[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will he ban encryption in order to fight pedos, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 31

File: sessions_encryption.png (444KB, 799x619px) Image search: [Google]
sessions_encryption.png
444KB, 799x619px
Will he ban encryption in order to fight pedos, /g/?
>>
>>58869825
<<</pol/
>>
I predict this thread will contain military-grade shitposting.
>>
>>58869851
>encryption is not tech anymore
>privacy isn't a constant concern of /g/ anymore

>>58869854
You started great.
>>
>>58869851
PEDO GLOBALISTS ARE SCARED

RUN U SICK FUCK
>>
>>58869851
You can't get a rational discussion about this subject over there.
>>
>>58869825
What is encryption and how it affect me?
>>
>>58869875
>Implying
>>
>>58869875
Yes you can.

It's just the fact of the matter that the only rational position is enraging to the perpetually libtarded.
>>
>>58869825
>vows war on math
>>
>>58869825

Damn it...Trump is a thousand times better then that sick bitch Hillary would have been. But there are a couple things I hate about his beliefs/administration.

One of them is his stance on encryption. The fundamental problem is government is filled with old people and they don't have a fucking clue how tech works. Sessions truly believes that gov can mandate back doors when criminals can just roll their own encryption from open source. And he truly believes that those back doors won't be compromised when every hacker in the world will have them.

Can't say Hillary would have been any better though. Fucking old people....
>>
File: genuis.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
genuis.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>58870012
>anti-privacy is rational
>>
>>58869825
No. He'll ban encryrtion to sell you out to the NSA.

captcha: servicecom stop
>>
>>58870089
He's an ignoramus, but don't simply dismiss him just like that. He will go through it this idiocy, and now that the FCC is run by a Pajeet who also hates privacy and encryption, expect full-on war on your rights.
>>
>>58870169
Eh. I just hope he takes a hands off approach to encryption. As long as he does nothing about it, I'm fine.
>>
>>58870012
>banning math is rational
>giving hackers back doors is rational
>believing criminals won't roll their own secure FOSS systems is rational
>understanding gov can't do dick about encryption and letting law abiding citizens protect themselves is libtarded

Next you'll tell me that gun confiscation will protect everyone and is a right wing issue.
>>
>>58869825
You can't ban encryption. It's open source GPL. It's fucking FREE. You can't possibly stop people from using it. So please shut the fuck up.
>>
File: hei.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
hei.png
8KB, 231x218px
>>58869825
What a damn fine double-edged sword banning encryption will be.

Lets see, do you go to prison for the sentence of encryption or do you go to prison for the sentence of what is on your hard drive if it isn't encrypted?

People are just going to weigh the pros with the cons on this one.

If you get two years for an encrypted hard drive but you would've had decades for pedophilia... guess what's going to be encrypted?
>>
>>58870012
Not it's not

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/03/hacker-leaks-ios-bypassing-tools/

>want backdoor
>lol it will only be used once, help us out
>tool gets leaked
>apple says I told you so, you retarded fucks
>>
>>58870319
With SSDs the next step will be to hide a partition Secure Enclave style such that an investigator will believe the SSD is 250gb when it's really 500gb.

What are they going to do? Delid all the FLASH chips and count the columns/rows of memory cells under a fucking electron microscope?

It's a losing battle, but gov sure as hell doesn't want to make the hard choices that would lead to winning the wars.
>>
>>58870436
>What are they going to do? Delid all the FLASH chips and count the columns/rows of memory cells under a fucking electron microscope?

....Yeah, probably.

Tax payers' money at work, anon. Our government will reach no end to fuck over one person for monetary gain.
>>
>>58869861
Reasoning with pedo bs is not tech.
>>
>>58870319
plead the FIF. we have a Bill of rights, but people only jack themselves off over the first and second amendment.
>>
>>58870510

You're going to jail anyway. We live in an authoritarian police state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolo_contendere
>>
>>58869825
>Encryption software gets backdoors
>Everyone just rolls out their own using tried and true algorithms
Why are anti privacy cucks so retarded?
>>
>>58869825
lol how you gonna "ban" encryption?

more likely they will do something stupid like order all public certs have backdoor access for the gov which is fucking stupid as you know the master key will get leaked and the whole american interwebs will be fucked.

plus this isn't the 90s anymore and banning encryption is impossible now as the world is not just america. so how will they stop american joe from downloading and using an encryption tool from europe?
>>
Banning encryption is literally impossible at this point.
>>
I have nothing on my computer. In fact, everything I have is legitimate. At most, I have something that would cause me embarrassment depending on the situation, but nothing I can't get over. The reason why I want encryption is because you do not have control over me. We all evolved the same way. We're all just animals roleplaying society. No one holds power over someone else. You can't go through my private things just because you have an imaginary title that means nothing. The government is literally just a bunch of old fucks in a group. People act like it's this unknown entity or something. Just a bunch of people like you. Why the fuck do they hold power over you? Exactly. Plus, even if you don't agree with that... It's just fucking weird having someone going through your shit. Especially knowing that they're looking through all of your family photographs and all that. It's weird.

For example... I had an unlimited storage Google account, but refuse to use it because it's controlled by a company. This means they know everything I do. I'm not doing anything wrong, but that's fucking creepy that someone is watching over me like that. It makes me uncomfortable. Yes, I know Google does it too, but I'd rather have a few GB storage and be able to not be creepied out. They have a billion people to worry about. It's just less uncomfortable when it's that far detached.

>>58870319
Good point.
>>
>>58870635
They already do that. Or make a serious effort to.

You can't ban encryption. It's encryption for a reason. As long as you keep the key hidden up your ass or something, there's nothing they can do. And nothing you can do if you lose it. Double-edged sword.

The problem is they will make laws on it that will hurt people much more in the long run. Caught encryptin'? That's two years in pound town for you. Great for a pedophile who dodged a bullet, but very bad for some innocent person who was just using encryption to keep out Russian hackers from his financial reports.
>>
>>58870319
It's not going to be that kind of war. Companies will simply be forced to provide backdoors into their encryption. I'd enjoy seeing the look on your smug pedo face when you tell the FBI that you've forgotten your password, only for them to unlock it right in front of you.
>>
>>58870696
Then don't use backdoored encryption software or roll out your own, NSA shill.
>>
>>58870720
He doesn't know what encryption is. Why must you bully him?
>>
>>58870696
>implying pedos would still use encryption software made in the USA at that point
>>
To all those lacking the imagination how to ban encryption:
>98% of all users (as in persons, NOT servers) are on windows
>windows currently experiments with Store only software in latest Cloud image

Add 2 and 2 together. They'll take the easy 99% and get to the 0.5% freetards later.
>>
>>58870750
Where does Apple stand in this then they're pro encryption(at least for their benefit and use) and anti Trump
>>
>>58870720
>implying you're going to know what's safe to use
>implying the average dumb pedo is going to know what's safe to use

You fucks get yourselves caught through simplistic exploits all the time, let alone government-level collusion with tech companies. Enjoy trusting your safety to Sergey Babushka's UltraSafeCryptâ„¢ and then finding out it was actually developed by the NSA and published under a foreign-sounding name pseudonym to trick you dumb fucks.
>>
>>58870782
They're not pro encryption, it's all a PR stunt.
>>
Simply ban all mathematics. Without mathematics you don't have encryption, bombs, airplanes, firearms or hard drugs. I don't understand why we keep using mathematics in current year if it's so dangerous.
>>
>>58870796
Only the stupid ones who use windows as a primary OS and have an iPhone signed into icloud get caught easily.
>>
I don't think you can stop it. Most victims are violated by people closest to them.

Give 'em light sentences and let Jamal sort them out.
>>
>>58870796
Oh wow. It's almost like FOSS encryption tools aren't superior at all.
>>
>>58870802
This, but also ban computers, so that you can't encrypt things. Put people into solitary cells where they can't see or hear anything from the outside world. That way, they'll be redpilled and vote R again.
>>
How many more idiots are going to claim banning encryption is impossible?

>ban encryption
>look at all internet traffic
>see someone using encryption
>put them in prision
>>
>>58870981
5th amendment
>>
>>58871006
That will surely stop them!
>>
>>58871006
if encrypting itself is illegal, they can put you in prision for encrypting
they don't need you to be a "witness against yourself"
they have proof you comitted the crime of enrypting your communication
>>
>>58870981
>>58871035
So how do you suggest dealing with the problems of online banking and people just using public wifi?
>>
>>58870981
>ban encryption
>banks can't use it
>identity theft skyrockets
>>
>>58871098
>ban encryption
>no more drm on video games and bluray
>>
>>58870796
We just use LUKS for the most part
>>
>>58870289
Knifes are everywhere, guvment cant possibly stop me from murdering.
>>
>>58871098
I'm agains banning encryption.
I'm just calling people claiming banning encryption is impossiblle because of math or open source or whatever, idiots.
>>58871098
Replace "ban encryption" with "ban encryption without backdoors for the government" then
>>
>>58871178
You can't when even a 14 year old can roll out his own encryption with strong algorithms and nobody is going to willingly patch in a backdoor
>>
>>58871227
Except no a 14-yo can't roll out his own encryption. Writing your own encryption implementation is extremely hard. At the very least his implementation will be full of side -channel holes.
>>
>>58871178
no him,

the government doesn't have the resources to go after "encryption offenders". it will drain our resources as a country more than non-violent drug offenders.
>>
>>58871268
Difficult but not impossible.
>>
>>58870981
https literally is encryption. The rest of the world is not going to get rid of security just because of some US laws. Enjoy being not allowed to access the majority of the internet.
>>
>>58871307
It takes a whole team and a lot of eyeballs to foolproof an encryption implementation. For a single 14-yo? Yeah, impossible.
>>
>>58871086
Banks get a gov issued public key.

There's no reason to use encryption on public wifi. It's not like I have anything to hide.
>>
File: the_hero_we_deserve.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the_hero_we_deserve.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>58871281
Our government has plenty of resources, they're just poorly managed.
>>
>>58870981
It'll be possible to make traffic look unencrypted but actually is encrypted. See steganography.
>>
>>58871317
and trump supporters will happily talk about how they don't want to visit non-american websites anyway.
American websites will of course have to give a copy of their private ssl key to the government.
>>
File: 20170110_122652.jpg (636KB, 857x1451px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_122652.jpg
636KB, 857x1451px
>>58871006
>5th amendment

Man you're so fucking smart. You should have worked for OJ.
>>
Fun Fact: We still have security flaws due to the fact, that during the cold war encryption was classified as a weapon
>>
>>58871340
>connect to public wifi
>use TLS or even Tor as much as you want
>government can't do anything about it because there's nothing tying that traffic to you
>>
>>58869851
I love how /pol/luters claim something belongs on /pol/ when it obviously goas angainst praising mah god emperor xD but have no problem forcing /pol/ shit when it doesn't.
>>
>>58871383
Easy: we just ban steganography!
>>
>>58871349
theres no room in the jails for "encryption offenders" retard. just like there are no beds for weed offenders.
>>
>>58871418
I know. I wasn't defending it. I was just saying we have resources. We could fund this country's education and healthcare, but we choose instead to wage useless wars and bail out big banks.
>>
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/path/to/file/on/your/hard/drive count=1000000

Enjoy explaining this encrypted data on your hard drive, pedo
>>
>>58870981
>transmit random data to my server as a test
>government sees the random data and mistakes it for encrypted data
>get arrested
>>
File: Scan_Me.png (5KB, 305x305px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_Me.png
5KB, 305x305px
>>58871340
Apart from your credit/debit card details. Your home address. Your weird fetishes. You disgusting fat nudes. Seriously do not use public WiFi if possible without encryption.
>>
File: ed.png (70KB, 185x195px) Image search: [Google]
ed.png
70KB, 185x195px
>>58870590
Because they never leave their echo chambers and believe there are no other ways to do things besides their way.
>>
>>58871461
yeah the republicans waste it all on mitlitary. i will go down that road with you a bit, but we still need military.

the taxpayer shouldn't be forced to feed and house potheads, refugees, "encryptards". at least we get something in return for the military spending. i'd rather give more money to veterans than a bunch of other retards who really didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>58871418
they ban encryption
apple and microsoft are law abiding american companies and keep people from using encryption on their systems as much as they can
same thing goes for facebook, google and other big communication companies
website owners give private ssl keys to government or be askes to pay huge fines
all foreign internet traffic that doesn't comply gets blocked by the ISP
whatever is left over at this point is suddenly pretty manageable
>>
File: 1465418869515.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465418869515.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>58869825
good luck. All this will do is completely destroy the secure infrastructure of the web without preventing individuals from still encrypting data with mathematically proven open standards.

Do you really think anyone with sensitive data is going to use uncle sam's new and improved Freedom Encryption Standard with 5 government backdoors when they can just use AES?
>>
>>58870169
For me, Trump is A+ on just about every issue EXCEPT anything technology related. He's likely to listen to and make good deals with industry figures, but the massive faggotry of Silicon Valley leaders doesn't inspire anything in me that there will be some kind of mutual understanding.

I can't imagine Hilldawg being any better either. It's actually hard to say in the end, because aside from what we know from her leaked speeches, Hillary campaigned on no issues at all and instead just spent time fear mongering Trump and having the ape in a dress Michelle Obama make stupid "oh so inspiring speeches" to shill for her.

I can at least feel happy knowing that there's no way for them to effectively enforce any kind of war on encryption in any way shape or form.
>>
>>58871472
what's your point? that there will be unintended consequences from banning encryption?
no shit, idiot
>>
>>58871507
>it's simple, we just need stricter control over internet traffic than China or South Korea
Are trumptards this delusional?
>>
>>58871544
>unintended consequences

bunch of normalfags in suits think they can re-engineer the fucking internet, a transformative phenomenon in human evolution that has provided trillions of dollars worth of business alone.
>>
>>58870635
Have stiff legal and financial penalties for non compliance.

Rewrite the use of government controlled key escrow, installation of government certs, etc.

The average person being impacted and access being leaked doesn't matter to them.

You can't beat the law here.
>>
>>58871567
the communists tried this "every nut and bolt must be approved by the government"

it don't work mr president
>>
>>58871461
Seems like another government spends its time on stupid shit instead of changing something.
So far we have:
>Building a wall
>Banning muslims
>War on Encryption
All this things don't do anything useful, it just have to look like their doing something.
On the other side Trumps friends at the Wall Street can already prepare for the first payday
>>
File: 1485300528510.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485300528510.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>58869825
We're fucked.
>>
Good luck banning encryption, the entire internet would collapse. The entire tech sector will lobby against him.
>>
>>58871567
I'm not a trump sopporter
I'm against this
What I'm saying is that this is what they will attempt and we shouldn't dissmis it as
>literally impossible, lel
>>
>>58871539
This site is 18+.
>>
>>58869825
How do you ban encryption anyway? It's just mathematics. You can't legislate away mathematics.
>>
>>58871627
my nigga u retarded?
>>
> global warming continues
> internet crashes worldwide

walking dead irl
>>
>>58871604
Those first two are great, even though the second isn't a Muslim ban. You have to go back, Paco or Muhammad.
>>
>>58871627
>how do you ban stabbings anyway?
>it's just physics, you can't legislate away physics...
>>
>>58871625
Is David Brock giving you guys enough light down in the shill dungeon?
>>
>>58871663
>there are no real people who disagree with me
>>
>>58871645
>even though the second isn't a Muslim ban
It would have been if it was possible. They just didn't even try it because they knew it'd stand no chance.
But Trump literally said in one of his speeches that he'd ban all muslim immigration to combat terrorism.
>>
>>58871586
The US did it for all encryption materials until the early 90s. It certainly can work.

People often mistake the failings of incompetent civilizations with failings of the ideas they were trying to implement.
>>
>>58871645
The wall will do very little other than stand as a monument to stupidity. It would need to be almost 100% effective (which it won't be) to reduce overall illegal immigration by 50%, and that's assuming anyone who is stopped by the wall doesn't start coming over in other ways. If you want to attack illegal immigration, the most logical way to do so is to target employers with heavy fines that could mean shutting down or even jail time instead of trying to plug all of the different holes that the illegals are coming through. When the groups demanding the product are smaller than the groups committing crimes supplying the product, it makes much more sense to go after the demand and to just let the suppliers give up due to lack of demand.
>>
>>58871691
>It would have been if it was possible.
So, literally, things that never happened? You're not living in reality.

>>58871800
The wall in Israel works quite well at stopping mudslime terrorists. No method is ever going to be 100% effective though, which is why now that King Nigger is gone, DHS can actually start doing their fucking job instead of getting stopped by the administration. Also, you talk about shutting down employers, which would be good, but you also forget that the Trump administration is starting to crack down on these criminal mayors who are running Sanctuary Cities, which is just as viable an alternative and easier to enforce. One in FL has already bent the knee. Soon even Californian mayors will.
>>
>>58871714
With a government that wants access to every part of your mind they can't be trusted. When you can't encrypt anything antisementic because the jews made both illegal, don't expect sympathy from me.
>>
>>58870194
>le trol face XD
>>
>>58871893
>The wall in Israel works quite well at stopping mudslime terrorists
How much business demand is there in Israel for illegal workers from the Gaza Strip or West Bank? It's much easier to stop people when you have a smaller area to worry about, don't have a demand for people in those areas, treat the areas in question like a war zone instead of how the US offers student and work visas to people from other countries, have military patrols guarding the entrances to your country from those areas (which are a much smaller surface than the US vs the world), and have few people trying to come over making it harder to fund things like tunnels which also risk going to waste after a single attack unlike tunnels leading into the US that don't get tied to high profile events.
>>
>>58871893
Equating illegal immigrants to terrorists showcases your ignorance on the subject.

>king nigger
Grow up
>>
>>58872060
None of that really matters in the end, since a massive problem with the way shit used to be is that border patrol was limited. We should be treating Mexico like a fucking warzone, and to an extent we will be now. The amount of land to cover is a good point, but can be solved with aerial drones and patrols. As for the tunneling, that's probably the dumbest excuse and easiest to address. You build the base of the wall farther down so it is very hard to go under. The reason they can tunnel freely now is because we just have a fucking fence, god damn vehicle traps, or fucking nothing.

The idea that the US in all its power can't defend its border from a bunch of dirty beaners is ludicrous. The Wall will deter a lot of traffic from even trying, and interdict a lot of others who do so border patrol can round them up and send their asses back.

>>58872101
>Equating illegal immigrants to terrorists showcases your ignorance on the subject.
Both cause harm in some way to a country and both need to be kept out. That's enough similarity.

>Grow up
triggered
>>
>>58870169
>Fucking old people....
then stop fucking electing them and only letting senile old farts and filthy rich scumbags with no connection to the normal world run campaigns

I swear man, I think europe is a pile of shit but americans are even fucking worse than the loser countries here
>>
>>58871627
Because they already make math illegal
The DVD decryption algorithm is illegal to own
>>
>>58872214
This is why term limits must be implemented so the same garbage doesn't get elected over and over 30+ years.
>>
>>58871627
americans love to be cucked by their bureaucracy and fat cats so much they can get anything banned. They can get a copyright or patent on drinking water from a glass if they wanted to.
>>
>>58872258
And that worked out so well.
>>
File: 1475958904273.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1475958904273.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>58869825
What are we supposed to do guys? Some fuck who literally doesn't know a thing about a topic can go on TV, pretend to be an authority, say the words "terrorism" or "security," and all logic is thrown out the window. I feel legitimately disenfranchised every time tech comes up with these people. How can I vote to prevent this?

The thing that really gets me is that I guarantee there will be corporate exceptions to any of these kinds of rules, but since no one lobbies for regular ass people we get stuck with this shit anyway. We're the real victims of the war on terror, aren't we?
>>
>>58872287
You have them already, can't have the same president for more than 8 years

now do the stupid minimum age requirement that's on your beer and stuff, but invert it to put a max age on politics. And a max wealth too
>>
Did CTR and the Trump shills merge? Can't you delusional useful idiots see that you are no better than communists? Authoritarian governments are fucking retarded, on either side. You guys will be put against a wall and shot for thought crime, enjoy 1984.
>>
>>58872312
Congress doesn't have term limits and it's why there are career politicans. Trump is going to put a stop to them.
>>
>>58871585
sure they can try but there is no way they can actually remove encryption tools from citizens now. and with deniable encryption tools it might be impossible to be able to prove someone knowingly is using encryption.
>>
>>58872200
>since a massive problem with the way shit used to be is that border patrol was limited
Then why not spend more money on that instead of building and maintaining a stupidly expensive wall that will have little effect, or better yet pass laws to go after businesses that knowingly hire illegals like I said earlier and spend that money enforcing those laws to kill off demand for illegals no matter what route they take into the country? Going after businesses that knowingly hire illegals also has the advantage of having the budget more easily decreased need for enforcement drops without there being an easily visible difference that could motivate people to increase demand (or supply) again.

>We should be treating Mexico like a fucking warzone
>we should be shutting off all relations with one of the our top trade partners and start treating them like we're at war with them
Okay.

>You build the base of the wall farther down so it is very hard to go under
They've found tunnels 90 feet deep underground and hundreds of yards long. Exactly how deep do you think they're going to make the wall go?
>>
File: think of the children microsoft.jpg (291KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
think of the children microsoft.jpg
291KB, 1360x768px
He will think of the children.
>>
>>58872446
It'll go so deep it joins up with the Chinese great wall.

And then we make China pay for it!
>>
>>58872390
>put a stop to them

After appointing them?
>>
Plausible deniability is going to be a problem for the government if they try and pull this shit. For example, using plain dm-crypt makes it impossible to prove in court, without a reasonable doubt if a hard drive is encrypted or not.

How will you trumpniggers defend this?
>>
>making an algorithm illegal
>>
>>58872530
They won't. They will just say "b-b-but Shillary was going to do the same thing anyway!" as if its impossible to disagree with Trump on this but still agree to some of his other stances
They have no concept of personal opinion. They see the world in black and white
>>
>>58870981
>look at all internet traffic
hahaha, oh wow
>>
File: 1458892957161.jpg (468KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
1458892957161.jpg
468KB, 1080x809px
>>58871690
>>
>>58871340
>There's no reason to use encryption on public wifi. It's not like I have anything to hide.

either bait or kys
>>
>>58871411

You have to go back.
>>
If third world dictators cant
What makes you think he will?
>>
>>58873110
Because third world dictators by definition don't have the resources necessary.

His country is rich and his government is rich. He does.
>>
>>58873175
America is basically a third world country at this point.
>>
>>58873186
And what country isn't at this point?
The only place I would consider non-third world is Finland
>>
>>58873218
I live in New Zealand.
It seems alright for the most part.
>>
>>58869825

The oligarchy can't spread much further with all the free speech going on in the internet. The government has already tapped into all of it (no longer tin foil hat theory). But what about encryption and VPN? What about all these handheld devices? They'll be going after that next. It's what I'd do if I wanted to control you sheep. Just have to say it's for fighting pedo and terrorists and you fucking idiots will agree to anything.
>>
File: 1486674845099.jpg (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486674845099.jpg
37KB, 657x527px
>>58873175
>His country is rich and his government is rich
Hopefully for not much longer. America is going learn a hard lesson electing a populist into power, like a right wing Hugo Chávez.
>>
>>58873218
>>58873256
Finland and New Zealand is fourth world.
>>
File: 1435158216123.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1435158216123.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
When a combination of 1 and 0s can land you in prison
>>
>>58873341
Then where do you recommend, pajeet? India?
>>
File: 1486529390501.jpg (25KB, 496x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486529390501.jpg
25KB, 496x576px
>>58873355
>When a combination of molecules can land you in prison
>>
File: huh.gif (1MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
1MB, 330x312px
>>58873186
america is a third world country, and people don't recognise it...and i think that that's pretty god damn sad, that they don't recognise their own country as a third world, third rate, third class slum.
>>
File: it's_just_combustion,_man.jpg (81KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
it's_just_combustion,_man.jpg
81KB, 1024x536px
>>58873378
>when exothermic chemical reactions can land you in prison
>>
>>58873362
Uzbekistan, the land of freedom.
>>
File: yung-lean-japan.jpg (323KB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
yung-lean-japan.jpg
323KB, 1200x688px
>>58873378
>molecules expand
>>
What if I want to encrypt my local server I have important business documents on? How the fuck is anyone supposed to stay safe with this kind of regulation?
>>
>>58873487
You just have to trust in the goverment, senpai
>>
>the old order is slowly realising is has no power

It always gives me a little kick when people talk about banning encryption. Like you can just do that and people will obey.
>>
>>58869825
This is like the net neutrality thing all over again. A week from now you /g/ retards will admit that /pol/ as right all along and encryption was a threat to national security, just like you admitted that net neutrality hampered innovation and economic freedom.
>>
>>58873623
>just like you admitted that net neutrality hampered innovation and economic freedom
/g/ never did that. It was just /pol/ leaking and having to justify everything daddy Trump says. After all Hillary would probably have been worse.
>>
>>58873673
>Hillary would probably have been worse.
That's not a good enough excuse. That's a pretense if anything, given that they were already supporting Drumpf in the primaries, way before his only adversary was Hillary.
>>
>>58873673
>>58873725
Hillary WOULD have been worse.
>>
>>58873782
I don't think you understood my post. Re-read it: >>58873725
>>
>>58869825
Reporters are retarded as fuck. Banning encryption is impossible.The only realistic thing governments can do is force people to give up their passwords if the system is based on passwords.
>>
>>58871691
>But Trump literally said in one of his speeches that he'd ban all muslim immigration to combat terrorism.
This EO is not a ban on Muslims.

This ban is not the same ban you are mentioning.
>>
>>58873899
Your point?
>>
>>58873175
Have fun cracking down on a decentralized worldwide encrypted network
Unless they shutoff the entire web it wil never work
>>
>>58873899
What the EO does doesn't change what he said in the past.
>>
>>58873899
>drumpf explicitly asked his advisors how he could make a ban on muslims without making it explicit such that it would be legal
>"durr it's not a ban on mooslems hurrr"
I hope you are just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Only pedophiles and terrorists need encryption.
>>
>>58869825
The only legal way to do this is through regulating businesses that make encryption products.

If everyone learned how to code, they could write their own encryption software to encrypt and that couldn't be touched.

In fact, open source projects like OpenSSL are beyond this reach because they're not a business.

If anything, Sessions, in theory, would be for encryption if it didn't make law enforcement harder.
>>
>>58874065
Nothing is going to happen. The attorney general is just ignorant. We are either all secure or all vulnerable.
>>
File: le_cyber_security_face_XDDDDDD.jpg (39KB, 760x420px) Image search: [Google]
le_cyber_security_face_XDDDDDD.jpg
39KB, 760x420px
>>58874121
Don't worry guys, our cyber security advisor will keep us safe!
>>
>>58874035
I agree business should let everyone know what projects and inventions they are making.
>>
>>58871609
It will be only for consumers and normal users, i'm pretty sure it will be legal when it's used for government stuff and big companies.
>>
>>58869825
Back to the good old days of the Crypto Wars then eh? Bring it on pigs. You lost this one once and you'll lose it again.
>>
>>58869825
LETS HOPE ALL OF YOU BUNCH OF DISGUSTING PEDOS GET CAUGHT, THEN GO TO JAIL AND DIE OF NIGGER AIDS
>>
>>58873408
>>>/mu/
>>
>>58872214
>then stop fucking electing them
no young candidate
>>
>new algorithm field which converts any string of characters into plausible plaintext.

My dog wife's fence was outside chapter kitchen. Soldiers' enjoy crispy.
>>
>>58872258
these days CSS decryption tools don't even ship with keys, the keyspace is so tiny that modern machines can crack it in seconds, so they just crack it on the fly rather than storing a key
>>
File: 28a7d551a0abd3f84e1737e84361af7e.png (775KB, 1148x849px) Image search: [Google]
28a7d551a0abd3f84e1737e84361af7e.png
775KB, 1148x849px
>>58869825
Article with exact quote? I don't just read a headline and beleive it like a gullible dipshit
>>
Look nigger. You literally *cannot* put mandates on open source software.

>But block the websites that distribute it
People will use IRC
>But spy on the people who use IRC?!??!!?
SSL exists
>Ban SSL!!!i REEE MUCH ENCRYPTION BAN
Carders fuck everyone up.
>Okay... Ban IRC!
Block a protocol? Good luck! It'll never happen.

There is no way to block encryption software from being distributed. We really need someone to go up into congress and explain technology to the farts up in congress.

At worst, you will see backdoors being mandated into Android phones. It will not happen to computers.

>Put backdoors in the CPUs!
Actual terrorists will just buy older machines.

The only thing banning encryption does it make it harder on people who actually use encryption for real reasons. It will do literally nothing to stop terrorists, and it will never pass congress.

Do you know why it will never pass congress?
Because the EFF exists, and they will repeat pretty much everything I just posted to the congress and the senate.

Encryption will not be banned.
Calm your tits.

Even if it was, those of us who use it for legitimate purposes will always hypothetically have a safety net of people in various countries willing to provide us with tools like cryptsetup.
>>
>>58870169
Take your shitty politics to pol. Your opinion on hillary is irrelevant to encryption, mr. thinly veiled polcuck.
>>
>>58870089
That wouldn't be surprising from this administration.
>>
whats the best way to get FDE on windows?
>>
I have long written arguments on my computer against religion and american foreign and economic policy, in favor of Atheism, Secularism, and General Libertarian Left positions.

Under the current administration of nut jobs, Encryption might become the only way I dont become a political prisoner in the next few years.

>>58869825
they will say they want to fight pedos and terrorists, but they want to give the nsa full access to your most private information.. for reasons.
>>
>>58869825
What does he actually have in his power as AG to do it? Does he even know what he's trying to fight?
>>
>>58879018
>in favor of Atheism, Secularism, and General Libertarian Left positions.
So basically you just parrot western popular culture? What a brave activist you are.
>>
>>58869825
>"encypting your own personal data in your own home is now illegal!"
>do it anyway
How the fuck would anyone get caught for this, and if they did, how would any law enforcement agency be able to see what was on their hard drive if they had encrypted it?

Piracy is illegal too, that doesn't mean everyone and their mother doesn't do it.
>>
>>58869825
Except nothing will really be achieved if he does, and every other tech company that does proprietary encryption services will bend the knee either way.

It will be like gun regulations with clueless politicians trying to control something they don't understand the demographics of
>>
>>58870169
>Trump is a thousand times better then that sick bitch Hillary would have been.
This is what /pol/ and alt-right retards actually believe.
>>
lol encryption isn't going to be banned ppl need to chill the fuc out
>>
>>58869825
Only good thing to come from Trump administrative probably.
>>
why do you guys need encryption exactly?
>>
>>58869974
Sessions is gonna lock up all weebs who watch Loli.
>>
we all know that those pointing finger are the real pedos trying to redirect the attention out of them
>>
>>58880996
is not hard to understand nigger demography
>>
>>58878246
https://www.corbettreport.com/trumps-attorney-general-vows-war-on-encryption/
>>
File: 180px-PennLeft.png (50KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
180px-PennLeft.png
50KB, 180x191px
I like how no one in this thread denies they're pedophiles.
>>
>>58871607
>thinking were fucked
Lil boy you know nothing
we are not fucked
it would be like baning water
>>
>>58881551
>no quote from sessions
Fake news
>>
>>58869825
I wasn't even considering encryption before, but now I'm definitely going to.
>>
>>58878476
>waa i can't handle politics
then don't get near it

ignore it and stop bitching
>>
>>58882753
>>>/pol/111976085
>>
>>58870456

I think what he is sayin is that counting by eye or even picture rows and collumns would be such an overwhelming task that it'd be near impossible when doing it in the comfort of your own home none the less whilst looking through a grainy electron microscope setup.
>>
>privacy is already dead
>kick the corpse

I like it.
>>
>>58882796
>>58878476
This is politics related to technology. Thus msking it a viable topic for both /g/ and /pol/ . Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>58882796
>>58882796
A fucking leaf posting the same fake clickbait article. Until someone posts the quote of sessions vowing to ban encryptions, this iscertsinly clickbait and fake
>>
File: pols_view_on_g.png (6KB, 800x69px) Image search: [Google]
pols_view_on_g.png
6KB, 800x69px
>>>/pol/111977501
Damn, /pol/ got us figured out.
>>
File: swamp spring.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
swamp spring.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>58878476
are you still shaking anon
>>
>>58869825
Not giving LEAs your passwords is already illegal in your shithole country.
>>
>>58881010
Hillary has no problem with killing innocent people.
>>
>durr you can't ban encryption
>durrrr it'll still be there dumbass xD
Just because you can still get and use it doesn't mean you can't be jailed for it
>>
>>58883172
Man that would be a sick burn if it wasn't wrong and was actually coming from something sentient and not a /pol/ack/.
>>
The war on maths intensifies.
>>
>>58884487
Not all /pol/acks are deluded, subhuman, retarded vermin!
Some are there just to troll right-wingers.
>>
>>58884487
Wouldn't that make the sick burn even worse if some /pol/tard called us out for being retards that we are?
>>
>>58884663
>retards that we are
Why are you talking about yourself as if there was more than one you?
>>
>>58884691
Retards like us like to congregate in groups, you're here aren't you?
>>
>>58884716
I'm not one of your kind.
>>
>>58884724
But you're here aren't you?
>>
>>58884737
If I was in a garage, I still wouldn't be a car.
Plus, a lot of /g/ is totally sensible people and not corporate shills or consumer whores.
>>
>>58884764
Someone inside a retard cage is either a retard himself or someone too stupid to know how to get out.

You are a retard for being here, the sooner you accept reality the less it will hurt anon.
>>
>>58884793
Not everyone here is as retarded as you.
/g/ isn't a retard cage any more than being alive is.
>>
>>58884807
>i-i'm not retarded!
You are retarded and you are trying to cope with it by deflecting your insecurities onto others.

You are a retard. But it's ok, this is a retard cage and you belong here.
>>
>>58884829
>you said you aren't a retard therefore you must be a retard
Finest logic right there
You'd love it on /pol/
>>
>>58869825
Not smart.

>>58879018
What you're saying is popular, mainstream opinion. People would probably be upset if you didn't say these things. Do you really think someone is going to stop by your house and throw you in jail for being an atheist? If you do then your concerns are not realistic. Do you think you would fare better and have an easier life if you were of the authoritarian right?
>>
>>58884847
>A murderer swears he isn't a murderer!
Oh boy look at this fucking tard. You can go to /pol/ first or even stay here since retards like you like these places.
>>
>>58884875
You're losing it. Take the prescribed dose of your pills - not more, not less.
>>
>>58884888
A pot calling the kettle black.
>>
File: 1481793423196.png (42KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1481793423196.png
42KB, 500x322px
>>58884487
>wrong
>>
>>58884930
Oh thats right I forgot that /g/ is a known haven for macfags to engage in pleasantries, discuss the latest hot gossip about the how awesome the newest iproduct is going to be and engage in homosexual relations with each other without any sort of pushback.

Oh wait I'm sorry that was your house not /g/ I was thinking of. Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>58885008
>/g/ doesn't have applefags everywhere.
hello pleddit is it your first day here
>>
File: pol newfags.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
pol newfags.png
75KB, 1229x417px
>/g/ is now anti-privacy because of trump
>>
>>58872609
you act like this is a joke
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A
>>
>>58885051
/g/ was anti-privacy since early obama years. they only slowly turned for it in the later years of the obama administration
>>
>>58871035
>proof you comitted the crime of enrypting your communication

Then the public has proof that they not only monitor all communication but will also act accordingly.

Mass surveillance is as accepted as it currently is, because it's not seen as repressive. If suddenly thousands of people go to prison for mundane shit like encryption, that attitude will change.

How would that work anyway? Will it be illegal to use European services that use encryption?
>>
You can't ban encryption because businesses use it to secure their information and property from attackers.
>>
>>58881653

I don't trust who will be making the decision on whether or not lolicon is considered pedophilia.

Therefore it gets encrypted.
>>
File: 1486341701630.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
1486341701630.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
If shillary won and her attorney general said this people would be screaming totalitarianism

But because trumps attorney general said this we must use mental gymnastics to defend it.
>>
>>58870510
Tell that to the pedo that's locked up until he unlocks his hard drive that he refuses to unlock (because he's guilty) for the coppers.
>>
File: file.jpg (73KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73KB, 600x590px
>/g/ BTFO yet again

Holy shit, I can't stop laughing while reading some of these posts. You child fuckers have had this coming for a long time. It's amazing to see your world collapsing.
>>
>>58885671
Non pedo here. I think encryption is going to become very important in the future to keep any sort of privacy in the real world as the Internet starts bleeding into the real life.

If it's destroyed now or your not allowed to use it. It's a very scary situation for privacy and we'll never get to see the possibility with it. I'm not even talking about every far down the line either. But I mean if it'll save us from the boogeyman of terrorism then fuck everything else amirite?
>>
>>58885988
You replied to a baitpost, not to a post that wanted to argue a point.
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again: encryption is more powerful than firearms.
>>
File: bernie sanders.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bernie sanders.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>58871349
Why do you leftists want to get rid of white people?
>>
>>58886003
It's OK I really don't argue on the Internet anyway. I kind of just wanted to get that thought out and more importantly out into the Ether.
>>
>>58870256
How the typical /pol/ moron missed this--that a clearly authoritatian charlatan would assign other equally clueless, self-righteous assholes--is proof that chronic shotposting isnt just an online quirk, but a wquirkfailing mentality.
>>
>>58873623
Nice alternative facts mr. Bowling green survivor. However, anyone past grade school and outside he Dorito leader cult understands that an open internet has been the key component to innovation and expansioo. Now that daddy dorito assigned a literal shill for telecommunication companies to lead the FCC and this atorney now vowing to "end" encryption, dont cry when suddenly you cant post your ebin-XD political frogs ot even access the site at arbitrary rates because you and all similar idiots voted for this.
>>
>implying banks will allow this
Good luck with that.
>>
>>58872446
nigga where you been? Mexico is a fucking war zone. Look up the cartel and you'll be signing a different tune.
>>
>>58870289
You're right

>>58871135
This isn't a fair analogy. The point of the knife isnt to murder people, so they ban the act of murder. Same with guns. No one is inherently harmed by the mere encryption of data. Potentially, it could be illegal to refuse to unencrypt data when subpoenaed, but you will always have the argument in court that you "forgot the password" or the data was destroyed by an automatic security measure outside of your control. Both of which have worked previously in a court of law.

Regardless, a ban on encryption would be seen as unconstitutional. Also, our entire defense/banking/ecommerce/social media industries rely on the ability to encrypt data.

Stop buying into nonsense, this idea is even less feasible than Trump's wall.
>>
Why don't Trump worshippers realize that they are trying to ban away their ability to post nazi frogs and merchants without (((them))) knowing? Can any of them actually rationalize this without calling me a pedo or a terrorist?
>>
I can't wait to see how /pol/ sells us this bullshit
>>
>>58886149
>native american genocide
>black slavery
>holocaust
>so much more

>"w-why do they hate me so?"

Why do white people hate people of colour?
>>
>>58883494
Trump wants safe zones in Syria, that basically means WW3.

Tell me again how he's better than Hillary?
>>
>>58883172
Oh my bait worked. I had closed the tab because no one had answered.
>>
>>58888040
>Why do white people hate people of colour?
the same reason why I hate people who leave their dog shit on the sidewalk
>>
>>58888115
So you destroy entire cultures and genocide whole peoples, but hate against you is unjustified, but some dog poo on your sidewalk is reason enough to hate all people who are different from you?

Sounds about right.
>>
>>58872258

All americans who download this post are going to jail.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
>>
File: 1486616396155.jpg (39KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1486616396155.jpg
39KB, 600x568px
>>58888282
oh shit
>>
>banning random numbers
fucking CIA niggers can't even comprehend random numbers
>>
>>58888040
>native american genocide
basically killed themselves
>black slavery
niggers traded other niggers to white folk for gold,weapons etc.
>holocaust
never happened
>>
>>58869825
He couldn't even if he wanted to. Not even possible.
>>
>>58889598
>>>/pol/
>>
>>58889662
>>>/cuckshed/
>>
>>58869825
I ain't no nsa faggot,but I think installing backdoors and keeping the fact a secret would make much more sense than banning software and forcing criminals to develop their own.
It's like how cops rather keep large criminal organizations somewhat under control than destroy them and cause chaos.
>>
My company is currently selling a licence for encryption software that costs 100k a year.

Encryption is going nowhere, specially business based encryption.
>>
File: 4L_oR3eSp6f.jpg (51KB, 471x365px) Image search: [Google]
4L_oR3eSp6f.jpg
51KB, 471x365px
>>58869825
I'm gonna run an offshore encryption service from Canada and charge you Americucks for every file.
>>
File: 1457514077964.gif (1MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1457514077964.gif
1MB, 230x172px
>>58889723
>if you run this certain code without depriving yourself of your well earned wealth mobsters in uniform with guns will show up in your home and throw you in a cage
Statists WILL defend this.
>>
>>58889832
Businesses can get fined if caught using pirated software for official business.Nobody cares if some basement dude runs said software at home.
>>
>>58889956
Not a fan of copyright either but I mistakenly read that post as:
>My country is currently selling a license for encryption software
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.