[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utilizing A Stepper Motor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Stepper.jpg (4MB, 3883x3553px) Image search: [Google]
Stepper.jpg
4MB, 3883x3553px
Hey /g/, recently I took apart an old copy machine that I found and one of the things I got out of it was this stepper motor. I'm definitely not an electronics expert, but I've been trying to learn more and get into tinkering recently.

How would I go about utilizing this motor, and the 5 pin connector? I have a raspberry pi I can use as a controller but how do I go about connecting the two? Also can anyone tell me what the pins are for based on the labels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>59727829
most stepper motors from my experience only have 4 wires but its possible that the stepper motor you have is different. first step would probably be to figure out the model of the stepper motor along with the wire configuration of the pins. what I can tell you though is that most stepper motors work with PWM so once you you figure out the correct pin you just send a high and low current through it to. though i recommend getting a motor controller to make your life easy in terms of setting direction, and the type of PWM that you want to send.
>>
>>59729391
Well I was assuming since the motor is already attached to a circuit board, wouldn't that most likely already be a motor controller of some kind, or am I wrong?
>>
>>59729634
Nah you're right so my best advice would be to see if you can find the data sheet for that motor. but if you cant find one i would recommend attach digital pins to the three pins not specified as voltage or ground and just send some rapid high and low voltages through them though i dont think a raspberry pi has a pin with 24v so you would have to find the power source for it somewhere else. but the code should be easy to implement after a few raspberry pi tutorials
>>
somewhat unrelated but if the copier came with a HDD you can photorec it to retrieve tiffs of all of the images it copied
>>
>>59729850
Well I took all the parts out of it that I could and I didn't see a hard drive. Now I'm disappointed because that would've been really cool
>>
>>59729849
Alright cool man thank you, I'll try to find some sort of data sheet for it, although I was briefly looking around the company's website and it didn't look too promising because it's a pretty old part.
>>
>>59727829

You need a driver for it, for example a Pololu module with an Allegro A4988 chip which are often used in 3D printers, they're only a buck or two.
>>
>>59727829
>uploads jpg
>3.62MB
for fuck sake.
>>
File: large.jpg (229KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
229KB, 500x451px
>>59727829
This thread is better suited for >>>/diy/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.