[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ffmpeg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (8KB, 465x345px)
file.png
8KB, 465x345px
How do I convert all (video) files in a folder, to gifs of the same filename (with ffmpeg, in window, with a .bat file)?
>>
>open web browser
>open search engine of choice
>search for "learn windows cmd scripting"
>find it out yourself

This is not your tech support forum.

>proprietary software
Kill yourself.
>>
>>59067337
>>proprietary software
ffmpeg is free as in freedom, and linux sucks so that leaves windows.
>>
>>59067337
>proprietary software
>Kill yourself.
FFMPEG is free as in freedom though.
>>
>>59067368
>what are freebsd, openbsd, haiku, freedos, reactos, and others
>>
>>59067572
they are garbage with little to no software support, especially in my industry.
>>
>>59067572
Trash.
>>
>convert webm to gif
>gif is in slowmo because webm is 60fps
fuck this
>>
Haven't akshully tried this but thought it was worth copy-pasting into a howto.txt
Convert vid to gif palette method.
ffmpeg -y -ss 0 -t 10 -i input.mp4 -vf fps=24,scale=500:-1:flags=lanczos,palette
gen palette.png

ffmpeg -ss 0 -t 10 -i input.mp4 -i palette.png -filter_complex "fps=24,scale=500
:-1:flags=lanczos[x];[x][1:v]paletteuse" output.gif

in a for loop if you want to do a whole folder.
>>
>>59067818
this is what I have now
for %%A IN (*.webm) DO ffmpeg -i "%%A" "%%A.gif"
pause

the quality is terrible though, but your script is two different conversions? what's the png for? can you maybe put it together like my example for a .bat file?
>>
File: powershell[1].png (358KB, 1972x1475px) Image search: [Google]
powershell[1].png
358KB, 1972x1475px
Batch is shit.
Learn Powershell, it's the future.
>>
>>59067368
This is why you can download ubuntu on w10 and literally can do the same in bash, with a loop. Fuck logic.

>>59067522
>.bat files
>linux
>>
>>59067892
where do I learn it best? I'm willing. please point me to a direction.
>>
>>59067937
>please point me to a direction
>>>/out/
>>
>>59067899
>This is why you can download ubuntu on w10 and literally can do the same in bash, with a loop. Fuck logic.
bash for windows is exclusive to the "window store app" botnet which I don't have because LTSB master race.
>>
>>59067955
LTSB have ubuntu. Stop memeing.
>>
>>59067337
FFmpeg is opensource you stupid cuck.

>>59067220
Not sure about .bat but with python, you could do something along the lines of <not tested>

import os

for video_file in os.listdir('c:\\temp'):
cmd = "ffmpeg.exe -i + video_file + ".mp4 " + video_file + ".gif"
os.exec(cmd)
>>
>>59067962
nope, I tried it yesterday. you enable the "feature" then you agree to the terms, then it tries to download it from windows store, which is not there, so it can't.
>>
>>59067988
Then you are cucked. Masterrace. :^)
>>
ITT: "you want to know how to write a batch script for 1 simple task? fuck that, install linux and learn powershell instead"

To be fair OP should have asked google instead, but that doesn't excuse the autism here
>>
>>59067937
If you're OP and want a quick command, it's already been posted as batch so use that and don't bother much.

If you're interested in Powershell then here's a video series.
http://www.gegeek.com/documents/892F0A3FEB579BF91A73996254860CEC26AF4D4C.html
The first list is the same as this playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6D474E721138865A
Go through it and you'll have necessary understanding and more. If you think some of the topics don't apply to you, feel free to skip them.

After that use the internet, a lot of questions are already solved, there's plenty of examples.
>>
File: shigity_digity.jpg (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
shigity_digity.jpg
17KB, 255x255px
>>59068021
>install linux
>learn powershell
>>
File: 1456109644275.jpg (103KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456109644275.jpg
103KB, 960x960px
for %%f IN (*.mkv) do (
ffmpeg -i "%%~nf.mkv" -an -c:v libvpx b:v 0 -qmin 16 -crf 20 "%%~nf.webm"
)

Why in gods name would you ever use an ancient deprecated image format from WW1? WebM is lightyears ahead and even supports transparency.
>>
>>59068358
because telegram only allows you to save animations to your collection if they're gif (and then it converts them into mp4). stupid I know.
>>
>>59068367
>because telegram only allows you to save animations to your collection if they're gif (and then it converts them into mp4). stupid I know.
dafuq...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.