[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refurbished SSD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 41BIunGnBTL.jpg (21KB, 390x500px) Image search: [Google]
41BIunGnBTL.jpg
21KB, 390x500px
Hi guys,
is it a bad idea to get a manufacturer refurbished ssd?
Crucial MX300 (pic related)
Thanks
>>
Does it come with a warranty?
>>
>>59161997
12 months
>>
>>59161980
The MX300 uses 3D NAND, so I wouldn't have any worries about durability, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>59162013
Thanks

So if there's no problem during the first weeks it's likely going to last like a new one, right?
>>
>>59162346
I've had two MX300 525gb drives for almost 2 months now. They're working great, no signs of failure or anything. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>59161980
I've been using an Intel 530 series SSD for the past two years after it's been used as scratch disk in RAID0 at work. It works just fine. That being said, I got it for free.
>>
Thanks everyone, I bought it
>>
File: 1481763072137.jpg (56KB, 907x661px) Image search: [Google]
1481763072137.jpg
56KB, 907x661px
>>59162510
Kek u got trolled kid, a used SSD? Oh my
>>
File: 12342346176.jpg (37KB, 481x499px) Image search: [Google]
12342346176.jpg
37KB, 481x499px
>>59162510
>>
>>59161980
storage drives are the one thing I never buy used refurb. some data is priceless
>>
>>59162510
fucking idiot
>>
>>59162590
>>59162611
>>59162675
>>>/b/
>>
>>59161980
>Crucial MX300

Hard to go wrong with that model. It's a good bet, although no bet is ever perfect. If it was me & the price was right, I'd go with it. Modern SSDs are pretty fucking reliable, nothing like the risk of an HDD.

One trick you can try, which may or may not work. When you get it, register it with Crucial. It's a new enough product that sometimes it will register according to the serial number & give you whatever is left on it's original warranty. You might get an extra year out of it. I've done that with monitors in the past and seen other people do it with other tech products (a TV once, a video card another time, etc.).

When you receive it, test it burn it the Hell in, hard. Assuming you use windows, go into the control prompt and use diskpart, list disk, select disk and then use the clean command. If you're not familiar with that, google it up for clarity.

Then do a low level format on it. Then use something like Partition Wizard and do a full surface scan. Don't worry about "wearing it out." Modern SSD like this has about 2 million hours of use time on it; you won't impact it's overall lifetime. If it passes all that plus any other burn-in utils you may run, you should have confidence it will last its normal lifetime.

Make sure to check SMART before and after, plus any utility that Crucial provides to evaluate its health. If it passes at this point, it's a keeper. If it doesn't, get it exchanged immediately.

If you really have a problem & can provide respectable proof to that effect, contact Crucial directly and don't get spastic on them. Make sure they understand that you are annoyed yet understanding of the refurbished issue. Please replace it, etc. Sometimes they will just send you a new SSD at this point out of courtesy & customer service for the annoyance, and settle the issue so they don't have to deal with it again.

Crucial is a good outfit & will usually recognize that you did them a favor.
>>
Crucial SSD-s are pretty dope,
They are pretty cheap and reliable
t. BX100 and MX100 owner
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.