[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we still use this or is there a new thing I should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: NoScript-logo-icon.jpg (10KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
NoScript-logo-icon.jpg
10KB, 500x260px
Do we still use this or is there a new thing I should be using instead?
>>
uMatrix
>>
>>58799069
ublock origin

i used noscript for a long time. It's a pain in the ass in comparison
>>
>>58799069
Yeah, there's this thing that everybody is using now. Use that instead of that thing.
>>
>>58799069
>Do we still use this
No.

>or is there a new thing I should be using instead?
Yes. https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/
>>
why the fuck do you make a new thread for this?

>>>/g/sqt
>>
https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
>>
>>58799080
They're not the same thing, retard
>>
File: Cz4IFwQUkAA_bLE.jpg (110KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
Cz4IFwQUkAA_bLE.jpg
110KB, 764x551px
>>58799085
>>58799079
>tfw too intelligent for uMatrix
>>
>>58799069
>Do we still use this
>we
I use it. IMO it is wonderful. I have been using it for years. Back then there was no legitimate alternative. And if I remember correctly, NoScript ONLY worked on Firefox. So you couldn't use it on other popular browsers (Chromium, Chrome, Opera).

>is there a new thing I should be using instead?
What you *should* be doing is working to understand why you would want to use a script blocker in the first place. If you understand what a script blocker is protecting you from then you won't need to start threads that unintentionally seem like bait.

NoScript still works, I still use it. NoScript still only works with FF. The addon uMatrix is a script blocker that works with other browsers. uMatrix (and uBlock) are the new FotM on /g/. That doesn't mean they aren't great addons, it just means they popular.

The most important thing you can do IMO is understand what it is you are trying to do. Else, tomorrow you will actually attempt to install Gentoo.
>>
>>58799368
I see nothing in noscript that isnt in umatrix and ublock supersedes umatrix
>>
>>58799069
>he enables Javascript
>>
>>58799694
>ublock supersedes umatrix
>>
>>58799694
ublock and umatrix supersede HTTP switchboard
they are meant to be used in parallel
>>
>>58799069
I dunno about everybody else, but I still use NoScript because it's more than just script blocking (XSS filter, HSTS list, plugin blocking, etc.)
>>
switched to umatrix last week, its way easier to deal with than noscript
>>
redpill me on why blocking javascript is a good thing

why is noscript a thing
>>
>>58802337
>noscript just blocks javascript
>i like to run untrusted code
get >>>/out/
>>
Do you enjoy broken websites?
>>
>>58799069
used it since 2004

>>58804413
lern2configure your stuff
also to knowing how websights work goes a long way too
>>
>>58802337
99.9% of vulnerabilities are exploited through Javascript, whether the vulnerability is in Javascript or Javascript is used as the vehicle for delivery.
The vast majority of advertising also makes use of Javascript for delivery.

These two things are totally not related.
>>
File: 1436217747606.jpg (106KB, 644x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436217747606.jpg
106KB, 644x960px
>>58802337
Lots of websites make your browser execute JavaScript that is not needed for the website features that you use. NoScript lets you stop that unnecessary code from executing.

It's a good idea because a lot of the unnecessary code is for advertising or tracking and sometimes worse.

NoScript is also a nice way to judge a website. Good websites don't run bullshit on your computer. Compare 4chan.org to tmz.com, and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>58799069
It's malware, don't use it.
>>
Use Chrome and install ScriptSafe, practically the same thing.
>>
File: 1486297371671.png (171KB, 1874x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486297371671.png
171KB, 1874x1000px
Here's an updated guide how to use fine grained control in ublock. It gives what most users would want out of umatrix. If you need extremely fine grained control over what is allowed, then you would want umatrix.
>>
>>58799069
Still using noscript + request policy
>>
>>58799079
Why anyone would recommend this shit over NoScript is beyond me desu.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.