[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 44

File: 1469135080572.jpg (42KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1469135080572.jpg
42KB, 500x497px
Old Thread: >>59631412

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Questions that dont deserve their own threads
Take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
So, is this bubble sort and sums all primes below 2 million thing just a meme or will some retard HR person actually make me do it?

I have been learning c++ and i have everything else done expect the bubble sort.
Seems like it would be a retarded idea to make someone do this on a white board.
>>
>>59640957
if you got only that you would consider yourself lucky
its basic and not very far behind foobar
>>
File: Grandpa-Is-A-True-Gamer.jpg (50KB, 540x710px) Image search: [Google]
Grandpa-Is-A-True-Gamer.jpg
50KB, 540x710px
Just bought a 4k monitor to go with my 1080p and I'm having a whole slew of minor grievances.

Chrome scaling is fucked, the hover text is tiny, download folder browser is tiny unlike the regular explorer folders.

Also the mouse doesn't go from one screen to the other properly at all. I understand the issue but I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Any suggestions on how to make a 4k with a 2k not a really shitty experience?
>>
my aunt´s credit card was hacked and i wanna now if was from the computer

can i use some program to check it? or just pass Malwarebytes???
>>
I know we've had this before, but:

What is the best language to learn if you want to become a programmer?
By best I mean that it teaches you basic concepts that can be applied to other languages and helps you learn them quicker.
>>
>>59640879
right click your breakpoint -> conditions -> conditional expression -> on change and enter your variable
>>
What are the ways to diagnose a problem with a motherboard? It doesnt even gets to BIOS.
>>
>>59641258
forgot first.
Best first language.
>>
>>59641258
C, C++
>>
Is there a good tutorial out there to learn how to do diagrammatic modeling in LaTeX?

Or should I just give up and use yed and import the diagram I make to LaTeX?

Is it worth it to also/instead learn how to make graphs and shit in LaTeX?
>>
Is the difference between a Z170 and Z270 something I should care about?

As far as I can tell its just the Intel Optane upgrade but can't Z170 boards just bios update to use them?
>>
>>59641362
major one is that z270 makes your cabby lake cpu work out of the box
while z170 will need bios update, for which you need skylake cpu
>>
>>59641258
Doesn't matter, wouldn't recommend C/C++ as >>59641308 said, as your phrasing suggest you want to be eased into it. Java, honestly. I think it's a good starter. It's in every curriculum and then when you do switch you can bash it all you want. I just think that the lower level access can throw people off.

It more specifically comes down to who you want to be professionally. You can go with mainstays and be generally easily hired or you can try to be more esoteric and go for things like assembly but maybe not find that many openings in your area.

I had no previous coding experience when I went to college, but I think not having to think about lower level stuff and a good stack trace is what makes Java a useful learning tool.
>>
>>59641275
Beep codes if you've got a system speaker.
http://imgur.com/gallery/AzMKWa0
>>
$uptime

>
4 users
>

well, theres root, and me, has bot_net() loaded two other users on my system?
>>
File: c9fa228f2a2203d53830c7dcf9657bf4.jpg (461KB, 1247x802px) Image search: [Google]
c9fa228f2a2203d53830c7dcf9657bf4.jpg
461KB, 1247x802px
>>59640841
I asked this in the last thread but didn't get any response, so here goes:

I am considering buying a flight stick and throttle but I am largely unfamiliar with them. So I would appreciate it if someone could share a preexisting /g/ breakdown (as exists with other peripherals) if such a breakdown exists for joysticks. Failing that I would like someone knowledgeable on the subject to give me some general information that I could use as a starting point for my own research on the topic (not so much a recommendation as a things to be aware of).
>>
running Ubuntu 16.04
What is a music program that allows me to snyc my ipod classic ?
>>
File: ?.png (69KB, 366x601px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
69KB, 366x601px
Does google ties past searches and sites visited to a newly created google account if you don't delete history, change ip and delete cookies?
What if you log out of one and then log into another, are they connected or do each of them have their own tracking cookie?
>>
is there a way in visual studio to break debugging when a variable is updated? (c#)
>>
>>59641924
did you try just plugging it on?
>>
>>59641248
malwarebytes will givo you this info.
>>
I upgraded my kernel to the latest stable release. Now my Wi-Fi driver doesn't work. I made sure to install the non-free packages, not sure why it's not working.
>>
>>59640841
>Microshit Wangblows 7 Profushionul 64bit
alright, i'm trying to run a ClickOnce from a trusted source (fucking dell.com) and the faggot wont let me do it. I've already gone to Internet Options / Advanced and disabled pretty much every semi-related security feature up and down the rainbow with no success.

It worked out fine on the same machine earlier this week before installing Windows Updates, but i had to reinstall bc of BSODs and did the updates before the ClickOnce. I really dont want to do a third reinstall on my fresh SSD now.
>>
>>59642306
Edit: do I need to completely remove the drivers and reinstall them?
>>
3rd world NEET here.

I have been learning C, C++ and python since last year...how can i make a little money (200~300$ month) with those skills? thanks all!
>>
>>59642355
just look for work. C programmers are quite wanted out there.
>>
>>59642322
shoul've installed security updates only.

you can also try win10 LTSB and move on
>>
>>59642225
well yeah it connects but just wondering if there is a program like music that can sync my music
>>
>>59641272
where do i put this breakpoint? i honesly have no idea where my variable is being updated
>>
>>59641039
try windows scaling
>>
just how much shit am i getting into by using displayport to vga for my crt monitors?
>>
File: vbox_logo2_gradient.png (30KB, 140x180px) Image search: [Google]
vbox_logo2_gradient.png
30KB, 140x180px
Why doesn't this thing work with secureboot? Alternatives?
>>
Retard here.
Let's say I have an extra hard drive plugged into my computer.

I don't access it. Nothing is being written or read from this drive. OS is obviously on another drive. This drive is simply plugged in and accessible; at any time I can just go and access it while my computer is on, but I don't.

Will simply having this drive plugged in lower its life expectancy?
>>
>>59640841
I'm a noob. I'm trying to use Sublime Text 3, but I can't seem to get it working right. I want to be able to run my Python code in it, but it keeps saying REPL closed and giving me error messages. It's making me feel frustrated sexually. Please help me! PLEASE! I NEED HELP! HEEEEELLLPPP! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
File: 1.jpg (139KB, 671x479px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139KB, 671x479px
>>59642800
Whoops forgot pic. This picture describes my feelings towards my inability to rectify this conundrum.
>>
>>59642730
What the fuck. I suppose it depends on your operating system. Some systems like windows, OS X, and baby versions of Linux will try to mount the drive automatically. OS X will likely format it immediately without asking you and then software raid it into your boot system. Windows will either do it by itself and give you the extra drive, or ask you on every startup, and Linux will probably mount it and mark it as unreadable or corrupt until you format it. Either way the disk is spinning around non stop. Has to be bad for it, just not as bad as being written to and read from. Or maybe it's even worse than being written to and read from spinning all the time without stop. Either way it's still being spun which means as a general real live expectancy will be lowered. The question I don't know how to answer is by how much.
>>
>>59640841
is there a lightweight version of qubes?
>>
>>59642670
Hyper-V
VMWare
KVM
Qemu
>>
Is malwarebytes really good?
I have premium lifetime cracked key
>>
>>59642819
No, the drive is already plugged in like any other drive.
Whenever I try to access it, I can audibly hear it start to spin up. It's an older/slower drive so it's relatively loud.

Is it really always spinning just from being plugged in and accessible? Why? Why doesn't it only spin when I try to access something on it?
>>
File: aXqnoKv_460s.jpg (34KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
aXqnoKv_460s.jpg
34KB, 460x345px
What is the difference between an array and a vector?

Is this correct?
Array has the same number of elements. A vector is used dynamically.
>>
>>59642857
common sense is better
>>
>>59642730
most operating systems will idle-spindown disks that aren't being accessed after a period of time, so chances are it's not even fully powered on most of the time
it's pretty much a "cold spare", life expectancy shouldn't be much different to if it wasn't plugged in at all
>>
Is Fedora a good distro to install for someone who is learning to use Linux in a desktop scenario/dual-boot, but already has a basic understanding of Linux itself?

>inb4 interjections
>>
>>59642869
sorry, that should be hot spare
cold spare: hdd not plugged in, but ready to be if needed
hot spare: hdd that is plugged in and ready to be used, but isn't
>>
Name a better newsreader than Google Groups
Protip:You can't
>>
What are the yellow colored USB ports for?
>>
>>59642918
flym
>>
>>59642860
Genuinely do not know the answer to this. It makes sense to only turn them on when they're accessed. A more meta question would be why plug it in if you won't use it?
>>
>>59642524
you put it where you want to break when it changes.
>>
What is the fastest way to sync a directory on my NAS to an arbitrary directory on my Android phone's SD card (on the latest Android)? I tried FolderSync with Samba, but it's really slow, it takes like 6 minutes just to list around 10,000 files on the NAS, without copying anything (and it freezes a lot too on big shares). The software I use on my computer can handle that same sync in a few seconds.
Also, I need to be able to specify conflict resolution so it doesn't try to recopy a bunch of music to my phone when apps on my phone mess with the tags.

>>59643084
Yellow means it's always powered, even when the computer is off.
>>
>>59643084
powered on usb
it'll suck power from the plug even if the laptop is off
>>
>>59642046
only google knows.
>>
>>59643130
but i want it to break as soon as the variable changes, with the breakpoint at that point where the variable is updated
>>
>>59643132
>>59643143
So if I turn off my PC (leaving the power supply on of course) it will charge whatever is hooked in?
On laptops, is it going to just suck up battery life?
>>
I'm about to put Windows 10 LTSB edition on another drive, do I want to update it or just leave it unupdated? will it force itself to update?

Any extra things I need to do for privacy?
>>
>>59643171
you can't.
>>
I swear I just saw on Google 2FA app that two of the sites had the exact same code. I only have three sites on there.

What are the odds of that?
>>
>>59643181
It might only do it when connected to AC, I don't know. What I do know is that leaving it on makes my USB hard drive spin up after I shut down my laptop (even on a regular port), so I turned it off in the BIOS.
>>
Any of u know how can I qucikly transform a list like: A B C D elements each one a new line into something like char* xD[] = { "A", "B", "C" } - I NEED TO DO THIS for 2000 lines
>>
>>59643329
Another approach i tried was putting a break point on the setter of the variable, however this was never run, even when explicitly setting the variable, which is puzzling me
>>
File: 1458157307547.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1458157307547.gif
456KB, 420x315px
ZFS / Hard Drive Array Question:

Is it cheaper to buy tons of smaller capacity hard drives?... or is it cheaper to buy fewer higher capacity drives to reach the same capacity?
>>
>>59643486
% sed -r 's-^(.) (.) (.).+$-char* xD[] = { "\1", "\2", "\3" }-' <<< "A B C D"
char* xD[] = { "A", "B", "C" }
>>
>>59643380
About 1 I guess
>>
>>59643581
Do the math on the lowest price you can pay per TB for a few HDD sizes, take in account any overhead sacrificed for parity or replication too.
>>
>>59643581
more drives = more connections = more power consumption = higher electricity fees
>>
>>59643597
Now what I have a file of 2000 elements and I want to sort it out into preferred structure?
>>
>>59643644
Ah yes but it would be safer on the data. ZFS would much better rebound from a loss of 1/8th of an array than it would 1/4th from corruption or failure.
>>
in a situation with a dual gpu, rather than 2 of the same card, how is the pci-e bandwidth distributed? Do both cores share a x16 link? or is the link divided into 2 x8 links over one pci-e lane?
>>
>>59643724
There's a PCIe switch on the card, so the x16 link to the CPU is shared. The GPUs can communicate to each other without hitting the CPU though. Mobos with separate PLX switches do the same pretty much.
>>
how do you know when your hard drive is done? My macbook hard drive cable stopped working for the 3rd time and i was booting it out of external hard drive enclosure and one day I opened it up in the morning, signed in and within 10 seconds it froze. I shut it off and rebooted it and the hard drive doesn't show up anywhere now. My old hard drive still works through the enclosure, is there anything I can do ?
>>
>>59643669
More drives, more controllers, more things to fail too.
>>
>>59643756
when you start getting blue screens.
>>
Alright fa/g/s what is the difference between a laptop and a notebook? Some fag is insisting they're two distinct things, but there's really no difference, and don't say probably smaller because a minor decrease in size that doesn't make a major impact on function doesn't necessitate a whole new term.
>>
Last thread someone told me that to alleviate storing massive lossless files on my computer that I could export just my timeline in vegas pro 13 and save that portion, allowing me to delete the bulky original file.

Well I just tried it and it copied both lossless files to a folder with a bunch of other crap, leaving me with two copies of these bulky files..

Am I missing something here?

There has to be a way to keep just the minute or two I want out of a 30 minute clip, in lossless format, without rendering it.....
>>
>>59643233
ltsb only gets security updates, so updating is not an issue.
You should still disable automatic updates, which can be done through the group policy editor.
You can also limit the telemetry amount a notch lower than any other version (down to security instead of basic).

You can try running one of those privacy scripts, but I don't think you really need to. ltsb is basically safe.
>>
File: 1489443921920.jpg (19KB, 348x321px) Image search: [Google]
1489443921920.jpg
19KB, 348x321px
Why is people obsessed with their facebook page getting hacked? Isn't that impossible at the time? Facebook Sucker-berg wouldn't hire noobs on his network security department amirite?
>>
>>59643801
blank white screen on start up ?
>>
>>59643751
ah ok. i had forgotten about the gpu being able to cross communicate. Good deal
>>
>>59643824
na, they're the same thing
>>
>>59643631
>in two continuously changing sequences of six numbers that happen to be the same when I'm looking
>chances are 1
Are you even trying? Here's your (You) regardless.
>>
>>59643853
ye
https://www.darkcoding.net/software/facebooks-code-quality-problem/
>>
>>59643861
yeah, it's busted.
Also why the hell are you still using hard drives on your laptops? Slap a 240gb SSD on that shit.
>>
>>59641362
this shit is listed on Intels website in an easy to read comparison if you just google z170 vs z270, literally the first fucking result.

>>59642046
yes they do.
they can but not sure if they do, most likely yes.

>>59642730
every time you start and shut down the PC you reduce the lifespan a little, but it's so damn little you dont have to care about it.

>>59642857
it's pretty good.

>>59642860
Windows default settings will turn off the drive after some time if you dont access it.
But the only benefit of this is that you save one cent on your electricity bill.
If you access the drive a couple times per day it's better to change power settings so it's always on so it doesnt have to spin up/down between access which theoretically makes it last longer.
However, if you NEVER use the drive, just fucking unplug it from the PC.

>>59643233
LTSB only gets actual security updates.
There's almost no telemetry on it so you should not have to change any of that.

>>59643581
take total price and divide by GB for both alternatives and you have the answer yourself.

>>59643756
if you cant use the drive or the pc, it's fucked.
if files get corrupted or you cant access something, it's fucked.
if it gets super slow or freeze, it's fucked.
pretty simple when you think about it.

>>59643848
these anti telemetry things still cant completely disable it because that shit runs on kernel level. only way to detect if it's still sending shit is to monitor network activity.
>>
Gotta ask once again in hopes someone can help me here.

So I got a Moto G4 with android N updated through OTA. I check multiple places and it's not exactly clear whether I can, after doing this update, unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP and put a ROM on it like Lineage OS.

Does anyone have the G4 and can confirm it's no issue to just tamper with this thing after having officially updated to 7.0?
>>
>>59643911
yeah its the mid 2012 model so I upgraded to a 250gb ssd and that is the one that stopped working
>>
>>59643951
>>59643848
I feel like there was something I heard about Win10 LTSB getting more "intrusive" updates starting march

did I hear wrong?
>>
>>59644017
You probably heard wrong. The whole point of LTSB is that it's free of all the MS store app bullshit and features, and that it has minimal telemetry because it's supposed to be used in terminals and shit that needs the best long term stability. It even gets the security updates slower than the other versions of windows.
>>
>>59642462
>ltsb
isnt that enterprise only?
>>
>>59644173
yes.
It's enterprise 2015/2016 ltsb.
>>
>>59644173
yes but you can download the evaluation copy of enterprise and install LTSB and use it forever unactivated, or just get the toolkit to activate it.
>>
>>59640841
I want to backup tons of files in my computer. Music, documents, images, etc. It's better to just drag the folders or use a backup tool? I'm stupid when it comes to this.
>>
>>59644281
depends.

a tool can continuously update any changes incrementally for you automatically so you dont have to drag and drop and overwrite/skip files manually.
>>
File: plsHelp().png (18KB, 1483x186px) Image search: [Google]
plsHelp().png
18KB, 1483x186px
I tried using request parameters nothing, request body with body parser nothing. This function doesn't see the req.params nor req.body, not until callback function... This is driving me crazy!!
>>
>>59644328
Thanks. But If I'm backing up only once, those methods don't differ much, right?

I want to format my HD, but I don't want to lose my stuff. So I'm backing the stuff to an external HD and after formatting I'm putting it all back in my computer.
>>
>>59644388
you can just drag everything over
>>
>>59644401
Thank you!
>>
>>59644410
no problem c:
>>
>>59644388
yeah if you just need that, drag and drop is perfectly fine.
>>
I got a message from my chrome browser saying something like
>"we have detected unusual traffic from your network that may be in violations of our TOS"
and it asks me to enter the captcha to continue.

What's this all about?
>>
I have a 4690k and wanna get a new CPU, should I
a) stick with the 4690k for another year til prices go down.
b)get the 4790k.
c)get the 7600k and new mobo that's needed.

Poorfag, by the way.
>>
I'd like to stream to a friend to test my CPU and my temps, what should I use? Any program recommendations please?
>>
File: 1488687100031.jpg (19KB, 262x274px) Image search: [Google]
1488687100031.jpg
19KB, 262x274px
>>59643145
>>59643951
That would be a mess of data, and my whole family now likes naked 2d grills a lot it seems.
>>
>>59644483
stick with it for another year.
>>
>>59644518
>stream
if you mean stream as in twitch then obs.
>>
>>59644483
Your CPU is still good. just overclock it and stick out another year if you can still run all the things you want.
The 7600 is barely worth being called an upgrade vs what you have.

>>59644518
>>59644554
this. and if you mean something else please specify.
>>
>>59644554
>>59644575
Thanks, had the page opened actually.
>>
>>59644575
I have a Hyper 212 on it, but no idea what voltage I need for a 4.2 oc on it. And /g/ guides on OCing?
>>
>>59642860
Mine spins up the way you describe. If you are hearing it seemingly randomly then something is accessing, like a antivirus or some other application.

Simply having it plugged in will deteriorate it. The occasional spin up plus every time you boot. Remember, it's a mechanical part, they will fail and keeping it spinning, especially inconsistently will not do it favors. Whether it's significant or not I do not know. If it was in a constant data center, probably not, but at home or god forbid a laptop, not gonna not be damaged over time.
>>
>Package got stuck in "Shipment information received" for 5 hours now
So, this usually takes a lot or i just have bad luck?
>>
I'm on a fresh installation of Arch and I didn't install any DE just i3. Right now I'm connected via the 'wifi-menu' terminal command. How do I install NetworkManager from here and use the nm-applet?
>>
>>59644756
Install the packages 'networkmanager' and 'network-manager-applet'.

Then just set nm-applet to autostart with i3. It'll show up wherever you have your panel icons set to show up in i3bar.
>>
>>59641039
What OS are you running?
>>
>>59644808
Don't I need to enable it somehow? Doesn't it interfere with the packages wifi-menu uses (wpa_supplicant if I'm mistaken)?
>>
>>59644834
ah, you're right.
I vaguely remember doing that, but it's been such a long time since I installed arch that I couldn't tell you how to go about doing that.
I remember watching a youtube tutorial that went through the whole process though.
>>
>>59644643
Shipment information recieved = the seller has printed out a shipping label, but hasn't dropped off the package at the post office/the courier hasn't come to pick it up yet. 5 hours isn't anything to worry about unless you specifically paid for faster service
>>
Redpill me on usenet.
How is it an alternative to trackers?
>>
>>59644871
Amazon free shipping without prime so i guess its fine.

Im used to Amazon Mexico Primeless service where everything is 1-2 days with free shipping.
Wasn't expecting it to be that different in the US.

Thanks for clearing my doubt about what that exactly meant.
>>
>>59644877
>redpill
>>>/trash/
>>
>>59644478
It means sue Firefox
>>
>>59644877
i haven't used it in a while, but i stopped because it just wasn't worth paying for it anymore. they started doing auto dmca takedowns and ruined everything. before they started doing that it was 10x better than torrents.

usenets probably fine for auto snatching tv shows and movies before they get taken down, but you can do the same thing with torrent sites using sickrage and couch potato and you don't have to pay for it..
>>
>>59644877
it's like direct download that you pay for.
>>
>>59644916
US amazon has a lot more listings that are sold through third party sellers instead of amazon directly, if you want faster, look for listings that are either Fulfilled by Amazon or sold by Amazon directly.
>>
>>59644969
It was fulfilled by amazon.
Right now it says they will have stock starting this april 3rd tho.
But since mine is supposed to be in shipping process already i guess is unrelated to it.
>>
>>59644478
It means install Firefox.
>>
>>59644916
Prime is on Amazon Mexico now.
My purchases arrive really fast because they use DHL, but they can take ages for your order to be processed. When they ship your shit, yeah. 1-2 days.
>>
where can i buy original laptop batteries, from sotres that ship internationally?
>>
>>59644834
systemctl enable NetworkManager
systemctl start NetworkManager
>>
>>59645415
New ones? OEM stores.

Old ones? Nowhere.
>>
>>59645457
I want a new one for asus vivobook, none of the websites I ship to my country?
>>
Can I pause a Javascript function until a condition is changed, rather than pause the function for a specified time?
The problem is that there's an animation I run with recursive requestAnimationFrame, but the function that began the animation doesn't wait for the animation to finish to continue, resulting in things finishing in the wrong order.
>>
>>59640841
How do video games and software get written in multiple languages? Like "the core is written in c++ but the prefabs and ui are in lua". How do the two languages pass data to each other?
>>
>>59645527
usually, the main language creates a closed enviorment for the scripting language, publish to it some variables and keeps tracking of these.
The comunication is done through pointers in the memory, managed by the main language
>>
>>59645415
Replace the cells yourself
>>
What is the torrent tracker all the cool kids use these days?
>>
>>59645636
>>>/g/ptg
>>
Is there a way to see if an OGG Vorbis file was lossy transcoded form MP3 and not a lossless source?
>>
>>59645431
It's working. Thanks!

One more problem now, nm-applet's icon doesn't show up. I'm using i3 btw.
>>
>>59645697
spectrogram might show, but not guaranteed
>>
>>59645703
you still need to launch nm-applet yourself, the networkmanager services doesn't do that
i don't know much about i3, but see if it has a place to put programs you want to run when it starts, then place "nm-applet" in there
>>
>>59645697
Not definitively
>>
>>59645728
No you don't understand, I am running nm-applet and it's working fine, I'm connected to my house wifi. The problem is that the tray icon is blank, there is no icon.
>>
If I don't play games, should I use 480 or r9 furry X? Please consider power consumption differences between the two
>>
>>59645815
no
>>
what adblocker do you guys use?
i've been using https://getadblock.com/ but lately a ton of ads have been getting through - taboola ads that track what i've been shopping for, popup windows on porn sites, and bunch of other shit i don't want to see. even when i try to block them, they just come right back.
i want to switch, is there a /g/ approved adblocker that actually works?
>>
>>59645815
Wait for Vega.
>>
>>59645840
uBlock Origin
>>
>>59645850
This.

You should also use uMatrix.
>>
>>59645811
oh i see
most likely an icon theme or i3 issue, see if you can find similar cases
switch icon themes first to rule that out
>>
>>59645850
ublock origin is not an adblocker
>>
>>59645840
ublock with lots of 3rd party plugins
and umatrix
>>
File: mind equals blown.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mind equals blown.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>59645871
You better explain yourself in extreme detail.
>>
>>59645840
ublock origin + umatrix

>>59645871
>>59645895
>inb4 "it only hides them" meme
>>
File: 1488109276862.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
1488109276862.png
23KB, 212x172px
Gelbooru is full of ads again even with ublock origins.
Any weeb here can help?
>>
>>59645895
>uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, various lists of malware sites, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.
t. the ublock origin github page
>>
>>59645864
It was the icon theme, I switched to a different one and it worked. Thanks anon :3
>>
>>59645918
Gelbooru is doing some shady shit with ads but sure.
Give me 2 minutes.
>>
>>59645925
So it's an adblocker + some more shit.
>taking the word of the dev as gospel
>not thinking for yourself
>arguing semantics
>>
>>59645918
umatrix
>>
>>59645845
One thing I learned with AMD is they will release v1 with little testing. Rev 2s are pretty alright so that'll be a long time
>>
>>59645925
>Autisticly pointing out the difference between = and ≅
>>
>>59645918
||gelbooru.com/thumbnails/0A/*-*_**.*$image
gelbooru.com###paginater
gelbooru.com###nup > a[href^="http://gelbooru.com/redirect.php"]
||gelbooru.com/*.webm$important
||gelbooru.com/backend_loader.php$script,first-party,important

uBlock Origin settings>My Filters>Copy and paste that
If you still see ads post a example.
>>
>>59645946
They are hosting the ads themselves so they're not detected as ads but another image in the site.
>>
>>59645918
anti-adblock killer by reek
https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer
>>59645944
>>taking the word of the dev as gospel
that's your assumption
I am thinking for myself
and my statement of fact is not an argument
>>
>>59645984
use the report feature in ublock and try enabling more 3rd party filters

>>59645999
if it's a wide-spectrum blocker that blocks ads, it's an ad-blocker.
like the other anon said, semantics.
>>
>>59645850
>>59645859
>>59645882
thanks so much boys. already i can already this is way better.
i downloaded umatrix, but i'm pretty tech illiterate and am not entirely sure what it does. it broke the google capcha so i had to disable it to post this.
>>
>>59646133
Click it.
Then click what it should let load and what it shouldn't.

It will break a good amount of sites.
>>
>>59646078
blocks ads is different than ad-blocker, since the later implies purpose. If you call BitTorrent an "illegal-content-sharing-protocol" instead of "... that can also be used to share things illegally" since the distiction between 'can do' and 'is for' is important, factually.
>>
>>59646133
look for the little numbers and allow the ones you need, versus the entire bar
>>
>>59646161
>since the distiction between 'can do' and 'is for' is important, factually.
not in this case. semantics.

>>59646133
main use is to stop sites loading shit from other websites (like ads or tracking or other content). you can enable only the parts you need/want on each website. stops the rest from eating up your resources and slowing shit down.

you can also disable elements on each website that you dont want.
>>
>>59646258
>b-but this is an exception!
not an argument
>>
How would I go about putting pixels on the screen using X Window System.
>>
File: 1489172200193.png (7KB, 152x154px) Image search: [Google]
1489172200193.png
7KB, 152x154px
Need some help really badly.

My Nexus 5 (6.0.1) doesn't pop up as folder anymore on my PC when I connect it per USB. I did change to MTP file transfer on the phone (though there's a weird bug or something that automatically selects Charging whenever I reconnect the cable, even though the default is set to MTP) but even after that it still does not pop up. The "driver installed" thing pops up in the notification bar too, but under devices it looks like pic related. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it I'd appreciate it a lot.
>>
It's a network connection issue I'm having.

New install of Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell XPS 8300 I picked up for cheap.

Network Controller + Ethernet Controller can't update drivers, so Ethernet cord isn't able to get me an internet connection. Linux Mint via flash drive boot works fine on ethernet connection.

Steps taken:
Updated BIOS
Updated chipset
Updated network driver (Broadcom BCM57788 Ethernet Controller Driver)
Uninstalled the drivers then restarted computer

Specs:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e2e8b621034ebe5d39d0fcd950dd9e46

Need help /g/uys, all is appreciated. Hope I kept it simple enough to show my steps taken and shit.
>>
uMatrix makes YouTube videos load forever. How do I fix this without disabling it for the whole site?
>>
>>59646352
watch videos with a media player instead of streaming it
>>
>>59646281
>b-b-b-but dev says its a wide blocker not specifically an ad blocker!
fuck off autist.

>>59646315
Where did you get the network driver from?
>>
>>59646367
Dell's site
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/j5d6qn1/drivers/advanced?DCP=DNDTAG
>>
>>59646352
try disabling dash playback (there's an addon)
>>
What software should I install on my PC if I want to determine whether a game is mainly CPU or GPU bottlenecked?
>>
Firefox or Watefox?

What advantages/disadvantages from one over the other one?
>>
>>59646367
Sorry, wrong link
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-8300/drivers/advanced
>>
>>59646367
>t. literally incapable of coming up with an argument
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 660x330px
Anons familiar with 4chax...

Is it possible to filter a flag (like Brazil) but only if the user says a certain word?

For example, Brazil user spams the word tsu on /sp/. Is there's a way to filter him but not Brazilians who dont say it?
>>
>>59646388
No such thing. Google reviews that test the game with different hardware or just look at the minimum/recommended specs.

>>59646378
Can you specify what you mean by "Network Controller + Ethernet Controller can't update drivers" ? How are you trying to update them exactly? Manually by device manager? Running the driver EXE you downloaded? Try each way.
Can you get internet access to the device another way to try running windows update to see if it can get drivers for you?
>>
>>59646527
>No such thing

Are you retarded?

>>59646388
HWinfo64 should do the trick
>>
>>59642863
No answered this?

Yes, but it's a little vague. An array has a fixed size. A vector is a dynamically resizing array. When a vector reaches capacity, it's resized. How this is done is left to the implementation. It may double in size. Or it may just increase by five slots.
>>
Are air purifiers a meme or are they worth it?
>>
My keyboard sometimes don't recognize a keystroke, or will recognize it only when I finish pressing the key, and then it will act as if it was being pressed. Is it possible for this to be a software problem? It's a HP laptop keyboard.
>>
is there a way stop the browser loading css style sheets?
>>
>>59646774
sounds more like the hardware key itself is glitching.
>>
File: what.png (28KB, 319x457px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
28KB, 319x457px
>>59646527
Those are the 2 devices in the Device Manager.

Tried with device manager (had the exe via flash drive) and manually as well, both didn't work. Will see if getting an ethernet -> USB adapter will work, but I don't have access to a car for a little while.
>>
File: 1488494915784.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488494915784.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>59640841
Why are mouse-pads black white surfaces reflect more light and hence easier on the eyes of the mouse's sensor?
>>
So I just built my first pc and it all works great, however, is the CAM software by NZXT reliable? I got a warning alarm to say the cpu was at 80°C but as soon as the cpu load drops the temperature follows within seconds. I cross checked it against Speedfan which showed temps in the 40s. I ran a few stress tests and again Speedfan gives me 47 under load but CAM is 81
>>
>>59646845
Oh, thanks anon.
>>
>>59646859
try installing everything on the download page

>>59646867
what is CAM by NZXT? temp monitor? just get OpenHardwareMonitor instead.
>>
>>59646916
It's the software for any of the NZXT liquid coolers (kraken etc)
>>
>>59646939
does your shit actually reach 80c? then you have a different problem
>>
>>59646916
Trying that now, I'll update in a bit.
>>
>>59646867
Use the sensors from HWiNFO64. Out of everything I tried I found those to be the most reliable.
>>
>>59640841
How hard would it be to guess/brute force a password if you know it's a misspelling of a different password, but you aren't sure which letter you got wrong.

I somehow managed to misspell the password to a Coinb.in wallet twice and sent some money to it. The password I entered is relatively simple: 14 lowercase characters. I figure it's still a pretty huge number of attempts, but something manageable if I account for the fact that the only possible entries for a certain letters are the 4-6 letters adjacent to it.
>>
What does win10 creator's update "gaming mode" actually fucking do?
>>
>>59647069
Thanks. I just tried it and it was showing temps in the 70s which is consistent with 3/4 sensors I've tried so far. I wonder if I have the cooler fitted incorrectly.
Still, I'm confused as to why once I stopped the cpu test, the temperature instantly went down to 30 and the fan speed cut right back.
>>
>>59647105
quite easy

>>59647106
disable background shit and give it higher priority or something
>>
>>59646916
Put all the .exes in the documents folder, restarted for safety, and internet turned on. Didn't even install the drivers. Thanks for the help anyway anon.
>>
>>59647323
Really? You're not just fucking with me right? I figure even I could write a solution to it.
>>
>>59647421
It probably does some more shit but pretty sure it does that aswell.
>>
>>59647245
Use said program to tell me how much vcore your motherboard is sending to your CPU. Ignore the "VID", it's useless. What you want is vCore. Tell me the maximum value.
>>
File: TV.jpg (168KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
TV.jpg
168KB, 550x440px
What is the best 1080P 48"-55" TV on the market?
>>
File: dsahaff.gif (4MB, 727x810px) Image search: [Google]
dsahaff.gif
4MB, 727x810px
Can i get a thin client to be always listening to a server and displaying whatever it is streaming?.

I need to get several displays to stream from a server, currently using some shitty media players and Zip Disquettes, which need to be replaced every morning for new material and it is quite a chore because some displays are horribly out of reach.
>>
File: 20170329_212617.jpg (471KB, 1439x1204px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_212617.jpg
471KB, 1439x1204px
Building my first PC here, and I have everything picked out on PCPartPicker. What's up with case fans? Theyre listed under accessories, so are they non essential? How do I know if I need them? Do I need to buy thermal compound too, or does it come included with something? Did I fuck up anything else in my build?
>>
File: chrispoole20121-640x480[1].jpg (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chrispoole20121-640x480[1].jpg
148KB, 640x480px
I've got a BinaryTree class in Java with the methods insert, to add a node,
getleft
and
getright
to return the leftmost and rightmost value in the tree, as well as a getvalue method
Now this might sound stupid, but I've created a test class and added a few values, but how would I print out some of the values or assert that my binary tree is correct?
>>
>>59647563
A not-TV.

>>59647623
>>>/g/pcbg
>>
>>59647623
You'll regret that i5. Go i7 or Ryzen.
>>
>>59646419
Waterfox is just a compile from source using 64 bit libs
No other difference that I know of
>>
>>59646843
>custom style sheet style sheets
turn off javacript?
>>
>>59647617
>Can i get a thin client to be always listening to a server and displaying whatever it is streaming?.
yea, super simple
just have it run a script with runs a media player in an infinate loop
like;
while true; do mpv <link to stream>; sleep 10; done

this will effectively retry every 10 seconds to connect to the stream if it drops, and continue when it can connect again
>>
Is the source code available for any old monster collecting games (e.g. Pokemon, Dragon warrior monster)?

I used to love these games as a kid and now I'm a professional programmer I'd love to get my hands on some of the code to read through.

Also, if you guys were making a very basic sprite game, what language/tools would you look to use?
>>
>>59647697
I should note I'm proficient in C++/C and would like to bring up C#.
>>
>>59647688
>mpv
ty senpai i will be trying it out
>>
>>59647688
>>59647617
oh, you could also just tell the media player to play a particular file from a network share of some kind, if the stream is really just a file you want to play from another machine, rather than any kind of dynamic content
>>
>>59647684
>cascading style sheet style sheets
fix'd

>>59646843
yes.

>>59647646
>>>/g/pcbg
>>
>>59647697
>>59647722
Check /agdg/ over /vg/.

For Pokémon specifically, there have been a bunch of fangames so look into that I guess.
>>
>>59647105
Try crunch
>>
>>59640841
Hello , is this the thread for stupid questions ?
>>
I want to make a simple sql server that can be consulted from a goiphone but i have no fucking idea where to start.
Can anybody help me?
>>
What's a place that sells cheap Windows keys? I don't care if they're OEM.
>>
>>59647791
Wonderful, thanks.
>>
Where the fuck can I buy a double wide pci cover? Do they exist at all?
>>
>>59647970
What's wrong with two separate ones?
>>
>>59648009
I'm making a custom ps2 built entirely inside a 5.25 bay, and in order to house the adapters/slots at the back I need a double wide plate to mount the plugs ( RCA and power)
>>
Can you still update a Windows for which extended support has ended? I know that it means that they don't develop fixes, but can you still download all the updates?
>>
It's been a couple months since I've been on here last
What happened to the desktop threads?
Are they finally banned?
>>
File: 2013-06-22-12.55.04-349x600.jpg (44KB, 349x600px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-22-12.55.04-349x600.jpg
44KB, 349x600px
i think i may have, somehow managed to format a DVD-R . I didnt think this was possible but now the drive reads as if the disk has only 2Gb or something left on it, which is how much space was left after i burned a linux distro onto it, but i accidentally thought it was a DVD-RW and formatted it (successfully), but after trying to rewrite to it a few times took it out and realized my mistake.

so basically, im just wondering, wtf happened?
>>
>>59648110
no because they don't make updates
>>
I own a set of Akai sr-225 30w speakers but the amplifier is starting to get busty.

What would be a decent replacement?
>>
>>59648185
ever printed onto a piece of paper multiple times?
it's sort of like that
you can't remove what's on it, but you can technically keep burning over it
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (475KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
475KB, 1536x1024px
okay, what the fuck is wrong with this picture here?

Nexus 5 with a custom ROM at 92% says Charging Slowly with 7 minutes left running off an 18watt Anker Charger

Pixel XL says Charging Rapidly at 92% with 13 minuets left off the stock Pixel 18 watt charger.

What the fuck?
Yes, I know that the battery size is different. 2300 vs 3400.
is that the cause?

I recently installed PureNexus on the 5, and ever since its always says charging slowly even though it charges at a normal rate of about 1.5% per minute
I did just get the Pixel, and have not paid attention to its charging. Should it be around 1% per minute?

My Anker car charger which the Nexus back when it had the stock Android 6.1 always charged slowly, or just charging at around 1% per minute. Not as fast as a wall charger, BUT the Pixel says its Charging Quickly off the same charger. I have not bothered to see what the % per minute is tho.

Pixel as of this writing says 94% with 9 minutes left. Seems very slow imo. Is this normal?
>>
I have two identical USB 3.0 flashdrives but one of them writes at 6-7 MB/s while the other does that at 50-60 MB/s. What's wrong with the first one?
>>
>>59648367
Do a low level format on it, and see what speeds its format at.
Flashdrives do have a short lifespan. I use mine every day for work transferring files left, and right and get about 4 years out of them before they fail.
>>
>>59648394
that's the thing the slow one is brand new, and the other one is like 2 years old
>>
>>59648433
it's shit quality
>>
File: 4c468f0f1f803bef3c3bf533403c40c0.jpg (359KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
4c468f0f1f803bef3c3bf533403c40c0.jpg
359KB, 1500x1500px
>>59645965
Worked perfectly. 3DPD ads girls in my city don't want my dick and phone number anymore.
Thank you.
>>
>>59648340
>Yes, I know that the battery size is different. 2300 vs 3400.
>is that the cause?

yes nibba

The Pixel XL has a 3450 mAh battery actually, giving you an 1100 mAh difference. That's about 50% more cells that need to be recharged

It's also important to note that a lot of it also has to do with the charging circuitry

Don't put much stock in the "charging slowly" and "charging rapidly" thing.
>>
>>59648225

The ones already existing smartass.
>>
Is it possible to clean the knob/potentiometer on a headphone amp volume control, or not really? I get dirty sound at many volume levels.

If not, what are some good DAC+ headphone amps for $100 or less? Preferably 1 unit
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9ZRhq

should i get a different power supply? Also when the 580s come out next month how much of a price drop can we expect on the rx 480s
>>
>>59647635
Pre-, post-, in-, or level-order traversal. Whichever you want.
>>
>>59648678
Windows XP still has their update server running because of businesses that still use it. But it's entirely up to microsoft.
>>
>>59648746
That's about right. I would consider going up to gold if you can find it
>>
Is there a way I can place cellular calls from a phone with no sim, but that's tetherd to a phone that is on the network?
>>
>>59648798
So I need to complete my BinaryTree class first?
>>
is there a list of common interview programming questions employers will ask you? i'm going to be starting interviews soon and i'm afraid i'm going to sperg out and freeze up on something stupid. also how common is it that they do this?
>>
>>59648862
Just make a printTree method and use one of the traversals. For example, in-order:

void printTree(Node root) {
if (root != null) {
printTree(root.left);
System.out.println(root.value);
printTree(root.right);
}
}

That will give you an idea of how the tree looks. And in this case, the leftmost node will be printed first. So if it matches the output of your getleft method, then it's good.

This is how I would do it anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (104KB, 1585x965px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
104KB, 1585x965px
>>59648981
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help anon, I really appreciate ti
>>
>>59649101
It was just an example, I didn't know what you called your node class. Anyway, something like this:

public void printTree() {
printTree(root);
}

private void printTree(TreeNode<T> node) {
if (node != null) {
printTree(node.left);
System.out.println(node.value);
printTree(node.right);
}
}
>>
File: Screenshot (17).png (117KB, 1800x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (17).png
117KB, 1800x1016px
>>59649196
Not really sure what it's complaining about now desu
>>
I've seen tons of people talk about doing side projects, but I never have absolutely any idea what to do. I've been getting a few raised eyebrows on my resume for not knowing C++, so I want to do something myself to help demonstrate my (future) knowledge of it. I've done a tiny bit with C in an assembly course, so I'm not starting blank, but I still have 0 idea how to pick a project to do. Everything I've always done has been for/through some class. What would /g/ recommend to help me learn C++/decide on my own future projects.
>>
>>59649256
Does the TreeNode class have member variable called left of type TreeNode? If not, then that's the problem. I just assumed you had something like this:

class TreeNode<T> {
TreeNode<T> left;
TreeNode<T> right;
}
>>
>>59647822
python socket class, and whatever framework implements them for goiphone
>>
File: 123.png (48KB, 1488x970px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
48KB, 1488x970px
>>59649352
This is how my TreeNode class is done
I'm sorry man I know I haven't exactly been easy to help here, appreciate your patience
>>
>>59649434
Logically, yes, a node's left and right children are themselves binary trees ... but I wouldn't do it that way. Just make them TreeNodes that are initially null.
>>
>>59649489
Still get the same error after switching it
If I'm being too dense and you don't want to bother it's fine. Thanks for your help thus far I really do appreciate it
>>
File: 1490750109107.png (879KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1490750109107.png
879KB, 710x842px
> clean install win 10 bc 6 yr old PC was really slow using 7
>everything is great so far
>play 30min of CS Source
>laptop overheats and shuts off

My PC can definitely handle the game, but this overheating problem was one of the reasons I cleaned installed.
What can I do?
Would buying an SSD help? How about physically opening the laptop and clearing the dust?
(both which I've never done before)
>>
>>59649594
if your shit is overheating you need to cool that shit down

ssd won't cool that shit down
there shouldn't be dust in your laptop
>>
>>59649489
I'd have to see it in its entirety, I guess. Pastebin it if you can. I'll take a look in the morning.
>>
What's the safest way to check out a USB drive of unknown origin/questionable contents? Boot a linux distro from another USB and use that to check it out?
>>
how the fuck do I make the terminal display foreign characters? I'm working and helping some people in South America and their special letters turn into a bunch of fucking question marks whenever I use "ls" in terminal. but it works fine when I use cd into the directory (and it doesn't even escape the special fucking characters)
cd:
EstĂ¡s\
ls
Est??s

for example

it has nothing to do with the locale bullshit I see all over, I've disabled that stuff 100 different ways:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29609371/how-do-not-pass-locale-through-ssh

is it the server that doesn't know how to do it or is it a limit to the actual ls command itself?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (84KB, 823x998px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
84KB, 823x998px
Don't want to open up a new thread for this. Any networkers that want to give their opinion on this? Would this set up work?
>>
>>59650087
Servers should be reachable from any VLAN..
>>
>>59650003
yes
the absolutely safest way is to unplug your harddrive sata cable, boot from a boot USB and plug in the questionable usb

if you even executed all the shit inside, it still would never be able to hit your actual hard drive since it is unplugged.. and you can just format the loonix usb later
>>
>>59650109
is it still possible for the USB to infect the bios or other memory on the motherboard?
>>
>>59650166
not that I've seen in the past.. 20? years
it used to be, sure
>>
File: 1485237927245.jpg (52KB, 293x403px) Image search: [Google]
1485237927245.jpg
52KB, 293x403px
How/where do you guys download your anime? I've visited 12+ sites that all told me they knew how to download shit from crunchyroll and none of them worked. I don't want to deal with the shitty streaming CR offers, but I do want to watch neptunia offline. Can anybody help?
>>
File: programming help.png (31KB, 817x931px) Image search: [Google]
programming help.png
31KB, 817x931px
What Am I doing wrong here, i'm pretty desperate for an answer, even though This program isn't even relevant anymore.
>>
>>59650087
I'm no expert, but from what i see i think it should work
>>59650091
This is defined with ACLs on the router
>>
>>59650326
Wait what? You want to engage in the evils of UNAUTHORISED COPYING but you're paying for a crunchyroll subscription?

Just torrent that shit
nyaa.se likely has what you want
>>
>>59650388
readline doesn't need an argument.
>>
>>59650451
omg that actually did a thing tysm.
but now its saying I'm trying to convert a char list to a string list. but I think I can fix that.
>>
File: 1490724227896.jpg (131KB, 736x786px) Image search: [Google]
1490724227896.jpg
131KB, 736x786px
does this board have a laptop infographic or like laptop pricing tier or something?

I know tech changes fast, but is there one for like the last year?
>>
I live at home and I want to make myself a NAS as a backup and/or media server. How can I make it only visible to my computer in the household? Crossover cable?
polite sage
>>
>>59640841
What was the name of that app on android that'd shift the color of your screen to reduce blue light and brightness according to time of day?
>>
File: 1483607567110.jpg (1MB, 1241x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1483607567110.jpg
1MB, 1241x1710px
>>59650404
>you're paying for a crunchyroll subscription?
Haha, never. I didn't pay for my anime before crunchy roll existed and I won't long after it dies.
Also thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>59650602
c.f. lumen
there's many
nougat it's built in
>>
Does any porn exist of Linus, RMS, and ESR all circlejerking each other?
>>
>>59650549
"make it visible"
what method do you propose to share files and media? even windows file sharing has authentication. it will be visible though i suppose
>>
>>59650602
Flux. I use it, it's great.
>>
Whats the best way to find unsupported drivers for Windows 10?
>>
>>59650613
>>59650635
I got a cheap phone still running lollipop, is there one that's better for privacy/battery?
>>
how long will an i5 7500 last me? or should i wait for ryzen 5 to see how that plays out
>>
>>59650801
>>
New installation of Ubuntu/Apache2/php7.1

.php files only load over ip, but when I try to open them from domain.org/info.php it tries to download it.

Any help?
>>
So, I believe my power supply overheated because my pc suddenly shit off and won't turn back on. What should I do? I've got a fan blowing on it to cool it down.
>>
>>59651012
ded power supplies have a pretty distinct smell
>>
How do I keep firefox from unloading tabs?
>>
>>59651024
Kinda like ozone, or something? I hope it's not ded... I can't afford a new psu for another week.
>>
I'm not able to access exhentai anymore even though I'm logged in and everything should work like it was 8 hours ago

help
>>
>>59651077
delete the yay cookie faggot
>>
>>59650925
Not sure what got it working, but it's working now. Thanks anyway.
>>
File: 1469849572194.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1469849572194.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>inb4 macfag
What program converts video to webm?

vlc keeps making mine 120min long even though it will be a 20 sec clip im converting
>>
>>59651178
ffmpeg
>>
>>59651089
oh fuck I didn't think about that
it worked
You saved me anon
>>
>>59651290
it's what I do
>>
>>59650326
If you don't know how to use torrents or youtube-dl to rip from streaming sites, you better man up and read nigga.
>>
File: pic_02.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic_02.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
2 questions.
First, what is the decent yet cheap thermal paste choice for a c2d shitbox?
Second, I'm planning on painting the plastic of pic related (the black parts), how do i get it to not look too shit because the only place i can paint is outside?
Also it has a texture already so i dont need to rough it up still right?
>>
so is dnscrypt always so fucking garbage that you have to run dns-fix every reboot and restart dnscrypt every roboot and half the time the network manager doesn't start up because of dnscrypt?

is there a way to make it not garbage or do I have to run it on a separate local machine that never powers off and then just use that as my dns locally and it'll do the remote dns lookups for me...?
>>
File: 1483283184197.jpg (100KB, 786x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483283184197.jpg
100KB, 786x720px
>Asks co-worker for an autogenerated image
>Knows it will have a lot of unneccesary whitespace, so tell him to pre-emptively crop it in the autogeneration program
>Tell him that twice
>Even SHOWS him how to do it, since he has to do it a bunch of times
>Tell him that it's because the images will be going into the report and the report will look like shit with 60% of it being whitespace
>2 hours later gets images
>Whitespace not cropped away

Why are people so fuckign stupid and can't do things properly?
>>
>>59651178
vlc conversion has always been a nightmare to get working and even then it's shit

ffmpeg is your best bet if you want 4chan compatible webms
>>
What's the easiest way to recursively shred all files in a folder?
>>
>>59651561
a lot of people literally have 0 taste. they honestly can't even tell when something looks like shit.
>>
Why does Firefox constantly have a "Server cannot be found" error on sites that are obviously up and running?

This happens for like 20 minutes then suddenly the sites work again. Clearing cache doesn't do anything. It's really annoying
>>
What happens to the PC once you reset everything?
>>
>>59651934
It's not even a matter of taste at this example... The pages in the report with the images will be literally unreadable, since the image will be so small because of automatic resizing that you won't be able to see what it says...
>>
What do you use to screencap post on 4chan?
I hide the unneeded posts then use FF's screenshot.
Is there a userscript that screencap only selected posts?
>>
File: Capture.png (76KB, 451x235px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
76KB, 451x235px
I keep getting this fucking message popping up. I tried disabling hardware in the device manager, unplugging my USB hub, leaving my computer completely unplugged for a while (googling it came up with that answer, idk how it would work but it didn't hurt to try). None of it worked. I just installed a new hard drive in my computer (I didn't replace the boot drive, I just added a drive for more storage), but idk how that could have caused it.
>>
I've tried /g/. Lord knows I've tried. I CANNOT INTO COMPILING.

>try to build mgba from source
>??? lol missing dependencies
>terminated
>"okay I'll just install some of the dependencies"
>dependencies install
>sudo make install
>[100%] Built target mgba
>Install the project . . .
Goes on to install icons, and readme but doesn't tell me where or if the program was installed

I'm so confused. Should the program be where I built it (usr/local/src/mgba.xxxxx/build)? Or did the command found on the github page (cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr ..) build the program somewhere else?

The github page says "This will build and install mGBA into /usr/bin and /usr/lib". I've checked both directories and didn't find anything.
>>
>>59652479
search?
>>
>>59652510
Nothing. It just brings up the cmake files associated with mgba and the folder inside usr/local/src.
>>
>>59652535
Why do you want to compile from source?
>>
Why does windows 7 keep fucking up the file index search permissions all the fucking time? This is the second time within a couple months i had to completely rebuild said index from scratch because of this shit now
>>
>>59652554
A gameboy advance emulator called mgba. Here's the github page if it's any help https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba
>>
>>59652579
I'm pretty sure I've done everything right.

>installed build essentials
>installed latest cmake
>made /usr/local/src so I don't get confused
>built inside of said directory
>installed some of the dependencies manually
>followed the directions on the github page

At this rate I'll never be a cool gentoo compiling guy
>>
>>59652625
https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/releases
>>
    if (req.params.url) {
post.url = req.params.url;
}
if (req.params.reply) {
post.reply = req.params.reply;
}

Faster syntax (ES06/7 etc?) to do this?
Thanks.
>>
>>59646314
I had both problems. I had to reinstall windows 10 and enable updates to make it recognise my nexus4 properly.
I had to change ROM to make it connect in MTP mode by default, and not in charging mode. Some pajeets just cant get it right.

How do i go about logging out of my android phone that has broken touchscreen? If i log out of gmail will my mobile chrome browser log me out of other things too?
>>
how to make n words with $faker?
words(n) doesn't do it, it takes an array but I'm too stupid to know what the hell to put in that array.
words([n]) just fucks up
>>
>>59652819
I found "google device manager" but it does not show my phone.
>>
Are any 4chan browser extensions not botnets?
>>
new tread?
>>
I need to float checkboxes to the right side and have form fields like name on the left
how do I achieve this?

float: right on the checkboxes does get them to the right side but they're all messed up, not in a straight line or anything
>>
Thanks for (no) help fags. I just flashed new rom through adb. But there is still personal shit on internal flash storage :(
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>59640841
how do i install a theme in wordpress when it doesn't do it because it ''doesn't" have style.css
>>
I could never understand seeding. I just keep my computer on with my client and the torrented files on my system and I'll be seeding, right?
>>
looking to upgrade my dying x301- what's the best current gen laptop that just werks with linux? is the xps 13/15 good, or do they have build quality problems?
>>
Dumbass here

If I have only 2GB and Phenom X2 545, what operating system will run faster Windows 7 64bit or Winfows 7 32 bit (ultimate). Or Windows 10 LTSB ?
>>
>>59653524
install gentoo
>>
Hi, I'm trying to add a transparent .png to a video in Sony Vegas Pro 12, but the background shows up black. I've been trying to troubleshoot this for hours, I've already all of the alpha channel settings, none work. It shows up as transparent on the menu and timeline, but not on the preview itself. How the hell do I fix this?
>>
Wtf? Is the I7-7500u actually dual core in CURRENT YEAR? Intel's Judaism is unbelievable.
>>
>>59653710
Yep, it is dualcore.
Do not buy.
Abandon ship.
>>
I have 3 partitions on my main disk /dev/sda, which are sda1(swap partition) sda2(ext4 main partition where the system boots) and sda3. sda3 used to be a ntfs file system back from when I used Windows, now I've recently formatted it using GParted to an ext4 file system. Doing
sudo mount /dev/sda3 ~/Backup

it successfully mounts but I can't do much (write/read) without being on super user.
I did a little reading and found out how I wanna mount it, that is
sudo mount -t ext4 -o umask=000,gid=33,uid=33 /dev/sda3 ~/Backup

as I understand, this should work. But it doesn't. It gives me this:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda3,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so.

I know the fs type isn't wrong and I know the option isn't either. Idk about this superblock though.

Any thoughts?
>>
I need a software (for Windows), or also an online tool, for download and cut youtube video,...i only need a simple one..
>>
>>59653894
Freemake
>>
New Thread

>>59653955
>>59653955
>>59653955
>>59653955
>>59653955
>>59653955
>>
>>59653524
That hardware is pain. You would be happier with a lightweight linux distro like peppermint. If you're determined to go with windows, I'd use 64 bit but put in a small flashdrive for readyboost
>>
>>59654046
Thanks anon.
That rig is running slow because it is 8 years old windows 7 without any reinstalls.

I actually consider buying some cheap Kingston V300 SSD for $50 and slap the new system on it.
>>
>>59654177
Yeah, that's probably a good way to go if full upgrade isn't an option. Also clean installs are easy as fuck. You should definitely do one. There isn't nearly as much shit to redo as you think there is.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.