[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pcbg/ - PC Building General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 33

File: GTX in SRM-01.jpg (1016KB, 3629x2722px) Image search: [Google]
GTX in SRM-01.jpg
1016KB, 3629x2722px
/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

State the PURPOSE of your PC, BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List which GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List monitor resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify if goal is to lower price or improve specs.
Use common sense and put effort into your queries.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
https://pcpartpicker.com

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, PSU advice & Windows activation information.
http://pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

>Information on how to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

Currently worthwhile CPUs:
>G4560 for budget builds (<$500) unless G4620/i3 is discounted over 25%
>i3 aren't worthwhile, unless used for highly single threaded tasks. e.g. dwarf fortress & emulators
>i5 aren't worthwhile. No exceptions. Get Ryzen 5 or drop down to G4560
>i7-7700k is good but pricey. If over budget, consider 6700k and/or a locked motherboard + cheaper cooler; not chasing 4.8Ghz capable when you weren't going to overclock - or get Ryzen 5/7
>R7 for compute & multitask workstations

Currently worthwhile GFX cards:
>RX470, RX480 8GB, R9 Fury, 1070, 1080, 1080TI
>1060 is worth considering over a 480 if same/cheaper in your country. 1050Ti is for mITX builds
>Budget builds: consider integrated graphics over any card weaker than an RX470
>RX500 comes April 18th

General:
>Don't feel bound to a specific brand/model. Parametric filters on pcpartpicker can help here
>Consider SSD only for what you budgeted on SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't worth it just for faster OS boot. They're primarily for quicker loading and saving of files for productive use
>If patient, you can save a lot by purchasing your parts individually in flash sales
>Consider mATX

If you see another build advice thread, direct them here with >>>/g/pcbg
>>
So which R5 is worth getting?
>>
>>59764710
1500X in general for the price..
1600 if you want to overclock, and 1600X if you don't and want good stock clocks or just want slightly better overclocks for much more money.

The 1400 has half the L3 cache which seems to cause issues in a number of games, and stock cooler is weaker. I'd avoid this CPU unless you really, really need to save $20 at all costs.
>>
Hey I'm looking to build a gaming pc for player unknown battlegrounds, H1Z1 and rainbow 6 seige running at 1080p 60fps.looking to hopefully keep it under £1000 but I could be flexible if the benefits of going slightly over are worth while. I'm from UK. I'm looking for a complete build list as I don't have a good understanding at what parts are best suited for me.
>>
Is the hyper evo 212 still the way to go for a good price/perfomance cooler?
I plan to go for a 1600X
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cGD6jc
Thoughts? Trying to keep noise to a minimum, also considering buying a used 980ti, potentially with reference cooler to take better advantage of case
>>
>>59765040
As I understand it there are bet5er performing coolers for the same price or same performing for cheaper. The two that come to mind are the cryorig h7 or whatever it is and the cooler master t4
>>
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TGNftJ

is this going to fit or am I retarded?
>>
>>59765024
Not sure about H1Z1, but all Ubisoft games like Siege are threaded extremely well - except for Far Cry Primal, and Watch Dogs 2 just doesn't like Ryzen like Ashes and Total War didn't before their patches.

For 1000 pounds you should be safe with the 1600 at £220. Or the 1600X if you don't want to overclock should be good for 200+ FPS in Siege.
Just PC, or monitor and peripherals too?

I'd suggest the 1500X, but I hear H1Z1 and Unknown's Battlegrounds are unoptimized messes that run like shit even on a 7700k.

>>59765040
No. Cryorig C7 is better at that price. And the H5 and a bunch of other big air coolers are better for slightly more.

But because the 1600X is almost half the heat output of the 7700k, you should be fine even with a Cryorig C1. Just get any 110-140w TDP cooler.
>>
>>59765041
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cGD6jc
>Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler and Silverstone FT05B-W ATX Mid Tower Case are not compatible.
I hope you read that and double checked dimensions to see that it's wrong before posting.

You may need to go with a different orientation for 140mm-200mm fan (the blow down ones are fucking amazing for VRM and RAM cooling. Sadly underated because MUH RAM NEEDS TO BE SHOWING) or go 120mm.

>>59765072
>https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TGNftJ
idk what does the site say for the case about radiator support? Look at it yourself
>>
>>59765040
Just get the R5 1600 and use the stock cooler (almost as good as the 212 Evo). You can overclock it to 1600X speeds.
>>
File: 1334187030193.jpg (24KB, 396x304px) Image search: [Google]
1334187030193.jpg
24KB, 396x304px
>>59764658
Putting psu on top in 2017. This must be bait.
>>
>>59764658
Poland.
Looking to upgrade.
Currently using Radeon 7970 - I'm considering upgrading to either Nvidia or AMD.
Usage: cad, photogrammetry, gaming.

Current display is 1920x1200 60hz but I'm considering grabbing a vr headset.

Good 16:10 display with fast response time is an option too.
No need for free/G sync. 144hz is a plus.
>>
>>59765141
It's a false positive, a Google search showed many a rig with that exact combo, it's tight but fits
I have no Fuckin clue what you're on about with the fans though
>>
>>59765040
fuck a 212, the mount is shit.

Before you guys go tearing me a new asshole
>PURPOSE of your PC
Mame emulation, consoles to 4th gen+PS1 and anime on an old crt monitor @ 640x480
>BUDGET
Sold a bunch of old consoles+games and made $887 after fees, but less is better
>GAMES/SOFTWARE
Dosbox, Pc games up to about morrowind,vlc, browser based streaming
>Needs
Native DVI-I or VGA out, optical toslink audio Radeon HD 4/5/6/7XXX because I might hack it for 240p if I find a broadcast monitor. HTPC/mini tower

Already have a desktop and a laptop, this will just be a toy. Obsolescence doesn't matter for it's needs. I'll emulate newer consoles on my desktop anyways

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6bD6jc

Don't need much power, figure it will be fun to play with overclocking igp, gpu, cpu, ram and using hybrid stutterfire for maximum memes.
I will be buying most of it used,
>>
>>59765191
>putting PSU on the bottom in a mATX case with optical drives, leaving an empty space in the front-bottom ahead of the PSU with nothing to go there.
This must be bait.
Or you're just an idiot that can't think for yourself to see how compact and space efficient the configuration of that case is.
>>
>>59765222
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cGD6jc
Looks fine, then, though I think the huge cooler is a bit excessive because Ryzen hits a voltage wall rather than thermal wall.
I mean they are correlated... but still. You'll get maybe another 50mhz over a medium sized air cooler like the Cryorig H5 or the next step down with Noctua, I bet.

Build looks really solid other than that, but it certainly doesn't hurt going with the huge cooler if the extra $30-$40 doesn't matter.
>>
>>59765226
I don't.. quite understand.
Why an A6-6400k and 6450 for emulation, exactly?
Is there some autistically specific requirement of needing an FM2 APU and low end 8 year old AMD GPU?

I see you need an analog DVI-I/VGA and not digital which is standard today, but there are $20 active converters.

Anyway.. you can get a 7970 for about $60-$75 off ebay. Which is better than a new $140 1050Ti, for example, assuming it's still "healthy".
But I really feel like you should get the cheapest new RX470 you can get, in the $110-$130 range, and one of those active converters.
What stops you from going with a better CPU? Are you just trying to avoid the intel management engine? Because you'd be better off with a G4560 here from what I can see.

... actually. Why can't you just use the G4560 with an active converter for its output? Its iGPU is more powerful than that 6450.
>>
>>59765226
>>59765428
Also wouldn't you rather have a mITX with a (more compact and quieter) 275GB SSD?
You could fit that within your budget easily.

> figure it will be fun to play with overclocking igp, gpu, cpu, ram and using hybrid stutterfire for maximum memes.
A12-9800k would be the maximum meme. They are tough to find, OEM only. You can sometimes find them on ebay for about $120.
AMD is supposed to be selling them directly to consumers in Q2, which means pretty damn soon.

That's ~2x the CPU power of the G4560, ~3x the GPU, and with a B350/X300/X370 motherboard it can be overclocked.
>>
Currently have a r9 290 with a 3570k.
Should I just sell the whole thing and build a new PC or just buy a new GPU?
>>
File: GTX1080XG_02.png (500KB, 932x496px) Image search: [Google]
GTX1080XG_02.png
500KB, 932x496px
I want to get 1070 Xtreme Gaming from Gigabyte because it has pretty much ideal cooling system. But I heard some people had problems with fans. More with G1 model but I heard some cases of Xtreme too. Anyone has this card? How is it?
>>
>>59765467
>Are you getting the what you want for gaming? No. Don't upgrade. No point.

>Are you not getting what you want for gaming?
Well your processor's relatively decent. The Ryzen processors might make it very tempting to upgrade (you could get an R5 1600 and get an additional 4 cores and 8 threads); it also helps that the AM4 socket will last 4 years. I think you might be able to get away with not upgrading it for the time being.

Your R9 290 is pretty decent. If you wanted to upgrade to a new gpu, you could easily hold off until the release of Vega (around two months) and compare it to Pascal.

You could just sell the whole thing right now (not exactly sure how much you would get if you sold the whole rig) and use the cash to put money towards a R5 1600 and a GTX 1070/1080 or Vega.

It's really up to you at that point.
>>
>>59765598
Damn, I fucked up the formatting a little.
>>
>>59765226
Looks fine for your very specific purpose, other than the DVD drive.
>>
>>59765562
>buying a card based on stock cooler
>not completely disregarding the stock cooler because you're going to replace it with an aftermarket one
This is not how you do it.
You buy them based on PCB, GPU binning, and VRMs.

>>59765467
>Should I just sell the whole thing and build a new PC or just buy a new GPU?
Huh? The CPU is the weakest point there and if anything is bottlenecking you, it's that. Especially if it's not overclock.
A 290X should still play most games at 60fps minimum if you just drop texture resolution down from being 4k and tessellation down.
The 290X is nearly equal to the RX480.

Get a 4c/8t CPU or better and you should be fine, though you could upgrade to Vega/Volta/Navi.
>>
>>59764658
love the summarised info, this is great
>>
>>59765634
I don't know, I thought buying a new GPU would maybe magically make up for the cpu bottleneck.
I could never get a decent oc on this garbage ivy meme bridge shit anyway.
If I buy a new CPU and mobo, I guess I might as well just get a whole new rig.
>>
Any good deals on 470/480?
>>
File: budget build.png (97KB, 1293x629px) Image search: [Google]
budget build.png
97KB, 1293x629px
I'm currently deciding whether to get g4560 now or wait for r3. The point is, I have the time to wait for the r3 later on and have the money for it, then maybe upgrade my gpu choice to 480, do I wait?

Disregard the prices on pic related btw, I'm not from the US
>>
>>59766561
In all likelihood, if you want to wait, the Raven Ridge APUs will be roughly twice as powerful as the G4560 CPU wise, and might have a GPU that's around as powerful as the RX460.

Whatever it is exactly, it'll almost surely be the new best ultra budget option. Cheaper than that, with a better CPU albeit a weaker GPU that'll require turning some settings down.

Your build there seems perfectly fine for today's shit. But if you were to simply wait for R3, I think you'd be spending probably $70-$85 more for not the hugest gain.
G4560 is still 4 threads. It's a lot better than the old G3220. The largest benefit with AMD really comes from how much better AMD's first attempt at SMT is than Intel's 10th generation. The core performance without SMT is generally a bit meh and I don't get why people are actually excite for the R3s.

>>59766519
470s doesn't look like it. But a good selection of GB 480s all in the $200-220 range instead of just one.

>>59766478
Just upgrade your CPU (and mobo and RAM, obviously) and get an SSD.
Your 290X should seriously still be fine. A 1070 would hardly even be a big upgrade.
You could see how Vega is. If it really ends up being 2x as powerful as the Fury, now that would be a big upgrade.
>>
>>59766561
That will add almost 200 dollars to your cost as it changes your mobo too, but if you can wait and have the money for it then why not, though you'll also need a PSU with 500w.

But to be completely honest with you, you should probably just buy that now and build it, you might have this dilemma once again when the r3 releases. At least the g4560 can let you upgrade to 7th gen iCores if you'll really have extra money in the future.
>>
>>59766751
~100 dollars not 200**
>>
>>59766751
Um what?
Why would he need a larger PSU for a CPU that's probably the same or less power draw?
And how would it add $200?

>At least the g4560 can let you upgrade to 7th gen iCores
... and an AM4 will allow upgrading to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, maybe higher generation 8 cores.

I posted >>59766746 thus I obviously don't disagree that he should maybe just build it now (unless wanting to go the full iGPU route and dropping the GPU cost with Raven Ridge), but none of your argument for why makes any sense.

>>59766776
>~100 dollars not 200**
Okay that makes more sense.
>>
>>59766746
It's a 290 non X. Already have an SSD.
I was thinking of going full retard and blow up my bank account with a 1080.
>>
>>59764658
Thanks for removing the shit pasta.

>>59766807
I would if you really do want a new GPU.
>>
>>59766746
>In all likelihood, if you want to wait, the Raven Ridge APUs will be roughly twice as powerful as the G4560 CPU wise, and might have a GPU that's around as powerful as the RX460.

APU = CPU? I'm sorry I don't know these.

>>59766751
>>59766776
If it's only a $100 for a CPU upgrade then it is fine. Thanks for the tip. Also why the larger wattage for PSU? Isn't Ryzen now on par with Intel when it comes to being energy efficient?
>>
>>59766105
>>59766835
ty.
I wanted to include not to consider any R7 but the 1700 unless money doesn't matter, and to not buy cheapshit ram in expensive builds, but oh well. That was the text limit.
>>
>>59764658
why aren't i5 worthwhile?
>>
>>59766867
Because Ryzen rapes them at that price point.
>>
>>59766845
APU is what AMD calls their CPU+GPU SoC.

In the past they were heavily out performing Intel, even while gimped by being on a 32nm or 28nm process.
They were absurdly good a few years ago for making <$350 builds that could play almost any game at 720p or 1080p, albeit with settings turned way down for the high end ones.

>>59766867
Only 4c/4t for too much money.
Stock speeds 6700k outperforms a 5Ghz overclocked 7700k on average whether in productivity workloads or gaming both.
Retards just thought 4c/4t == 4c/8t because they were looking at GPU bottlenecked benchmarks, so convinced other retards that they were the same thing too.

And notice how many people with like a 3770k or 4790k and shit don't feel they need an upgrade at all, and people with 4c/4t older Intel CPUs feel their games becoming stuttering messes and getting shit locking up when multitasking between programs.

Ryzen 5 are just plain better for the money except in some very rare edge cases in a small handful
>>
>>59766792
I was assuming he was going to use it for gaming so I suggested intel cpus instead, r3 won't really be that far ahead of the g4560 for game performance.

500w, less noise, less heat, and overclocking.
>>
So, what's up with this mATX meme lately? Why someone would want those shitty tiny boards?
>>
>>59766845
APU is basically a CPU and video card "hybrid", much more dedicated to the integrated graphics.
>>
>>59766949
Some people have limited space. Also AESTHETIC meme.
>>
>>59766941
>>59766955

I see, I've read that these APUs will be released in the same time as r3? Late 2017?

>>59766944
I don't think I'm overclocking as I don't know how to do it and I won't really notice the noises when playing so I guess 450w is fine? Or the heat would be a problem?
>>
It's a shame Ryzen is a piece of shit for gaymen, I thought the whole eight cores meme would make the whole thing a bit more futureproof and all.
I think I'll just get the 7700k, but paying nearly 400 eurobongs for a four cores cpu in 2017 just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>59766746
I think the R3 is exciting because you're potentially looking at a quite fast 4-core chip that will both cheap and energy efficient. Imagine getting 80-90% of 7600k performance at a fraction of the cost.

Personally my budget isn't that tight that it is necessary, but even I would consider it since in reality the most intensive computing I generally do is playing games that are already 5 years old.
>>
>>59766988
Pretty sure he's comparing the Pentium vs R3 and not your PSU mate. 450w is fine.
>>
>>59767002
It's exciting to me because we finally have a general purpose budget CPU with enough performance for people that don't play buggy mess indie games and TRIBBLE A games. Also that Intel has some reasonable competition because really fuck their business practices.
>>
>>59766949
Who uses all those PCIe?
mATX motherboards and cases are both cheaper.

Don't confuse it with mITX.

>>59766988
H2 2017. Don't know exactly. I think Q4 is most likely.
AMD has millions of dollars of orders to fill for laptops before they'll sell many to consumers, I bet.

>>59767002
>potentially looking at a quite fast 4-core chip
But not really..
Zen's big strength is how good its SMT is.
Comparing 4c/4t Zen (you can test that out disabling 4 cores and SMT on an 8 core), against an i5 isn't nearly as favorable as comparing 4c/8t zen to 4c/8t kabylake.
Zen's IPC effectively winds up being higher than Kabylake's if you count SMT as an IPC increase (which you should). But without it, obviously it's lower.

And at probably $120 for the cheapest R3.. why would you not just spend $50 more for the 1400? Or 1500X?
That sounds like almost 50% more money, but AMD's SMT gives up to a 70% performance increase. Not only that, but if you look at the total build cost it should be more like a 10% increase in total build cost for a huge performance increase.

I'd be more interested in a 3c/6t from raven ridge that has a disable iGPU and disabled core but SMT in tact for $90. Now that would be insane for super budget builds and better value and more worth getting than the G4560.
And so would a good APU be worth getting, since you wouldn't really need a GPU, at least not soon.
And unlike with the A6 and A8 APUs and shit, if those got too weak and you did add a dGPU... the CPU still sucked. Same won't be true of a single CCX 4c/8t Ryzen, especially if they dual graphics with Vega.
>>
>>59766949
Unless you need the expansion slots, there's no reason to go ATX/EATX.

In the old days everything needed an expansion slot - almost everyone had video cards, sound cards, modems or ethernet cards, etc. ATX became the standard because you needed all dem slots.

These days motherboards come standard with everything that 90% of people use, so most people only need one expansion slot for a GPU.

Combine this with the fact that cooling systems have become more sophisticated over the years it is easy to build a compact system that doesn't have heat issues.

Basically, why WOULDN'T you want a tiny board? I currently have a full tower and my next build will probably be mITX.
>>
serious question why is this general a thing? anyone who can't pick good components and build a PC using just youtube shouldn't be on /g/ to begin with
>>
>>59767085
It sounds like 50% more because it will be. You're right though, but for anyone but gaymers it's perfectly fine. Less heat and power than R5 too ofc.
>>
>>59767010
>>59767085
Okay, thank you /g/.
>>
>>59767128
t. scumbag
>>
>>59767128
>good components
>youtube

You mean components shilled by drones.
>>
>>59766933
>>59766941
didn't even know there were $200 ryzen chips
>>
>>59767138
No, look at the total build cost.

You have an $80 B350 board, $60 psu, $40 case, $150 gpu, and the $120 R3.
That's $450. That sounds right, for an R3 build.
Now you spend $50 more for a 1400 instead.
That's an 11% increase in build cost, not 50%. This is REALLY how you should be looking at things to get the best performance/$ within your budget.

That 11% increase is going to give you on average a 35% increase in performance at least. Probably more like 45%.

>>59767203
Why did you think they called the current ones Ryzen 7?
>>
>>59765162
Is the stock cooler on the 1600 same as in the 1700? I'm hoping to get the 1600 with a good motherboard for overclocking, but if I have to get a better cooler for OCing then I might not be able to get a very goog mb+good ram
>>
Which 1080 has the best aftermarket cooler?
>>
>>59767234
$40 case and $60 PSU in a budget build when I can get a Coolermaster RC-342 with PSU for like $30? Step up sempai.
>>
>>59767234
oh, so ryzen 5 is not even out?

yet people are already shilling for it?
>>
>>59767424
It will be released publicly in five days.
>>
>>59767424
But he's talking about Ryzen 3? Ryzen 5's not out but it's pretty much in the bag, at the very least totally worth waiting to see.
>>
So just to be clear for RYZEN, after looking things up these are the confirmed memory OC speeds from AMD as of now, with BIOS update
>2667mhz - single, 2 slots
>2400mhz - dual, 2 slots
>2133mhz - single, 4 slots
>1866mhz - dual, 4 slots
>So I should stick to these and be safe, right, until they address more speed compatibilities in May.
Real sorry for my shit, my first time OCing anything so of course I'm a bit paranoid.
>>
Do you guys think the Evga Gq Gold 650w 80 Plus is enough for Radeon Crossfire? And what about the new radeon cards?
>>
>>59767334
Someone else will have to confirm but i'm pretty sure the 1600 has the 65w spire cooler and the 1700 has the bigger 95w one.
>>
>>59767424
It's the same silicon, so it's easy to infer/simulate what results are.
And some people got 1400s and 1600s earlier than release date.

Comparisons of i5-7400 to R5 1400 show that the 1400 is at least 35% more powerful on average, as expected, and for less money and a better cooler included.
Though I wouldn't recommend that. There are edge cases where having only 4Mb per L3 cache in some games seems to hurt it. The 1500X looks a lot better, and comes with a better cooler anyway.

>>59767491
Those are officially supported speeds.
Just like Kabylake officially supports 2400mhz max.
Anything more is an overclock.

No, you don't need to drop down to those to be "safe". Doesn't your motherboard have an automatic memory overclocking thing? Like XMP or A-XMP or whatever they're calling it.
>my first time OCing anything so of course I'm a bit paranoid.
You aren't going to blow up your PC by overclocking RAM. Worst that happens is that it's not stable and crashes and you try again.
Or can it not POST if you fuck up so badly? I guess that could be the case, and would suck without dual BIOS or a BIOS reset switch.

>>59767515
Is it only 65w? Shit. I thought it just didn't have the LEDs. The 1400 is rated at 65w TDP yet its cooler is smaller.
>>
>>59767508
Pretty much useless question if you don't explain what cards you're looking at.
>>
>>59767508
>Do you guys think the Evga Gq Gold 650w 80 Plus is enough for Radeon Crossfire
The fuck does this mean?
2 RX460s? (lol)
2 RX480s?
2 Fury X?
The cards have different power consumptions, obviously. Don't be a tard and give more information
>>
>>59767551
Not certain so don't take my word for it but there's definitely a 65w and 95w version and I know the 1700 has the 95w one.
>>
>bought a brand new system
>shipping date postponed three times
>today it should be send
>it doesn't. I called them
>yeah we will send it tomorrow. it will arrive monday/tuesday

I hate this fucking country so much.
>>
>>59767626
I'm pretty sure the 65w TDP one is on the 1400.
And I'm pretty sure the 1500X and 1600 get nearly the same cooler as the 1700 except no LEDs.

>>59767641
Why do ppl live in shitty countries?
just fucking leave
>>
Mini-ITX boards for AM4 - FUCKING WHEN, M8?
>>
Me very retard here. I'm somewhat struggling to buy a PSU. I say somewhat because I've already decided on my model, the EVGA G3 550W.

The problem the cables provided with the PSU. Is it necessary to buy myself a sleeved cable kit, or should I stop being a faggot and just use the stock cables.
I should note that my PC doesn't have a side window. I was just wondering if it would be easier to route the cables and such with the sleeved cable kit.
>>
>>59767551
It does, but I think it's only for supported memory. I don't think I saw the vengeance lpx 3000 on their supported list (the 3200 is on there however).
I tried the a-xmp auto settings, speed automatically set to 2933 and it wouldn't Post I think. It went to an on-off loop, reset the power and was notified that the OC failed. I tried again, but manually set the speed to 2667 and it just works™
>>
1600 or 1500X in budget conscious gaming build for 1080p, and what should I be basing my decision on here?
>>
>>59767839
>should I stop being a faggot and just use the stock cables
Yes. The cables with the G3 are absolutely fine. Use them, save yourself some money, and stop being a sperg.
>>
>>59767839
cablemod is nice.
It's not something you must do now. You can use the stock cables now and change them later.

>>59767869
That sucks. Just wait for next BIOS update and try again, and stick to 2667 until then.

>>59767880
>what should I be basing my decision on here
Whether you want to manually OC or not, and that you may potentially need a better cooler than stock for the 1600 to reach the 3.9ghz or higher than the 1500X does stock.

They're both good. I'm really not sure which to recommend. I guess for pure gaming, may as well go 1500X. But the 1600 obviously has the potential for a simply put 50% increase in power yet the CPU itself is only 15% more.
>>
>>59767899
>>59767925
Alright, thanks.
>>
File: crystalball.png (489KB, 1546x1026px) Image search: [Google]
crystalball.png
489KB, 1546x1026px
>>59767714
Late May early June.
>>
I just bought a i5 6600k and a Acer XF240H bmjdpr 24-inch, is this enough for me to run the 144hz meme on my rx 480?
>>
>>59767925
>Whether you want to manually OC or not
Comfortable overclocking, but don't know shit about the specifics of doing so on Ryzen and the feasability of doing it on a cheap-ish B350 board. Hmm.

>may potentially need a better cooler than stock for the 1600
Any recommendations for a decent cooler that'll fit AM4 out of the box? I see a lot of the go-to choices are going to involve ordering fixtures and waiting for them to get mailed out. I know I could get by on the stock cooler for a while but to be honest I'd like to just put the system together and forget about it.
>>
>>59768002
You're officially a cuck, and what games are you talking about?
>>
>>59768010
Should add that I've already got some decent G.Skill TridentZ RAM sitting here so it would need something that'll comfortably clear 44mm RAM chips.
>>
>>59768002
>i5 6600K
>April 2017
I hope you got a good deal on that, senpai. And it's going to depend on what games you're aiming to play.
>>
>>59768027
Siege, GTA, DOOM, and [spoiler] Skull girls[/spoiler]
>>
Just got an RM650x, now there's a dangling PCIe cable in my case.
>Custom cables vs SLI
Which one is the less autistic solution? A second GPU might be more expensive than cable mod, but I certainly have the space, extra watts and could use the extra power once I upgrade to a higher resolution screen.

I hate this.
>>
>>59768108
Nope.
>>
>>59768115
The less autistic solution is not caring about cables inside your PC.
>>
>>59768108
Idk. I know the R5 1600 OC is pretty good for 144 in Siege but it looks like you're going to get the typical stuttering mess you get with a 4c/4t and drop well, well below 144 in that game.
So grats on buying into the overpriced 4c/4t meme. You should return it now that you learned your lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUNAEPcqBJc lmao it's fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1491302868638.png (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491302868638.png
141KB, 250x250px
>>59768002
>>59768108
>>
>>59768069
I got it for 130$ from a local shop going out of business, the monitor I got a little cheaper because of Prime, should i have gotten a different processor?
>>
File: 61235012_p0.png (644KB, 675x1050px) Image search: [Google]
61235012_p0.png
644KB, 675x1050px
there is ANY fucking way to buy crap from USA to the shitty europe?

I just don't want to pay 250 bucks for a fucking rx470
>>
>>59768174
You're not going to get close to consistent 144 in Seige, DOOM or GTA. You should have gotten a different processor and at least a Fury/1070. At least it was cheap desu.
>>
You think a Corsair CX750 is fine for a 6700k + 390x setup?
I dont plan to go super crazy on the overclocking since I wont likely need to at all, but if I do need to crank it up a little in the long-run, you think I got plenty of juice?
>>
>>59768002
>>59768108
>>59768157
Even if your 4c/4t can average 100fps or some shit, or even 144, 4c/8t tends to be the minimum needs for consistency to keep from locking up some times and dropping down under 60fps as a practically guarantee on current games.

>>59768174
>I got it for 130$
Oh shit that's good then. Sell that ASAP before the value drops and you can probably pay for a 1600 or 1600X build.
I think you can probably get close to $200.

>>59768189
>there is ANY fucking way to buy crap from USA
ya move to the USA.
idk did you google it? It's an interesting question. Let us know.
With how big the price difference is sometimes, the import fees may be less.

>>59768205
RX480 is fine for 144fps in a lot of games if it is one you can overvolt enough for 1400-1500mhz overclock. That gets you roughly R9 Fury performance at those clocks.

But it looks like we're getting 1450-1500mhz stock boost RX580s that will do that gauranteed out of the box in less than 2 weeks, so...
>>
>>59768231
A 550w would be fine unless you're overclocking the 6700k enough for it to use like 200 watts. Then 620-650 instead.
>>
>>59768151
I don't usually care about the cables all that much, but I spent all that money on a modular PSU to clean it up and it's perfectly clean except for that one cable sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>59768246
Sweet. I already have the PSU
My brother gave to me because he got a 1000w builders one so he could crossfire some 290xs.
(A little foolhardy I argue, since single card setups are still optimum, price performance wise)

Im waiting to see what AMD do with the X series of their high end GPUs. Might even save for that 1080ti overkill next year.
You still think 750w would be plenty for that? Just trying to think ahead honestly.
>>
>>59768301
Even the x2 RX Vega is only supposed to be like 300watt TDP.
So maybe 350-375w power consumption at most.

The single GPU ones should be in the range of 160w TDP for the new Nano, and up to 220w TDP.
>>
>>59768189
Nah, you must pay taxes in top of shipping, sharia schools don't pay themselves
>>
>>59768233
Should i wait for the Ryzen 5
then?
>>
>>59764658
I need to buy a new CPU, i currently have a FX 6300 and i want to play dwarf fortress, emulators and current games. Is the i5-7600k good enough?
>>
>>59768233
It may be fine in a lot of games, but not any of the ones I listed.
>>
>>59768593
Can you lurk more? Read the fucking OP if you want help.
>>
>>59768593
You'd get the same for less just getting an i3-7350k or G4560 even.
But then you said "current games" too.
This is one of those cases where compromise makes both sides shitty. Do you need more than 60fps? If not then the 7600k would do your emulation well plus gaming better than the i3 or g4560.

You should really just makes two machines. One purely for emulators and the other for current games.
You could do both with the 7700k, though.
>>
>>59768654
Not going to buy an i3 neither gonna waste my time with AMD, i learned my lesson 3 years ago. so it's either i5 or a cheap i7 (i'm on a budget)
>>
>>59768662
how about the i7-7700?
>>
>>59768685
So you're happy to make assumptions about new hardware based on past experiences with a company, instead of solid facts? Maybe you should just consider suicide instead friendo. Save everyone time.
>>
>>59768685
>7700 when Ryzen exists and youre on a budget
>i5 in 2017
If you're dead set on Intel then the i7 is probably the one to go for, but you're a cuck.
>>
>>59768685
Not going to waste my time with your retarded question then.
>>
File: 51rdJo6WqmL.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51rdJo6WqmL.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Hi my video card died and I want to replace it with a 1060 but I am a retard and don't know if I should get a single fan or dual fan one.

Please help.
>>
>>59768742
Just get a 6700k with a locked motherboard and cheapish cooler.
Its stock clocks are higher and it's around the same $310 ish price usually. Stock clocks are what matter since you're not going to OC. That is your best cheap option for one.

Though I wonder how many here play Dwarf Fortress and anyone has played it on Ryzen and knows how it does on a really heavy save. I can't imagine it's noticeably much worse.
Cemu seems to be pretty fine on Ryzen.
Really emulators SHOULD run better on Ryzen, if only they compiled for 4 complex instructions for cycle. Just like how OpenGL software emulation runs at almost 50% higher single thread IPC on Ryzen compared to Kabylake.
>>
>>59764658
>i5 aren't worthwhile. No exceptions. Get Ryzen 5 or drop down to G4560

holy fucking shilling, Ryzen 5 isn't even out yet or has been tested
>>
>>59769231
>Ryzen 5 isn't even out yet or has been tested
Not true.
Since you can't google but can spend the time to post a comment making yourself looking retarded under anonymity, you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>59769295
until its actually out and I can see user reviews I'm not going to trust these bullshitter reviewers.

AMD is a piss poor track record for CPU's, just wait until they die in 6 months
>>
File: 1363744915996.png (434KB, 533x527px) Image search: [Google]
1363744915996.png
434KB, 533x527px
>>59769329
>calls other people shills
>when pentium, i3 and i7 are being suggested
>won't buy anything but intel for illogical reasons
You're literally projecting.
>>
>>59768823
dual or triple
>>
Any opinions on asus p8h61-i r2.0 BIOS and other possible milestones? It's asus, but it's the only available mini-itx mobo for 2600k, so idk if it's worth or should i just give up on getting mini-itx case?
>>
>>59769501
Do you have a problem with Asus? They're probably the best mITX manufacturer from that period.
>>
>>59769329
Any other genius comments?
I have a suggestion for you, if you'd like to look even more retarded. Say something like:
>Everyone needs to wait. We have no idea what the 7740K performance is going to look like.
>There's absolutely no way to infer it based on a similar architecture and its clock speed.
>WAIT FOR BENCHMARKS.
>>
>>59769501
You can't overclock on H61 but that'd be housefire risk on a 2600k in mini-itx anyway. It's fine apart from that just remember to update your BIOS.
>>
>>59769523
I don't think it gets more retarded than accusing other people of being AMD shills as a defense to the fact that you'll only but Intel products.
>>
File: IMG-20170402-WA0006.jpg (420KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170402-WA0006.jpg
420KB, 1024x680px
Rate my Ryzen 1700

1700 @ 3.8 Ghz
16GB corsair RAM
R9 270 2GB
MSI B350M Mortar
Fractal Design Mini C
>>
>>59769521
Everyone bitching about their BIOSes apart from that nothing
>>59769552
I don't need to overclock

Well i guess i'm getting that mobo then, thx.
>>
About to preorder r5 1600, which one of these are better budget mobo for it or do I need x370? I am really poor and been saving for 4 months now

1. Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 140€
2. MSI B350 TOMAHAWK 140€
3. AsRock AB350 Pro4 130€
>>
>>59769585
>270
>1700

I'd rate but I don't think your gonna like it my dude.
>>
>>59769585
Please tell me you're waiting for Vega or something.
>>
>>59769608
Don't pre-order unless you're really desperate. Wait for best price. Those boards are fine for R5 unless you're some sort of turbo nerd overclocker. I'd get the Gigabyte going purely from the brands.
>>
>>59769608
I think the Gaming 3 has dual BIOS.

ASRock are generally solid and has good UEFI.

Tomahawk I've heard a lot of problems are. Don't the sites list negative reviews on it? Would get a Mortar instead for the good audio.

Up to you to chose which. Look at the features and shit. Most of them are good boards.
>>
Why do I see no one bring up this bad boy?
>single slot
>blue as fuck
>HDR capable
>Polaris 10
>>
>>59769623
>>59769612
I'm waiting for Vega yes, in the mean time I lend a 980 from my uncle who still had one lying around for one of his Mac pro.
>>
>>59769642
>>59769644
Yeah it's hard to choose. I'll look more reviews

thanks
>>
>>59769675
name a card that isn't single slot
>>
>>59768823

I would like to know the difference between these also. They look like the same card to me. So does having one or two fans matter? Would two fans run quieter?

x1 fan
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Superclocked Gaming 6 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI Express 3 Graphics Card - Black

or the two fan:
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 WF2 6GB GDDR5 PCI-E
>>
File: 1343558422148.jpg (9KB, 136x148px) Image search: [Google]
1343558422148.jpg
9KB, 136x148px
>>59769675
Because no one on /g/ does real work and gaming on a workstation card is totally retarded.
>>
What's up /pcbg/. I'm building a PC for a client's son. He wants to upgrade from the sub $500 budget box I built him 4 years ago. That said, I've decided on a 1070 and r5-1500X combo. Looking at the 1500X, it's literally the R7 series of chips with CCX's and modules turned off. Full L3 cache as it's 1800X counterpart. The plan was originally to get him an 8 thread i7, but the $190 price tag on the R5 is appealing.

For gaming purposes mainly (and maybe light video recording/editing the son may do), is the 1500X the best bang for buck? Or should I just spring for the $250 r5-1600X. Same everything once again, just 12 threads, and stock 4.0ghz boost out of the box. The 1600X is still cheaper than the 7700k we had planned originally so either way it's a win.

Budget isn't stupid tight, just don't want to spend money where it's not needed. Looking at unofficial benches of the 1500/1600X, they perform the same as the 1800X and 7700k in 90% of games and if not, within 5 frames.
>>
>>59769777
It will be as quiet as the speed you run the fans at. Two fans will obviously move more air than one so they won't have to spin as fast. A larger fan will move more air than a smaller one so it won't have to spin as fast. You're better off looking for benchmarks that measure noise if you are that concerned about it.
>>
>>59768823
>>59769777
That card is as small as it is to accommodate mItx cases. The 1060 is a relatively cool running card as is. A single fan card may be louder overall than a dual or triple simply because that 1 fan will have to spin faster (louder) to have the same cooling effectiveness as the duals and triples. If your case dimensions aren't an issue and you're not looking to squeeze a card into a tiny case, just get the gigabyte one.
>>
>>59769784
1600x is usually better performance/price but YMMV. Obviously the best budget option is to get the non-X version and OC yourself but your wife's son may fuck that up. If it's for 1080/60 the 1500x will be fine.
>>
>>59769781
>gaming on a workstation card is totally retarded.
>gaming on a workstation card
>gaming on any card
kek, it's like y'all niggas don't even do 10-bit color rendering on y'all 10-bit capable monitors
>>
>>59769888
kek it's like that was the point of my post.
>>
>>59769851
Yea it's for 1080/60 at the moment but that may change. For all I know the kid is saving all his pennies to buy a 1440p panel. I'm leaning towards the 1600X. 12 4.0ghz threads with a killer stock cooler. And for the money I'm saving compared to the i7-7700k, I could get a motherboard for it and still come in under the base price of that i7.

Microcenter is also giving $30 off any compatible motherboard if you buy the CPU/Mobo together. For Ryzen, what are the main difference between B350/X370 chipset? To me it's simply looking as to how stout the motherboard is in regards to VRM and phases. As well as less SATA ports, only 1 m.2, not 2, etc. Since the 1600X is pretty much clocked as high as realistically possible out of the box, would a B350 board suffice?
>>
>>59769907
So you don't re-encode your Chinese cartoons to H.265 in full 10-bit color?
>>
>>59769924
B350 would be totally fine for what you're describing. Focus on getting decent 3000/3200 memory if anything.
>>
>>59769992
Yea I was looking at various ram kits. Gonna ask around to see what kits are the defacto standard for Ryzen as Ryzen seems very fucking picky about ram. Is there support for ddr4-3600mhz ram kits yet? At microcenter, there is like a $5 difference to go from 3200mhz to 3600mhz. I mean if it refused to boot or run stable, I could always manually clock the ram to 3200mhz.

And it seems the Asus Ryzen boards are getting terrible reviews while the asrock ones are really pulling ahead. Any particular reason as to why? I've been on Asus boards since forever, as far back as Phenom 2 days and never had an issue. Maybe those reviews are from when the board first launched, pre BIOS patches being released?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-06-13-24-27.png (418KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-06-13-24-27.png
418KB, 1440x2560px
>>59770063
Oh and here's the motherboard I was considering. $90 brand new, but Microcenter is offering an even high combo discount than anticipated. $50 off with bundle deal so I'd get the board for $40. Has dual m.2 slots as well. The Ryzen 1700 was only added to cart to see if there was a bundle deal.
>>
>>59770063
You can definitely get 3200 kits much cheaper but if you're set on Microcentre for whatever reason, i'd still go with the 3200 personally just because I'm already dubious about cheap RAM at that speed.

No idea about the boards sorry. Where have you seen these terrible reviews? I also prefer ASUS or GB boards but AsRock is usually OK too.
>>
>>59770198
Most of the reviews are older now that I look, and all from Microcenter. I live 10 minutes away so I'd rather just go through them than deal with shipping etc.
>>
>>59770147
>Has dual m.2 slots as well
Enjoy half your lanes being taken away from your GPU. Fucking ASSCock
>>
>>59769831

Makes sense. Thanks for the nice clear answer.
>>
Hey guys, I was wondering how much a 1070 would get bottlenecked by a meh cpu like a amd fx 8320?

would it be less of a problem than going with a i7 7700 with a 480? I'm kinda going back and forth here.
>>
>>59770626
Yes it will. Wait for Ryzen 5 and get a 1070.
>>
>>59770225
>lanes being taken away from your GPU
That's not how that works, is it?
>>
How is the sound for the Ryzen stock fan? I currently got a 212 EVO cooler that replaced my old 8320 stock fan (the loudest fucking fan I ever had) and just bought a 1700. I like the aesthetic of the stock fan, but if it's anything like the last one, I'll just stick with my 212.
>>
>>59770814
This is actually a thing yes but it's not a problem on that board.
>>
>>59770904
Ryzen stock cooler for 1600 and up is really good. 1700 can be overclocked on stock cooler.
>>
>>59770814
It is, sadly. ASSCock has been doing this shit since their Z97 Extreme6 motherboards. They take x4 lanes from the CPU for their M.2 slots. Z170 and Z270 don't have it as bad since their lanes comes from their PCH, but AM4 only has PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU. There is a dedicated x4 lanes for the M.3 from the SoC, but fitting a second one in means taking another x4 lanes from somewhere.

>>59770907
It still is a problem for that board. Read the board's specification carefully.
>>
Wha is the best B350 motherboard for overclocking RAM and a 1700? Is B350 a meme and should I just get a X370 board?
>>
>>59764658
I want a new computer I don't know where to begin though.
I have a midtower NZXT case.
1155 I5 Intel with an Asus motherboard which may be going bad.
970 graphics card
8gbs of ram, H80 cooler, 2 ssd and 2 had.

Where I begin? I don't need a new one but I think my motherboard may be getting old but idk
>>
>>59770814
>>59770934
You're not wrong, but from what I can tell it wouldn't effect the video card, just disables the x4 lanes. The second M2 also shares with some of the SATA3 lanes apparently, so one will be disabled if you use the other.
>>
Im gunna have a ryzen 7 1700x and im looking at a 1060 for my gpu. The 3gb one is in budget and allows me to afford a solid amount of ssd. Is the 6gb really needed?

Mainly play overwatch but id like to play total war warhammer too.
>>
>>59771252
Why do you want a new computer?
If you're just being autistic, sell your current setup and buy new. You will not struggle to find a retard who will pay 80% retail price for your current PC, just have patience. Otherwise explain what you want out of an upgrade.
>>
>>59771428
Yes it is. If you want to save money, get an 8GB 480.
>>
>>59771455
I've thought about selling it all and that's the thing I don't need a new one.
My computer is fine only thing I think about is maybe I should upgrade soon, the idea always comes up more when my friend buys the latest graphics card or some shit because he is autistic about frames.
>>
What's the best full-spec NVMe M.2 out there?
>>
File: 1364610471863.gif (1MB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
1364610471863.gif
1MB, 288x345px
>>59771675
Consumerist itch is a bitch. Do what you want but don't expect positive advice if you waste money upgrading a perfectly good PC for no reason. It's always better to upgrade later.
>>
>>59771775
>he fell for MEMe M.2
>>
File: Comfy.png (101KB, 422x309px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.png
101KB, 422x309px
Just ordered a Ryzen 1700, DDR4 Mobo/Ram, and a PSU. All I need now is for a 1080ti (preferrably EVGA FTW, Strix looks super bulky) and maybe some LED strips/colored PSU cables to make it prettier and I officially have reached my PC build endgame. Feels good honestly.
>>
What 1080 is generally considered the best? I have about $600 for one.

Not sure if the ti would be worth it either.
>>
>>59765366
>what is noise
He'd probably be able to run that noctua without fans in that case
>>
>>59771517
I thought 480 8 gb and 1060 6gb were relatively equal in quality tho.
>>
>>59771977
ASUS, EVGA, i'd avoid MSI or Zotac. Get whatever you can get the best deal on desu.
>>
>>59772072
Yeah they are, that's why I said get the 480 if you want to save money. It's usually at least $20 cheaper with a better cooler and often on sale.
>>
>>59772086
Do the EVGA ones not explode these days? I kind of dislike their FTW look even though the Asus strix has that RoG branding on it.

And since affordable aftermarket 1080ti under 750 won't be available for at least 2 months, I wanted to go for the 1080 and save the rest to get 16gb of ram for upgrade my 6600k.
>>
How much worse would Ryzen performance be with slow ram? I already have 32GB of 2400mhz ram in my Skylake build. Looking to move from 6700k to the 1800X. Microcenter has a deal going on now. Looking at a brand new Asus ROG crosshair board for $135 new after bundle deal.
>>
>upgrade my GPU from 9 years ago finally
>my shitfest of a soundcard, Xonar DGX starts shooting static into the microphone and headphones when the GPU gets even a bit of usage.
>don't want to go ham with tinfoil or ERS because of how fucking close the thing is to everything else
FUCK
>>
>>59772225
>he uses a soundcard
>>
>>59769329
>AMD
>die

Look at this retard and laugh, AMD is gaining steam in every sector while Intel keeps thinking they're untouchable.
>>
I'm looking to get another video card, either a gtx 770 or r9 380. Is it worth the money to get the 4gb cards or save some money with the 2gb card? The only games I play are ts4, overwatch, and warband(with graphic heavy mods) and possibly bannerlord in the future.
>>
>>59772250
Can we get an over/under on when Intel pulls out of the 'enthusiast' CPU market entirely? Because it's coming.
>>
>>59772246
Onboard got fried years ago, needed something to replace my microphone and I got the soundcard for 10 bux

Also a good requirement for when I get a server board :^)
>>59772266
What's your price range?
>>
>>59772371
Bout $100-130 is where I'd like to spend.
>>
So what are you guys using for speaker setups?
I'm currently using a wall mounted sound bar in my room and output my PC audio via a optical cable and its ok, (though the sub tends to flip out occasionally till I reset it), but my new motherboard supports 7.1 surround audio.
7.1 setups are pretty expensive though.
>>
>>59771822
Gotcha man that is for the advice, I think the only thing I really need is to do a is refresh.
My friend though constantly buys this shit, he was running two 980s sli's. Is all up about 4k to the point of maybe buying an Xbox at one moment. He bought the newest nvidia card the other day for about$650.
>>
>>59772398
That's around what used GTX 970s go for nowadays, check local websites?
>>
>>59772427
With your setup, just replace your MOBO or RMA it if still under warranty, and go to 16gb of ram. Unless you're doing 1440p your GPU should be okay for the next year or two when the 1100 series comes out.

Just sit on that money for now if you feel like you want a better GPU but for no reason.
>>
How tacky is my router?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d7TvCy
>>
>>59772482
Alright then
>>
>>59772183
Get Gigabyte then.

>>59772300
Don't be delusional.

>>59772421
Surround sound is pointless unless you've got a proper room setup for it and watch a lot of blockbuster movies. Get decent stereo bookshelves and a second hand receiver or a china amp or spend out the ass. Personally I'm using a Cambridge amp and Paradigm Monitor 7s I got at auction for $900 and it's one of the best purchases i've ever made as a music fag.
>>
>>59772499
Please tell me this is bait dude.

>>59772489
That is terrible advice. Please don't buy more DDR3 memory.
>>
Y'all ever buy anything from SuperBiiz?
>>
File: 760vs950.jpg (236KB, 453x511px) Image search: [Google]
760vs950.jpg
236KB, 453x511px
Which of these cards would be better for gaming at a smaller resolution (below 1080p)?

GTX 760 or GTX 950?
>>
>>59772606
Oh, I misread and thought he said 1151. Yeah, he should probably replace it if going bad, but it's a financial pain to replace a MOBO, CPU and RAM.
>>
>>59772606
Why not? I'm running an IPS and HAVP on it, so I need a fast processor to server 15 users. The M.2 SSD is so I don't have to clutter the case with SATA and power cables and for my squid webcache.
>>
>>59772628
Can't say I have experience with networking like that but an embedded system would surely be fast enough regardless. But if you're worried about "cluttering the case" with cables I guess you have some serious autism anyway which explains that ridiculous build.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GwMJ2R

Ryzen build I am thinking about doing next month or so.

I already have a nice build but I want to try a ryzen build and just sell it if I don't like it.
>>
>>59765087
>I'd suggest the 1500X, but I hear H1Z1 and Unknown's Battlegrounds are unoptimized messes that run like shit even on a 7700k.

This is very true. 6700K and 1080 Ti and yet I still go down to 50 fps on fucking all low settings @ 1080p.
>>
>>59765612
I have a bunch of retail games I saved and old roms on dvd and cd from years ago also anime dvd's because I am a gay. Is it a bad drive? I havent had one in Years and years.
>>59765428
>Is there some autistically specific requirement of needing an FM2 APU and low end 8 year old AMD GPU?
crt_emudriver and atom_15 work best on radeon hd cards, 2D era emulation is all done on cpu so gpu power is irrelevant. Apoo can do the job and
>it will be fun to play with overclocking cpu, gpu. igp, ram and using hybrid stutterfire.

You are trying to build me a useful pc, I already have 2 of those. I respect your criticism though, I did consider building an ultimate with a 7350k but my i7 smashes all emus anyways so it was kinda pointless. I just want fun hardware hooked to my old dell monitor for shits and giggles+g making fun of me in speccy threads as I pretend it's my main and fake being defensive over it
>>59765464
>A12-9800k
is this the new zen apu or carrizo+zen igpu I saw on the roadmap?

>>59765467
Just sold a ivy i5, 390, z68 and ddr3. piece it out, ebay prices are still high for ram and mobo, 3570k still fetch a decent price as well, re use the rest of the build.
this anon has it >>59765598
>you could get an R5 1600 and get an additional 2 cores and 8 threads
ftfy
buy 1600
buy the rest
be happy

>>59765598
>The CPU is the weakest point
an ivy 5 will still do fine, sold mine to a friend who is using it right now.

>>59766478
>I could never get a decent oc on this garbage ivy meme bridge shit anyway.

Sounds like you got a bad chip or just suck, you can run 4ghz+ on locked ivy 5s.
>>
>>59772781
I was getting 50fps with everything maxed on PUBG and I have 2 AMD RX 480's and a 7700k.
>>
>>59764658
Sup guys.
Does anus prime x370 pro support 3200 mhz ram at full speed yet? Is it going to? What AM4 motherboard should i pick to use all 3200mhz of my ram at max?
>>
>>59772850
>is this the new zen apu or carrizo+zen igpu I saw on the roadmap?
No, it's Carrizo on AM4
>>
>>59772489
Yeah my monitor is a 1440p and when you say RMA what do you mean?
Should I look at a motherboard that fits my CPU chip or upgrade that and my RAM?
>>
File: IMG_2281.jpg (464KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2281.jpg
464KB, 2048x1367px
Need to build a budget gaming pc.
>Budget is 600$
>Want to be able to play any new game on high setting with an average frame rate of around 60 fps
Can someone send me a pcpartlist or give reccomendations within this budget?
>>
>>59773143
>PCI-E x1 is always right below the first x16
I fucking hate this design
also at 600$ you're going to have to run for second hand parts if you want to game on newer games at 60 fps.
>>
>>59764658
Love my SRM but damn my P2 and an ODD will not fit. I need me optic drive because I like buying CDs okay?!
>>
>>59772917
>>59772917
>>59772917
>>59772917

NEW THREAD
>>
>>59772626
rx 470
>>
>>59773143
My heart-felt recommendation is to continue to save money until you can afford a solid pc. Spending $600 on new components is essentially going to be wasting $600 on components that will be incapable of running AAA titles in just a year or two.

At $600, you are half way to a good pc and one-third of the way to a beast that will last you for many years.

$1200
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/88Ltqk

$1700
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZGb4m8
>>
>>59768252
So spend an extra $300 on a GPU because of one lone cable end?
>>
File: 1st try.png (84KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1st try.png
84KB, 1440x900px
1st time builder. UK. to play H1Z1, rainbow six siege, in 1080p.

Main concerns are:
Will that cooler be adequate?
Will 650w psu be adequate? (pcpartpicker est. 315w)
>>
>>59773260
I want to get a pretty decent computer now, and then save up to get a new gpu and cpu in the future.
>>
>>59773325
>1st time builder
Installing the CM cooler might be difficult. A cryorig, scythe, artic cooler, or noctua will be easier to install.
>>
>>59773325
650 will be fine. Rarely need more than that unless you're SLI

My first build was with that cooler. It was a bit fiddly but no problem overall.
>>
>>59769784
Why do people pay people who post on /g/ to put components in slots for them? I just don't get it.
>>
Whats the best cpu you can get for around 150$?
>>
>>59773578
>>59773713

Thanks
>>
>>59774027
1600x is slated for that price range, correct?

I'd wait for that honestly
>>
>>59774090
No, the 1400 is $169 though.
>>
>>59774111
Oh yeah my bad I was thinking of that one

Thank you trips of truth
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c6dNTH
Got some parts either for Christmas or had laying around. Ended up spending ~$850. The CPU came with a stock fan because the seller sent one with it. It runs every game I own on ultra settings @1920x1080 at 60 fps minimum. (Can't test higher than that because everything limits it to my monitor refresh rate.)
>>
last minute check b4 im ordering:

>CPU
Ryzen 1600
>Mobo
Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
>Ram
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3000C1
>GPU
GTX 1060 aero itx 6b oc
>PSU
Seasonic M12II Evo 520W
>Case
Cooler Master N200 Closed
>Storage
WD Blue 1TB
>Monitor
Idk yet 21:9 or 144hz

What should i change? I like to play competitive games, but im also open for anything. besides gaming i do lots of streaming/video editing/recording.

Budget is 1000 euro withouth the gpu cost.

thanks
>>
What is the BEST possible build for under 650$? Need something that will perform better than a ps4 pro in 1080p.
>>
with an i7-7700k, should I get the 1060 6gb or the 480 8gb (is it even still worth it?)
>>
>>59774425
some youtube guy made one, called it the potato masher pro if I remember correctly.
>>
>>59774445
There is very little difference between the rx-480 8gb and 4gb. The 4gb plays all of my games wonderfully at 1920x1080
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n2sxWX
What do you guys think?
>>
>>59774787
Maybe squeeze out thirty more bucks for an i-5 6600k?
>>
>>59774425
1155 board, Xeon E3 1270v2 16gb dirt cheap ecc ram, rx 580/8. 4/8 and a decent gpu, prob do 1440p 60fps okay and do it for under 500.

fite me.
>>
>>59774787
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n2sxWX
go with a r5 if you're on a budget, we're finally at that cusp where HT and moar coars matter. You're seeing older i7 leapfrog new 5s in threaded titles.
>>
I want to get into PC building, but I'm not sure if I should stick with my HP Compaq 6005 and slowly upgrade or start from scratch. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59774445
>babby lake
its shit
>>
>>59774787
>1050ti
Unless you've got an EXTREMELY compelling reason to go with nvidia you should make that an rx470.
>>
I want a high end pc. Is Titan Xp with Skylake X the best intel has to offer in the recent future?
>>
>>59772626
If you are forced to pick between those two, with no other options at all, I would pick the GX950 just because it is the newer card. But if you are buying second hand, you are better off buying a GTX970 or RX480.
>>
Purchasing this soon, any reccomendations for a better price to performace?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6KpxCy
>>
New thread for budget stuff
>>59775286
>>
File: perfdollar_1920_1080.png (27KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
perfdollar_1920_1080.png
27KB, 500x690px
>>59764658
This OP is filled with misconceptions and generally stupid admonishments. ("Use common sense and put effort into your queries." Really, no shit? Thanks, never thought about that.)

====

First, you need example builds. Logical Increments was born from /g/ and as such deserves historical reference and furthermore has not outlived its usefulness. It's not flawless (more emphasis on increments than logic), but it at least provides a basic overview of available hardware at a glance.

My own pcpartpicker link is probably outdated, but it serves as a useful repository of example gaming builds.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

====

The pastebin is extremely out of date. Almost worthless to include it at this point. No mention of modern chipsets for ether Intel or AMD CPUs.

====

The CPU section lacks a note that the G4560 will sometimes cause stuttering when paired with the RX470 or 480.
Ryzen 5 should only be approved for gaming with proper benchmarks.

====

R9 Fury is not a worthwhile gfx card. NO ONE IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY THAT CARD. Quit fucking recommending it.

Additionally, there's nothing wrong with the mid range offerings from either AMD or Nvidia. The RX470, 480, and both versions of the GTX1060 are all good cards, each with its own caveats.

The GTX1050 is a great card for a budget build, particularly paired with the G4560. The note about the "budget builds" (third green text line) is infuriatingly stupid. In fact, the GTX1050 is just below the RX470 with regard to price/performance. Pic related.

====

As a final note, I'll be back to start OPs with example AMD builds after Ryzen 5 is released and reviewed.
>>
>>59776389
>The CPU section lacks a note that the G4560 will sometimes cause stuttering when paired with the RX470 or 480.
Should I risk pairing a g4560 and rx 70?
>>
I want a good gaming pc but I'm on a budget. Tell me any way I can save more money.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mice960/saved/HzCVnQ
Ps: I have a 650watt PSU
>>
>>59770904
It's only lesser than the 212 Evo because the fan doesn't spin as high and doesn't get as noisy.
>>
>>59771195
Apparently ASUS Prime since it's 10 phase.

But 6 or 8 phase on most of the others is perfectly fine and should hardly make a difference under 1.4v
>>
>>59771428
>>59772072
Like the other Anon said, get the 4GB RX470 or 480 if you want to save money.
Under no circumstance should you get the 1060 3GB really. Unless they go on sale under $100, I guess? Which they won't.

>>59772266
Getting at leas 3GB of VRAM is worth it. 4GB is better. 2GB can hardly play anything now days.
r9 380 way is better than the 770. Those aren't the same price, are they?

>>59771977
I think the ASUS Strix, but their warranty and support is ass. EVGA has best warranty but they're like all stock PCB and shit.

>>59771984
If you want to reduce noise, just get a big heatsink on the CPU with no fan, and just a 140mm fan in the back or 200mm fan above or to the side of it.

>>59771775
960 Evo. But you can get the MyDigitalSSD BPX for significantly cheaper.
Cvo might last longer if it's for work. BPX is is rated longer TBW but I'd bet its controller will fail first
>>
>>59772482
>That's around what used GTX 970s go for nowadays, check local websites?
>recommending the worst card made in the past half a decade
Don't do that.
>>
>>59772421
You could get a better sound bar like the Creative Labs one. I think it's like $250.
If that's all you have room for, it's pretty much the best.

Proper 5.1 you can get for like $350 but sometimes something good goes on sale.

>>59772778
>corsair H60
That's much worse than a medium sized $45 air cooler from a good brand.
Why do people never bother to google "model name review" for what they've chosen?

And corsair lower end PSUs are pretty meh now days since they changed manufacturers on those.

>>59772854
>I was getting 50fps with everything maxed on PUBG and I have 2 AMD RX 480's and a 7700k.
50fps is "running like shit".
Ever dropping under 60fps = running like shit.
That's exactly why I said 8 threads minimum to the anon and that 6c/12t might be better. With 4c/4t it's even worse than that.

>>59773197
Why is there a new thread when this was only 200 posts in?
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>59772850
>A12-9800k
>is this the new zen apu or carrizo+zen igpu I saw on the roadmap?
No, it's Bristol Ridge. Look it up and see if it fits your purposes.
Looks to me that many B350 motherboards for APUs have VGA output.

zen+vega(supposedly) is Raven Ridge coming H2 this year.
>>
>>59772915
probably taichi. idk. look at reviews on newegg, filtered by newest.

>>59773165
Yeah, that design is awful in lots of ways.

>>59773143
>>59773350
>>59774425
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZjgdwV
Would work as something you can upgrade over time. Good foundation to put an i7 in later, even if you can't overclock, and better GPU.
If you have a spare GPU, get AM4 motherboard and an R5 1400 instead. You can get a more powerful gaming computer today if you skimp on the SSD and stuff and get an R5 1500X and 8GB RX480 instead.

>>59773325
550w would be fine unless you're doing huge overclocks, which you aren't with an Evo 212 and that cheaped out motherboard.
Even a 450w would be fine since you're basically going to be running that 7700k stock.

Pretty excessive for Siege, though. You could make a computer for like 30%+ less total that plays it 95% as well.

>>59774290
>I spent $850 in addition to parts laying around
>I only get 60fps minimum
Yes, that's what happens when you wastefully spend for a bad build. You could have spent that much for 90fps minimum instead.
>Can't test higher than that because everything limits it to my monitor refresh rate
No, you can disable VSync.

>>59774387
Looks good unless that Geil Evo RAM is still on sale. That was a good deal and people seemed to be having really good luck with Geil on Ryzen.
The GPU is obviously not ideal if you can get an RX480 8GB for the same or less money, though.
And don't fall for the ultrawide meme. Get a 1440p or 2560x1600.

>>59774787
>i5
>SSD that can't really fit more than an OS
>1050Ti
>spending all that for a meh wifi adapter instead of getting a motherboard with one that'd be cheaper overall
Worst build posted today, it looks like.
>>
>>59776389
>Use common sense and put effort into your queries.
copied from the other op and isn't that bad.

>Logical Increments
shit, which lead to people asking every thread
>should I just pick one item each from the "great" line?
which lead to builds like:
>i3-6100
>z270 board
>gtx 1050
>overpowered 550w garbage brand PSU

>The CPU section lacks a note that the G4560 will sometimes cause stuttering when paired with the RX470 or 480.
No room to fit it. There were much more often questions about SSD and whether or not m.2 or NVMe were worth it.
RX470+G4560 is still decent since you can upgrade to the 6700/7700 later on it.
On newer AZDO games like RE7, it's fine.

>Additionally, there's nothing wrong with the mid range offerings from either AMD or Nvidia. The RX470
um..? Yeah that's recommended in there.
I did say to someone else I wanted to include that 1060 is worth considering if someone just plays overwatch or something that it's better in, but no room.
Also, you can just overclock the RX480 to make up for the deficit in that game. Still cheaper.

Have you not seen how bad the other OP was, or are you just that same guy that's trolling? You're writing too reasonably for most of your post, except when you say the R9 Fury is bad and the 1050 is good, so I'm guessing you're actually someone else.
>>
>>59776761
It's fine. It's still the best you can get for the money.
It's only a few games with certain graphics APIs that it doesn't perform as good as you'd expect, but still is best on average for components that cheap.

That's just how it is when you have <$500 to spend.

>>59776844
>nearly $1000 build (including that PSU) with 4 threads.
>2133mhz memory.
>unlocked CPU in a locked board.
>1050Ti.
>retail windows
I take it back. This is even worse than >>59774787

The only thing worthwhile in this build is the thermal paste and cooler. And the monitor if you just need the cheapest shit one. Case is fine if that's what you really want, but you could get a better mATX case for the same price.
Replace everything else.
>>
>>59777362
Recomended gpu,cpu,motherboard?
>>
>>>59776844
>>nearly $1000 build (including that PSU) with 4 threads.
>>2133mhz memory.
>>unlocked CPU in a locked board.
>>1050Ti.
>>retail windows
>I take it back. This is even worse than >>59774787
>
>The only thing worthwhile in this build is the thermal paste and cooler. And the monitor if you just need the cheapest shit one. Case is fine if that's what you really want, but you could get a better mATX case for the same price.
>Replace everything else.
What do you recommend then for a gaming computer that's worthwhile but still very cheap(at least under $1000).
>>
>>59777413
RX480 8GB (~$200) or a 1070 if you can find it around $325 (they go on sale pretty often) for GPU.
Ryzen 5 1500X, 1600, or 1600X for CPU.
Any B350 motherboard except the Tomahawk or other poorly rated ones that have the features you want.
Get 2800-3200mhz memory.
Get Windows key off Kinguin or something + purchase protection.

I'd also recommend you get a decent freesync monitor of at least 75hz.

>>59777457
Looks like you and >>59777413 are basically looking for the same PC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bQnZPs
>>
>>59777362
Would a pentium g4560 and geforce 1060 3gb work?
>>
>>59777517
>intel
>the """""""""1060""""""""""" 3gb
absolute shit
>>
>>59777517
>1060 3gb
>3gb
Don't do this.
>>
>>59777490
But aren't the ryzen cores having issues ?
>>
>>59777517

>>59777517
Well the 470 is $110-$140 most times. The 1060 rarely goes under $180, right?

It's going to depend what games you play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWcw-zKzmcE
Looks like it's on average about 10% better for the 1060 when you pair those two, except in DX12/Vulkan where the 470 is 5% better.
The problem is, that once you can upgrade to a 7700 or something, suddenly the 470 is going to be much better without the G4560 bottlenecking it and you can overclock the RX470 way better than a 1060 3GB that's bottlenecked by its VRAM.

So basically what the others said: it's shit.

Or the better way to put it: instead of spending $40-$70 more on the GPU because that CPU bottlenecks the RX470, you should spend more money to get a Ryzen 5 1400 that will be more future proof, make your general computer usage better in addition to games, that won't bottleneck the RX470, and so on.

You could also wait 2 weeks. By then I bet some youtuber will do a G4560 or i3 + 1060 3gb, vs R5 1400 + RX470 comparison, and I'm confident the later will handedly win there.
>>
>>59777602
What issues? They are stable. There's no issues like frying motherboards, frying SATA drives, or so on.
Day1 there were some performance issues that have been improved a lot.
The only problem they have is that sometimes RAM can't run at high frequencies, which are being patched.
Lots of people are running 3200mhz memory fine right now.

What issues did you hear about that aren't shitposts on /g/?
>>
>>59777627
I wish there was a black and blue theme one.
>>
>>59777682
>I wish there was a black and blue theme one.
what?
>>
>>59777490
Like this?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hqmxFT/aoc-monitor-g2260vwq6
>>
>>59777701
Same specs but blue shit.
>>
>>59777889
That monitor looks really good for the price, actually. Yeah.

>>59777907
Oh well you can find more expensive motherboards with RGB lights.
Or you can plastidip stuff yourself.
>>
>>59777910
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bQnZP
Wtf is 16 gb of ram for?you only need 8 right?
>>
>>59778038
>Wtf is 16 gb of ram for?you only need 8 right?
Just overbuilt while still under budget for those two.

Can certainly drop it down, but $110 for 16Gb of 3000 is pretty good
You can definitely drop down to 8Gb. I just figure why not, when it's a good PC whether it's $740 or $790.
Needs vary to person to person. I need 32GB. Some only need 8GB. Very few need over 16GB so that's a "safe" amount.

I meant it just as a starting point, but forgot to mention.
>>
Looking for a bit of input on a preferred motherboard. I recently received an i5 7500 from a friend that just upgraded.
>>
>>59778213
You should try to sell the i5-7500 while it's still worth something.
You might be able to get like $125-$150.

Even if that puts you out like $45 getting an R5 1400 build, it's worth the 25-50% performance increase and better upgrade path with AM4 over LGA1151.

But if you want to stick with the i5-7500, just get the cheapest decent looking B250 board. The ASRock Pro4 was on sale for $59 the other day which is a really good one for that price.
>>
>>59778082
What's a good cheaper motherboard?
>>
so I'm really tempted to save the time and effort since this seems pretty solid. Is this too good to be true? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronpc-palladium-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1tb-hard-drive-120gb-solid-state-drive-black-blue/5642113.p?skuId=5642113
>>
>>59778299
Look at reviews on neweggs.

Pretty much not the MSI Gaming or MSI Tomahawk. Rest all seem fine so just get the cheapest if you want.

MSI Gaming one that's like $70 is actually probably fine if you're just overclocking the 4 core CPU a bit, or just running it stock. That seems to be the only complaints about it with its 3 phase VRMs. But anyone looking at the specs should know it's not for overclocking a R7 1700.

>>59778337
No, you can build much better for less.
I'm not sure why that looks too good to be true to you. You could make that PC for like $800-$900. And they get parts cheaper as OEMs.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VsfwFd
Subtract another $100 since it's a 1070 not 1080. Subtract another $100 for the much smaller SSD. Subtract more for the shit speed RAM. etc.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
alright /g/ I understand fuck all about PC building so I asked a bud for help with a build. He cooked this up for me

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/82kFyf

is it any decent? I'm aiming to keep it around 900-1200 and still be able to play games at least on high settings for at least two years at either 1080p or 720p
>>
Do AMD's Ryzen processors have better per-core performance than Intel's, or is the i5 still the way to go for emulation?
>>
>>59778468
same as >>59777490 (You)
Should still cheaper and better in CAD.
>so I asked a bud for help with a build. He cooked this up for me
Get new friends.

>>59778517
No, their per core isn't higher. Their SMT is better. That and getting more threads and/or unlocked for cheaper is their advantage.

For emulation, you would be fine with an APU like >>59772850
was working on, G4560, or i3. There is 0 point in spending more for an i5 for that purpose.
>>
>>59778549
I'm this anon >>59778468 and the way I see it here shit would get ridiculous in CAD (I should've specified sorry) and is way beyond my $1200 bucks budget

979 for the parts I can get in Canada, 589 (USD 440) for things I need to get at FreedomWorld™, bringing the total to CAD 1568, which I can't afford
>>
File: vivaldi_2017-04-07_02-51-21.png (101KB, 1437x735px) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi_2017-04-07_02-51-21.png
101KB, 1437x735px
>>59778604
I don't understand how you're coming to that price.
You can get things shipped Newegg Canada for most parts and it's under that.
>>
So I have a 7870 and an i5 3570, and it can't run a game at 60fps. It does, however, hover from 45-50.

Is there any sense in locking the framerate at 50 AND turning the monitor's refresh rate to 50Hz?
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fmpxCy

r8
>>
>>59778646
the GTX 1080 shows up as N/A on Newegg Canada, which is what is making the price skyrocket. also I have no bloody clue what I need at all, nor what I'm looking for. Let me repeat what I told my friend, maybe it'll help

>something beefy that can run games on high for at least a few years to come
>can run games on 60 FPS at 720p easily throughout the years
>no need for much internal SSD memory, will be using mainly a USB HDD
>16 GB RAM total

and I have no idea what I should pick for the motherboard period. Why do your suggestions not have coolers listed? sorry for asking for this much spoonfeeding, but researching the parts one by one is kinda bothersome so I'm asking for advice as I look up what does what to get things rolling ahead of time
>>
>>59778654
Yes, that's actually a reasonable thing to do to reduce screen tearing.
Underclock your monitor, and set max framerate to it. That will actually make things appear smoother.

>>59778666
The 1080 is overly expensive, especially for a blower card.
I'd just get a 500gb or 1TB SSD instead of the small SSD+HDD.
Looks fine as long as you're not expecting big overclocks.
>>
>>59778468
>2133 RAM
>cheapest case available
>EVGA PSU
>Micro ATX mobo with an ATX Mid tower

tell your friend to kill himself
>>
>>59778701
alternative to 1080 if i'm not playing 4K anything?

why can't i overclock? is the PSU or cooling not good enough?
>>
>>59778700
GTX 1080?
You must be looking at the $1150 build I linked to the guy showing it was better than that $1300 store bought and cheaper.

Which isn't the cheaper better build I linked for your budget, which you can see there in the picture in CAD prices. >>59778337 >>59778389
I'm not sure how you mixed those up. Look again.
>>
>>59778701
Thanks, anon. Will go with that. Hoping to retire my 7870 soon, it has served me well enough.
>>
>>59778713
oh alright then. but why is there no cooler?
>>
>>59778710
You can find non-ref cooler 1080s on sale for $420 which is a pretty good price. You just have to wait and keep looking for sales.

If you're not playing 4k just even an RX470 plays almost everything maxed or near max, 1080, 60fps. Even an RX480 8GB, overclocked, is overkill for almost every game.

But you might want to wait for Vega for something more "future-proof' like the 7970s and 290Xs from before.
Or at least wait for the RX500 series as it should mean price drops.
The 1060 and 1070 aren't that good of value unless, for the 1070, you specifically need that 144fps minimum in Overwatch.

>>59778735
Because most Ryzen CPUs include a good cooler.
If you want to replace it, or at least add in some Gelid or IC Diamond thermal compound instead of using the stock thermal pad on the cooler, go ahead. Or if you want to replace the cooler with a 110w-150w TDP cooler, you can do that too.
You could probably get the 1600 or 1600X instead as well in your budget. But that computer is already much better for cheaper than what you originally posted. It is probably fine for your needs and there is not really a reason to spend more if that i5 fit your needs.

>>59778729
Same. I have this 7970 but it keeps doing well and not giving me much reason to.
But once a good HDR10 2560x1600 monitor comes out, then I'll need something more powerful.
>>
>>59778747
okay ill keep in mind the sale cooler 1080s, but i want to be pushing a 2K/144hz monitors setup. would the RX400s/500s be good for that kind of graphical load or should i definitely put more money a card that's at least a 1080?
>>
>>59778747
thanks anon. the ryzen 5 should be available on april 11th then, right?
>>
>>59778710
>why can't i overclock? is the PSU or cooling not good enough?
Because that motherboard doesn't say how many phases the VRMs have. I'm guessing 4-6. That's not going to be good for much of an overclock. Get 6+2 phase digi or 8 phase analog as a minimum.
You really get jewed for good VRMs on Intel boards so idk which to recommend specifically. You just have to look up reviews of them and how well they can OC with them.

Cheap Z270 motherboards are mostly a scam. You may as well just save more on a B250 one and not overclock. Usually the at least minimally decent ones are around $140. So pick a few in that price range and google for overclocking reviews.

>>59778772
2K? Do you mean 1920x1080 or 2048x1080?
But no, even the RX500 1500mhz models are still going to fall behind 144fps in Overwatch maxed, 60-75 in Siege, for example.
I know it's enough for like 300fps in CSGO.
Maybe if the process is refined enough that they can be overclocked 8-15% on top of that, but even still you'll have to drop settings in some games. Though often things look the same dropping settings.
If you want to make sure you get 144fps in as much as possible outside of those graphically optimized games made to play at 144, you really need the 1080Ti.

Look at benches for what you play.

>>59778791
>thanks anon. the ryzen 5 should be available on april 11th then, right?
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_2249.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2249.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just finished my setup

2 x curved 34uc88's and some 24 inch monitor I had sitting around

Can't remember rig specs 100% but it's got a 1070, 32gb ram, i7 6850 and a 1TB ssd
>>
>>59778844
can you link me the list you made? never dealed with the site before and I'm having trouble finding the exact same radeon you linked
>>
>>59778848
nice, what's that camera on the right? looks aesthetic af
>>
>>59778869
It's just a ~$200 Fuji film Polaroid nothing special, it's plastic haha
>>
>>59778848
The tiny monitor up top is so weird. Why not a 4k TV there?

I like how you have actual proper color/brightness balance between them, though. That's something you rarely see.

>>59778865
>can you link me the list you made
The which one? Just buy the cheapest RX470 that is is still at least 4 stars on newegg.
Prices fluctuate all the time. Those parts lists are just a baseline for specs in the price bracket and not exact models/brands you must get.

Unless you're looking at RX480s. Then you should look at reviews for ones that overclock well. They need a working 8pin that actually provides power on 4 pins instead of just an extra sensor, that can take higher voltage, but which are still reasonably priced.
>>
>>59778903
I would get a TV but I already have one on my PS4 in the same room I prefer it like that desu
>>
File: speccy.png (38KB, 967x520px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
38KB, 967x520px
>>59764658
Just upgrade from i5 2500k / ddr 3 1600 to this tonight. Even with noctua nh-d15 I'm getting an idle at 40-50C and a prime 95 load of 80-85c did I fuck up somehow or is this thing just a housefire? Could it have anything to do with the thermalpaste still being new?

Mobo is gigabyte 270x gaming 5
Fractal R5 case
intended for 1440p 144hz gaming

1080 ti as soon as the gigabyte extreme edition is up on amazon.
>>
I'm considering getting a 1080ti and a new monitor. Would it be a waste not to go 4k with it? I'm looking at benchmarks and it doesn't seem quite "there" yet, plus I want something with decent response times and there's like one exorbitantly priced option for that. I was leaning more toward 1440p 144hz but I don't want to regret it in the long run.
>>
>>59777517
G4560 and 3GB 1060 is a good combo

>>59777604
>Well the 470 is $110-$140 most times.
No way. Cheapest on newegg is 165USD right now.

>>59778844
>60-75 in Siege
My RX470 gets 60FPS locked on ultra in Siege. No dips below. Probably avg at 75-80

>Cheap Z270 motherboards are mostly a scam
Not true. Decent OC potential + fast RAM

>>59778772
No such thing as 2K. GTX 1070 for 1440p

>>59778700
>can run games on 60 FPS at 720p easily throughout the years
An RX470 or GTX1060 3GB can do that at 720p. You're retarded if you don't pick up a 1080p monitor somewhere

>>59778666
Drop to 1070 if you're at 1080p

>>59778517
The absolute best CPU for emulation is an OC'd i5-7600K. AMD won't be able to match the clockspeed of Intel's current CPUs, so single core perf will be relatively worse.

Do not get one of AMD's current APUs for emulation or you won't be playing anything past SNES

>>59778468
It's good, but consider waiting for Ryzen 5 benchmarks. Get 1080p

>>59778389
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VsfwFd
Bad RAM choice because you'll be capped at 2133MHz with a B250. Overpowered build for 1080p anyway.

>>59778299
You might have trouble getting that RAM to run. Haven't really looked into it.

>>59778213
Get a B250 mobo that has the features you want (like number and type of USB ports, correct video out ports, m.2, etc).
>>
I'm planning on building a home server for torrenting/seedbox, private VPN, private file hosting and maybe an http server if I get around to it. Should I do mini ITX or micro ATX form factor? Would a Celeron or a low end AMD CPU be enough
>>
>>59778966
4k is a bit of a meme for now 1440p / 144hz is really enjoyable for games especially if you can push past 100fps. The only thing I would say is do some research on your monitor as quite a few have backlight bleed / ips glow issues.

If you intend to use your pc / monitor for less gaming heavy tasks I would recommend the 4k monitor though.
>>
>>59778966
Depends on monitor size. If you're at ~27" you won't regret 1440p.

>>59778965
Check your fan profiles
>>
>>59778995
I know this is a dumbass question but would that be in the bios or is there some other external means of doing so?
>>
Did any of you guys bought a win 10 key on ebay?
It is working?
>>
>>59778965
>4c/4t to 4c/4t
That's not an upgrade, though.
You got like a 5% higher OC limit, and 15% higher IPC.

>did I fuck up somehow or is this thing just a housefire
Right. You bought a housefire. Time to delid or return it if your fans aren't just turned off.
But even if fans heatsink fan was off and it was just a rear/top fan pulling heat off it you should be under 40-50C.
>>
>>59778970
>No way. Cheapest on newegg is 165USD right now.
Okay. Well a few hours ago there was one for $140 and one for $145 with mail in rebates.
A few days ago you could get one for $120.
Last week you could get one for $90.

I'd say today is the outlier, and not what "most times" are. Or you're just failing to see the prices correctly, I can't bother to look again.
>>
>>59779023
You're a fucking retard. Today is the norm, moron.

>>59778970
>you'll be capped at 2133MHz with a B250
Meant to say 2400MHz.
>>
>>59778970
>My RX470 gets 60FPS locked on ultra in Siege. No dips below. Probably avg at 75-80
I'm just being really conservative. Like on the worst map, multiplayer, with lots of shit going on.

>The absolute best CPU for emulation is an OC'd i5-7600K
No, the i3-7350K is cheaper and performs exactly the same in emulation.
And that assumes the emulators aren't using AMD instructions or 4 complex instructions per cycle.

>Bad RAM choice because you'll be capped at 2133MHz with a B250
Supports 2400mhz on that board, but you're otherwise right. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>59778970
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w2qLKZ
Fixed it.
Yes, the 6700k gets locked there, but the $40 more for 4.0/4.2 vs 3.6/4.2 and quieter cooler is probably worth it.
Sometimes you do find Z270 boards on sale around $90, but they're not good for much of an overclock anyway.

Most people don't overclock and the best stock clocks for the money is best to them. It's about $150 more to go up to better cooler/motherboard/psu/RAM with simple modifications to it.
You're talking 15% more money when for gaming some games don't really even benefit from the overclock even when not GPU limited do to how their engines work.
>>
File: firefox_2017-04-07_04-04-52.png (358KB, 1175x659px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-07_04-04-52.png
358KB, 1175x659px
>>59778970
>Cheapest on newegg is 165USD right now.
>>59779043
>You're a fucking retard.

>165USD
>retard
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PVqLKZ

help me save more money
>>
>>59779138
b250 board, use stock cooler, semi-modular power supply, and upgrade the RX460 to a 470 because the 460 is half as powerful but too expensive.
>>
Kek why do you guys even borther with graphic cards?
Just buy a xbox scorpion.

4k@60fps
Beast on pair with a 1080
>>
File: KabyLake_RAMspeed2.png (47KB, 604x620px) Image search: [Google]
KabyLake_RAMspeed2.png
47KB, 604x620px
>>59779062
>an "extra" core that Dolphin isn’t using may help slightly by keeping background tasks from using the same cores as Dolphin.
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#which-cpu-should-i-use

>>59779113
Better to get an i7 7700 with a Z270 because you can use XMP (fast RAM and an all core 4.2GHz turbo). The 6700K has a lower all core turbo of 4.0GHz and is more expensive. Without a Z series mobo you're stuck with single core turbo and slow RAM, which can have as much benefit as a CPU overclock. Pic related

>>59779132
That doesn't come close to matching your original clam of $110-$140, shithead.
>>
RX470 8gb without ssd or rx470 4gb with ssd ?
which is better
>>
>>59779218
considering I am using the g4560 cpu and won't be upgrading for quite a while
>>
>>59779218
470 + SSD
>>
>>59779192
>Better to get an i7 7700 with a Z270 because you can use XMP (fast RAM and an all core 4.2GHz turbo).
Might be true on the RAM end. Does even the most garbage Z270 board support 3000 or 3200? XMP isn't a gaurantee still, so it's a bit eh. I'd assume #+2 phases helps a lot there but I'm not seeing a new mobo VRM phases list.

You're not entirely right on the clocks, but I looked it up and found out that how turbo works did change in Kabylake over Skylake which makes them actually quite better to run stock.
6700k is 4.2 single core, 4.0 dual and quad.
7700 is 4.2 single, 4.1 dual, 4.0 quad.
So while you were wrong with what you said, your conclusion was still right.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FnmdwV
If I could find out a board that nearly gaurantees 3000/3200 and is under $100, I would swap out the B250.
Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it for a build that's "better than a 7600k but the same or cheaper".
>The 6700K has a lower all core turbo of 4.0GHz and is more expensive

>That doesn't come close to matching your original clam of $110-$140, shithead.
$145
>doesn't even come close to matching $140
lol.

>>59779218
An SSD that doesn't fit more than your OS is pretty worthless. Do you spend more time in your year waiting for Windows to boot, or waiting for other stuff to load/save?
>>
File: 7350k-dolphin.jpg (71KB, 577x546px) Image search: [Google]
7350k-dolphin.jpg
71KB, 577x546px
>>59779192
Yes. That extra core.
So why is 2core/4t not enough for emulating Dolphin? It has an extra core with hyperthreading for background tasks.
answer: it is

The 7700k is slightly better than the 7350k only because of the higher clocks.
7600k isn't on the list, but you know exactly where it'll lie.
>>
File: fa5.jpg (125KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
fa5.jpg
125KB, 1024x577px
clueless anon here again. decided to up my price range a bit so I could get a 6Gb GTX instead and make a halway compromise between the two builds I was suggested

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vcZ4m8

The monitor and ryzen 7 are just placeholders until I find a decent monitor and a ryzen 5 at a good price
>>
Which B250 board would be considered the best investment currently?
>>
>>59779360
anyone? I'm mostly concerned about whether or not everything will fit
>>
>>59779360
There is no reason to spend so much more on a 1060 6GB.

On average, a 1450mhz RX480 is faster than a 2100mhz OC 1060 even at 1080p. And pretty much shits on it at 1440p and especially DX12/Vulkan. The reference RX480 vs 1060 is misleading since it scales better with an OC.
The exception is if you know you're going to play the few games that are horribly unoptimized for AMD for some reason, despite having console versions, which are Witcher 3, GTAV, and a few others.

Maybe you should wait for the RX500 launch to see GPU prices, too, if you're so conflicted thinking the RX470 or RX480 isn't good enough.
Looks like there are some RX580s that'll come 1450-1500mhz stock.

ALSO DONT CHEAP OUT ON RAM. Should get 3000-3200.
I also don't really get why you swapped for a marginally faster SSD that has half the storage space. The less storage will hurt you more than not being able to fit enough stuff to speed up on it.

>>59779441
yes, they'll fit.
>>
File: Screenshot_21.png (72KB, 1129x619px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.png
72KB, 1129x619px
>>
>>59779450
You could find a $10 cheaper board and get DDR4-2400 for probably the same price, but it looks really good otherwise.

I also think that case is pretty derpy and don't know why you wouldn't just go mATX, but eh.
>>
File: X4f1skS.jpg (384KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
X4f1skS.jpg
384KB, 1080x1080px
>>59779445
I'm planning on catching up to all the AAA stuff I missed out on during the decades of using this shitty laptop and also playing around with emulators a lot. I'd love to tinker around with AMD but it's been raising a few too many red flags for my goals, so I'll just play it safe. As for the SSD and RAM I guess I'll play around with them a bit, but since I already upped my limit quite a bit I'll wait until my money rolls in so I can properly distribute my mad spending. have more cute dogs for the help anon
>>
>>59779478
AMD drivers and software and shit are better than Nvidia's now days.
Nvidia keeps like 150mb of RAM of bullshit running in the background even if you're not using them. AMD like 10.5mb.

Their hardware scheduler is objectively better for DX12/Vulkan than Nvidia's software scheduler which is what almost all upcoming games are being made for now. Even tons of games from 2015 and earlier are getting Vulkan updates.

So I don't get why you would be trepidatious about an AMD GPU.
It was just AMD CPUs that sucked for like 7 years after Phenom II and before Ryzen. Their GPUs were the best most of the time over that same period of time other than the driver issues earlier on back then.

If you want to spend that much on a GPU, one of the Vega one might not be much more, or 1070 prices might finally drop when they have competition. 1060 just isn't worth it.
>>
>>59779152
how about this?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v8d8sJ
>>
>>59779593
Just get 8GB of DDR4 2400 unless you're sure you need 16GB.
You could probably find a cheaper board if the ASRock Pro4 is no longer on sale.

You should probably get a 75Hz freesync monitor. Someone pointed out a good one for like $110 earlier.

Looks good otherwise.
>>
>>59779641
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMZBYr
>>
>>59779737
Looks great.
>>
>>59779778
thanks
>>
File: cards.png (116KB, 766x551px) Image search: [Google]
cards.png
116KB, 766x551px
What's the difference between all these faggy cards?
Why wouldn't I buy the 8gb 8ghz cheapest one compared to the 8gb 7ghz and so on?
Which one is the better pick?
( https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/gpu-amd/radeon-rx-480-pci-e )
>>
>>59779918
>What's the difference between all these faggy cards?
Different coolers, different binning of GPUs (how high they'll stable OC on a given voltage), different PCBs

>Why wouldn't I buy the 8gb 8ghz cheapest one compared to the 8gb 7ghz and so on?
8ghz is the memory speed.
The boost speed, if you aren't going to overclock, is most important.

>Which one is the better pick?
Usually cheapest. Unless there are many cheap ones within 10 bong of each other, then pick the one that has the highest boost clock and/or is best reviewed if you can find them in a comparison review to one another.
>>
>>59779965

So for a basic retard such as myself who doesn't want to bother with OC an 8ghz 8gb card with the highest boost speed is the best choice?
(going by the list I posted technically that god awful asus card?)
>>
>>59780031
EIGHT GIGAHURTZ IS THE MEMORY SPEED.
I said get the cheapest or close to cheapest that has the highest core boost clock.

The ASUS ROG Strix is good, yes. It has the highset GPU core clock and one of the cheapest. Buy that.
>>
>>59780056

I know the 8megahurtz is the mem speed but surely it has effect on the overall performance just like the core speed?
>>
>>59780099
On an 8GB model, not really. It doesn't seem to affect it much. Not like the core speed does. The ROG Strix is the highest boost clock one there, anyway.
>>
>>59780207

Understood, thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.