[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC wont boot from USB drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: plugging-in-usb-drive.jpg (48KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
plugging-in-usb-drive.jpg
48KB, 1000x666px
I am trying to make a bootable usb drive with dban on it so I can wipe and return a laptop but the usb drive doesn't seem to boot. It's recognized in bios and windows. I used rufus to make it bootable using the .iso from the dban website. I made sure the usb drive was selected as first boot priority in the bios but it still just boots to windows. I tried this on the laptop and after several attempts (double checking I did everything properly as well as I know how) I tried it on my desktop.
It just did the same thing and booted to windows.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. The laptop does not have a optical drive nor do I have an external optical drive.
>>
File: pls read the sticky.png (7KB, 420x385px) Image search: [Google]
pls read the sticky.png
7KB, 420x385px
>>>/g/sqt
>>>/wsr/
>>
I'm sorry, not a regular here
>>
Rename the configuration file.
>>
maybe you have to disable secureboot man
>>
>>58481003
The first thing you should read when going to a new board is the sticky. It gives you valuable insight as to why the fuck you came to the wrong neighbourhood. Now get the fuck out.
>>
>>58480956
Stick around the board, they ha e a stupid questions thread, in it they may have some mercy on your mortal soul
>>
>>58480956
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

use this, it works on USB drives which are screwed up and can't boot automatically. it will detect at startup.

Rufus and all the other applications are fucking shit.
>>
>>58480956

Look for a key that brings up boot menu. Had to use F8 for my P6T SE to boot up from usb.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.