[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not trolling. Is Terry a Genius?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 29

File: 1489768482677.jpg (234KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1489768482677.jpg
234KB, 1440x1440px
Say he wasn't crazy and was in university. Would this guy be of research calibre? Would he be able to publish papers in the OS field? Would he be a top student? Is he objectively better than most computer science peeps?
>>
If he wasn't schizophrenic, he'd still probably have the autism that he must surely have to have been able to make his own operating system from scratch. So when you ask if he wasn't crazy, if he was completely normal, he probably wouldn't be able to achieve anything without his autism, so no. But with his autism, he's definitely a genius. Not household-name-tier genius, but Richard Stallman-tier, easily.
>>
>>59453310
Some people are too smart for their own good. Terry is one of those. After having been a deeply atheistic person, he turned to Christ!
>>
>>59453477
>Richard Stallman-tier, easily.
Richard Stallman isn't a genius.
>>
>>59453477
>can't be genius because autist

Einstein didn't start speaking until when and how old was he when he finally learned to tie his shoes?
>>
he's a tax leech and should get exterminated for being a demented freak
>>
>>59453310

No, he made a substandard OS. Only reason why he's become such a meme is because he continuously spots the same inappropriate racist shit that 4chan embodies.
>>
File: 1489195843806.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489195843806.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
I'm the most intelligent human on this planet.

Trust me when I say that Terry is a genius. His OS wasn't made purely with hard work and autism. When I watch his shitty videos I can sense that the mental connections he makes and the ideas he has (when he isn't stuck in an autistic / schizophrenic loop of illogical thoughts) show that he is a fucking genius. I saw a part in a livestream where he was wearing 2 caps and when he tried to put his hoodie on he said "it won't work, topology". The nigga thought about topology when a normal person would've just thought "too many caps, can't wear my hoodie, not possible". This sort of imagination and creativity is what makes people geniuses.
>>
>>59453477
Stallman is an idiot the caliber of liberal arts majors.
>>
>>59453477
>stallman-tier
Fat autistic communist jew?
>>
>>59455064
>the same inappropriate racist shit /pol/ embodies
FTFY

>>59454978
Do you also believe Newton thought of gravity when an apple hit him in the head?
>>
>>59453310
His work is far too simple and flawed, and he knows it.
>>
He went to ASU, he's not a genius.
>>
File: big brain.jpg (15KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
big brain.jpg
15KB, 197x256px
Temple OS is a coverup to get the CIA niggers attention and keep them occupied with that 'thinking' they have him cased out. In reality terry probably has secret OS projects that are far better then anything we know today.
>>
>>59455147
you can't be serious, lol
>>
>>59455466
Going to university is a sign of stupidity. You can find all information online, and if you need someone to help you to digest it, I'm afraid you are not very smart.
>>
>>59455528
quoted the wrong, dude, damn
>>59455147
you are quite right, sir, I get where you coming from and agree with you wholeheartedly
>>
>>59453310
Is he wearing mascara in that pic?
>>
>>59453310
No, other people have done what he's done without veing autistic. Writing a compiler for a small language and a kernel is nothing out of the ordinary.
/g/ toddlers like him because he's the ebic cia nigger man xd
>>
>>59455529
But most businesses require some sort of degree before they hire you. They just want to know you have the work ethic to actually do something for 4+ years.

Anyways, my post was a jab at ASU. It's not known for the quality of it's graduates or anything (except I guess the business school?), it's known as a party school that will accept almost anybody and has one of the highest STD rates of any college.
>>
>>59455585
A lot of people that have had head injuries and suffer from mania/schizophrenia/dementia have eyes that pop like that.
>>
>>59455436

There's nobody who knew first hand presently alive to refute it.
>>
>>59455621
>Writing a compiler for a small language and a kernel is nothing out of the ordinary.

Agreed. I've developed C compilers professionally. I got paid well to do it, but very few people know my name. I'm a pretty good software engineer, but then, there's a lot of people out there who are pretty good -- I know because I've worked with some of them.

Writing a ring-0-only OS with a text-only interface and no networking -- that sounds like something that would be assigned to a small group of grad students to do as an academic project.
>>
>>59453310
he's smarter than anyone else ive interacted with
>>
>>59455921
bull shit you did

fucking larping faggots are ruining my g
>>
>>59453310
I just hope /g/ doesn't troll him to suicide ot to become a serial killer...

He has Ted Kaczynski levels of crazyness.
>>
>>59455147
I'm assuming your pic was intended to show what we should think about your post.

If so, then -- mission accomplished.
>>
>>59455921
xactly
/g/ is crap at anything other than buying phones
>>
>>59455042
He has his own money from a big ticketmaster job he did.

He doesn't get schizobux, tard.
>>
>>59455977
>bull shit you did

Microtec Research MCC960 C compiler (C89), targeting the Intel 80960 processor. Principal developer on both the front-end and the code-generator. Front-end was used on numerous other C compilers in the MCC product line.

Wow, it's been years since I thought about that project. I was so young back then....
>>
File: 1489765899325.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1489765899325.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>59456022
buull shit
>>
>>59453310
>Say he wasn't crazy
founding God is not crazy
>>
>to this day retarded NEETs don't seem to realize that what Terry does on a daily basis is present on most CS courses
that is, if you didn't study in a shitty college.
>>
File: 1489504135402.jpg (649KB, 1600x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1489504135402.jpg
649KB, 1600x1265px
Terry's brother is like totally different

Strange how god works
>>
>is he objectively better than most CS peeps
Yes, certainly, even now. But that's not a particularly high standard.
>>
>>59455364
>Stallman
>liberal arts

Read some of his technical research papers. His paper on truth maintenance in AI with circuit analysis as an example was amazing. The tricks that I thought were just intuition from experience analyzing and designing electronics for 15 years ended up being something that could be rigorously defined. It was mind blowing.
>>
>>59456060
>god works in strange ways
God doesn't work. He's been leeching off events that happened two millenia ago.
GET A JOB GOD.
>>
>>59455921
that's because terry IS academic and you aren't. get lost brainlet
>>
>>59455529
>You don't need a driving test to drive, just watch the car driving!
>>
Terry released his transcripts. He got mostly As in upper level CS courses.

He could have gotten a PhD if he wanted and have went on to do PhD level research in OS if he weren't so crazy.

He possess the intellect to do whatever he wants.. He is smarter than 99.9% of the people here / the world.

Terry is very, very gifted intellectually. He has a mental illness and that isn't his fault.
>>
>>59456037
Anon C compilers really aren't hard.
>>
>>59456060
What the fuck is this picture
>>
File: christ chan loves you.png (284KB, 921x589px) Image search: [Google]
christ chan loves you.png
284KB, 921x589px
>>59456136
>God can't exist because all he does is watch his ant farm
>>
>>59456009
He's on disability you mong
>>
She what happens to atheists? God's punishes them with mental illnesses.
>>
>>59456270
Didn't say that. You can't disprove God by the standards religions usually put up.
It's not worth worshipping out of anything but fear if it does exist though.
>>
>>59456184
>He has a mental illness and that isn't his fault.
It is, I firmly believe that God punished him.
>>
>>59456325
modern schizophrenics are what would used to be considered prophets
>>
File: 1476130659638.jpg (139KB, 1508x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476130659638.jpg
139KB, 1508x1000px
>>59456315
>it's not worth having a society that teaches morals instead of just making laws and saying not to break them
>>
>>59456325
God knew he was going to run over the CIA nigger. He played 4D chess.
>>
>>59456343
>teaching morals
Can be done and is being done without God practically all the time.
But it's humans that teach these people. Not God. So I'd refer you to every other religion on earth and see how well they fit your view.
>discussing religion on 4chan
It's been so many years holy shit.
>>
>>59456123
You mean Sussman's paper?
>>
>http://www.templeos.org/
>ctrl+f 'nigger'
>24 matches
>>
>>59455919
Yesterday I saw an unicorn, therefore, unicorns are real. You have to believe me because there's nobody who knew first hand presently alive to refute it.
>>
File: elections.jpg (98KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
elections.jpg
98KB, 736x736px
>>59456371
>But it's humans that teach these people.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit of course.
>So I'd refer you to every other religion on earth and see how well they fit your view.
Like what Mayan culture?
>Blood was viewed as a potent source of nourishment for the Maya deities, and the sacrifice of a living creature was a powerful blood offering. By extension, the sacrifice of a human life was the ultimate offering of blood to the gods, and the most important Maya rituals culminated in human sacrifice. Generally only high status prisoners of war were sacrificed, with lower status captives being used for labour.

>Important rituals such as the dedication of major building projects or the enthronement of a new ruler required a human offering. The sacrifice of an enemy king was the most prized offering, and such a sacrifice involved decapitation of the captive ruler in a ritual reenactment of the decapitation of the Maya maize god by the Maya death gods.[349] In AD 738, the vassal king K'ak' Tiliw Chan Yopaat of Quiriguá captured his overlord, Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil of Copán and a few days later he ritually decapitated him;[350] The decapitation of an enemy king may have been performed as part of a ritual ballgame reenacting the victory of the Maya Hero Twins over the gods of the underworld.[349] Sacrifice by decapitation is depicted in Classic period Maya art, and sometimes took place after the victim was tortured, being variously beaten, scalped, burnt or disembowelled.[351] The Hero Twins myth recounted in the Popol Vuh relates how one of each pair of twins was decapitated by their ballgame opponents.
They wouldn't be like this if they had known of Jesus and his teachings.
>>
>>59456165
but anon, you dont need a driving test to drive

if you cant figure out how to drive for yourself, you're an idiot.
>>
>>59453310

He was, he's dead now :(
>>
>>59456379
Yeah that's the one.
https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/6255/AIM-380.pdf?sequence=4
>>
>>59455147
this is hilarious
>>
>>59456060
That's a lot of CIA niggers
>>
>>59456343
>believing in a religion because of the alleged secondary consequences of not believing in it
>admitting you don't believe because you're convinced because of the evidence
Why pick Christianity when tons of other religions exist that enable even better societies? Ie: Japan is great so why not convert to Shinto?
>>
>>59456710
>japan is great
weebs are so delusional
>>
>>59456729
I'm not a weeb. Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and some of the highest standards of living. The USA (Christian) has a very high crime rate for the developed world and massive inequality (lots of poor people). Africa (mostly Christian) has a lot of problems related to a lack of morality. Japan is objectively better than them.
>>
>>59456060
man I like seeing those young girls
>>
>>59456750
>Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and some of the highest standards of living
That's because Japan is completely homogeneous you inbred. But, their culture is a fucking mess. See: suicide rate, birth rate, depression rate.
And they wouldn't have a "high standard of living" without the US industrializing them.
>>
>>59456750
The USA also has a lot of Niggers, CIA, and CIA niggers. Of course the crime rate is higher.
>>
>>59456784
But plenty of Christian countries also have similar stats in that regard to Japan. The US occupation only lasted for a few years and no country ever developed with trade with other countries and foreign investment. And Japan was very developed before WW2 as well.
>>
>>59456060
>posting agathas family
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>59456793
But niggers are the most religious demographic in the USA, isn't that just proof Christianity is based according to the logic you're defending?
>>
>>59456807
>ww2
what the fuck. please read a history book.
try 100 years earlier.

fucking weebs man..

>>59456872
>dude religion lmao
culture isn't entirely religion you stupid fuck. our basic morality is based on Christianity, but almost nothing else about contemporary western culture is derived from Christianity.

fucking atheists man..
>>
>>59456194
Thats not even a C compiler, it's his own shitty language . Making a language and it's compiler is an year 4 assignment. Why are americans do far behind with their education?
>>
>>59456905
>please read a history book.
Appeal to authority. Why can't you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Is it because you don't know the subject matter well enough and just resort to flinging petty insults like "weeb"? Boy, your Christian morality sure made you a nice person...

>culture isn't entirely religion you stupid fuck.
Why so angry? Aren't you supposed to love your enemies? Why don't you love me?

>but almost nothing else about contemporary western culture is derived from Christianity.
And Christianity built on top of what came before. Stealing from both middle eastern religions that came before, and from paganism of the peoples that it converted.

>fucking atheists man..
You L I T E R A L L Y admitted you believe in something without evidence, because you like the alleged societal impact. And I'm the weird one?
>>
>>59456974
Fuck we even make ASTs and interpreters>>59456974
for our own languages in bachelors.
>>
>>59456542
Good read anon. Much appreciated
>>
>>59456978
>appeal to authority
that doesnt work with objective realities such as written history and im not even religious you absolute fucktard.

>dude why so mad xdd
because arguing with retarded weebs is nauseating
>>
>>59456974
everything from the hardware to the software, every single shred of what you're using to type that comment was designed and written, respectively, in the US.

>dude americans
yawn
>>
>>59453310
>Is Terry a Genius?
No.
>Would this guy be of research calibre?
Yes. He is the sort of guy that, if he were in better mental health, could be a team lead at Google/Microsoft/whatever and talk to the likes of Rob Pike as a peer.
>>
>>59457056
>im not even religious
Hilarious damage control.

>>dude why so mad xdd
That's not what I was getting at but whatever.

>because arguing with retarded weebs is nauseating
So why do you even do it? Do you get some sick pleasure out of degrading yourself like this?
>>
>>59457085
you haven't even made a single factual argument.

face it. you're a weeb. it's okay.
low crime is a product of homogeneity. Accept it and move on.
>>
>>59457122
>hyper focusing on this one point I made instead of focusing on the big picture
Jesus is a fag :DDDDDD
>>
>>59456022
Why are you wasting your time here, anon?
>>
File: 1489615726560.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489615726560.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>59453477
Do you think Terry hates pay toilets as much as RMS?
>>
>>59456600
For you.
>>
>Say he wasn't crazy and was in university. Would this guy be of research calibre?
Yes
>>
Did Terry every acknowledge his schizophrenia? Has he ever talked about his life before he became a schizo?
>>
Which one of you did this
>>
Wow, I know this guy. I was reading up on some cryptocurrency stuff and I saw a comment about him ranting and raving about Jews backdooring NIST random numbers or something. It was hilarious.
>>
>>59455064
>Substandard OS
You just don't understand what he's trying to do you retarded faggot.
It's SUPPOSED to be "substandard" because it's a throw back to a simpler era and it's supposed to be an educational tool for young people to learn and appreciate coding.
His manifesto states that TOS is for recreational programming and that programming is supposed to be enjoyable and fun which is why he created HolyC which is a very very streamlined C derivative.

>sub standard.

I'd say, in terms of functionality the simplest function is always the best function. You just need to learn how to use the system because it's a little different from pretty much everything else.
For what TempleOS is for, it's the best.

In Terry's words.
"TempleOS is superior to Unix for the Individual because of it's lack of pedantic permissions and the fact that everything is Ring 0, but for a PERSONAL computer, the User should command the OS not the other way around"
I paraphrased because I can't find the exact quote.

Tl;dr
Temple OS is actually a lot of fun to play with and in my opinion, for what it's designed to do, I think it's the best OS.
>>
>>59453310
>is guy be of research calibre?
yes
>>
>>59455626
asu hasn't been a party school for like 6 years now
you're retarded
>>
>>59456037
What if I told you that he's not the only person here to have written a compiler? Or an assembler?

nigger_from_the_matrix.tiff
>>
>>59457508
low quality, faggot
>>
>>59455147
amaze us o great one
>>
>>59456408
You do understand it does not matter at all if he was hit by an apple or not and that the falling apple is juat used as an somewhat interesting example of the concept?
>>
>>59453477
>stallman-tier
You mean the jew who wrote a legal document on how to make no money from your software?

I could have done that too. He's not extra smart. He was just the first person to complete the licence work for open source software. An inevitability. Right place, right time.
>>
>>59458284
>I coul have done that too
Prove it faggot
>>
>>59458256
low quality faggot
>>
>>59458284
>legal document

what you're calling a legal document is actually a combination of lega and document or as I like to call Legal + document
>>
>>59458254
Go be an uninteresting faggot somewhere else, this site obviously isn't for you. Maybe reggit suits you better.
>>
>>59458254
show off your jit c environment for us please

or whatever you have
>>
>>59457508
fukin top kek
>>
>>59453310
Impossible to tell. His accomplishments aren't all that remarkable, but he didn't exactly set out to replace Unix anyway.

He is right about one thing, though, and that's that so-called "MIT niggers" (really, academia in general) can be awfully caught up in archaic conventions about memory handling and compiler design that no longer make sense on modern hardware. That said, I couldn't do a better job of OS research than the MIT niggers, and it remains to be seen if Terry can either.
>>
File: nigger_cattle.webm (1MB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
nigger_cattle.webm
1MB, 640x356px
>>59456250
this
>>
>>59455147
Mate, do you even know what topology is?

> In mathematics, topology (from the Greek τόπος, place, and λόγος, study) is concerned with the properties of space that are preserved under continuous deformations, such as stretching, crumpling and bending, but not tearing or gluing.

Topologically there was no reason why he could not pull his hoodie on. The whole situation had absolutely nothing to do with topology.
>>
>>59455436
No, it's racist shit this and several other boards is full of too.

>everyone thinks niggers are sub human
>everyone hates indians
>everyone hates anyone who isnt straight white dude
>>
>>59456542
>invocation DEMONS
nuff said
>>
>>59453498
>>59455364
>>59455408
>>59458284
Bunch of millennial simpletons. Stallman is extremely intelligent.
>>
File: 37.jpg (224KB, 750x936px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
224KB, 750x936px
>>59453310
>Is Terry a genius?
Yes, I want his brain
>>
>>59458235
This, Linux imitates a multi-user mainframe from the 70s, while TempleOS imitates a single user microcomputer from the 80s.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5KB, 480x360px
>>59455921
How to be like you? When did you start programming?
>>
>>59458235
jesus christ dude calm down
>>
>>59456060
I thought this was real until I saw Agatha.
Fuck off robot, back to /r9k/, this board is for normies only.
>>
File: 1489787606211.jpg (191KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489787606211.jpg
191KB, 600x900px
Terry is a genius.
>>
File: terry large smiling.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
terry large smiling.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>genius
Code holds no value in inteself.
Most "beautiful" hard to write code is absolutly useless if it doesn't create value or satisfy needs.

That's why one sjw javascript coder is worth 10x terry because she create value of for site or meme startup. She Create something that is useful and productive. And it doesn't matter that her code is ugly and takes 4x more cpu with 10 different js library. It works and create value / GPD
Terry code doesn't do absolute anything that makes value and should be put in performance/religious group
>>
>>59460421
take your meds goddammit
>>
>>59460421

the whole purpose of this thread is IF terry applied himself you friccin moron

way to miss the point, u got beaned
>>
>>59456411
does everybody before jesus go to hell?
>>
File: kot.jpg (49KB, 448x500px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
49KB, 448x500px
>>59457070
>respectively
>>
>>59460421
This. The role of technology is to drive productivity growth. If your code doesn't do that it's worthless.
>>
>>59455919
There's how patents were issued. You had to have a eureka moment story.
>>
I'm sick of Terry, FUCK Terry!
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-18+at+09.12.17).png (322KB, 236x533px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-18+at+09.12.17).png
322KB, 236x533px
>>59456060
i wanna cum inside agatha's sister, she seems pure
>>
>>59455971
You and I just interacted so you might want to delete your post now kiddo
>>
>>59460420
Where did you find this picture?
>>
>>59460529
I believe she's severely autistic
>>
File: 1432695478515.jpg (50KB, 461x407px) Image search: [Google]
1432695478515.jpg
50KB, 461x407px
>>59455921
>text-only interface
TempleOS isn't you dweeb
>>
>>59456383
it is only 12 matches you shill
>>
File: pf.png (256KB, 865x543px) Image search: [Google]
pf.png
256KB, 865x543px
>>59457508
>>59458256
kek
http://articlebio.com/terry-davis
>>
>>59459476
well the lack of topology was the reason he couldnt put his hooddie on so..
>>
>>59460573
agatha throws around the word autistic like it's nothing so i don't know, she's probably just as autistic as us
>>
File: 1483585875775.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1483585875775.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
>>59460015
>Stallman is extremely intelligent.
lol
>>
>>59453310
kek https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Davis_(basketball)
>>
>>59460573
that is my fetish
>>
>>59455626

being a wageslave doesn't make you a genius.

yes, Terry is a genius. why people compare him with stallman? even the neckbeards here are smarter than this fat disqusting fuck. he can't eve install his own os, his own words!
>>
>>59460911
>>
>>59460421
It does provide value for what it's intended for you know nothing CIA nigger.

It's supposed to be an educational tool for recreational programmers.
It's fun. Fun has more value than most things in the world because it's so seldom had or found.
I'd say Fun is rarer than gold. Do you have fun? Ever? When was the last time apart from childhood where you sat down and had REAL fun?

TempleOS is a fun space to explore programming and coding and make some really cool shit.
Plus it's basically Fort Knox so CIA niggers can't attack you.
>>
File: 1489785133679.png (4MB, 1995x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1489785133679.png
4MB, 1995x1330px
>>59453310
He certainly is smarter than me, more accomplished and even articulates himself clearer than me.
>>
As with most geniuses, he went batshit crazy before his talents could be properly taken adavantage of.
>>
>>59457075
I think that is the definition of a genius
>>
>>59459127
If terry fit the sanity he could do research at mit in operating systems. He has the raw intellect and drive to do it at that level.
>>
The problem with your coder is that they doesn't know algorithms, data structures, how computers work at the low level or anything worthwhile. Everything has been abstracted for them at a very high level where they are essentially treating the computer as a black box. This coder would get smoked by Terry.
>>
>>59462121
Is intended for >>59460421
>>
Anyone know if the 3D printer thingy he was working on was actually good or not?
>>
>>59462400
Well, it almost burned his apartment down.
So I guess it wasn't too great
>>
>>59453310

Say Hitler would have a had a good childhood, didn't became antisemitic and gone to art school..

Blablabla.
It doesnt matter.
>>
>>59462506
>>59462400
That's because it was apparently before 3D printers really became mainstream
>>
>>59462021
Being able to do research or lead a team a Google is the definition of genius? You have low standards, man.
>>
>>59453310
>genius
>academia
nice meme
>>
>>59456784
White People made Japan what it is today. Gooks are for the most part unable to create anything on their own. They copy Whites and even with all the knowledge Whites have given them in the last 200 years they still need to work 10 times harder to accomplish (copy) things that come naturally to Whites. With that said, gooks are superior to other non-White races, but only because they work extremely hard compared to say niggers and spics.
>>
File: di matteo disapproves.png (162KB, 322x319px) Image search: [Google]
di matteo disapproves.png
162KB, 322x319px
>>59456325
>Maybe God IS the CIA nigger
>>
File: squid girl smug ika musume.png (582KB, 898x987px) Image search: [Google]
squid girl smug ika musume.png
582KB, 898x987px
>>59464705
>White people invented based Ika Musume
>>
He's a genius regardless
>>
>>59453310
>Say he wasn't crazy and was in university.
He wouldn't be a genius because he was studying or teaching at a university.
Would this guy be of research calibre?
No. He is not working well with others, he is not especially good at building on others research.
Would he be able to publish papers in the OS field?
He is able to right now, but he doesn't.
Would he be a top student?
Probably not.
Is he objectively better than most computer science peeps?
No. Not in any way.
And I don't mean because he made an OS that isn't on par with bigger projects, I mean because he doesn't do the work.
>>
>>59459476
>mate
i'm not interested in mating with you, ape
>>
>>59459476
>quotes wikipedia
>considers himself now an expert on topology
Mate, partner, oy m8, fancy an old bollock steak? let's drink the piss
>>
>>59465274
You missed the whole fucking point. English second language huh?

Terry is absolutely Research Caliber if he could control his demons. Hell even uncontrollable he's achieved more then 99.7% of those board could ever dream of.

Now go wash your fucking left hand third worlder, it reeks I'm sure
>>
>>59460562
some faggot went around to his house or something long time ago
wouldn't share all the pictures though
>>
>>59466000
Seriously? Holy shit
>>
>>59453310
>Would he be able to publish papers in the OS field?
Sure he would. Any idiot spending enough effort and time can.
>>
>>59458284
You know he also wrote the GNU GCC compiler. Right?
>>
>>59466477
You don't need to be a genius to write a C compiler. He's not even a good C programmer.
I had to look through his code once, just a fucking pain to read. Clearly someone who is way more comfortable with LISP.
>>
terry davis is the most enlightened human being on earth and he is god's messenger but his message goes unheard to the corn syrup loving cia nigger masses and he wrote a compiler so fuck you cia niggers
>>
Why are you asking us? ask god you retard...
God Says:
treadling incognito babysitter's procedure nonprofessional's boar Wanamaker's chief wilfulness botch's hygrometer economist's forbid saucily chiseller's pompadour's giraffe's Alberto's antiparticle's Born Jahangir Grammy sandbank's marginally fermentation's blackballs unsupported examples pager's hustler's formation's expendables
>>
>>59465274
He has a high GPA from his graduate studies which directly contradicts your false claims
>>
>>59463305
I'd be confident in saying he's smarter than a lot of team leads at google. Raw intellect he surpasses many people in stable tech jobs. He's a genius with a mental illness.
>>
>>59466737
He could do what he did because of his mental illness not despite of it.
He's on disabilities and has jack shit to do and driven to create a temple for god in the form of an OS.
>>
>>59453310
I love Terry. Someone in chat wanted to buy him UFC tickets I would totally pitch in to do that. I wish he'd bring the stream up on a diff service Youtube sucks. Watching him always gets me in the mood to work on programming projects.
>>
>>59466875
Watching him dick around with youtube and social media makes me happy. There's a purity and honesty and openness to Terry that is rare as fuck.
I wish I knew him irl
>>
>>59453310
Anyone who's not braindead can produce quality research. Have you seen the state of higher education?
>>
File: 1467955609510.jpg (17KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1467955609510.jpg
17KB, 224x217px
He may be a racist schizophrenic cuck but he can program.
>>
>>59453310
stop idolizing academia

most professors and researchers are fucking mongoloids with overly inflated egos who don't know shit and don't do shit their entire lives and die alone and sad

I studied in central London at a world class university and the course material had fucking typos and all kinds of mistakes, there were lots of logic errors and inane crap

and remember, multiculturalism, diversity quotas, xenophobia, racism and other depraved shit started in the academia world before they infected the rest of the western world

check what kaczynski and thomas sowell have to say about this

academia is a hellhole, and I'm not even trolling (since terry has the same opinion on academia)

all major technological advancements came from the private sector, from companies or government research departments

academia can suck a dick
>>
>>59460752
To ease the transition, Stallman fell back on his strengths: math and science. Like most members of the Science Honors Program, Stallman breezed through the qualifying exam for Math 55, the legendary "boot camp" class for freshman mathematics "concentrators" at Harvard. Within the class, members of the Science Honors Program formed a durable unit. "We were the math mafia," says Chess with a laugh. "Harvard was nothing, at least compared with the SHP."

To earn the right to boast, however, Stallman, Chess, and the other SHP alumni had to get through Math 55. Promising four years worth of math in two semesters, the course favored only the truly devout. "It was an amazing class," says David Harbater, a former "math mafia" member and now a professor of mathematics at the University of Pennsylvania. "It's probably safe to say there has never been a class for beginning college students that was that intense and that advanced. The phrase I say to people just to get it across is that, among other things, by the second semester we were discussing the differential geometry of Banach manifolds. That's usually when their eyes bug out, because most people don't start talking about Banach manifolds until their second year of graduate school."

Starting with 75 students, the class quickly melted down to 20 by the end of the second semester. Of that 20, says Harbater, "only 10 really knew what they were doing." Of that 10, 8 would go on to become future mathematics professors, 1 would go on to teach physics.

"The other one," emphasizes Harbater, "was Richard Stallman."
>>
>>59467402
>racist schizophrenic cuck
it's all what's needed to be a good programmer
>>
>>59453310

I have a feeling he's not

if linus torvalds made linux by himself, how come Temple OS is so bad?

It's not hard to make a good game. Not one game on temple OS is actually playable let alone fun
>>
>>59467662
>It's not hard to make a good game

Let's see yours
>>
>>59467622
Filter courses are nothing special.
Most programs (at least in STEM) have at least one course that the majority will fail.

Trying to turn normal academia life into something legendary is just silly nerd fantasizing.
>>
>>59467728
"He was a stickler in some very strange ways," says Breidbart. There is a standard technique in math which everybody does wrong. It's an abuse of notation where you have to define a function for something and what you do is you define a function and then you prove that it's well defined. Except the first time he did and presented it, he defined a relation and proved that it's a function. It's the exact same proof, but he used the correct terminology, which no one else did. That's just the way he was."

It was in Math 55 that Richard Stallman began to cultivate a reputation for brilliance. Breidbart agrees, but Chess, whose competitive streak refused to yield, says the realization that Stallman might be the best mathematician in the class didn't set in until the next year. "It was during a class on Real Analysis, which I took with Richard the next year," says Chess, now a math professor at Hunter College. "I actually remember in a proof about complex valued measures that Richard came up with an idea that was basically a metaphor from the calculus of variations. It was the first time I ever saw somebody solve a problem in a brilliantly original way."

Chess makes no bones about it: watching Stallman's solution unfold on the chalkboard was a devastating blow. As a kid who'd always taken pride in being the smartest mathematician the room, it was like catching a glimpse of his own mortality. Years later, as Chess slowly came to accept the professional rank of a good-but-not-great mathematician, he had Stallman's sophomore-year proof to look back on as a taunting early indicator.

"That's the thing about mathematics," says Chess. "You don't have to be a first-rank mathematician to recognize first-rate mathematical talent. I could tell I was up there, but I could also tell I wasn't at the first rank. If Richard had chosen to be a mathematician, he would have been a first-rank mathematician."
>>
File: 1488845599614.jpg (28KB, 185x284px) Image search: [Google]
1488845599614.jpg
28KB, 185x284px
if an OS, compilers, games, interpreters, kernels, schedulers, memory blocks, filesystems, graphics etc are not hard then what is? let's hear it

what do anons here think is "hard" to do as a programmer

meaning that it is a project that requires a lot of intelligence or a lot of time to understand, do and complete?

t. SpengBab
>>
>>59467662
>It's not hard to make a good game
But it is hard to make an 8 core flight simulator, an oracle for divine communication, and a fucking space alien trading post.
>>
File: unabom.png (152KB, 1200x1640px) Image search: [Google]
unabom.png
152KB, 1200x1640px
>>59467579
>tfw the crazy hermit living in the woods and sending bombs to people is starting to sound like the sane one
>>
>>59467767
Try writing a North American Fall Webworm. Then I'll consider you a true programmer.
>>
>>59467789
>an oracle for divine communication
I did that in a day by simply building a Markov chain from the bible.
>>
>>59467815
he was only crazy because he did more than just observe and go on with his life

he was insane because he wasted his fucking life trying to change something and prove a point like an insane autistic retard

that doesn't mean the guy wasn't amazing for figuring out and predicting a lot of recent events decades ago
>>
>>59467836
markov chain for testing a RNG

good idea?
>>
>>59460015
Stallman is a little smart, but that isn't what got him where he is.More important he's arrogant and ignorant. He wants what he wants and that's all he believes.

Hes the loudest fattest motherfucker in the room, and will shove his ideals down your fucking throat, that is what made him and his foundation a "success"
>>
>be a dumbass who does research that benefits companies and CEOs, cuck your life into poverty and depression and die and nobody will give a shit about you
>not even dennis ritchie and the like are given a shit about
>nobody cares about research, open source shit
the most intelligent and well adapted humans are the ones who used their intelligent for personal and familial gains
the ones who do research and try to contribute to humanity are the evolutionary equivalent of the code monkey
>>
>>59460983
Easy..

Marry Left, Fuck Right and Kill Middle
>>
>>59468078
That's clear bullshit, he's incredibly clever, one of the better students to finish math 55. You're talking trash.
>>
His college transcript is all the proof you need:
http://www.templeos.org/files/ASU_Transcripts.pdf
>>
>>59455436
>>59459847

Well yeah it's 4chan how new are you?
>>
>>59468126
You are just trying to change the definition of intelligence, if you want to discuss something different just say it, don't go around changing the meaning of a word.
>>
>>59453498
>Richard Stallman isn't a genius.
He literally received the $250000 McArthur Genius Grant.
>>
>>59468078
You are a retard.

He is ridiculously intelligent, he's just fucking weird too.
>>
>>59453310
No. Also see neither-is-academia arguments and it-doesn't-matter arguments.
Neither are modern OS, since they are dictated by the underlying hardware, which is complex but not genius tier.
>>
>>59467750
List his contributions in mathematics.
Oh wait, there are none.

>>59469620
Because of his work with GNU
>>
>>59457070
No it wasn't
>>
>>59456060
why uin the fuck does the woman on the right is missing half of her arm what the fuck
>>
>>59460390
do i even want to know
>>
File: sexy_rms.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
sexy_rms.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>>59458345
Underrated
>>
i sent him an email telling him i thought he was cool

no reply yet ;-; it was 2 days ago
>>
>>59469871
Brainlet argument.
>>59467367
Kek
>>
Terry went on a road trip
>>
>>59471200

[Citation needed]
>>
>>59460421
>meme startup
>useful and productive
Pick one.
>>
>>59460421
>materialism
>>
>>59467579
The purpose of academia is social control and prestige. Everyone knows this but admitting to it is a taboo. Hence all the "self-taught programmers are shit-tier," memes rolling around the internet. It burns them up to know they've lost control over one of their gateways to a decent living. Expect that in the not too distant future you'll be required to get a professional degree and license to code anything just like all the other white collar professionals.
>>
>>59458262
You do understand that's not the point?
>>
> tfw to smart to not be racist
FUCKING NIGGERS
>>
>>59460421
>Most "beautiful" hard to write code is absolutly useless if it doesn't create value or satisfy needs.
It does create value in and of itself: beautiful, well-architected code can be studied by programmers to improve their skills and learn new tricks. On top of that it brings joy to those who study it. In TempleOS's the code isn't even useless; it's there to power a work of art of sorts that you can explore. As >>59461008 says, that's fun. TempleOS comes with several video games but the game in the bundle is the OS itself.
>>
>>59474194
>but the game in the bundle
the best game in the bundle*
>>
>>59453310
everyone in this thread is talking out of their ass

I went to his University and have seen his transcript. He took notoriously difficult classes and succeeded
>>
>>59454978
>the Einstein meme
He started speaking at the same age as everyone else

He was just a patent trolling person like anyone else. A smart team leader.
>>
>>59473239
>using memes to imply that being racist automatically means you're stupid
African Americans have an average IQ of 85 and commit violent crime at a rate that is sometimes 30x that of white and Asian Americans depending on the crime in question, and this is easily proven to be true regardless of income level etc.

But that's none of my business *sip
>>
>>59473129
>Expect that in the not too distant future you'll be required to get a professional degree and license to code anything just like all the other white collar professionals.
Actually the trend is to disregard degrees completely when hiring. When any idiot can get a degree having one won't tell employers much about what the kids are actually good for. So they have to do their own vetting.

I'm dropping out of CS now because I got a better deal in the industry.
>>
>>59474236
Isn't the crime level for all races the same when controlled for IQ? I.e., a random low-IQ man is as likely to be a criminal as any other man with the same IQ score, regardless of their race?
>>
>>59474211
>I went to his University and have seen his transcript.
Tell us more anon about your university that has no problem breaking FERPA regulations whenever someone asks about a previous student's transcript.
>>
>>59474318
I have a hard time believing morality is a function of IQ.
>>
>>59460421
I want CIA niggers to die
>>
>>59474318
DELET THIS
>>
>>59474318
High IQ people can be criminals too, but they do money laundering, stock market manipulation, making fake money, they are part of criminal organizations, they are professional assassins etc.
>>
>>59474318
Well the smart ones aren't getting caught aren't they?

Stupid nigger.
>>
>>59453310
He can't be a genius because he refuses societal norms and is sick.
>>
>>59475871
>sick
autistic
>>
>>59475889
>>sick
>autistic
ill
>>
>>59456059
This desu
Class was just called operating systems at my school and you make a kernel a day some basic shit like that. Don't know the exact details because I didn't take it but it was an undergrad class and you could take it again on hard mode if you were in grad school.
>>
>>59453310
He's not a bad looking guy. I wouldn't believe he was a virgin if he didn't say so himself.
Really sells his religious thing though, monk and all that.
>>
>>59474351
I have a high IQ and I'm on stage 6 kohlberg's scale which is like Jesus tier.
>>
File: Selection_20170319_12:56:58.png (8KB, 475x87px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_20170319_12:56:58.png
8KB, 475x87px
>>59476786
>>
>>59476799
Average IQlet that can't spot comedy.
>>
>>59476770
Terry was taking graduate level courses, and his known of OS extends what is expected of standard students in an OS class. That's like saying experts only know what's taught in a class and nothing outside it
>>
>>59477452
Exposing you as hypocrite is clearly comedy, amirite average IQlet?
>>
>>59471197
>Brainlet argument.
Academialet detected.
>>
>>59477503
Delusional.
Damn. Sad.
>>59477477
Terry is cool but being impressed that he wrote a compiler (ignoring divinity) is silly. Yes Terry has divine intellect and his Temple is way outside the scope of a class but people are impressed by the wrong things.
>>
>>59460421
wtf get out of here cia nigger
>>
>>59467622
so he passed a pointless hazing course that didn't really teach anything useful (like big data or java). big fucking deal.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.