[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 35

File: 159600-000399.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
159600-000399.png
1MB, 1920x816px
Simple Questions Thread
>>
What's a good music player for Android?
>>
celeron or atom cpu?
>>
What did he mean by this?
https://www.hiawatha-webserver.org/forum/topic/56
>>
I use ProtonMail as the mail server for my domain name. Obviously I get a rDNS-SMTP banner mismatch.

I can actually edit the rDNS for my IP, but it requires an A records entry to my DNS zone file.

What does this mean? Is there hope?
>>
>>59762155
power amp

>>59762165
celeron > 5 atoms
>>
After replacing the cable of my headphones, i faintly hear some radio station on the right speaker (only happens when I'm on a certain position)

It's driving me crazy, how do i fix it?
>>
>>59762181
Not possible to fix, sorry anon
>>
>>59762198
OK no worries, thanks!

To be honest, it only happens when I'm sitting in a shitty position so i'll avoid doing it.
>>
My microphone either doesn't work or when I turn the microphone boost up all of the way it will sound really loud for a second but be extremely quiet. Is there a way to diagnose this without getting another microphone?
I'm plugged into the I/O on the back of the case.
>>
Is Cloudflare okay for just hosting your dns zone file and not proxying anything? Or is it still a MiTM?
>>
What is the best YouTube alternative app for Android?
I need a app that is good for managing custom playlists.
>>
>>59762459
I believe YouTube is making such massive changes soon that the answer simply is there are none... yet.
>>
do LEDs actually need resistors or can you just under volt by a tiny amount?

I've had some full spectrum LEDs going for months they say 6-7 volts
I have them at around 6 volts and I have a big heatsink on them and fans, they run around 25C (60C is their rated temp) and haven't had any issues

yet everywhere I read they NEED RESISTORS OMG THEY'RE GONNA BLOW UP people swear by it

I've always used resistors but decided just to see what happens if I keep them cooled
>>
I need a place where I can talk to people who are experts in hardware, specifically console repair
Anyone know any good websites? And I'm not talking about general "Hurr durr my xbox won't turn on" I mean real specific info about how to get replacement transistors and shit
>>
>>59762165
Atom.

>>59762173
Where did you take that asspull?
Pentium > Atom > Celeron

Check benchmarks faggot.
>>
How's Chicago for getting a job as a someone who is self taught and has a lot of Linux knowledge? Do companies there generally only accept formal credentials? And do their interviewers ask meme questions like whiteboard bubble sort?
>>
>>59762155
Stock player
>>
File: pepe.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
A few months ago I switched from windows to ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my computer
I read somewhere today that you need to sudo update-grub after you install linux and get rid of windows
I typed in sudo update-grub in the terminal, then it said WARNING something about nonzeros then went and did a whole lot of stuff automatically superfast, then said done
Did I fuck up?
Will my computer still work normally?
>>
int main() {
return 420;
}

why does this return 164?
>>
>>59763217
have you rebooted?
>>
>>59763320
I shut down the computer then restarted it
It's slower then it was before
>>
>>59763217
Warnings are just warnings.
If something was wrong it'd just break.
>>
>>59762233
try another microphone to troubleshoot whether its the mic or the mobo
>>
>>59763274
Nevermind. On linux return values can only be 0-255.
>>
Is Ublock Origin really better than Adblock Plus for Fire/Waterfox? Upon switching computer I picked up UO since most people seemed to recommend it but honestly I sometimes have videos autoplaying and other shits like that happening to me. I know AB+ has whitelists and that really does suck but on my end I still did have less problems.

Is it because I don't know how to use UO? Please enlighten me.
>>
>>59763432
>UO is better than ABP
It was just a meme. Both are pretty same.
>>
are thermal paste on stock coolers fine? or do i need to take it off?
>>
File: 4506892349056934890568345.jpg (56KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
4506892349056934890568345.jpg
56KB, 736x414px
>>59762138
If i buy an AM4+ mobo can i use AM3+ CPU's on it? Im on a budget and i'd like top keep using my FX until i can save enough for a decent Ryzen.
>>
Would increasing my RAM speed from 1600 to 1866 increase my IGPU performance?

IGPU is Intel HD 4600.
>>
is it worth 20 bucks a month for the newest version of photoshop or should i just re-learn all this shit i have learned in gimp + krita? (path editing, photo editing, coloring, extracting, sketching, vectoring)
I literally took physical classes for photoshop and illustrator so its kind of embedded in my brain how to do shit in them.
>>
>>59763714
Also how beneficial is having RAM in dual-Channel?

Both for system and IGPU.
>>
>>59763627
you are beyond retarded
>>
>>59763627
how exactly will your am3+ cpu know what the fuck ddr4 ram is? am4 is ddr4 ONLY
>>
File: 1445509491327.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1445509491327.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>59763784
>>59763796
Well there's a reason i came here to ask, but thanks for being niggers
>>
300€ for a barely used 1070 palit dual a good deal?
>>
>>59763799
at least you got your question answered and you didnt get ignored like i always do
>>
Where do i put my private key on my remote host when ssh to my server?
>>
Can anons tell what keyboard this is?
>>
>>59764001
Aosp?
>>
>>59763799
but seriously, what ram did you think you were going to use with your am3+ processor? how stupid are you?
>>
>>59764037
That one doesn't have rounded keys.
>>
>>59762138
Assuming I have a simple feed forward neural network made with tensorflow that accepts data of m * n dimensions. How do I use the trained model to predict a data of shape 1 * n?
>>
>>59764001
is that even android? kind of looks like LG keyboard.
>>
>>59764153
Yeah it's a screen shot of a screenshot taken in miui
>>
File: 780-h_main-w.png (120KB, 620x280px) Image search: [Google]
780-h_main-w.png
120KB, 620x280px
What's are the best options to get access to internet in the middle of nowhere?
Satellite or HAM radio?
I just need it to send emails.
>>
>>>/wsr/292244
>>
I'm thinking about picking up a halfway decent used laptop, just for web stuff while on trips, rather than being stuck with a smartphone. The goal would pretty much just be smooth 1920*1080 YouTube playback in Firefox on Win7 or something Linuxy, probably just Debian, whichever is easier. How much do y'all think that would run, and is eBay the way to go?
>>
I am a pleb from another board that heard that someone from here was able to make a site that lets you view the tracking on registered mail items in Canada, because they disabled public viewing of them in order to get more shekels. Where is this fabled thing?
>>
File: 03956518.jpg (25KB, 623x640px) Image search: [Google]
03956518.jpg
25KB, 623x640px
>Best router/modem under $200 that can run dd-wrt/open-wrt?
Some thighs in return
>>
Can I set up firewall rules on a network that only apply to specifric devices?
>>
>>59764655
try /csg/
>>
>>59764684
Thanks
>>
>>59762138
Any decent alternative to SVP (Smooth Video Project)? I want to watch 24-30 FPS videos in 60 FPS or higher like how modern TVs can. I wish monitors had this option but I guess it would just make them more expensive? Also SVP doesn't really support MPV on Windows like it does on Linux/Mac and I don't want to buy it and then find out it doesn't work.

I took the live action Ghost in the Shell first trailer and rerendered it at 99 fps and interpolated the existing frames between each other just to see what it looked like and now I need to watch everything like this, but it took 2-3 hours just to do this for a 2 minute long teaser/trailer so I can't just do this for everything I want to watch. But there's no going back to 23.976 fps for me. Only 59.94 FPS or higher is acceptable from now on. Please help.
>>
>>59764748
interpolation is pig disgusting
>>
>>59764769
But it looks so cool to me for some reason. Everything is so clear during movement and you don't have to cover it up with motion blur like you do with traditional 24 fps. If filmmakers recorded in 60 or 144 fps by default then I'd prefer that. I wish filmwatchers were as passionate about framerate as gamers are. Games are pushing for more and more fps and stability while film is stuck in the past. We see way more fps in real life so I don't get why we need to be stuck at 24/30 when watching a youtube video or movie. I'll take interpolation at this point because it's the only foreseeable solution.
>>
Which video editing program should I use for extremely simple cutting/cropping of video? (I just want to save a 2 minute scene from a 30 minute video)

Im on wndows
>>
how can I stop videogames, bros
>>
>>59764839
shotcut
>>
>>59764814
if they recorded it in 60fps then yes its perfectly fine. When i see interpolated shit on tv it makes me motion sick almost. I hate it.
>>
File: GitS 99 fps w sound no blur.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GitS 99 fps w sound no blur.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>59764769
>interpolation is pig disgusting
pig disgusting is seeing the empty space between the same object moving across the screen. if cameras can't keep up with us, we need to build them better or come up with another solution like pic-related

>>59764852
by making real life just as beautiful and exciting as video games/anime (pic-related)
>>
>>59764814
>game
>60 or 144 fps
Stop playing games on PC.
>>
>>59764929
What else am I supposed to do on PC?
>>
When I pause an embedded youtube video, a bunch of suggested crap pops up. How do I disable this automatically instead of having to hit close every time?
>>
>>59764916
What's with the weird cuts between shots? Is that how the movie was edited?
>>
>>59765032

add

youtube.com##.ytp-pause-overlay

to uBlock Origin
>>
>>59762579
No one is going to ask you sorting algorithm questions for an IT position. But that's the least of your problems. Do you have any work experience? Look into obtaining an A+ cert and search around for Desktop technician or help desk jobs. Definitely look into going to school, it doesn't even need to be a 4 year school. But having formal education on your resume will land you more interviews than without one, especially in a competitive job market like in Chicago.
>>
File: abso based.jpg (131KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
abso based.jpg
131KB, 720x540px
>>59765098
ty based god
>>
>>59765097
no that's the interpolation effect. It's the black screens morphing into the next frame so it looks like a quick fade in or fade out when it should just be a one-time switch. this is my first after effects project so I don't know how to make the effect stop when I want it to.
>>
>>59763737
You can pirate Photoshop. You're locked into a year long contract with Adobe, and cancelling requires you to pay for half of the remaining year you have. I've learned this the hard way.
>>
>>59765097
Here's what the actual trailer looks like without the effects:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctm5VD7qKQ

rendering more frames just adds existing frames by itself so I added the interpolation stuff to fill in the gaps and make use of all those frames
>>
Is there a idiot's guide to tor? I want to use it because I need to make a facebook account for something and want facebook's tracking bullshit isolated from my normal browser.
>>
File: 1407076853371.jpg (100KB, 745x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407076853371.jpg
100KB, 745x720px
May someone PLEASE tell me why Thunderbird is fucking up? It can't connect to any server, be it Gmail or Hotmail or whatever. When I put in my password, it says it or the email is invalid despite there being no way for the password to have been put in wrong.
>>
>>59765221
Do you have 2fa enabled?
>>
>>59765267
No. The other day I was having trouble sending, like it took forever to send. The next day it just quit altogether and I couldn't connect to anything. I tried uninstalling Thunderbird and deleting the %appdata% shit, but it still persisted.
>>
>>59765014
shitpost
>>
What's the best replacement method for dropbox's public folder file linking?
>>
How do I get motivated to spend hours coding the same way I am motivated to spend hours playing autistic video games?
>>
>>59765344
What exact functionality are you trying to replace? Google drive can do public folders
>>
>>59765298
Are you sure this is purely a Thunderbird problem?
>>
>>59765367
Long-term direct links to files
>>
Can anyone recommend me a good print screen program for windows?
It would be nice if it could upload screen caps in some sort of database.
>>
>>59765381
That's all I know. I haven't tried any other email clients.
>>
File: 1468958966391.jpg (102KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1468958966391.jpg
102KB, 800x1203px
>>59764676
Bump
>>
I'm using Ubuntu GNOME 16.10
What will happen to me when 18.04 comes? Since normal Ubuntu is switching to gnome anyway.
>>
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
Guys, how do web developers even make money?

I know this guy, has his own business developing websites right out of college, employs about 8 people and have been in business for a couple of years.

They all seem to be supporting themselves just fine, but I looked at their business website and they've only designed like 4 fucking websites for small family businesses

there are a million other people they could have contracted and they probably could have made their websites in 5 minutes using square space..

Where the fuck is this money coming from!?!?!
>>
>>59765426
Snipping tool should work fine but I guess Greenshot?
>>
Is my ISP jewing me? When I bought their subscription two months ago my upload speed was 5mb/s. Now it's 05mb/s. Are they intentionally cutting the speed now that some time has passed? What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>59765486
Ever hear of money laundering?
>>
How do I make the Chrome process stop launching at computer startup? Disabling it in msconfig won't cut it. It works for a few days, then it starts doing it all over again.
>>
>>59765381
Wait, I fixed it.

>turn my computer off
>turn it back on
>it's working
wew
>>
>>59765651
05=5
>>
>>59765719
Cheeky
>>
>>59762233
also check if its software doing it, i can't remember what but a while back i had some program maybe skype or some bullshit auto managing the volume of microphones so it was always set to like 3% volume or some cancer.
>>
Can you search a channel's past broadcasts in the twitch android app?
>>
Does anyone know of a decent macro manager that accommodates additional macro keys? I'm using a TTesports Meka-G and the software for it is just... shit in every way and hasn't been updated since 2009, none of it works in Windows 10 and it just doesn't launch most of the time.

I've tried tons of other hotkey/macro managers and none of them detect additional macro keys, ideally I want to map my "T" macro keys to Visual Studio functions/hotkeys with a GUI and not writing scripts.

Pic related, just fucking look at it.
>>
>>59762155
aimp
>>
>>59764640
Thinkpad T420s with FHD mod, which is currently unavailable, unfortunately.
>>
>>59765488
>Greenshot
thanks lad, seems clean and easy to use
>>
Is there a way to install Chromium into the Program Files folder on Windows?
>>
Downloaded a torrent on phone
Connected phone and pc via usb
Download folder on pc not showing all stuff so I cant copy paste it to pc
what do?
>>
>>59766134
What phone are you using, dipshit.
>>
>>59766164
huawei mate 9
>>
File: SuccesIsSimple.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
SuccesIsSimple.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
I just cloned a github wiki (https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx.wiki.git) for offline use but it consists of a folder with a tonload of .MD files (markdown). I've tried using several methods to view them in a simple matter (from visual studio code (no pictures and/or linking) to chrome/firefox plugins(didn't work at all or no linking)) and nothing seems to copy the simple wiki-feel of it.

How can I simply read the wiki offline?
>>
overclocked my i7-7700K to 5.1 GHz but reaching housefire (97C) temps when stressed. in an ITX build with picture attached cooler. no options for liquid cooler in my case. am i biting off more than i can chew?
>>
How do you rip amazon's streaming video?
youtubedl doesn't support it.
>>
>>59763714
>Would increasing my RAM speed from 1600 to 1866 increase my IGPU performance?
Yes.

>>59763742
>Also how beneficial is having RAM in dual-Channel?
For the system in general day-to-day stuff? Ehhh. For the igpu? A fucking gigantic boost - getting more performance out of an igpu is all about maximising memory bandwidth.
>>
>>59766363
>am i biting off more than i can chew?
I think you already know the answer to that, famalam.

>no options for liquid cooler in my case.
Why would you choose that thing when you were planning to push the clock like that? You deserve your housefire.
>>
>>59766363
Yes, you can try undervolting if you haven't already. Even then, your clocks are too high, set them to a lower value.
>>
File: printer.png (24KB, 1347x204px) Image search: [Google]
printer.png
24KB, 1347x204px
send help
>>
Is there a simpler way to get source image on instagram than right click inspect element and finding it on the html code
ruining my faps and gets tiring when u do it like 20 times
>>
>>59765183
>Is there a idiot's guide to tor?
https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en

Tor doesn't do that shit well because you have to enable scripts to do facebook.
If you run portable tor from a usb stick, facebook is still going to see shit like processor id and ip address. You're gonna get tracked.
>>
>>59762165
Which particular models?
>>
>go to my parent's
>"our laptop doesn't work, can't play any online streams, and videos are fucked"
>Windows 7
>suspect drivers are missing and/or some browser fuckery
>check dxdiag, it appears that there is no GPU driver installed even though there is one in this particular laptop
>try installing it
>can't, current user is just a guest and I need the admin pw
>ask my dad since it's his user, he says there's none
>enter none, nothing happens
>enter random shit, nothing happens
>login to his user
>there's no password
>set up a password
>sign off user
>can't sign in back into that account with the password I just set up
What the fuck is going on. Is there some kind of malware that can cause this kind of shit? They're my parents so they probably fucked up somehow but I honestly don't undestand what the fuck just happened.
>>
>>59762138
I just crashed my Quadrocopter, which corrupted the videofile it was recording. But how does something like that even happen? Does it lose power for a split second when it crashes or can the impact damage the sd card or something?

I'm pretty high so I don't know how2english, sorry
>>
I want to test the network speed of my home network (wireless). How do I do that in Windows? I'm not talking about internet speed.
>>
>>59766353
Bump?
>>
Where do I find a free Japanese proxy that actually works?
>>
Wtf is ricing

I checked the /g/ wiki and google and there was no exact definition

Is it a racial joke?
>>
is a dual core i7-7560u and intel iris 640 good enough for light gaming like csgo at 1080p, and compiling gentoo?
>>
>>59767260
It kind of has two meanings:
RICE="racing inspired cosmetic enhancement" (visually modding a car to make it look faster)
Also based on buying cheap japanese/chinese cars and making them look fast
>>
Humble python bundle worth it for the $15 option?
>>
>>59767082
Send data wirelessly and check the system time on send and on arrival?

Can you ping over lan?
>>
>>59767307
Yes, I can ping. I'm currently just copying files back and forth. I'm looking for a more reliable way to test my network speed.
>>
>>59767264
>intel iris 640
No
>>
File: framedrop.jpg (238KB, 1435x777px) Image search: [Google]
framedrop.jpg
238KB, 1435x777px
I still have a massive problem with youtube framedropping.

I have a 2500k and a 7970 so reasonably powerful gear at least for playing youtube videos.

Some anon recommended h264lify a couple days ago because it might have to do something with VP9, but I monitored it and it didn't really help. See pic related, literally unwatchable on 2x speed.

CPU usage hovers between 30-60% and GPU usage between 20-30%, RAM is at 40% so no component is at full load.

But it seems to be some kind of problem with multitasking or whatever since when I have a twitch stream in the background or something similar, performance is even more abysmal. But sometimes it's also just the video. This is the test video btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOtTEMn-RU

Any ideas?
>>
WHY
>The range() function only does numbers from the first to the last, not including the last. So it stops at two, not three in the above. This turns out to be the most common way to do this kind of loop.
Why the fuck is it inclusive on one side but exclusive on the other?
Are there alternatives that are completely inclusive/exclusive?
>>
If I completely nuke the partition table on a Dell laptop and install Linux, will I be able to restore windows without buying a new license if I want to sell it in the future?
>>
>>59762138
I am so fucking tired of ads on my android tv, how do I block ads through my router?
>>
>>59762138
>>59767923
archer c7 specifically
>>
File: File_000.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>59762138
/g/ In your honest opinion which of these remotes will work with a VIZIO blu ray player?
>>
I have this program in my state where I can get funding to take courses on various different things. I'm looking at the following-
CCNA Training Program
CompTIA Network + Cert. Prep (would take the test as well after the course)
CompTIA A+ exam
JAVA Certificate program (I've been teaching myself some C++. JAVA is the only programming course offered through this program though. I'm quite interested in this one but the cost would be basically all of the funding)
MCSE 2008
Microsoft Certified Professional Program

So other than the Java course, I could take a few of the other ones. I didn't list everything available, just what I'm interested in. Could I get some feedback from you all on what you think of my options/why I should take whatever you suggest? Thanks.
>>
>>59767943
Hard to say, but probably all of them except for DirecTV unless your BluRay is really weird
>>
>>59762138
Can I use the ouputs from my gpu if I dont set them in crossfire mode?
>>
>>59767985
I have the Peel app working fine. None of these have worked so far. The Peel app doesn't have a numeric pad and I need to disable the parental controls.

Default code is supposed to be 0000.

This is day 2 of my efforts with this blu ray player. It is network connected as well.
Is anyone interested in a thread?
>>
>>59768180
It'll probably get pruned but I'm interested to see how things work out senpai
>>
>>59767431
don't play videos using your browser
https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/fjqfto.webm

>Error: Your image contains an embedded file.
come someone explain why i get these fairly often when attempting to post webm's?
>>
>>59767808
What version of windows?
>>
>>59767001
So you don't know what the admin account is ?
>>
in a shell script how do i eval only a portion of a command?

example
$ number1='test<line'
$ echo $number1
$ test<line
$ num=1
$ eval number$num='test<line'
$ bash: line: No such file or directory

I only want eval to convert number$num to number1 and not to look at what i'm assigning to it
>>
>>59766499
So upgrading from 2x8GB would noticeable increase my IGPU performance against my current 1x8GB right?

Also how RAM OC works?
I have a HyperX 8GB stick and a generic looking Kingston 8GB stick of a friend dead build.

Would OCing the second be a bad idea?
My motherboard has a switch to turn XMP on, should i set to to something low like 1866 or 2133?
How stressful is it for the RAM?
>>
Very weird issue here. Three moniors, 1 through DP adapted to HDMI and two through DVI adapted to VGA. Everything works fine, unless I'm playing videos with a lot of... activity? Not sure what the best way to explain it is, but if I load up something like a high bitrate video of confetti on one specific monitor it causes the monitor to constantly refresh. If I move it to any other monitor, I have zero issues. I assume it's an issue with the GPU, because it only happens with one DVI port and the HDMI port, but it's weird that it didn't either break one port or broke all at once. Anyone else had a similar issue?
>>
>>59767966
You're kind of forgetting two important details, you forgot to specify what was your goal and your background.
>>
>>59768825
>>59767966
Don't have much of a background other than "I like compooters" currently. I'm going back to college in the fall for CS, but in the meantime I need a better job (to pay for said school), and I'd prefer one that's tech/networking/IT-related. I don't currently know enough code or have enough programming experience to get a job doing that, so I thought I'd give any of the above.mentioned courses a go.
Basically- my goal is learning for the sake of learning and possibly better work.
>>
>>59769080
I'd go for CCNA personally.

It's decent in that it doesn't only show you Cisco's technologies, it explains networking in general rather well.
>>
>>59769191
Alright, sounds interesting. So, my choices for CCNA are- Routing and Switching; Certification Bootcamp; Cisco CCNA Training Program, Cisco CCNP Training Program.
Not sure where to start, I'd guess Certification Bootcamp possibly?
Thanks for the advice so far.
>>
Do I still get checksumming on BTRFS when using it on a single drive or volume?
>>
How secure are laptop fingerprint scanners vs. more traditional login methods?
>>
>>59769632
Depends on whether they have your fingerprint
>>
>>59762138
what codec pack should I install to play Blu-Ray on Media Player?
>>
Should I get a 1080 from my 960 or upgrade my fx 8350 to a 7700k
>>
>>59769663
You should get a reasonable combination like a normal person
>>
Is the Microsoft foundation dev certificate exam hard? What materials would I need to pass?
>>
>>59769651
That's not shit you just get in a codec pack. Blu ray is licensed shit, usually only comes with paid players. There's a way to hack it into vlc, but no guarantees it works with everything
>>
What is the best and the fastest way of testing RAM? Memtest86? I've heard that 5 passes is enough to determine if a stick is corrupted or not. Is that enough and how long does a pass usually take?
>>
>>59769406
yes, checksumming is always on by default
by default, data is "single" profile, and metadata is "dup" profile (duplicated)
so even with a single disk volume, metadata has some protection again corruption (checksums + two copies), and data you can at least recognize if something is corrupted (checksums)
(you can also set data to "dup" on a single disk volume as well, though you'll halve the amount of data you can put on it)
>>
>>59769773
try to let it complete all the tests at least once
while some totally fucked once will start spewing errors within seconds of testing, others might hold up until the later, more complex tests
>>
>>59767212
A-Anyone?
>>
>>59769820
Awesome, btrfs it is then. I have a complete backup of everything but I want to migrate both data sets onto btrfs.

Is there a reason to use simple drive spanning as opposed to raid0? I don't really need the redundancy but the speed boost would be nice.
>>
>>59769820
Does duplicating the metadata take up a lot of space? Are there any unintended consequences to using BTRFS on windows?
>>
>>59769820
Will there be any trouble if I upgrade from ubuntu 14 to 16? I'm currently running btrfs 3.12 and ubuntu 16 is on 4.4 I believe. Will it just twerk?
>>
What SD card to get for my huawei mate 9?
Is this a good SD card?
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-mc128d-128gb-Uhs-i-Adapter/dp/B00WR0HIR4?th=1
Should I get this and a usb sd card reader or get both a usb stick and a lower gb sd card.
What should I look for in a good sd card to usb reader?
>>
>>59769846
>while some totally fucked once will start spewing errors within seconds of testing
I'm not sure what the scale of damage actually is, but if this happens, that's the one and no further tests are required?
>>
>>59769877
1. get a vps in japan
2. run TOR configured with by-country exit node filtering

>>59769883
>Is there a reason to use simple drive spanning as opposed to raid0?
yea, you have a chance of recovering some stuff with a spanned volume, as whole files are on single disks
if you're cool with needing to restore from backup should a disk die, then just go with raid0 and get its benefits

>>59769886
>Does duplicating the metadata take up a lot of space?
it makes the metadata twice as big, in most cases metadata is small relative to normal data, but that depends on what you're storing, shittons of tiny files could produce unusually high amounts of metadata

>Are there any unintended consequences to using BTRFS on windows?
is there a windows port?
that doesn't really sound like a good idea, but i don't know about about this

>>59769934
you should use as new a kernel as you can with btrfs
>3.12
that's not linux 3.12, is it? that's insanely out of date, i would not use btrfs that comes with 3.12
>>
What is the meaning of life???
>>
>>59770038
if it falls flat at any point (you get red error messages), then it's bad, even if it happens right away
>that's "the one"
don't assume only one module is bad
>>
>>59770061
>>
>>59770066
Well, I have 3 sticks. I'll test them separately. That's why I figured the immediate errors would indicate "that's the one".
>>
>>59770040
I'm on kernel 4.2 but btrfs-tools is 3.12
>>
>>59770040
>1. get a vps in japan
>2. run TOR configured with by-country exit node filtering
I'm looking for something free as said and using a proxy with a Chrome add-on seems like the easiest method. I only want to do a quick purchase on a website so a paid VPN isn't worth it for me.
>>
>>59770069
no, that is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. no reason to assume that this question is "what is the meaning of life"
>>
>>59770125
well i couldn't recommend any free service for tunneling a /purchase/ through, that's just asking for trouble

>>59770116
i see, that's not quite as bad
no, upgrading won't break anything, btrfs has been mainline for ages, it's no different to using something like ext4 in that sense
>>
>>59770128
43 then.
>>
>>59770040
>is there a windows port?
https://github.com/maharmstone/btrfs
>>
>>59770170
What are the risks exactly and how likely are those?

This seems like a lot of trouble for one purchase...
>>
>>59770282
"Free Proxy" Means it's worth it to someone to spend money on servers/bandwidth because of the information they can take from your connection. You're also placing them in a prime position to do a MITM attack
>>
>>59770241
interesting, but i can't speak for it
it's not even a port, but a reimplementation, so it's possible nothing i've said applies to it

>>59770282
>What are the risks exactly
a proxy is, by definition, a MitM (man-in-the-middle), instead of your data going directly between you and the destination, it's processed by a third party (the proxy)
that third party could view/edit your data

that said, there are things that allow for secure communication over insecure links, namely certs. if you disallow unencrypted connections, and actually check the certs to ensure they're what they're supposed to be, and the CA hasn't been compromised, then you can pretty sure your data hasn't been messed with
>>
>>59770408
>>59770421
I see. But couldn't a proxy you buy do the same technically? Well I guess those are less likely to do it because they want to keep the business going.
>there are things that allow for secure communication over insecure links, namely certs. if you disallow unencrypted connections, and actually check the certs to ensure they're what they're supposed to be, and the CA hasn't been compromised, then you can pretty sure your data hasn't been messed with
This seems kind of high level for me. Urgh. I kind of don't know what to do here, monthly maintenance stuff isn't worth it for my erratic purchases and I don't need the proxy for anything else so it'd sit still the rest of the 29 days. What are the cheapest reliable services anyways?
>>
>>59770560
>This seems kind of high level for me.
kek. He's talking about HTTPS
>>
>>59770600
Sorry I'm not good with computers. But I imagine it isn't as simple as plugging a free HTTPS proxy from Google, is it? If that works and avoids having my credit card stolen then I'm wondering why I wasn't told that from the start
>>
>>59770174
thanks
>>
>>59770664
you misunderstand, while that was talking about https, just using https isn't enough, you must also ensure the certificates that validate your https session are themselves valid
MitM is still possible with https, but they're only easy if you can fool someone into ignoring an incorrect certificate, as reading or editing an https connection requires decryption and re-encryption, and re-encrypting with the same cert is something only the intended destination's server can do (unless their private keys were stolen), hence why it's useful for verifying who someone is
>>
bought my x220 what comfy entry level distro should i get on it?
>>
>>59770664
>HTTPS proxy
It's the little things, that make this thread worth while.

No dude, he's saying that if you use secure connections on all your web pages, that goes a long way. Use the browser plugin "HTTPS Everywhere" and check for the little padlock icon next to the url in your browser whenever you're exchanging sensitive information
>>
>>59770767
and then there's this guy
the padlock just means it's encrypted (at least the main page body), it says nothing about who you're connected to
>>
>>59770739
How do I exactly check whether the certificates are valid? And assuming I have done that, is my proxy relatively safe to do a purchases with then?
>>59770767
I now downloaded that add-on, thanks
>>
>>59770831
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/How-do-I-tell-if-my-connection-to-a-website-is-secure/ta-p/1637
>>
>>59762166
Notice the date on that post is 2007. It's been awhile, things have changed since then.
https://www.hiawatha-webserver.org/manpages/hiawatha
>Hostname = <hostname>, [<hostname>, ...]
> Name(s) of the host that Hiawatha will be serving. May start with a wildcard, except the first hostname (a valid name is required in case of a 301 error). Hostname is a required field.
> Example: Hostname = www.my-domain.com, *.my-domain.com, www.some-alias.com
>EnforceFirstHostname = yes|no
> If the hostname used in the URL is not the same as the first one in the list of the Hostname setting, then Hiawatha will send a 301 redirect with that hostname.

>>59762172
At your DNS provider you should create records for MX, A, PTR, and you should create records for TXT for SPF.

>>59765131
Question was more intended for something that would require skills that include Linux, C, C++, etc,. Not a desktop support role, and already have a couple years of helpdesk mostly supporting windows systems.
>>
Instant Apps just downloaded on my phone without asking.
Is this really google's doing?
>>
>>59770866
if the cert is valid, then it's usually safe
you can only fake a valid cert by either;
- compromise a trusted CA to create a new technically-valid cert for that domain
- steal the key used to encrypt traffic from the destination web server
both are pretty unlikely
>>
>>59771037
(oh, not to say both haven't happened before, they have)
>>
>>59771037
>>59771051

Yeah, like the megafuckup symantic just did
>>
File: proxy.png (3KB, 240x27px) Image search: [Google]
proxy.png
3KB, 240x27px
>>59771037
So if it looks like this I'm probably good? No other check I should do?
I feel like I missed something as to why a free proxy is bad then, because I'm getting this Secure thing with one right now. It's not 100% but quite unlikely as you said for anything to happen, right?
>>
I opened Youtube through a VPN, with no cookies and having both ublock and umatrix enabled, and it still had my language by default instead of English. How the fuck is that possible? Is it some browser setting? (I use nightly). How could it know what language to set?
>>
>>59771135
keep in mind many sites rely on third parties to do the actual purchases, such as paypal
a valid cert on amazon.co.jp doesn't mean the connection to paypal you get when finalizing something will be valid as well, they're different domains
>>
>>59771196
Is confirming that as simple as going on Paypal, logging out, activating the proxy and seeing if it's still secure?
>>
>>59771159
when you install firefox, you either download the version in your language, or you use one picked for you based on the language of the browser you used to download it
your language is reported by the browser

check out
https://panopticlick.eff.org
if you're curious what your browser is telling servers
>>
File: 1472503732311.png (72KB, 429x374px) Image search: [Google]
1472503732311.png
72KB, 429x374px
>>59771272
This is how you know
>>
>>59762138
Best lightest laptop to use for typing notes in libraries and archives?
>>
File: pp.png (23KB, 290x337px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
23KB, 290x337px
>>59771329
How did you open this window? It looks like this for me when I click on it
>>
>>59771272
just check that any page you go to, where you're doing sensitive stuff (entering login details, being logged in, entering personal details, entering credit card info, and so on, anything that is unique to you), that;
- you have no unencrypted connections
- every encrypted connection has a valid cert
- you use a trustworthy browser, using at least a clean profile when dealing with money is a good idea
>>
>>59771340
acer chromebooks
>>
>>59771360
chrome hides away cert information, for fuck knows what reason
https://www.howtogeek.com/292076/how-do-you-view-ssl-certificate-details-in-google-chrome/

captcha: banks electrical
>>
>>59771360
Use firefox instead of botnet browser
>>
>>59770906
>At your DNS provider you should create records for MX, A, PTR, and you should create records for TXT for SPF.
I misunderstood the results on mxtoolbox. It's actually ProtonMail who fucked up:
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=smtp%3a185.70.40.18&run=networktools

Thanks anyway.
>>
File: 730242-001[1].jpg (27KB, 356x250px) Image search: [Google]
730242-001[1].jpg
27KB, 356x250px
How do i remove this blue plastic thingy?

Thanks in advance
>>
File: 1486416762422.png (23KB, 410x195px) Image search: [Google]
1486416762422.png
23KB, 410x195px
>>59771400
Ah. It says safe there but 3 failed elements or something appear at the bottom that look a bit weird when I run the proxy
Is this normal?
>>
>>59771588
failed connections might break the page, but can't harm you privacy-wise
>>
>>59762138
The Chrome OS Keepod, yay or nay?
>>
>http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-X550ZA-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00YR6BMOQ
Is there anything that's as good and as cheap, but not Asus? I want something that just multitasks better than my toaster notebook. Or could emulate stuff just fine on Dolphin.
>>
>>59771605
Well what I thought was weird are the urls themselves, is "t.paypal" with the t letter the front legit? Or what is nexus.ensighten?
>>
File: joy2key[1].png (30KB, 503x128px) Image search: [Google]
joy2key[1].png
30KB, 503x128px
So I have a third party controller for my PC and WIndows recognizes it fine, but certain games don't recognize it at all and others do

I know it has something to do with Xinput and Directinput, but I dont really know what else

I know I can use a program like JOytokey to emulate keyboard controls for games that are difficult, but I want to know if there's a better program, like one that I dont always have to launch and then close after the game starts. Is there a better program that can "associate" with a shortcut so it launches and closes when the game launches and closes?

Bsaically if you know any cleaner alternatives for using a controller on PC for games that arent supported natively, Id like to know as it is a bit bothersome to always have to open J2k and choose the profile and then start the game and then close the game and then remember to close J2k everytime
>>
>>59771632
the t in "t.paypal.com" is a subdomain, subdomains are legit
what you want to look out for is something like "tpaypal.com", that's a different domain, and probably not legit
no idea who ensighten is, but third party connections are common, if you trust the first party, then that'll also mean you trust whoever they connect to
>>
are there any alternatives to teamviewer? preferably free
>>
>>59771705
depends what you're using teamviewer for
>>
>>59771712
remote desktop
>>
Is it possible to install programs onto external drives? Trying to see if I can install hypervisor onto an external SATA connected via one of those USB docks
>>
>>59771722
as in managing a personal, remote machine?
ssh
vnc over ssh
or rdp (over ssh)
>>
>>59771761
yeah, i bought laptop and sometimes im too lazy to stand up from bed and check whats happening on my pc
>>
>>59771705
V N C
N
C
>>
>>59771787
AIT
I
T
>>
I want to know how well Windows 10 utilizes 16+GB of ram.
How much ram is left unused when you have so much? Do a screenshot of the task manager on the memory page.
>>
>>59771283
Took a look and it seems to display the language as part of the browser fingerprint. I already tried blocking the canvas but it didn't work. Out of ideas. Can't disable javascript because otherwise everything breaks. Fuck. I hate when this shit happens.
>>
>>59771699
Gotcha. Thanks for all the replies. Time to put my newfound knowledge into action (read: lose all my money hehe).
>>
>>59771692
i've successfully used x360ce for a couple games
on linux you can also use xboxdrv to emulate a 360 controller using any generic one
>>
>>59771782
oh, if it's just over LAN, plain vnc will do fine
vnc by itself isn't encrypted, but that's only a problem if you're going over the internet

check out tightvnc, install it as a service on your pc, then you can connect to it from your laptop and view/control the console whenever
>>
>>59771840
ill check that out, thanks
>>
Are the Romer-G switches a meme or are they actually good?
Also red somewhere they feel like membrane, is that true?
>>
>>59771907
np
ps. a neat thing about it being a service, is that it's available even on the login screen, so you can do things like log out and log in as another user, without losing your remote access
>>
So I lost my Windows 7 key that was on the bottom of my laptop, it's completely unreadable (it's almost 5 years old now), I bought it in a foreign country and probably won't be able to get support for it and I want to downgrade from Windows 10 to 7 again, what's a Windows 7 unlocker that won't give me a rootkit or whatever? And where can I download an unmodified ISO from Microsoft without the serial key?
>>
>>59772019
You can get both of those things off any public tracker, piratebay, kat and Torrentz being my go-tos
Dazloader is the unlocker you want desu
>>
Is Vega a full new lineup or is it just one high-end card?
>>
>>59772019
>what's a Windows 7 unlocker that won't give me a rootkit or whatever?
dazloader, removewat, microsoft toolkit
i personally prefer removewat on windows 7
>where can I download an unmodified ISO
just torrent it and check it's hash it's correct
>>
what company should I use for hosting, is hostgator any good?
>>
i'm getting pictures from an api and putting them in picture boxes but it takes a while to load them all (there's about 20), would it help to use multi-threading to load the urls in?
>>
This is all hypothetic, asking for a friend, etc,
If I accidentaly saved an image I absolutely do not want to have in my PC, I understand that even if you delete t, it stays in your PC and you have to get a special program to delete the data on the hrd disk.
But what if you open the pic in paint, bucket it all in black and save the image?
Would the data in te hard disk be ovewritten?
>>
>>59770906
>EnforceFirstHostname
Fug, I never noticed that option. Thanks.
>>
>>59772135
RamNode.
>>
>>59772200
The child porn is likely still in your browser cache.
>>
File: 1432310026582-0.jpg (111KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1432310026582-0.jpg
111KB, 478x640px
ok guys, I've been trying to fix this since monday

I got an external hard drive, 2TB western digital
I want to remove files from it but none of the menus, when exploring that disk only, has the delete option.
I went and checked options and it displays everything is on order and I'm the owner with full powers, but if I go deeper into the set ownership menus it shows that something like S-1-5-21-2532414etc is the owner
so I go lower and set myself as an owner except that can't be done because now the drive is apparently protected against writing. I've been trying to enable writing but I can since I'm not an owner and so I'm stuck in a loophole and I don't know how to fix this.

I wanted to remove only some files so if possible I'd like to avoid erasing the drive completely
>>
>>59772278
I already knew about the cache, but what I wanted to know if modifying an image would overwrite the location were it's saved on the hard disk.
>>
>>59772200
if teh program 'overrides' the image by saving a new copy and deleting the previous one then no. there is no guarantee that the source image is deleted.
>>
I am a paranoid bitch that wants to use Tor for the explicit purpose of hiding my browsing history from my ISP. I'm only going to use it to watch legal porn and browse 4chan. Other than that I have no security concerns (that I know of)

Can I still use google chrome for my email and regular browsing and can I have them both open at the same time? I know not to use one for the other.
>>
>>59772369
The more you use the hard disk, the less likely it can ever be recovered.

So...

Keep writing to disk.
>>
>>59768687
Is there sonething wrong in mixing 2 different RAM sticks?

One is a Kingston HyperX 8GB and the other will be a generic Kingston 8GB stick.

Do i need the exact same for Dual channel to work?
>>
Is upgrading from a Phenom II X2 to a used X4 worth $33?
>>
>>59772019
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>59772369
That's not a reliable way to do it, and the answer is different on an HDD vs SSD. There are many utilities out there that allow you to secure erase all the free space on an HDD, although it takes a while.
>>
>>59772395
If you care, don't use chrome. Also you can't into 4chan over Tor unless you have a pass, which tends to defeat the point. Tor isn't worth it for most people/situations.
>>
>>59772376
>>59772442
>>59772528
Well thanks. I'll be bleaching my hard disk now. Cheers.
>>
I have a folder with images that are named after the date they were taken in MDY format (e.g. 04062016.png). Is there any way to sort them chronologically by these dates in explorer in Windows? It doesn't work when sorting by name because of the format since the year comes last.
>>
>>59762138
My Moto G 2nd Gen. 8gb is running out of internal space, I have extended it with a 32gb micro SD but that cannot store apps.

Its internal storage is 5.51GB, 5.12 is being used, but Apps are only 1.79GB.

I have deleted cached data.

It may be noteworthy to mention it's only Android 6.0, not 6.0.1
>>
>>59772545
thanks, I know that chrome is kind of shitty when it comes to privacy but I don't use any kind of social media, only emails. I'm mostly concerned with just hiding shit from my ISP.
That said, should I switch to Mozilla anyways?
>>
how do i concat multiple audio files and 1 image into a mp4 h264 video
>>
>>59772596
Try "uninstalling" system apps by resetting them to their factory state. Saved about a gig on my moto g. It was a good phone except for the low memory for my taste, but I had to switch to a newer Samsung phone after I broke the digitizer or whatever in the screen.

>>59772700
Chrome should be a non issue for hiding stuff from your ISP, although it's a botnet in general. If you're concerned about your privacy Firefox is a good start but there may be other options out there. As long as you're not doing anything illegal your ISP probably doesn't care about what you do, and even then they probably won't give a damn. I'd just chill out senpai.

>>59772817
Video editing software. I'm pretty sure even the shitty free Microsoft one can do stuff like this, although I'd just pirate premiere at that point
>>
>>59772840
i don't use windows
and it'd take a few hours for FCPX to render it
>>
>>59762138
Sup /g/, what am4 motherboard should i pick to use with 3200 mhz ram?
>>
I try to use different passwords for most of my different online accounts in order to be more secure. But sometimes i have trouble remembering them. Should i use a password manager? Is it secure? And if i use a password manager, which one is the best and not a bontnet?
>>
File: 1491337723810.png (382KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
1491337723810.png
382KB, 1200x815px
>>59772840
>Try "uninstalling" system apps by resetting them to their factory state.

How do I do that senpai?
>>
Why does Debian suck?
>>59772510
>>
>>59773089
You can do this through the app manager in settings or through the app list in Google Play if I remember correctly.
Also thanks for the picture, although I don't save them desu
>>
what's a decent music player that's portable, i.e. i can just put a .exe in an usb drive and it'll work?
>>
>>59773080
It really doesn't matter. Use lastpass if you're ok with online, use keepass if you want locally managed
>>
I'm on a mac, and the default application to open webms is firefox. When I try to change this to mpv, I get the "can't open due to unidentified developer" error message. I followed some tutorial online and now I can have the default video player be mpv for some files... How do I make it so that mpv always opens any webm?
>>
>>59773142
foobar2000, install in portable mode to your USB drive
>>
>>59773131
I've decided just to back things up and do a total factory reset.
>>
>>59772700
Yeah, firefox is reasonably light these days, and they're finally getting their shit together on a lot of the under-the-hood stuff. Addons are a little bit rocky right now, but when the dust settles they should be better than they've ever been, plus they might actually get around to supporting chrome pluggins naively like they've been wanting to for a long time.
>>
I'm trying to install Slackware via a USB stick. I've noticed that there isn't an live media option in the source media selection part of the installation, so I tried to install from a FTP/HTTP server. but I don't know what to do from there. Is there a link or something for the server in question that I have to write?
>>
>>59773254
Right click the file, click "get info", and somewhere towards the bottom of the window that pops up you can change the default program for that file, and there's an option below that to change it for all files of that type.
>>
Should I block port 80 to my website in order to completely disable http?

People should get redirected, but maybe I should just go all the way.
>>
Which is better, screenfetch or linuxlogo?
>>
>>59773678
This worked marvelously! Thanks!
Semi-related, but do you know how I can change the icon/thumbnail from the kind of ugly one in pic-related to the mpv logo?
>>
>>59762138
What's a good, free e-mail host that's located outside the US?
>>
>>59773789
Protonmail.
>>
>>59773767
hmm, changing the default program should have changed the icons too. you might need to restart in order for it to update the icon cache.
>>
>>59764496
Satellite internet is pretty fucking expensive. If you have someone that lives fairly close by you and has internet you can set up some parabolic antennas.

>>59764676
pfsense?
>>
>>59771522
Dremel.
>>
>>59773837
Restarting my computer and Finder didn't seem to have any effect. I could probably just write a script that changes the icons, though, so if it doesn't work I can just do that
>>
>>59773080
Piece of paper.
>>
>>59773316
Whatever works for you. Good luck and thanks for the update senpai.
>>
>>59773830
Seconding.
>>
>>59773954
No worries, thank you senpai.
>>
where can i download photoshop for free?
>>
>>59773954
It worked senpai! You saved me upgrading to a new phone. Thank you!
>>
>>59774272
Deep Web
>>
>>59774280
No problem senpai. Glad I could help ^^;
>>
File: 1243242342.png (8KB, 385x126px) Image search: [Google]
1243242342.png
8KB, 385x126px
hey /g/
Is there a way to view the data which is in my browser cache. Like pictures ?
>>
>have an HMDI/DVI screen.
>want to play super smash bros melee (gamecube).
Should I buy a Wii with backward compatibility or a gamecube ?
What adapter should I use for lowest possible lag ?

(Yes I know it would be cheaper with a computer.)
>>
On GPU benchmarks in reviews, they always tell you the resolution and preset setting. But they almost never say what MSAA is set to. Is it usually turned off?
>>
>>59774512
Buy a PVM for $50.
Or a Trinitron CRT.
>>
File: serveimage.png (13KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
13KB, 300x165px
Why did they rip off Fight Club?
I mean, it would've still been a good show even if they didn't rip off Fight Club
>>
I want to get into PC building, but I'm not sure if I should stick with my HP Compaq 6005 and slowly upgrade or start from scratch. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59762138
Why can't I mount my hybinated win8.1 hard drive in Opensuse? Startup is corrupted and I can't get it to boot so that I can shut it down properly and I need some important files off it.
>>
Should I allow my NAS rated HGST hard drives to sleep? PC runs 24/7
>>
>>59774688
That depends on what settings the preset in the particular game uses
>>59774875
What the fuck do you mean? How did they rip off?
>>
I've just installed Antergos and it runs wonderful, but when I was installing I accidentally set the system language as the keyboard layout, now the system language is the same as the keyboard layout, So, how do I change it? No, I'm not a pajeet
>>
>>59762155
Grammophone
>>
File: 71ald5TOsKL._SL1280_.jpg (206KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
71ald5TOsKL._SL1280_.jpg
206KB, 1280x853px
Can pic related can be powered with a standard PSU?
Dell 576202-001
>>
>>59774966
What the fuck is a standard PSU?
>>
>>59774939
>What the fuck do you mean? How did they rip off?
Have you seen the whole first season? I mean, I'm really enjoying the show but they kind of copied Fight Club. They even used that Pixies song
>>
>>59774966
What is that, an 18 pin and 10 pin connector? I don't think so...
>>
>>59774966
That's a lot of RAM
>>
File: file.png (269KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
269KB, 650x488px
>>59775014
All the PSU i've seen have 20+4 pin or/and 4pin connectors, but this mobo have only a 8 pin and 12 pin connectors
>>
>>59775095
I see an 8, 10, and 18 pin connector
>>
Lets say someone posted an image in discord chat and removed it after 1 secound. Is the image saved to my browser cache ?
>>
What is Turbolan and is it actually useful?
>>
i was about 80% of the way into a torrent download and it got an error because i accidentally put it on the wrong drive with not enough space, and had to delete the torrent, but not the file.

is there any way to use the same exact torrent with the already existing data? i'm using deluge, and choosing the storage to where the files are doesn't seem to be working, it just makes a new folder. it's like a 3 day download so i'd like to not have to do it all over again
>>
Are there good steps to diagnose what's wrong with a laptop? My laptop can't boot from anything (HDD, USB, CD/DVD). I'm able to access the BIOS and it sees the memory. When I boot it gets stuck on the Toshiba logo but if I change the order to boot from a USB it passes the logo but hangs at a frozen underline cursor. What should I do?
>>
>>59775214
Is Secureboot on?
UEFI on?

Turn both off.
>>
>>59775208
Just point to the new location where the data is stored
>>
>>59775224
Both UEFI and Secure Boot are off and I'm using AHCI instead of Compatibility in the BIOS
>>
>>59775241
Remove the HDD and try to boot from a Linux USB.
>>
>>59775257
That's what I'm currently trying but it doesn't work still a black screen after Toshiba logo
>>
>>59775225
what?
>>
>>59775284
when I boot from a Linux USB without the HDD. I see the Toshiba logo but after that I get a black screen
>>
can someone lend me a hand in order to fix mis aligned audio tracks in video files? downloaded 100 files that need to be fixed. how can i do this with ffmpeg?
>>
Does an LTSB 1703 (Creators Update) exist already? I wish to update from 1607.
>>
I have a 1600MHz RAM in my build, what would happen if i add a 1333MHz stick?
>>
>>59775457
It wouldn't boot.
>>
What's a good lightweight firewall?
>>
>>59775497
iptables.
>>
I know this gets asked all the time; but I want to get a laptop for college.
Something light, fast, etc.
I'm looking to spend around $500.
I like the Asus zenbooks, but they're a little pricy.
What's a good choice in that price range?
>>
>>59775566
What are you going to do on it?

Because for most stuff, everyone will tell you get a used $100-200 Thinkpad and put a $80-100 SSD on it.
>>
I have an old WRT54G router. I want to extend the range of it by about 30 feet.

I have read about installing new firmware on these routers. Will that firmware allow me to increase the power consumption and signal strength of the router and get more range? I only need a little bit further than what it can already do.
>>
>>59775603
I'm not going to lie it won't be anything intense and $100 Thinkpad would probably work, but I tend to overdo things with thechnology to sort of future-proof myself.
Something that five years from now will still boot up quick and won't get hung up loading anything.
>>
What are some good vpns? I am currently looking at NordVPN and TunnelBear. Are those good or botnet?
>>
Every 2 hours or so an svchost process comes up and hogs like 12 CPU and causes my CPU temps to rise by like 7 degrees or so.

The process can be killed with no consequences. Any way I can figure out what's causing this so I can just prevent it from happening at all?
>>
>>59775624
So a Thinkpad with a SSD again.

Unless you do something different in 5 years it will be enough.
>>
>>59775708
Probably just telemetry being sent to the NSA. Can't really do shit since you've opted in for a botnet (Windows).
>>
Can someone make a new thread?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>59775968
>>59775968
>>59775968
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.