[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 57

File: 1433799658608.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1433799658608.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:
>>59764455
>>
Do I need a bright headphone if I want detail but I also want to be able to just sit down and listen?
>>
Budget - 100€
Location - ITALY
Source - Phone and PC
Type of headphone - IEMs
Comfort level - Comfy as in "never slipping away from my ear canal"
Sound signature - neutral
Past headphones - shit.

Also looking for good isolation, no microphonics, L-shaped jack would be awesome.
>>
>>59796562
You need neutral headphones if you want detail.

>I also want to be able to just sit down and listen?
This is the subjective part. What do you consider enjoyable? Could be anything.
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I realize that headphones.com's graph generator is nice, plotting many headphones on the same graph and such.

But their collection is pretty limited and somewhat obsolete... it lacks a lot of the newer cans.

Are you aware of alternatives which can plot 2 or more headphones in the same graph?
>>
>>59796562
>detail
The more the neutral the better.

HD600 is a good starting point.
>>
are panasonic's cheap iems any good?
>>
>>59796761
>cans
>>>/r/headphones
>>
File: 1491665078993.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491665078993.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>tfw you don't have a golden ear and hearing well into the Mega Hertzs
>>
>>59796529
Thank you for the non anime op
>>
>>59796782
Starting point? it's the fucking end game laddy
>>
>>59797901
Ssh. Don't say that too loud.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (25KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
25KB, 200x200px
>>59797402
>tfw YOU can't afford good headphones
>>
>>59797913
what you saying lad
>>
Is buying used, to get a higher tier headphone than you can afford new, a good idea?
>>
>>59796529
stupid question here boys, my front and rear audio jacks make nothing but a buzzing sound when i plug my earphones into them yet my computer acts as if everything is ok and all the drivers are updated etc so im convinced its a hardware problem, how do i go about fixing this because im a complete dumbass
>>
File: realtek_audio_small.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
realtek_audio_small.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>59797966
If the codec on the mobo is dead, you need a sound card. External or internal.
>>
>>59797938
Telling people they're endgame doesn't quite help get them to buy them.

Let them get them and figure out how everything else pales, by themselves.
>>
>>59797966
Try running Linux, to discard Windows issues.

If your onboard sound really is burst, I'd suggest using the opportunity for getting the schiit stack (modi+magni).
>>
>>59797953
If it's in good working condition yeah. My first good pair of headphones were brand new akg 702s and one side died for no fucking reason after a few months. One of the cables came away and I had to do my first ever bit of soldering and I fixed them and sold them on ebay. I've never had a problem with any other high end headphones since. What I'm saying is that you never know what can happen to them, but a good condition working pair is the best you can look for, besides new.
>>
>>59796529
Extra $688 per pair!
>>
>>59798251
Is it worth it?
>>
>>59797901
Kek. They're $300 headphones, anon. Good $300 headphones, but $300 nonetheless. They're not even that neutral.
>>
Best 100$, closed back headphone?
>>
Is there anything which I can use while commuting that won't leak?
>>
>>59798322
>Yes goy you need those $1000 headphones to hear all the sounds!
None of the music you listen to was even mastered on anything better than hd600.
>>
>>59798355
m40x
>>
>>59797985
He's most likely not going to buy them at this point, I was just meming about, even though I'm telling the truth.
>>
>>59798322
It's not a matter of the more neutral wins. Neutral is better but you want some kind of warmth and the 600 does that perfectly. You laugh at them costing $300, what headphones are clearly better then?, besides the hd800 which I've never tried.
>>
>>59798411
But claiming HD 600s are end game headphones? Ha!
>>
File: 20170408_140016.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_140016.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
Can anyone recommend a good powered sub to go with Micca PB42x? Running them through an Origen+ if that helps.
>>
>>59796529
>no anime
this is a fake /hpg/ thread.

fuck off trustyfucks.
>>
>>59798453
That wasn't me.
>>
>>59798452
>You laugh at them costing $300
What? When did I do that? I called them good $300 headphones; there are better headphones out there, it just depends on what you prefer. Not clearly better, just better depending on your taste.

>>59798482
>Getting mad at non-anime generals
>Implying this is worse than >>59736059
Your choice in anime isn't even good. Try again next time when you have better taste in anime.
>>
File: 1466637123521.gif (971KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1466637123521.gif
971KB, 500x380px
Will there be any discernable difference between a Fiio E10 and a magni modi stack?
>>
>>59798581
Well, you started with "kek, they're $300 headphones" that to me implies that they can't be the best because they 'only' cost 300.

>it just depends on what you prefer. Not clearly better

This comment says it all doesn't it?
>>
>>59798600
Volume. looks.
>>
>>59798606
I laughed at anon calling them end game headphones, when they most are not.

>It just depends on what you prefer. Not clearly better
Yup.
>>
>>59798600
ignore shills who tell you schiit is good and/or makes a huge difference. Only power makes a difference and is only worth it if 1) it is clean 2) you need it (headphone power requirements or you EQ).

So, no, unless you EQ or your headphone needs more power
>>
>>59798600
I've never tried the stack before but I've owned the e10k, the ODAC and now the fulla 2. The former two sound exactly the same to me whereas the fulla 2 clearly has better bass and is less harsh sounding overall. I can only imagine the schiit sounds the same, but an who owns both said the stack sounded better with his 600's. After comparing the e10k and odac I assumed different/expensive amps were a meme, but after hearing the fulla 2 I now see the light mayne.

Be prepared for e10k owners to jump in and claim that they all sound the same, they fucking don't, and I loved the e10k before I bought the fulla 2. it's still great for the money.
>>
>>59798679
>but an who owns both said the stack sounded

an anon*
>>
>>59798679
>fulla 2 clearly has better bass
yeah, you lose low end when you lack power. It's nothing to do with the amp. It has to do with the lower frequencies requiring more power.
>>
>>59798713
>It's nothing to do with the amp
Then why does it clearly differ with different amps? also the o2 is more powerful than the fulla 2 and requires a separate power source. It sounds worse overall than the fulla 2, the fulla is only usb powered.
>>
>>59798754
>Then why does it clearly differ
wew, now I remember why I don't post in headphone forums or threads. It doesn't clearly differ, A/B them with a switch. Fulla 2 has two usb ports, one for power and one for usb.
>>
>>59798679
I've got an E10 driving HD600s right now. Give it to me straight, do I need a different source of amplification or will any change be imperceptible?
>>
>>59798808
line out from the e10k into a ifi ican special edition
>>
Anyone try out the Bower and Wilkins P9?
>>
>>59798808
I listed my e10k on ebay the night I received my fulla 2. The bass is nicer and the overall tone is smoother, without losing any detail. When you compare them you realize that the e10k actually sounds harsh in comparison. I've always heard people on headfi etc say that the e10k sounds grain and I never knew what they meant. But now I do. I bought the fulla because it has all the features of an odac but costs half the price here in england. Turns out it actually sounds better than the e10k and the o2. I couldn't be fucking happier with it. 600+fulla 2 is my endgame until a new small amp comes out in the future and I get tempted again, a fulla 3 perhaps.
>>
>>59798807
>It doesn't clearly differ

Yes they do. Have you actually compared them?
>>
>>59798854
I don't know what that means and I don't like it.
>>
>>59798679
>see the light
I have a feeling that it's really the complete opposite here. Unless the difference is clear, very easily, precisely and consistently described, you can't know whether there is a difference or not by just listening to them. You most certainly can't make any serious claims about it. Saying "better bass and less harsh" is the sort of stuff that tells absolutely nothing and even if you "heard" it with your own ears, highly questionable.

>ODAC
Did you actually plug your headphones into that?

>>59798807
>A/B them with a switch
And double blind it which is not easy. You have to make sure that the switching is instant with no weirdness happening during the process. A high quality device is required to do that. Measure the outputs from each device with a scope or multimeter precise enough to know volumes are matched exactly. Let someone else do the connections and setup, hide all devices being listened, only the switchbox should remain. Make sure neither device is overloaded with the samples and do a minimum of 10 tries.

If you score 9/10 correct you might be hearing a difference. Do more tries to increase confidence. It's one thing to tell one apart but another to recognize a specific device and rank them in order consistently. If you can do that, you have at least one shitty amplifier.

Of course if you don't actually care about whether the difference you hear is real or not, don't bother. Some people are content with that.
>>
>>59798713
>It has to do with the lower frequencies requiring more power.
This is in general not true. While inductance makes minimal contribution to the low frequencies, most headphones have a distinct resonance placed around the low frequencies.

>>59798808
>Give it to me straight, do I need a different source of amplification or will any change be imperceptible?
No. You have given no reason yet why you should.
>>
File: 1490560215159.png (825KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490560215159.png
825KB, 700x700px
So /hpg/ I need headphones for running even if they are poor sound quality. What do you recommend?
I run mostly in mountains so they need to stay in my ears
>>
>>59798600
Depends on what headphones you want to drive.

In power, e10k < fulla 2 < magni 2.

And on HD600, the fulla2 falls short, with not enough gain plus some distortion when volume knob near max. I own both that and the stack.
>>
>>59798963
>This is in general not true.
Stick a headphone that can deliver bass (SZ1000/SZ2000, E-MU Teak, TH-X00/TH-900) into a weak amp and try to run a bass heavy song (Wiz Khalifa) and then try it on a powerful amp that can do 5-10W and then tell me there's no difference when it comes to bass, or that the bass won't clip / run away when you have a low powered amp.
>>
>>59798960
My friend also owns multiple good headphones and he uses the e10k . He tried his usual songs on my fulla and he heard the difference straight away. I'm not saying the difference is huge because non of them are at this stage, but it's noticeable enough for me to keep it even though it costs twice the price of the e10k, and needless to say, he bought one and sold his e10k. I'm just sharing my experience in the only place I discuss headphones. You can believe what you want.
>>
>>59799051
Not him but the guy talking about the fulla 2. The o2 has more power than the fulla 2 but the bass is better/stronger on the fulla.

So now what?
>>
>>59798960
>enough to know volumes are matched exactly
good fucking luck lmao
>>
>>59798864

No but I fucking love my P7's, they trash every other pair of headphones I've ever owned.

Considered P9's but it's a big step up.
>>
>>59799071
volume match.
>>
I'm a shitter new to headphones please send help

Budget - 200 bucks, give or take
Location - Mexico
Source - A PC. I have v-moda boompro so if they could work with that sort of external 3.5 cable that would be nice but not a must.
Type of headphone - Full sized.
Open or closed - Closed, ideally as much as possible.
Comfort level - I plan to wear them like 12 hours a day so comfy.
Sound signature - wat. I like vocals and operatic stuff.
Past headphones - Someone gifted me a pair of Beats Solo HD, they were fine. No complains other than the fit was a bit tight at the start. I also got a pair of Monster Ncredible Ntune and they were garbage; super painful fit, sounded too bassy and sloppy, things fucking broke.

Alternatively the v-moda does have a bit of hiss so I was considering a complete USB alternative (cause I dunno how else to fix that). Anyone got any opinions on a headset? Was looking at the g633.
>>
>>59799093
It's pretty easy to match volume to within 95%-100% as a guess. But of course you wont believe that lmao. M8, they don't sound the same, just fucking accept it.
>>
>>59799123
TFZ-5S ($50) + Fiio A5 ($100-120). I take this combo with me to bars or whenever I'm out and have people listen to it.
>>59799138
Kay.
>>
>>59799172
I can blast my e10k louder than my fulla 2 and the bass still isn't as good, and the overall tone is still harsh in comparison.

What amp do you use on a daily basis? be honest.
>>
>>59799211
these days? line out into ifi ican se into lcd-2 / modded e-mu teak / sz1000k and a few other headphones. Portable I just use a5 + tfz 5s because I find it better than most $300 options. I don't really find much difference between dacs so I just use onboard.
>>
>>59799052
>He tried his usual songs on my fulla and he heard the difference straight away.
You don't know that. He doesn't know that. If I "noticed a difference" while I listened to them and it boiled down to "better bass and less harsh" I wouldn't know that. Sighted listening is absolutely worthless unless there is an obvious problem which you can very precisely describe. And at that point one of the devices is just bad or malfunctioning.

>I'm just sharing my experience in the only place I discuss headphones.
And I'm pointing out the(lack of) validity of the claims made as a part of the discussion.

It does surprise me how it's news to people into audio that your ears only give useful data if you manage to filter out all other possible cognitive biases at play. This goes for all of our senses for that matter.

Like I said if you don't care about the fact whether the difference is real or not, it doesn't matter. I don't have a trouble with someone enjoying their devices or senses but I do have a problem with claims made based on nothing more than "i listened to it". I'm writing this more as a general statement for anyone reading as much as to you.

>You can believe what you want.
Touché?

>>59799072
Tolerance +-0.1 dB is usually good enough but if you have a scope it's easy to do better. Assuming that the pots aren't terrible. Always a good idea to bring other people to do the test, too.
>>
>>59799298
>if you have a scope
yeah I was just joking
>Always a good idea to bring other people to do the test, too
I hate how literally everyone and their mom guesses 7/10 correct on a blind test, says "well that's good enough" and then closes up shop. If you've already spent the time to get everything setup properly (which they don't) might as well go for 25, or 50+.
>>
>>59799255
You use lcd 2's with on board? you are literally on a different plane of audio, You win. Seriously though we will go around in circles. No point in discussing it further.
>>
>>59799298
You wrote all that and I'll respond with this. It's called not being a fucking mong, and being able to discern between equipment. The difference is there and it's obvious to me and my friend. I bought the o2 befor the fulla expecting an upgrade and I was disappointed because it sounded the same.

Your's a superior being, I get it. You're a numbers guy ;)
>>
>>59799395
hey man no need to get defensive, no one is trying to be elitest or w/e, we're just suggesting that you're wasting money
>>
>>59799051
>SZ1000/SZ2000, E-MU Teak, TH-X00/TH-900
>5-10W

They'll blow up your ears even at 1W.
>>
>>59799172
Not really a fan of IEM, I'd like something sturdy.
>>
>>59799416
Ok. Do you own both amps? have you compared them?

I haven't wasted a penny, I bought this amp because I wanted the extra features and I remember one anon saying that the bass is better on it, I saw that as an added bonus but didn't expect it. Turns out the bass is better and the overall sound is nicer and not harsh like the e10k. We're not talking placebo levels here, it's very blatant.
>>
>>59799443
no, the SZ1000 needs atleast 2-3w and a 10-25db 60hz increase, because it has a dedicated 50m subwoofer and a shitty passive crossover (or none at all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSliX3e7LA
Classical doesn't get loud enough on my lcd-2 at 1W, E-MU Teak doesn't have nearly as physical bass
>>
>>59799051
-The JVC SZ headphones aren't even that bass heavy.
-Those headphones are all very sensitive, if low impedance. More voltage on tap helps nothing if it isn't used.
-A low frequency, high amplitude signal is no more likely to drive an amplifier into distortion than a high frequency signal of similar amplitude. For electronics, the converse is true as the feedback encounters slew limits and the like.

>>59799477
>We're not talking placebo levels here, it's very blatant.
That's not what expectation bias is limited to.
Expectations influence the perception of objects, and the perception of any object or event does not treat each method of sensory input (touch, vision, scent, etc.) independently.
>>
What's the most weeb headphones
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>59799564
:^)
>>
>>59799564
AKG K701
>>
>>59799493
>SZ1000 needs atleast 2-3w

Max supported power is 1.5W according to the JVC site.
>>
>>59799539
>Expectations influence the perception of objects

I agree. Like I said, I expected the o2 to sound better after hearing abut how good it is, how much it costs and the fact that it's powered by the mains rather than usb. I tested and tested and I could tell it sounded the same.

I had no actual expectation when it came to the fulla 2. I bought it for the extra features alone. It turns out that it sounds better than the e10k and it's obvious to me and my friend. It's the best thing I've bought in general since my 600's

>pic related is me right now. Overall it's fucking brilliant for the price and size.
>>
>>59799349
>might as well go for 25, or 50+
Might as well but I'm sure I would quit earlier in boredom.

>>59799395
>Your's a superior being, I get it.
You truly don't "get it" if that's what you managed to derive from anything what I typed.

>>59799416
>we're just suggesting that you're wasting money
I'm not even suggesting that. As I said people can be content and happy that they bought a device which made their setup sound better even if there is no difference. I don't have a problem with this at all. Let them enjoy their setups. My point is that you can't _know_ it unless you double blind it properly or unless the difference is so obvious that you can pinpoint it. It's why making claims based on something so unstable and unreliable is an issue. I shouldn't be repeating myself this much.

>>59799477
Second time you try to use "you haven't heard it" argument which falls short because you or nobody else can provide any more or less reliable information through that method. We don't get any wiser from plugging headphones into a device and listening to it if we can't control all the other variables which our sense are heavily affected by.
>We're not talking placebo levels here, it's very blatant.
Anon, the sensation of placebo effect is very real. It's indistinguishable from reality without proper controlled test. You underestimate it. Nobody is immune to it. Not me, not you or the most experience mastering engineer or musician.

I won't continue repeating this any longer.

>>59799539
>expectation bias
That was well put.
>>
>>59796622
SE 215
>>
>>59799701
That's very far from neutral.

>>59796622
Etymotics, MK5 maybe. It won't slip away if that's your idea of comfy.
>>
>lower frequencies requiring more power
Dynamic peasants. Planar master race wins again.
>>
>>59799690
I don't need to prove anything and I don't care if you think that I don't 'get it'

I hear it, and it's real. Goodbye.
>>
Hey /g/ I need some cheap speakers for under 20$. What do you suggest?
>>
>>59798808
e10 < e10k < fulla 2 < magni2

If my fulla2 doesn't do well with HD600 (and it doesn't), I doubt the e10 is any good with them.
>>
>>59799766
Buy a bluetooth speaker.
>>
File: what am I summoning here.jpg (37KB, 393x700px) Image search: [Google]
what am I summoning here.jpg
37KB, 393x700px
What the fuck are these /g/? The seller doesn't even know what they're called.
>>
>>59798878
I have fulla2 and magni2, with HD600.

Magni 2 does HD600 better, like night and day difference.

So, there's that.
>>
>>59799753
>I don't need to prove anything
I didn't suggest for you to do that.
> I don't care if you think that I don't 'get it'
I care because my intention was never to be rude.
>I hear it, and it's real.
4 u
>Goodbye
Enjoy your stuff.
>>
File: jadensmithfeature.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jadensmithfeature.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>59799804
Na it's all in your mind bro, listen to that other guy. You can't prove it sounds better so that means it's not.

How can audio be real if our ears can't hear it
>>
So I did the foam mod and also took out the little cable lock mechanism to my sennheiser 558's, that won't potentially damage them right? I tested them and they sounded fine.

I bought a sennheiser momentum cord, and I'm going to use that, because all the 558 replacement cords are really bulky, and the 558 and momentum have different lock patterns.
>>
>>59799789
What's the text on the earcup?
>>
>>59799805
We disagree but I respect the fact that you didn't resort to shit posting either. Have a good night m8.
>>
File: IMG_20170408_143642955.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_143642955.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
>>59799854
Pic related
>>
>>59799016
>running in the mountains
>While wearing headphones, limiting ability to take in the world around him, and effectively putting his own life at risk, needlessly.
-_-
>>
File: 1484865879012.jpg (42KB, 640x629px) Image search: [Google]
1484865879012.jpg
42KB, 640x629px
If I'm looking for the highest noise isolation $90 can buy me, should I either go IEMs or closed headphones?
>>
File: what I need.png (168KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
what I need.png
168KB, 1000x1000px
>>59796529 (OP)
still need a device that does pic related.
some sort of a reverse dac. all normal ones are a usb slave, I need usb host and output analog stuff.
>>
>>59800047
Make your own with a raspberry pi.
>>
>>59800047
what are you trying to do here?
>>
>>59800136
Im tired of screaming into my cellphone inorder to be heard.

every phone Ive had has a shit mic that cant hear deeper voices.
I also have horrible luck with mics, they all are either shit or wind up getting broken.

I now have a usb mic that I like and it can actually hear what I say even when Im in the other room and it has no bullshit interference, so I'd really like to use this mic for errythang.

In addition to using it on cellphones, I would also like to use this on an xbox controller, and a few other devices as the need arises.
Once the signal is converted to analog, I can handle whatever wire/plug switching needs done, but I cant find a device to switch digital mics and headphones to analog mic and headphone ports.

>>59800087
I refuse to believe I'm the only one that needs a device like this.
>>
File: _1_ucom-headphones-for-sale.jpg (19KB, 345x461px) Image search: [Google]
_1_ucom-headphones-for-sale.jpg
19KB, 345x461px
>>59799789
Looks like a Ucom UC-9111, anon. But there's nothing on the Internet about it. All I have is pic related and this:

https://www.olx.co.ke/ad/ucom-headphones-for-sale-ID15Hopd.html
>>
>Budget
~100$

>Location
US

>Source
iPod, phone, or laptop.

>Type of headphone
Full sized.

>Open or closed
Closed.

>Comfort level
Just nothing terrible.

>Sound signature
Looking to listen to a lot of hip hop related genres so warm or neutral as long as it doesn't sound boring.

>Past headphones
Nothing worth mentioning.
>>
>>59799977
nigga he runs in a mountain the only shit he gotta worry about is a god damn bear
>>
>>59800004
IEMs isolate more.
>>
File: anime file for attention.jpg (189KB, 600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
anime file for attention.jpg
189KB, 600x1064px
AKG: k92(3), k72(2), k81(2), k77(1), k52(1), k44(1)
Sennheiser: hd439(3), hd429s(3), hd558(3), hd419(2), hd205(1), hd202(1)
beyerdynamic: dtx710(2), dt235(1), dtx910(1), dt231 pro(1)

Help me pick one out of these, or suggest another brand and model that is in the same price range but performs better.
Is there an obvious pick?
Do any of them excel at something over others? (e.g. sub-bass, comfiness)
>source
pc, no dedicated sound card.
>open or closed
I think I'd prefer closed but I'm not exactly sure why so I included others.
>Sound signature
Neutral I guess. Wouldn't mind something more punchy.

The numbers in parenthesis are the local price, 3 being highest and 1 lowest.

plsnobully
>>
>>59800753
HD558 out of those
>>
are superlux still the best cheapo headphones?
>>
>>59800590
I'd trip and fall, or get lost... balance and orientation are very tied to hearing.
>>
>>59800848
I think chinkshit IEMs have surpassed them for value.
>>
>>59800753
The HD 558s are probably the best out of the list. With maybe the DTX 910s right behind it.
>>
>>59800919
dont want an IEM tho
>>
>>59801031
HD662 Evo it is, then. If you really can't afford anything more.
>>
>>59800813
>>59800957
So the hd558 is objectively the best one on this list. Makes sense since it's the only one that is used and not in original packaging. AND it costs roughly twice the price of brand new dtx 910.
>>
>>59801059
Really? How much do they cost where you live? Another competitive option would be the SHP9500/9500S from Philips.
>>
>>59801113
Well, I may have exaggerated a bit.
Converted price of dtx 910 is $60, hd 558 is $100.
SHP9500 is $165.
I guess OP wasn't lying when it said prices differ based on location.
>>
>>59801202
Man, and here I thought the SHP9500s would be cheaper. But yeah, the HD 558s are probably the best headphones in your list.
>>
File: Headphone-ATH-M40X-1.jpg (154KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Headphone-ATH-M40X-1.jpg
154KB, 1600x1600px
I really want to get some Audio Technica ATH-M40x's but I hear they aren't compatible with the V-Moda Boom Pro mic because of their 2.5mm jack hole (Boom Pro is 3.5mm correct?)

I really dont want a desktop mic or one of those antlion magnetic mics. Can anyone recommend a mic similar to the V-moda Boom Pro that will fit the 2.5mm hole?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>59800569
M40X with new pads
>>
>>59801341
Grab a pair of Somic MM185's or Status CB-1's. They're cheaper, have a 3.5mm detachable cable and are comfier out of the box.
>>
>Budget
~$300

>Location
Canada

>Source
PC (Realtek ALC1150 w/ 600 Ohm AMP)

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
Maximum comfiness (Comfiness > Audio)

>Sound signature
Anything that isn't too v-shaped. Alternatively, anything that compliments this type of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdsftXc0yU

>Past headphones
Nothing too high-end or worth mentioning. Let's skip that.

Final question; does Amazon.com ship to Canada? Also, a DAC + AMP recommendation would be appreciated, but not needed.
>>
>>59801773
shp9500 or snapheiser hd600 with a schitt dac amp
>>
>>59801773
Used HD600 and a Magni 2.

Either that or a K612 and a Magni 2.
>>
>>59801341
There's a chink shit version with a 2.5 on Amazon, never used one so I can't comment on the quality.

I'd second Anon's CB-1 recommendation, as they won't need new pads.
>>
>>59801773
At $300, you can easily get HD600, which is one of the market peaks in value/cost.

Your onboard audio should more than suffice as a start, but eventually you might want to get the Schiit Stack (Modi 2 + Magni 2).
>>
>>59802148
>>59802182
>hd600
>not 650
>>
>>59802148
>>59802182
>>59802258
No use getting an HD 600; new or used. Nearly twice the price of my budget here. I also already own an SHP9500S, so no use buying another one.
>>
>>59802200
>There's a chink shit version with a 2.5 on Amazon

any chance you have the name? a link?

>>59802200
>>59801554
I considered the CB-1's but I heard the build quality was not the best. Ive had 2 pairs of headphones snap on me in the past, build quality/strength is something I value alot
>>
>>59802269
>wanting veil
heh
>>
>>59802182
>>59802299
But I will take a look at the AKG K612; thanks.
>>
>>59802308
>Ive had 2 pairs of headphones snap on me in the past
What sort of man buys sennheiser twice?
>>
>>59802308
If you search 2.5 boom mic and it's the first option.

I've had my cb-1 for 6 months and haven't worried about them snapping yet, feel sturdy enough if you take care of them. They come with a 1 year warranty anyways.
>>
HD800 owners, how does it's midrange-vocals compare to HD600? Otherwise, whats an ultimate midrange headphone after HD600?
>>
>>59802449
thanks for the info. will look into
>>
File: 1489941494383.png (460KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489941494383.png
460KB, 500x768px
This may not be the right place to ask but what powered monitors for <$200 would you reccomend? specifically for music and gaming.
>>
>>59801508
How are the m40xs with bass?
>>
>>59802640
Save another $100 and get some LSR305's.
>>
Budget - £50
Location - UK
Source - Phone
Type of headphone - Full-sized
Open or Closed - Closed
Comfort level - I don't want to feel like I need to let my ears breath every 15 minutes
Sound signature - Calm, warm, instrumental.
Past headphones - I have M910 Microlab speakers and they've always sounded better than any pair of headphones I've had. My past headphones have just never been quite there, either the sound was tinny, or there was no punch until I turned the volume high.
>>
>>59802705
dont you need a dac for those?
>>
>>59802749
You need a DAC for everything unless youre playing from vinyl. Just grab a UCA222. It'll be enough.
>>
>>59802676
Elevated but not as boosted as M50X's.
Rtings has an M40X chart but they use Bass Compensation.
>>
>>59802765
are the lsr305s really worth $150 more compared to Mackie CR4?
>>
>>59802872
If theyre anything like the CR3, god yes.
>>
>>59802898
okay thanks looks like ill save up
>>
>>59798453
They are end game. Anything past that is placebo tier
>>
>>59796529
I'm new to this thread, what's the general consensus on the ATH-M50x? Are they good for general use, more specifically for school use?
I need:
>over-ear
>good sound isolation
>removable cable
>foldable for easier portability
>"good" audio quality without relying on a DAC
and it seems that it fits the bill.

I want something good enough to stop sounds from low IQ students who keep blasting Shooting Stars compilations in the dorms, while not looking like an idiot with literal foam cans around my head.
>>
Is Fulla 2 good enough for HD 600? I dont really feel like paying $200 for a DAC and AMP
>>
>>59798960
>tfw no anime gf to double blind study
>>
>>59803077
>over-ear
M50x are hardly that with stock pads
>good sound isolation
Check
>removable cable
Its a locking 2.5mm, but it is removable.
>foldable for easier portability
Check
>"good" audio quality without relying on a DAC
The more revealing a headphone, the more you'll notice flaws in a shitty headphone output. No headphones 'rely on a DAC'.

M40x are a better alternate to M50x. Highs arent as rapey. Bass isnt quite as heavy/boomy. Also cheaper [figure that one out]. Also, pads on all ATH-M series headphones suck shit. Replace them with MDR7506, pretty much any Shure, MSR-7, or DT250 pads.

Though if you're really just looking for isolation, get some IEMs. Will give better value sound for your money at that price-point. Tennmak Pros are a good option if you dont want to pay much. You've got a whole bunch of options for the same cost as M50x.
>>
>>59803096
Barely. Get a Magni 2, and a Behringer UCA222. Theyre like $20 USD from ebay. And then just save up for a Modi 2 or something. Or even a Modi 2 Uber, since you can use the UCA222 as an optical output, which eliminates dumb USB problems.
>>
File: 1467470534687.png (275KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
1467470534687.png
275KB, 800x498px
>>59803157
>Behringer UCA222.
What is this?
>>
>>59802826
Sorry, I'm a bit new to this, but what does elevated/boosted bass mean?
>>
>>59803180
A USB DAC/ADC. Connect the RCAs to the Magni 2, just like you'd do with a Modi 2.

Don't use the headphone out tho. Also you can use it for microphone shit if you ever need that, though not really the prime purpose for you.
>>
>>59803063
That's not how it works, anon. Is there anything to confirm this?
>>
>>59796529
>Budget
$50
>Location
USA
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Full size
>Open or closed
Open preferred
>Comfort level
Maximum comfy
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
Superlux HD668B, these things are my current headphones. They have got to be the most uncomfortable headphones I've ever worn, I don't care how good they sound for the price if I can't wear them for more than 20 minutes.
>>
>>59803188
The anon here >>59803136 explains pretty much the differences between M50 and M40's
>>
>>59803240
Philips SHP9500S. Currently $55 on Newegg right now.
>>
>>59803229
If you cant give me the testing that has strong evidence within the appropriate margin of error that anything above the HD 600 is overall superior, then you can not with a shred of honesty claim the HD 600 is not endgame
>>
File: 1462671418456.png (289KB, 824x542px) Image search: [Google]
1462671418456.png
289KB, 824x542px
>>59803208
>>
>>59803240
Get new pads on them. AKG K240 and HM5 pads work. HM5 Hybrids, HM5 Velour or K240 Velours would probably work best on 668B's.
>>
>>59803240
Change the pads on them you mongoloid.
>>
>>59803264
I asked you first, anon; is there anything to confirm what you believe?
>>
>>59803241
>>59803136
Ah, thanks.
>>
>>59803240
There are good "velour" pads you can get for very cheap on AliExpress, or you can pay about $25 for high end memory foam pads.

To answer your request Somic V2 or Takstar Hi2050s, or some other year, if you want to go a little above budget
>>
>>59803288
(Han LA & Poulsen T., 1998)
(Schmuziger N, Probst R, & Smurzynski J., 2004)
(Poulsen T & Oakley S., 2009)
(Brännström KJ & Lantz J., 2010)
(Van der Aerschot M, Swanepoel de W, Mahomed-Asmail F, Myburgh HC & Eikelboom RH, 2016)
>>
>>59803369
>1998
>2004
>2009
>2010
Hmmm... Sorry anon, i'm not reading that. Mind summarizing?
>>
>>59803416
HD600s came out in 1998, other studies proved that nothing has changed
>>
>>59803434
What? How does that prove they're end game?
>>
>>59803441
Ive presented my evidence, and attempting to dismiss older studies for their age is irrelevant because Ive given a study from last year. HD 600 is end game for all but old men who have lost their hearing and will fall for memes like electromagnetic railphones.
Where is your evidence.
>>
>>59803522
>Other studies proved that nothing has changed
Again, how does showing it hasn't changed since release prove it's end game?
>>
>>59803522
>HD 600's are scientifically proven as headphone end game
You really must be on something to think personal preference is science.
>>
>>59803522
Heh, Nice bait.
>>
File: AttentionPlease.jpg (23KB, 485x353px) Image search: [Google]
AttentionPlease.jpg
23KB, 485x353px
>>59801773
AKG K701/K702

On another topic, post, rate, and relate music. I'll start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdsftXc0yU
>>
Has anyone tried buying from EGlobalCenter.com before? I see they have listed AKG K612 headphones for just $130 (much less than other places), and I'd like to know if they were good enough to buy from? Do they deliver good products that last in good condition?
>>
>>59804514
I also see that they have the AKG 701 for about $150. Can either of those be used with a regular cell phone?
>>
>>59804565
Neither of those can be powered by just a cellphone
>>
>>59804565
I don't have either of those myself but I've read the K612 requires more power than any phone could deliver.

However, I do have the K712's and according to AKG's website, they both have the same specs for ohms and sensitivity (62 ohms/105 dB SPL/V). The K712's surprisingly work really well straight from my phone.
>>
>>59804809
Damn, I messed up. I meant to say the K701 and the K712 have the same specs. Sorry for any confusion
>>
>>59803322
Not that anon, but I've had the 2050's and returned them after a week.

Mids were awful, highs were pretty sibilant.
If you've never had good headphones before, they're probably fine.
They were incredibly comfortable, which bummed me out because I hated the sound.
I can't recommend them though.

Way better off getting 668's or SHP's in that price range.
>>
I have a Fulla 2. If I needed more power would it DAC and stack it with a magni 2?
>>
>>59805225
*would it be possible to just use the DAC and stack it with a magni 2?
>>
>~$300 US
>US
>Fulla 2
>Open
>Warm or slight V shape
>SHP9500, DT770

Had these headphones for a while, like them both for different reasons, but I'd like to upgrade.

I prefer the sound of the DT770 over the SHP's.
I don't consider them bass cannons like a lot of people say, since they don't have crazy mid bass to provide bloat, and with a bit of EQ the highs aren't bad.

Currently debating between the DT880's and AKG 712.
>>
>>59805225
>>59805240

I think so. Plug in the Fulla 2, connect the Fulla to the Magni via 3.5mm TRS to RCA cable. I just looked over the manual and you plug it on the back of the Fulla, the 2nd jack on the left.
>>
What's the absolute best noise isolating pair of headphones I can get for under 200 USD.
>>
File: 3.5mm.png (98KB, 578x388px) Image search: [Google]
3.5mm.png
98KB, 578x388px
Hey guys, retard here. Im having way more trouble with this than I would have ever thought.

Looking for a decent 3.5mm auxillary cable but all I see are are either:

>cheap $1 rainbow garbage
>way too expensive
>brands ive never heard of OR seemingly no visible or written branding at all?

can anyone recommend a solid cable? a brand to look for?
>>
>>59805463
Check Monoprice or grab an AmazonBasics cable.
>>
Does anyone know how to EQ headphones? I've read a couple of forum posts on it but they require installing a bunch of programs and a drawn out and obscure process.
>>
WATERPROOF HEADPHONES
I NEED THEM

GIVE ME RECOMMENDATIONS, THEY ALL LOOK MEH QUALITY ONLINE
>>
OK, /hpg...
I'm hoping you can help me out here.
I know you guys are really into high end nice headphones, but I'm sure you know about some low end stuff too.

I'm looking to buy some old-fashioned earbuds, the non in-ear style, like pic related. I own a pair of pic related, and I like them, but I want to get something with a less V-shaped sound signature, so that pretty much cuts out all JVC stuff. I'm looking for something more neutral, where the vocals will be more prominent. I have a budget of $45. I don't want to spend serious money on this style of earbuds.

I need these and not the in-ear type because I want to be able to hear ambient noises and other enviromental sounds for my commute and other daily business. The JVC's are perfect in that regard, but the sound signature leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>59796529
I have a pair of HD600s and I need an amp/dac combo. I bought the Fiio E10K but the thing is not cutting it, HD600s are 300 ohm. What is the best combo for a desk with limited space?
>>
Thinking about this:

>US
>Schiit Jotunheim AMP/DAC
>Sennheiser HD650

Anyone tried the Jotunheim? is it enough to get good quality from the 650's?

Maybe a better headphone around the same price?
>>
Got a pair of Vmoda-100s for Christmas. Love them so far but they seem slightly underpowered. I thought an amp wasn't nessacary for them?
>>
File: vKDXo.jpg (49KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
vKDXo.jpg
49KB, 331x331px
>>59805981
>>
>>59805973
You'll want the VE Monk Plus with the Expansion pack. They cost $5 with 4 pairs of thin foams for the base model. $10 for the expansion pack and about $20 for inline mic and any additional connectors.
>>
>>59806038
You won't need a Jotunheim; Modi2/Magni2 combo works for most just fine
>>
>>59806299
Thank you, for your input. I've located them already.
>>
>>59806273
When you say not cutting it, do you mean it just doesn't get loud enough? You could buy a magni 2.
>>
>>59806639
It sounds too average, I'm not getting 100% of the headphone I paid for.
>>
>>59806717
Maybe it's the headphones themselves?
>>
>>59806717
An amp will make them louder, it will not make them something are not despite what the uninformed and delusional people on head-fi will tell you.
>>
>>59806935
>>59806962
A Fiio E10K will do up to 150 ohms. An HD600 is 300 ohms. Are you people retarded or just poor?
>>
>>59807027
You don't understand how headphone impedance works as you ask if other people are retarded? I'm not sure how you can even be this full of yourself when you know nothing about how headphones and headphone amplifiers function.
>>
>>59807111
I may not know much but I do know that a 10 dollar amp can't drive a $400 headphone.
>>
>>59807237
Cost has nothing to do with voltage sensitivity. You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>59807283
Then tell me why you think I should stick with the E10K.
>>
>>59807292
Because an iPhone 5 is already capable enough of powering the HD600.

For reference, the $1600 HD 800 S are easier to power than the $200 DT 880 250ohm, so, again, price means nothing.

Oh and the 250ohm DT 880 are harder to drive than the 300ohm HD600/650, before you go yapping "BUT DEEZ OHMS ARE MORE DAN DEEZ OHMS"
>>
>>59807307
Then what's the point of buying higher end amps if all it does is "raise the volume" according to you?
>>
>>59807386
The same point in buying $1,000 HDMI cables from Monster.

In reality there are very few headphones that require powerful amps, those being the HE-6, K1000 and 600ohm DT880/990, as well as Electrostatic headphones.

Some may buy tube amps to 'color' the sound, although those effects are so minor and mostly unnoticable that in reality they're just buying them for some tube glow and cognitive dissonance.

The fact that you already hold some expectation of expensive headphone amplifiers shows me you've already been brainwashed by the marketing.
>>
>>59807409
Also forgot to mention output impedance of the amp, which can have a significant impact on headphones depending on the impedance curve of said headphone. Most Sennheisers for example have a big rise in impedance in the midbass region ~100Hz, so if your headphone amp has a high output impedance the midbass will get bloated, muddy and less controlled.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance
>>
>>59807409
>having an amp doesnt matter

>>59807432
>but it does
>>
This is the first time I've ever come to this thread, and I want to let you all know I'm losing my fucking mind trying to understand sound, and buy a pair of replacement headphones for my Astros. I'm an idiot, clearly. I'll read the guide thoroughly and never post again.
>>
Budget - 70€
Location - Germany
Source - Phone and PC
Type of headphone - closed on ears
Comfort level - Comfy
Sound signature - neutral
>>
>>59807445
The point those anons are making is that spending $50-$100 on a better amp won't suddenly make the HD600s sound twice as good. It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>59807445
If you're using headphones you're using an amp. Whether you need to spend more on a discrete amp is up to the headphones in question but more than likely not needed.
>>
>>59807459
>>59807465
Got it. Bought the magni uber 2.
>>
Just bought HD600s. Expecting them to be mediocre af.
>>
Hey guys, I've been rocking Superlux HD681Evos for the past three years or so, I've already got through a pair because I nackered the cable on the cup end. Now in the market for another pair as I sit here with a bunch of electrical tape and bare wires sticking out the side of these ones.

Would it be better to buy new 681evos or go for something like the 668b or 669? I want to stay in the same price range because I'm a poorfag. Also is there any cabling I can get that will reduce stress on the wire? I tend to sleep with them on and wear them 90% of the time on my days off.
>>
File: 1487398951646.png (54KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1487398951646.png
54KB, 357x368px
Why isn't there a headphone tier list?
Why isn't there a compact launch price list?
>>
>>59808104
Only headphones worth buying are the K701s cause mio wears them.
>>
>>59808104

We have loads on the installgentoo wiki but they're mostly old as fuck now. Most of them only talk about the Superlux HD681s and not the new Evos that fix almost all the problems the 681s had.
>>
>>59808135
I just want something that puts all(most) headphones in a tier list so I can pick a tier and compare the various headphones in that tier, rather than comparing a random $50 headphone to a random $150 headphone.
>>
>>59808242

It would be good if we could have like an ongoing online spreadsheet so we could put in everything we know about current headphones and constantly add new ones that came out and rank them in some way.

There's head-fi that has a ranking system but head-fi tend to be to autistic tier audiophiles.
>>
>>59796761
http://goldenears.net/ ?
>>
>>59797402
>the webm
context? or sauce
>>
>>59804750
>>59804809
>>59804846

No problem. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
Does anyone know what the difference between the Superlux 668b and 669 is? One of them has tons of glowing reviews and a lot of coverage, the other one just seems to have slipped out afterwards without anyone noticing it.
>>
>>59805531
You need to install a parametric equalizer. For Windows use Equalizer APO.

Then you'll need to have the basics of what the program does understood. Peaking filter is by far the most useful. You can add or subtract, use wide or narrow filters with any amount of positive or negative gain and at any point in the FR. You can combine filters and they can overlap. There's virtually no limit on how many filters you can use with digital equalizers. Remember not to add total digital gain. Use the preamp function to lower the gain in the case you use additive filters. Watch the EQ plot which the program shows you for sanity and to learn how the filters behave.

You EQ by listening to test tones which provide a neutral reference. Sine sweep is easy for spotting coloration and testing whether you created filters which nullified them. Noise is good for overall tonality but not so good for specifics. Don't use music. You listen to the tones, create filters and listen again repeating the process until you are satisfied with the end result. The idea is to remove any audible/objectionable peaks or dips in volume when you listen to the sweep.
>>
>>59805463
If you don't mind waiting (you probably do), then I can recommend Vention cables from Aliexpress. Very well made and cheap.
>>
>>59808400
Doesn't allow comparison like on Headroom.

>>59796761
We have links to sites providing measurements in the Wiki.
>>
>>59808407
https://youtu.be/L34S4Tt1EuQ

Context: he finds them painfully bad.
>>
>>59805240
Yes, no prob.

Use the fixed (not affected by volume knob) dac output.

As it uses the same chip, it should sound like a modi2.
>>
>>59805277
HD650.
>>
>>59805429
HD380 Pro are pretty decent monitors with high isolation.
>>
>>59805463
AmazonBasics or, if not stocked, any cable between $5 and $10.
>>
>>59805981
In power: e10k < fulla 2 < magni 2 < jot

I have the fulla2 and uber stack, and HD600. Fulla2 doesn't cut it (sounds good under 9 o'clock, distorts after), so e10k definitely shit.

I suggest grabbing Schiit stack, uber stack or jotunheim. Evaluate depending on budget, connectivity options you need, and whether you intend to get more headphones in the future.
>>
>>59806038
Magni2's power is more than enough. Jotunheim is luxury/overkill territory.
>>
>>59806962
Huh, no. An amp will make HD650 literally sound good vs not. These are among the few that definitely do need one.

They'll distort out of simple lack of power, out of a computer's jack.
>>
>>59809559
The Fulla 2 sounds like it is either defective or incompetently designed. Neither is out of the question.

>>59809617
Not. What. Power. Is.
>>
>>59808049
Lel I am in a similar position but the other way around. I have the 668B for the same amount of time and i had problems with the cable (I modded it with a female jack eventually so I can change cables easily). I was thinking about buying the evos but instead I ordered some velour pads for 5 dolaritos today.
>>
>>59807111
Power at a given load impedance cannot be guessed from power at one or two other impedances.

You'd literally have to know the design of the amp.

Try diy audio to learn how this shit works.
>>
>>59807292
You shouldn't, because there's plenty of reports Fulla2 cannot, and that's gotvfar more juice than e10k already.
>>
>>59807795
Well done. That's the only amp you will ever need, unless you buy some stax earspeakers or other electrostatics, which require a special amp but bundle one anyway.
>>
>>59807962
If you never used neutral-ish before, they'll sound shit for a week or two, while your brain adapts. Worth the wait.

They do definitely need an amp and a good one. Magni2 is suggested.
>>
>>59808104
Nobody gives a fuck about price at launch. It is current price that matters.
>>
>>59809617
Quality nonsense.
>>
>>59809617
>They'll distort out of simple lack of power, out of a computer's jack.
lmao stay retarded sennshill
>>
File: 1463224006416.jpg (98KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
1463224006416.jpg
98KB, 960x636px
>>59809482
>any cable between $5 and $10

because price means quality
>>
HE6, Stax (1985 model), HD 800S reporting in for questions.
>>
File: 1466546335533.jpg (77KB, 639x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466546335533.jpg
77KB, 639x640px
>Budget
I'd like to stay below 200 dollars, but 100 would be great. Kind of depends on where the peak value is at. If spending 200 only yields me 5% more performance, I'd rather spend the 100 to get 95% of the way.
>Location
USA
>Source
Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox (came to /g/ in the past to ask about an MP3 player and that's how I ended up with that)
>Type of headphone
IEM. I want something light to travel with, good isolation. I fly a lot so would like one of those buttons some headphones have where you can hear/microphone the flight attendant without having to pull the IEMs out.
>Comfort level
Comfy!
>Sound signature
I guess nuetral or at least close to. I mostly listen to electronic music, mostly progressive house and minimal techno. So something crunchy isn't too bad either, but the other 20% of the time I listen to classical and piano so I don't want something really wacky for that.
>Past headphones
I had some high dollar Shure E535s from like 10 years ago. They have lived their life and died. I also have some Beyerdynamic DT770s that need a replacement top pad...
>>
>>59809559
My fulla 2 doesn't distort after 9, more like 3. It's an amazing little amp.
>>
>>59810868
Moron from before. I actually meant 3 o'clock. I can't read an imaginary clock apparently.

To my defense, I posted from my phone, while on bed and half asleep.
>>
>>59805463
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ms5/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-1-5m-3-5mm-Jack-Cable/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1491751269&sr=8-5&keywords=fisual

I have a couple different sizes of these. They're brilliant.
>>
>>59810903
ah fair enough
>>
>>59809775
But surely headphones released at the same price are comparable in quality?
>>
File: 1459308508171.jpg (71KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1459308508171.jpg
71KB, 927x380px
>Budget
~$150
>Location
US
>Source
pc
>Type of headphone
gaymer
>Open or closed
???
>Comfort level
super comfy
>Sound signature
???
>Past headphones
hyperx cloud
>>
>>59811087
please actually read the fucking form options
nobody wants to answer your half filled out shit
>>
>>59810978
Aside from build quality of the cheapest headphones, definitely not.
>>
I have some hd650s in the way, what should I expect?
>>
>>59811482
for you to move them out of the way?
>>
>>59811482
Amazing midrange.
>>
>>59811482
Amazing headphones but they're a slightly worse 600 imo. 600 is king.
>>
File: IMG_0493.jpg (2MB, 4032x2453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.jpg
2MB, 4032x2453px
Family photo
A few more are on the way also, HD6xx and TH-X00
>>
File: IMG_0495.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Guess I'll take some pics
The superlux peaks pretty high in the bass and that warmness carries though to the misses but doesn't muddy them. The highs are worse of all of them though they just sound so thin and metallic. Pretty harsh highs.

The Phillips, not much to say about them. Distinct lack of bass and pretty boring overall. Almost like the Hyundai Accent of headphones or something
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Some people don't, but whatever this material they use on these I really like. Makes everything really open, sound can just pass right though, doesn't isolate at all. I think it the reason even always describe these as oh so open. Pretty comfy imho
>>
File: 1490032739332.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490032739332.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
bought logitech g430 today, what do you guys think of g430?
>>
File: IMG_0498.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Distinct crinkle when these move around like there is tissue paper in there or something. You can still hear it when they are on your head and move your jaw like if you were eating something. Strongest clamp force out of the ones I have. With velour pads they are more like open headphone then semi-open.
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812025
Not much, as a 7.1 headset I would stay far away.
>>
File: spongebob-a.jpg (6KB, 208x189px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-a.jpg
6KB, 208x189px
>>59811738
>posts family photo
>doesn't include the cat
>>
File: IMG_0501.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812156
She's assuming direct control
>>
>>59812032
The crinkling is a really sharp foam. You can open them up and pull the foam out. The movement will be a bit easier too. Also you can change the camp my bending the headband part. Its spring steel so its strong as fucc.
>>
>>59812176
Pretty one. Any idea what I should buy m8? >>59810864
>>
>>59798452
>You laugh at them costing $300, what headphones are clearly better then?, besides the hd800 which I've never tried.
Every single Stax ever made, for starters. Some Ultrasones. Audezes.
>>
>>59812130
Wearing my 9500's right now. Cozy as fuck.
>>
>>59811738
>mid-fi hell
>>
File: IMG_0503.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0503.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812201
Thanks, sorry tho, I don't know much about iems to say anything about them let alone recommend one.
----------------------------
Hifimans............
>>
>>59812219
>Ultrasones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
>>
>>59812303
No worries. I might just get some Shure SE 215s and be done with it. Those seem like a safe bet.
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Build """quality""""......
The actual build of it is really solid, no rattling everything is solidly put together. Clicks from the headband adjustments are strong as well as the articulation. Those aspects give confidence
HOWEVER
The metrials do not inspire confidence. The plastic that holds the cans to the headband feel like they could snap if you look at them funny. The pleather of the headband, though comfortable and they tried to add what little padding they could, feels like if could easily tear if you drag your finger across it hard enough, like you can with like srinkwrap and whatnot. Almost everything is plastic so I'm not sure how long the stops that go into the holes to adjust the headband will last as they're probably plastic as well.
>>
>>59811087
audio technica ad900x
>>
>>59812366
Is he /ourguy/™?
>>
>>59811087
Sennheiser HD598se.
>>
File: 131451453466.jpg (16KB, 329x247px) Image search: [Google]
131451453466.jpg
16KB, 329x247px
I come seeking advice on headphones. I'd really like to improve the sound quality of them. At the same time, I see that the wiki does not recommend any headsets with microphones. I do some light streaming and was hoping to incorporate that, although I can live with a separate mic if that means getting high quality audio output.

Budget Ideally $100-200 but flexibile on the high end if it gives significant performance boost.

Location USA

Source PC, Portable devices

Type of headphone Full-size over the ear

Open or closed Closed

Comfort level - At least moderately comfortable, I would be wearing them for long stretches

Sound signature Neutral if possible
>>
File: IMG_0506.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812366
This one always make me laugh.
>>59812507
Aside from his $100+ cables, which he tries to remain 'neutral' on I don't see why he isn't.
>>
>>59812556
>neutral
>closed
Sennheiser HD380 Pro.
>>
File: IMG_0507.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0507.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812556
If you want to take your streams to the next level then get a desk mic.

I would say spend $150 on a m50x then head over to chink shit general and look at their info graphs and pick out a $50 mic of your choice.
>>
>>59812638
>I would say spend $150 on a m50x
Shit advice.
>>
>>59809440
Any reason?
>>
>>59809617
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>59811337
HD 598

You don't speak for all of us, anon :^)
>>
What's /mu/s opinion on the Shure se215s?
>>
File: carasandwich.jpg (410KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
carasandwich.jpg
410KB, 1280x855px
>>59812796
Also curious.
>>
>>59811738
Which would you rate from best to worst?
>>
>>59812219
You are taking the piss here surely?
>>
>>59812507
no
>>
>>59812985
Him and >>59776853 gets it. Is there a problem, anon?
>>
>>59812985
Not that anon, but can you translate for a burger? Is this bongspeak? Is it talking the piss or taking the piss?
>>
>>59812768
>>59812517
I was considering hd 598 but now I don't know since it seems to be a meme.
>>
File: IMG_0508.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59812854
On sound
HD518<HD668B<SPH9500<ATX-AD500X<HE350<K7xx
Comfort
ATX-AD500X<HD668B<SPH9500<HD518<HE350<K7xx
Build/Constuction
ATX-AD500X<HE350<K7xx<HD668B<SPH9500<HD518
>>
File: IMG_3868.jpg (71KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3868.jpg
71KB, 768x512px
>>59812796
>>59812839

>time to shill
I have RHA 750 for about month or so, so they have gone after 100+ hours of burn in.

>sound
Natural flat sound with extended sub bass and really great depth of the sound stage. Fucking great detail and resolution while retaining the great timbre and having that "fun" vibe to it.

>build
Made out of steel that includes the nozzles with thick rubber cable - Panzerkampfwagen quality.

>comfy
I use them over the ear with comply foam tips that they were included with. Noise isolation, base response and fit AA+++ with these tips.

>extras etc.
3 years of warranty
carrying case, shirt clip
extra ear tips (2x comply included)
>>
>>59813105
I have HD598 and they are:

>V sound but opposite, lack of bass and highs
>very open with great sound stage
>you can drive them with smartphone
>>
>>59812219
Lost me at Ultrasone, Audeze was the icing on the cake
>>
>>59813112
Which do you find yourself using the most?

I want to expand my collection, but I'd hate to mostly use one pair while the others collect dust.
>>
File: DavidClarkHeadset.jpg (360KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DavidClarkHeadset.jpg
360KB, 1200x1200px
I own a pair of David Clarks.
Not the best sound quality, but sturdy as hell. WIll last 20+ years.

Also, put together with screws, not cheap chinese glue. Going to install an ANR module eventually.
>>
File: IMG_0509.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0509.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59813112
Now a lot of this is color by my own preferences and annoyances.
Take for example on the build for example
Superlux I rated higher than the AKG because even though they both have the same design where the drive and rotate around the housing the chinks were able for $30 make a design that is able to rotate freely without problems(aside for some crackle) while the AKG locks up and POPs at certain spots to free itself on a $200 headphone.
WTF
>>
>>59813222
Why have something that sounds like absolute shit just because it will last you 20+ years? I own 600's and the build quality is poor, but I bet they last me near that, or to a point where I sell them to buy something else. Just place them somewhere safe and take care of your shit.
>>
>>59813053
>Is there a problem, anon?
Yeah, everything. Arguing about sound signature preference is stupid to begin with and should end when it starts by both parties agreeing to disagree. Saying a headphone X is better than headphone Y as some universal truth is still nothing more than your opinion with the only important part left out: the explanation of why do you think so. The argument here is made more stupid by generalizing headphone brands which simply doesn't work. All those brands make multiple headphones which differ in not only sound but fit and comfort, too. Can you find a common theme among them by which they are all better than something else?
>>
>>59813353
Because autistic people think like that.
>>
>>59813353
Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual tyrannosaurus. Just like me.
>>
>>59813371
AKG is sex.
Not him by the way.
>>
>>59813404
m8 you're not in the army, and you aren't arnie. Stop pretending that you're driving a fucking tank and buy good headphones you mong.
>>
>>59813419
This anon gets it. :)
>>
>>59813134
Thanks for the info! I'll check those out, never heard of that brand.

How hard are they to put in and out? Like if on an airplane and a flight attendant asks what you want for dinner or to drink? I always struggled with my old ones because you had to press and hold to get them to seal.
>>
File: 1476385573815.png (192KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
1476385573815.png
192KB, 711x633px
>>59813458
>Stop pretending that you're driving a fucking tank
>>
>>59813544
kek, just memeing about friendo. Keep driving that tank.
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59813178
Depends I don't like inplugging and moving headphones around and blah blah do they stay in different areas, otherwise they go back into their boxes. Hifimans were by the computer Phillips by the night stand for late night listening and superlux on the end table for gaymen or silently listening to the tv.
The Akgs just came last week so they've been following me around because I like their sound.
I'll probably switch out the Phillips for them and keep them on the nightstand so I can also pick them up easily to take them into the bath when I want to soak and relax.

When the 6xx and thx00 arrive ill probably use them on the computer and move the hifimans to the living room endtable and move the Phillips and superlux a back to their boxes.
>>
budget - not a problem
location - eu
source - bluetooth
type of headphone - ote, neckband
comfort level - sports activity
soud signature - non pumped lows
past headphones - grado sr 80 for home use, happy with them
>>
File: smil.jpg (46KB, 551x367px) Image search: [Google]
smil.jpg
46KB, 551x367px
>>59813583
tanks
>>
>>59813527
>How hard are they to put in and out?
There is nothing hard about them.

If you ask about comply fit then you need to squeeze them with your fingers, place the IEM inside your ear canal and they will expand after few seconds making perfect seal.

After 15+ minutes of use the warmth of your ear canal will transfer to the foam tips and it will be even easier to insert them or take them out any time.
>>
File: 107tnom.jpg (252KB, 1598x899px) Image search: [Google]
107tnom.jpg
252KB, 1598x899px
>>59813659
>>
File: IMG_20170409_120321.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_120321.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>59813593
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>59813734
>>
New thread:

>>59814446
>>
File: 20170409_145758.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_145758.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>59813827
He-350 owner... currently living in at 36°Celcius (min). Any earpads sealed with glue last just a month.

For now... i will just dye the foam to black. Are there any compatible earpads without shitty glue?
>>
>>59814498
Try the focus pads
>>
File: mpv-shot0007.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0007.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>59813105
Be careful, the "cs" version is some closed shit that has no relation to the headphone we love.
>>
>>59811337
lol
>>59812505
>>59812517
ty ;) gonna go with ad900x
>>
>>59815679
Nice choice; just know that its suspension system doesn't fit in too well with smaller heads.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.