[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pcbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2289.jpg (16KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2289.jpg
16KB, 299x168px
PC Building General - Im bad at making these edition
>>
Just wanted feedback on my overkill build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g8VvYr
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xx8tsJ
R8/H8
Under $410
>>
don't worry guys, making proper thread. brb
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f4v9BP

r8 and h8

Had to get the cheapest 16GB RAM sticks I could find and the collor is different so it's triggering my autism.
>>
>>59296659
That's overkill?
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BJ6W6X

Just need fittings for the WC and a radiator (single 120)
>>
>>59296659
Get a Samsung SSD and a WD Black HDD. Seagate is fucking atrocious. Get MSI Gaming or Gigabyte G1 versions of the 1080 too, they are much better.
>>59296730
I would recommend a RAM stick with a heatspread, but that's all up to you. Just get an HDD without an SSD if you are going for a budget build. Getting a tiny SSD is fucking useless and ultimately cripples you. Also, go AMD on your GPU if you are going budget. Nvidia is for mid to high budget builds. You could get a better case as well, $50 could get you a good one. And try to get at least Bronze on your CPU. Never cheap out on your power supply.
>>
>>59296853
and power supply
>>
>>59296647
migrate bois

>>59296841

>>59296841

>>59296841
>>
>>59296777
Is this your first pc?
>>
Do adapters for VGA-DVI-D not work? I'm looking for an adapter so I don't lose my second monitor when I upgrade my card but the reviews say that you can't do it.
>>
>>59296895
Yeah, my first build so I'm trying to put a lot of research into it.
>>
File: case.png (90KB, 1527x784px)
case.png
90KB, 1527x784px
>need to replace broken graphics card
>want a new mini case too but my motherboard's too big for a mini (currently in mid tower)
>can't afford new case, gpu AND new motherboard and cpu
I just want something smaller and less clunky with an access window, why must it be like this
>>
File: stop.png (81KB, 297x326px)
stop.png
81KB, 297x326px
>>59297104
>(Windowed)
>>
>>59297117
What's wrong with that? Mostly so I can see if it's dusty in there
>>
>>59296858
>Seagate is fucking atrocious
that's stupid and any advice you give should be ignored
>>
>>59297258
Tell me how Seagate isn't shit please, especially with those failure rates.
>>
>>59297280
and the people delivering the data also point out that the price of the drives makes up for the commercial failure rates

the only failed drives i've ever encountered were WDs
>>
>>59297331
>my experience overrides fact
I would rather pay $10 more for $20 less failure rates.
>>
File: IMG_5736.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_5736.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>59296647
I bought that case back in December along with some fans.

I was wondering if the top fans should be intakes or not since I might wind up placing it underneath my desk.
>>
>>59297345
except that when the drive fails a person with a brain would send it in for repair under the warranty. if the drive isn't failing within the warranty period, it's extremely unlikely to fail

a home user is not going to lose a good drive in his lifetime

once again, your advice is stupid and so are you
>>
>>59297372
unless you're blocking off the panel, it doesn't matter where it's located. point them in the direction that works best for your system
>>
>>59296822
For what it will be used for 99% of the time, yes. Ill be glad i wasted so much money when i play wildlands for 30 minutes a week tho
>>
>>59296858
Where do you get these opinions?
>>
>>59296874
Why the fuck do we need two /pcbg/. Fucks like you should be banned for shitting up this board
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.