[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 46

File: dog.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Last thread: >>59336328

----------

OP Question: Is there any failsafe usb stick that operates like phone memory? so if theres some powerloss or it just gets unmounted (without securely removing it) - it doesnt shit itself.
>>
Is this the stupid questions thread?
>>
>>59342648
No
>>
>>59342648
yes
>>
Is it acceptable to flash Gapps on CM, install the stuff you need from the playstore, then permanently disable all the google processes (including play services), block the connection of all the non-trusted app with AFwall, and use FDroid for the rest? What are the cons of this approach?
>>
Which brand of the GTX1070 would you guys recommend?
>>
Why i'm clicking on the choose file button and nothing happens?
>>
File: setup.png (7KB, 936x495px) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
7KB, 936x495px
Is this a good monitor setup?
>>
>>59343073
What do you do with your computer and where do you sit relative to the screens?
>>
Why write in C instead of C++?
>>
>>59343263
This is a hypothetical scenario, currently I have a similar layout, but with 2 1366x768 displays, and 1 1600x900

I figured that going from 900p to 1080p on the main screen wouldn't be that much of an real estate upgrade, so I chose a bigger one, I use my computer for programing, 4chan and gaming sometimes

I currently sit 1.5' from my screens, the bigger one directly in front of me, but this could change, as I would need a bigger stronger table for those new ones (in the hypothetical situation where I could afford them)
>>
At home I have a completely separate network which runs an in-house IPTV system. It's physically separated from my LAN and it only has 4 IPTV STBs plugged in at any moment (An Amino box and 3 entone boxes). I plug a laptop into the separate network when I need to configure something.

What I want to do is take one of my IPTV STBs with me when I'm out on the road for work. Mainly so that I can watch the locals and blacked out games depending on where in the country I am. Work tends to put me up in places with decent internet so bandwidth is almost never going to be a problem from home or on the road. But the problem is, I have no clue how to approach this.

My initial thought is that I use my PFsense router and OpenVPN to accomplish this. I would install a new network card and turn it up as OPT1. Plug that into the IPTV VLAN and then configure the interface to pull, not push, an IP address via DHCP (the IPTV server handles DHCP on the IPTV network).

But how would I get this working properly with OpenVPN? Would I create some kind of tunnel between the IPTV network and OpenVPN? Can pfsense do that?

On the other side, I was thinking of using an old Cisco router I have running DDWRT as an OpenVPN client/bridge.

In my mind, the setup goes like this:

IPTV NET - - - OPT 1 - bridge? - OPENVPN **internets - openvpn bridge** OPENVPN - bridge to port n - DDWRT - - - STB

But I am not sure on where to begin to get this working properly. Some of the guides I've found to get something like this working aren't exactly what I'm looking for, and others mention the use of OPT1 being a DHCP server when that wouldn't work for my setup. Ideally I'd like the connection to appear as if it was just a bridge over the internet, with the remote stb picking up the same IP address from my IPTV network that it would if it was physically plugged in at home... Does that make sense?

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
>>
>>59343456

**Made a mistake in this post. The IPTV network is a separate physical network. NOT a VLAN.
>>
File: kupo.png (37KB, 658x511px) Image search: [Google]
kupo.png
37KB, 658x511px
I play Diablo 3.

All is well but when i run a full game with diff characters and I get lag.

No high temp.

Any bottle neck or what?

Specs here with 430 PSU

FPS stays above 60 FPS btw
>>
>>59343341
Apart from the obvious - small / embedded devices - generally C is better for pure number crunching problems (e.g. GPU graphics processing, massively parallel physics calculations, pattern mining etc) where OOP features are a bloat. C++ is better for modelling systems where 'things' interact, much easier with OOP capabilities.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (11KB, 404x220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
11KB, 404x220px
Why does Vivaldi looks like a bitcoin miner?
>>
has anyone tried to mess with this "google opinion rewards" thing?

apparently when you go into stores itll give tiny surveys about your experience and you can make a few bucks off them to spend on the playstore.

i dont personally need it since i just pirate all my apps, but i was wondering if anyone has tried using a fake location app to trick google into thinking you went to a bunch of stores so you can spam all the surveys.
>>
Is buying another RAM stick solely for dual channel worth it? This is on a laptop with an i5-5300u, integrated graphics and 8gb RAM already installed. I'd like to squeeze more performance out of this thing.
>>
File: harddrive.jpg (120KB, 1280x1001px) Image search: [Google]
harddrive.jpg
120KB, 1280x1001px
How many years until you upgrade/replace your hard drive before it begins to fail?
Do SSDs last longer than HDDs?
Should I be worried about any other components failing in an older pc?
>>
>>59343778
>Should I be worried about any other components failing in an older pc?
Fans, GPU, perhaps the PSU. Fans get worn out after 3-5 years, less if there are no dust filters and they aren't being cleaned regularly with canned air. I've never personally had a GPU die but I hear of it happening a lot. My old 8800GT is still working, as is my old 560Ti. Maybe I just have good luck.

Everything else should last a very, very long time as long as temps are good and you aren't overclocking.
>>
File: 1474415506889.gif (1MB, 268x304px) Image search: [Google]
1474415506889.gif
1MB, 268x304px
Why would a pc boot into linux but do a endless loop at boot on windows, including the usb media?
The windows os installed on the usb was done with the media but it gives the exact same loop as trying to boot with a supposedly clean format windows installation, however, trying to install ubuntu and other distros works perfectly even when I'm using the same usb.
>>
>>59343778
hdd's are really volatile, you really never know what might happen, in theory they should last x amount of years depending on brand, care, etc.
I've had this old as sin samsung hdd from an old prebuilt and it's still running perfectly after 9 years.

Meanwhile the 1tb seagate I bought (and tested as soon as it arrived) a year ago is already failling.
>>
>>59343778
PSU, motherboards and ram are the main stuff.

If you get a good psu which you should, then it's really rare to see it die, motherboard can be tricky and hard to pinpoint if it's the thing giving problems but again, can be avoided a bit more by paying some more bucks and reading reviews and informing yourself.
Good quality cpu and gpus are built like bricks and are often quite durable and reliable, as long as you don't have them running in an oven of course.
Ram is really fucking random and it could work perfectly one day then go to shit next morning, make sure to use memtest and keep your boxes for warranty.

And remember, you could buy the most cheap ass scrambled shit and last it years and put together some insane super expensive 5 star review on everything machine for 5k and still have a component fail, it's rare and sometimes it just comes down to you being unlucky, which is why you should run tests on every piece of hardware.
>>
What are the causes of a laptop's HDD getting 100% usage on win 10 ? ( its fucking freezing all the time ) i checked for error and bad blocks, all ok . I really dunno what it could be :/
>>
Is there a good guide to learn how to overclock simply?

I don't want to go in to it hardcore, just get my 4770k to like 4 or 4.2
>>
>>59343752
For what?
I mean it's using fucking integrated graphics, what task could you want to squeeze more performance out with those specs?

>>59344038
Could be BITS which is often what microsoft support tells you, defender, anti virus, x background program or service, whatever a microsoft support agent tells you.
I haven't seen a pc running 8 or higher that hasn't had this issue or has it constantly, I'm not very knowledgeable about it but I'm pretty sure it's just one of the quirks and fuck ups of the transition to 8 that they don't quite know how to fix or what to do because it's still there on 10.
>>
Which is the best youtube downloader add-on for Firefox?
I was using this one but I don't remember its name. It was really good. It added a button right next to the options menu on Firefox, then let you download the video in mp3 and other video formats. It's not the one with the orange windows.
>>
RAID Question

I am considering doing a (software) raid in Windows 8 or 10. Apperently I can't apply the raid across my install partition? If I lose that install partition does the raid go with it? or will winodows recognize and re-build (If necessary) a windows made raid 5?
>>
When do you want a NAS
>>
>>59344038
Is it a new problem? or been around almost as long as the laptop?

>>59343778
PSU fails more often then anything else. After that is hdd, fans, then it's anyones guess.

From my research SSD's are not much more reliable then HDDs. And they often give no warning when they are about to crash.
>>
>>59344156
its a new problem, don't know what to do
>>
>>59344101
As you said it could be a lot of things, to narrow it down what can i do ? is there any workaround for this ? i searched everywhere on the net
>>
>>59344185
Well if the HDD is in good shape, check taskman/resource monitor and see if any one thing is maxing it out.

Did it start happening after a windows update
>>
>>59344156
From experience, the number one thing that kills HDDs are sudden and improper shutdowns. Avoid those and they'll more than likely live long.
>>
>>59344201
mostly what maxes out is SYSTEM. I've tried formating the whole hdd and installing win 10 from scratch also installed all drivers from the official website, so far nothing
>>
Asus HD 6850
AMD Phenom ii x4
MSI 990fxa motherboard
HyperX 8gb ram
XFX pro 650w power supply
WD caviar 500gb hdd

for 200 bucks + a crappy case?

good deal?
>>
>>59344306
>AMD

lmao no
>>
>>59344286
well hopefully the reinstall will do it. Thats were my knowledge was leading me to. Sometimes some windows services will cause similar problems, and they can be disabled.
>>
>>59344306
Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. May depend a bit on what gen the processor is.
>>
>>59344405

im the one selling these parts. Its a pre-built PC thats 5 years old and I just need some money to buy a normal laptop since Im done with desktop shit until I have real money
>>
>>59344286
Like I said, it's likely to just be a fuck up on microsoft and it's still there from w8 to 10.
It could be BITS, could be certain services or background programs, your best bet would be to find which windows services often cause it and disable them one by one and see if it works.
I've seen this issue on a million normie pcs and several other pcs with competent people behind them and this always happens eventually, might not be noticeable depending on the specs but you can tell if you're often monitoring drive activity, more than often it's always some windows service that goes wild in later windows OS and they still haven't fixed it, blame microsoft incompetence
>>
a friend happened to hand me his laptop, installed BBlean and managed to fuck it up for one user account- even new accounts refuse to start up explorer, manually windows will refuse pointing out it has no access to specfied location of explorer.exe, only one account can launch it. i have tried registry so far and nothing ever comes out of it.

will i need a full blown system restore?
>>
>Get new router.
>RT-AC68U running AdvancedTomato.
>Works fantastically.
>Android phones keep changing time zone by one hour, and location from Kansas City, MO, to VA.

I'm pulling my hair out over this. Is it possible that this is a wireless router issue, or is it just Sprint's fault, and a coincidence??
>>
File: 20170311_002843.png (742KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_002843.png
742KB, 1080x1920px
Can a nigga help me with finding out what the name for this is? Product number or whatever. All I'm seeing is "Asus Newest 2017."
>>
>>59342648
Maybe
>>
>>59344568
You wanna give the link??
>>
>>59343456
Hey, this isn't a stupid question.
>>
Should i buy a 2011 macbook pro thats missing buttons, dvd drive is fucked, trackpad has ghosting and the p and caps lock key dont work?

$115?
>>
>>59344568
theres no product number.

Its literally just saying saying all the features. Looks like a Thinkpad yoga, though
>>
>>59344593
NO
>>
>>59344584
Sometimes the answerers bring the stupid
>>
>>59344593
lmao no, just get a normal Windows laptop for double the price and quadruple the features
>>
>>59344575
Shit, yes. Thing sent right when I remembered.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NBL1NNB/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489211572&sr=8-2-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=2017+ASUS+17.3-Inch+Full+HD+%281920+x+1080%29+Premium+Laptop%2C+Intel+Core+i5-6200U+Processor%2C+12GB+DDR4+RAM%2C+1TB+HDD%2C+NVIDIA+GeForce+950M+2GB%2C+SuperMulti+DVD%2C+HDMI%2C+Bluetooth%2C+VGA%2C+Wifi%2C+Windows+10

Long ass link, I know.
>>
>>59344596
It literally says Asus.
>>
>>59344598
why not? seems like a pretty dece price. sure its got a plethora of issues but its a steal right? Plus im sure it wouldnt cost that much to fix the keyboard and trackpad?
>>
>>59344138
Usually right after I take a CRAS.
>>
>>59344610
>judging by the design and the components involved it appears to be a Logitech Yogapad clone
>>
>>59344613
You're literally retarded.

1. it's broken.
2. It's a 2011, the worst MacBook Pro model in recent time.
>>
>>59344542
>"full blown" system restore
If you have a system restore point available, that would be an excellent, low consequences way to potentially fix the problem
>>
>>59344609
>Item model number Asus X756

>>59344624
Why are you greentexting?
>>
>>59344608
what $230 laptop has an i5 2435M 4gb of ram, a nice look and so forth

>>59344627
it seems to be minimal issues, why is 2011 the worst?
>>
>>59344429
>965
oh wow, thats about the best on that mobo. Check what it sells for by itself on ebay, you may be surprised. Either way I would up the asking price to 250, and accept 200.
>>
File: 0KPRJEY.png (57KB, 946x585px) Image search: [Google]
0KPRJEY.png
57KB, 946x585px
so im trying to use virtual box to test some linux distros and when i start it and try to locate the iso file it gives me this error when opening the file picker
>>
>>59344644
>what $230 laptop has an i5 2435M 4gb of ram, a nice look and so forth

Any fucking laptop ever.

>it seems to be minimal issues, why is 2011 the worst?

Google it. YouTube it.
>>
>>59344652
Are you running out of RAM?
>>
>>59344653
>Any fucking laptop ever.
link me up, for comparison sake a laptop that isnt a piece of shit super thick plastic body for that price?

so it seems a few have gpu issues? but this one uses intel graphics, so would it have the issue?
>>
>>59344637
>x756
Oh shit, thank you anon. Did you find it out or was I too stupid to see it on the link?
>>
File: ZP21qwO.png (26KB, 662x590px) Image search: [Google]
ZP21qwO.png
26KB, 662x590px
>>59344658
no. i have 1gb ram set for the vm
>>
>>59344665
>so it seems a few have gpu issues? but this one uses intel graphics, so would it have the issue?

No.

>>59344668
It's at the bottom of the page.
>>
>>59344568
>hard drive
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>59344646
Yea I bumped it to 250 on a 2nd post. Got an email asking for 150 (on a first post that was for 200) and told them i was 200 firm, they responded that 200 was OK. Seems like my only chance to get rid of it so Ill probably accept.

>>59344637
to clarify what I really meant.

>>59344644
anything ever
>>
>>59344644
>what $230 laptop has an i5 2435M 4gb of ram, a nice look and so forth
You can get a think-pad for that price.
You can get some tough-books for that price.
You can get a used HP Eletebook.
You can get a used Dell dimension

But if you want it go for it. I mean you obviously want it.
>>
>>59344673
Kindly restarting the computer and try again sir.
>>
>>59344673
On your host tho
>>
>>59344674
>bottom of the page
Ah. I see it now. Thanks again.
>>
>>59344687
Ive tried that already multiple times today. Also tried reinstalling
>>
>>59344565
Bump!
>>
>>59344692
thats what the screenshot is, there is 5.8 gb free
>>
>>59344698
Solly, but you must rebuying the Vindows DVD, ok!?!??!?!! pls do kindly
>>
>>59344676
ya that would do it, I mean they get a pretty good deal, you get the money you need. such is 3rd party selling and buying.
>>
>>59344106
>RAID
anybody? Its going to be a fresh install btw.
>>
I have never experienced hardship like trying to install a Windows 7 x64 duel-boot to a Windows 10 x64 system without reformatting either of my storage drives

Every time I think I've got it, I get hit with something else.

Oh, skylake/kabylake CPUs for some reason disable USB input in the Windows 7 installer, so I'll spend 10 minutes waiting on Intel's tool to put USB 3.0 drivers into the boot iso.

Oh, but it's saying I can't install Windows 7 onto a CBR partition. But this is an x64 iso and Google says you can install 64-bit onto CBR. Weird, maybe I'll try a single-version ISO (after the intel tool does its 10 minute thing of course!) since this is multiversion

Oh, it started installing but didn't work, I wonder why. Oh, it's because this iso is 'Home Premium' edition, and 'Home Premium' Windows 7 doesn't support CBR/virtual disks while Ultimate version does. OK, let me Google it some more

https://dhodgin.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/creating-a-uefibios-windows-7-usb-and-installing-to-gpt-partitions/

Now I gotta do ALL THIS SHIT and I don't even know if it will work. FUCK windows
>>
>>59344682
im undecived about it, i dont really want anything too thick like a a old t420 but some of the newer laptops are way too thin to be enjoyable.
>>
>>59344665
>>59344789

1080p didn't even exist on the 2011 pro. That's a bad deal even if it wasn't in shit condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6520-15-Core-i7-2620M-2-7GHz-4GB-500GB-1080p-Webcam-Win-7-Laptop-/391724491779?hash=item5b34996403:g:tiEAAOSwhcJWH9W7

Tack at least $40 on to either for ssd, $60 if you want any real kind of storage
>>
>>59344789
>way too thin to be enjoyable
>too thin
Are you one of those people who only gets turned on by fat chicks?
>>
>>59344789
>>59344682
FUCK I MEANT LATITUDE NOT DIMENTION
>>
>>59344741
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBR
>>
>>59342626
is there a version of the humping usb dog that is also has storage? the ones I found just hump.

https://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Funny-Humping-Christmas-White/dp/B00AZUFEA6/ref=pd_sim_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FK134JTPE9AE5GQ78P95
>>
>>59344880
lISTEN here fucko
>>
>>59344902
Link a reference to 'CBR'
>>
>>59344920
look fellow I've been up for a lotta hours trying to make windows do the thing
my ravaged mind doesn't care about the sanctity of microsoft's gay ass terms
>>
is there any way to swap l/r speakers in windows 10? for some reason the audio coming out got swapped and I have no idea why. I didn't realize it until I tried playing an fps and I had no idea positional audio was such an important part of a game
>>
>>59344946
No, I'm saying I literally have no idea what you're referring to. If you just start making up words for your problems, it makes it hella hard to help
>>
>>59344963
'GPT'

https://dhodgin.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/creating-a-uefibios-windows-7-usb-and-installing-to-gpt-partitions/
>>
>>59344841
surface keyboard for example is too thin. Mba is just past the borderline. The new macs especially, with how they sacrifice an actual keyboard for 0.5mm of thinness

>>59344821
>>59344845
true this, you know looking into it i can get somewhat decent laptops that dont have a 1000 problems for the same price. Crisis averted i think
>>
>>59344958
You could try something like Virtual Audio Cable. This seems kinda convoluted, since I would hope that Windows could handle this natively.
>>
>>59344968
That's better. So yes, any 64bit version of windows 7 can be installed to GPT. Let rufus take over making your flashdrive GPT bootable https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Also I'd think about using your mobo/laptop manufacturers specific USB 3 drivers if they offer any

http://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

And if you still want to change the version of your windows install disk for some reason, that's actually pretty simple to do with a small edit
>>
Try to spoof user agent.

Now go to archive.fo.

Why does this happen?
>>
are Acer brand laptops acceptable, or is there anything to watch out for with this manufacturer?
>>
>>59345463
they are pretty average. Dont get one if its going to be carried in a bag a lot (especially a backpack).

For the most part it's like every other brand of laptop, avoid the bottom of the barrel and you will probably be fine, never buy anything with bad reviews. Realize that cheap (new) laptops aren't durable.
>>
>>59345518
Alright, so I'm not getting meme'd on by picking out an Acer posted on Laptopscribes? Thanks anon.
>>
>>59345549
It just depends on what you're looking for. If its just general use internet-on-the-go kinda deal, Acer is fine.
>>
How do I download music from youtube that's on the Topic channel, youtube-mp3 is blocks them
>>
>>59345576
Audacity, record your computer's audio output.
Downside: you have to play the video for as long as you record, and not play other audio during it.

t. YouTube editor
>>
>>59345576
link to it/one? not sure what you're referring to
>>
>>59345597
my turn

How can I remove the padlock icon on the lockscreen of TouchWiz stock Samsung S6?
>>
>>59345599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7X44sgc718

there's an example, not the one I want to download though
>>
>>59345576
>>59345610
youtube-dl -f 251 [url]

will download the opus audio stream of the dash stream.
>>
>>59345599
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2579942
>>
>>59345610
works fine with youtube-dl
https://jii.moe/HkyHiVWjx.opus
>>
what's a reasonable overclock on an i7 3930k?
>>
File: help me.jpg (211KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
211KB, 500x364px
with firefox 57, mozilla will drop XUL. i don't want to lose my current setup (mainly CTR), are there any forks that will continue to support XUL add ons?
waterfox, palemoon, etc.
>>
>>59345632
4.2 - 4.8 GHz, depending on how good the chip is.
>>
>>59345632
overclocking by definition is a per-chip thing, you can't use someone else's settings and expect it to work or be your chips' limit
>>
>>59345626
So... what do I do with that?
>>
>>59345648
cool thanks, found on for $160 AUD, and now I gotta find a 2011 motherboard for another $200 or so
>>59345661
yeah, I gathered that, I was wanting a general idea of overclocking, as I've stuck with locked CPU before
>>
>>59345665
get youtube-dl
run it like >>59345626 told you.
file will be downloaded to your current working directory

you can use -F to list all the available file formats
>>
>>59343852
>canned air
For those of us who drive, I have recently discovered car washes with air hoses. Take PC to car wash to blast air. I live in Arizona and the air hoses are free.
>>
>>59345665
install youtube-dl, then put the line the other anon posted in your console (windows)/terminal (linux).
if on windows make sure to navigate to the youtube-dl folder (in cmd) with

cd C:\[path to youtube-dl folder]

at least that's how i think it's done, i don't use youtube dl.

there are online converters that let you rip audio from youtube, youtube center dev build has a nice selection of them.
>>
File: eeee.png (52KB, 177x681px) Image search: [Google]
eeee.png
52KB, 177x681px
Laptop comes with 8gb, want 16gb, so what difference does it make if I buy 2x4gb or just 1x8gb?

What's the difference between these two (except price)?
>>
>>59345713
2 sticks can run in dual channel, 1 stick can be upgraded later.

the bottom one runs at a higher frequency.
>>
>>59345729
Alright, thanks, I'll be buying the bottom one.
>>
>>59345760
make sure your motherboard supports that frequency.
>>
>>59345768
Alright, I'll be checking that. Thank you very much again.
>>
okay this youtube-dl shit is way over my head
>>
>>59345793
it's the best way to download anything from youtube.
you get the best files and qualities instead of going through 3rd party websites which create shitty low quality audio files.
>>
>>59345800
Yeah I get that, and I want to use it. but that doesnt stop it from being hard to use.

I've got the .exe, now what?
>>
>>59345816
open command line, navigate to where your youtube-dl.exe is using cd, enter commands from above posts.

you can also use shift-right click in explorer directory and choose "open command line here" or use the file menu on top left from explorer
>>
>>59345816
see >>59345697
just follow these instructions
>>
Is it okay to put my router above a window-type Air-conditioner?

Would vibrations break routers and stuff in the long run?
>>
>>59343472
>Windows 10

Oh boy
>>
>>59345829
Okay, I opened cmd with shift right click in the folder that the youtube-dl .exe is located, and everything I type in there isn't being recognized
>>
>>59345873
please post a sreenshot of the open cmd window and file explorer showing youtube-dl
>>
>>59345873
try
youtube-dl.exe [URL]
>>
>>59345849

Nothing bad will happen.
>>
>>59345881
yeah you'd like that wouldnt you
>>
Does overclocking a monitor (Dell U2414) above its intended 60hz bad?
>>
alright I figured it out... It's because the filename was youtube-dl.exe(1), renamed it and it works
>>
>>59345897
it's the fastest way to figure out what you're doing wrong.
I'm not going to ask you every possibility one by one and then waiting for an answer.
>>
so it downloads them as webms, whats the easiest way to convert to .mp3
>>
>>59345941
ffmpeg.
if you put ffmpeg.exe into the same directory you can use these options to make it convert them for you
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#post-processing-options

you can get windows builds of ffmpeg from here https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
>>
Anyone else enjoying the awesome new thing ProtonMail gave us for testing?
>>
>>59345973
when I do
>youtube-dl.exe -f 251 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaaKuCwYBc --audio-format mp3

I get a windows popup saying This app can't run on your pc
>>
File: linux-bsd-840x420.jpg (82KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
linux-bsd-840x420.jpg
82KB, 840x420px
What's the differences between Linux and BSD?
>>
>>59346040
put --audio-format before the url.
syntax is
youtube-dl [OPTIONS] URL [URL...]
>>
>>59346056
nope, still can't run it
>>
File: videosize.png (535KB, 952x667px) Image search: [Google]
videosize.png
535KB, 952x667px
I'm not sure how I did it, but in Chromium the video is larger since it uses wasted whitespace and I can't remember how I did it.

How do I get the same in Firefox (below)?
>>
File: Ohio_Sunset_uhd.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Ohio_Sunset_uhd.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>For the noindex meta tag to be effective, the page must not be blocked by a robots.txt file.
>If the page is blocked by a robots.txt file, the crawler will never see the noindex tag.
>the page can still appear in search results, for example if other pages link to it.

So the site, file, directory must not be blocked - it must be available FOR crawling in order to not appear in the search results (when noindex is applied).

So, what's the point? Why doesn't block/disallow by robots.txt also apply noindex - why would you want to index a site in SERP that can't be crawled?
>>
Now just trying to run youtube-dl -f gets the can't run error
>>
File: XqdeO.png (4KB, 509x83px) Image search: [Google]
XqdeO.png
4KB, 509x83px
>>59346116
because a search machine can index your page without visiting it when you get linked from other pages.
robots.txt just says don't crawl it, noindex meta tag says don't even index it.

pic related is the result on google when you forbid crawling with robots.txt but the site is popular enough to get a lot of other sites pointing to it.
>>
>>59346140
What's a good example of site you don't want to be crawled, but want to be indexed?
>>
>>59346156
none, it's usually people misunderstanding robots.txt
>>
>>59346116
>>59346156
here's more info.
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062608
>While Google won't crawl or index the content blocked by robots.txt, we might still find and index a disallowed URL from other places on the web. As a result, the URL address and, potentially, other publicly available information such as anchor text in links to the site can still appear in Google search results. You can stop your URL from appearing in Google Search results completely by using other URL blocking methods, such as password-protecting the files on your server or using the noindex meta tag or response header.
>>
>>59346170
That (and other SEO related topics) is what I'm reading right now, and precisely why I asked why would a website disallow crawling yet not use noindex (for example, why don't private trackers do this?) They generally have disallowed scraping yet allow to be indexed.

It's no security protocol as stated many times by Google, but it'd still be something. I've tried to think of why would I deny scraping but allow indexing and I can't really understand any way in which this would be beneficial - maybe in a slow as shit server that can't handle scraping?
>>
I have one specific iptable rule at top on the list, and then I have another to drop everything, yet the previous one is not working. I think I matched the requisites:

>Right syntax
>Right order

I don't know how to troubleshoot, I even opened everything to see if packages would go through that rule (since with everything opened it should go straight to the rule) and the rule is still not applying. What could be the issue?
>>
File: DJI_Mavic_Pro.jpg (89KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
DJI_Mavic_Pro.jpg
89KB, 720x480px
Anyone here got a Drone?
Specifically, the DJI Mavic Pro?

My DJI Mavic Pro arrived yesterday just in time for a project shoot. But, i'm having major issues straight out of the box:

> Open package, charge everything.
> Download the DJI GO 4 app, go through the motions of signing up to DJI, activate my drone, etc.
> Turn on the controller, plug in phone and relaunch the DJI GO app.
> Download latest firmware, as prompted.
> It gets to 39% and stops for a few minutes.
> Suddenly, phonecall from my gf. She's stuck miles away and I have to come get her, she's got a show tonight.
> Get ready to leave immediately
> Phone rings. "Don't worry, it's all sorted now. I have a lift home."
> Okay, right, so back to the Firmware update.

> Relaunch app, no idea if the firmware completed or not. I assume it didn't, because I had to answer the phone. Wether the update runs in the background or not, I have no idea.

> Decide best thing to do at this point is reset the firmware cache and start again from scratch.
> Now, my RC won't connect to my phone, or my drone. It's constantly stuck in "connecting..."

>I've tried using the cable and directly connecting my RC to DJI Assistant 2 (on my phone, on my mac, on my pc), but even that doesn't recognise the RC. The cable is fine, i've tried it on the Drone and it recognises it. The problem is isolated to the RC.

> Spend the best part of yesterday looking through forums and apparently a lot of people have the same issue. the Firmware update got to 30-40% and then froze (I happened to answer my phone during the freeze, backing out of the App during the freeze)

Do I have to send this back to China?
No kidding, it took 5 months between pre-order and now to receive it. I'm fucking shitting myself at the prospect of going through all that shit again.

I know it's a long shot but i've tried everything I can think, can anyone here help?
>>
>>59346103
Figured it out. It was the "Disable dynamic player size in default view" in YouTube Plus extension/addon. Seems to work better on Chromium.
>>
I'm trying to install arch on my ThinkPad, and after installing it can't find the OS on the drive. Not sure what I did wrong. Do I need a /boot partition for bios, with only 1 drive?
>>
File: shrug wat.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug wat.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>59346831
>arch
>Not sure what I did wrong
>>
How to make 4chan webms on linux
Been rewatching Xena and plan to make some webms
>>
>>59347245
ffmpeg google it and get to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
sup lads

i found this old 5.1 speaker system and i've bought an aux->chinch cable for it (the red/white in cables w/e they're called)

anyway, all the speakers work except for the central one, and it's the connector not the speaker

is this an aux thing or is the connector fucked up
>>
Any good sites for to upload and share a file?
I don't care about botnet.
>>
>>59342626
3mark search results are broken or something to me because I get some stupid fucking OOPS in search results

I just installed newer GPU drivers

is a GPU score of ~19000 ok for GTX 1070 in regular firestrike?
>>
In motherboards with several RAM slots, is there a max capacity limit per slot?
Say, if a mobo has
> 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
does that mean I'm welcome to shove a single 8 GB module in it if I like, or 2 x 4 GB or whatever, or would it accept nothing bigger than 2 GB in each slot?

>>59343345
>>59343073
You might get some useful response asking around at /bst/
>>
Do I get the 7700k now, or do I wait for Coffee Lake?
>>
haswell -> kaby lake IPC difference?
>>
>>59342626
Ok my friends how do i update ssl certificate on my nokia n95?
i want to be able to do some web browsing on it at college but most pages dont work
>>
>>59347786
you be a good boy and get ryzen
>>
>>59347910
Ryzen is probably not the right processor for my purposes.
>>
>>59347922
yes it is, now buy one
>>
>>59347946
Pls d-don't make me do t-this...
>>
>>59347786
7700k now and then 2-3 years later you get either an amd 2600 or an intel i6.
>>
Any good anti-virus software who is easy to 'pirate'?
I dont want some freeware shit with more ads and recource consumption than anything else.
Have been using eset ss9 for some while but i cant find keys anymore.
Any Ideas?
>>
>>59347954
8 physical cores and 16 threads

and like 85% IPC of 7700K

buy one
>>
>>59347963
well that's an oxymoron

also no need for AV, if on Windows, just use the built in one with a 95% detection rate
>>
File: Ipfs-logo-1024-ice-text.png (70KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ipfs-logo-1024-ice-text.png
70KB, 1024x1024px
How is pic related any better than BItTorrent? Really wondering what the whole thing is about. From experience, so far:

>slow as fuck even on LAN
>barely any users
>is basically bittorrent with trackers removed
>fucking copies files to its own folder for some stupid reason
>>
>>59347972
ok thanks. Does this advice also apply on win7?
>>
>>59347972
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

97% this month

the built in one is pretty good considering it's not resource heavy, no need to maintain it, not in your face, just werks
>>
>>59347965
Do you think the mainboard updates are going to make Ryzen more viable in games?
>>
>>59346042
https://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01

>>59347963
Don't pirate AV software, if whatever pajeet keygen breaks on you, you stop receiving updates and you're pretty fucked.

Anyways, assuming you're on Windows 8 or above, the built-in one works fine.
>>
>>59348024
I don't think it will catch up at least

microsoft is doing some windows scheduler patch for ryzen to improve performance significantly or something like that

80-90% gaming performance of 7700K
>>
>>59347988
it's a literal meme
>>
hey lads having a bit of trouble with an external HDD
it's been working alright but I bumped the fucker causing it to disconnect while it was running. Ever since then it appears in the device manager (and under devices and printers) but doesn't appear in my computer.

any idea what's fucked?
>>
File: ggg.png (497KB, 1894x1052px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
497KB, 1894x1052px
>>59348066
more often over 90%
>>
>>59348039
So im fucked either way because im on windows 7. damn
>>
>>59348125
You can get "Microsoft Security Essentials" which is the same thing that's built-in to Windows 8+ under a different name.
>>
>>59348125
Just grab Microsoft Security Essentials. It's the same thing they package into the newer versions.
>>
>>59348125
Defender was pushed to the last update of Windows 7, too, so you may not even need Essentials if you have all of the updates installed. You can check for it by looking in the Control Panel. See if there's a Windows Defender applet.
>>
>>59348149
Disregard this -- the 7 version of Defender apparently is more limited and doesn't protect you properly.
>>
>>59348096
ah i should add when i plug it in it makes this quick sort of beeping noise for a bit before stopping
>>
>>59344673
your overclock is not stable or your def. frequency is not stable.
>>
heil?
>>
I bought a new Galaxy S7 and the battery seems to die fast

>charged the battery for 12 hours upon initially getting the phone
>didn't turn it on until after it fully charged
>turned off "fast charge"
>screen brightness turned down
>GPS, NFC, Bluetooth are all off
>only a limited number of apps on the phone and none of them I would suspect are that battery intensive

I'm currently ranging about 8 hours on a full charge.

What should I do?
>>
Can someone download this archive file and re-upload only the December magazine ?
I'm on 0.5 mbps connection, and 350 MB download for 30 MB file is worrying me.

Archive:
Custom PC UK 2016 collection
http://longfiles.com/nwn3oaa4b5kt/Custom_PC_2016.rar.html
>>
>>59348263
Gimmie a bit, that host isn't exactly fast.
>>
>>59348258
Poor/average Mobile network signal and using phone as WiFi hotspot drink battery like a pro
>>
>>59348296
What's it topping out at? 50 KB/s ?
Also, thanks.
>>
>>59348315
500KiB/s
>>
>>59348318
Watch this in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfJ7LQn8kp8
>>
>>59348263
https://transfer.sh/t8gPz/12.pdf
>>
>>59348096
>>59348179
>it's been working alright
Is it not working correctly currently or did I misunderstood?

Does it appear in Disk Management?
Maybe only the partition record is corrupted.

>it makes this quick sort of beeping noise for a bit before stopping
I had a very old external drive (Toshiba 80GB) that did this sometimes. I had to remove its external case every time to make it detect on Windows properly. But sometimes only keeping the drive level while plugging worked.
>>
>>59348464
It was working correctly until I bumped it just earlier today. It doesn't appear in disk management, only in the device manager. I guess it might be a problem with the arm, musta fucked it somehow. I'll try messing with the case and see if that helps at all.

I also heard putting it in the freezer can do the trick, but I have no idea what the connection there is
>>
>>59348451
Thanks a lot dude, I owe you.

I don't have anything real to give so...
Reminder that Syberia II is free on Origin currently.
https://www.origin.com/ind/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house
>>
>>59348526
Best way is to replace it if under warranty.
Good luck.
>>
I dont get this right.

Ryzen 5 CPUs should have more overclocking potential because less cores right?
Or more singlecore performance?

Same for the Ryzen 3 CPUs right?

Will they use less cache?
>>
My laptop only has an hdmi port but my new monitor has both hdmi and displayport. what should i get, hdmi-hdmi or displayport to hdmi?
>>
>>59349079
Use HDMI.
>>
I wanted to crack some wifi I set up the monitor mode thing but when I do
sudo wash -i mon0
it finds nothing. What does that mean? Should I give up?
>>
>>59347963
Avast's free version is not bad. Avira was more resource-hungry and more annoying with ads from what I remember.
>>
>>59347963
Just use Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.

Dont pirate/crack AV software for multiple reasons.
>>
File: Audio_Technica_AT2035_3.jpg (160KB, 591x392px) Image search: [Google]
Audio_Technica_AT2035_3.jpg
160KB, 591x392px
Is an AT 2035 a good choice for a first XLR microphone ?
Pairing it with a Scarlett Solo.
>>
>>59342648
Fippity bippity.
Hows the weather in Australia?
>>
>>59343073
Yes it's a good setup based on what I read of your other posts
>>
>>59343472
I don't see a bottle neck where on that, maybe you have crappy internet OR are running a bunch of crap in the background OR both
>>
>>59343634
Never tried the fake location thing but SWIM got $70 from it and bought the 4k Chromecast with that money
>>
Is 1.3v too much for an always-on overclock? 6600k (@ 4.5 GHz), no tmperature issues.
>>
>>59343752
I mean it never hurts and RAM is cheap, I'd also toss an SSD into there which may help a bit if it doesn't have one
>>
Can someone download this archive file and re-upload only the February magazine ?

Archive:
Maximum PC 2015 collection
http://longfiles.com/7r42r5owcvki/MaximumPC2015FullYearIssuesCollection.rar.html

>>59348451
Can you work your magic again?
>>
I was given a really old 486-dx4-100 based system. I think it has 64mb of ram, a 200mb hard drive, ISA sound blaster, ISA network card and a PCI video card of some kind. Is this really only good for a retro pc gaming station or is there anything else I can use this machine for?
>>
>>59343752
If you dont have a SSD get one first.
Then add more RAM.
>>
>>59344074
https://www.pcgamesn.com/hardware-guides/overclocking-guide-how-to-overclock
>>
If I add an hdd with windows already on it to grub, can I use it on any other machine as a windows hdd normally with no issue what so ever?
Or does it gets somehow linked to the distro and can only boot when the distro is there to start the grub and all that?
>>
>>59343778
4-6 Years.
The second it hits 1 bad sector i move it to secondary duty.
In theory they should.
PSU maybe, then the graphics card then the motherboard.
>>
>>59349441
Windows doesn't take hardware change well
>>
File: theunweeping1.jpg (395KB, 535x733px) Image search: [Google]
theunweeping1.jpg
395KB, 535x733px
English major and /lit/fag, I love the syntax of language in general and would like to delve into programming.
I'm burned out on reading literature for leisure with this degree, I always did fairly well in math and am willing to pick up math needed to go further with this.
>is learning lisp, clojure, or scala advisable for a beginner?
I don't have projects in mind, I feel like that will come along later as I learn more.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>59349374
Disregard this post.
Problem solved.
>>
there was service that lets you create a link that contains a web page. does anyone remembers it?
>>
why do I find working on my computer to be much more fun than using it
>>
>tfw missed out on twitter internship by a day

If I haven't done applications yet, how fucked am I?
>>
Good resources for learning cryptography?
>>
File: 1488984165233.jpg (58KB, 462x454px) Image search: [Google]
1488984165233.jpg
58KB, 462x454px
I've read of many users using google to sync their pictures, videos, contacts and other stuff but not finding them in their google account.
It also happened to me since I had sync on (shitted myself, luckily I was sitted on the toilet) but my contacts and photos weren't there, do they still have them but you just can't see them or do you need to run one the apposite gapp at least one time in order to start the backups? (eg. google photos for photos and videos)
>>
>>59350129
>sitted
*seated
important fix
>>
What are some free VPN services for GNU/Linux?
I've used Betternet on Windows, now I can't find any decent.
>>
>>59350179
Never use free VPNs
>>
>>59350187
I am on separate partition dedicated for botnet stuff so I don't care as much as I would on Parabola installation. I just want to use Spotify.
>>
>>59350207
Still say exposing your device to a shady ass network is a bad idea. Plus VPNs aren't treated to the normal firewalling an internet connection usually gets
>>
>>59350026
Applied Cryptography 2nd Edition.

There exists no pirated copy on this earth with more than just worthless thumbnails though.
>>
How do I change the terminal's language?
>>
what is a "session" in XFCE?
>>
Am I secure on iOS 9.3.5 or does it have any security flaws?
>>
i just bought this USB sound adapter for my mic and headphones, and the mic volume is fine but the headphones volume is way too loud now. i have to put the volume at 2 now to have the volume that i'm used to, without the sound adapter i'm at 40.

how do i lower the volume lower than two with this sound adapter? how do i get it back to normal?
>>
When overclocking my R7 1700 Ryzen CPU, do I just increase the clock speed to 3700mhz and leave everything else to auto/motherboard defaults?

I cranked it up to 3700mhz just to test and voltage seems to be 1,1V during prime95

did i dun goofed?
>>
File: patio string lights.jpg (67KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
patio string lights.jpg
67KB, 736x552px
I want to build a string light setup for a restaurant patio. How do I go about building the posts? Which lights should I use?
>>
>>59350428
The "two" is where? In your OS volume bar? Reduce volume also in your music player program too, then.
>>
>>59350497

also, at default everything it runs at 3200mhz. But the product description says 3000mhz?
>>
>>59350498
>>> /sqtddtot/ at /diy/ would be a better place for your question
>>
>>59350528
yea it was my OS volume bar. but nevermind, i'm just putting my headphones jack directly into the mobo and the microphone into the sound adapter.

doesn't really matter
>>
File: 1070.jpg (105KB, 1000x447px) Image search: [Google]
1070.jpg
105KB, 1000x447px
Quick question. I currently have a 970, upgraded about a year ago to that from a 770. I'm currently bored and feel like upgrading, and am looking at just going and picking up a 1070 today.

Is there any good reason why I should hold off? 1070 will cost me $380, and come with that Ghost Recon/For Honor bundle crap.
>>
(Beyond not fucking using it) Is there anyway to test a unidirectional TCP connection from the receiving end other than a pcap at the interface looking for syn attempts?
>>
>>59350569
Maybe consider upgrading other parts of your build?
Going from GTX 970 to 1070 is a good idea if you have money to spare.
>>
>>59346734
DJI has notorious shit support so good luck with that, but if you fuck up the firmware then generally they're bricked.
>>
>>59350777
I plan to upgrade my processor sometime in the future, but really there are no other needs at this time. The graphics card was my main worry because I was so out of the loop, when I went to the 970 from my 770, I had installed it, used it for a bit, and the GPU that had the whole controversy about not actually being 4gb, but 3.5gb with the other .5gb on the slower speed popped into my head.

Then I realized that was the 970 I was thinking about that I had recently purchased.

But I figure upgrading from the essentially 3.5 to 8 of the 1070 should allow me to do things like the high intensive graphics mods on games short of 4k(which I have no interest in myself). Not like the 970 is a slouch, but even things like GTA V, I can't quite max everything 100%, so graphical mods (in my opinion) are out at that point. Really only if I can max out a game on my hardware, do I feel like I should start being able to throw the mods onto it.
>>
>>59342788
Losing access to Play Services and apps that rely on Play Services.
If you're wondering, yes, other apps besides Google's rely on Play Services.
>>
>>59350859
Could you post a screenshot of your build?
>>
>>59343036
The one that suits you the most, the one that looks prettier to you or even maybe the one that costs less.
If you plan on using it in extremely long-term, go for a OC edition
>>
How can I build Android application without any proprietary software or blob? and is there any mode of emacs that supports syntax checking, autocompletion, debugger front-end etc to Java source code?
>>
>>59350422
If you're asking whether or not the CIA has full access to all your devices, the answer is they do.
>>
File: specs.png (19KB, 462x391px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
19KB, 462x391px
>>59350875
Here ya go, like I mentioned above, I plan to upgrade the processor eventually. Only reason I haven't is because I haven't had any issues at all with this one. Oh, and I'm going to be doubling the ram as well.

I'm sure you know more about computer hardware at this point than I do, so feel free to point out any places I can improve.
>>
How do you reduce the amount of "Modified" RAM on Winblows?

Also, how do you further de-bloat Windows 8.1?
>>
File: dsc02614.jpg (57KB, 619x411px) Image search: [Google]
dsc02614.jpg
57KB, 619x411px
I have a 2013 Kobo e-reader

Where do I go to get started modifying it like some /g/ users do? Any recommendations for it?
>>
>>59350933
Why not a 1080p monitor?
Why not add a SSD too?
>>
>>59350926
Should I update to iOS 10.2.1 to be more secure?
>>
>>59350947
>modifying
Custom firmware? Not worth it imo.
>>
>>59350969
If you really want to be safe, get free software. Replicant on your phone, Linux on your computer, etc, and of course harden it with encryption, apparmor, iptables, etc.

Basically kys.
>>
Accidentally ran over my neighbor's dog when I was backing out to go to work, what's the proper protocol for letting them know about this? Do I have to tell them in person or can I leave the mangled corpse on their doorstep with a little card saying I'm sorry or what? Truth be told it was kind of their fault for letting their dog roam in front of their house but I do still feel a bit bad about it.
>>
>>59350996
howcome? Does it degrade the experience at all? Currently it's kind of cumbersom and doesn't support all formats I'd like
>>
>>59351028
I'd just chuck it in their post box desu. It's just a dog after all.
>>
My phone has a Micro SD slot, but I can only find Micro SDHC cards on Amazon. Are they compatible?
>>
>>59351096
Same diff at this point
>>
>>59351028
Throw it in the garbage and go about your day as usual. Their problem, not yours.
>>
>>59351096
SDHC is up to 32 GB, so if your phone says something along the lines of "storage expandable up to 32 GB" then you're good to go.

What phone is it?
>>
>>59351073
It doesn't degrade it but it's not a massive improvement. You can always convert formats using Calibre.
>>
>>59351028
Give them a call. They'll likely want to bury the dog.

You basically killed their family member. Tread carefully.
>>
>>59351073
Not that guy but the one custom firmware I tried a while back seemed a lot less good than the default stuff, fonts were yucky, browsing was awkward, seemed in general pointless.
>>
How can I sync my keepass database from PC and Android?
I mean, on my computer, there is a folder "KeePass" with the database, and whenever I make changes, it will sync with Google Drive.
I don't know how to do it on Android.
>>
>>59351128
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT- I9195
>>
>>59351177
Is it not possible to have Google Drive sync automatically on Android?

I use Dropbox and I think it can be done there though I just do it manually myself since I don't access my keepass database all that very much on my phone.
>>
I swapped hard drives back and forth today, and now my front case fan is running at 100% constantly for some reason. My mainboard's been kind of iffy lately, is it possible that the header went faulty?

Could a CMOS reset help? Do I need to get an 12v-8v adapter, or is it better to get an adapter to plug it into the PSU?
>>
How good are 3200mhz DDR4 RAM exactly? As opposed to 2400mhz ones for example.
>>
>>59351181
That phone even supports the 64 GB SDXC card, so you shouldn't have any problems with a SDHC card.
Go for it
>>
>>59351177
Here's an idea. Drop keepass and start using Master Password. You won't have to worry about syncing/backup ever again.
>>
>>59351213
That advice sucks, Keepass is good.
>>
>>59351206
Outside 2 games, no difference at all.
>>
>>59351208
thanks!
>>
>>59351213
>java
>>
>>59351238
Just get a 32-64GB samsung MicroSD.
Sandisk otherwise.

Avoid PNY and other chink brands.
>>
Is it worth getting a smart toilet or should I wait a few years for them to come down in price?
>>
File: master race pm 1.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
master race pm 1.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>59351221
It requires backup/syncing. Hence it's garbage.
>>
File: master race pm 2.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
master race pm 2.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>59351256
>>
>>59351203
>would a CMOS reset help?
Only one way to find out, assburger.

To the rest of your questions:
>sqt
>s

go solve your problem
>>
>>59351295
>android (BETA)

come on
>>
>>59351273
There are benefits and downsides to both approaches. Personally I like having a database rather than generating based on URL as yours seems to since it allows more flexibility to change or customize passwords for individual sites (some have different restrictions on allowed characters, numbers of characters, etc) and you're not inconvenienced if something happens to change its domain or something.

Also seems like to compromise you with the software you showed someone just needs to get a hold of your master key, rather than needing both the key and the database file.
>>
>>59351273
>>59351295
pile of shit, they're probably just seeding a random number generator with your password. horribly insecure
>>
File: 1488116583238.jpg (109KB, 357x459px) Image search: [Google]
1488116583238.jpg
109KB, 357x459px
>>59350129
still here
>>
>>59350129
>>59351410
my photos sync as soon as I make them.
I'm too lazy to plug in the phone so I'm just downloading them from google photos.
>>
My Firefox is up to date and I want to go back to the previous version. How can I do it?
>>
>>59351452
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
>>
>>59351323
>flexibility to change or customize passwords for individual sites
Uh, there's a dropdown menu for that, retard.
>Also seems like to compromise you with the software you showed someone just needs to get a hold of your master key, rather than needing both the key and the database file.
If someone gets hold of your master key you've got bigger problems. Either you're too retarded to live (gave it to someone, had a weak ass password, etc), or your OS is compromised and someone logged your keystrokes and shit. Either way a different PW manager won't do shit for your retarded ass.

>>59351346
>To derive a site-specific secret from your master key, we employ "HMAC-SHA-256" (a SHA-Hashed Message Authentication Code of 256-bit in length) to compute an authentication token by carefully hashing the site's name and counter with the master key. The result is a 256-bit password seed, which is essentially your key to get into the website.
>>
>>59350561
may I ask why did you buy the thing, when your built-in audio works?
>>
>>59343942
wait, so you installed Windows onto USB media? as-in, installed the OS itself?

I don't think Windows will allow you to install it onto a USB device. You can do this with Linux- I have an arch thumbdrive that I do this with. But during the install process, if you try to point a Windows install to a USB it has always thrown a fit for me.

not sure if i'm getting at what you're asking but your question is weirdly phrased so you get what you get.

>>59344593
the fact that you're even considering this means that you should, so that you'll learn your lesson.

>>59345816
get youtube-dl-gui and click on the buttons until they do what you want them to.

>>59347963
don't pirate AV. Run ADW and Malwarebytes occasionally. Use Windows Defender and keep it running in the background. If you really want to use a different AV product, try bitdefender free edition. Avast! has gone to shit.

>>59349137
git gud

>>59349205
Avast is complete shit now.
>>
>>59351226
Mind if I ask a source for this?
>>
>>59351461
Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (254KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
254KB, 1600x1066px
I have bought the NW-800 microphone along with a phantom power supply, I use it on a desktop which has a pink microphone jack. Yet the volume is extremely low (barely detects my voice) and very noisy as if there's a vent in the background. What am I doing wrong?
>>
My tree is made of node objects that have a list of children. Each has a method that takes a function pointer and applies the function to itself, then calls the method on all its children. What should the method be called?
>>
Why do people on /g/ care so much about their privacy when most of them are all disgusting no-life NEETs that nobody cares about anyway?
>>
>>59351522
RAM speeds are usually irrelevant.
So far the only thing you will notice improvement with faster ram will be in Fallout 4.
>>
>>59351511
>Avast is complete shit now.
How come? I've always found it to be good
>>
>>59351600
Unwarranted self importance
>>
>>59351600
Because we actually believe in something and have principles that we follow.
>>
>>59351611
It is a complete resource hog and it constantly hounds you to purchase their paid services. For older PCs it is completely unusable. It has basically become what Norton was ten years ago. There is no point using an antivirus if the antivirus program itself consumes so much of your computers' resources that you can't use the PC to do anything else.

For any PC made in the past 4-5 years that isn't a complete shit budget PC, it is negligible, but it is still an obnoxious antivirus program.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 661x36px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 661x36px
>>59351664
Doesn't seem like it's hogging that much, and it only shows you those advertisements every few weeks/months, usually around a major holiday or something. You guys do disable all the optional plugins and only install the basic antivirus component right?
>>
File: 1.png (15KB, 411x457px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
15KB, 411x457px
>>59342626
>or it just gets unmounted (without securely removing it)
OP, you was just a silly hoe.
>>
File: 1472265691327.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472265691327.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>59351608
Completely untrue. My 3200mhz RAM is banana and let me do anything I want.

Have fun buying 2400 outdated RAM that won't run shit in 2 years.
>>
>>59351676
I don't actually use avast or any other AV- I just uninstall it on PCs that come into the shop that run like shit.
>>
What's the best audio codec for MPC? When I watch live blu-rays with loud audio the audio sounds a bit muffled.
>>
are all consumer laptops memes or is there something with reasonable specs that won't break if i look at it the wrong way and won't burn my body or house down
>>
>>59351769
LAV filters are pretty decent. What you describe sounds like a common issue with some audio formats meant for surround setups being played back in stereo, need to enable downmixing settings in audio filter if you want it to sound right.
>>
>>59351785
most consumer laptops nowadays are memes. they're all built like shit and break easy.

I dropped my chromebook once from about 5 feet... and it is fine. so, sometimes you get lucky.

from what i've seen coming into the shop, Toshiba still manages to make sturdy laptops, but they're a far-cry from the satellites of 10-15 years ago that you could spill shit on and drop repeatedly and still work.

this is why you have autists who buy shit-old thinkpads- they were built to last and you could use one as a blunt-force weapon.
>>
>>59351845
Who cares if a laptop is durable? Aren't they meant to be disposable and cheap anyway?
>>
>>59351795
I enabled "downsample to 44100hz" and it seemed to make no difference. I'll try LAVFilters. Cheers!
>>
I just installed a trial version of matlab on my computer to do something real quick. I want to remove it now, but can't find an uninstall script anywhere. When it was installing it wanted to install to bin on my main hard drive, but for some reason it was giving me errors, so I just installed it to my second hard drive where it made it's own bin folders. Can I just delete all MatLab folders on my second hard drive rather than doing a formal uninstall?
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 659x363px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 659x363px
>>59351862
Nah that's not what I meant. This is the appropriate setting in LAV. (Left the rest of the sliders and check boxes at their default positions I think.)
>>
>>59351574
>phantom power
>pink microphone jack
normally the interface should go to a usb port or something
>>
>>59351906
I recall seeing the LAVFilters in my taskbar before. I must have had it on some iteration of MPC and uninstalled it by mistake.

I don't think it sounds any better sadly, but perhaps my ears are just busted and I shouldn't be listening to music so loudly. It could be the files, but it happens on like 4-5 different blu-rays. Thanks anyways for trying to help.
>>
Is anything other than madvr needed for MPC? LAVFilters is already included in the newer version.
>>
If I wanted to set up 4chan-like website, where would I need to start?
On which subjects I would have to focus on?
Are there any open-source imageboards? I looked for Librechan but it was taken down.
>>
Is life really worth living?
>>
>>59351845
I thought Toshiba washed its hands of laptops entirely
>>
>>59351930
It's not an audio interface, simply a standalone phantom power supply, one of the cables goes from XRL to 3.5 audio jack to connect to a pc
>>
How difficult would it be to take a laptop screen and set it up as a standalone monitor? Assuming of course that I don't care about the laptop it's attached to.
>>
>>59352224
How deep does the botnet knows you?
>>
>>59342626
Cheapest veritcal/portrait moniter pls?
>>
>>59351511
>ADW
what's ADW?

>>59351785
just buy a shitold thinkpad/latitude/elitebook
>>
>>59352396
You have a controller board around?
Also >>>/diy/

It will cost you $40-45 tops in the end, just buy a cheap $50-70 monitor.
>>
>>59352394
In that case it probably isnt getting enough power to work properly.
Invest in a proper phantom power supply.
>>
>>59350958
Monitor is fine for me at this time. Things like IPS/amoled displays and all that I feel are genuinely better, but I've just never felt the huge urge to get them.

Like for example, the whole amoled samsung displays vs everything else. I have had a few of the Note flagships, and while I do feel they are more vibrant/better than say my current V20, it doesn't irk me to just live with it because while the difference is obvious visually, it's not such a huge difference like I see some people make them out to be(to me at least, obviously my opinion).

As for SSD's it's basically the same as above for me. While I do feel they are better than sata obviously, nothing I do makes me feel like I would greatly benefit from it. If this were a notebook computer, then I would say yea, SSD all the way. I know loadtimes are reduced and things like that, but games would be getting installed to my larger drives anyways. As far as read/write speed, I don't do anything really that has any lag from speeds on accessing the harddrive that would benefit me from an SSD change.

So basically I get that there are better options than what I currently have, but the cost in time/money for those I don't feel is worth it in what I may be getting out of them(at this time).

Obviously it's just my own opinion since there are plenty out there who feel the opposite towards that stuff as me.
>>
>>59352509
>what's ADW?
Not him but:
Adwcleaner.
>>
>>59352475
https://geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=2663_Pivot+(Hochformat)&bpmax=&v=e&hloc=eu&sort=p&bl1_id=30
>>
>>59352542
That site is helpful, thank you.
>>
I'm running i7-6700k @ 4.4Ghz with 1.256v. Can you post example of your setup and voltage? I'm contemplating to go for 4.6Ghz but not sure if it's really worth it. How do I calculate the real wattage increase?
>>
How do I convert video files without the sound fucking up?

I tried to convert a .avi movie to .mp4 but the sound is off by like 8 seconds.
>>
>>59352617
ffmpeg.

also learn the difference between video/audio codecs and containers.
avi and mp4 are containers for video/audio codecs.
you can "convert" an avi file to mp4 without having to reencode anything.

ffmpeg -i my.avi -c copy my.mp4
>>
Superior text editor?

I've used vim for a while but I still feel like retard when using it. It has some really neat features that can only be valued when you need them. I know Emacs gives similar possibilities but I don't want to learn yet another editor this fast. Basically I'm using nano now, unless I remember I'm trying to learn vim. Still haven't configured it and I probably won't have time for that for a long time.

I'm looking for a graphical editor though. I spend most of my time either in the browser or in the console but sometimes a graphical editor would be nice to have. I'm using Notepad++ when I'm on my VM. I have Leafpad installed but it looks dull. I'm not gonna install half of Gnomeâ„¢ for gedit, Sublime is non-free and Atom is utter garbage.

I'm also looking for a C#/JS IDE with good integration with Unity Game Engine.

I'm on x64 GNU/Linux.
>>
Is youtube-dl only for downloading videos or can you stream?
>>
>>59352527
He didn't say IPS, he said 1080p. So you're not looking at the world through a hole the size of a postage stamp. I'm not talking about whether you care about sharpness, resolutions that low fuck with how much shit you can see on your screen at once.

Have you ever used an SSD? Nobody who has would ever go back.
>>
>>59352752
output to stdout and pipe it to any player.
>>
>>59352772
I have used an SSD, like I said. I have one in my notebook computer because that is constantly booting up. And the benefits are there for me in other aspects with the notebook. But on my desktop, there just isn't much there for me.

Like I said, I just have a different opinion, don't take it as a negative one just because it differs from yours.
>>
What's a /g/ approved printer?
>>
>>59352826
Brother printers.
>>
>>59352772
As for the resolution, I can comfortably use this monitor at 1920x1080. I just prefer 1360x768 for reading sites. So if that's your main complaint, then I don't really know what to tell you other than people have different tastes.

I also have a 250gb SSD sitting here in a drawer somewhere. I just have no need for it really.
>>
Has anyone got a system to sync one-time passwords between linux PC and Android phone? Is there a way to do that?

I want to have a two-factor authentication system for my linux machines. Alternatively, using an android phone to connect and use as an entry key. Anyone got something like that?
>>
>>59352906
You could just use IPAD then if all you do is "browse" internet.
>>
>>59352224
Consider the following.

If death renders all life meaningless, then suicide the the most pointless act.
>>
>>59352906
>I can comfortably use this monitor at 1920x1080. I just prefer 1360x768 for reading sites.
Increase DPI then?

Just get a new GPU
a SSD would be nice but you say you dont feel benefit of getting one.
Same for a 1080p monitor instead the TV you are using.
>>
>>59352810
It's not a negative. It's wrong. But user experience is inherently subjective, so knock yourself out.

At that resolution you won't need to upgrade your card for another couple of years, and you probably won't max out that processor on games alone. So all the useful upgrades either don't apply to you or don't fit your "tastes". So it looks like you've got nothing to blow your wad on.
>>
What can I use to run and test PHP locally without local admin privileges?

At work and want to mess around with some basic PHP stuff. I can't see IIS on here but I'm not sure if it's not included.
>>
>>59352532
>Adwcleaner
thanks, but which one?
>>
>>59353145
What do you mean with which one?
There is only one.
https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
>>
>>59353032
I've downloaded a portable version of xampp but I have no clue what to do now.
How do I run a HTML/PHP file with xampp?
>>
>>59342648
I don't know
>>
>>59353403
run apache, copy your php files into its htdocs directory, browse to localhost.

if you just want to try out php files running phps integrated server is much easier and doesn't need all the xampp bloat.
>>
>>59351489
my audio works just fine, but i read that a usb sound adapter will get rid of any buzzing sound from the motherboard in the microphone
>>
>>59343472
You're getting internet lag and you're asking whether it's because of bottlenecking?
>>
File: watch dogs 2.png (16KB, 532x926px) Image search: [Google]
watch dogs 2.png
16KB, 532x926px
So now that i5s are pretty much obsolete for gaming, should I go for a 4790k (since my mobo is lga1150) or wait for Ryzen 5?
>>
>>59353516
What CPU do you have now?
>>
>>59353535
i5 4690k
>>
What's the appeal of a mini-ITX build?
>>
File: press any button to continue.jpg (6KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
press any button to continue.jpg
6KB, 250x195px
>>59353544
>wait for Ryzen 5
>waiting for a downgrade
>>
>>59353566
It's small.
>>
How many cats is too many?
>>
>>59353567
Yeah, I'm leaning to get the 4790k since it would be cheaper as i don't need to change mobo and memories, but I don't know
>>
File: unlimited bait works.jpg (32KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited bait works.jpg
32KB, 622x626px
>>59353608
>hey guys should I spend 200$ extra on ram and a mobo for an inferior CPU? I'm not trolling btw
>>
>>59353640
It wasn't even released yet, stop
>>
What does HTTPS everywhere do?
How does it work?
>>
Is AutoHotkey botnet?
>>
>>59353702
it checks if there's a https site for the website you visit in its local database and then redirects you there instead.
the check happens locally and before your browser sends any request to a remote server, so you never come in contact with a non https server.
>>
File: r8.png (41KB, 716x440px) Image search: [Google]
r8.png
41KB, 716x440px
Should I?
>>
>>59353779
What if there's no HTTPS version of the website in its local database?
>>
>>59353817
it's not redirecting you then.
>>
>>59353814
Invest a little more on your motherboard.
Never buy 120GB SSDs, get a 240GB one.
>>
>>59353814
>>/pcb/
But also do you NEED 16GB of Memory? What do you do that would require that?
You could save yourself like $60 by going with 8GB and not an ebin gaymen version of it.
>>
>>59353814
what are you going to do with it?
it's overprized for browsing the web.
underpowered for games.
>>
>>59353844
I don't see why I should get a better mobo though, enlighten me?
OK for the SSD.

>>59353864
>/pcbg/
I'm really sorry, I had actually typed my message over there first but since I had both threads opened I ended up posting here first by mistake.

>But also do you NEED 16GB of Memory? What do you do that would require that?
No idea. Let's say I end up buying BF1, would I need more than 8GB? I could go for 2x4GB first you're right, and upgrade later on if I need more.

>>59353869
>underpowered for games.
How so? I don't see how it's underpowered for games at all. If you mean this because there's no GPU it's because I plan on buying a good nvidia card in 1-2 months from now.
>>
I have an old CRT monitor, I haven't used it in ages. The problem it presents is that the bottom half of the image is not being stretched.

Is this likely to be an issue of a loose connector?
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.