[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do to shut yourself off technology when you need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1482495314224.png (30KB, 466x361px) Image search: [Google]
1482495314224.png
30KB, 466x361px
What do you do to shut yourself off technology when you need to study for exams? 90% of /g/ has internet addiction, yet somehow some of you still make it.

Give me your best tips, I have absolute garbage willpower.
>>
Put a sharpie in your ass.
>>
Block all you can on hosts file, turn off computer, and throw away the power cables.
Or just have a little bit of discipline. If you're procrastinating, that means whatever you're skipping isn't that important.
>>
>>58682673
Go study in a public area. The fact that people can look at your screen what you are doing might be an extra factor not to browse /g/,4chan or any other shady shit in general.

Other than that being in a different area then your bedroom alone can be a bit better.

If you have fb there is an option to temporarily shut down you account for a day or so. Look it up.
>>
>>58682775
This. I felt I worked better when I was working on stuff in the labs on campus as opposed to my dorm room and overall felt more productive and got more things done.
>>
>>58682752
>. If you're procrastinating, that means whatever you're skipping isn't that important.
not always,. sometimes you're scared of what you're doing and you know its super important
>>
>>58682673
Shove install gentoo up ur ass
>>
>>58682673

0.0.0.0 on everything that you do not need
>>
>>58682673
I would literally take my gaming PC and put it in my closet, then just plug in my laptop to my monitor and set up a badass workstation. Additionally use your hosts file to block whatever sites you go to.

Additionally, if you feel that your willpower is complete ass, do something like this.

Study for 20 minutes, break for 10 where you can browse whatever you want. Hell make it 15 minutes if you want. Eventually you will realize to yourself that you should be studying and get back to work. Or if you do use your whole 15 minutes, at least your will still be studying more often than not, so go at it.
>>
File: 1483648884191.jpg (40KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
1483648884191.jpg
40KB, 626x626px
>Studying
>Not just paying attention during lecture so you don't have to

Never gonna make it
>>
>>58682910

That only really works in high school.
>>
>>58682673
>need to study for exams
If you bother with studying a little during the year, you generally don't need to study for exams specifically

also, >>>/r9k/
>>
>i can't force myself to step away from the computer
>/g/ halp meeeee

Do us all a favor and leave the planet. Your genetics should not be carried on.
>>
>>58682673
Move to another room of the house that doesn't have a computer. Bring a shitty laptop in with you if you need the internet to study.
This other room should have almost nothing in it other than a chair and a desk, maybe a mini-fridge.
Turn the light on in the room and tell everyone (if you don't live alone) to leave you the fuck alone.
Study, study, study.
Profit.

Bonus: Drag a shitty mattress in there if you plan to do this for more than one day.

This method helped me maintain a 3.7GPA while hiding my 16 hour a day video game addiction, GL anon.
>>
>>58682673
I recently bought a Nokia 130 to replace my OnePlus One and I've found that I waste a lot less time looking at pointless shit online. That only helps if you find yourself looking at your smartphone often though. As for your PC, there's a chrome extension called StayFocusd that allows you to set the maximum amount of time you allow yourself on certain websites, I find that helps.
Other than that just think of how much it'd benefit you to pass your exams well and use that as motivation.
>>
>>58682802
Well you aren't going to finish it if your scared of it.
>>
Lights in room on
Uninstall GPU drivers
Use linux to avoid games
Set a router firewall to block jewbook+4chan so you don't get on it with your phone
>>
>>58682673
Press the power button its litterally that easy...
>>
File: heidi_ep1_running.jpg (23KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
heidi_ep1_running.jpg
23KB, 400x306px
I remember not having Inernet for a few months last year, and while I missed a lot of important things, it was absolutely fantastic.

I have a bad Internet addiction, and not being constantly worried about reading emails, RSS feeds, etc. felt incredibly liberating.
It was like I was bedridden in a basement for years and then I was pic related.

My FOMO was gone because I just gave up on whatever was happening around me and didn't have the need to always wanting to know or partecipate in what's happening online.

When I got Internet back, I went to feeling like shit exactly like before within a day.

I wish I could live without the Internet...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.