[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 49

File: jerry1.jpg (38KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
jerry1.jpg
38KB, 600x336px
Old Thread: >>58933869

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
>Questions that dont deserve their own threads.
FTFY
>>
what does the little light at the bottom of my kindle paperwhite mean? It was orange so I assumed that meant the battery was low and it became green when I charged it. Now the battery actually looks low and the light is still green
>>
>>58941234
RTFM
>>
Though computer was freezing, turns out it has something to do with my devices and nothing about the disk was freezing itself.

>Mouse stops working.
>Keyboard stops working.
>Logitech G13 keeps flashing like I'm plugging it in and out real fast over and over.
>Internet USB stays on somehow.
>Sound interface stays on as well.

I just went to Power Options in the advanced section and disabled "USB selective suspend setting," but I'm not sure if that's what it is since I just turned the computer back on and Googled what I could possibly do. Posting this before they probably shut off again.
>>
>>58941275
update your drivers
>>
Hello, my laptop (hp pavilion dv6) has several issues with it. Number one is the kepboard. I didnt spill anything on it but it doesnt work properly, only L types L and everything else is mapped to other keys or doesnt work. What could be the cause?

Additionally the Fan operates way too loudly. Its working like a piece of shit please help.
>>
If I leave my X220 plugged in while it's powered off, would there be any risk of damage to the battery?
>>
>>58941234
>light at the bottom of my kindle paperwhite mean?
>>
is mITX retarded? I feel like ATX is shitty and big with lots of wasted space
>>
>>58941418
what sort of a question is this?
>>
>>58941418
Are you retarded? You answered your own question.
>>
>>58941418
it depends entirely on what you need. if your needs can be attained in an mITX form factor, don't let faggots on the internet shame you over it. just keep in mind possible upgrade plans
>>
Is there any 8-inch Windows 10 tablet with decent specs that you could recommend, and not Chuwi?
>>
File: chrome.jpg (57KB, 770x473px) Image search: [Google]
chrome.jpg
57KB, 770x473px
chrome won't let me deactivate flash anymore
tried fixing it with a reboot but that didn't work
>>
What was the name of the browser that blocks but clicks ads?
>>
File: Chrome_plugins.png (40KB, 468x505px) Image search: [Google]
Chrome_plugins.png
40KB, 468x505px
>>58941472
pic related is how it's supposed to look like with the blue text under each plugin
>>
>>58941323
Disabling selective suspend kept it on long enough for me to update everything and shut it down, which is longer than they were staying on before. Here's to hoping both suggestions fixed it. Thanks.
>>
>>58941480
you mean browser ADDON, AdNauseam, but that shit didnt seem to work for me.
>>
>>58941472
>>58941481
just checked and I had a standalone version of flash installed
I'll reboot and see if uninstalling that fixes it
>>
>>58941544
Yeah, that one, for some reason I thought they just forked Firefox for that.
>>
I just got ssh access to a VAX-11/785 system running OpenVMS 7.3, how do I log in? The normal
ssh user@address
isn't working. They provided a UIC as well, do I need to use this to login somehow?
Also what should I do with it?
>>
>>58941608
it didn't
>>
>>58941710
safemode then reinstall
>>
I require a mixer, but for an unusual purpose: I have two computers that I use for different things, and I want to listen to audio input from both on one set of cans. It would need to be small, be stereo, and harm audio quality as little as possible.
Are there any particular brands or models /g/ could recommend for this?
>>
>>58941745

http://tips.fbi.gov/
>>
File: 1479553070513.jpg (49KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479553070513.jpg
49KB, 599x337px
Does anyone have the /g/s programmer challenge roll picture?
You know the one with a list of fun projects etc etc
>>
>>58941745
>>58941758
if your phone is not locked, yeah
>>
I want to have a dedicated exit node, what would be the best thing to use at a budget?
>>
>>58941809
Almost any general purpose computer. raspiss zero would work. So would a chroot on an old Android phone.
>>
File: cell farting.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cell farting.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Is it worth buying a used Seagate 1TB HDD from some random dude for 30 bucks instead of about 50 new? Dude seems kinda dodgy, not prone to lemme check sectors and stuff.
>>
>>58941896
If saving $20 is worth the additional risk to your data then go for it
>>
>>58941809
>exit node
Prepare your anus for legal hell
>>
File: 09314375.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
09314375.png
312KB, 389x386px
>Why are epub files html/css so messy and broken.

Can't they just decide on a single format, it needs rules.
I can fix most of the ones I've come across but what the fuck.
>>
>>58941944
Eyes should not be a third of your head size
>>
How can I tell if a FLAC file is from a web source or CD source if I don't have a .log?
>>
>>58941724
thanks but that didn't fix it either
>>
>>58941954
Thank you, autist.
>>
File: 7fd.gif (654KB, 494x320px) Image search: [Google]
7fd.gif
654KB, 494x320px
>>58941954
Since when do cartoons have to be anatomically correct?
>>
>>58941199
Got new setup cause old one was fried from surge, when I turn my new pc on (Asrock b250 k4 mobo, GTX1070 G1 gigabyte, i5 7600 kay) it just says Cmos time/date not set press f1 to go into bios or f2 to continue but when I try press anything my keyboard isn't recognised and can't launch at all
>>
File: am20I20kawaii20uguu.jpg~c200.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
am20I20kawaii20uguu.jpg~c200.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>58941954
You're right, they should be much bigger.
>>
>>58942030
USB keyboard? Try different USB ports or a PS/2 keyboard if you have one.

Did you just build it? Did you make sure to plug in the front usb to the mobo?
>>
>>58942091
>>58942030
Also make sure your keyboard doesn't have F-key lock
>>
Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, or Windows 10 Education N?
>>
What are the essential addons for Firefox on Android?
>>
Are all article images on this site broken for everyone or just me?
http://www.aftenposten.no/

Can't see them on either Firefox or Chromium.
>>
how come ctrl+shift+esc doesn't work since I bought a new (much better) keyboard? (win7)
>>
File: Kubuntu_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png (20KB, 1280x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kubuntu_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png
20KB, 1280x250px
Is it possible to install Kubuntu via command line or through a text-based installer? The nouveau drivers that the default installer uses cause freezes within only a couple of minutes on my system when used with KDE's window manager, so it's impossible to complete the installation.
>>
>>58942108
LTSB
>>
>>58942112
None
>>
>>58942189
Just install ubuntu server then throw KDE on there
>>
>>58941745
>And before someone asks this is for importing illegal stuff
Step One:
DON'T POST YOUR INTENTIONS ON A NORTH KOREAN FINGER PUPPET FORUM.
>>
>>58941472
anyone?
>>
>>58942208
It won't have the same out-of-the-box polish that Kubuntu would in that case.
>>
>>58942249
BS
>>
>>58942201
So Firefox Android without uBlock Origin is better than with?
>>
>>58942303
Firefox has its own adblocker, but whatever floats yer boat
>>
I failed to produce a simple script that connects a PC to a TCP/IP printer on Windows 7. I know you can just easymode it with the Add-Printer command on W10, but how about 7?
>>
>>58941938
I'm not trying to do illegal shit, my own personal one
>>
I fiddled around with the font settings in Firefox and now I have the problem that bold fonts have errors when showing arabic numbers (see pic related).
I have tried resetting the settings but it doesn't seem to work and now I feel retarded because I fucked it up (apparently).

The fonts I use are Source Sans Pro, Source Serif Pro and Source Code Pro, but they have no problem producing numbers in Word
>>
So, I got my hands on 10 atom computers that would've went to trash. Is there anything I can do with them? I was thinking of using them as a single server/ seedbox/htpc kind of thing.
Is cluster computing what I'm looking for? As I understand, a cluster is only useful for multi-threaded tasks, which wouldn't be of any use in my case, correct?
>>
Without netstat and only dstat, how do I check which ports the localhost is listening to?
>>
give me a good torrent client that isn't deluge or qbittorrent

utorrent 2.2.1 works fine but I cant search my torrent list using it (wtf)
>>
>>58942333
>has its own adblocker
Let me guess. It allow "non-intrusive" ads and can't be configured?
>>
I need a new HDD for backup (1tb). Nowthe question is:

Whats more reliable, an external 3.0 usb 2.5" or an internal 3.5"?

The price difference is 2 bucks so that doesnt worry me. I recently became a hoarder and I need to start getting real about it.
>>
>>58942650
qbittorrent
>>
>>58942791
>S t a l l i n g
no thanks
>>
>>58942799
wot?
>>
>>58942803
sorry but I don't want to use your meme stalling torrent client
>>
>>58942813
works on my machine
>>
>>58942819
elin
>>
>>58942650
qbittorrent is objectively the best one tbqh senpai.
>>
>>58942650

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Recommended_software
>>
>>58942832
it's the glitchiest one I've ever dealth with and takes an eternity to start
>best
lol even 2.2.1 is better despite its flaws
>>58942844
>halite
>transmission qt
thanks fmapailam
>>
>>58942650
If you don't want pic related then go ahead.

Get rutorrent or something which hasn't been updated in years and is riddled with security holes.
>>
best gay bar in Madrid?
>>
>>58942855
http://madrid.gaycities.com/bars/
yw
>>
>>58941778
Blamp
>>
I have to share a PC at work, tough I primarily use it.
There are different accounts, I am an administrator, but When I edit something on my desktop the other accounts' desktop changes too.

Should I change the location of the desktop to another location or is there an easier way?
>>
Best way to transfer files from one PC to another over wifi?
>>
>>58942990
Pushbullet
>>
>>58942693
Internal, harder to knock over.
>>
So, Telegram requires phone number to work. Any way to opt out of it? If not, how do I bypass it?
>>
Sometimes when I am gaming or watching a video, my screen stutters BSOD-like. (Screen freezes, mouse included, and the audio stutters like a bitch). It lasts a short time (longest was 1 second) and scares me like a bitch.
Any idea what could cause this?

Doesn't occur often enough to troubleshoot.

Running a 4770k at 4GHz (lowered from 4.2, I thought this was the cause), and dual 780.
>>
My laptop reached 100% just then and turned of. I wasnt even doing anything
>>
>>58943350
If you weren't doing anything, there's no problem. Ticket closed.
>>
Does anyone have the picture of the naked Pajeet with "Microsoft certified solutions engineer" written underneath? Please post it, I somehow deleted it.

Thanks f a m
>>
>>58943362
100C i meant. I wasnt doing anything
>>
>>58943394
Why was your computer on if you weren't doing anything? That's weird.
>>
>>58943406
you know what i mean, it was just idle with nothing open
>>
>>58943379
Ask /ptg/, they must have it
>>
Searched and seen some commands online, but none seem to work.

Just installed bunsenlabs (offshoot of debian) and I'm installing several things in order to start learning linux and coding. The only thing I'm having issues with is with installing ruby on rails. I can't seem to make my main user a superuser under postgress.

I've tried ALTER USER myusername WITH SUPERUSER and ALTER USER myusername CREATEDB
>>
File: MX400_P0390_Top_L.png (207KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
MX400_P0390_Top_L.png
207KB, 800x541px
>>58941726
I'm not an expert here, but I guess pretty much anything simple from a reputable brand like picrelated would perfectly fit yor purpose. Perhaps best if it has a headphone level out too, unlike this which has line out only.
>>
>>58943741
ah this one apparently has mono out, but sure there are some that do stereo. Just browse through what some decent brands have, there sure should be something that fits you
>>
What is the best GBA emulator on Android? I was thinking My Boy! Seems to have the best reviews and work the best.

I really like the look of GBA4iOS but I don't think there is anything similar on Android.
>>
Anyone have a favorite open source speech-to-text program? I am cheap and also don't trust the reviews next to the downloads sections bc everyone says the one they chose is good
>>
Is there any reason to keep an old sim card around? After I've had my number changed to a new one and new phone, it's 100% useless right?
>>
if i install a clean copy of windows 8.1 on a computer that came with windows 8 will it automatically activate or whatever or do i need to find a windows 8 iso and install it and then upgrade to 8.1?
>>
How do you mount a file system read/write with timestamps disabled?
>>
>>58943962
you can disable access timestamps with "noatime"
not sure about write timestamps
>>
Why does my mouth keep scrolling up and I'm scrolling my wheel down? I've opened the mouse and cleaned inside, and problem was fixed for 2-3 weeks, now it's happening again?

It's a steelseries if that helps...
>>
im sanior developer from india

how do i convert accented characters for example äÄ to latin with javascript

thanks in advance my friends
>>
>>58944053
wow I can't spell. *mouse wheel*
>>
>>58944053
>>58944075

Just found suggestions.
Could due to an age through wear & tear on the wheel and the alignments on the wheel wearing down. Which sounds like best answer so far.
>>
>>58943867
Yes, it's useless. You can still boot phone with it and access contacts stored on it but you won't get any signal because cell towers refuse to accept your SIM.

>>58943870
Yes, it should work just fine.
>>
>>58944151
>>
>Was told to come here.
I'm looking for a "Gaming laptop" as much as I hate saying that. I had a kick ass PC I built but gave away and now I need a laptop. I'm looking for something that can handle light gaming for ~800$.
I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 and I need guidance.
>>
>Installed kali just to have wifi wherever I go

How the fuck do I use the wifi cracker?

>only linux experience is a week with ubuntu
t. Wannabe script kiddie
>>
>>58944173
GPU A can't access the VRAM on card B fast enough. It would simply cripple memory performance and thus destroy performance.
>>
Dear /sqt/

1) Is it safe to provide info like name/surname/brithdate/university to Autodesk in order to get student version of their Maya software?

2) Are there any opensource alternatives to Maya with similar functionality? I need software for modifying animations.

Thanks for replies!
>>
>>58943867
I find them useful as a means of contacts' backup
>>
Curiosity
>>58944444
>>
will plex work properly with my shitty pirated media?
>>
The motherboard I just bought from newegg has a few bent pins and I don't think I can fix them myself (one of them is completely flat).
I've heard they decline RMAs if they see bent pins.

Is this true? What should I do?
>>
how can i set up an open wifi network that logs user data (field entry and even if possible stuff sent over https before that happens) as well as network statistics (user bandwidth usage, overall useage, time connected, approximate distance etc)
>>
>>58944487
Yep, its episode number detection is definitely designed to deal with scene naming conventions
>>
>>58944010
thanks.

>not sure about write timestamps
Yeh, I'm looking for something that disables all timestamps.
>>
>>58944697
can i ask what exactly you're trying to do?
this could be an XY problem (http://xyproblem.info/)
>>
>>58944669
then i'll setup my "server"
>>
I need a full and complete guide to install Debian from 0,....on this screen, I have not selected anything, so now I have only the command line, so I need a detailed guide that tells me what to install first .... Thanks
>>
>>58944209
Depends on what you mean by 'light'. Ideally you'd get yourself something with a 1060 in it, although integrated can handle the really light stuff these days
>>
Intel DC P3520 Series HHHL PCIe SSD 2TB a good pick for a gaming PC?
>>
>>58944748
Just reinstall it with the graphical desktop you dumb cunt.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
I have a few questions about wall chargers. I cant seem to figure out what is actually happening here.

I have a Nexus 5. It supports quick charging.
The OEM charger it came with was only 2amp, and never quick charged.
One day my friend accidentally took my Nexus USB cable with her, and nor mater what other cable I tried to replace it with, it would never charge as fast as before. It wouldn't say "Charging Slowly" but, it would charge at about 1% every 90 seconds when it normal did about 1% every 50ish seconds or so. At 86% it would say 10 minutes left. But then without the OEM cable it would say 30 minutes when its 80% charged.

I eventually replaced that charger with a nice Anker 24W 2.4amp charger, and an Anker kevlar braided USB cable. Now it actually quick charges my phone.

In my car I had a nice quality 2.0amp charger, and a coiled USB cable. It would charge about as fast as my normal Nexus charger did, 1% every 50 seconds. Recently it started to charger really slow. After some researched it seemed to point that a damaged, or a low quality USB cable would not allow a device to charge fast. Okay, made sense.

I then bought an Anker 24W 2.4amp car charger with a usb cable. While I have not had it go to quick charge mode in my car yet, last night I was driving had the GPS open, and Pandora streaming to my car's deck, and it said it was "Charging Slowly"
Now I thought that maybe the drain was too much, so at home I let my phone drain below 50%, turned on Pandora (although no BT streaming) and opened Google Maps and let it guide me somewhere inside the house. Plugged it into my Anker wall charger and of course, with all that running, and the screen on, it said Charging Quickly.

What gives? Why are two of the same brand, and same rating chargers using the same USB cable are giving me different charge times?

Can someone better explain these charging issues?
>>
File: resourcemonitor.png (63KB, 792x570px) Image search: [Google]
resourcemonitor.png
63KB, 792x570px
Is this normal? I don't know much about hard drives but mine is always super fucking loud and decided to look at the resource monitor.

Why is system writing so fucking much? Is that not actually a lot? Because it seems like a lot.

Explorer's read seems ridiculous as well.
>>
How much would I be sacrificing performance-wise going with a GTX 770 mini?
>>
>>58945069
>2.4amp charger
>quick charges

No, that's not what Quickcharge is.

Your car charger probably doesn't have the circuitry to convince the phone it should be charging at a higher rate. Car chargers tend to be ass compared to their AC counterparts
>>
>>58945211
Compared to what, integrated?
>>
What do you guys think of Udemy?
>>
>>58945230
Keyword being "mini". So compared to a full/normal sized one.
>>
>>58945230
I think he means compared to non-mini
>>
>>58945211
>770
I fucked up. 1070. I mean 1070.
>>
>>58945284
Just compare the specs of the cards you're looking at. Otherwise it's just a matter of the reduced cooling limiting your overclocking potential. But you'll definitely be better off than with a 770.
>>
I got an external HDD, should I be careful using it as to not bump it around too much?
>>
>>58944209
>refurbished thinkpad
>external GPU
>>
>>58945536
Not really, the actual hard drive is firmly protected inside.

So long as you don't try to break it on purpose it's unlikely to stop working because of a few bumps.
>>
>>58945701

>eGPU meme
>>
>>58944228
Look it up / read the man page. Don't expect us to hold your fucking hand.

And since you don't look like you have a fucking clue, keep in mind that most tools in there leave huge footprints behind if you don't know what you're doing. Now GTFO.
>>
File: 1452059428857.gif (14KB, 200x257px) Image search: [Google]
1452059428857.gif
14KB, 200x257px
who owns earth.
>>
So yeah, half the work suggested I buy the 1060.

I just discovered that the RX480 costed 50 bucks less and performs a lot better.

How fucked am I?
>>
File: desk.png (962KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
desk.png
962KB, 1366x768px
Been using a 2012 Dell XPS for years now. Things have started to go downhill massively since Windows 10 though. Started having screen issues when on battery, incredibly loud fan.

I went to ubuntu for a while and it worked well, still works well- but it started lagging horribly on this system.

I made a small partition for doing my homework and projects on an elementary os partition. (I decided on EOS as it has just about everything you need at a fresh install). It works well again but I'm really ready for an upgrade.

I'm debating on the new XPS but I don't know much about laptops.

Will there be much difference in 4k to FHD on 13 inches?

Is it worth it to have 16 gb ram in an ultrabook?
>>
>>58945915
starts with J ends with ews
>>
What infos does my device send out about itself when connected to a local network (e.g. public wifi)?
Is mac spoofing enough or i should do something else?
>>
When watching porn on certain sites in private browser whenever i interact with the site, click a video or do pretty much anything a new tab will open with a JavaScript address and will then become some spam/ad page until I close it. I'm already running disconnect and ublock origin and have no idea how to stop this happening. It happens on certain sites not all of them. Virus scan from nod32 and malware bytes are clean
>>
>>58944748

read the documentation
>>
How can i remove the arrow above Q? Recently appeared when updating apps. Checked the settings for Google Keyboard and can't find a way to disable it. Infact I never even knew I had Google keyboard until today? Is this the stock keyboard or can I disable it?
>>
>>58945219
>Car chargers tend to be ass compared to their AC counterparts
Sure, but both the Anker wall charger, and car charger I bought have identical specs. Why would one charger so much slower than the other?
>>
>>58945922
Very fucked. Jokes on you not joining the AMD master race.
>>
>>58941199
Why can't I install pacman or yum on Debian? Or apt on red hat? Or...
>>
File: archlinux-wp-cf2-1280x1024.png (318KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
archlinux-wp-cf2-1280x1024.png
318KB, 1280x1024px
how do I run command in specific directory without going in to that directory?

I want to execute makepkg -si

shit like
./packagename/makepkg -si 

wont work
>>
>>58946040
It's just a pop-up, no big deal. Add noScript if you'd like.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 200x260px
How do I make my computer (Win10 and/or Ubuntu) beep every hour (or every x minutes)?
(no visual alerts, just sounds)
>>
>>58946017
Just don't log in to any important accounts. Nobody cares what you're doing to intercept your info unless they can make money from it.
>>
>>58945536
I toss mine everywhere, and I got it secondhand like six years ago. You probably don't have to worry very much.
>>
>>58945238
I just started their c++/unreal course. Seems alright so far.

>>58945169
Google high hdd usage, there's a few things it could be and I'm not writing it all out.
>>
BASIC VIM

In VIM i can CLEAR all in parens w/

C+ I + I

How, instead of clearing, can I HIGHLIGHT??
>>
>>58946227
Highlight mean visual mod selection?
>>
why the fuck does my php program suddenly jump up one folder?
>>
>>58946260
Sure, what's the short cut to that?
>>
>>58942189
I had drivers problems with kubuntu. then I switched to Neon.
>>
Can someone explain if this software is worth the price?

I run Linux, so I don't need most of it, but maybe some of it is worth the price tag?

https://www.humblebundle.com/pc-lovers-software-bundle

Answer here, please.
>>>/v/367422456

Thanks, /g/.
>>
File: 1482243394553.gif (360KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482243394553.gif
360KB, 540x300px
How/with which client can I move certain torrents from torrent client to another folder?

I have my AB uploads mixed with a fuckton of torrents and I don't even know which ones are so I want to move them somewhere else to delete the other shit
>>
File: Screenshot_20170214-184149.png (88KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170214-184149.png
88KB, 720x1280px
>>58946095
Forgot picture
>>
File: tumblr_liwigdsMUR1qcfviwo1_500.png (266KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_liwigdsMUR1qcfviwo1_500.png
266KB, 500x368px
>>58942693

Pls respond
>>
>>58946421
internal duh
>>
I have an HP Stream that I want to put Arch Linux on

If I do this and then at some point later want Windows 10 back on it will I be able to (easily, legally) reinstall Windows 10 on it? Like will it just ask me to sign in with my Microsoft account then no problem if I try to reinstall at some point?
>>
Currently have 2x 2GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz,

Can I buy a 4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz and install it in my PC or will I have problems?
>>
>>58946446
oops, meant to say "reinstall for free" if that wasn't clear
>>
File: logitech-z533_c3d2d8530d2bf7e0.png (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
logitech-z533_c3d2d8530d2bf7e0.png
2MB, 1920x1440px
How are the logitech Z533's ?

I have a really old set of T7700's that I am using that I would like something else to replace it.

Or is it worth getting something else for a few bucks more ?
>>
>>58941199
I've got a zip file I've encrypted, but forgot my password. What options do I have? The only passwordbraker that allowed a free trial "isunshare password genius" says that the file is not encrypted, when it clearly is.

The other one says only passwords up to 5 characters when my is robably between 13 and 15
>>
>>58946040
uBlock Origin blocks ads based on filters (lists of hostnames) made by third parties / contributors.

If the sites you're visiting are too obscure, chances are no one added these ads to the filter yet. You can add the ads to your filter to make them stop appearing.
>>
>>58946446
>>58946465
nevermind, found out how to get my product keys
>>
>>58946514
>password up to 13 and 15
Yeah, that's unbreakable. There's nothing you can do about it, that's the point of encryption.

If you're going to be sloppy about passwords then don't encrypt your files, just make them hidden. If you lose the keys they're gone forever.
>>
>>58946621
But I know the letters and their orders, I'm just not sure how they are capitalized and how much space do I have between them.
>>
Long shot

How good are those sites online where you pay people to do coding assignments for you? I had a rough month and I've missed a lot of class and I don't know what I'm doing on a coding project. It's fairly difficult.
>>
I want a macbook. What are good cheap ones? Will look into buying one on ebay. Thinkpad not cutting it for me anymore.
Will use for watching netflix or anime and maybe some low-end games like [spoiler] maplestory [/spoiler]
>>
4Chan X keeep showing me "Failed to load board configuration. Connection Error". How do i fixed it or make it not showing me that message anymore. Help anons
>>
>>58946650
Then use John the Ripper / Cain and Abel to do a dictionary attack using the word you already know. This might do the trick if the password isn't too complicated.

If your password is some shit like
R    ab 4   n A D        a
you're on your own and you'll have to write a simple custom password cracker yourself in Python to crack it using the details you know about it.
>>
How can I make the wingpanel in elementary loki opaque? Or even just make it auto hide? It's annoying having this transparent rectangle above all of my windows.
>>
>>58946798
Oh no, it's something variation of
4 GB DDR3 L Memory
where I have no idea what I capitalized or how many spaces I've put in. But that's definitely the order.

Maybe there are two Rs and not two Ds, but this is it
>>
>>58941455
Lenovo makes a 10.1'' thinkpad tablet. Not sure if the specs are the same, but I have used the thinkpad line of tablet PC's and have enjoyed them
>>
ffmpeg troubleshooting

>>58946836
>>58946846
>>58946857
>>58946903
>>
File: 1459677155488.webm (1MB, 398x580px) Image search: [Google]
1459677155488.webm
1MB, 398x580px
Is there a way to change recaptcha back to what it used to be where you just wrote shit? These "select stop sign" ones have like 50% failure rate.
>>
>>58946415
Try out swiftkey
>>
>>58946925
settings -> ctrl+f "legacy captcha"
>>
>>58946925
4chanx
use legacy captcha
>>
>>58946945
You don't even need 4chan X
>>
>>58946952
There is no reason to not be using 4chanx
>>
>>58946956
but muh botnet
>>
>>58946956
I never said otherwise, I'm merely pointing out that it's not necessary for legacy captcha.
>>
>>58946961
Do you even realize what a botnet actually is kiddo?
>>
>>58946969
Yea, just memeing lad
>>
>>58946872
Again, there's no software that lets you do something like: "Test this phrase, testing different capitalizations, and variable amount of spaces between each word. Oh, and it might be two Rs and not two Ds".

It's actually not a hard task to write that in Python (or whichever programming language you prefer), but you'll have to know Python beforehand, or be willing to learn it, or pay someone to do it for you. That's all you can do about it, no magical solutions, no magical software. Unless it means the world to you, drop it.
>>
>>58947009
I guess that's what I get for trying to be smart with data security.
>>
>>58946940
>>58946945
Thanks. I can shitpost more efficiently now.
>>
>>58947063
Dunno how you've been dealing with it for the past year or so, I changed that shit almost immediately
>>
I plan on swapping out an old 10/100 switch (netgear dss-8+) with a newer gigabit one (jgs516) with 3-4 computers connected at a time, do you guys predict me having any issues beyond Square Peg Into Square Hole?
>>
What do you use to convert audio files? (mainly FLAC to MP3)
>>
>>58946664
how do you expect to advance without knowing the material? also, no, you'll probably be scammed out of your money
>>
>>58947109
LAME is the standard.

http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php
>>
>>58941270
manual is literally a page long, doesn't explain
>>58941382
you'll notice none of those links have to do with my question
>>
>>58947109
>(mainly FLAC to MP3)
Good lord no, don't.
f you're converting from lossless source to lossy codec use something better.
Ogg vorbis is great for music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Test_ogg_mp3_48kbps.wav

comparison between source WAV, ogg@48kbps and mp3@48kbps
>>
Is Visual Studio "safe" to use?

I mean, one of the software I want to use requires "Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Isolated Shell" and I just want to know if I wont be welcoming some "spyware" along with it, that would be hard to remove.

Thanks for replies, I know I sound a little paranoid but I cant really change that.
>>
what the FUCK does this mean

$controller = "path\\{$controller}";
$controller = new $controller;

I just don't get it.. $controller is something
then you NEW controller right after?
what does it even mean??
>>
It's truth that Trump is using a Galaxy S3?
>>
>>58947345
There are photos of him using it
>>
>>58942650
kinda late but try transmission
>>
>>58944758
Could you recommend something within my price range?
>>58945701
I'm laptop retarded and don't know what this means on a laptop.
I can tell you all about a PC, but jack about a laptop
>>
>>58947345
*true
>>
>>58947109
ffmpeg -i flac.flac mp3.mp3
>>
How to setup laptop running Mint as a webserver
>>
Can I copy over a few partitions without wiping the entire disk?
I bought a new laptop and want to swap out the m.2, but want to keep my data partition on my old ssd, and move over the factory windows ones.
>>
Is there a fast way to find the differences in two set of similar PDF files?

Similar at 95% they have the same text separated in the same number of files but a different footnote and probably some different information in it
>>
>>58947461
of course
>>
Federal tax return will be coming in soon. I want to get a new monitor and maybe a sound bar for my desktop. Any way I can keep using my current speakers with the sound bar? Would I need a sound card at all?
>>
File: 3910518.png (111KB, 534x384px) Image search: [Google]
3910518.png
111KB, 534x384px
>>58941199
Is there any source that checked current android "vault apps" for security? I want something that actually doesn't sync it into the cloud nor just renames the files to be ".filename.jpg" and is secure.

tl;dr: what image vault are you using/recommending (non-root, so cryptonite won't work)
>>
>>58947233

Or "Isolated Shell" is just for running application made using Visual Studio and I have nothing to worry?
>>
Looking for some info on converting composite to HDMI
Does anyone know a good place to ask about modding retro consoles? And I mean real soldering diy, none of that retarded "Hurr durr pay $200 for someone to do it for you" shit.
>>
>>58947294
i got it nvm
>>
int i  , j;

i = j + = j;

Does that loop, why?
>>
Currently have 2 sticks of 1.35v ram in my Lenovo think entre SFF. There's 2 slots remaining. Do I need to use 2x 1.35 udimm RAM or is mixing it with say 1.5v ram OK? I also assume that it's better too put in 2 ram modules rather than 1 as putting in only 1 more will make it switch to single channel mode?
Thinkcentre M92P SFF
>>
Just reinstalled windows 10 because i haven't been on in 15 + months. But it's not the latest version with updates like on my laptops. what's the deal
>>
>smartctl.exe
>Usage: smartctl [options] device
>smartctl -A sda
Read Device Identity failed: Input/output error

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

>add one or more '-T permissive'
What the fuck does it even mean? I only want to see the attributes.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>58947743
It does not.

Consider reading this one step at a time:
j += j; // j = j + j // store j + j into variable j
i = j; // store value in j into i

section '.code' code executable
start:
mov eax,[j] ; Store j in register
add eax,[j] ; Add j to value in register
mov [j],eax ; Store result in j
; mov eax,[j] ; Redundant step, load j into register
mov [i],eax ; Store j into i

section '.data' data readable writeable
i dd ?
j dd ?
>>
So I fell for a meme and installed Pale Moon. Turns out it is actually quite cozy. Is there any reason to not use it?
>>
File: 1321932797932.gif (2MB, 238x182px) Image search: [Google]
1321932797932.gif
2MB, 238x182px
So I have this regular Direct Input arcade Stick I'm using and twice this week it suddenly stopped being recognized by my computer and in-game. I also realized that the usb cable was hot as fuck. Google gave me nothing.
>>
>>58947743
Also, don't put any white space in between + and =. += is a single operator. "i + = i;" shouldn't compile.
>>
Why did 4chan change it's image loading? It's shit now.
>>
File: file.png (590KB, 749x682px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
590KB, 749x682px
Is this the most cost effective solution if I want to have a ton of storage on one machine?
>>
>>58948614
to save money
>>
>>58948625
Get a lian li case
they have up to 15 drive bays
>>
Having issues with Pale Moon. When I watch a video, it will only show the time stamp up to what I've watched. If i've watched 10 seconds of the video, it displays the video as if it were only :10 long, and the red bar is all the way to the right, but once 11 seconds comes, it changes to :11 seconds long, and the bar remains at the right side.
I would google this, but I have no clue what to google.
>>
>>58944209
>EDIT
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
Because having gaming in the title is a totally different laptop
>>
>>58947233
>>58947664

I know I shouldnt bump my own question but my paranoia is too problematic in such cases. You guys always knows the best of such problems.

InstallGentoo Wiki just list in in recommended Windows software and dont mention anything, but I know that MS states that they might collect some usage data about software itself. My problem is, if this usage data is not something to worry too much about.
>>
>>58948625
How much is a ton?

How much do you value having everything in a nice single rackmount unit?
>>
>>58948378
Either busted cable or busted controller board.

>>58947817
All sticks have to run at the same voltage, which is usually fine, most 1.35V sticks are also rated to run at 1.5 if necessary.

>>58947673
>>>/vr/ often has relevant threads. Or for the electronics in particular, >>>/diy/ohm. Or just ask here.
>>
How best to go about building a fileserver of roughly 10TB size in RAID5?

Hardware or software RAID?

I don't need to use anything other than simple ssh/sftp/sshfs to access it btw.
>>
>>58948878
>raid-5
Use ZFS or go raid-6
hardware raid

Find a case large enough for your setup and go from there.
>>
>>58947569
Sound bars are generally shit compared with independent speakers.

>>58947510
Copy out all the text to plain files, diff.

>>58947449
Install a web server program, along with any other services that you may need. If you have no idea what you want, start with the standard stack of Apache web server + PHP for scripting + MySQL for a backend database https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/486
>>
>>58948693
Doesn't seem like a common problem. First of all do you have the latest version? This is a requirement. Once you have it, if the problem persists, report it on the official forums/IRC, it's more likely for a Pale Moon dev to see it there than here.

Be sure to post relevant information as well (OS, version, screenshots) otherwise it becomes very hard to help.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 428x129px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 428x129px
Do you need to run a chkdsk for your computer to find bad sectors? I was told running it was a bad idea.

I know to try and fixing it you need to run chkdsk but I just want to know if the numbers should go up without running it.
That 236 has been the same for 2 years already. I'm not sure if my computer doesn't get bad sectors anymore or I just have to run a scan to update the number.
That's CrystalDiskInfo btw.
>>
Netflix buffers enough to start playing but then doesn't buffer anymore, the diagnostics say throughput is 0kbps. This only happens on my main PC running Windows 10, others are fine, phones are fine, Chromecast is fine, FireTV stick is fine. I have tried different DNS, different wireless adapters, firewall, power settings, I have reinstalled Windows and it's fully up to date. It started around November.
>>
>>58948894
>ZFS
How do I into this? Can it handle one disk failure?
>>
>>58948829
It will mostly be just stuff from private trackers, if a drive fails it's not a big deal. All of my important stuff is already safe.
I have 8TB now and every drive I get is filled up quickly. I don't want to worry about it for a long time.
I'm shooting for 200~TB max capacity
>>
I've got a ssd in my laptop, can I take it into any other computer (i.e. any other laptop), and it will just work with no configuration?
>>
File: DSC_0020.jpg (1MB, 2464x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0020.jpg
1MB, 2464x1632px
Which hardware component in the router handles most of the functions of the WAN port? Is it the CPU or is it the switch (typically built-in into the CPU)?
>>
>>58949051
no
>>
>>58949034
You will need to install the drivers for whatever hardware you have. I've done what you said and it worked but it was buggy as fuck until I had all of the proper drivers.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (98KB, 1131x460px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
98KB, 1131x460px
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my audio drivers to install.
Its just a fucking mess, after i installed the nvidia drivers and forgot to uncheck their hdmi audio thing, my onboard sound drivers were broken. I removed everything, all the nvidia drivers, any existing sound drivers, and reinstalled the nvidia drivers without the hdmi sound ones.

I went to go get the realtek drivers from HP. They dont work.
Tried like 4 different versions, none worked
Directly from Realtek, didnt work
Tried manually installing the drivers, none of the folders for the drivers from realtek have anything in them the windows install wizard can use

What the fuck
I just cant install a driver, nothing will get this onboard audio to work

what the hell do i do here, this is pissing me off, theres absolutely no reason the realtek audio driver installer .exe thing shouldnt be able to install the driver

It installs it somewhere, it shows up in the add/remove programs list, it doesnt fail to install, it just doesnt actually apply those drivers to the hardware
>>
File: image02.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image02.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Which hardware component in the router handles most of the functions of the WAN port?
>>
>>58949089
no
>>
I installed arch Linux on a separate drive from my windows 10 but now when I try to boot windows 10 it fails and says the drive is unavailable.
>>
>>58949059
b-but the drivers are in the kernel?
>>
>>58949132

hope you made backups before playing with dangerous commands
>>
File: 1466848295679.gif (183KB, 481x577px) Image search: [Google]
1466848295679.gif
183KB, 481x577px
>>58949132
https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/
>>
>>58949136

if it's linux it's plug and play unless you're using a very specific kernel setup

if it's windows, pre windows 7 it's probably not possible, post windows 7 you might need to install drivers beforehand
>>
>>58949089
don't install drivers from exe, msis and other setups, use only infs

in device manager click the driver tab of your audio device properties, and update/install the driver from the relevant INF file
>>
>>58949095
An ethernet switch chip, like this: http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets2/17/1785381_1.pdf
>>
>>58947040
in the future, use a password manager like lastxpass. (^:
>>
>>58949132
your arch linux installation overwritten your boot loader. its fixable but will take a few hours if not days for you to fix; have fun
>>
>>58949221
Meme password managers aside, Master Password is excellent.
>>
>>58948962
>Do you need to run a chkdsk for your computer to find bad sectors?
No, your HDD will do it as soon it find them.

Those were because it got hit not because its going bad then.
Run a Surface read test (HD Tune Pro or HD sentinel).
>>
Why did my HDD power on hours decreased?

I dont remember it trowing it to the fountain of youth.
It was 38k hours now its 26k.
>>
>>58949167
i cant even find a .inf file
there are none that come with the packages, checking all hidden files, unpacking everything thats in there
im going to try the windows 7+ drivers, something ive just noticed is that the 2000/xp drivers are a 32mb file and then 1 version later theres the 7+ files that are 160mb
>>
>>58949132
>>58949222
Run grub install script
Thats it
>>
>>58949089
Download 3DPC.
Click audio driver.
Done.
>>
File: Avioding 3DPC malware v0.01.png (260KB, 848x3337px) Image search: [Google]
Avioding 3DPC malware v0.01.png
260KB, 848x3337px
>>58949393
>>58949340
Also im sure i dont have to remind you this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (18KB, 402x344px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
18KB, 402x344px
>>58949412
its still trying to pull nvidia hdmi audio even though that doesnt exist on this system
>>
File: 1452314754314.jpg (168KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452314754314.jpg
168KB, 1920x1200px
I have a question about Telegram supergroups
I am in a huge group with thousands of messages a day.
Is there a way I can get all my messages I posted into it?
ty
>>
>>58949475
Boot into linux (or make a Linux Mint USB).
Check if you have sound or if your soundcard is being detected.

You literally have no sound card right now.
Its not being detected.
>>
>>58949497
the hardware is there, the device manager shows that it exists, and as i posted way above i do get the standard hardware beeps

ill try with a bootable usb in a few, im still downloading drivers and a few other things
>>
File: jJRg81T.png (20KB, 547x237px) Image search: [Google]
jJRg81T.png
20KB, 547x237px
rip 4chan image downloader

Guess it's time to learn how to make my own script

is automate the boring stuff w/ python the way to go?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (6KB, 335x239px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
6KB, 335x239px
>>58949514
im also going to try one of 3dp's reltek drivers for xp, just have to deal with near fucking dialup speeds from downloading csgo in the background
>>
>>58949526
use GetThemAll for Chrome
>>
>>58949527
I assume you tried to do a system restore?

Also why XP and not Windows 7 starter or Ultimate x32?
>>
>>58949554
No restore points, that would have been convenient
Im only using xp because i dont have disks for 7

Thinking of what i play, csgo and terraria both run on linux
If all else fails ill just go full lubuntu
>>
>>58949602
Then make one?
>>
File: 1486586092896.gif (64KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
1486586092896.gif
64KB, 720x403px
How do i change the fan speed manually on a Hackintosh?

Usual tools for Macs don't seem to work.
>>
Are there other cases like the Norco ITX S4?

I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for (small itx case with 4 hotswap bays).
>>
How do I add custom search engines to firefox without using a shitty add-on?
>>
>>58949666
let us know if you find any
>>
What would be some useful (preferably legal) uses for a home server?
>>
>>58941199
How well does steam run on Linux? I'm in the middle of getting rid of this useless chrome os for a linux one.
>>
>>58949687
go on the page where your search is
click in the input
right click
add keyword to this search or some shit like that
>>
>>58949717
theres alot of issues with startup, sometimes you have to do it via the terminal and add some shitty little file to it to even get it to start
other times it works perfect

its weird, best way to describe it
>>
>>58949716
hosting files that are available anywhere at any time

>>58949717
doesnt matter, if you game got for windows on dualboot
takes 15 seconds on ssd
saves you headaches
>>
Whats the meme monitor everyone gets?
>>
>>58949730
how well does wine work?
>>
>>58949720
sasuga anon
>>
File: 5397063348053-500x500.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5397063348053-500x500.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>58949754
dell ultrasharp
>>
>>58949777
Does the high ms really affect anything? I don't really intend to use it other than work and maybe the occasional movie.
>>
>>58949551
You mean DownThemAll?

I'll probably give the creator of 4chan image downloader some time, It looks like he's updating the repository on sourceforge as far as I can tell on top of that I think he browses /g/ so maybe he'll run across this somehow/someway
>>
>>58949759
wine can be picky, playonlinux works much better with steam games
>>
>>58949703
Screw it. My Elite 110 will do. Who actually needs hotswap anyway?
>>
Okay, so I've bought into the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB meme /g/ likes to throw around. Where can I download a clean .iso?
>>
>>58949798
its mighty fine
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2415.htm
>>
>>58949840
dont
its crippled as well not just lightened for not having cortana and store..

just get enterprise 10 and run shutup10 or additionally turn off some other stuff too
>>
File: 2017-02-15_000106.jpg (120KB, 710x648px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-15_000106.jpg
120KB, 710x648px
i'm trying to model a hole-saw in fusion 360. what's the best way to make the teeth?
>>
>>58949877
I can't find downloads from Microsoft themselves for anything but Home and Pro.

How is LTSB crippled?
>>
>>58949898
https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/5btn6g/what_machines_if_any_are_you_using_windows_10/
>>
>>58949880
>>>/3/550171
this could possibly be a better place to ask
>>
File: 1415419059786.png (9KB, 188x159px) Image search: [Google]
1415419059786.png
9KB, 188x159px
Why does my internet throttle every day at 6:30
>>
>>58949925
>literally his entire argument for not using LTSB is "it's older and microsoft said don't use it"
the same applies to 7
>>
>>58949946
cheers. looks like a shit load of boards have been added since I was last here.
>>
>>58949978
Other people start using it
>>
What's the best version of Firefox? Is it current or will that break all my old addons?
>>
>>58950037
>>
File: 1484848358296.jpg (267KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
1484848358296.jpg
267KB, 1200x905px
What's the best printer to buy?
I don't want to pay bullshit amounts for ink.
>>
File: fans.jpg (102KB, 1170x814px) Image search: [Google]
fans.jpg
102KB, 1170x814px
What's the best way to blow?
>>
I have read of anons ripping music from Spotify. What program do they use?
>>
>>58950095
First one is fine if you're not overclocking and have air conditioning.
>>
in French culture, how meaningful is it to say "i love you" is it a big deal like adults in the US or a little no biggie deal like middle schoolers in thi YS?
>>
>>58950037
ESR
>>
File: 1466186150964.png (30KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466186150964.png
30KB, 246x200px
Every time i turn off my pc i get the q-code 00. just found out it was the monitor that caused the problem and i can't seem to be able to fix it. i tried changing display port cables, power cables, etc. what other option do i have? the q-code seems to go away when i unplug the monitor
>>
If you only want to print regular documents every now and then, I would:

Go to walmart, find the cheapest black ink cartridge, find the printer they sell that uses that one.

My printer is some cannon that I print stuff maybe once every 3 months. Works fine for what I need.
>>
is it stupid to buy a mobo without usb 3.1 in 2017?
>>
>>58950073
Laser printers are good. They tend to last at least a hundred thousand pages. Toner is as cheap as the paper and doesn't evaporate. Can clump though. And is suspected to be carcinogenic, so have adequate HEPA.
>>
>>58950186
Nah, you can always buy an expansion card if you need it later on
>>
can I just slap windows iso on a usb to install/boot or would I need to format the entire usb for the purpose?
>>
>>58950213
you would at least need to format a partition of it.
>>
I'm in need for a new gpu.
I want to go with amd, but havent decided yet if i want to go with the rx 480 4gb or 8gb.

I dont Plan on doing things with vr or 4k in the next 4 Years, just gaming like bf1 and such alike.
Do I need the 8gb?
>>
Can someone make a new thread?
>>
>>58950495
You're as capable of it as anyone else.
>>
>>58950507
I don't want to though.
>>
>>58950518
Why? It would have been just as easy to make a new thread as it was to ask someone to.
>>
>>58950543
Ugh.
>>
>>58950095
Option 1.
>>
File: D3S_7666-1200.jpg (246KB, 1200x1766px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_7666-1200.jpg
246KB, 1200x1766px
I just got these to listen to music with. did I goof?

Had them a day now and they sound great imo.
>>
>>58950603
You could've made three new threads and instead you made three posts bitching about it
>>
>>58950620
this. lazy faggots like him are the worst.
>>
>>58950095
All of them.

All that matters is decent airflow, filters on intake, and balanced pressure.

Literally nothing else matters, not even cable management.
>>
I'm having big issues w/ my wifi. Paying for 100, only getting 5-15 in my room, even with a range extender. Using ethernet plugged directly into the modem I get 100.

So, merely 30feet away I get a drop of 95mb. Should I buy a new modem and router? Or is something else the issue? Same floor, so its not like I'm upstairs or anything.
>>
>>58950701
What you are paying for is a direct line to your modem.Not the wifi
It depends on how your room(s) are setup and what they are made of
>>
>>58950620
>>58950628
Stay mad though.
>>
>>58950738
smd
>>
>>58950750
Present it.
>>
File: room setup.png (22KB, 865x893px) Image search: [Google]
room setup.png
22KB, 865x893px
>>58950733
This is the layout of the apartment
>>
>>58950768
>>
>>58950792
your house is shaped weird
>>
>>58950827
Its a condo on the beach in Florida, like one of those places people rent when on vacation. In flight school, so a lot of renters rent to military for cheap. Its an amazing view of the ocean for $530 w/ 2 other roommates.

But anyways, would the shape impact my signal that much? Should I move the range extender?
>>
This might sound silly, but I don't know how virtual machine software works.

Is there any that lets you run an OS from an already made partition or hard drive? Like if I already have a Linux distro on a separate hard drive or partition is there a software that will me boot it up while I'm running Windows?
>>
>>58950808
Jokes on you, someone else made a thread.
>>
>>58950940
Well duh, it's not like we'd never have another sqt just because your lazy ass wouldn't make one.
>>
>>58950861
cat5 is cheap, anon
>>
>>58951016
>cat5
I dont want a cable snaking through the hallway
>>
>>58951117
p. sure you have some kind of space under your apartment
run it under there
>>
>>58951135
I guess I described it incorrectly. Its like one of those hotel things that people rent for vacation, like 11 stories. So theres a unit underneath me.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.