[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 41

File: thinking-face[1].png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face[1].png
53KB, 256x256px
Last thread: >>59607194
>>
What's the best way to scan a large library of video files for corruption?
>>
File: 20170328_184329.jpg (159KB, 945x1820px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_184329.jpg
159KB, 945x1820px
plugging my headphones directly into my tv gives me annoying static and beep boop noises.

My dac/amp is usb only so i cant use that. Any thing i can buy to get cleaner sound?
>>
My HDD is dying (2MB/s disk speeds) if I attempt to clone it to a fresh HDD, it's going to take fucking forever isn't it to move 700GB of data?

Should I jsut buy a new drive and fresh install? I'm dreading the process of calling up Microsoft to get my Windows licence approved, installing drivers adn shit. It'll kill me.
>>
Will any smartphone you buy today support USB OTG in hardware?
If so, when did this become standard?
>>
>>59617465
Don't be so dramatic. It's easy as shit to do a clean install. Just copy off whatever files you care about after you've got the new drive set up

http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
What's the best modern dumbphone?
>>
>>59617488
I dont care about files, I just care about configuration. But thanks, I'll do a fresh install.
>>
File: ATX8400PRO2.D.jpg (23KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
ATX8400PRO2.D.jpg
23KB, 750x600px
Why are beige computer cases so rare nowadays? Why does everything have to be a steel grey or black edge machine nowadays even in a professional setting?
>>
>>59617530
They get puke yellow with time.
Cant complain. Being born in 1980, I have seen all the decay process. Even now when the indoor smoking ratio is close to zero, our generation yet fears that yellowish nightmare.
>>
does anyone know how to successfully install nvidia drivers on ubuntu?
I keep doing everything according to guides but still every time when I reboot after installing the drivers, it won't boot back into ubuntu
>>
File: 9.jpg (86KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
86KB, 278x278px
>>59609402
>>
So I'm on an ASUS zenbook. It has an i5-6200u in it. I wanted to updated my computer to the latest intel graphics driver since I was experiencing some video stuttering. Even though it says my process is supported, it told me that:

1) When I had a manufacturer driver installed it said I needed a manufacturer driver.

2) When I uninstalled and tried:
>https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88193

it said I didn't meet the min requirements. What do, /g/?
>>
>>59617706
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2081649
>>
ok lads, im trying to write a resume and i have helvetica as my font, but even after trying to embed the font on word, when i try to open the document on my other computer, the fonts are substituted for some other shitty default word font

ive checked the licensing and the font is listed as installable, so it should be able to be embedded, but it just dont work

and here is the real kick in the nuts, the fonts seem to embed fine when i save it as a pdf file

someone please tell me what the fuck is going on
>>
>>59617942
>someone please tell me what the fuck is going on

Doc is a shit format.

>pdf works
Unlike .doc, that's what pdf is designed to do.

Can't you just embed the .pdf in the word document if the UR faggots demand a .doc?
>>
>>59617942
theres no reason why not to save it as pdf and just send the resume like that.
as the other anon said, doc is just pure shit, pdf is made to work and made to last.
>>
Whats the easiest way to tranfer a lot of files from my old pc to my new one? just buy an eternal harddrive and move them like that?

Also what should i do with my old laptop?
>>
>>59618248

Ftp them over
>>
>>59618269
i didnt think of that. Seems easy enough, i just need to get an ftp client and make an exception in the firewall right?
>>
Windows 10

>open desmume
>onedrive also opens

>open webmcam
>onedrive also opens

>open some other applications
>onedrive also opens

what's going on? I have disable onedrive from startup
>>
>>59618512
>what's going on?
botnet
>>
>>59618536
no but fore real I've thought that this might be something like that, though I'm probably just a schizo because why'd they use onedrive to spy me?
>>
>>59618361
If they're on the same network there's no reason to involve the firewall. Have you considered attaching the drive directly via sata?
>>
Can streaming video kill your ping? You can sure as hell tell when one of my housemates is watching netflix or some shit because I'm left with 600 ping. Just wondering if the shitty ethernet switch we use it the problem or if this would happen regardless.
>>
>>59618572
That was my first plan but i can't find one for sale anywhere around oddly enough. Ordering one isnt really a hassle just takes some more time.
I thought i owned one but mustve lost it when i moved
>>
>>59618582
It'll happen regardless. Big streaming services like Netflix or YT hoard as much bandwidth as they possibly can.
>>
trying to hook up laptop to my tv using hdmi but getting horrible screen tearing and lag when doing pretty much anything
common problem?
>>
File: dgfgdfgdfgdf.webm (259KB, 359x319px) Image search: [Google]
dgfgdfgdfgdf.webm
259KB, 359x319px
>>59618512
basically this happens on a bunch of applications
>>
are raspberry pis powerful enough to play overwatch yet?
>>
>>59618660
do you use memedrive? If no, disable it. spybot anti-beacon does it for ya.
>>
I recently got a Moto G4. I updated it through OTA right away thinking there wouldn't be any issues at all, so I got Nougat on it through that.

Thing is, I read somewhere that basically if you update to Nougat through OTA you're pretty much fucked if you want to root the thing. Is there anyone here that can confirm that?
>>
>>59618674
no I don't use it, what actually pops up in that webm is the initialization screen for that piece of shit

also I've disabled it from the startup too, I haven't tried any 3rd party stuff though

it just seemingly wants to give me the shitdrive initialization screen when I open random applications or do some certain thing in an application
>>
what's the best android tablet to buy on the current market?
>>
i have ubuntu gnome's "/" directory installed on one part of my ssd, and "swap" directory installed on another partition, this time on my hdd.
if i were to format both of those partitions, reboot and boot from my usb stick, install mint onto those partitions, would everything still be okay or do i need to do something else to replace distros?

what im asking is after doing what i just described, will i still have a functioning grub boot loader on boot where i can switchs OS' when needed to? or am i going to fuck something up by doing it like this
>>
How do I make a CSS footer that sticks to the bottom of a variable-height page?
It worked fine until the page started getting longer (needing a scroll bar) and now the footer just sits where it used to before the scroll bar appeared, covering the content behind it.
>>
>>59617892
Use AUSU product page and download drivers from there.
>>
>>59618700
onedrive is kind of an integral part of win10, so you cannot just disable it from startup. You need to go deeper into group/local policies etc. You can do it using the many de-botnet batch files circulating on the net or the utility I mentioned.

>>59618740
If the install of the new system is completed 100% you should have a working grub again.
Or if you plan a complete format, this time you can create a few hundred MB /boot partition so if you remove you os in the future, grub will stay operational.
>>
My CSS rules work on an HTML file, but don't work on a PHP file which is almost 100% completely identical. They work when they are used directly in the PHP Style tag, but not when importing it from external sheets.

I cannot find any reason for this happening.
>>
>>59618900
Post code?
>>
>>59618827
just planning on formatting those two partitions which ubuntu is currently installed on, and re-installing mint onto those two partitions.
good, right?
>>
What's the best windows 10 version? Education or Enterprice? (and can you give me a digitalriver-like download link please?). I want to start touching it inside a virtual machine
>>
>>59619100
win 7
>>
My local IIS server is loading an HTML document even though it isn't in the folder.
Why?
>>
>>59616963
my csgo won't update. the update downloads, then pauses, and then i get a message that reads "connection lost." and the update restarts. halp. i reinstalled steam and csgo and now it's doing it again.
>>
>>59619151
reinstall wifi/ethernet drivers
>>
Is there a good tutorial out there to learn how to do diagrammatic modeling in LaTeX?

Or should I just give up and use yed and import the diagram I make to LaTeX?

Is it worth it to also/instead learn how to make graphs and shit in LaTeX?
>>
my gpu is a sapphire radeon HD 7750 2gb, that systemrequirementslab thinks has 1.5 vram. Is there any reason why it shouldn't run the witcher 3?
>>
What would you pair an rx460 with? I'm thinking of an FX-4300 but not sure.
>>
>>59617530
because it looks like utter garbage shit, it even gets wrong as they age
>>
>>59619173
>>59619151
it downloads completely. i have no internet issues.
>>
File: 123781781.jpg (321KB, 1200x912px) Image search: [Google]
123781781.jpg
321KB, 1200x912px
I've got an odd issue I'm trying to diagnose.

My hardware is old so it's likely due to age but it doesn't add up entirely as there are times when there's no issue whatsoever at all and things run silky smooth.

Core 2 Duo 3.16ghz
8gb DDR2
Radeon HD 7850
Win 7 recently installed on an SSD

I'm playing FFXIV and sometimes it's responsive and silky smooth. Other times it's just, not.

I expected the SSD would solve things as the issue was often audio getting cut out, models not loading, and things generally taking forever to load. So I figured my HDD was aging and generally not up to the task anymore.

It was fine with the SSD for a few days then the issue started reappearing again somewhat. In the past I'd just reboot and load nothing but FFXIV up and the game would be fine for about 24 hours. Now it's not.

The part I really want to understand is how this works. In game when the issue occurs of slow loading models/players/etc, When I Alt-Tab, to Task Manager, POOF! things suddenly load instead of hanging and taking forever.

I don't get why the game not being in focus causes stuff to just do what it should have in the first place.

I can provide more info upon request, any tips or help figuring this out is appreciated. And no, I can't afford to upgrade atm. That's the obvious solution with hardware as old as mine but life has got in the way of that happening twice now and drained my funds, so I'd like to do what I can with what I've got.
>>
How do I play full HD (H264/H265) content on low spec dual core x86 PC? Internet is full of outdated information from 2007 about this.
>>
>>59619801
throw your video card in the trash and get a new one for like 100 bucks
>>
>>59619823
h.265 is probably going to struggle no matter what but you could try mpv
>>
Which firefox fork is the best?
>>
File: ffffe.jpg (42KB, 750x441px) Image search: [Google]
ffffe.jpg
42KB, 750x441px
>>59616963
I need help downloading videos from this website. It uses JWplayer and I tried doing the inspect method but I get a cloudflare message basically not allowing me to download. Is there a way around this?
>>
>>59619959
fuck it, I'll just screen record on another computer
>>
>>59619407
you're better off with a pentium g4560 or something used.
>>
How long realistically does it take to have an advanced understanding of Networking? I'd use the term basic but I feel like basic wouldn't suffice, but trying ot understand Networking to a point that I'm comfortable doing a typical desktop support job.
>>
>>59620089
get lost already g4560 fanboi
>>
File: Wbpufor.jpg (129KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Wbpufor.jpg
129KB, 600x840px
>>59616963
I'm trying to get all the research of my PhD together. I have only organised files largely by the year I created them (ex: 1st year PhD, 2nd year PhD, etc.)

Is there an optimum way of file organisation on Windows 10?

Also, please recommend the best way for backups, senpais.
>>
>>59620097

Install dd-wrt on a spare router and fuck with your home network until you're pleased with the results
>>
how can i make my wifi dongle automatically "start" when booting into linux?
when i start mint and run lsusb, it shows that the dongle is already in a bus, but the blue light on the dongle itself isn't blinking, and the OS doesn't automatically connect to wifi.
when i take the wifi adapter out and plug it straight in then lsusb shows the same shit, but the dongle now works (as in, the blue light is blinking, which is indicating that its "ON") and the OS automatically connects me to wifi.

its just quite annoying to reconnect the adapter every time, and since its in the back of my computer it takes me at least three tries to get the usb adapter back into the slot
>>
>>59620265
btw if it matters, then lsusb shows this about the adapter:
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 20f4:646b TRENDnet
>>
>>59619823
>content on low spec dual core x86 PC
how old is the pc itself?
>>
>>59619841
>And no, I can't afford to upgrade atm.

Like I said, I know replacing the hardware is necessary. It's ancient as fuck.

But I have to make it work a bit longer so I'm trying to figure out why it's working one time and not another.
>>
>>59620392
probably depends on gpu load and whatnot
search google/youtube on how you can set up rivatuner to show you the gpu load and heat in game
>>
File: 1482640005357.jpg (432KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1482640005357.jpg
432KB, 2048x1536px
Hey guys, my post here : >>59620435

In short : my mobo is set to 1.3 volt for my CPU although it's still clocked at 4400mhz max for all 4 cores. Is it too much volt? Could I lower it to lower temps and power consumption?
>>
>>59617234
is your TV connected to the PC? if so you can just get audio from that if you change audio output device.

>>59618586
>i can't find one for sale anywhere
why the fuck would you have to buy a third drive when you're just going to unplug your old fucking drive from the old PC and plug it into your new PC?! are you retarded?

>>59618630
your laptop is shit?

>>59619100
LTSB which you choose inside the Enterprise installer.
>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

>>59619151
change download region. clean your PC from virus.

>>59619244
minimum system requirements for that game says HD 7870
and download GPU-Z to get the actual specs.

>>59619407
why the fuck would you buy FX when Ryzen 3 and 5 is being released next month? and like the other anon said, even a $60 G4560 shits all over the FX 4xxx chips.

>>59619823
>low spec dual core x86
this means nothing, post actual CPU model.

>>59620392
you're probably running out of VRAM. try lowering resolution and texture settings.
>>
What's the best way to compress bloated huge PDF files /g/? I'm looking for something that works on Windows or MacOS.
>>
Will the release of the ryz 5 and 3 drop the price of the intel line?

I've never built a PC before and this is my first time ever looking at processors so I have no idea how this market functions
>>
>>59621140
7zip

>>59621159
probably
>>
>>59616963
best video editing software for windows go.
>>
>>59621201
adobe premier
>>
>>59621171
> 7-zip
But I need to compress the file itself, like just reducing the file size.
>>
>>59621201
Sony Catalyst
>>
>>59621208
adobe programs are a headache.
>>
Can I set a default maximum memory usage or all java VMs I run? I know about -Xms and -Xmx, but the app I'm trying to run is embedded (as an addon kind of thing) in another app and doesn't respond to the memory setting that I launch the main app with.
>>
What's a good laptop bag for a 15.6" laptop? I have a dell inspiron gaming, so I'm not sure if it will fit into a regular 15" bag.
Please help.
>>
>>59621218
>>59621201
Nevermind, I mean Vegas. I guess Sony sold it to someone else.
>>
>>59621251
just get a bigger bag then, they have velcro straps inside to hold it in place so it's not a big deal if it's slightly bigger.
>>
What are the limitations when using ltsb? I vaguely remember about some 3rd party software not working on this edition.
>>
>>59617802
Nobody here linked accounts and know something about it?
>>
>>59621377
But which one would you recommend?
>>
>>59616963
Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to debug efficiently with gdb? I dont have a gui and can only operate with terminal.

Do you have to set breakpoints with the frikken line command?
>>
File: users.jpg (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
users.jpg
6KB, 128x128px
I've been trying to identify a program someone in my class is using for what looks to be instant messaging. He's been using it every day but I can't read shit from where I stand and I'm not exactly willing to ask him directly.

The only thing I could identify from the program is an icon very similar to this (not the exact same though). The software looks quite old, but it works under Windows 10. Any hints?
>>
How can I give another computer Internet through another computer through an ethernet cable?

My laptop has wifi, but this computer doesn't (and I can't plug it into a router). Tried link-local and automatic, but it didn't seem to work.

All Linux of course.
>>
>>59621615
you have to configure the system with internet access as a router.

just google "<distro> ipv4 router" for a good selection of guides.
>>
File: Windows_Live_Messenger_Logo.png (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_Live_Messenger_Logo.png
48KB, 256x256px
>>59621592
Live Messenger?
Though I think it got shut down a few years ago.
>>
Some months ago, i decided to start overclocking my CPU and GPU, Everything went fine until 4 weeks later when i was downloading a steam game and suddenly my pc just froze, eveything was standing still and i couldn't move my mouse

So i reboot and it's completely fine but after 15 minutes it freezes again and i reset the overclocking that i had done on the CPU and GPU and it worked fine for some time until i played Rust and the same freeze happened, now it's just happening while i play games, I don't have any active overclocks and my pc is not overheating, CPU is 45C* under load and my GPU is 50C*

Anybody know what it could be?
>>
>>59621653
nah that's the thing, I thought it'd be that. The icons are very similar to those of live messenger, but the colors used are more like the picture I described, which is real weird.

It's really intriguing, I wonder if this dude just changed the icon to a be a bit stealthy about his habits? Teachers hardly give a shit, we're all adults.
>>
whats the point of a chromecast if there's no easy way to stream local content to it?
>>
>>59621727
plex can stream content to your chromecast

>>59619959
send the url?
>>
File: 1456733358654.jpg (65KB, 585x454px) Image search: [Google]
1456733358654.jpg
65KB, 585x454px
>>59616963
Is there anyway for me to find out my router's IP address without a web browser? is there a way from the command line? on windows
>>
>>59621756
ipconfig /all
>>
>>59618747
that's not a footer, that's just another div you'd like to stick to the bottom of the page. Try something like position: relative on the parent object, and position: absolute; on the child object.
>>
Bump >>59620494.
>>
Will partitioning my 1TB laptop hard drive and my old 300GB PC hard drive to dual boot windows 10 with a linux distribution reduce its performance? (idrk about write speads but read speed is important for me)
>also please give me a simple to use linux distro to use when I don't want Botnet 10 to see what I search online
>>
File: 2017-03-28-120446_1280x800_scrot.png (987KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-28-120446_1280x800_scrot.png
987KB, 1280x800px
Is there a way to get neofetch to match the xresources colors? like in pic related, turning all the blue and grey to match the system colors
>>
Which meme should I fall for?
High-end monitor, high-end headphones or high-end drugs?
>>
>>59621638
I only find a bunch of bullshit.

How do I do this through KDE network manager?
>>
I got a chinese wifi keyboard and I want to see if I can capture the keystrokes on a 3rd device, if they're encrypted or not
How would I do that?
>>
>>59621938
Headphones. They're the only one that will last a lifetime. A monitor might last 10 years, drugs might last 10 hours.
>>
>>59621745
It's behind a paywall http://2d.cgmasteracademy.com

it's okay the screen recording technique is working fine for me I guess.
>>
>>59621960
Holy shit, nvm. It was as simple as setting the wired connection to "Shared with other computers" on my laptop.

So fucking easy I'm amazed. Everything else just went automatically.
>>
What can i write scripts for to speeds jobs up for my machine? Linux or windows
>>
>>59621938
Headphones, just don't go full autism-tier
>>59618673
No. Never.
>>59619912
Icecat
>>
>>59621615
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Internet_sharing
>>
>>59622040
Hahahaha, look at all that bullshit. All you need to do is set method to "Shared with other computers".

Stupid nerds.
>>
>>59621454
i dont even have a laptop... just google and check reviews.

>>59621665
need more info. whats your specs and how much did you OC? volts?

>>59621872
google CPU MODEL + max volt

>>59621887
no.
ubuntu, mint.
>>
can I wake my old t410 on wifi ?
>>
>>59622057
Yeah, networkmanager makes a lot of things easier, but it may not always be available or not work in some specific setups.
That article also links to instructions to do it with networkmanager:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Sharing_internet_connection_over_Ethernet
>>
File: dictionary.png (48KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
dictionary.png
48KB, 840x544px
Where can I find a dictionary separated by syllables?
I can't seem to find one online.
Something like pic related.
I need it for a program I'm trying to write.
>>
>>59617465
you should be able to check your product code in settings somewhere on windows
alternatively, you can install microsofts iso creating tool and that will create an iso that works with your motherboard officially, you can reinstall from there
if that doesnt work, you can still install a pirated windows 7 copy, activate it with whatever method, then upgrade to 10 with accesibility things to have an official copy
you can use botnet to sync your settings to fresh install if youre already using windows 10

>>59617491
older dumbphones are actually more fully featured, newer ones are aimed at grandmothers or extremely poor, so they cut on features
something like nokia n95 will have better specs than most dumbphones made in 2016

>>59617892
try the windows update version of the drivers, in my case with xps 13, windows update drivers are newer than dell ones, but i prefer to use manufacturer ones anyway

>>59618512
if you have a version with group policy editor, disable onedrive from there
if not, theres no turning off the botnet

>>59618673
i havent seen one that runs windows is overwatch avaliable on gnu/linux?

>>59618699
try >>>/g/spg

>>59619100
education has the same feature set with enterprise and you dont have to worry about potential subscription model

>>59619912
icecat

>>59620265
does it work if you restart network manager?

>>59621251
it will fit into a regular 15" bag, there is no such thing as 15", everyone means 15,6" when they say 15, also most bags are made fairly big to be able house things like ancient thinkpad W520s

>>59621665
this is basic but have you reinstalled gpu drivers?

>>59621887
it shouldnt affect performance
use live distro if youre concerned about privacy
otherwise use something like ubuntu or one of those just werks distros

>>59621938
high end monitor
>>
MPV is somehow not playing the voices for for a few movies, only the sound effects. I'm not sure how that's even possible. There is only one audio track.
What do? I tried with --no-config.
>>
I want to buy an i7-4790k. Why does a 3 year old CPU cost more than when it was brand new?

I'm seeing $360-400 right now, and when it was new it retailed for $340. Are CPUs collectors items now?
>>
>>59622704
Try a different media player.

>>59622719
Why the fuck would you do that?
Low supply.
>>
>>59622746
>Try a different media player.
It works fine in other media players.
>>
File: 15.jpg (94KB, 972x648px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
94KB, 972x648px
What model is this power cord?
I need it for a samsung monitor like this one, but I don't know the exact name of the cable to look it up online.
It says DC 12V/14V on the monitor power jack
>>
>>59622759
reinstall and remember to clean old folders
>>
>>59622746
>Why the fuck would you do that?
I want to upgrade without having to buy a new motherboard and new DDR4 ram. Running an i3 now. By comparison, an i7-7700 costs $320. It's fucked up. At this point I might as well save a bit more money and just do a full upgrade.
>>
>>59622760
google power cable for samsung monitor and look for ones with that connector and same volt/amp

>>59622792
buy used, you tard.
>>
>>59622820
>buy used
I don't want to buy a CPU that someone overclocked and overvolted into the ground. Eh fuck it.
>>
For a socket 1366 motherboard is 6x2GB RAM good if its cheap ($40 CAD) or would getting 3x4GB be better if it's more expensive at $75 CAD?
>>
>>59622850
that's not how it works.
>>
>>59622914
makes no difference if the mobo supports both setups.
>>
Looking to update some hardware

What's the best cheap phone I can get?
>currently moto e lte stuck on android 5.1
What's the best cheap tablet I can get?
>currently samsung tab 4 7.0 stuck on android 4.4.2
>>
>>59622992
>>>/g/spg
>>
How do i know if I have grub installed? I used grub-install command.
I want to install W10 and I know this shit is going to take the boot and make me unable to boot linux
>>
I need to reset the BIOS. Didn't get a CMOS jumper with my motherboard though.

How do I proceed?
>>
File: tunak tunak no.png (660KB, 544x549px) Image search: [Google]
tunak tunak no.png
660KB, 544x549px
Laptop batteries.
My understanding is that there's some kind of BS proprietary "power managing" process on the laptop that estimates how much charge the battery has left. It doesn't matter how much the battery actually has but what the process has? Because I have a cheapy Acer laptop that I love functionally but I can't take it anywhere without the charger because the battery dies in an hour and a half.
If I buy a new battery for it would that help or should I try to mess with the aforementioned "power managing" shit? Or maybe both?

pic related: it's mfw "30 minutes (5 seconds) of power remaining" pops up
>>
>>59623066
read the manual.
the jumper might be already on it and you have to move it to different pins.
>>
does anyone know why some webm uploads cause 4chan to think it has an embedded file?

it seems to happen on low bitrate ones, is there a minimum accepted bitrate?
>>
>>59623066
take any metal object and short the pins.

>>59623077
>battery dies within an hour
yes, your battery is gone, replace it.
>>
>>59623137
I thought so. Any clue on the weird power managing thing though?
>>
>>59623066
>>59623109
>>59623137
nvm, sucessfully did it with my screwdriver.
>>
>>59623150
your battery is fucked and that is sending weird info to power manager, there's probably nothing wrong with the power manager itself.
>>
>>59623066
>>59623162
Damn, seems I can't enter my motherboard's setup screen. Maybe it's because I'm using hdmi? But then why would I see things before that...

Fug.
>>
File: 1464818910979.gif (2MB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
1464818910979.gif
2MB, 340x227px
WHERE IS THE CHINESE VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 THAT DOESNT HAVE THE SPYING SHIT
>>
which phone should i buy
>>
>>59623340
>>>/g/spg
>>
Should I get the Macbook Air or the old 13-inch MacBook Pro?

I need something light with a long battery life for travel/freelance work.

Realistically I'm not going to be doing any video editing/anything too intensive so should I just go with the Air?
>>
Newfag here. Is it viable to use windows 7 for the foreseeable future?

I really like windows 7 and really dont want to switch to windows 10 but im worried in the future lots of new software wont usable on windows 7. thoughts? what do you guys use?
>>
>>59623363
>I need a facebook machine
Chromebook
>>
>>59623371
there's no reason to change until you actually NEED to use that feature
>>
File: msi-cubi-008beu-b3205uxx[1].jpg (633KB, 1920x1515px) Image search: [Google]
msi-cubi-008beu-b3205uxx[1].jpg
633KB, 1920x1515px
>>59616963
My barebone's CPU temp is starting to climb up to 65º C now that spring is here. Last year i replaced the stock tim with liquid metal, but didn't really see a difference in temps (never below 60º C, even during winter time). I know i'm not even close to Tjunction (105º C according to Intel) but it makes me uneasy to see these temps (my desktop Xeon sits comfortably at 30-35º C indle all year, in comparison).

Any tips on how to lower it? Usage is your typical seedbox + apache + file server.
>>
>>59623401
if liquid metal didnt even lower it anything, there's something else wrong with it.
>>
>>59623385
I've got a chromebook running ubuntu but the buttons don't work half the time and I don't like linux :^)
>>
>>59623451
https://galliumos.org/
Here you go, mindless consumer
>>
>>59623429
>>59623401
like incorrectly attached cooler, or the internal heatspread is fucked.
>>
File: SR27G I3-5005U.jpg (65KB, 690x518px) Image search: [Google]
SR27G  I3-5005U.jpg
65KB, 690x518px
>>59623493
forgot to say, CPU is a Celeron 3205U. It doesn't even come with an IHS I can remove, looks like pic related.

I'll try re-attaching the heatsink and tightening things up a bit. Might change the TIM while i'm at it. Any idea if liquid metal ever goes bad?
>>
do i need an antenna for bluetooth? if i take an adaptor from a NUC and put it in a desktop would it work?
>>
The Debian installer can't detect the m.2 device on my motherboard. I've opened a shell.

Wat do?
>>
>>59623603
get one of these, they work perfectly

http://www.gearbest.com/usb-gadgets/pp_132019.html?wid=21
>>
>>59621592
probably jabber
>>
File: android-logo.jpg (8KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
android-logo.jpg
8KB, 480x350px
Hi,
I deleted a few videos a while back, any free apps that can recover them?
>>
>>59623667
search for the brand or model name on the system log to be sure (dmesg | grep [brand/model])
>>
>>59623693
No.
>>
I bought a motherboard in Amazon Mexico but it hasn't shipped yet.

It has been 36 hours now, should i open a chat with customer service and ask what is going on?
>>
I'm a 2nd year CS student searching for internships, but all the positions require things I have never touched before.

What do I do?
>>
So I need to get myself a old home theatre amp for my 250w transducer. I found a sony one ( DAV-BC250) but it has their shitty proprietary connectors. Can I just get some single female conectors and plug it on both pins?
>>
>>59623697
dmesg | grep -i samsung

Nothing.
>>
>>59623585
no idea. check the TIM brand's website.

>>59623603
bluetooth is short range so no you should not need an antenna.
What kind of adapter exactly are you talking about? What connection type does it have?

>>59623693
if you've used the device and downloaded things, or updated apps, it's almost guaranteed to have corrupted the videos.
>>
>>59623668
i just want to know if bluetooth needs an antenna or if it would work from a few inches away without, but thanks
>>
>>59623693
Only if you're rooted
>>
>>59623739
>What kind of adapter exactly are you talking about? What connection type does it have?
i think its one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/7260-HMWWB-Wireless-AC-Network-802-11ac-Bluetooth/dp/B00E7QGHE6
so PCIE
>>
>>59623742
>>59623739
Ok but could you link me to a tutorial or a free app? I have a Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
>>
>>59623667
btw, I have physical access to this thing while the cover is off the case, so I can plug it out and back in while shit is running if I so choose.
>>
File: 1490079876031.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1490079876031.png
119KB, 225x227px
Is it better to use my integrated graphics for a 2nd VGA monitor or just get a DVI to VGA for the GPU?
>>
>>59623789
Internals would have a shorter range than an external bluetooth adapter, but if you're not trying to connect from across a large room it shouldn't be a problem.

>>59623833
It wouldn't display anything if you have a gpu connected and you tried to use on board graphics.
>>
>>59623789
if it didnt have an antenna in the NUC you shouldnt need one now either just for bluetooth. WIFI on the other hand might need it.

>>59623833
integrated is disabled if you have a discrete card.
>>
trying to use veracrypt for this computer for a relative and it says "Windows does not appear to be installed on the drive from which it boots."
I looked around and other people with the same problem had their recovery partition set to disk 0 and their system partition set to disk 1, but this computer has everything set to the same disk, so why isn't it working?
>>
>>59623872
>>59623901
alright, I was leaning towards the DVI adapter anyway
>>
>>59616963
How do make my fonts look better on Debian?
>>
>>59622301
>does it work if you restart network manager?
just tried it with
>sudo service network-manager stop
>sudo service network-manager start
it restarts the network manager, but doesnt fix the problem. after restart, i didnt get wifi straight away. after unplugging and reconnecting the dongle, it does work.
>>
>>59623965
wait nevermind, i did a restart, tried it again and it works. did a restart again, tried it again to confirm, and it did work.
i guess i wasnt waiting enough the last time for it to find and connect to wifi.
what does that mean?
>>
>>59623738
does it show up in the bios?
>>
>>59621781
that doesn't seem to work

i mean my public IP address, perhaps this is not my routers IP

only way i know to find my public IP is via google or a website.
>>
>>59624002
Can't even enter BIOS for whatever reason. All I get is a black screen. It's an MSI H110I Pro motherboard, and it seems it might not support SATA based m.2 (which I have, with B&M key).

Guess I'll have to RMA this shit board.
>>
What type of monitor should I get for gaming with a high-spec build and where to get?
>>
>>59624063
remove the m.2 and try to enter the bios again
>>
>>59623077
try delving deeper into the power settings

i find limiting processor speed and making cooling fans 'passive' i.e slowing down processor instead of cooling system, works to increase battery life
>>
>>59624072
any 1ms 144Hz model, Amazon
>>
>>59624077
Still nothing. I've already done a BIOS reset too.
>>
>>59624101
thanks bud
>>
I'm having quite a problem with MEGA and I hope someone here can help.
Basically, I'm using the free 50GB plan, but I also have a shared folder from a friend, which goes over 80GB. In total, I have about 110GB of stuff.
Until now, MEGA only counted my own space (about 30GB) under the 50GB limit.
Fors some reason, today this changed, and both my 30GB and the 80GB from the shared folder are counted together. So basically now I have 219% of my space occupied, which in turn means MEGA won't sync my stuff anymore and it will delete some of my stuff in a month's time, unless I upgrade to one of the paid plans.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to solve it?
>>
>>59624157
RMA that shit senpai, no bios is a big no-no
>>
>>59617234
get a dac with toslink if your tv has it.
>>
>>59624055
ipconfig only shows your local IP.
you can just enter the router config and check there without going online.

>>59624171
you might have accidentally synced your shared folder to your own private one.
contact MEGA maybe.
>>
File: %pn_2017-03-28_21-39-27.png (14KB, 612x226px) Image search: [Google]
%pn_2017-03-28_21-39-27.png
14KB, 612x226px
>>59624239
I don't think that's it, since they're still considered separately here.
Still, don't know why I didn't think of just contacting MEGA. Thanks.
>>
>>59622951
Even if I want to OC the RAM? Wouldn't that use more power due to more RAM?
>>
File: 1416555640268.jpg (232KB, 919x612px) Image search: [Google]
1416555640268.jpg
232KB, 919x612px
>>59616963
So I recently installed Pure Nexus ROM on my Nexus 5, and the only issue I have is that its always says "charging slowly" and never quick charges even though its using the same charger.

What do?
>>
>>59624352
OCing RAM on those old boards make little to no performance increase.
And RAM is one of the least power hungry things in your computer.
Tho, usually a KIT with the least amount of stick is the best choice, but I wouldnt bother with such an old system.
>>
Here's a stupid one.

With newer motorola phones, is it really worth unlocking the bootloader and losing the warranty?
>>
Is this write amount unusual for an SSD with this on time?
>>
Yeah turns out from 1066 to 1600 there's only a 0.5 - 1fps increase. I'll just OC a hex core Xeon or something.
>>
>>59624190
Got a glimpse of it after another reset. I'll fuck around with it some more. Maybe I'll be able to flash it with an update.

Fucking lame about the m.2 though. That was one of the main reasons I bought it. Guess I'll order another m.2 drive and sell mine if I get shit working.

Wish me luck.
>>
What the fuck is with 40-50 year olds and Bose?
>>
>>59624527
Meant for >>59624387
>>
has anyone had luck with running csgo on linux? im trying it out right now, the game launches but it crashes right at startup, so im stuck with black screen and the only thing i can do is reboot. i have installed nvidia proprieritary drivers. what seems to be the issue here?
>>
>>59624596
didnt valve make their shit run on linux? at least their own SteamOS
>>
File: google.png (104KB, 1000x475px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
104KB, 1000x475px
What happense if you browse the web and then log in a google account or switch from an account to another, without deleting cookies and changing ip?
Does everything you do gets put into your other account, from their side?
I tried with my dummy accounts, the recommended ads don't match and my web history is clean in one of the accounts (pic isn't mine)
Shouldn't they have the same interests if google links them together?
Is it just me, the user, who can't see it, or do they take count of more than one person using a single pc so they keep them separate and don't assume it's the same person?
Where does google analytics fits into this, does it report back the sites you visited to google on both accounts?
Currently pursuing a P.h.D in botnets, don't mind the autism
>>
>>59624620
i know they should run on steamos lad, but im running mint at the moment and no matter what i try, csgo crashes on startup. installing the last nvidia proprieritary drivers that i havent tried, if it doesnt work after that then i dont know what to do. only thing to play with my friends.
>>
>>59624632
they make new cookies for that acc to seperate you, but they will know it's the same computer.
>>
I am trying to install Zdoom on Gentoo from: https://gpo.zugaina.org/games-fps/zdoom/RDep

What do I do with this .ebuild file?
>>
What's the trick to having a different username everywhere but being able to remember all of them?
>>
>>59624699
lastpass
>>
>>59624699
Use KeePass or a similar program.
>>
What's the best hardware/OS combo to MAX out battery life for web browsing on a laptop?

I'm talking 15+ hours.
>>
File: think.gif (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
think.gif
28KB, 600x600px
>>59624681
>but they will know it's the same computer
Yeah, since they know which device/os you are accessing from, and your browser
they don't put your previous cookies in the second account then?
I'm a bit confused, thanks for the fast answer
>>
>>59624777
cookies are stored on your computer, not their servers.

http://www.whatarecookies.com/
>>
>>59624528
have you tried changing the cmos battery? anyway, good luck
>>
In Java, if an object takes another object as a constructor parameter, can that first object use the methods of the second one?
I.e.
JPanel lblPanel = new JPanel();
lblPanel.setLayout(new GridLayout(2, 2));
out.println(lblPanel.getHgap()); //Does this work?
>>
>>59624832
not unless both derive from the same type that implements the method.

the constructor has nothing to do with that though.
>>
>>59624805
I wrote it the wrong way, I meant if they access to them the moment of the log in, or if they track the new ones only
I guess the answer would be they do both, but how does it work, wouldn't the data about me having a "name"cookie end on their server anyway?
>>
>>59624632
>>59624954
I'm assuming google does not use cookies but sessionStorage, which is separate per browser tab.
so no matter how many tabs you have open with different google accounts, it'll use the correct one.

now for old sites you had to implement it differently.
either the website didn't care and you ended up doing stuff for the wrong account or if they cared they put a reference of your user id in hidden fields that you post back on every request, so basically it wouldn't need to rely on the cookie when submitting forms.
>>
>>59624596
Try running csgo (or steam) from the terminal and check the stdout. Or just check the logs if there are any.
It worked fine last time I tried it, also with nvidia proprietary.
>>
>>59625101
were there any launch options you were using or what? or was there something else you needed to install/packages to get before launching csgo?
the most i can get to is loading screen when entering a match, after that my computer either just freezes or csgo crashes.
>>
File: 1489188858323.jpg (347KB, 2231x1880px) Image search: [Google]
1489188858323.jpg
347KB, 2231x1880px
Is there some free PDF reader for android that is not full of ads?
>>
>>59625030
>so no matter how many tabs you have open with different google accounts, it'll use the correct one.
Just one account, I logged out of one, and logged into another, same session too
I'm gonna read more on sessionstorage and the last pharagh you wrote, I don't understand very well.
Wish there was a way to see everything google had on your account, but they hide stuff from you.
It would be pretty scary, though.
They have information about you that you probably forgot, and you can't access it.
>>
>>59625274
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer&hl=en
didn't see any ads on this one yet.
>>
>>59625222
I wasn't using any launch options.
I had some problems with steam because of missing libraries or because it used the outdated ones that came with steam.
The arch wiki has a good article for steam issues.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam/Troubleshooting

>loading screen when entering a match, after that my computer either just freezes or csgo crashes
Sorry, no idea. Try updating your nvidia drivers if they're old and check the logs.
>>
>>59625299
For session, I mean that I didn't close the window
For the switch I made it in the same tab, and I had other sites open in other tabs
>>
Is it a bad idea to sync all my image files including reaction images, WebM's, screencaps and screenshots to Box Cloud Storage?
>>
File: dogestanza.jpg (40KB, 560x422px) Image search: [Google]
dogestanza.jpg
40KB, 560x422px
We have an Ethernet cable going from our router to a switch in the house, the cable is about 20 - 25 meters long. It's an old router we got from our ISP and the wireless isn't very good. I tried replacing the router with an Asus RT-AC750 since that has better wireless. But when using the Asus router the cable signal won't reach the faraway switch. However it works with shorter cables.

Why is the old router able to send signal through the 20 meter long Ethernet cable, and the new Asus router not? Shouldn't all routers and switched be able to use >100m cables? I tired looking for some Eco settings or something I could turn off, but I didn't find anything. I also updated to the newest firmware.
>>
What would you use to add an image to a Java Swing program GUI?
>>
>>59625358
i have tried everything that my pea sized brain can comprehend at the moment.
now i dont even get to launch a map or anything, it straight up crashes after launchup.
trying my hardest to like linux but after three days of trying to get this shit to work with different distros and shit im about to give up
>>
>>59625394
do you care if someone else potentially see them? if you dont care it's not a bad idea.

>>59625459
what CATx is the cable and what speeds do you get on your LAN that it tries to send thru that cable?
>>
>>59625030
Also, in the second account I didn't do anything
Just created it, check if something was there and logged out
Sounds dumb, but I don't know if google still has data on it
>>
>>59616963
What is a good way to back up an entire HDD? I was about to use a program called "Genie Timeline 5". Is it good, or do you guys know a better program to use? I figured I'd ask here before doing something that may be dangerous, because I'm a layman when it comes to tech.
>>
>>59625572
5e. Our internet connection is ~50mbit and we get that through the cable with the old router. With the new router there is no signal at all through the cable.
>>
>>59625584
clonezilla
>>
>>59625591
are you using the correct ports on the new router?
do you have another long cable to try?
have you checked the router settings?
>>
File: 1484699200096.jpg (44KB, 875x399px) Image search: [Google]
1484699200096.jpg
44KB, 875x399px
>>59625394
>>59625572
>someone else potentially see them
Is that likely? Is it more likely if I'm using Box as opposed to OneDrive? I had them in the latter. There's not much personal in there, but I do have the occasional screencap of an online order or something and there's probably some nsfw stuff there
>>
>>59625608
Thank you my dude!
>>
>>59625658
>1 x RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT for WAN, 4 x RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT for LAN
They're all the same.

I don't have another cable that long. But shorter cables work just fine.
>>
>>59625660
>is that likely
no.
just move personal stuff out of the sync folder.
>>
>>59625688
have you tried all the ports?
do you get full speed thru the cable with the old router when transferring files from one PC to another over the LAN?
>>
>>59625567
Seriously, check the logs. You should be able to find them at /tmp/dumps, if you check them right after the game crashes, it will likely say what happened.
Source games have worked very well for me on linux and I've probably had fewer crashes than on windows.
>>
>>59625691
>no
>just move personal stuff out of the sync folder
Just a safety measure then? I was just concerned if Box might have had some huge problems in the past with security or the like. OneDrive feels more secure.
I don't have anything too personal in there, like I said some caps of stuff is probably as personal as it gets and a lot of 4chan caps. Maybe some (You)'d posts, I don't even know it's like 20GB
>>
>>59625712
I guess I could give those two things a try tomorrow. The router and the long cable is in my landlords apartment. I haven't used LAN connection between PC's for anything on this network, but the internet connection through the cable is always stable at 50 mbit with the old router.
>>
>>59625787
weird. i'd try to get another long cable just to make sure that's not the problem and so you can rule out if it's the cable or the router that's causing it.
>>
>>59625844
Yeah I guess. I don't get why the same cable would work fine with one router and not another though.
>>
i have a asus z170-k mobo with corsair rm850i psu , i-7700k and corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 8gb 3200mhz
computer won't boot up. mouse and keyboard seem to be unpowered and there's only black screen on the monitor so i suspect that psu and mobo don't like each other
is there a site where i can check the compatibility between each component?
or perhaps someone here has some experience with these?
>>
>>59625879
PCPartPicker usually does compatibility for you.
Compatibility between MB and PSU is unusual though. Never heard of it.

Try >>59622558 .
>>
>>59624758
Windows and anything with a replaceable battery.
>>
>>59625938
will do, thanks
>>
need some help with a chinese motor.

tian ji gear motor, model is not marked but options are ch or cv. 110vac, 1/2hp 400w

it has 5 wires labeled
1 black
2 brown
3 blue
4 white and then green/yellow which im assuming is ground

its reversible. clockwise is
->3-1
->4-2

counter clockwise is
->2-1
->4-3

1 and 4 stayed in the same spot and i need to change 2 and 3.

am i safe to assume black is hot, white is return?
>>
What data does google have on you, other than the apps you downlooad in the store, when you add an account to an android phone and don't sync anything?
>>
>>59626048
your google searches
if using Chrome, your browsing history, logins, etc
>>
>>59626078
>google searches
>browsing history
Even if you are logged out of chrome and don't use the google bar app?
Can't see shit on the account page though, shouldn' at least the searches show up on the web history page?
>>
>>59625865
same, i'm leaning towards an issue with the asus router. maybe take it back to the store (unless you bought it online) and ask them if they could test it with a long cable if you cant find one.

>>59626048
search history, every website that use their ads or any of their services like captcha, they have a record where you go.
>>
help blis
>>
>>59626274
>>>/g/fgl
>>
>>59626295
thanks
>>
I was going to update yEd Graph Editor, but I'm not running a 80MB .sh file with non unicode characters in it.

Is there a good alternative?
>>
>>59626274
add conv=noerror status=progress
maybe something like bs=512 or bs=4096

If your hard drive is dying, you may want to use ddrescue instead.
>>
Am I supporting my freedumbs by buying AMD
>>
>>59625713
those logs seem to be purging themselves every time i reboot/go back into system so theres no relevant info on them
i have been working o n l y on getting this to work for three days so i could play and have fun with my lads
starting to lose it
>>
>>59626346
Yes.
>>
>>59626345
How do I do this? I have near zero Linux experience, I'm still learning the basics
>>
>>59626374
Yeah, everything in /tmp gets deleted on reboot. If your whole system crashes every time, you'll have to write them somewhere else.
You can do that by closing steam, opening a terminal and typing
steam &> logfile

Although if it crashes your whole system, there might be some bigger issues.

>>59626406
sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb conv=noerror bs=512 status=progress

This will make dd continue even if there are errors, but as I said, you may want to check out ddrescue instead.
If status=progress doesn't work, leave it out.
>>
>>59626538
whole system crashes, csgo hangs at "loading resources" and doesnt do anything
i mean i think the whole system crashes, i havent been able to close csgo or anything
>>
>>59626588
Try pressing ctrl + alt + f1 or ctrl + alt + f2
If it works, you can log in and kill csgo with htop or kill / killall.
Something like "systemctl restart lightdm" might work too depending on what distro you use.
>>
>>59626191
>>59626115
>>59626078
Can you see it anywhere in your account?
I use Chrome and search history is empty, Is my botnet broken?
>>
>>59626727
no that stuff is stored on their servers.
>>
>>59626538
How does ddrescue works?

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo ddrescue if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb
ddrescue: Can't open input file: No such file or directory
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$
>>
>>59626761
sudo ddrescue /dev/sda /dev/sdb
>>
>>59626759
Makes sense, so it's all tied to the gmail you put on the android even if you don't log in chrome?
>>
>>59626792
they can do it without an account, without an email. if you go online and make a search, they store your IP, location and browser ID etc. as much data as they can, what you searched etc.
if you clear you history and everything, and then use the same computer and network, they can guess that it's still you.
if you then login to any google service account they can link all that to you even if you were not logged in before.
if you dont want them to track you, dont be logged into google accounts, dont save cookies or history, use a google search anonymizer, and use a VPN.
>>
>>59626868
and use something like ublock and umatrix to block google ads and stop other websites from telling google you visited their website.
>>
>>59626868
>>59626890
I do all of this except for the vpn and umatrix (I'm tech illiterate), but I've been tracked a lot before in the past, so I wanted to know more about what they knew and how it worked since you can't take back what you gave them.
>>
File: fan curves.png (28KB, 346x655px) Image search: [Google]
fan curves.png
28KB, 346x655px
How are my fan curves?
>>
>>59626969
non-linear
>>
File: default fancurves.png (28KB, 348x658px) Image search: [Google]
default fancurves.png
28KB, 348x658px
>>59626969
These were the default curves but the card was loud.
>>
>>59626969
not actually curved lines/10
>>
>>59626969
ease it off
>>
File: 1382863709821.png (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382863709821.png
25KB, 1280x720px
>>59623241
>chinese
>not spying
>>
>>59627038
China forced Microsoft to make a version without Telemetry for their government, not for their population, so there is most likely no spying going on at all in this version.
>>
File: Untitled.png (49KB, 1074x789px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49KB, 1074x789px
Can't I just drag and drop my code onto the website? What is this garbage they're telling me to do
>>
>>59623985
are you still around?
not sure what exactly the problem is but that means theres an easy fix
make a "wifi-workaround.service" in /etc/systemd/system
paste this in it
[Unit]
Description=Restart network manager at startup

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/bin/systemctl restart network-manager.service

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

then open terminal and do
sudo systemctl enable wifi-workaround.service
>>
>>59627222
you can, you can also write all your code in Microsoft word.
>>
My Corsair H100I V2 stopped working, is there anyway of fixing it myself or should I get warranty? The Radiator fans are spinning at max speed however the CPU temps were at 97 Degrees Celsius. I've left the system alone overnight, is there anything I can do?
>>
>>59621592
Microsoft Lync?
>>
>>59627386
No, the pump is dead. RMA it.
>>
>>59627222
It takes like 3 seconds to learn how to use git.
If you can't, you shouldn't be programming anything.
>>
>>59626274
ddrescue
it will retry/skip unreadable sections as necessary

i'm assuming you're aware there's something wrong with sda, and that you're just trying to get what you can for recovery purposes, right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (61KB, 632x549px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61KB, 632x549px
So my computer failed to start and after it repaired itself, it realized it hasn't been a genuine copy for the few years I've had this PC. I've avoided getting Windows 10 for as long as I could, but it seems that after a while it's going to force me to buy it.

I assume this is not salvageable, so I'm willing to look into getting W10. Is there a specific version I should be getting so that it doesn't keep resetting privacy settings? I'm in the process of googling this shit now but any advice or experience would be appreciated.
>>
i dont wanna die
immortality when?
maybe put our brain in robots or something?
can we convert dna to 0s and 1s to store memories and shiet yet?
can i contribute or work in this field? whats it called?
>>
Hello. I have a 120gb SSD near max with Ubuntu installed. The home and root folders share the same partition. How can I separate them to change my OS installation. I have any single 4gb USB stick.
>>
>>59627597
You're an idiot.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3558cc5a599841b3baa98d960e259caa66748e6d&dn=Windows%20Loader%20v1.9.6&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:224c23d2fc76f0a73d3f6b20d6a16368827cbce1&dn=MSTOOLKIT_MTKV26B5.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969
>>
>>59627597
are you retarded?
Just activate W7 with the loader
>>
>>59619959
use video downloadhelper addon on any firefox browser
>>
>>59620161
What total size of files are we talking about?
>>
>>59627572
Alright Cheers Mate
>>
>Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 (165mm Height)
>be quiet! Pure Base 600(cpu cooler max height 165mm)
Anyone know if this will actually fit or is it gonna be to big/a pain in the ass to assemble?
>>
Can someone help me decide between the Lenovo Y720 and the Inspiron 7567? In both cases I will be going for the higher priced model, the 7567 with an IPS screen and the Y720. The price difference is minimal enough (100$) that I can consider both.

How is the battery life on either, and which one offers better specs for the price? I will not be playing games while not plugged in, but I do expect the battery to last me a while if the laptop is idle/sleeping/shitposting/programming.
Please help.
>>
I just got PIA and qBittorrent has stopped working for me. Tried adding their SOCKS5 proxy with host 109.201.154.242 port:1080 & authentithication from their website, and it still doesn't work. Any thoughts?
>>
>>59616963
Question, how do I make the top part of the 4Chan X settings always appear? Currently, I need to hover around the top of the page for it to show
>>
How short can a tripcode be before its obsolete? 4chan's is 10 characters long, would 5 characters be too easy to find a collision?
>>
I'm thinking of setting up a personal server, and would like something that doesn't consume a lot of power and doesn't take up a lot of space. What sort of hardware should I look for? Anything that can be done on a budget?
>>
>>59628232
Any tripcode can be found, all it takes is an autist that cares enough to let the program do it's thing until it finds your tripcode.

Probably a nice test for the new Ryzen - bruteforcing the shitty tripfags.
>>
>>59627631
>>59627621

Thanks, I learned something today. The guy who helped me build this PC took care of the crack, so I had no idea about it.

I got it working, so thank you.
>>
>>59628276
raspberry pi is usually bought for this
limited bandwidth with the single bus and usb 2 though
>>
I just bought PIA, but I don't know how to get it set up on Ubuntu Server. Is there a way to do it through the terminal without using their GUI application?
>>
Old Dude here buying his kid a college/gaming computer. on Dell page. Clueless...
Need a build recommendation for college stuff and modded games.
best under 800$
>>
If I wanted to host a Star Wars Battlefront 2 server on a VPS, how would I do this?
>>
>>59628293
So lets say for something real time like a chat room it would probably be safe unless the autist is the nsa or the equivalent?
>>
>>59628413
What does he do, classes I mean? Most kids at college could get by with a 200 dollar Chromebook.
Supporting his video game addiction will only lead to bad things.
>>
>>59628457
I don't think you can. You'd have to use game ranger and it requires an active host instead of a dedicated server iirc.
>>
What's a fantastic VPN service? I wouldn't mind shilling out a few bucks if it meant a high quality VPN.
>>
>>59628466
All I know is that's it's perfectly reasonable for any random person to match a five character 4chan tripcode given some time.
>>
>>59628490
Can you put this into layman's speak?
>>
>>59628468
This is true but i've always been a bad influence. Kid is going into welding/fab/architecture. puter needs to run CAD or other engineer-like programs. plus modded Bethesda stuff
>>
>>59628560
game has to be hosted by someone "playing" the game rather than just a server and nothing more
>>
File: thinkpad2.jpg (709KB, 1256x819px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad2.jpg
709KB, 1256x819px
I am going to use Windows 7 SP1 basically until it is fully unsupported it. I have no plans on switching to 10. Aside from NTLite, are there alternative programs that allow you to modify and build your own iso? i.e. remove certain console features, services, programs, components, drivers, and etc? I am aware of tiny7 and embedded editions...
>>
how would I replace my laptop battery cells?
I got an old elitebook and the cells are low on juice and I still use it everyday
>>
>>59628276
>>59628333
I should add I would be running windows on it (multi-purpose, including game server), so a pi wouldn't be an option for me anyway.
>>
File: rss_512.png (35KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
rss_512.png
35KB, 512x512px
How do I create an RSS feed for a website that doesn't offer one? I don't want to use online services to generate an RSS link.
>>
>>59628823
right click > page info >feeds
>>
Where can I get high voltage power factor correction capacitors typically used in substations?

I'm looking for rated voltages on the order of 1kV to 10kV.

This is for personal use, not industrial. What can I expect to pay?
>>
File: 3273339598955608632-account_id=1.jpg (704KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
3273339598955608632-account_id=1.jpg
704KB, 1536x2048px
What kind of slot is this? (Where it says 16421Y)

Thanks anon
>>
So I'm having a problem with pic related.

I like it a lot so far, it's fast even for the toaster I own.

However, when I enter Whatsapp Web, it logs in for a second and then exits, and qupzilla throws at me the "failed loading page" error

Could you give me any help? Why is this happening?
>>
File: Qupzilla_Logo.png (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Qupzilla_Logo.png
22KB, 200x200px
>>59629297
forgot pic lol
>>
>>59629270
Looks like a M.2 key B slot.
>>
im recording everything lossless...

if i have 30s of some stupid footage from a game that i want to save for a montage later.. how do i just take that and save just that section WITHOUT rendering it?

i dont want 40-50gb files sitting on my computer so i can pull a 30s clip out of it..

i've just being rendering the parts i want but that will leave me with videos that will have been rendered twice by the time i compile all the rendered clips, then render the entire movie...

there has to be a way to just cut or clip a section, save that section AS IS, so i can delete the remaining excess file
>>
>>59629482
On second thought it's probably key E. For wifi/bluetooth.
>>
>>59629503
this is in vegas pro 13 btw
>>
>>59627815
pls respond
>>
does w10 education have the telemetry memes or can I disable most of it? Looking to get rid of my home copy and exchange for the education copy i got for free from skool
>>
Can someone post that Windows 7 update guide pastebin?
>>
>>59629684
It's outdated, big time
>>
Does anyone know how to make Android automatically lower the notification and alarm volumes when a wired headset is plugged in and revert it when it's unplugged? I'm on 7.0 if it matters.
>>
What's with the 100 different versions of each graphics card? There's so many different gtx 1070s that I don't even know where to start. Where can I easily find out the differences between each? Or even better, which one is the best one?
>>
Could it be that the BIOS won't display properly due to the processor being Kaby Lake? It's a Skylake board, so I'd probably need a BIOS update in order to make it work, but for that I need a Skylake CPU...

Is that it?
>>59624063
>>
>>59629980
Differences mostly come down to stock clock speed, cooler design, power phases, and warranty
>>
>>59629684
>install windows 7
>turn off all windows updates
There, pasted.
>>
>>59629638
>does w10 education have the telemetry memes
yes
> can I disable most of it?
yes
>Looking to get rid of my home copy and exchange for the education copy i got for free from skool
There's no need to replace, home to Education is an in place upgrade. Go control panel, change product key, put in your new one.
>>
>>59630004
Check the box to see if there's any indication of manufacture date or preinstalled BIOS version.
>>
How do i make a tampermonkey script only work on one website?
>>
>>59630355
Can't see a date or anything to indicate it was ready for the 7th generation.

It makes sense. I'll just return it and switch it with another board I found. Pretty annoying, but I guess I have only myself to blame.
>>
File: ga780727.gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
ga780727.gif
43KB, 600x174px
G403 vs G Pro?
Is the 403 worth the extra 8 bucks?
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.