[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok here's the gist /g/. My ping sits at about 75 when playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: swampboy.jpg (983KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
swampboy.jpg
983KB, 2136x1424px
Ok here's the gist /g/.
My ping sits at about 75 when playing games. If someone in my household goes on youtube, it goes over 1000. This has been happening since like December 2015. It never used to happen before even with 9+ devices.

Please help me.
>>
>>59395468
>>>/g/sqt

Also, get your own place.

If you can't, then you're not 18, so
>>>/out/
>>
File: darenblack.png (701KB, 603x756px) Image search: [Google]
darenblack.png
701KB, 603x756px
>>59395518
Alright then cunt, why's it a stupid question?

Also living at home saves a lot of money.
>>
>>59395547
Swearing won't make you look older.

It's a stupid question because the answer is simple: your internet connection sucks.

Go talk to your isp, not /g/
>>
>>59395575
I know /g/ is Reddit 2, but still. And please tell me, why did my internet get shit suddenly?
>>
>>59395598
>Go talk to your isp,
>>
>>59395605
>i did
>>
>>59395636
That's not how greentexting works.
>>
>>59395639
Lemme guess, you think its just for quotes dont you?
>>
welp less than 10 posts and the retard op is already calling people redditors
>>
>>59395468
/g/ is for posting loonix pictures with anime wallpapers.
>>
>>59395688
No, but I know that a two word "story" is not a reason to use it.
>>
>>59395468
Flash your router firmware with something useful like ddwrt or openwrt. Then enable QoS with your gaymen host in top priority.

Run a speedtest and set your up/down limit 80-90% max so your router has a bit of comfy overhead to work with.
>>
>>59395712
Ok you must be joking otherwise you really are reddit/newfag
>>
>>59395750
Neither are compatible (Linksys xac1200)
>>
>>59395872
Maybe see if Tomato can run on it?

The default firmware might have QoS. can't speak of its performance though - ive heard that stock QoS usually is pretty shitty. Worth a shot.
>>
>>59395872
Your default firmware should have QoS, too.
>>
Wait, so he lives at home and you're telling him to put new firmware on his parents router?
imokwiththis.jpg
>>
QoS
>>
>>59396653
Doesnt everybody here brick daddys router ?
>>
>>59395468
what internet speeds?
>>
>>59395468
Wtf is that in the background left side
>>
>>59397328
>spots the ghost of stalin
>>
>>59395468

You would need to show ping, pathping/mtr, dnstracer, etc to show at what hop your ping spikes.
>>
File: How-About-No-Meme-14.jpg (110KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
How-About-No-Meme-14.jpg
110KB, 400x400px
>>59395468

Look at this reply

What you're describing is called bufferbloat

https://www.tnhh.net/mobile/posts/bufferbloat-in-laymans-terms.html

>>59395935

Tomato runs on kernel 2.6 or some ancient shit and doesn't have SQM QoS which is a zero-tuning type of QoS. Get a router with LEDE or OpenWRT (or at least, something that runs DD-WRT on kernel 3.0+, not everything does).
>>
If you didn't have any problems before, you should consider the following steps.

Reset the modem to factory settings, usually by using a pin/needle to push in a recessed button on the modem for about 60 seconds (check manual to be sure)
If you have a seperate router behind the modem, reset that too.
Check speeds and ping when connected with ethernet.

If it didn't work, you might try replacing the cable that runs to your ISRA/AOP/whatever they call it, the cable that runs to the box or connector that the modem is attached to.

If that doesn't work, call ISP, they might have to replace your modem/connection point in the house or test to see (and fix) if the problem is caused by some of their network infrastructure outside of your residence.

Fuck all those fags who insist that DDWRT is the fix to everything.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.