh hey look it's that guy who always calls people 'pretentious' while he chokes on a million dicks. Eat shit homedawg.
>>
File: 1473621669001.png (23KB, 577x172px) Image search: [Google]
1473621669001.png
23KB, 577x172px
>>59823280
You're projecting again pretentious-chan
>>
>>59822918
>(hint: advanced people realize that there are only a handful of distributions worth using and they use one of those for warranted reasons)
see >>59823631
>>
With gentoo, the wiki says my makeopts should have j2 for single core, j3 for dual core etc. If it's dual core but 4 threads do I put 5 or 3?
>>
File: ffff.jpg (302KB, 1280x969px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
302KB, 1280x969px
>>59821581
I'm installing a new *nix system on an old computer, which I'm not planning in using a lot but need for certain simple operations.
I don't want Arch or Gentoo, which I normally use, in it, because I'm not going to be able to monitor this system constantly and don't want it going to shit.
So I need some gay, friendly, at least somewhat stable distro. But with enough flexibility that I can change some stuff if they turn out unbearable to me.

Because of all the memesters I tried installing Debian stable but it gave me a stupid problem that Debian wouldn't even let me figure out what it was, so I gave up on it. Because it's gay.

So I talked with some people on a previous thread and they convinced me to give a try to OpenSUSE, which I'm reading about, and preparing to install now.

If someone wants me to convince me otherwise and recommend something else for this particular case, please speak up.
Anything but Ubuntu.
>>
>>59823899
Just run
>cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor
and take the number of lines + 1.
If you see 4 lines (processor 0 through 3) then you'd use -j5. If you see 1 line then you'd use -j2, etc..
>>
>>59823914
maybe manjaro? I've never used it though. But that's probably what I'd go with if I wanted an easy upkeep machine without too much bloat. It's a newer distro though so who knows how it runs on older machines.
>>
>>59824169
I didn't think of an Arch based distro to begin with, because I know Arch pretty well and thought this could be an interesting opportunity to learn something new. But that's just a detail.

Are there any obvious advantages for Manjaro over SUSE, besides possibly less bloat?
>>
>>59823914

Every distribution has to be "monitored constantly" the same amount of time. You use the same software on every distribution.
>>
>>59824324
I have no experience with either, only some minor research on manjaro, and I don't really know anything about opensuse.

Also the thread is just going really slow, so I thought I'd just throw a suggestion out there for the distro I have in mind if I ever wanted to quickly set up a machine without a lot of hassle.
>>
what is a distro that looks great out of the box? preferably kde or xfce but gnome is tolerable
>>
>>59824487
The software is pretty much the same between distro, the differences are package managers, release type and so on. Out of the box, *buntu, or arch/its derivates.
>>
File: 1305928614299.jpg (52KB, 478x352px) Image search: [Google]
1305928614299.jpg
52KB, 478x352px
>>59824523
>The software is pretty much the same between distro
>>
>>59821581

Anyone here with experience with both Arch and Gentoo. After the initial setup and configuration which one is the biggest timesink?
>>
>>59824523
Stop trolling, nigger. Arch doesn't look like anything out of the box, it doesn't even have X11 if you don't install it.

>>59824487
Distros don't look this or that way, DE's are responsible for that (in the sense you seem to want). Most friendly distros will alow you to choose which DE to use as you install it, or when you download the .iso. Just look for some that have options in that sense, and it will look like the DE you chose.
>>
>>59821581
Anyone here play guitar? Any good effects processor on GNU+Linux?
>>
>>59824831
I don't play it, but use guitar effects on electronic production. There's loads of stuff out there, and ultimately it's just about personal preference.

A very good and flexible one to start with is:
http://guitarix.org/
>>
>>59824919
Neat, thanks.

Also I just remembered about the existence of Rackarrack.
>>
I've been meaning to try it for a while, but didn't get around to it yet.
The complicated part of audio in GNU/Linux is that there's so much stuff, and not that many people talking about it so you can get references on what to try. I mean, there are discussions about it, but they'll diverge a lot on what is more relevant.

I migrated some 3 months ago, and haven't got around to really get used to each tool, because there's so many.

I don't know if you're just about things only specifically for guitars, but one thing I discovered recently and was pretty amazed by it was
http://eq10q.sourceforge.net/?page_id=16
>>
File: 8fd.jpg (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8fd.jpg
44KB, 657x527px
>wireless card requires nonfree firmware
should I get a new one that doesn't, or is that just retarded? what card is the best?
>>
File: question01.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
question01.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
I am trying to give a specific group write permission for a folder.

The solution I find is to use `chmod g+w /path/to/folder` to "give a group write access to the folder".

What I do not understand is how I specify the group there?
>>
>>59825095

Make the directory owned by that group.
>>
>>59825095
I'll answer your question if you post it again without the image, animefag
>>
I picked up a dedi with 2 HDDs, how would I go about merging them?

$ fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sda: 2.7 TiB, 3000592982016 bytes, 5860533168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: 3F3E41B7-54BE-4A02-AC19-F706D2EB7C3E

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
/dev/sda1 4096 16781311 16777216 8G Linux swap
/dev/sda2 16781312 17829887 1048576 512M Linux filesystem
/dev/sda3 17829888 2165313535 2147483648 1T Linux filesystem
/dev/sda4 2165313536 5860533134 3695219599 1.7T Linux filesystem
/dev/sda5 2048 4095 2048 1M BIOS boot

Partition table entries are not in disk order.

Disk /dev/sdb: 2.7 TiB, 3000592982016 bytes, 5860533168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

I don't think I partitioned the second disk correctly, all I want is to 'add' the second HDD so I can use all my storage
>>
>>59825225
Oh god why does sda3 have 1TB of storage god I really stuffed this one up
>>
>>59825137
> Use `chgrp`
That did the trick, thank you anon.
>>
>>59825048
If you absolutely want one that works libre then go ahead and get one. H-node.org has a list of hardware and if they work or not with libre systems. ThinkPenguin sells libre USB wifi adapters for $25 I think.
>>
Is there an equivalent of networkmanager (I mostly use nmtui and want something that just works, and has a runit service) that doesn't depend on polkit and dbus? dbus is tolerable but I loathe polkit, it was a mistake.
>>
>>59825354

Why is Polkit a mistake?
>>
>>59825354
Wicd?
>>
>>59825354
>>59825401
>hating dbus and polkit
there must be something good about them given that basically every distro, including gentoo has them by default at this point. mind elaborating?
>>
>>59825401
he read too much suckless.org and cat-v and fell for memes
>>
OP wants to have a friendly discussion about Linux with Linux users involved? That's like asking a to have a friendly discussion about Linux with Linux users involved...
>>
What the fuck is wrong with linux install media these days?

So I installed Arch a while back. But the fucking EFI partition on the image was looking for the wrong OS name. I thought it was just LiLi being retarded, so I DD'd it on my other linux install, and it does it again with different names! I had to go in and fix the boot entries myself.

And now I'm trying to install Qubes OS, I use LiLi, and i shit you not, not only does it give me an "end of entry" error, but the printout from GRUB is fucking backwards. Like something out of a cartoon.

How the fuck does this crap get past anyone anywhere on the chain? Do people not check that their install media successfully fucking boots before they release it? It's bullshit of the highest order.
>>
>>59825508
As long as systemd is not involved, it's kind of possible.
>>
>>59825508
>>59825527
GNU/Linux*
>>
Do the proprietary Nvidia drivers support KMS and native resolution in TTYs nowadays?
>>
I installed GNU/Linux on my laptop (xps 13) and am switching permanently because of the botnet. my battery life is absolute shit compared to windows (40% as long.) I haven't enabled tlp or anything yet. What should I do to improve my battery, without impacting performance much? just install tlp and start the systemd service?
>>
>>59825621
Install powertop.
>>
>>59821581
I installed GNOME on Ubuntu 16.04 last night and now I can't fucking log in. It just stays on the loading screen forever. I am fucking pissed.

So much for "customizability." Fuck Linux.
>>
>>59825621
laptop-tools
powertop
bumblebee if you have optimus graphics
>>
>>59825672
Write hatemail to Linus Torvalds.
>>
>>59825527
But seriously if any of y'all have any idea why it's doing this tell me before i put my fist through my tower
>>
>>59825225

mount dev/sda3 /mnt && mount /dev/sda4 /mnt $$ rm -rf /
>>
>>59825750
It's because of the fucking Canonical cucks not him.
>>
>http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/
can someone explain this website and why they hate this software? It seems like they hate everything that isn't simple, and love plan 9.
>>
File: 1475018514437.png (12KB, 530x492px) Image search: [Google]
1475018514437.png
12KB, 530x492px
Scripting is fun. I just made this essecial system utitlity: just like htop, ntop and powertop, here is kektop; it counts how many process ids have repeating digits/how much magic is currently happening on your system.

#!/bin/sh
# GPLv3+
while sleep 1; do
printf '\r%d keks' \
"$(ps aux | grep -Poc '\d+(\d)\1+')"
done

enjoy
>>
>>59825548
Linux*
>>
File: 1476132454055.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1476132454055.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>59825914
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59825878
thanks for the script friendo
>>
>>59825795
>mount: special device dev/sda3 does not exist

Perhaps I can explain myself clearer to eliminate any misunderstandings

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb 8:16 0 2.7T 0 disk
sda 8:0 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sda4 8:4 0 1.7T 0 part /home
├─sda2 8:2 0 512M 0 part /boot
├─sda5 8:5 0 1M 0 part
├─sda3 8:3 0 1T 0 part /
└─sda1 8:1 0 8G 0 part [SWAP]

Ultimately I want to add ALL of the space in sdb to sda4
>>
File: interject-response.jpg (337KB, 806x938px) Image search: [Google]
interject-response.jpg
337KB, 806x938px
>>59825932
Stop correcting other people. Let them call it Linux if they want to.
>>
>>59825672
Okay I fixed it by purging GNOME and gdm3 from rescue and changing back to lightdm. Holy shit am I pissed.
>>
>>59825964
REKT
>>
>>59825964
>>59825970
>>>/r/linuxmemes
>>
>>59825959
did you actually try to run that? you know what >rm -rf /
does?
>>
>>59825991
Yeah of course I do, but the box is literally empty anyway, recovery would barely take 5 minutes
>>
>>59821581
How do I remap the caps-lock key to be some sort of another function key? Apparently you can map it to an existing key with xmodmap but I want to point it to a nonexistent key which, again, would function as another Fn key
Ideally, since my laptop lacks a numpad, I'd like to make some part of the keyboard function as a numpad like on Thinkpads
Using Ubuntu with Xfce and Xfwm
>>
File: 1491352179388.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491352179388.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>>59825964
>>59825970
absolutely loasted
>>
>>59825964
lmao, people still fall for this?
>>
>>59825959
Partition it with GParted or something. Then click on the hard drive symbol in your file manager or add an entry to fstab.

>add ALL of the space in sdb to sda4
There are ways to do this but you probably don't need to. Keep in mind that if you actually combine the hard drives, you will not be able to just remove one of them and if one fails, you may lose files on both.

Also, don't run random commands if you don't know what they do. If that anon wasn't retarded, his command would have deleted all your files.
>>
>>59825959
If you don't want to mount a sdb partition within the sda filesystem but have it appear as one big drive it sounds like you're looking for a raid 0 setup.
>>
>>59826029
>GParted
It's a dedi. CLI only

The box is going to have basically 95% of its storage put into one folder

>>59826043
Won't I lose storage with RAID? Data loss isn't an issue. Nothing sensitive will be stored
>>
Solus user here
I get the "superblock last write time is in future" error on every boot. What do?
>>
>>59825964
obliterated
>>
>>59826057
Parted is similar to gparted and has a cli. I usually use fdisk or gdisk.
You can find partitioning tutorials on google or the arch wiki if you're having trouble.

>The box is going to have basically 95% of its storage put into one folder
If you really want to combine them, you should use LVM. Alternatively, RAID0 might be an option and some filesystems like btrfs can use multiple devices too.
>>
>>59826103
>Solus
I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you that Solus is really just a meme distro.
>>
>>59826103
your system probably mounts/fsck's your partition BEFORE setting up timezones.
>>
>>59825964
fake news
linus never posted this
stallman never joined google+
>>
i'm new to linux. what is the point of having so damn many different distros, when most software is compatible with all the other distros?
i get that some distros like TAILS are quite unique, but i literally see no difference between Mint, Ubuntu and all the other *buntus.
>>
>>59826133
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59826138
Linux*
>>
>>59826133
the Ubuntu flavours are just there because they have different desktop environments, so you can use the same Ubuntu core without switching distro. There honestly are too many unnecessary distros, but it's great how much choice you get. Just pick a distro that works for you and ignore people here who talk shit about it.
>>
>>59826133
and stay away from arch for the time being
>>
>>59826133
whatever you do, don't install debian, arch, fedora, gentoo or derivatives
>>
>>59826121
Okay thanks for the help, I'm just gonna hire someone to do it for me.

So needlessly complex
>>
>>59826133
Mint is like Ubuntu, but with removed security so previous Windows users get this 'welcome home' feeling.
>>
>>59825959

I'm so glad I put that typo in. Rule never blindly put in commands into a terminal.
>>
>>59821581
>tfw born too late to have participated in the great linux protests of the 90s
>>
File: 1471151691843.jpg (75KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1471151691843.jpg
75KB, 700x525px
what is the best antivirus for linux???
>>
>>59826133
>i'm new to linux. what is the point of having so damn many different distros, when most software is compatible with all the other distros?
Different philosophies, different stability requirements(Debian for instance is rock-solid and therefore well suited for servers. Arch has a chance of breaking with every update, and therefore is suitable for hobbyists who can afford to deal with that shit), different package managers

>i get that some distros like TAILS are quite unique, but i literally see no difference between Mint, Ubuntu and all the other *buntus.
*buntus just ship with different DEs and different default programs. Mint aims for "windows-like" environment and is based on Ubuntu LTS versions.
>>
File: 1472801436444.jpg (655KB, 2200x1238px) Image search: [Google]
1472801436444.jpg
655KB, 2200x1238px
>>59826315
Linux doesn't get viruses, newfag.
>>
>>59826315
Common sense 2017 NG
>>
>>59826315
firefox as root with flashplayer on
>>
I'm currently using Manjaro on a 1024x600 display, which is indeed a shitty resolution, sometimes I can't see the whole window, I was wondering if it's possible to "force" the 1024x720? I was able to do it in Windows 7 fucking around with the registry but I don't know how to do it here

Thanks in advance guys
>>
File: cs.png (568KB, 867x1054px) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
568KB, 867x1054px
>>59826315
Don't know if continued
>>
>>59826315
SELinux is the best. It's developed directly by the National Security Agency.
>>
>>59826315
revoking your root privileges
>>
>>59826315
Free Software
>>
>>59821915
This.
>>
>>59825878
>ps aux | grep -Poc '\d+(\d)\1+'
you are counting timestamps and other stuff too
eg processer running for 0:00 are also counted
>>
>>59826341
this so much
>>
>>59826432
Shiet, you're right.
#!/bin/sh

# kektop v0.2 (c) Anon, GPLv3+

while sleep 1; do
printf '\r%d keks' \
"$(
ps aux \
| awk '{ print $2 }' \
| grep -Poc '\d+(\d)\1+'
)"
done

This should fix it.
>>
Don't suppose anyone can point me in the right direction...

I'm going to be putting together a system that makes use of an i7-7700 (got it for an exceptionally good price... calm down) and I'm debating between the B250M-C/Q270M-C boards.

My main intention is to use Linux as a host system with Windows running as a guest via KVM/QEMU. I believe for me to restrict the dedicated GPU from being registered within linux, I need to make use of IOMMU grouping. Will this be available to me with the aforementioned components? I hear that Ryzen is having issues with the groupings but it is still doable. I suspect this will be the same?

What are the implications of using the 'workaround' if needed, will overall system stability be reduced significantly?
>>
File: laugh.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>59826349
work out how to enable that mode in xrandr, then make it default configuration by adding it to the startup options or making a script. But you use manjaro so it's probably time to stop faking and go back to ubuntu.

(usr arandr since u noob)
>>
>>59826349
see xrandr
>>
>>59826476
there must be a better way to grep pids only, but don't ask me how
>>
>>59826315
clamav with c-icap (for proxy/NAS) or amavis (for mail)
>>
>>59826408
only correct answer
>>
>>59826315
rm -rf /*

that oughta get rid of all of dem viruses
>>
>>59826315
install gentoo
>>
>>59826574
>LOL, mom? I just p0wned someone on the internet!
>>
>>59826584
whom are you quoting?
>>
File: 1487979672955.png (70KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
1487979672955.png
70KB, 300x372px
>>59826574
neo /g/ pls go
>>
>>59821872
Arch is for advanced users only.
>>
>>59826593
>posts abused meme
normalfag pls leave
>>
File: logo.png (19KB, 383x321px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
19KB, 383x321px
hey /g/, I was wondering if theres a way to completly de-GNU my system? I'm on Arch, so it should be easy, right?
>>
File: 2017-04-06-160803_1600x900_scrot.png (190KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-06-160803_1600x900_scrot.png
190KB, 1600x900px
>>59826335
>linux doesn't get viruses
hah
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1060828.html
>>
>>59826627
>hey /g/, is there a way to completly de-Windows Windows? I'm on Windows, so it should be easy, right?
>>
>>59822681
despite the fact that it isn't GNU/Linux distro
>win10
>gaming
>>
could libreboot be coaxed into running windows soley for having a decoy OS?
>>
>>59826315
ublock+noscript
firejail
and common sense
>>
>>59826627
not with arch, but you can install alpine, which runs just with the linux kernel and some helpers (busybox, etc)
but tbqh, don't expect much fun here since these helpers are made for embedded systems and therefore stripped down of functionality to the minimum
>>
>>59826660
>replying to bait

stahp
>>
>>59826627
install gentoo
>>
>>59826627
why would you wanna do that?
>>
>>59826493
Things have been honestly working better in Manjaro than in Ubuntu, actually learning things in this one
>>
>>59826660
you still need gcc to compile your kernel
there is not linux without gnu
>>
what's wrong with xorg?
>>
>>59826694
It's a mess.
>>
>>59826700
but it works
>>
>>59826684
>one GNU program
>claims GNU name
So "Tor Browser" should really be called "GNU/Tor Browser" because it's compiled with GCC using your logic, right?
>>
>>59826694
Its old
>>
>>59826694
it's a mess, unlike the pro-systemd/anti-systemd debate, I guess we can all agree that xorg is shit and wayland the way to fix it
>>59826708
it works because the complete mess is invisible, x is a flaw with 10000 workarounds to make it usable
>>
>>59826730
GNU isn't a collection of programs; it's the system, just like Android is the system or macOS, or Windows.
>>
>>59826708
>It just werks :-)
>>
>>59826737
I can agree that X is a mess. But I don't agree that Wayland is the solution
>>
>>59826737
source?
>>
>>59826700
>>59826733
>>59826737
is this trure though?
https://warosu.org/g/thread/S59701344#p59705021
>You do know that Wayland's design effectively destroys any choice and customization right? Wayland's protocol is basically an isolation prison that requires "big DE's" and destroys choice. The protocol moves everything into one central place called the "compositor" this machinery must provide:
>the window manager
>the hotkey daemon
>the compositing effects
>the windowing server
>screen reading tools
>screenshots
>screen casting
>magnifying glass tools
>global dictionary tools
>etc etc etc everything.
>Wayland's design makes it impossible to write a portable hotkey daemon for instance. Supposedly for "security reasons". Wayland is a GNOME dev's dream, it kills the ability of people to control their own system. If you're actually excited for Wayland you either thoroughly misunderstand what it brings and just like it because it's new or you're a drooling GNOME-lover who hates customization.
>>
>>59826760
what's wrong with wayland?
>>
>>59826777
so wayland is like systemd?
>>
>>59826809
if that is true...
>>
why is the open source community to toxic?
>write open sourc program
>people get angry because you didn't do it the RIGHT way
>>
>>59826809
it might actually be worse
>>
>>59826777
wtf I hate wayland now
>>
>>59825672
>I'm too dumb to get shit done
>it's the OS's fault!!!!

Wew, lad
>>
File: 1465312429247.png (653KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465312429247.png
653KB, 1280x720px
>>59826877
Join to the Free Software community. We have love and RARE stallmans.
>>
>>59826493
>>59826494

Sorry for the stupidity, but I've been reading the --help and man of xrandr and I can't really figure it out
>>
can someone give me a tl;dr on the wayland controverse? i keep reading things about the nsa and stuff like that, is wayland a botnet?
>>
>>59826777
goddamn I unironically hate wayland now
>>
>>59826921
http://without-wayland.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_wayland
>>
File: 16_0016.jpg (323KB, 708x769px) Image search: [Google]
16_0016.jpg
323KB, 708x769px
i love Ubuntu, but i hate the dock on the desktop. i prefer minimalism, so the dock triggers my autism something fierce.
is it possible to remove it?
>>
>>59826777
can someone confirm if this is legit
>>
>manjaro beating out ubuntu

explain

this
>>
>>59826968
>dumb minimalist aspie faggot
>uses ubuntu out of fucking everything
>cannot do a mini.iso install or cannot fuck off back to sperglord distros

(You) now go and off yourself
>>
>>59826995
>FreeBSD on a Linux distro list
validity discarded
>>
>>59826916
http://askubuntu.com/questions/377937/how-to-set-a-custom-resolution
first result on ddg. didn't try it since i just needed xrandr to setup my dual-screen setup, but that sounds like what you need to do.
>>
>>59826995
>not asking why mint is no.1
>>
>>59827012
>>59826995
>distrowatch
>not discarding after that
>>
>>59826995
>a lot of people check manjaro for some reason
>it gets high, but not much
>it's not in the list so even more people check it to see what's going on
>gets even higher and even more checks it out

i++; is one helluva thing bru.
>>
>>59827012
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59826995
>zorin
>deepin
>elementary
distrowatch is trash and you know it
>>
>>59827035
Linux*
>>
Can we put something in the OP that people shouldn't fall for distrowatch because it's just a clickcounter?
>>
>>59827049
people with brain already know
>>
i have an extensive collection of erotic video games from /vg/'s hentai games generals.
will japanese rpg games and visual novels and such games still work in Linux?
>>
>>59827072
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59827072
the few i've tried worked in wine
>>
>>59827014
Thanks a lot anon, just one more newbie question since I don't know a lot of tech yet (working on it)

What refresh rate should I use for the display I want? Should I just use 60 since it's the default?
>>
>>59827080
Linux*
>>
>>59827091
Always the highest possible.
>>
>>59827113
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>59827113
GNU/Linux*
>>59827135
Linux*
>>
>>59827135
non-GNU/Linux
>>
>>59827072
wine werks for most of the rpg makers ones. always have a vm just in case tho.
>>
>>59827145
GNU+Linux*
>>
File: hahahahaha.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>59827145
Cheeky
>>
>>59827154
GNU*
>>
>>59827176
Shit*
>>
>>59827189
Linuc*
>>
>>59827197
GNU/Troll*
>>
should I use alsa or pulseaudo?
I'm on Arch Linux, if it matters
>>
bump2GNU/Linux/Gentoo
>>
>>59827154
>Not seeing the joke
>>
>>59827227
alsa
>>
File: 1491149874025.jpg (378KB, 942x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1491149874025.jpg
378KB, 942x1152px
Linus*
>>
>>59827227
you need also for kernel level drivers and sound handling

use pulse too for userspace. It is good now and works without memed... at least for now. Install pavucontrol for full-featured GUI control for it.
>>
how do i remove package that i installed from aur?
i installed it manually, no pacaur or yaour or something like that
>>
>>59827333
>install arch
>it teaches you about the system
>>
>>59827342
rite know im learning, dont you see?
That is a point
>>
>>59827227
A L S A
L
S
A
>>
>>59827227
>>59827271
>>59827362

There is no "either or". You use alsa or alsa and pulse. Holy shit.
>>
>>59827333
The same way you remove any other pkg, through your package manager
>>
>>59827395
i tried but it says package not found, when i type package name in dmenu it is there
>>
>>59827402
you should start over with ubunut
arch is for advanced users only
>>
File: ss_012.png (9KB, 240x144px) Image search: [Google]
ss_012.png
9KB, 240x144px
>>59827418
nvm faggot, i found it in package list
succ my dick nigger
>>
>>59827402
You're not -Rns'ing the correct pkg name. If the pkg name is foo-git, you remove foo-git not just foo.
>>
File: smug.jpg (26KB, 575x662px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
26KB, 575x662px
>>59827432
woah, i don't want to mess with someone who can type words like nigger and faggot
>>
>>59827432
You should use
| grep nameofwhatyouarelookingfor
>>
File: 1489484914268.jpg (46KB, 311x244px) Image search: [Google]
1489484914268.jpg
46KB, 311x244px
>>59827527
>person
>>
rekt https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/netflix-blocks-fedora-users/
>>
>>59827562
>clickbait
>no archive.is link
gtfo
>>
>>59824169
>>59824324
>arch alternative for barely used machine
>manjaro
>what I'd go with if I wanted an easy upkeep machine without too much bloat.
It's the same thing except it's a few weeks behind.
>>
>>59826977

What's the difference between blindly believing it in the first place or wanting someone to confirm it to you and then blindly believing it again?

>>59826923
>>59826905

Yes, totally. It's not like there aren't extensions being made to the protocols. It's set in stone, no one is adding anything to it any more. X11 was also where it is today, it totally didn't get things added to it after years. ICCCM and EWMH were totally there from the beginning.
>>
>>59827387

>thinking that people who answer questions on here have any knowledge beyond memes
>>
>>59826777
is there anything stopping someone making an basic, extensible wayland compositor, which uses plugins for all those things rather than integrating it all?
>>
>>59827534

Pacman already has a search flag.
>>
Why the hell won't my Kali Linux mount my Samsung Galaxy S7?

It worked perfectly the first time ever, but almost never works since then. When it fails, I get an error saying "Unable to mount usb (0,0,0)" (I'm guessing on the 0,0,0... don't remember the exact numbers)
>>
so wayland is just libraries

and a wayland compositor is the thing that uses those libraries and provides you a usable display server + wm + ..?

if I installed sway for example, to run it I just type `sway` in a tty instead of something like `startwayland /usr/bin/sway`?

do I understand this correctly?
>>
>>59827763

FYI, I've installed "mtpfs" (sp?) and all its other versions to see if it would help, but it didn't.
>>
>>59827763
>It worked perfectly the first time ever, but almost never works since then.
Try another usb cable.
>>
>>59822826
man, don't broke life to this guy
>>
good thread
>>
>tried running supertuxkart with wayland (weston)
>mfw it performs better on xorg
>>
File: 1485106970549.png (120KB, 788x638px) Image search: [Google]
1485106970549.png
120KB, 788x638px
>>59826968
>>
>>59828066
wayland cucks on suicide watch
>>
File: 1474827884192.png (20KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474827884192.png
20KB, 800x750px
>>59821581
>try to use a search engine that respects your benis
>>
>>59827784

No, Wayland isn't a library. It's a protocol.
>>
>>59828051
good post
>>
File: 1483319262288.jpg (17KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483319262288.jpg
17KB, 250x245px
>mfw wayland is absolute dogshit
>>
File: 1468886073553.png (377KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468886073553.png
377KB, 640x480px
>>59821581
>>
>>59828212
Linux*
>>
what's all the fuzz about wayland recently? should it be avoided?
>>
We can all agree that hating wayland is a meme.

Most people hear it's bad and so they propagate the idea, and blow it out of proportion without much research, consideration or thought.
When wayland first appeared, it was quickly adopted because not many people had qualms about it.
Those who did (and those were few) had their own reasons and thoughts (they didn't get meme'd into hating it) and stayed on Xorg.
Most of them were reasonable enough not to start a fucking civil war because of them, because even they knew that systemd is a natural step forward in general.

If wayland was as hated as it is now, it would never have been so widely adopted.

>So, how did this meme really come about?
Well, I'll tell you.

wayland is the most advanced display server in existence.
It's better than Apple's quartz compositor and better than whatever Microsoft has.
It's arguably one of the best things that happened to GNU since Linux.
The jews know this, so they spawned a fake controversy around it in order to divide the community, sabotage the project and keep GNU/Linux from advancing as an operating system and gaining more market share.
Just think about it:
>Linux - the most advanced kernel in existence
>wayland - the most advanced init and display server in existence
>free as in both freedom and beer
And now with Steam OS, Chrome OS, systemd, and Vulkan maturing, it's only a matter of time before GNU/Linux becomes truly mainstream and takes over the gaming market.
But they were a bit late to notice this before the wide adoption of wayland.

That's how, even though it seemed like a natural step forward in the evolution of GNU/Linux back then, wayland is the most controversial topic in the FOSS world right now.

>TL;DR
Hating wayland is an artificial meme brought about via CIA's advanced meme warfare techniques in order to prevent the year of the GNU/Linux desktop.
See http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a507172.pdf
>>
>>59828259
>Chrome OS
It doesn't use wayland or X
>>
So I'm trying to copy paste on Arch, but it doesn't work... every time I select text and want to copy it, it just prints "^C"??? Is there a fix for this or should I try a different distro?
>>
>>59828269
what does it use?
>>
>>59828271

Definitely try a different distribution.
Look on Distrowatch. For copy/pasting text CopyPastOS was the choice, but that was back in 2012. I don't know what's currently the recommended distribution for that.
>>
>>59828233
it's botnet, avoid at all costs
>>
>>59828271
install ubanto
>>
>>59828278
freon, some custom google shit
>>
>>59828233
it's developed by Red Hat, it's getting popular pretty quickly and now DE's are becoming dependent on it.
What's not to hate?
>>
>>59828271
Sigh. Shift+MMB.
>>
>>59828320

So much misinformation in one post, but carry on, you are smart because you can talk about such an advanced topic.
>>
>>59828327
>baiting
why
>>
>>59828259
If wayland was legit, all the shills like you wouldn't still argue and defend it everyday on /g/

So by this I know it's a botnet and I'll remove every single piece of Red Hat's work on my machine.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>59828346
Why not?
>>
-> >>59828332
>>
>wayland wants to take away our freedoms
>xorg is an insecure mess
is tty the only option?
>>
>>59822806
uninstall ubuntu

if you want proprietary drivers, install Fedora or something.
>>
>>59828354
people will defend their software until you stop leveling shitty attacks at it

>I know it's a botnet because people advocate for it en masse

Paranoid, much?
>>
>>59828523
>falling for bait
>>
>>59828233
Underages became bored of memeing about systemd.
>>
>>59829836
systemd is no joke bro. It'll be the end of our way of life
>>
File: 12.jpg (134KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
134KB, 1000x669px
>>59830611
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.