[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 45

File: 1399797-16135.gif (57KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1399797-16135.gif
57KB, 320x240px
>>
What is a good way to scan large video collections for broken/incomplete files? Preferably on windows
>>
How do I build the pc
>>
>>59405286
logicalincrements.com
>>
File: avvckd.jpg (182KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
avvckd.jpg
182KB, 900x900px
Hi guys, realy hope someone can help me.
Bought a new mouse today, G900.
When i installed the logitech software my pc kept blue screening with error: LGBusenum.sys, google says it driver related.

I was unable to get windows running again, so i figured i install a fresh W10, and reinstall the few programms i run.

After the essentials i downlaoded the Logitech gaming software, no problems.
After this i download the CorsairUtilityengine for my Corsair strafe keyboard, and get the same blue screen again during the installation.

The pc does reboot and runs fine, but the installation of the corsair software has not finished.

Do these not work together? is there a fix?
>>
How can you check if a website has been updated? I feel like you could use RSS, but if you have a relatively slow thread on /g/, what would the RSS bookmark be like?
I don't even care how much a thread has changed, I just want to be able to check if a thread/website has been updated without necessarily going to it and checking.
>>
>>59405170
Probably the king of stupid questions here.
Let's assume I'm sending one packet from my network to a friends network. I understand how the packet can makes its way off my network and to my friends router, but once it's at my friends router how does it know what MAC address to send it to?
>>
>>59405571
Sounds like a driver problem. Update every driver in your system and reinstall. Sometimes corrupt drivers persist between clean installs, it happened to me before so I swapped the internal HDD with an SSD. Although the HDD was beyond being fucked.
>>
>>59405654
yeah, figured as much.
after the bluescreen i just got i had to restart.
took out the USB from the keyboard and installed the keyboard software and then replugged.
hope this is the fix.
>>
I'm 1st year computer science student with no linux experience. What is genuinely the best distro for me? I've been looking at Arch but I really don't know.
>>
For whatever reason, since sunday, I keep being redirected to a site called shmokiads almost everytime I try to visit a website. The antivirus says nothing about it, I don't have any shady program installed nor any strange extension of Firefox or Chrome.
After formatting the HDD the problem persists and I seriously don't know why is this shit happening.
>>
File: IMG_3627.png (191KB, 386x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3627.png
191KB, 386x334px
>>59405786
>After formatting the HDD the problem persists
Holy shit nuke EVERYTHING. Your routers firmware, your phones firmware, your fucking termostats firmware. Nuke everything until there is no shred of data left from your previous setup. If the problem persists, I would suggest its the government who is fucking with you. In that case, pull an hero.
>>
>>59405596
Look up OSI model
>>
>>59405080
>Then just fucking use it and don't bitch about how terrible all linux de's are.
Don't get me wrong, I think Gnome 3 is an unusable mess too. However, I think the fact that it was willing to have an opinion at all is a step in the right direction - the stance of most linux DEs is that is should support every possible way that a user might ever want to do anything, which usually results in it being a disjointed mishmash of different design philosophies.
>>
>>59405786
Are you SURE you formatted your main drive and reinstalled windows? Where did you get your copy of windows. Did you pirate? Did you go to any shady sites or install any unusual programs?
>>
>>59406030
Dumb arguments should go down with their thread.
>>
File: 1427905743203.png (27KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
1427905743203.png
27KB, 1070x868px
I can't log into my ISP router and i don't even know why. There's no way that i'll be able to do port forwarding without access to the router right?
>>
>>59405961
Seriously, what's going on?
>>59406049
Yes, it's a pirate copy I've been using for months with 0 problems, until last sunday.
>>
>>59406059
google your router model and call your ISP
>>
>>59406070
your router is infected, stupid. try factory reset and then update firmware after that.

or your pirated copy is infected and they just activated the backdoor on your stupid ass.

get an UNTOUCHED copy and verify the hash against the official lists on microsoft's website to make sure it's clean, then use MSTOOLKIT or DAZ from MDLforums.
>>
>>59406070
The botnet has come to claim its debt. 9/10 that's your problem. Download official source then official daz or microsoft toolkit

http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
Would RAM based on row-column-height addressing be faster than row-column addressing? By my calculations 4GB of RAM would require 1/27 the amount of select lines if it was based on row-column-height addressing. One problem with this is that this would require two-layers for the select lines to work. However, this is only one extra layer so I don't think it's that much of a problem.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 1523x627px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 1523x627px
I'm pretty sure its NoScript, but Facebook is giving me this shit on all of my images and I already have the site whitelisted. Did they decide to run all their content through a third party?
>>
>>59406119
Why hassle with that shit when there is fuckton of different distros out there? Like seriously, I have gone through that stage, its not even worth it.
>>
>>59406161
some people actually do real work
>>>/g/fglt
>>
>>59406156
>Not seperating your private browsing with botnet browsing
>>
>>59406071
Already tried, they aren't "authorized" to do so, what a load of bullshit.

The thing is i already managed to log in a while ago from the gateway address and change settings but for some reason now i can't.
>>
I am running the stable branch of debian and I'd like to know a good and centralized way of listing active services and scheduled cron jobs, and deactivate the unnecessary ones from ever running in the future
>>
>>59406221
your ISP isnt authorized to do what exactly?

just factory reset that shit and use the default login (found on google or support documents)
>>
>>59405749
Try Ubuntu... People will give you shit for it but there's really no point in diving into Arch if you have no linux experience. Sure, you'll learn a lot, but it'll be really tedious learning.

Do Ubuntu or a similarly-beginner-friendly distro to get your footing, and if you like it, try working your way up.

I just don't see much point in going to the most extreme route when it will probably just give you untold amounts of frustration

But those are my two cents.
>>
File: 3432423423.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3432423423.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>59405170
anyone expert or with good knowlege about CHIP's, IC's and MCU's, knows what TM TECH 11256A-20K, does?
Cant find any datasheets about the chip.
>>
>>59405749
Any distro will be fine. Don't make your life harder by using Arch until you need it. I think Elementary is the best distro for a new user thesedays. The interface is acceptable, everything generally just works and you can dip into the complicated underbelly if you want.
>>
Are there any "broken" vms that i can download to troubleshoot and try to fix for the purpose of learning.?
>>
>>59406232
>to do what exactly
To guide me in entering the router and modify shit, they insist need to send a technician.

>just factory reset that shit
Yes that's my last option but i'm going to do it later after midnight so i can bother them at morning in case a factory reset deletes some configuration they made or whatnot.
>>
Is the hyperx cloud 2 a good headset?
>>
>>59406383
tell them to fuck off and give you the login or you change service provider and report them to the consumer representative if they refuse and cant give a valid reason to deny you access to your own property
>>
>>59406417
>>>/g/hpg
>>
>>59405749

This >>59406306 Ubuntu is really the goto distro, you can learn everything you need to there. Although unity is shit, so you might think about getting another flavor or swapping out DEs
>>
>>59406425
It isnt his property, it is the ISP';s property that he is renting/leasing from the ISP.
They can deny or subvert any sort of actions on their own property
>>
File: 1471581722107.png (2MB, 3370x3940px) Image search: [Google]
1471581722107.png
2MB, 3370x3940px
>>59405170
Can someone help me interpret what this SQL question is actually asking? Our professor's English is not the best.

"Find the number of authors who have more than double the number of publications they had in 2005-2006 compared to 2000-2004."
>>
>>59406383
What ISP? Cable gateways usually don't need any configuration
>>
>>59406497
he can just unplug it from the incoming connection and factory reset and google the login.

not a single one of the 10+ ISPs my family has had since we got DSL in early 2000s stopped us from accessing the router to portforward and shit
>>
What encryption software/suite should i use if i want to host my own email server for my self and a few friends?
>>
>>59406497
>>59406562
also only a fucking nigger would be renting a fucking router and unless that guy can read the contract where it says he's just renting it im going to assume it's his property.
>>
>>59406502
Guess your English that's not that good.
Author A had X publications between 2000-2004.
If author A had 2X or more publication between 2005-2006, you count him, otherwise you don't.
>>
>>59406589
ps he can just go buy a new router and install that shit and give the finger to the ISP before he changes provider
>>
Is there a way to switch between audio devices quickly and without downloading anything?
All the tutorials I've seen online involve downloading some program to do it but I obviously don't trust that solution.
>>
Hello guys
Lets say i want to switch OS from Win to something else
Is there any OS that can run Photoshop/Skype without using Wine/Virtual boot?
>>
>>59406637
>Is there any OS that can run Photoshop/Skype without using Wine/Virtual boot?
Photoshop is proprietary software designed for Windows, even the MAC versions are ports of the windows versions.
>>
>>59406602
Thank you.
>>
>>59406610
a switch

>>59406637
Apple MacOS
>>
what's a good beginner electronics kit? I want to do more side projects with the arduino and raspi I have. I did a few but those were all in my classes so I had access to unlimited amount of resistors, wires, capacitors, etc. What are some good kits to buy?
>>
>>59406708
pretty sure both arduino and raspi websites have that for sale
>>
>>59405590
curl
>>59405749
centOS since it is a red hat clone or debian

>>59406222
man crontab

>>59406569
what are you trying to encrypt
>>
Should I spend extra money on copper heatsinks instead of aluminum heatsinks for cooling my motherboard's VRMs?
>>
>>59406741
>implying you even need to cool those
>>
>>59406725
arduino kits have an arduino included and I don't see options that dont have an arduino. there isn't an official raspi kit from what I can see
>>
Fixing a laptop for my mum, she said it just didn't turn on one day. I had a look and won't boot at all. Most logical step are to try a new charger then battery? What after that if it still doesn't boot
>>
If the majority of people in my neighborhood are on the same broadband provider and I'm on a different one which isn't as popular in the area. If I switched to the popular one wouldn't it be worst because of how many users there are?

I know it works like that in households if they're all connected to the same router but I'm not sure if it applies to the local area so I'm hesitant to switch providers
>>
>>59406767
It's a problem when overclocking my FX 6300
>>
>>59406738
>encrypt
The contents of the emails,similar to how cock and proton have encryption
>>
>>59406555
A small shit ISP in a third world country.

>usually don't need any configuration
I know and managed to log in a while ago but for some reason now the gateway doesn't work by opening it from the browser even though i can ping it successfully.

>>59406608
Thought about this but can't find a cheap router with an optical fiber connector.
>>
>>59405170
How do I get rid of this remaining cum off my monitor?

I wiped most of it up with a microfiber cloth earlier. Should I just wipe harder or something?
>>
>>59406898
use PGP then
>>
>>59406823
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3241
https://openhomeautomation.net/best-arduino-starter-kit

>>59406875
dont think it will matter much cus the pad you attach it with will be the least effective in transferring heat.

>>59406900
you should've said it's fiber converter from the start you idiot that changed shit since it's not a regular router.

you shouldnt need to access that thing at all.
>>
>>59406948
>you shouldnt need to access that thing at all
How can i do port forwarding then though, trying to set no-ip for a raspi.
>>
>>59406944
How is this integrated and encrypted on a system level and per user?
>>
My ram never maxes out, it always stays about 1 gig under total. Does this mean that I'm not pushing my RAM to the max? Or is it the way RAM works that it never maxes out?

Trying to decide if CPU or RAM is the bottleneck.
>>
>>59405170
How do I install Arch on an HP 13-a010dx
>>
My only programming experience is with MATLAB and SQL. I want to start picking up the programming skills. I'm thinking about going to my local community college and taking some classes there. Are there any classes you'd recommend taking in a lecture setting rather than online at one of those free code schools?
>>
>>59406948
Thanks for the links but I already own an arduino and raspi. I just want the extra stuff and I am looking for a decent kit that won't break the bank
>>
For some reason, my default encoding on my desktop has been changed to ISO 10646-UCS-2, but I want to use UTF8.
In my editor, I can set it to the right encoding, but I have to manually do that every time I open a file.
There must be a systemwide way to do this right?
>>
>>59407083
no it means your programs are only using that much, but programs you open and close a lot during the day will be cached to open faster the next time.

>>59407230
learn to read you nigger, there's raspi kits without the board
>>
>>59407142
the upper level ones. I would say the lowest lvl course that would be helpful to go to a lecture for would be a Systems Programming course. The intro courses are usually really easy and you'll find yourself bored

>>59407107
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HP_Spectre_x360_13-4231ng
>>
>>59407254
>how do i set shit
>doesnt say what OS
google is that way ->
>>
How exactly does online video streaming degrade video quality? Why can't they just use an uncompressed video for the stream?
>>
>>59407267
whoops. forgot to mention that I already have case and power adapter for my raspi so that stuff is extra. I also have two breadboards left over from those classes. I am focusing on purely just the electronic materials such as resistors, capacitors, etc
>>
are modmics a scam?
>>
File: Untitled.png (29KB, 912x724px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 912x724px
>>59407267
This is my current usage, when a program is cached, is it basically still taking up ram, it's just not active ram?
Am I using all of my ram in this picture and not seeing it on the chart because it's cached programs?
>>
>>59407295
>Why can't they just use an uncompressed video for the stream?
1920x1080 screen x 24 bits per pixel x 60 frames per second = 355mb/s required bandwidth
>>
Anyone write in swift? It's been a year since I've given a shit about it and recently read an article saying it's gaining more popularity. I could not get past the sixty character method names and do try statements so I dropped it.

How's it now? Should I ignore my autism and try it out again?
>>
>>59407400
So it is possible but sites just don't do it because of the required bandwidth? Are there any that don't?
>>
Anyone own a 1080?

Whats the average temperature this thing gets to?

I'm getting around 70+ on many games set on ultra.
>>
What's a good place to pirate Android apps from? Only know of TPB, perhaps rutracker but I'm gonna guess they'd be on russian.
>>
>>59407468
I think it's less about the site itself and more about the user. Any user that wants to see uncompressed video would need an insane amount of bandwidth that 99% of users won't have. There's also the issue of storing the files in the first place - even if your video is a more reasonable 24fps, the site has to store 142mb per second of video. An uncompressed 1080p 10 minute video would be 83 gigabytes.

You could probably stream losslessly compressed video, but I don't think many sites would offer it due to how small the market is compared to how big an investment they'd need to make.
>>
If I clone my C: drive to an SSD and swap it out, will I have any problems?
I imagine it might fuck something up to suddenly change the hardware windows thinks it's installed on but my computer is too perfectly configured to want to do a clean install
>>
>>59405170

is this laptop any good was thinking of getting one in gold.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d/lenovo-yoga-910-13ikb-80vf-signature-edition-2-in-1-pc/8vghxnn2ss4q
>>
>>59407549
Thanks.
>>
>studying for cybersecurity in college, taking pre-calculus right now
>want to really focus on my math skills, but have rather limited time through the week
>from this point out, we're only learning about basic trigonometry

Given my lack of time, exactly how useful is trig for cybersecurity tasks, say like cryptography or any subsect of security? Should I be devoting myself more to matrices/function-based studies rather than going hard into just trig?
>>
>>59406837
Pls help
>>
Does X do more than just display graphics? I'm setting up gentoo and it seems like every package I want to install has a couple dozen extra stuff because of the X flag everywhere. Would I be causing any serious break in functionality for things I only want to use through cli if I remove that flag?
>>
>>59407625
I have no idea where trig would be applicable to anything related to computers.
>pre-calc
I'm guessing they are touching on it quickly because you will be finding the derivative of trig functions.

I'm also guessing calculus won't be directly applicable to cybersecurity but I'm certain it will help build your analytical skills.
>>
>tab opens for a half second then closes
what did they mean by this
>>
>>59407313

For the same price as a modmic you can get a decent desktop condenser mic and it'll last you forever.
>>
>>59406837

You can test for a faulty battery be removing it and trying to boot off wall power.

You can (sort of) test for a faulty power supply if it's got a "charging" LED that illuminates. If it's off then the mobo isn't getting power.

You can also try replacing/reseating the CMOS battery (big watch battery on the motherboard) and see if that does anything.
>>
>>59407282
Any free online code school that you (or /g/) would recommend?
>>
File: 148884355625.gif (1MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
148884355625.gif
1MB, 533x300px
What is the best way to actually block myself from accessing certain websites? Namely chans and porn forums. Something that really takes effort and time to disable.
>>
>>59407977
Windows?
>>
>>59407990
>>
>>59408023
I remember that when I was on highschool they used to block words system wide with a program called something like blockfree or blocktree, maybe you can find something like that
>>
So, you're not supposed to vacuum your PC parts because of static or something like that, right? What if I blow the dust off with an air duster, with a vacuum hose close to pick up the dust in the air being blown off?
>>
Is there anywhere online that still sells NTAG215 NFC blank tags? I'm not sure if the in-stock listings from Amazon are specifically 215 and not any other.
>>
>>59408213
As long as you aren't putting the hose anywhere near the components, that's fine. Remember that static can arc very easily, and ask yourself if you're willing to risk frying components just so they can look clean.
>>
>>59407515
Pascal cards will be fine up until the low 90s/high 80s. Then you should worry.
>>
I bought a few kindle ebooks to read on my new Samsung tablet unaware of the DRM and have already been fucked by it.

I intended on split screening the kindle app with a note taking app but the asshats at Amazon didn't make their app compatible with split screen.

Tried removing the DRM with no luck.
Can't use kindle cloud through a browser without it redirecting you to the kindle app.

Any work around?
>>
I'm writing an NSIS script that has to define a file *if it exists* at compile time. I was trying to use IsFileExists, but I've found such a statement is evaluated at runtime; the compiler just blows past the if statement deciding whether or not to define existing files and defines them regardless of whether or not they're there.

I know !if is evaluated at compile time, but how would I evaluate if a file exists? The documentation for NSIS is complete fucking dogshit and of minimal help.
>>
I was thinking of sending my i7-7700K to Silicon Loterry to be delid, but the cost worries me.

>Roughly $150AUD for service and express delivery there and back
>have to take my PC apart and put it all back together
>have to go at least a week without a PC

Is it worth it, or should I just wait for whatever new shit Intel has coming this year?
>>
is there a way to move the position of directories in ranger so that everything's not just organised alphabetically
>>
File: IMG_20170314_215829.jpg (498KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170314_215829.jpg
498KB, 2048x1152px
Looking at putting an RX460 (no 6pin) in a bigbox pc, but most places say that you need 400w minimum to run it. Will I be fine with this PSU?
>>
>>59408469
cannonlake won't be coming out until late this year and who knows if it will worth upgrading to or not
i'm genuinely interested in why you want to delid it
you'll get maybe 2-4c better temps but is that really worth $150?
$150 that could be spent on a better cooler and thermal paste?
i feel like there's an aspect to this post that im not getting
>>
is it even viable to make a simple video game purely in javascript on electron?
Looking for around Windwaker fidelity
JavaScript is just so easy compared to other languages
>>
File: 1489203908131.jpg (92KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1489203908131.jpg
92KB, 500x376px
How do i read the amtlib.dll file that adobe products use?
I've tried a bunch of decompilers but i feel I'm not understanding part of the equation. I think the cracked dll is safe bc i got it from ru-board but i still want to know if its safe.
>>
which is superior. intel core 2 quad q9650 or amd phenom ii x6 1055t.
I've the choice between an LGA 775 motherboard and a am3 motherboard and idk which to pick.
>>
File: 1489212773652.jpg (104KB, 572x621px) Image search: [Google]
1489212773652.jpg
104KB, 572x621px
>>59408670
Oh forgot to add, i didn't get the dll from ru-board, i got UAP and just want to replace dll's instead of executing the program.
>>
>>59407795
That's more or less why I asked, I couldn't see a feasible application of it, but didn't know if it came into fruition later down the line or something.
>>
How do I push my torrent and newsgroup traffic through an ssh tunnel?
>>
I just bought a Xperia Phone and I noticed it has no default file browser. What file manager do you recommend me?
>>
File: 1463795432629.png (113KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463795432629.png
113KB, 512x512px
Is there any real downside of deleting old reaction images that date back a while?
I like looking at my collection and seeing an accurate "Date modified", but at the same time I'm bored of my reaction images and want to restart it
help
>>
Posting again
A game wouldn't start so I turned off my PC. But when it booted my RGB keyboard and mouse were in their factory color scheme. Also they wouldn't work. I turned it off again and keyboard was lit up but not the mouse. I tried an old logitech keyboard and mouse but those didnt work either. I tried using a flash drive but it wouldnt detect it. The audio jack still works since I can hear the boot up. I cleared CMOS by removing the battery but that didn't work either.
What can I do to fix this?
Also I found a ps/2 keyboard and I can now control things with that.
>>
>>59408786
Someone in the last thread suggested safe mode but it freezes on the welcome spin.
>>
I'm probably being paranoid but I applied a lot of force trying to clean off the thermal pads off my soldered-on gpu.

is there any chance I cracked it? the laptop froze once and it got me worried.
>>
>>59408761
You can't prove you're an oldfag when you check exif, i have reaction images from /v/ and /a/ circa 2009, the folder itself has 200k pictures.
>>
>>59405170
Can someone point me to a Windows 10 activator that won't give me a gorillion viruses?
>>
>>59408562
Should be fine.
>>
>>59407959
I would say to work through an introductory textbook. It could be Java or C++. I wouldn't learn Python as a very first language because things like data types will be foreign to you since Python handles that automagically for you.
>>
ok /g/
I'm back. So I've tried several different players, and the SRT files don't work in it for Assassin's Creed. But, I can read the SRT files in notepad just fine. Why is that?

I check my players and they all work fine. I put on FLCL which I have in Jap and English and has subs. I can turn on and off anything and everything works. So why is it this doesn't work? Why am I getting no subs for this Movie when it's clearly in Spanish?
>>
I need a splitter/receiver/switch/whateverthefuckitisIamtryingtofindoutwhatitscalled that can take
>multiple HDMI inputs (many-to-one) and let me select between them manually
>multiple RCA inputs (many-to-one) and let me select between them manually
>singular Ethernet (one-to-many) to multiple devices and could honestly just be a passive switch (but I hope there's a product with all these options and more)

What is this magical device called and where can I find it?
I really don't want to buy 3 separate machines... If I could just get ONE machine for the top 2 uses I listed, I would be ok with just buying a small switch for internet... But honestly the fewer cables/boxes the better.
>>
>>59409138
Try dragging the SRT file to the MPC while the video is playing
>>
>>59407959
None, don't do "code schools". Books and optionally, videos of lectures at universities is the best way.
>>
>>59409235
tried it. It's still not working for me.
>>
I've seen some people keep track of their lifetime (you)'s in the top of 4chanx. Hows that done? It's cancer, but I want cancer.
>>
does anyone here use linux mint 18.1 Serena?

i just installed my amd gpu driver and now cinnamon just crashed. what the fuck happened? im using an rx 480 but this is just aggravating. also it fails to download repo info for driver manager.
>>
>>59409288
what driver? AMD now uses the amgpu and amdgpu-pro open source drivers. If you installed the proprietary driver, that is not supported anymore
>>
>>59409338
AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 16.60 for Ubuntu 16.04

this is on their site

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ubuntu/amdgpu-pro-16.60-379184.tar.xz
>>
>>59408364
>low 90s/high 80s

Jesus, that's normal? What about non-reference cards? I'm upgrading from a 760, so I assume these temps are the norm now?
>>
>>59408337
Yeah, it's explicitely not to suck the dust off of the components. The annoyance is the dust that disperses settling back onto shit I just dusted. A high CFM/low pressure air mover would be better than a vacuum, that's just what I've got to work with.
>>
>>59409372
mhmm did you update to the latest kernel also? if not, update to the latest kernel, reinstall the driver, and add yourself to the video group
>>
I want windows 10 to lock the screen every time I turn off my monitor, how do I do that?
>>
File: 1482574053190.jpg (7KB, 267x323px) Image search: [Google]
1482574053190.jpg
7KB, 267x323px
>>59409469
>lock screen
>>
File: 10675A.jpg (302KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
10675A.jpg
302KB, 960x960px
Can someone point me the VRM?
>>
How to you set a font on gvim?

:set guifont doesn't save itself.
>>
>>59409430
it still crashed.
>>
Would it be possible to download this model somehow?
https://sketchfab.com/models/c7f85ff44af24a94b22268e9284904eb
>>
What should I do before selling my computer?
>>
>>59409665
>furryshit
No, fuck you

>>59409701
Dban the HDD
>>
>>59409614
between the DVI connector on the back panel and the socket. May also expand to above the socket.
>>
why can't gnome turn off the monitor automatically I mean what the fuck
>>
>>59409701
remove/0-writeout hard drives ( >>59409721 )

dust/clean it (monitor? keyboard? mouse? case?)

if they ask for an OS, install gentoo
>>
>>59409656
i have no idea then. Some googling showed me that the new amd gpu drivers don't play nice with gnome 3 and isn't cinnamon based off of gnome 3? you might have to just use the older raedon drivers
>>
File: 1458952863928.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1458952863928.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>59409743
>install gentoo

Thats what it currently has. I think I'll just keep the HDD to avoid any security issues.
>>
>>59409738
Can you paint it?
>>
>>59409755
would it be possible for me to just use another DE? how hard is it to switch between cinammon to say kde?

i don't think there are older drivers for the 4 series.
>>
File: IMG_1929.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1929.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
bought a DVD that was made in 2005, arrived still in the original wrapping, and when I opened I it wouldnt play in a blu ray, ps3, or a laptop.

looked at the disc and it had disc rot in the pattern of the case it came in. anyway to fix this?

pic related
>>
>>59409774
not hard at all. the log in manager of cinnamon would handle that. just install whatever DE you want and then just select it from the log in screen. I use KDE myself and it is great.
>>
>>59409721
>human with cat ears
>furry

Subject aside, I really would like to know how to download that.
>>
File: IMG_1930.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1930.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>59409787
>>
>>59409787
you are shit out of luck. Just pirate the contents and keep the disc around for decoration
>>
File: whatIneed.jpg (32KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
whatIneed.jpg
32KB, 500x301px
>>59409227
Pls respond

pic related, found this on google, but amazon isn't selling it.

I also need the HDMI ports to support 4K for my 4k bluray player... at least 1 port at least, the rest can be 1080p.
>>
>>59409817
They're called A/V Receivers
>>
>>59409810
I bought it cause you cant pirate it :(
>>
>>59409867
>cant pirate
unpossible
>>
File: 1489549475425.jpg (331KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489549475425.jpg
331KB, 960x960px
>>59409773
These, although I believe I read that this is a four phase board.
>>
>>59409874
Although, specifically, the three ICs with R68 on them are actually called VRMs, the rest of it is a power phase.
>>
i have a 6700k and a gtx1080 but they're hooked to a 1080p monitor. what sort of monitor should i buy to complement my pc?
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 225x377px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 225x377px
Installing my basic drivers before doing WinUpdates and I have a handy guide for it

One of the steps is to install IO drivers from the manufacturer's website

Problem is, I don't really know what an IO driver is and none of the one's shown say "IO Driver"

What are some other names or whatever for this kind of driver

Pic related is the category list of drivers for the PC, what would it be under? I dont know what to look for

I do see a "GPIO driver" in chipset section, is that it?
>>
Does anyone here work at best buy?
>>
File: 51TX35XXSRL.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51TX35XXSRL.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>59409872
story of the year live in the lou

the Bassassins part, not the concert
>>
>>59409867
what is it? it must be some real hipster shit or something from a smaller country if you can't pirate it
>>
>>59409950
https://www.amazon.com/Live-Lou-Bassassins-Story-Year/dp/B0007RTA5C

Just buy it for $5 on amazon?
>>
>>59409983
he did lol
it dosent work
fucking read the comment chain retard
>>
>>59409956
theyre a fairly well known post-hardcore band from like 2003-2005

>>59409983
thats where I got it. first one i ordered got lost in the mail, this one is broken, my original one from a decade ago is long gone, and the external that my rip was on died. maybe the universe doesnt want me to have it anymore
>>
>>59409994
weird. I'd probably buy it again, I mean I'm sure they arent all in bad shape

Plus amazon should definitely be able to reimburse you if you bought something off it and it's DOA

Maybe buy it used
>>
When would I need to use a scripting language rather than a programming language?

I know the difference between them but what makes one more favourable in certain situations than the other?

How does a scripting language work it it does not need to be compiled?
>>
>>59409994
>theyre a fairly well known post-hardcore band from like 2003-2005
What are they called? Early 2000s post-hardcore is my shit.
>>
>>59410119
>story of the year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVFtRq81Ku8
>>
>>59409592
I meant system.
>>
>>59410089
scripting and programming languages are basically the same thing. Python is a full fledged programming language but do to its ease of use people can whip of some useful *scripts* to do stuff. There is also stuff like shell/console/terminal scripting where you can program/automate commands into your computer.
>>
>>59410196
>Python is a full fledged programming language but do to its ease of use people can whip of some useful *scripts* to do stuff.
When would you make a script rather than a program?
>>
>>59410241
depends on the context. The wikipedia article gives enough examples where I feel like it should make more sense for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language
>>
Before I order a new hard drive (6TB 3.5" internal), I'm worried about it heating up too much and the heat damaging the drive or basically lowering its lifespan.

How do I remedy this, and by that I mean what's the best airflow method? I was thinking about buying an enclosure as well and using it as an external instead.
>>
Got a question about vaping and power usage.

A lot of mods these days have high power output (up to 80W, some even a few times this amount) and are used with low resistance (0.3 ohm, sometimes lower) coils. I have been reading resources about vaping and safety and a lot of them say to use 2 ohm coils at no more than 10-15W (not exact numbers, but they are all in that range).

I am wondering, why would they say this when there are mods that can pump out more power at lower resistance? If 0.3 ohms at 80W is safe, wouldn't 2 ohms at 80W be safe also since it draws less current? Some of these resources are old though, and seem to predate the rise of high wattage, low resistance kits, could it just be that with the batteries available back then, 15W was the safe upper bound, even with resistance that is high by today's standards?
>>
Will c++ code that compiles with g++ compile in visual studio? my professor has to shill visual studio since my school gets licenses for free so he uses visual studio to check our work. he says that visual studio is better at enforcing current iso standards, but would this make that big of a difference for an intro to c++ class?
>>
>>59410359
Just stick to standard C++ and you should be fine. Also, if you have access to VS in your university's computer labs, test it there before submitting.
>>
>>59410359
yeah it should. But you should install Visual Studio anyway because basically every major piece of software for windows is built using it; so its 100% worth being familiar with. That being said since you are just working with toy programs anyways you should also use g++.
>>
>>59410291
Wait, are you asking about an overheating harddrive you already own? If so,what kind of temps are you seeing for this drive? if youre running under 50c i wouldnt be concerned.

As for optimal airflow, it really depends on your case. Obviously if your case has space for a fan right infront of the harddrive shelfs then go ahead and stick an intake fan right there.
>>
>>59410432
>>59410404
Thanks!
>>
>>59410433
No, a drive I'm going to order here shortly.

And i'm going to to plop it into a an old 2007 stock gateway tower for the time being until I actually build a new rig.
>>
File: 2015-03-12 17.36.45.jpg (354KB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-12 17.36.45.jpg
354KB, 1000x798px
>>59410291
>I was thinking about buying an enclosure as well and using it as an external instead.

Don't quote me on this, but my 2,5" external aluminum enclosure can be cooled with a CPU heatsink + fan.

Notice there is a big difference between my and your items. But it could be worth a try if you have a spare stock cooler laying around.
>>
>>59410474
Unfortunately I don't. I used to have an old Pentium 4 stock heat sink from a school computer, but I think I threw that away a while ago. Though.....wait, maybe I do.

Actually I think I might.
>>
>>59410454
I wouldnt be too concerned about the heat. If you want, you can clean up the dust inside the case and on the fans (if there is any) and maybe organize the cables a bit. Other than that, you should be fine having the hdd in the gateway case for a bit.

you can also dp what >>59410474 did. seems like a clever solution
>>
>>59410487
>but I think I threw that away a while ago

>removing aluminum from the metal supply
>>
File: tmp_9063-1489273695162323112516.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9063-1489273695162323112516.gif
499KB, 500x281px
Sticker with the code of Windows 7 starter is being peeled out. Must I care about the sticker?
>>
>>59410491
>>59410487
>>59410474
I think I might, but how do I power it if it's outside the case? Do I have to do some wire splicing magic or something?
>>
Why is Kali Linux associated with hacking?
>>
>>59410524

CPU heatsink guy here, I cut off the 3pin fan connector and combined the black and red (typically ground and power, don't quote me on that though) wire to a cut off USB cable. I then stuck the USB connector to my wall plug phone charger.

If you're not comfortable with that, you could first see how the temperatures are without any cooling. Maybe they will "only" peak at 45C during prolonged use, maybe it will go to sleep and stay cool if you're not accessing it very much.
>>
>>59410628
That's what it was made for
>>
>>59410659
But what makes it different from hacking on any other distro?
>>
>>59410650
Ok, I guess for a little bit better context, I'm buying a 6TB drive to replace, though not really replace, I guess supplement is the better word here, a portable 4TB drive which is almost full.

I "copy" a lot of movies and TV shows and basically I need more space, as well as just backing it all up.

This is the enclosure I was thinking about getting btw. Kinda looks like yours.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UAA4J6G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2QGX098CVHYJ7
>>
When i stream in Opera after a while the thing just crashes and says it ran out of memory, shit's getting on my nerves

How to fix
>>
Not too knowledgeable on this but I know it comes with pre-installed tools that are useful for that sort of stuff
>>
File: bird.gif (932KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
932KB, 258x258px
Would a i5 4670k bottleneck a gtx1080?
>>
>>59410664
Kali comes with it pre-installed and runs everything as root by default. Not good for desktop use but a quick and easy environment for pentesting.
>>
>>59410707
Stop using opera
>>
File: 2017-03-15 06_54_07.png (117KB, 931x488px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-15 06_54_07.png
117KB, 931x488px
>>59410687

my enclosure also memed the "aluminum for better heat dissipation".

The "problem" is that once the aluminum heats up, it can't go anywhere by its own, especially if the enclosure is sealed shut (looks like the one you linked is, and so is my 2,5" enclosure). It really cooled down when i stuck my heatsink and cooler on it.

You could always point pic related on the heatsink if you're not comfortable with joining wires etc.

But I should stress it enough, your results may vary, considering we're not using the same sized hard drive and enclosure.
>>
>>59405749
I'm also trying to decide on babbies first linux, my friends recommend Qube.
Thoughts?
>>
>>59411003
Red hat
>>
>>59410881
Ok, I'll probably just use a fan temporarily, but I think I'll try that heat sink method. Did you actually solder it or just tape it up together?
>>
File: 1489557129402.png (387KB, 1280x965px) Image search: [Google]
1489557129402.png
387KB, 1280x965px
I torrent shit a lot. Comcast has sent my dad 56 warning emails and didn't tell me about them because he thought it was spam. I hear Comcast has a "six strike" policy, but most of these emails are from a while ago and they haven't done anything since, so I don't know what fucking strike I'm on. How does Comcast deal with this shit and how can I avoid getting the Comcast dick in my ass in the future?
>>
>>59411012
I was under the impression it cost money
>>
>>59411034
It does. Install Ubuntu. It's pretty simple to use coming from Windows and is a good introduction to using Terminal and having to install shit that usually comes prepackaged with Windows.
>>
>>59411117
Thanks
I'm fairly alright with terminal coming from osx, looking for something challenging but not Arch level challenging..
Thoughts on Qube?
>>
>>59411022

I "joined" them together by twisting them if you know what I mean. So no soldering here. It was a long time ago though. That hard drive enclosure is now my offsite backup so there's no need for extra cooling anymore.
>>
>>59411136
Haven't used it but it seems pretty good. Try it out using a VM and see if it's right for you.
>>
>>59411180
That's a great idea, thank you
>>
Am I just retarded or is infinite scrolling of the index (using json index) broken in 4chanx? Using ccd0's v1.13.8.5.
>>
>>59411486
Works on my machine
>>
>>59411528
Guess I am just retarded. alt+3 changes the behavior to load all threads in a board on one page. Must've accidentally pressed alt+1 for some reason which switched it to paged mode.
>>
Planning to buy a 1080Ti
I have a 6700k 16gb ram and 3 SSD
My current psu is a 550w EVGA gold
Would it be enough?
>>
>>59411544
I was just trolling. Glad you got it working.
>>
>>59409787
that could be moisture damage
>>
File: memelord.jpg (50KB, 399x450px) Image search: [Google]
memelord.jpg
50KB, 399x450px
a few days ago i asked about getting a .daa file to play a tv show i torrented
but no video program i owned can play it
some generous anon suggested i convert it to iso
now i need a program that plays iso files
unless i really need to burn it to a disc first?
idk
what do, /sqt/?
>>
File: 20140809_075317.jpg (476KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20140809_075317.jpg
476KB, 2048x1152px
i have a laptop in front of me with viruses but also important files

how do i nuke the viruses out?

is malwarebytes enough?
>>
File: 1323595549415.jpg (34KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1323595549415.jpg
34KB, 250x333px
Can a Corsair AX850 run 2x 1080ti's?
>>
>>59412162

1. Remove infected hard drive
2. Attach to a linux machine
3. Copy all important files
4. Format infected hard drive

ez.
>>
>>59405170
How to debotify windows 10? And how to disable updates?
>>
>>59412272
>linux machine
torvalds produced machines?
>>59412421
you can't, those third party programs are placebo
>>
File: 1486388510922.png (216KB, 889x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486388510922.png
216KB, 889x768px
>>59412421

You literally can't.

Get W10 Enterprise LTSB from a torrent, it's the only way.

Or just go back to Windows 7.
>>
>>59412474
But I do have w10 Enterprise LTSB, but it does have telemetry and I want to disable updates...
>>
>>59412493

>Disable telemetry

It's an option in the registry.

>Disable updates

LTSB versions don't get any updates except virus definitions, this is to ensure critical hardware doesn't shut down due to forced updates.

To update an LTSB version, you have to download a new ISO from MS and install it manually.
>>
How drastic is the difference in RAM speeds between generations? People acted like DDR4 coming out was no big deal.

I'm currently using a rig with DDR2 667 MHz, will I notice a big difference in latency switching to DDR4 2133 MHz?
(If possible, answer the question with the hypothetical idea that I would still be using the same Phenom II X4 965)
>>
>>59409874
>>59409883
Thanks anon
>>
File: 01large.jpg (133KB, 894x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01large.jpg
133KB, 894x1200px
I got an old alienware laptop, a D9T, or a D900T, the whole dell/Clevo/Sager thing is fucked desu.
I'm pretty sure it works but it doesn't have a charger, will a Genuine Alienware M17-R1 20V-11A or a LI SHIN 20V 11A POWER SUPPLY AC ADAPTER 4-PIN from ebay work for this? or should I just for over the $40+ on a legit one.
>>
>>59412245
According to Nvidia, recommended psu for one 1080TI is 600W, and while you might be able to get a system to power one with 850w powering two, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a massive bottleneck.
>>
Startup menu on Windows 8 disappeared, can't search anything. How to fix?
>>
>>59411792
You could burn the ISO to a disk, or mount it to a virtual drive, could try something like Daemon Tools.
>>
>>59412664
Ctrl+Shift+Esc then end and restart the explorer task, if that doesn't work, try something like resetting your start screen, or restoring the system from a back up.
>>
regexp wizards:

what's a good expression to catch these dumb-fucking-ass

>something something exis-
threads?

/^\>?[a-z]-$/i doesn't work.

they are mostly of that example (some fags don't use the meme arrow or the last word is not a - like "there are no good text edi-"), but they are ALWAYS a one liner and end with a -
>>
File: udp joke.jpg (34KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
udp joke.jpg
34KB, 400x320px
Why can't Firefox save images from Pinterest?
>>
>>59410515
>windows 7 starter
>fucking starter

No reason to care about that, unless you plan to sell the laptop later for normalkeks. In that case just remove the sticker yourself and store it somewhere safe.
>>
>>59412695
It can, there is a userscript for it.
>>
What's the best Linux desktop environment for high DPI screens?
I love KDE but holy shit, I'm forced to choose usability with half of everything not scaling and being digital microprint, or blurry upscaling from 1080p

For that matter, why do 4k screens blur the fuck out of 1080p when they upscale? 4k is evenly divisible by 1080p, it should just be four pixels for every one. What gives?
>>
>>59412709

Edge can save images from there easily without any addons.
>>
>>59412737
>What's the best

fuck off already
>>
>>59412749
No, really. I like KDE, but it's nearly unusable with a high DPI screen. I understand that a tiny minority of users have this problem, but at least one desktop environment has to treat scaling as more than an afterthought.
>>
Are there any certs I can get without ever leaving my bedroom, if so which and how do I go about getting it all sorted?
>>
File: 1475588708778.gif (2MB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1475588708778.gif
2MB, 480x356px
Are there alternatives to accessing an external IDE Hard Drive?

I want to avoid spending 20€ on an external enclosure for a deprecated HDD type, but buying a new SATA is out of my budget.

pic related, my wallet right now
>>
>>59412905
At-home certs are slowly being implemented by MS, but it's super strict, you have to have a decent webcam, an't have anything around your desk, no posters, anything that you think is normal to have in view. It's fairly similar to setting up basic certs, just contacting the reps and getting everything set up.
>>
Best z270 motherboard?
>>
File: plex.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
plex.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
There is a 5 second pause every couple of minutes when I try to use plex. Happens no matter if its 4k, 1080p or 720.

Any ideas? I was excited to join the home network meme.
>>
Is there a safe place to get iso files to make VMs ?
>>
What's a good all-around laptop for 1k? I'm talking about work(programming), videos/music and gaming.
>>
i need dvd to avi converter that can bypass DRM bullshit.

and no im not gonna pay for it
>>
Can you rip the system image off a cisco access point?
Can you make LAP-series work standalone with the config.
>>
>>59413183
Aspire Vx 15, although with the 200 left over there may be a better option.
>>
>>59413189
Use anything.
>>
>>59413241
What are the reasons it's good?
What's the battery life?
>>
File: 1489576462665[3].png (8KB, 746x383px) Image search: [Google]
1489576462665[3].png
8KB, 746x383px
>>59405170
Is there any way for me to bypass a password in an Adobe Flash Player 10 exe file?

My professor uses it for tests, but to activate it you have to put in his password
>>
>>59413279
chrome comes with built in flash player
>>
>>59413258
Seems to be a decent offering (as far as gaming laptops go) price wise, has a decent amount of peripheral ports, user up-gradable ram, etc.
According to "Laptop media" life goes max about 6 hours for web crawling, and almost 2 hours for gaming.
>>
>>59413292
how does that get me past the password
>>
>>59413312
By having Flash without the password.
>>
>>59413322
i need the test inside the exe file
i dont need flash
>>
>>59413331
This is a shot in the dark, tried opening the exe with an archive program like 7zip or winrar?
>>
>>59405170
what does /sqt/ stand for?
>>
>>59413359
Stupid
Question
Thread
>>
>>59413367
o
>>
File: file.png (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
72KB, 1024x576px
Does the PS4 Pro's Youtube app supports 4K HDR videos?
Emphasis on HDR
>>
>>59413406
Youtube itself supports it, but the PS4 Pro app doesn't......"yet"
>>
File: s.png (41KB, 367x495px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
41KB, 367x495px
For no clear reason, my computer keeps filling my small C drive SSD. I make sure to install programs onto my larger HDD, but it's no use. I keep deleting stuff, but they fill up almost instantly.
If I purchase a 120GB SSD, is it possible to transfer the entirety of the smaller SSD's contents to it so I won't need to install Windows and my programs all over again? If so, how do I do that?
>>
Is HDR still a meme?
>>
>>59414107
Given that it's dedicated devices, and modern intel only, yes, yes it is.
>>
>>59413620
do you have a printer?
there is an issue with some laserprinters where they fill the fuck out of your c drive
>>
>>59413620
use something like spacesniffer to find out where your space is dissappearing to

yes you can transfer the entirety of the drive over to a larger drive
>>
>>59413146
>no mention of desktop/server os or spec
seriously? you want troubleshooting without telling us any variables?
>>
File: yo wtf.jpg (384KB, 807x4490px) Image search: [Google]
yo wtf.jpg
384KB, 807x4490px
Yo is it normal to see all this shit? I'm using a Galaxy S7e from T-mobile and it's not rooted or anything. I was messing around with samsung apps and somehow it bugged out
>>
>>59406502
Who is the semen conoisseur?
>>
>>59414350
And it has a lot of odd files at the bottom with "keys" "boot rcv" images,... a bunch stuff like that. It would have been too long of a screenshot tho
>>
>>59414355
it's a drawing, it's not real.
>>
>>59414350
>>59414388
They're just system files and Samsung bloat. You're seeing them because you're using a decent file explorer. Settle down, Chad.
>>
>>59414395
drawings aren't real?
>>
>that woman/girl is not real
>hurr are drawings not real?? XDD
>>
>>59414410
Ok good i thought I fucked it up
>>
File: 1485696547324.png (5KB, 314x264px) Image search: [Google]
1485696547324.png
5KB, 314x264px
>Be me trynna fix up old laptop
>Change out HDD
>XP setup just gives out black screen
>Try out parted magic
>Says it can't boot because le pae kernel error
>Try out knoppix
>Stuck at "booting the kernel"
>Same with FreeDOS
>Try out Vista setup CD
>Stuck at "Windows is loading files..."

Life is fucking suffering

The fuck do i do now

I just want to get this FUCKING piece of shit running properly again with any kind of OS so i can sell it off
>>
File: specs 3-15-17.png (27KB, 711x520px) Image search: [Google]
specs 3-15-17.png
27KB, 711x520px
>>59414296
Sorry...

This is what I run the Plex server off of, the content I want to stream is on the SSD.

I want to stream it to my Xbox One or any other console is fine.
>>
Is there a stripped down version of Windows 10 I can dual boot just for the few windows 10-exclusive games out there

I'm not interested in any of windows 10's features save for its exclusive games and DX12
>>
>>59414638
>>59414638
Also it says no active partition found when you try to boot up so i think the previous HDD owner (it's a "used" but refurbished one) somehow fucked something up
>>
>>59414682
>features save for its exclusive games and DX12
I wouldn't worry about it anon, DX 12 runs like dog shit compared to Vulcan, most devs aren't even gonna care about DX12, so chances of that whole "10 exclusive thing" are slim. and to answer your question, no not really, sorry.
>>
>>59414638
>>59414638
My actual fucking sides, PCLinuxOS won't boot up either on this piece of shit;

>kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)

The fuck is wrong with this machine
>>
Xgboost suckes ass.
>>
>>59414832
>>59414832
Wow great even dban crashes to a blackscreen when you load it up and go into interactive mode, what a surprise gee
>>
>>59414682
i made my own stripped down windows 10 ltsb n image using ntlite
>>
>>59414682
>I'm not interested in any of windows 10's features save for its exclusive games and DX12
So you're interested in the Windows Store ? Because that's where the only Windows 10 exclusive games are.
Pro is the only choice there, Enterprise doesn't have the Store app and afaik cannot install it.
>>
I want to replace my HDD with a SDD.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372

2.5 is the form factor I want, right? Also, do I need any cables or whatnot?
>>
How many years would be required to travel to a fixed object 100 light years far away, at 90% of light speed?
>>
>submit button in quick reply window suddenly stopped working
what could cause that?
>>
>>59414977
C.
Every time, the answer is C.
>>
>>59414976
laptop or desktop?
>>
File: Pic7.png (1MB, 1285x569px) Image search: [Google]
Pic7.png
1MB, 1285x569px
Got a random blue screen the other day whilst ''unlocking'' my computer again.
(Locked it, it's password protected, then came back and logged in again which immediately caused a blue screen to happen)

Had a couple of programs running
Chrome
Teamspeak 3

What could have caused this? Should I reinstall Windows in this situation?

Using Windows 7.
>>
>>59415062
Desktop, whatever case form factor a dell xps workstation from 2015 is.
>>
Why not just use SHA-1 and MD5?
>>
>>59415074
So, if you were straight up "replacing" it, you wouldn't need any cable, just plug in the ones from the old hard drive into the SSD then install your OS, if you're wanted to use both though, you're gonna need to make sure you have another sata power cable free, and a SATA cable for data. Other then that, 2.5" is fine, but some SSDs come with a 2.5" to 5" brackets just in case.
>>
>>59415102
I'm just gonna use a 1TB external since other stuff is gonna be using all my cables.
>>
>>59415120
Alright, just don't forget to transfer your data somehow, not that you need to be told that.
>>
>>59415128
Already backed up. Thanks for the advice, buddy.
>>
>>59415079
Theyre too secure. its overkill.
>>
>>59415079
For what?
>>
>>59415073
>What could have caused this?
With the information you've provided, a lot of things. Ranging anywhere from a piece of software going wonky to a bad overclock to something in your computer is living on borrowed time.
>Should I reinstall Windows in this situation?
No.
>>
>>59415073
If it only did it once, chill the fuck out. Newbs always be comin here thinking one minor glitch is the first sign of core meltdown
>>
>>59415416
Thank you for your reply.
It's the very first time this happened ever since my last reinstall of Windows.
It never happened again afterwards.
>>
>>59415449
You need to learn how to manage and troubleshoot your PC instead of reinstalling Windows for shit like this.
>>
>>59415465
I'm not sure how to go on and manage or troubleshoot my PC.
>>
>>59415486
>You need to learn
>>
>>59415486
>Have problem
>Google it
>Learn
>Profit
>>
>>59415520
I doubt googling ''Blue screen Windows 7'' will bring me very far.
I don't remember the error code.
>>
>>59415538
It'll bring you further than you think.
Hint: There's a way to find the error code along with additional information after the fact.
>>
>>59414638
>>59414638
Okay so i tried using the ubuntu boot-repair-disk now to fix up the mess and it's saying the exact same fucking thing;

>This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU: pae

What the fuck really

I don't know if i should try out systemrescueCD aswell now since it's linux-based too
>>
>>59415538
Press the f8 key immediately after the BIOS splash screen, gets you to the Windows advanced options menu.

Choose the option "disable automatic reboot after blue screen", then record the error code.
>>
>>59415552
>>59415569
I will look into this, thank you.
>>
>>59413431
Thank you for your answer.
>>
so should i wait for ryzen 5(1500x model)? i was planning to go for a i5 7500k for my gaming pc build but i heard about the r5 recently

also here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kxj6Ps
>>
>>59415565
Nope systemrescueCD immediately crashes to blackscreen aswell

This is getting really fucking kafkaesque now i've wasted over 3 hours on what should've taken less than 15 minutes

Linux is such a piece of shit
>>
>>59415565
You are using 32bit ISOs right?
>>
new bread when
>>
>>59415850
When you make it. Don't wait 2 extra seconds this time
>>
How do I get Wangblows to stop showing that popup window that comes up in the middle of the screen every time I plug in removable media? I set everything to "take no action" in Autoplay settings but all it did was make it so that the window only disappears after it finishes "scanning media". I don't want it to show at all
>>
Where can I find guides on body mapping?
>>
I'm getting this error when trying to install ubuntu via setup CD:

>Boot-Loader
>live-install: file not found

Wat do
>>
>>59414682
Honestly with a 4k television and HDR turned on, the console versions are indistinguishable from their PC counterparts, and they also have an actual playerbase if you wanna rooty tooty point and shooty online.
>>
>>59414222
I do not.

>>59414245
I'll look into the sniffer. How does transferring a system drive work? Do I need some tool to make sure everything goes over?
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 211x239px
>>59414395
For all intents and purposes you, anon, may as well consider super-models to not be real. Face it, you aren't going to get laid either way.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.